DmC: Devil May Cry Xbox 360

5.1

1. Jan 17, 2013
    Why all the hate folks? It's not your usual Devil May Cry for sure. Capcom seems to be getting a lot of hate lately, some justified, some not. DMC is an effort to reinvent the series and getting Ninja Theory to do the game is a good move. The combat feels fluid and the production values great. So yeah, haters will always be haters. I am a big fan of the DMC series and I felt this is aWhy all the hate folks? It's not your usual Devil May Cry for sure. Capcom seems to be getting a lot of hate lately, some justified, some not. DMC is an effort to reinvent the series and getting Ninja Theory to do the game is a good move. The combat feels fluid and the production values great. So yeah, haters will always be haters. I am a big fan of the DMC series and I felt this is a shot of fresh air for the series. Expand
  2. Jan 28, 2013
    Pure action gameplay. Oddly, It reminds me of Final Fantasy X where all actions serve a particular purpose, and usually thats not a good thing, but the game has a way of making you remember what does what and it really becomes second nature. It's a wierd comparison but it's true nontheless. There's some camera issues, and more importantly way too much platforming. You could almost callPure action gameplay. Oddly, It reminds me of Final Fantasy X where all actions serve a particular purpose, and usually thats not a good thing, but the game has a way of making you remember what does what and it really becomes second nature. It's a wierd comparison but it's true nontheless. There's some camera issues, and more importantly way too much platforming. You could almost call this a platformer. And this brings it down a full grade easily. What a dumb decision. Dante's new look is nowhere near the problem that the amount of platforming is. Expand
  3. Jan 15, 2013
    A surprisingly decent story,combined with excellent and stylish combat,and an awesome soundtrack make DMC a great reboot and a step forward.I especially enjoyed Dante's rejection of the mop-head,but thought it was too careless or too careful to alienate fans that way(players choice). It didn't bother this long time fan and I enjoyed the dozen hours this took to finish the first run.TheA surprisingly decent story,combined with excellent and stylish combat,and an awesome soundtrack make DMC a great reboot and a step forward.I especially enjoyed Dante's rejection of the mop-head,but thought it was too careless or too careful to alienate fans that way(players choice). It didn't bother this long time fan and I enjoyed the dozen hours this took to finish the first run.The harder difficulties are much appreciated though as the first run-through was waaay too easy on the toughest available difficulty.The controls,though initially tricky,only require a modicrum of practise which I actually didn't mind too much.I had a great deal of fun anyway.The Icing on the cake is the fact that a ton of haters complained,bought it and then complained again.That's almost too too funny .Almost... Expand
  4. Aug 27, 2013
    Fans of Devil May Cry franchise can abandon their fears as Ninja Theory’s treatment to the Devil May Cry franchise takes Dante into a newer, better world, complete with a fantastic combat system, stunning visuals and an amazing story of brothers Dante and Vergil’s fight against a demon king. This is Devil May Cry at its finest, covered in the blood of demons and angels alike.
  5. Jan 3, 2017
    eu levei um susto quando eu vi a media do jogo no User Score, como assim 5.1? eu achei o jogo excelente, um Hack and Slash de primeira, tudo bem que teve a polemica do visual do Dante mudar, mais eu acredito que esse nao seja o motivo dessa nota tao baixa, o trabalho de voz é excelente, o grafico é bonito, a jogabilidade é muito boa, bem fluida, tem chefes muito grandes, alguns sao bemeu levei um susto quando eu vi a media do jogo no User Score, como assim 5.1? eu achei o jogo excelente, um Hack and Slash de primeira, tudo bem que teve a polemica do visual do Dante mudar, mais eu acredito que esse nao seja o motivo dessa nota tao baixa, o trabalho de voz é excelente, o grafico é bonito, a jogabilidade é muito boa, bem fluida, tem chefes muito grandes, alguns sao bem dificeis, o jogo tem uma jogabilidade boa, o antagonista do game é apenas ok, eu achei que ele deixou um pouco a desejar, o Dante continua um grande personagem, a trilha sonora é excelente, foi um jogo que foi muito bom passar o tempo, eu gostei demais. Nota 9.4 Expand
  6. Oct 12, 2013
    DmC: Devil May Cry is one of thee best games of 2013. In fact, it kicked the year off in January as the first best game of the year. Fast paced, heart pounding, intense, fun as hell action, and a awesomely crafted and intriguing story line, including amazing, beautiful level design make DmC one of the best games in the genre. And one of my favorite games of all time. I LOVE this game. AndDmC: Devil May Cry is one of thee best games of 2013. In fact, it kicked the year off in January as the first best game of the year. Fast paced, heart pounding, intense, fun as hell action, and a awesomely crafted and intriguing story line, including amazing, beautiful level design make DmC one of the best games in the genre. And one of my favorite games of all time. I LOVE this game. And I really hope we get a sequel to it soon. Expand
  7. Jan 25, 2013
    Truly a masterpiece when it comes to enraging old fans. I've never seen such an amazing, continuous display of "features" only made to anger. I hope Capcom makes a sequel to see more people popping blood vessels.
    10/10.
  8. Oct 25, 2013
    It actually pains me to see a game under-sell and do poorly just because a bunch of childish fangirls dont like the style and new story. Its just annoying. The game is fabulous. From the amazing combat and superb visuals, and not to mention the heart pounding soundtrack. I enjoyed every second of it. And the only reason its getting so much hate is because dante looks different. Get overIt actually pains me to see a game under-sell and do poorly just because a bunch of childish fangirls dont like the style and new story. Its just annoying. The game is fabulous. From the amazing combat and superb visuals, and not to mention the heart pounding soundtrack. I enjoyed every second of it. And the only reason its getting so much hate is because dante looks different. Get over it. Ninja theory deserved so much more from the people for making dmc matter again. Ignore all the hate, and if you haven't already, play it. You wont regret it. Expand
  9. Jan 20, 2013
    Alright, first of all, ignore all of the angry fanboys who are pissed about the change in creative direction for the series. You know, the ones who are creating multiple accounts just to grade this game down. Is the game perfect? No. Is it a 0 or a 2? No.

Pros: Gorgeous graphics. Inventive level design. Interesting story for what it is. Accessible and fun controls. Cons: The

Cons: The new Dante. The general lack of characterization.

It's worth a play, and I commend Ninja Theory for trying something different, even if I'm not a fan of it entirely.
  10. Jan 20, 2013
    8.5 - DMC: Devil May Cry is fantastic, no doubt about it. Just finished the game today, and I have to say I am very impressed. I played 3 & 4, so I can't call myself an original hardcore fan, but I can definitely say that I'm a fan of this reboot. The new Dante comes across as totally unlikeable in the beginning - the opening cutscene is way too over top - but as the clever story8.5 - DMC: Devil May Cry is fantastic, no doubt about it. Just finished the game today, and I have to say I am very impressed. I played 3 & 4, so I can't call myself an original hardcore fan, but I can definitely say that I'm a fan of this reboot. The new Dante comes across as totally unlikeable in the beginning - the opening cutscene is way too over top - but as the clever story progresses you begin to really enjoy his new style. He is still the same pizza chiming, one-liner too-cool-for-school hero from the past games but now he has a sense of humanity in his B-movie style antics. Like I said before, the story is surprisingly clever. It's not really groundbreaking, but more creative and cool. The places that you explore are hyper-stylized and fun to traverse; Limbo is one of the coolest creations of the hack n slash genre. The ultra-stylized visuals complement the game wonderfully, and the unreal engine pulls off some beautiful landscapes. The reboot also reintroduces the pivotal character Vergil, who actually makes sense and is a character that you feel for. Voiceovers are strong across the board, along with the digital performances. DMC wouldn't be anything remarkable without the fine-tuned dynamic combat. The combat in DMC is fantastic; animations are strong, pulling off combos requires thinking rather than button mashing, and the 7 weapons you eventually have at your disposal allow the player to pull off incredibly cool combos. The soundtrack, while I'm not a fan of metal or dub step, keeps the game consistently energetic and fun. There are some very cool boss battles, along with some incredibly creative level designs that really wowed me. The game isn't without faults, though. The Unreal engine sometimes has texture loading issues (nothing we haven't seen before) and there are some herby-jerky animations for Kat and Vergil. There are also a couple of sequences where there is no combat what-so-ever, where you are just running alongside of Kat or Vergil. Also, DMC has a bit of profanity (not as much as I expected though) that is inconsistent with the DMC name, which I felt was a mild turn-off. Aside from the gripes, DMC Devil May Cry was a hard game to put down. Looking at the metascore, it seems that fans were not pleased, but I also doubt many have even played the game. It's a reboot, and a much needed one after the atrocious DMC4. It's very creative and stylish game that really surprised me from start to finish. I can't wait for the return trip and going after those harder difficulties! Expand
  11. Jan 30, 2013
    haters gonna hate, but this game is another blockbuster, the fans support this, and this os what really matter, like call of duty and resident evil 6, many hate, many love
  12. Feb 6, 2013
    First the obvious. This is a remake (Remember that word) of an over-rated franchise that desperately needed it. Out of all the hack n slash games as of late such as DMC, God of War, Bayonetta, and Ninja Gaiden......DMC felt the most stale.
    The story was hilariously bad, the character was a pretty boy with long hair and really awful one liners spewing out of his mouth. Like most Japanese make games that are supposively adult he looked like an ugly anime girl with the personality of a 10 year old. The gameplay was solid and the graphics were fine but did not stand out. Capcom knew the franchise was falling behind the others and decided a shot in the arm was needed. So they call Ninja Theory.
    Ninja Theory are known for great production values mostly because of their incredible voice acting, emotion, and characters. They are also known for well recieved but commercial flops. So how did they do/
    Well this is a remake. Most gamers do not grasp that concept. So they have been on the net crying and complaining like teenage girls fighting over a guy. It has been a pathetic display and shows why gamers are considered genetic fumbles, geeks, and outsiders. Many franchises have seen reboot ps over the years and some have failed or succeeded. This one passes the test head over heals but the butthurt punks of the game community really outdid themselves with their metacritic hate and ignorance.
    The story is great. It sticks close enough to the original while taking out the ignorant banter most Japanese games in this genre are known for. In other words anyone can follow along and enjoy it. It has some great cutscenes to tell the story and move the narrative alone. Amazingly people have complained about this. (Metal Gear 4 gets a free pass though.....) It is easily the first DMC where I paid attention to what was going on.
    The difficulty took a step back but you can open up harder difficulties and the hard ones do pose a challenge.
    The gameplay is standard hack n slash and like a good reboot should, you develope more powers, combos, and such as you go. Like Ninja Theories other game Heavenly Sword, you have to use face button and trigger combos to switch weapon attacks. Takes getting used too. One cool thing that was added is the ability to ty out and switch out combo attacks.
    Dante is a likable character as well as the supporting cast. Some bosses make a return and again.....even though it is a remake the community cried. The choices were good with the bosses included but some of the fights are all too standard with what has already been done for the genre.
    The sound in more western metal instead of Japanese hair metal. It is more rugged and hard edged. The voice work is great which should be expected and the sound effects are well done. Nothing to complain about.
    The graphics and art are in my opinion the best in any hack n slash game that has been released. Not as technical as God of War 3 but the world is incredible. The rifts, shifting, lighting, and film grain and blups in the transfermation into limbo is awesome. Limbo is a screwed up place but the look is awesome. The first level was a shock to the senses and I actually had to train my eye to the art. Amazingly done.
    I do have a few complaints. The levels while they are cool does not get better as they go. They stay consistant but I was hoping for a big final. The boss fights as stated earlier are nothing new. A few on the character exchanges seem forced for shock value but it is miles ahead of the past titles. And finally some of the jumping movements, especially the air dashing can be a bit tricky.
    One last thing. I have seen a lot of crying about Dante saying "No way!" to the white wig during the game. I thought it was hilarious and was a direct attack on the babies who have cried foul this who cried foul the whole time. It said 2 things. 1- This is not the same DMC and 2- Ninja Theory has heard the cries and stayed course with their own vision. Any good dev worth their salt would of did the same thing.
    Well done Ninja Theory. The best hack n slash since Ninja Gaiden Black and a big middle finger to the drama queens.
  13. Jan 29, 2013
    The game is great, fun smooth action, a decent plot.
    Vergil is an a**hole.
    The scenarios are stunning.
    The soundtrack is the best in the franchise.
    My final verdict for this game is: A BETTER GAME THAN DMC 2 AND 4 .
  14. Jan 4, 2016
    The game looks stunning,Dante is really hot character,secondary characters look really nasty but awesome as well,the gameplay is fun when it comes to fighting with different weapons to extend combos,the platforming could of worked a bit better though.A game you'll probably have a blast with i know i did.
  15. Jan 23, 2013
    It's a decent action game but its not a devil may cry game. Ninja theory should have called this devil may try! Graphics and music are good but story and controls are weak!
  16. Feb 20, 2013
    This game is very good. Few faults.
    Pros
    - A lot of tricks
    - Many opponents
    - At completion point grading
    - Good atmosphere
    - Interesting story
    - Beautiful girls
    Cons
    - Poor perception
  17. Jun 25, 2013
    The motion capture was pretty awesome than the other DmC games. I just like the combat weapon (Angels & Demon) where there is pulling enemies, shooting time and alternate impact games. The new Dante design it's so cheap. The only think i like in the game was a enjoyable gameplay. than the character's design that was so cheap.
  18. Apr 28, 2017
    El control del personaje es buenísimo así como la cantidad de combos que hay para hacer, la dificultad es buena, la duración del juego es buena, el personaje de Dante es buenísimo y esta muy bien acompañado, los bosses me gustaron y los enemigos también.
    No entiendo el odio hacia este juego ya que su calidad es muy buena, muchos simplemente se guían por lo que dicen haters, prueben el juego ustedes yo lo recomiendo totalmente.
  19. Mar 21, 2013
    I honestly think people are taking the whole new Dante design think way too seriously, Attacks have an amazing amount of variety and combos are fun and the enemies aren't half bad as well. Although i can definitely see why fans of the series would get pissed off, Im not rally a hardcore DMC fan either way so it doesn't really affect me as much. stories pretty cool but there isn't as muchI honestly think people are taking the whole new Dante design think way too seriously, Attacks have an amazing amount of variety and combos are fun and the enemies aren't half bad as well. Although i can definitely see why fans of the series would get pissed off, Im not rally a hardcore DMC fan either way so it doesn't really affect me as much. stories pretty cool but there isn't as much character development as hoped for except for in Dante and his brother. I liked it, it was fun and it was action packed Expand
  20. Jan 19, 2013
    It's about d*mn time that video games grew up. / It's okay to show human violence, but not violence against certain demographics (like women)? It's okay to show death and dismemberment, but not the most necessary of all acts (procreation)? Get off your high horses, please. / The medium of video gaming needs to be driven forward. That means that the same topics that other media deal withIt's about d*mn time that video games grew up. / It's okay to show human violence, but not violence against certain demographics (like women)? It's okay to show death and dismemberment, but not the most necessary of all acts (procreation)? Get off your high horses, please. / The medium of video gaming needs to be driven forward. That means that the same topics that other media deal with needs to be covered, as well: sex, violence, philosophy, religion, etc. Does DmC cover said topics in an adult way? Perhaps not. **But it is a giant leap forward.** It deserves to be saluted, for that fact. /
    The negative reviews here are merely by reactionary conservatives. People who whose views be looked back upon with contempt, just as the average citizens of today look back with contempt upon historical conservative views (anti-abortion, pro-slavery, pro-monarchy, anti-woman, etc.). What is conservatism? A mentality that is afraid of change and afraid of the unknown. Progressiveness is not afraid to try new things. And that is why we have the modern world: electronics, philosophy and science (instead of religion), democracy (instead of dictatorship, monarchy, or other oligarchical), etc., etc., etc. / Get with the 21 century. Play this game.
  21. Jan 26, 2013
    Love this game. Having played and still owning almost all the DMC's up to this point I really dont understand how anyone who has played DMC could not love this new DMC reboot. I love everything about the game and not I'm not just saying that. I didnt really like DMC4 very much, but this reboot of DMC is just truly amazing. The graphics are awesome, I love the new Dante look and for allLove this game. Having played and still owning almost all the DMC's up to this point I really dont understand how anyone who has played DMC could not love this new DMC reboot. I love everything about the game and not I'm not just saying that. I didnt really like DMC4 very much, but this reboot of DMC is just truly amazing. The graphics are awesome, I love the new Dante look and for all those trolling and crying about the new look why dont you just use the original Dante skin and stop crying because that is the dumbest reason to not like or give a game a bad rating I mean damn it came with 4 more optional skins. If you have ever liked any Devil May Cry or Darksiders I or II or any other big name hack and slash then you will be glad you got this game. and to be honest I did not like Darksiders 2 at all and am not a huge hack and slash fan, but like I said I LOVE this game, and really did not expect to. I really cant understand the people that give this game a bad rating but when you consider that all the well known reviewers and critics give it high scores then you know that they are just trolling and crying for what reason no one knows, but this game is a must have! Expand
  22. Mar 2, 2016
    As a not diehard Devil May cry fan i enjoyed this game very much.The best of hack and slash.But the bad is that the Devil May Cry franchise has never been full hack and slash,had more puzzles and sharper story.I understand that the change of the main characters also brought some negativity,but overall i find this game amusing for me.
  23. Dec 19, 2015
    Very addictive combat, if nothing else. If you've played devil may cry 4, or bayonetta, you'll feel right at home with this game. I loved bayonetta, but I have to say, this game edges it out in terms of action and visuals. It is almost on par with arkham city for action
  24. Feb 6, 2013
    Let me start out by saying I loved DMC 1,3, and 4. But at the same time I will not pretend those were perfect games. The major set backs in my opinion of the older Devil May Cry's were the camera, the gameplay in-between combat segments and probably worst of all the F***ing music. Dear god the music... every time you engage in combat there is only one horrible Rob Zombie song that playsLet me start out by saying I loved DMC 1,3, and 4. But at the same time I will not pretend those were perfect games. The major set backs in my opinion of the older Devil May Cry's were the camera, the gameplay in-between combat segments and probably worst of all the F***ing music. Dear god the music... every time you engage in combat there is only one horrible Rob Zombie song that plays over and over and over till my head explodes. Don't get me wrong the music in the new DmC isn't a masterpiece but it is appropriately heavy and diverse. Further more the cutscenes/acting in the reboot is top notch, it has a ridiculously pulpy story, creative level design, well done difficulty settings, extremely familiar yet more dynamic combat, and most importantly is JUST FLAT OUT FUN. Although I did prefer the anime style of the older games, DmC (the reboot) is an overall more ambitious and better game. Look at the journalist review scores, the quality is there. When it comes to user reviews just remember, haters gonna hate. Expand
  25. Nov 3, 2013
    There has been a lot of controversy about DmC. The design of Dante was especially criticized. In all honesty however, being this my first Devil May Cry, I gotta say that is actually a really good game, and doesn't deserve the low rating half the users are giving it.
    First, the visuals. They look really good, and are pretty smooth. Some were complaining about it being in 30 fps instead of 60, but it doesn't feel clunky at all. I've got to say that, personally, I prefer the original DMC's designs, but there is actually an explanation revealed during the story. While the character's design aren't as good as the original, the environment is gorgeous and polished. The soundtrack is not really memorable. Too many heavy metal songs. The voices aren't memorable either, but do their job.
    The story feels like an afterthought, but I guess those who wanted to know Dante's backstory (at least, what WAS Dante's back-story until this game became part from an alternate universe), it will entertain you. I've got to say that I didn't laugh that much to this new Dante. Everyone I know says that Dante cracks a lot of jokes and trash-talks his enemies almost constantly. The only problem is that, these aren't that funny. He says a lot of and it's just not entertaining.
    The gameplay is what makes this game truly worthy. The combos are quick, fun and really entertaining to watch. The multiple attacks with different attacks give you a huge amount of variety in combos. There are some moments of basic platforming, but the gameplay is entirely based on combat. And I'm not complaining at all with that. The bosses maintain the fun factor of the game, through some can get a little repetitive. Overall, I'm excited to try on other Devil May Cry titles, and a little sad to see this title being left behind by a bad design choice. Luckily, it will be vindicated over the time.
  26. Jan 15, 2013
    everyone needs to relax and come to one simple question when playing this game: Is it fun? The short answer is, unequivocally, YES. Long answer?
    The game is NOT perfect, do not be the first person to pretend it is. At the same time, its a well done game by a good studio, and while it may not go over the heights of the previous franchise, its still a damn good game. Hell, even the creator of Devil May Cry has gone to bat for the developer to say this is a good game and is treated with respect. If anyone is allowed to have an opinion, its him.
    Overall, the gameplay is a ton of fun, and while styles could've been nice to implement here, who knows, maybe in a future installment we can see this.
    The point of this review is that the haters you see in the comment section below have NOT played the game or if they did, they only did so to complain here. They are not the real fans since they are so butthurt over the new look of Dante. And while I miss the old Dante, this is a RE-IMAGINING, not a sequel/prequel. Give the game an honest go, and you will see that the gameplay as well as the story are both fun and memorable. Don't listen to the idiots on this site and try to judge a game for yourself before you knock this one off of your list. My biggest complaint, however is the lock on [which isnt perfect] as well as how over the top the story segments can be.
    However, everyone in the reviewing-game biz can see this is a well-done game [hell Famitsu gave it a 34 out of 40, and we know how hard it is to please them].

so, be a open minded individual, don't give into the hate [which people did before the game even came out] and judge it for yourself. You will be surprised at how much fun you can have. Be honest and you will enjoy this game for what it is. :) This is a good game for any fan AS LONG AS YOU TRY TO HAVE FUN and ENJOY THE GAME FOR WHAT IT IS [a re-imagining with great gameplay, nothing more]
  27. Jan 22, 2013
    The definite hack-and-slash game on the 360. It might not be the DMC that we all know and love--and that's exactly why it's good thing. While I own the previous games, and I enjoy them for what they are, none of them are definitively excellent. The have no story (don't argue, they don't) and just thrive on the beautiful-if-clunky combat that we all love. Sure, the story here might not beThe definite hack-and-slash game on the 360. It might not be the DMC that we all know and love--and that's exactly why it's good thing. While I own the previous games, and I enjoy them for what they are, none of them are definitively excellent. The have no story (don't argue, they don't) and just thrive on the beautiful-if-clunky combat that we all love. Sure, the story here might not be Pulitzer Prize winning, but it's definitely a step up for the franchise driven by nothing but killing aimlessly because the game tells us to. The combat? Beautiful and smooth, all wrapped up in an absolutely glorious artistic style. This is it, this is the game I've been waiting for. Epic as sin, and sure as Dante we're sin. Expand
  28. Mar 7, 2013
    Firstly it's interesting to see how many people wrote poor day one reviews about a game that they clearly hadn't played. As time goes on there seems to be more and more positiveness about this game. I do feel however, that the public are doing a good job about voicing concerns over genuine issues that are plaguing gaming such as EA's always online DRM for Sim City or EA's Pay to win microFirstly it's interesting to see how many people wrote poor day one reviews about a game that they clearly hadn't played. As time goes on there seems to be more and more positiveness about this game. I do feel however, that the public are doing a good job about voicing concerns over genuine issues that are plaguing gaming such as EA's always online DRM for Sim City or EA's Pay to win micro transactions... or just EA in general, however, it goes a bit far when we apply this to the colour of Dante's hair. Dante seems to have lost his Mojo, this is true. He also seems to have lost the ability to lock on to enemies, to be nice to people and to smile. This is where the negativity should end. Many of us who have played the game rather than the demo feel that DMC has been treated unjustly. Ninja Theory have done a very good job and technically it is a visual treat (stop whining about a 30fps cap if you really care get a TV with motion plus). The gameplay is fluid and complex. Resorting to the alleged button bashing that some 'hard core Devil May Cry' players seem to resort to will only get you as far as in previous devil may cry games (i.e. through human mode). The stand out point is the level design. Just Awesome. In a gaming world where we are getting some repetitive and generic level design, Ninja Theory have really though outside the box and provided some of the most original and mid bending level design in an action game to date. How this can be described as bland and unoriginal in some user reviews is beyond me... seriously check back over Devil May Cry 4 and look at how much back tracking you have to do through fortuna castle!! I also wonder about whether some of the negative die hard Devil May Cry fanboys actually played all the Devil May Cry series. To say that the gameplay is dumbed down from Devil May Cry 2 is just not true! In fact you may find that many of the same reviewers also complained about Nero in Devil May Cry 4, saying the action had been dumbed down which I enjoyed by the way... but I prefer DMC (5). The only true Devil May Cry games have been 1 and 3. The addition of triggers to instigate Angel or Demon Weapons is a genuis move, and i feel that adding enemies that require specific attacks was a good way of avoiding the button bashing that people believe they are doing. I feel that Capcom have suffered from a premature reboot. I truly believe that they could have churned out a continuation of the original series, however, to trash this game is to snub a great effort from a development team who have made a great game I just wish we could have a DMC line and a Devil May Cry continuation like Modern warfare and black ops... oh and vergils downfall is even better! The story comes into its own in the add on. Expand
  29. Jan 9, 2014
    I want to say upfront that this is the first Devil May Cry game i have picked up and played. What first drew me to this game was that fact that it was a hack n slash game which is a genre i really enjoy, and its visuals. But when i started to play the game i got really hooked on its gripping story, its facial animations, and many more. Now just because this is my first Devil May Cry game iI want to say upfront that this is the first Devil May Cry game i have picked up and played. What first drew me to this game was that fact that it was a hack n slash game which is a genre i really enjoy, and its visuals. But when i started to play the game i got really hooked on its gripping story, its facial animations, and many more. Now just because this is my first Devil May Cry game i have played does not mean i don't know what is going on. In this game you are Dante who you just suspect first as a lady's man who enjoys partying but after he is attacked by a demon in the first level he gets drawn into a secret war where demons walk among the human populace. Within the first level you meet Kat who becomes very instrumental in helping Dante on his journey. Then after Kay helps get him out of limbo she takes her to meet another character named Vergil who is the leader of this group that may seem like a terrorist group but you will find out that they are actually fighting the demons that walk among the humans. When Dante meets Vergil, Vergil tries to convince Dante to join but at first Dante refuses but when convinced Dante goes into limbo where he discovers his origins which i won't spoil for you because it is very interesting. Anyways after that Dante agrees to assist Vergil's cause which is too help humanity in a certain way against the demons. Now i want to talk about some of the games positives, first the Unreal Engine makes this games visuals extremely fun to look, in this game you will be spending most of your time in limbo, and thats where visuals come into play, the level of detail in this game i believe can compete with some of the other hack n slashers out there such as Dante's Inferno, and the God of War series. You will see constantly the environment breaking apart and reshaping itself. The boss battles are another big positive to this game because not only are they really cool characters but again they use the visuals really well so when the bosses use their attacks they are just a wonder to look at, there really is no way to fully describe them. Another really strong positive to this game is the voice acting and facial animations, all the characters are believable they sound like they actually put hard work into their characters, and the facial animations are just spot on, no lip syncing problems, i would go as far to say that these facial animations are on par with LA Noire, YES they are that good. I may have said this before the story is really well written, its worth a ride and it is simply a fun roller coaster ride, there is one major plot twist at the end which brings me to my next point, this games ending is both action packed and emotional with a sense of morality. Now i will say without spoiling it the final boss battle will not end with who you think. It is so rare to find now a days a good game ending that is so satisfying it sticks with you in your mind, which this ending will do to you, because all of the characters are really memorable. One of the final positives for this game is the weapon selection and combat system throughout the game you will be introduced to at least 7 or 8 weapons, and each of them have their own visual flare, plus the best thing with this weapon and combat system is that yes the game gives you some standard combos but if you want to put some imagination into it you can switch weapons mid combo to create some really insane looking combos. This combat system is not repetitive in any major way, because the enemies in the game provide a challenge in a way that they don't just use one attack over and over again just like you they will mix and match their attacks. Now i have found no major glitches, no drop of the facial animations, and thankfully no drop in the frame rate. Now it may seem like this game in my mind is perfect with no significant flaws but there is just one flaw in the story, and it deals with the context of a certain scene in the opening cut scene. What it is, is that in the beginning Dante is in a strip club, and he is with two of the girls there, he has fun with them then takes them back to his trailer and the scene that results is that the two girls are in the trailer with Dante and he has more fun with them, and you will see the trailer bouncing up and down implying that Dante and the two girls are having strong sex. Well i didn't have a problem with he club scene because Dante was just there watching and charming the girls, and i also didn't have a problem with him taking them home but after that i think they should have cut it off there then resume when Dante wakes up the next morning. I just believe the scene i described when Dante takes them into the trailer did not have much context to be in there. So to me that was just a small disconnect from the story. I would like to say i am not against sex in video i just prefer it when it has context. In conclusion i would highly recommend this game to anyone, and my final score is really 9.75 Expand
  30. Mar 13, 2014
    Ignore all the flack that this reboot gets. It's fun, and really, that's all that should matter with a video game. Only problem I had with it is that it's far too easy. Literally the ONLY gripe I have with it.

1. Mar 11, 2013
    A worthy rebirth of the franchise as it possesses fast-paced chaotic action, which is diversified by the several weapons that make up Dante’s arsenal, an engaging soundtrack, and a story worthy of the DmC franchise.
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    Beyond the near-perfect controls and satisfying combat, Ninja Theory has clearly sweated the game's atmosphere and visuals.
  3. Feb 25, 2013
    Ninja Theory have against all odds created something fresh; a creatively superb and in places fantastic action adventure game. It will not be for everyone and is certainly more mainstream than previous efforts but DMC is a rip roaring start to 2013.