Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga Xbox 360

• Release Date: Apr 12, 2011
  • Also On: PC
7.8

1. Jun 17, 2011
    Fantastic game which takes you right back to old school rpg gaming. Storyline is good upgrade system is done supremely well and you can customise your weapons and armour continually throughout the game. Added to that you can transform from a dragon knight into a dragon, what more would you want. For anyone who is a fan of old school rpg gaming this is a must. Would recommend this game toFantastic game which takes you right back to old school rpg gaming. Storyline is good upgrade system is done supremely well and you can customise your weapons and armour continually throughout the game. Added to that you can transform from a dragon knight into a dragon, what more would you want. For anyone who is a fan of old school rpg gaming this is a must. Would recommend this game to rpg fans out there. Expand
  2. May 12, 2013
    I've only been playing this game for a few hours, but so far it seems to be the pure epitome of a run-of the-mill RPG. It has it's flaws, it has it's strong points. Decent graphics, good combat, some freezes and glitches. I think the sound track deserves a mention, though. The music is good for an average video game.
  3. May 24, 2012
    This game is a poor RPG. It has a reasonable storyline. But apart from that its a very poor game on all other areas in comparison to some of the better RPG's out for xbox. It has a poor leveling and customisation system. The graphics are weak as are the scope and size of the areas. Some of which you can never go back to after moving onto the next area. This game is only worth a minimal preThis game is a poor RPG. It has a reasonable storyline. But apart from that its a very poor game on all other areas in comparison to some of the better RPG's out for xbox. It has a poor leveling and customisation system. The graphics are weak as are the scope and size of the areas. Some of which you can never go back to after moving onto the next area. This game is only worth a minimal pre owned price, and thats if you've played almost every other decent RPG out there. Expand
  4. Jan 31, 2013
    An average RPG that is rather bland and can not compete with other titles in its class. The visuals are decent enough, voice acting is ....... bad but in a cheesy-it'll-make-you-grin kind of way. Quests and story are really generic and it seems the writers really put very little effort into writing/creating something unique. The game does have some interesting features like the dragonAn average RPG that is rather bland and can not compete with other titles in its class. The visuals are decent enough, voice acting is ....... bad but in a cheesy-it'll-make-you-grin kind of way. Quests and story are really generic and it seems the writers really put very little effort into writing/creating something unique. The game does have some interesting features like the dragon morphing, it comes in at such a late stage of the game that it is really hard to continue to show interest in the game. Overall: Divinity 2: DKS is RPG equivalent of late night TV, it's OK if there is absolutely nothing else, but it's still nothing special. Like I said before, a completely average RPG that is completely forgettable. Expand
  5. Jul 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ever played a game and wondered what it would be like to have an antagonist that kicks you around and that you never fight at the end, let alone beat?

This is for you.
  6. Apr 10, 2012
    A good RPG game: good music & graphics (but, they could be a little better...), really long. You have a lot of options to configure your character and the world is so big. Whereas I like this game (I love RPG) I only recommend it if you like RPG (I mean classic RPG). I must say that this game sometimes is confusing (the storyline could be told in a better way). The creators has improve theA good RPG game: good music & graphics (but, they could be a little better...), really long. You have a lot of options to configure your character and the world is so big. Whereas I like this game (I love RPG) I only recommend it if you like RPG (I mean classic RPG). I must say that this game sometimes is confusing (the storyline could be told in a better way). The creators has improve the original game in the DKS and I'm trully especting their next game. Expand
  7. Sep 3, 2012
    Divinity 2 The Dragon Knight Saga is a reasonable RPG with a decent lore and story, but just looks very last gen in terms of graphics and overall presentation. Having not played the original release on xbox 360 (which must have looked terrible given this has been given a graphical overhaul and added an expansion) I am unable to comment on the differences. The game moves along a a steadyDivinity 2 The Dragon Knight Saga is a reasonable RPG with a decent lore and story, but just looks very last gen in terms of graphics and overall presentation. Having not played the original release on xbox 360 (which must have looked terrible given this has been given a graphical overhaul and added an expansion) I am unable to comment on the differences. The game moves along a a steady trot once it gets going but never really draws you in, due to limited character customisation options and uninteresting dialogue choices (although admittedly clever and amusing ones at times).
    The flying dragon sections that should have been a triumph are initially fun but generally rather bland (due to limiting force fields) or just plain annoying (I'm looking at you Zeppelin escort). Overall Divinity is an average old school combat orientated 3D open world RPG.

1. Apr 19, 2011
    While it shows significant improvement over its previous release, Divinity II's visuals and gameplay still lack the level of polish we've come to expect from this generation's entries.
  2. Apr 19, 2011
    A game slightly better than the sum of its parts. While its graphics are subpar for a modern game, the combat is fast-paced and fun.
  3. Apr 18, 2011
    Ultimately, The Dragon Knight Saga is a game at odds with itself. Its solid writing and quest design has to contend with balance issues and a myriad of other minor problems such as a sporadic autosave function that feels more like an afterthought.