6.3

1. Jun 7, 2012
    Other game of the big mouth of Don King. We meet much fighting games: Dead or Alive, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter; And all are better than this game. And we meet the principal box saga, Fight Night Round, a better box game. The principal problem in this game is that the story is really stupid, the graphics are awful, when you play with other people the game have some funy moments, but the rest is terrible. Expand
  2. May 19, 2013
    Honestly, I was kind of expecting more from this game, by the way it looks, I thought it looked alright, but when it went down to gameplay, I just couldn't stand it. By the way the tutorial was telling me to play, I was doing everything it asked, and it just didn't match up, with broken controls, and broken gameplay, this game won't make up for any of your time.
  3. Apr 8, 2014
    Prizefighter is a game that never stood a chance, you can't go against a juggernaut like Fight Night and then put little effort into your fighter.

The boxing this time takes it back to the old school, where face buttons control your uppercuts, jabs and hay-makers, which I have always prefer-ed. But there is nothing behind those punches. Mash the buttons and your boxer will stick out
    his arms and it's touch and go whether or not the game recognizes them as a landed punch. They all look unconvincing due to poor animation but it's up to the A.I whether they make it to not.

Presentation has some potential, licensed music and fan fare makes you almost want to get pumped up for the fight if you didn't already know how things are going to turn out when the game-play kicks in.

The game's main focus seemed to be a well fleshed out fictional documentary piece about your created fighter, but when it gets down to it, it doesn't matter how man C-list celebrities they got to record footage, if there is no solid game-play there is no point.

The poorly constructed gameplay handcuffs the game from the word “go” and it never recovers. It’s neither strategic or arcadey in nature and the animations are just plain ugly to watch.
  2. Complicated and unresponsive controls combined with uninteresting gameplay and a disjointed story keeps Prizefighter down for the count.
    Ultimately, though, its charms are outweighed by gameplay that lacks the tactics of the sweet science in real life. With better examples of video boxing on the market, Don King Presents: Prizefighter is a very tough sell.