8.0

1. LokP
    Oct 28, 2009
    Another leech in the genre. I loved Guitar Hero and Rock Band, but I feel that marketing has gotten the best of the music/game genre. I don't think they will stop until they completely milk it for every last drop. Would it hurt to use some creativity once in a while?
  2. HipHop
    Oct 28, 2009
    This game is a load of crap. The only thing that resembles DJing in the gameplay is the peripheral, Actual DJ duties like Picking samples, timing DPMs and free scratching to a bombbeat are nowhere to be found...CREATIVITY, give me my palettes and let me make the mixes...Thats a REAL DJ HERO!!! Its cool for a Vehicle to hear other DJ's do their thing, but to be a real game, let the This game is a load of crap. The only thing that resembles DJing in the gameplay is the peripheral, Actual DJ duties like Picking samples, timing DPMs and free scratching to a bombbeat are nowhere to be found...CREATIVITY, give me my palettes and let me make the mixes...Thats a REAL DJ HERO!!! Its cool for a Vehicle to hear other DJ's do their thing, but to be a real game, let the user make the mash-ups. Expand

In an overcrowded genre of music games, DJ Hero resides at the very top with the best of 'em. The original mixes are stunning and scratching the turntable is just as fun as it seems.
    DJ Hero is a beautifully structured experience that understands the rhythm-action genre thoroughly enough to appeal directly to progression-obsessed fans, yet knows how to juggle its goods to offer a music experience that's never frustrating and wears its unpretentious accessibility with pride.
  3. A well made title that even old farts can enjoy. From the quality set list, accessible turntable peripheral, and generally nicely implemented mechanics, there's a lot for any gamer to enjoy. On the downside, the multiplayer elements aren't nearly as convincing as they should be, making this a game you'll likely play alone.