Doom 3 BFG Edition Xbox 360

6.5

1. Oct 21, 2012
    This game is pretty bad. Loading times are atrocious. Repetitive Enemies and horrible AI. Graphics, guns, voices are bad too. I never played Doom 3 before but always wanted to being a fan of the horror genre. I always thought I was missing out. I guess not.
  2. Oct 19, 2012
    Its good to be able to play doom 1,2 and 3 on the console. My first major complaint however is that Doom 3 doesnt have a coop campaign feature, although the xbox 1 version did back in 2005. The HD makeover really hasnt had the love and care put into it that it deserves. The multiplayer game types seem very quiet/dead which isnt a good sign, I played on launch and found it difficult toIts good to be able to play doom 1,2 and 3 on the console. My first major complaint however is that Doom 3 doesnt have a coop campaign feature, although the xbox 1 version did back in 2005. The HD makeover really hasnt had the love and care put into it that it deserves. The multiplayer game types seem very quiet/dead which isnt a good sign, I played on launch and found it difficult to find any full lobbies. There are nagging gripes such not being able to change control mappings and the fact that you are unable to play doom 1&2 if the game is installed to your console. All in all its doom and everything that you can expect from the franchise, and if you (somehow) missed out first time round now is a good time to crack it open, but its really worth waiting for a price drop. Expand
  3. Oct 16, 2012
    If you never had played this game before, it's a MUST BUY. If you are a Doom fan, you can miss this one without feeling guilty. The new missions are all except new and this pack is just a HD edition of the games.
  4. Oct 19, 2012
    I can't give it the pass. Lack of co-op (WHY WHY WHY NOW WHEN CO-OP IS THE MOST POPULAR THING IN GAMES) that was in the original DooM 3 really kills the value on this game. It's still a good game but that's an inexcusable lacking feature. Stick to the original versions, it's a bad port.
  5. Dec 9, 2012
    This is a good way to start to introduce this generation of gamers' to doom just before doom 4 comes out and is still fun to play. although outdated it is still a solid game and i must say, this makes me a bit excited for the next one. People hate this just because it's graphics are sh*t and you don't really aim, but they miss the point of enjoyment and the fact it was made more than 10 years ago
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    Good package if you don't own the original doom 3, but I you own the original there are mods and addons that do a better job than this HD update. I returned the game after a day of play and I'd rather play it on steam. Recommend to only people that have NEVER played doom 3.
  7. Apr 1, 2013
    Having played some of Doom 3 on the PCand remembering how amazing it looked backed then, it was somewhat jarring to see how bad it looks today. While ID did upgrade the textures and the frame rate is super smooth, the character models look terrible by today's standards. While some might think it's unfair to compare an odler game to today's standards I would day that this is technically aHaving played some of Doom 3 on the PCand remembering how amazing it looked backed then, it was somewhat jarring to see how bad it looks today. While ID did upgrade the textures and the frame rate is super smooth, the character models look terrible by today's standards. While some might think it's unfair to compare an odler game to today's standards I would day that this is technically a remake, and there was room for imrovements to everything. With that being said, this is still not a bad game.
    For starters, I have to say, if you're not a Doom fan you might want to pass this up. It hasn't aged well next to the likes of its peers, even the 2007 Bioshock. The story is still interesting and the enviroments well designed but it feels dated. Also, the combat, while still fun, is pretty simplistic. The animations are stilted and uninspired as well.
    While the models of the human players don't hold up, the creature models are servicable and the lighting still looks great today. The dark enviroments are still spooky as well. Perhaps the biggest dissapointment in this game is that the 3D is awful. Part of the reason I got this game was the 3D and it is unplayable. As someone who loves 3D, and never had a problem with it before, it gave me a headache and strained my eyes. You can adjust the 3d in the settings but it still did nothing to help.
    That being said, you can get this game at a fairly decent price and it includes the original Doom 1 and 2 which is a nice bonus. If you're looking for an FPS at a decent price you can always take this on, otherwise your life would be just as great without it.
  8. Oct 25, 2012
    This version of Doom 3 is very good; a beautiful game to look at. There are only two but annoying problems. The first are the auto saves that intrude upon the experience with a sudden rude pause. The second problem is even worse. There is no option to map your weapons to the d-pad. Instead they decided to permanently assign fists and chainsaw to right, grenades to up, and the soul cube toThis version of Doom 3 is very good; a beautiful game to look at. There are only two but annoying problems. The first are the auto saves that intrude upon the experience with a sudden rude pause. The second problem is even worse. There is no option to map your weapons to the d-pad. Instead they decided to permanently assign fists and chainsaw to right, grenades to up, and the soul cube to left. These are not my go-to weapons for the great majority of time. Instead I have to scroll weapons with either LB or RB looking for the pistol, shotgun, machine gun, chain gun, grenades, plasma gun, rocket launcher, BFG-9000. In the heat of battle (which is the whole time), either you have memorized what gun is best for that fight or you're left to frantically scroll through the gun menu while trying to survive. This my friends is an unacceptable blunder; a gross oversight of the d-pad's Raison d'être.

Did not yet play any of the other stuff.
  9. Oct 22, 2012
    Don't buy this game expecting a drastic remake but to those that never played doom 3 I would recommend trying it out if not now then when you can find a cheap used copy. The graphics are improved but they didn't blow me away either. Yes the game is nearing 10 years old at this point I realize that and it looked amazing back in the day but the texture detail hasn't aged well. I actuallyDon't buy this game expecting a drastic remake but to those that never played doom 3 I would recommend trying it out if not now then when you can find a cheap used copy. The graphics are improved but they didn't blow me away either. Yes the game is nearing 10 years old at this point I realize that and it looked amazing back in the day but the texture detail hasn't aged well. I actually felt like the game played even better with a controller than it did on pc but I have been playing mostly console games as of late. Collapse

1. Hyper Magazine
    Dec 17, 2012
    Still creepy, still fun eight years later. Not quite enough new content to win back old fans, but first-timers will delight. [Jan 2013, p.74]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 6, 2012
    Terrifically boring. [Issue#92, p.84]
  3. Dec 5, 2012
    Doom 3 BFG Edition isn't the complete, ultimate Doom collection I was hoping for but it's still a lot of great content in one place and for a good price. Even if I prefer the original games modded to fan perfection, BFG Edition is a great entry point for novices, or a good way for lapsed fans to rediscover the blood, carnage and white knuckle terror of Doom.