1.6

Overwhelming dislike- based on 47 Ratings

1. Apr 7, 2013
    Double Dragon 2: Wander of the Dragons. You know you're in for a treat when the title is in Engrish.

DD2 is an "updated" version of DD2: The Revenge, on the NES, and in the Arcade. How to begin? Let's start with the graphics. This is one of the ugliest downloadable games I've ever seen. The textures, models, special effects...all of them are done poorly. Even though the game looks

Even though the game looks ugly as all sin, it is PLAGUED with slowdown. The FPS drops to about half if there's so much as four other enemies on the screen with a bit of environmental clutter.

There are cutscenes thrown around, and they look okay, compared to the actual game. It just makes you wonder why they couldn't put the same amount of effort into the actual graphics.

What about the sound? I mean, Double Dragon is known for it's pretty catchy music. The tracks are horrible remixes of old DD tracks, and I mean, really horrible. Expect plenty of 5-10 second loops.

The music in Stage 12 is amongst the worst things I've ever heard in my life. It is literally a 5 second loop of the same thing. Yup. Good decision, there.

As for sound effects, expect boring hit sounds, the same groans and yells repeated throughout the entire game, nothing to distract you from the horrible music.

Controls, oh boy. Know what a good brawler needs? Good, responsive controls. That's what separates good brawlers with bad ones.

This has some of the worst control I've ever experienced in a video game. It feels that your inputs are just...dropped by the game at random, and if they're not dropped, they feel exceedingly delayed.

You know you have a significant problem when the game pretends you aren't pressing buttons, but that's literally the least of the worries you will have playing this.

Special attacks are done by holding RT and pressing A. The problem: It's hard to tell when you can actually use them, and for most special moves, the enemies seem to have more priority with their normal attacks than you. You will be knocked out of special attacks all the time.

The HuD makes it exceedingly unclear when you can use special attacks, as well. There's also another cost to using the special moves, but we'll get into that later.

Unlike most brawlers, you can attack and be attacked in all directions. You would think this would make attacking more flexible, but instead, enemies will surround you and kill you in mere seconds.

As for defensive maneuvers, even the most basic one, running away, is done wrong. If you press the opposite direction you're facing, you will do a backwards hop instead of turning around. After a short delay, you will turn around, but it may already be too late by that point.

You can block, and if you time a block in time with an enemy's attack, you can "Perfect Block" and parry the blow, but the timing on it is very difficult. The enemies attack quickly, and relying on this strategy is sure to cause you more pain than anything else.

Now, the gameplay.

At the beginning of the game, you play as Marian in a tutorial level, with a VA unable to read the same text that's on the subtitles. In the end, she's shot dead, and the game really begins.

95% of the game is you strolling down boring, non-interactive environments. Sometimes there's a random QTE that involves pressing one button, but other than that, repetitive brawling action at it's worst.

You have a generous amount of continues, at least, and every time you continue, you release a powerful shockwave attack. Death abuse is the most potent offensive move in this game, and you'll be dying enough to take advantage of it.

If you run out of continues, you have to start at the start of the stage you were on. Making the continues kind of pointless.

As for enemies, there's three kinds. Male goons and female goons that look ugly and have the same attacks, large goons that will block a lot and deal a ton of damage with one combo, and the fat bosses, which you fight about four or so times.

The fat bosses have a stamina meter. In order to damage them with normal attacks, you have to drain this meter, which always regenerates. Keep in mind, these bosses won't flinch while they have stamina. The only way around the stamina meter (which is stupid) is to use special attacks, or to death abuse, which is more likely, because they take off huge chunks of HP.

Special attacks include the hurricane kick, a moving hurricane kick, a fireball, and a super combo. You can only hold one at a time, and remember the "hidden cost" i mentioned about special attacks? Well, if you use even -one- special attack in the whole game, you get the bad ending.

Try beating this game without the special attacks. You'll smash your controller well before you beat the first boss.

This game was once cancelled in 2011. With great games like Double Dragon: Neon out there, it should of stayed that way. This should be avoided at all costs. There's nothing good in this game, no online co-op, no interesting game modes. Nothing. Stay away!
  2. Apr 10, 2013
    If you enjoyed Double Dragon: Neon in any capacity what so ever, then turn and run as far from this title as possible. Everything about is broken, from the clunky controls that make you feel as if your input is traveling to the moon and back before registering on your console, to the music that will make your ears bleed. Honestly, I've heard more inspired tunes from my niece on her Casio.If you enjoyed Double Dragon: Neon in any capacity what so ever, then turn and run as far from this title as possible. Everything about is broken, from the clunky controls that make you feel as if your input is traveling to the moon and back before registering on your console, to the music that will make your ears bleed. Honestly, I've heard more inspired tunes from my niece on her Casio. I haven't been this irate, disappointed, and just blatantly confused regarding a down loadable game since "Amy". Expand
  3. Apr 11, 2013
    Why on Earth was this travesty made?

I was excited as I thought wow, the original Double Dragon II arcade game (which I've never played but have always wanted to). But no, they've created this travesty instead, completely on the Double Dragon name. Why didn't they just port the original arcade game, to complement the original Double Dragon release? I downloaded the trial and
    Why on Earth was this travesty made?

I downloaded the trial and saw the ugliest looking game ever, almost unplayable with shocking controls and vision finished off with appalling music/sound.

Awful! I deleted after a few minutes, very sad at what I saw.
  4. Jun 2, 2013
    it is amazing to see some games out on the market in payment so boring, repetitive and ugly right from the basic idea! Above them out on the market with THAT name! Double Dragon Legend of the eighties burned, chopped and buried.
    Here lies Double Dragon, killed and then sold to 800 microsoft points

è incredibile vedere certi giochi uscire sul mercato a pagamento così noiosi,ripetitivi e brutti fin dall'idea di base! Soprattutto farli uscire sul mercato con QUEL nome! Double Dragon la leggenda degli anni ottanta bruciata,tritata e sepolta.
    Qui Giace Double Dragon,ucciso e poi venduto a 800 microsoft points
  5. Apr 30, 2013
    It is bad, like E.T. bad. It is so bad I would rather you pay me to flip burgers at McDonald for a job than play this game for a job.

Positives: Negatives: Yeah Positives is just going to stay empty. Lets see the gamy play is horrible absolutely abysmal with no redeeming quality at all every move you make including moving as a noticeable delay it takes several seconds to turn around

Positives:

Negatives: Yeah Positives is just going to stay empty. Lets see the gamy play is horrible absolutely abysmal with no redeeming quality at all every move you make including moving as a noticeable delay it takes several seconds to turn around you have a fatigue bar that rapidly drains and if it goes to 0 you are utterly defenseless and attaching and being hit both drain it and once it is gone it may as well kill you. It does have super moves but they are coincided cheating as doing the once give you the dark "bad" ending.

The graphics? Holly hell man... they make the NES look like a $4000 gaming PC clunky and horrific and not retro just low bad poor quality and flat out horrifically ugly.

Lingth. Well it is hard as hell so I mean yeah it is long but it is not fun not even for 5 minutes.

Difficulty: Not hard but unfair. it is hard because you can not move half the time.

Price point: If you are paid 25$ or more per hour it is worth it if not hell no. even free it is just a was of hard drive space.
  6. Apr 28, 2013
    THIS GAME SUCKS! It's nothing like Double Dragon II, it just a terrible beat'em up game with a Double Dragon II name slapped on. Everything in this game sucks. The graphics, music, controls, everything sucked. If you want to play a good Double Dragon game then dust off your NES, get a emulator, find an arcade machine or download Double Dragon Neon and stay far as possible from thisTHIS GAME SUCKS! It's nothing like Double Dragon II, it just a terrible beat'em up game with a Double Dragon II name slapped on. Everything in this game sucks. The graphics, music, controls, everything sucked. If you want to play a good Double Dragon game then dust off your NES, get a emulator, find an arcade machine or download Double Dragon Neon and stay far as possible from this game. This game is not bad, it's extremely terrible. This game is so terrible, it make Amy look like a masterpiece. I'll give it a -10/10. Expand
  7. Aug 12, 2013
    i bought this game to know if it really was this bad... it's a a really really a really and crap too, crap so crap, yeeah very crap so crap really crap, crap crap crap
  8. May 28, 2013
    Instead of simply porting the wonderful arcade (or the even better NES version) we get this piece of garbage. How did this pass testing and/or quality assurance?! This "game" feels (and looks) more like a prototype to test out an engine than an actual game.
  9. May 17, 2013
    This isn't Double Dragon Neon, I'll tell you what. This is "An Abomination of Assness." Do not buy this game, instead opt for DDNeon. 0/10 magical colored rectangles of awesome.
  10. May 18, 2013
    This piece of crap is disgrace to even call itself double dragon. THIS is nothing like double dragon 2 arcade or the revenge nes version.

Where do i even strart? Clunky controls, weak attacks, laughable music, graphics dont even respect the older games (characters looks like homosexuals) buggy enviromentals you get stuck next to nothing)

This game in a nutshell: Horrendous abomination
  11. Apr 9, 2013
    Nyxx said it best in their review. Honestly, this feels like a old game you'd play on a mobile device with how clunky the responses are. I don't quite understand why the entire screen shakes with every hit connected but it takes away from what little is to be enjoyed here. By all means, DO NOT attempt to grab a weapon. you crouch down for what feels like 1.5 seconds, leaving you open toNyxx said it best in their review. Honestly, this feels like a old game you'd play on a mobile device with how clunky the responses are. I don't quite understand why the entire screen shakes with every hit connected but it takes away from what little is to be enjoyed here. By all means, DO NOT attempt to grab a weapon. you crouch down for what feels like 1.5 seconds, leaving you open to attack. This game is exactly why the brawler genre died out last generation. Expand
  12. Jun 2, 2013

Qui Giace Double Dragon,ucciso e poi venduto a 800 microsoft points

Overwhelming dislike - based on 19 Critics

1. May 30, 2013
    The fighting system is more broken than Back Mountain. Avoid. [July 2013, p.75]
  2. May 6, 2013
    One of the worst Live Arcade titles ever released. An ugly remake that does not deserve anyone's money, cast it forever into oblivion.
  3. May 6, 2013
    A game that should not exist. Even if it were distributed free, no one would advise you to invest even a few moments with a product so indefensible from any point of view.