5.8

1. Dec 15, 2012
    The battles are annoying, when you are about to win and the characters have less than 15k HP, they use their specials and kill you, which is not a good idea because your character has less than 30k HP in the beginning of the hero mod. That's not the only problem, another problem is that this game doesn't have replay value.
  2. Dec 12, 2011
    Not as good as i thought. I bought it the first day it had a 7.5 from game informer which is the score budokai 3 got so i thought it was going to be as good. I liked budokai 3 but not this game. It was a 75 out of 100 hundred on the first day. Decent graphics for dbz alright sound. Awful fighting!
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is decent at best but me being a huge dragon ball z fan I like it. The graphics are great and hero mode was awesome but the game play isn't that good. It gets kinda boring after awhile because it feels like you're doing the same thing every fight and the characters all feel the same. And I thought there was going to be more characters but there isn't that many.
  4. Feb 1, 2012
    After playing both Story, Hero Mode, and online. This game is almost like flipping a coin. If you press X and someone else presses X your opponent attacks you and vice versa with the Y button. If you press X and your opponent presses Y then you have the upper hand. Back and forth that's the fighting of this game. You can charge up and use your super attacks after beating up your opponent.After playing both Story, Hero Mode, and online. This game is almost like flipping a coin. If you press X and someone else presses X your opponent attacks you and vice versa with the Y button. If you press X and your opponent presses Y then you have the upper hand. Back and forth that's the fighting of this game. You can charge up and use your super attacks after beating up your opponent. The Story is entertaining but more battles and characters could have been used. Hero mode is unique and a first in a DBZ game. You start out weak but you can improve after each story battle. Beware though that giant boss battles take time to get used to. Online works, but finding people is a little hard. What do I think? I think this has one of the best graphics for a DBZ game, the combat is pretty weak. But it'll keep you on the edge of your seat. Expand
  5. Dec 30, 2016
    eu estava muito empolgado com o Ultima Tenkaichi, mais me decepcionei demais com o jogo, obvio que tem pontos positivos, como por exemplo a qualidade da animaçao, principalmente nas cutscenes, tem bastante personagens, muitos mapas, boa trilha sonora, e nao apenas segue o anime, como tambem tem partes de alguns filmes, oque é muito legal, mais o jogo é muito repetitivo, é sempre o mesmoeu estava muito empolgado com o Ultima Tenkaichi, mais me decepcionei demais com o jogo, obvio que tem pontos positivos, como por exemplo a qualidade da animaçao, principalmente nas cutscenes, tem bastante personagens, muitos mapas, boa trilha sonora, e nao apenas segue o anime, como tambem tem partes de alguns filmes, oque é muito legal, mais o jogo é muito repetitivo, é sempre o mesmo estilo na hora de bater, ele bate joga o cara para um lado depois para o outro, e vai assim ate voce vencer ele, e isso é um saco, mesmo eu gostando do enredo, ta ficando chato todo jogo do Dragon Ball seguir a mesma historia, ta na hora de mudar isso (oque felizmente o Xenoverse fez), Ultimate Tenkaichi nao é ruim, mais é muito repetitivo e nao inova em nada. Nota 5.0 Expand
  6. Apr 9, 2012
    Seriously, is this really a fighting game?! It is nothing more than a game of repetitive rock paper scissors. Trust me, after 1 hour of gameplay, you will realize that you are doing the same thing over and over again, albeit with different characters. But then again, there's not much difference between using different characters, since everything in this game is more or less fixed; whetherSeriously, is this really a fighting game?! It is nothing more than a game of repetitive rock paper scissors. Trust me, after 1 hour of gameplay, you will realize that you are doing the same thing over and over again, albeit with different characters. But then again, there's not much difference between using different characters, since everything in this game is more or less fixed; whether you are Saibamen or Gogeta, whether you are shooting Kamehameha or just a simple energy beam, the whole gameplay is circumscribed into a game of coin flipping, rock paper scissors style game of probability. Which in turn, makes the game incredibly stale, boring and repetitive. You press a few buttons, the game freezes, and takes you into preset cutscenes of combo attacks(all the same), conveniently taking out the manual button mashing style of combo attacks which was what fighting games are supposed to be about. Boss battles are more irritating than rewarding, some are so difficult that when you beat it you feel more relieved than satisfied and rewarded because you finally got through that horrible ordeal. Quick time events are poorly implemented(in normal battles as well as the boss battles), and feel like they are there just to restrict your every movement. You cannot even fire a Ki Blast at will, because of the introduction of the lackluster melee and range modes. The amount of freedom given to the player in this game is near to 0. Between the original Tenkaichi series and the RB series and this, I would say the fighting mechanics are given constant downgrades rather than upgrades. With this game, it is a HUGE and MAJOR downgrade. Plus its limited character(you can't even play as Goten) roster, coupled with this really horrible gameplay, this game isn't even worth $6, much less $60. You might think the character creation may be its saving grace, but it is so limited in customization that it might as well have none. The only thing commendable about this game is its graphics-which I have to admit is pretty decent. But then again, what is the use of pretty visuals when the gameplay is absolute crap. And story obviously does not save this game because the DBZ story is well... as we know of it. And the game does not even tell it in a refreshing way, or at least introduce interesting "what-if" scenarios, merely replacing it with its meager character creation. In overall, the game is a dismal DBZ game, one of the worst I've played(yes, I am a DBZ fan, all the more reason I cannot tolerate badly made DBZ games), which tries to cover up for its abundance of flaws with visual aesthetics. Conclusion: This game is NOT even worth a rent. Heck, 0/10 is already being lenient. It is so bad that even a long time fan of DBZ like me is so pissed at it that I sold it within 4 days. Buy/rent it at your own risk, and I have to warn you that it is very likely you would find much more joy in playing Raging Blast or its sequel than this game. An utter disgrace to the Tenkaichi series(not even worthy of having Tenkaichi in its name, it shares absolutely NO gameplay mechanics with the BT series), and a definite waste of your time and hard-earned cash should you buy it. My advice- save that $60, this thing should be the last thing on your list that you should spend it on. Collapse

1. Jan 26, 2012
    Ultimate Tenkaichi may be the best looking DBZ game to hit our shores, it doesn't have the gameplay to back it up.
    Comes closer to perfecting the style of the Dragon Ball Z universe than any previous game, but the combat system is too simplistic to offer any real depth, and so we can only recommend Ultimate Tenkaichi to the most hardcore fans of the franchise.
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 19, 2012
    The story in the new Dragon Ball game is chopped up and very chaotic so you will get lost if you don't know the TV series very well. Fights get boring after a while and the load times are annoying. It was fun to play but as a fan of the original anime I was lenient to some degree. [February 2012, p.58]