6.6

1. Sep 4, 2013
    This game shines in the local couch play. Gather 4 friends or family members and have fun in a never ending dungeon crawler to hunt for loot and Gold while drinking and laughing at ALL the Blizzard hating trolls with no lives outside of their mental state.
    This game is simply dynamite: a family that plays together, stays together. Let's rock and roll and loot
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    diablo 3 is way better to consoles from pc.First there is no always online drm.you can play offline singleplayer plus 4 co-op local.Second the suprise for me is the control system of your character,better than mouse and keyboard on pc.You have the left stick to move and right stick to envade(you step back
    or sideways to envade enemies).You must play it to realise that blizzard did very
    well job with controls.
    AND third the looting that is the heart of these games is right not broken like the pc version because there is no auction house.YOU gain items every time you complete quests and not only money and exp.
    this games is for looting.
    BLIZZARD RIGHT LOOT AND THE CONSOLE VERSION HAS GREAT CONTROLS AND USER INTERFACE THE RIGHT COMBINATION FOR A VERY GOOD GAME.
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    While Diablo II might still be better than this game, Diablo III is the best action loot rpg on the consoles right now. It is also loads better than the PC version, having all their patches but not their dreaded action house. The removal of skill points sucks but I find runes to be fun so far in being able to change playstyles mid-char so all in all its not too bad. A bit to colorful imo and a bit childish and predictable but I think in this age of dumbed down games we can be glad its still close to a diablo game I guess.

Best diablo or blizzard game? No
    Best console action rpg? Yes
    Best game for xbox this year? Yes
  4. Sep 4, 2013
    This game makes a fantastic port over to the console, with offline play and no RMAH it removed two of the biggest complaints people had, add in co op play with up to three friends on the couch and you can have a lot of fun playing this.
  5. Sep 4, 2013
    So glad Blizzard went to the console with D3. I've been playing it since yesterday and so far, I LOVE IT. The only problem I have with it is the inventory. Something could have been done differently there. I still gave it a 10 though. I played Diablo 1, 2, and 3 on the PC. Loved all 3. This one is just as great. Not sure why there are 15 negative scores. Not sure what game those people are playing but it ain't this one. Go buy it, play it, and love it. Expand
  6. Sep 5, 2013
    I'm actually really surprised at how much work Blizzard put into the console version of this game. A lot of aspects in D3 have been reworked from the pc version to make game feels native to the consoles and gamepad controls.

The much talked about change from the pc version are the addition of a local coop mode and the removal of a constant online requirement and auction house. But
    Blizzard was nice enough to bring back LAN capability as well, something that was obviously not possible with the online requirement of the pc version.

Among other changes, instead of controlling player character via mouse clicks ala RTS fashion, player now has direct control over the character. Blizzard also added a fairly responsive dodge move that is mapped to right analog stick. As a result, fights are a lot more arcade-y (in a good way) and you feel more involved in the thick of it. The combat now resemble something like a fighter where you zoom in to deliver the hits and evade out of the way of any enemy attacks as oppose to standing toe-to-toe with baddies and hacking it out like traditional Diablo combat (of course you can still play D3 like that but the evade feature just adds to your combat repertoire). The camera and FOV are also closer to the action compared to the pc version, partly for technical reason and partly to emphasize the action more.

To accommodate for speedier play and lack of mouse control, looting is now automatic for gold and bodies; player walk over to collect gold and check loot on bodies. That's something I personally really like. You still have to press buttons for item pickups. Blizzard also introduced a quick inventory management system that allows players to quickly compare, equip and drop items without pausing and going into the inventory screen. You just press up on the D-pad and recent picked up items are displayed relative to your current setup with the choice to equip or drop. This is obviously added for local 4 players but I also found it to be very useful for on the fly loot management in SP. Inventory has been adjusted for console control as well, but that's one change that's not necessarily for the better as I still prefer having simplicity of mouse drag and drop for inventory management.

Speaking of items, loot drops have been massively adjusted for the console version. One of the many complaints about the pc version is how many junk items there are in game. According to Blizzard, they've addressed this by scaling back the rate at which items are dropped but have made the items more "useful" in general. And to their credit, I have noticed A LOT less item drops compare to the pc version during my playthrough of the 360 version. Rumor is Blizzard will be making a similar adjustment to the pc version in an upcoming patch.

Due to the limitations of the aging hardware, there are some expected technical compromises with the console version. The visual fidelity is scaled back compared to the pc version and the resolution is native sub-720p to maintain a steady 50-60 framerate. It's jarring at first especially if you are used to the much higher resolution of the pc version but once you get going that's quickly forgotten (at least for me it was).
  7. Sep 8, 2013
    It's been 13 long years since Blizzard's last console offering (StarCraft 64 on the Nintendo 64 back in 2000)... but it was worth the wait. Diablo III not only translates well to consoles, but actually improves over the PC version. The lack of an always-online connection meant you can play the game offline. The point-and-click PC controls are replaced with fluid console controls (though the right-stick being evade instead of camera control is odd, for me at least). The rest of the game shines: addictive RPG gameplay, various monsters to fight, lots of loot to collect and tons of replayability. Gather 3 more players and you're in for a fun time that's second only to Borderlands. It can get difficult at parts, especially if you play solo. But this is the definitive version of Diablo III. Blizzard's return to consoles has shined in more ways than one. Expand
  8. Sep 4, 2013
    Diablo 3 has a simple formula. Kill things, get gear, kill harder things, get better gear. Beat bosses, get even better gear. Rinse and repeat. If you are looking for a in depth RPG with lots of character choices, interesting puzzles, plenty of sideline questing and gripping dialogue, then you will need to look elsewhere. If you are looking for the ultimate in hacking and slashing your way to epic gear then Diablo 3 does it like no other, and the console version is a great way to experience the fun. Expand
  9. Sep 7, 2013
    I actually like the game. I dont know why people hate this game so much, even people who never played the game. this game is fun if you like diablo games, people usually forget how d2 was. it was way worse than d3 at release. and the console version is pretty good now.
  10. Sep 4, 2013
    I've always wanted to play a Diablo game with a game pad. As much as I love D3 on PC, I love it even more on a console. The only gripe I have is that the 360 doesn't natively display 1080 resolution, which has a noticeable effect on graphical fidelity. Great game!
  11. Sep 25, 2013
    A really fun game where you slay all sorts of monsters in various stages while collecting unique weapons and armor. I'm playing it co-op and it's a blast, the most fun I've had with a game in quite a while.
  12. Sep 6, 2013
    I don't know where I have been in the world of gaming? But Diablo 3 is my first foray into the Diablo series. It has been a game that has just passed me by, for some reason. I think I thought it was an RTS type game so I just dismissed it out of hand. I bought it mainly because there was a lack of things to buy on console. It was not what I expected at all. It's like a mini-MMORPG, if such a game type exists, and a lot of fun. Interspersed with some jaw dropping cut-scenes that threads the story together magnificently. I haven't put it down since I got it. I have just trounced Diablo (on easy, because I am very lame) as a Barbarian. Now looking to play a little harder and try the other classes. In retrospect, it has probably passed me by because it was a PC game (spits twice and crosses himself). I had major issues with PC games, graphics cards and all sorts problems hence the reason I jumped ship to consoles.

I have to say my gaming mojo, was on a downer I was even thinking about going back to PC gaming (spits twice and crosses himself). All the business about console wars, revelation after revelation. It was just getting me down. But Diablo 3 made me realise why I like games. It was a wonderful escape and immersion into a well crafted world. It works well on a console, even though the UI is a bit fiddly on times. Just kind of goes to show, you aren't limited by the number of buttons you have on a controller you are only limited by lack of imagination. No such problem with this game, love it and highly recommend it to everybody.
  13. Sep 5, 2013
    Ok, truly a fantastic game. I have never played the pc version of diablo or any other diablo for that matter, but already I can tell its going to be my new favourite game. The choices of characters are great debating with friends who's character is best and who will beat who is just like a sport to us I would definetialy 100% recommend this game to any one who seeks a role playing monster slaying dungeon raiding game to buy this, I just hope games like this continue to be made Expand
  14. Sep 10, 2013
    Diablo 3 ohh how i love you, no other game this year on console got to me, and yeah i'm sick of the usual and this was a surprise It's fun, looks beautiful and the gameplay well here is the great part it could be so easy my little brother could play it blindfolded or so damn hard you would want to forget that you ever even bought it The controls where fit to the console version and it truly felt like home on the xbox, well blizzard done a great job on this. Didn't regret buying it don't listen to the haters just buy it and judge yourself. It's a BLAST Expand
  15. Sep 7, 2013
    anyone who thinks this game sucks is insane and stupid..this game is the EXACT SAME THING as diablo 2 just 3d and the setup is different but overall the 2 games are alike and its a GREAT addicting game ESPECIALLY in co-op wth give blizard a break they diud an amazing job they respected diablo franchise and history so whatever haters are everywhere thats nothing new phew!!
  16. Sep 9, 2013
    Since my PC decided to take a permanent "break" I've been stuck to consoles. So when I originally heard of Diablo 3 for the PC I was gutted. I almost went and bought a new computer just for this game. But, then the critics started ripping into it, so I held back.

So when I finally saw the release for the X360 I was ecstatic. Even if it wasn't good, it would art least warm my nostalgia
    for my D2 playing days.

To my surprise, I utterly love Diablo 3. I honestly do not get all the criticism, but to each his own I guess.

If D3 had a flaw, it is that it rehashes almost everything from D2 & D1. But how is this a bad thing? I played D2 & D1 to death, and still love them. On it's own it isn't as good as Diablo 2, but I don't see how anyone could improve on it. Also, I'm surprised at how well D3 handles on the console.

In game graphics aren't a huge leap from D2 but detailed and different enough to not call it dated. The cut scenes are just superb, I can understand that the PC elite might not care too much, but this level of detail, on a 360 is fantastic.

Gameplay is almost identical to Diablo 2. It has been simplified a bit, but perhaps that is better as I did find D2 was a little needlessly complex at times. Regardless, it works and the game is just as enjoyable as D2.

Story & Narrative are exactly what you would expect from a Diablo game. The story continues flawlessly and the character developed nicely. I really love how care and attention went into the personalities of each of the classes.

Overall:
    Diablo 3 is perhaps a new favorite on this generation of consoles. It is not as good as Diablo 2 and the tech behind it can be seen as a little dated, but this doesn't matter to ME. I loved it and I can not wait for the expansion.
  17. Sep 5, 2013
    Being a fan of the series I was surprised to hear it was making a transition to consoles. This is an amazing game and adding the 4 player co-op with out the initial problems the PC version had this is an amazing experience really recommend it to everyone that likes games the only down side will be the colors are tuned down so it is not as pretty as the PC version but it is very slick I hope the visuals make the bossy in the next gen. Expand
  18. Sep 5, 2013
    First of all I have never played any Diablo game. I am not a PC GAMER. So I have not played the previous generations of Diablo.

Having said all that, Diablo III Rocks! Thank you Blizzard for bringing this couch co-op over to the PS3.
  19. Sep 4, 2013
    Como não joguei a versão de PC, não tenho comparativo, julgo somente o jogo em si, e posso dizer que fizeram um incrível jogo, com dublagem brasileira, legendas corretas, cooperativo bem elaborado, menus e opções que permitem não atrapalhar a dinâmica do jogo, gráficos incríveis e cenário bem detalhado.
    O que pode frustrar o estilo de jogo que condiciona o uso de mapas de forma
    repetitiva, fazendo a impressão que você já tenha entrada num determinado ambiente, mas faz parte do estilo do jogo, mas gera um ponto negativo. Expand
  20. Sep 7, 2013
    First of all, ignore all these scores under 5 and their reviews. They're all haters and trolls from the PC version whose only purpose is to troll Diablo 3 without stop. With that being said, Diablo 3 is a great game from a casual gamer perspective and it plays absolutely well on the console. For 60 USD, the game has provided me more than enough hours of entertainment; more so than the just released Saints Row IV. Expand
  21. Sep 6, 2013
    This game is quality. Great atmosphere, great combat, great characters, great graphics. So glad this has come to console. Hope they cross more games over in the future. Brilliant addictive game!
  22. Oct 11, 2013
    I bought this game on PC when it first came out and thought it was great and I have to say the console version is much better. The controls are awesome and the inventory system is much better. The co-op on Xbox live especially is where this game really shines.
  23. Sep 14, 2013
    This is a fantastic game. I wanted it so badly on the PC, but my PC is a bit slow, and when they released it on consoles, I was just. Blown away. The controls are so good, the gameplay, and you can play offline, which the PC version doesn't have. And I love how you can roll too. Fantastic game, absolutely recommended to all fans of the Diablo III. (Oh, and I've played the first two games already.)
  24. Nov 14, 2013
    As I read these comments it makes me sick because everyone complains about it because that. I play diablo 3 on pc and play on xbox 360.I now say that I have not had such a game on consoles despite small flaws. I gave a 9 because it is worth to play this game.
  25. Oct 1, 2013
    An excellent adaptation of the PC version. Actually, likely one of the best PC ports I've ever seen. Runs at 60 FPS most of the time, load times are super quick and the controls work very well with a controller. I own both the PC and 360 versions, and I don't see myself ever returning to the PC to play it. Couch co-op is fun and functional. Blizzard went out of their way and put lots of nice touches for this version. It might not be as deep as Diablo II, but the 3D effects (physics, etc) make it very entertaining to play. It also has lots of end game things to do, and with a shared stash as well as shared blacksmith upgrades and paragon levels that apply to all characters on the account, it's very fun to upgrade other characters and keep playing the game. 9/10 easily. One point removed for a few minor gripes; can't compare equipped items when viewing stashed items (only to what's in your inventory) and targeting a surrounded enemy can be tricky.

For any dungeon crawler fans who love the progression of great loot and unlocking skills, this one's a must own.
  26. Sep 17, 2013
    -Graphics- 9/10. I really like how smooth this game was on my Xbox. I didn't see any texture pop ups during the time I played it.

-Performance- 8/10. Nothing too serious, I had a few times where there was a horde of monsters I was attacking, and noticed a little bit of a framerate drop. Only happened from time to time, though.

-Gameplay- 9/10. Porting it over to the Xbox 360 felt
    right. It was easy to control on my controller and responded very well. Fighting mass hordes of demons is a blast, and only gets boring when you have been doing the same thing for a few hours or so.

-Sound- 8/10. Much of the same things can be heard, but doesn't get boring too fast. But once you hear the same sound of the same enemy dying, it really drags along.

-Conclusion- Now, I have only played this for about 2 hours, and do not have much depth of what everything really is, but the time I played, I was excited to play it, but after a few hours, it began to feel a bit repetitive. Still, a good game, and probably one of the better ports of a PC to Console game than most, I give it an 8.5/10 (9/10).
  27. Sep 15, 2013
    I´ve never played any Diablo game before, and this home-version just fit perfect into my hands. By far (I just entered act III) this game doesn't disappoints in any way. The gameplay s simple, fun, and pretty darn fast if you have the right equipment. Normal mode has proved to be a very enjoyable experience. I don't understand why so many people is hating so much on this version of D3, at least, the 360 version runs perfectly. I will probably expend a whole lot more hours into the game. Hopefully, trying to max out all 5 classes. Highly recommended title! Expand
  28. Sep 14, 2013
    This game is amazing with tons of missions and places to go, it really lives up to it's predecessor. I find it a 10/10 Easy. I don't know why soe people are giving it so bad scores
  29. Sep 6, 2013
    First time playing a Diablo game and I am really liking it. I am playing coop with my girlfriend, she is really liking the game as well. I am using the Monk and she is using a wizard so far its a perfect match..
  30. Sep 7, 2013
    I own Diablo 3 for pc but I decided to get it on my X360 so that my wife and I can play on our big screen. Hands down the console version blows the pc version out of the water. Graphics look great, multi player is awesome and dropping in and out is as simple as can be. It looks sick on my 60" TV and my wife loves it!! I hope Blizzard brings all its next Diablo's to console!! This game is perfect!! Gets a 10 from me! Anyone gives this version lower than an 8 is a pc fanboy. Expand
  31. Sep 16, 2013
    If you like Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance, you will love this game. Fantastic local couch play with 1-4 players. Its nice to find another game in this genre combining the local co-op again. So much loot and monsters to kill; its never ending fun.
  32. Oct 15, 2013
    If you ever played the old school Diablo you have to play 2 and 3. The story is actually pretty good and the gameplay gets better with each game. It's amazing to see how this series has advanced in the last ten years.
  33. Nov 1, 2013
    Where to start,
    I got this game based on a few good reviews, I can vaguely remember trying to play the 1st game on pc as a kid and although I liked the dark gothic feel to it, I compared it to the ultima game where the woman gets beheaded on the bridge, never had my own pc iv always been a console guy I just prefer the controller, do when I heard of diablo 3 I was a bit exited (I do have
    a great gaming pc but I couldn't play a game like this with mouse n kb, it has a different look to the prior 2 games but that isn't bad really I like the environments and yea character models ain't jaw dropping especially up close, but the endless playability and replay make this a great game, plus the cutscenes are some of the best iv seen,
    Local multiplay takes me back to the good old days of gauntlet etc, can't understand the bad reviews, I'm keeping my 360 well into next gen purely for this title alone!
  34. Sep 16, 2013
    First of all I love the franchise. I've spent many an hour play D2 and D2:LoD. I've had the game for a little while now and over all I'm very pleased. Currently it's taken 12 hours to play through normal mode and I'm in Nightmare now. I'm a little dissapointed on how quick I got through the first play throuogh.
    Over all a very good game to kill a few hours with
  35. Oct 10, 2013
    One of the best games from PC to console. Put a lot of hours into this and found something new at every turn. The same screen co-op play is one of the best added features of the console. The online play is pretty much the same, albeit without the Auction House. 10/10
  36. Oct 17, 2013
    Brillant experience in console! I played in Diablo 3 only in trial mode but that has been enough to said DIABLO 3 PC is crap low optimalization, many bug's, crash's.....and more.

Diablo 3 on xbox 360 is fantastic and amazing. Blizzard do very nice work giving to console so awesome hack'n'slash. Big for blizzard
  37. Dec 30, 2013
    Like diablo 3 on Console better becuase it feel more Natural for me. But most annoying is those dune wasp. Always love this game really wish it was more acts and local co-op is good and online co-op also good.
  38. Nov 4, 2013
    Bottom Line. This dungeon crawler is a blast to play, alone or with up to three friends. Great production, voice talent and music. Awesome areas to explore and fun enemies to battle. Never having owned the PC version I cant compare but it looks great on my 60' Samsung LED. Some say the story line is forgettable but I find it entertaining while not engrossing. However this game is about three things. Exploring, killing collecting. Its a great feeling to find that powerful and rare bit of loot while grinding through the loathsome hordes. If you like dungeon crawlers, this is a no brainer. If your not familiar with them, this is a great intro. Expand
  39. Nov 5, 2013
    A better game than the computer version and the addition of same room coop play make this a lot of fun. In every way, it is better than the PC version. Better loot drops, better control of your character and the ability to play with friends on the same machine. Slightly easier than the PC version, but that is what the difficulty levels are there for. Definitely recommended if action RPGs interest you at all. Expand
  40. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is very good. Takes me back to the classic Gauntlet legends days when I used just sit in the couch and play with my friends some 4 player coop. I love all the different content this game has. I was a little skeptical at first, since I saw the pc reviews relatively low, but now that I played it, I can easily say this game is a keeper. The collecting loot is also a very addicting part of the game. I give this game a 10 because many players from the pc version are trying to doom the console version; which IMO is the superior version for the fact that it has 4 player Offline coop. Expand
  41. Nov 27, 2013
    i never played the PC version but playing this game with a friend that did actually got me to be positive about this game... all i can say is that removing the auction house was actually a good thing that made this game better, i enjoy the gameplay and the character builds, definitely worth getting

A conversion that is almost too good to be true. Diablo III is moving past its previous mistakes and removes the game-breaking auction house that made PC players suffer through its charts. [Issue#234]
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    Diablo III is a better game on consoles. Gamepad controls lack precision a bit, but on the other hand this version does a better job at conveying the most important thing in the series – the euphoria associated with looting. [CD-Action 11/2013, p.68]
  3. Oct 14, 2013
    It's one of the best local and online co-op games available on 360. [Issue#103, p.77]