Devil May Cry HD Collection Xbox 360

8.4

1. Apr 5, 2012
    I can now play DMC on the Xbox 360. I was expecting a little more polish with the cutscenes and menus. I think everyone knows that these games are very deserving of an HD upgrade, but they should have taken more time to polish the cut scenes and do a complete HD update. I am still a big fan and I love the franchise. I will enjoy playing these games through.
  2. Apr 6, 2012
    If you are a true devil may cry fan you must have this game its 3 games in 1 for $40 with some fixes to graphics and 99 achievments and if you never played any of the DMC games this collection is where you need to start and after all of capcoms crap this collection is a good move just hope they dont charge us for content on the disc. opps i think i just gave them a idea haha.
  3. Apr 7, 2012
    DMC in HD is still a good game with great characters, great bosses and enemies in super great location. If you have not played DMC need to catch up as soon as possible. Great story you will remember for a very, very long time. In HD the game looks very good, and the music is a great complement.
  4. Jan 15, 2013
    2 of the greatest action games ever made (and one really bad one) for less than half the price of a new game. Outside of a few tiny emulation issues, you owe it to yourself to play these game if you have any interest in the genre. Perfect for those new to the series or those on a nostalgia kick.
  5. May 1, 2012
    Every once in a while, a title comes along that re-defines the future of gaming. It's a turning point in game development, and spawns hundreds of budget clones that try to cash in while it's hot. In 2001, DMC was one of those games. It single-handedly invented the action game genre as we know it. DMC3 invented true Stylish Action- with weapon switching, evasive maneuvers, and over-the-topEvery once in a while, a title comes along that re-defines the future of gaming. It's a turning point in game development, and spawns hundreds of budget clones that try to cash in while it's hot. In 2001, DMC was one of those games. It single-handedly invented the action game genre as we know it. DMC3 invented true Stylish Action- with weapon switching, evasive maneuvers, and over-the-top powers.

The ports are really solid. I had some concerns after reading about the problems with other HD collectiosn recently, like the Silent Hill HD Collection. Visuals are crisp and clean, and the games look excellent considering their age. DMC1's textures hold up surprisingly well (shows how far good art direction can go) aside from the pixelated skybox or so. DMC3 looks absolutely gorgeous. They added some anti-aliasing, and the motion capture looks impressive even by today's standards. The only gripe that some people might have is that various menus and cutscenes (the ones that are full motion video) are still in 4:3 ratio. This isn't a dealbreaker for me, and recreating these videos would have been pretty impractical.

Some people are saying that they stretched the aspect ratio of the games to fit the widescreen. THIS IS ERRONEOUS. They actually widened the viewing area to 16:9, which makes some of the camera angle griefs much better.

Of course, the entire series runs at 60fps for buttery smooth combat. No hiccups or framerate issues. No technical glitches or bugs. The gameplay is pretty much flawless.

As for extras, the Vault comes with a collection of never before released pre-production concept art. One of the other reviewers on Amazon said that this is all stuff you can get on the internet, but it's simply not true. There are several pieces of art from back when DMC1 was a Resident Evil title. These never made their way to the general public. There's also a nice selection of music from each of the three titles. This is, unfortunately, incomplete, but it's still a nice touch. Throw your favorite track on while you peruse the gallery.

DMC2 is a throwaway title. It always has been. Don't let that discourage you because DMC1 and DMC3 together are worth well more than the $40 asking price. Even so, it looks as good as it ever has.

If you have ANY interest at all in action games, maybe you want to see what all the hubbub is about, or if you want to revisit these incredible titles with gorgeous visuals, you owe it to yourself to pick up this collection.
  6. Apr 8, 2012
    My first Devil May Cry game was part 4. I really wanted to play the first three. This is an excellent value. Three games, in HD, for the price of less than a regular game. Devil May Cry 1 is great. Excellent combat, great graphics and challenging game play. Devil May Cry 2 is just awful. Graphic wise, looks great. They toned the combat down for some reason. DMC 3 is absolutely insane!!My first Devil May Cry game was part 4. I really wanted to play the first three. This is an excellent value. Three games, in HD, for the price of less than a regular game. Devil May Cry 1 is great. Excellent combat, great graphics and challenging game play. Devil May Cry 2 is just awful. Graphic wise, looks great. They toned the combat down for some reason. DMC 3 is absolutely insane!! The combat is phenomenal. This game by itself is worth 60. Really great package minus DMC 2. Expand
  7. Apr 13, 2012
    The DMC HD Collection offers a Neopolitan-esq experience, all the flavors of Devil May Cry presented in a nice little box. There are no real changes to the games save for the graphics. The games got smoothed out...but not entirely, which keeps this collection from being a perfect 10. Some cutscenes have been untouched which makes for a strange experience when you go from the newer graphicsThe DMC HD Collection offers a Neopolitan-esq experience, all the flavors of Devil May Cry presented in a nice little box. There are no real changes to the games save for the graphics. The games got smoothed out...but not entirely, which keeps this collection from being a perfect 10. Some cutscenes have been untouched which makes for a strange experience when you go from the newer graphics back to the PS2 ones. Collapse
  8. Jan 15, 2013
    It's worth just buying and playing this instead of buying the new DmC game, you can buy this and number 4 for less than the new DmC costs. And in the end, you have 3 good devil may cry games (2 sucks), and you paid half the price. The collection is good for convenience's sakes, and i'm starting to see the virtues of re-releasing classics on newer consoles.
    I don't really need to talk
    I don't really need to talk about gameplay too much, but i believe they tweaked the first game slightly as there was a few things out of date. But generally they all flow nicely into one another as you play through.
    Only complaint is that the graphics still felt like they needed touching up, and Devil May Cry is kind of rubbish, the gameplay is there, but you can notice the difficulty dip tangibly. I played the first game and struggled my way through, dying constantly, and refusing to drop to easy mode, getting better as i went. And then moved onto 2, which i played through without a single game over, i died once and used a gold orb, which to my suprise ressurects on the spot in 2, rather than sending you back, making things insanely easy. The camera angle on 2 is annoying, as it always feels too far zoomed out, so you really can't see the action, and the voice acting actually took a nose dive in 2, with Arius and his laughable voice.
    The silver lining of the cloud is that what followed was 3, which is probably the best one. Overall, you're paying a low price, for 3 games, one of which is mediocre, and they'll last you longer than most modern games, and remind you what was lost with the new reboot game.

8/10 -2 for Devil May Cry 2.
  9. Mar 6, 2013
    This is a great series and i was very happy when I found out they were making a HD collection. DMC1 is awesome, although, in retrospect it lacks some of the complexity of moves that the latter DMC's are enriched by.... I know it is because its the first, but I still felt like I should be able to do things that I couldn't. The only reason I marked this down was because of the inclusion ofThis is a great series and i was very happy when I found out they were making a HD collection. DMC1 is awesome, although, in retrospect it lacks some of the complexity of moves that the latter DMC's are enriched by.... I know it is because its the first, but I still felt like I should be able to do things that I couldn't. The only reason I marked this down was because of the inclusion of DMC 2 skip it it's not necessary. Oddly I find the redesign of Dante in DMC2 more jarring than the 'all new Emo Dante' in DMC 5... but clearly that's JUST me... DMC 3 is a great all rounder frustratingly difficult and complex, yet it all seems to come together with practice... I really think that some of the level design just wasn't up to par in DMC3 making the game harder than it should have been, but it seemed to work in it's favour. Maybe it was just clever....

It is a minor shame that DMC 4 is not on the disc but we can't have everything can we? DMC HD collection is not just a trip down memory lane. It's the conversion of hack 'n' slash into an art form. Frustratingly impressive.
  10. Jul 11, 2015
    Would rate each of the 3 games:
    Devil May Cry 1: 9/10
    Devil May Cry 2: 6/10
    Devil May Cry 3: 8/10

Most people prefer 3 over 1, personally I found 1 to be better. Great boss fights in both though.
  11. Sep 5, 2013
    Devil May Cry HD Collection is a must-have for every DMC fan. Two great games (also DMC2) in one package makes this a very good deal. However, if you've played the first or third installment of Devil May Cry already, you'd save more buying the other one by itself.
  12. May 8, 2014
    Why the fuuck in the bloody world they didn't do an PC DMC HD Collection.In other words...this collection is just what I dreamed of.Sooo yeah..make it only of consoles ,why am I not surprised.
  13. Jun 22, 2015
    Devil May Cry is one of the best selling Hack 'n Slash series and lives up to it with its humour, story and bad ass characters; fans of the franchise agree that the PlayStation 2 titles were examples of how to make a fun game. To relive the series first three titles, Capcom released the hit titles in a HD bundle for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Did it do well? Yes and no.

Yes: With

Yes: With the HD update, smooth 60fps and wide screen support, DMC fans would feel comfortable playing their favourite games once again, from start to finish.

No: Despite being a HD remake, DMC HD Collection offers no new content other than a audio and art gallery on the game selection screen.

I enjoyed playing all three games in HD and the large amount of achievements/trophies will keep fans playing until they give up from killing demons; however, the HD Collection suffer two problems: the non-added content and the need to bring up the home menu and start up the HD Collection just to change games.

Overall, I rate this game 8.5 out of 10; the loss of points is due to no content (1) and the constant need to re-launch the game to change (0.5).
  14. Oct 26, 2015
    I simply love this game, my rating can't be lower than 10, if possible it would be 1000 instead! I recommend this game for all the PS2 Devil May Cry fans.
  15. Apr 13, 2012

1. Sep 17, 2012
    As it stands, Devil May Cry HD Collection is a solid package for action fans.
  2. Jun 10, 2012
    This collection is an easy recommendation for fans of the series, who will find it every bit as playable as (and far more attractive than) the PlayStation 2 versions-but it doesn't feel like a definitive edition of the games, and with its near-complete lack of a manual and insufficient in-game tutorials, it makes no effort to ease players unfamiliar with the franchise into the DMC world.
  3. May 16, 2012
    If you've never played these games before, having the first three titles all on one disk is very nice, especially considering the price point.