5.9

1. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is decent at best but me being a huge dragon ball z fan I like it. The graphics are great and hero mode was awesome but the game play isn't that good. It gets kinda boring after awhile because it feels like you're doing the same thing every fight and the characters all feel the same. And I thought there was going to be more characters but there isn't that many.
  2. Feb 1, 2012
    After playing both Story, Hero Mode, and online. This game is almost like flipping a coin. If you press X and someone else presses X your opponent attacks you and vice versa with the Y button. If you press X and your opponent presses Y then you have the upper hand. Back and forth that's the fighting of this game. You can charge up and use your super attacks after beating up your opponent.After playing both Story, Hero Mode, and online. This game is almost like flipping a coin. If you press X and someone else presses X your opponent attacks you and vice versa with the Y button. If you press X and your opponent presses Y then you have the upper hand. Back and forth that's the fighting of this game. You can charge up and use your super attacks after beating up your opponent. The Story is entertaining but more battles and characters could have been used. Hero mode is unique and a first in a DBZ game. You start out weak but you can improve after each story battle. Beware though that giant boss battles take time to get used to. Online works, but finding people is a little hard. What do I think? I think this has one of the best graphics for a DBZ game, the combat is pretty weak. But it'll keep you on the edge of your seat. Expand
  3. Dec 12, 2011
    Not as good as i thought. I bought it the first day it had a 7.5 from game informer which is the score budokai 3 got so i thought it was going to be as good. I liked budokai 3 but not this game. It was a 75 out of 100 hundred on the first day. Decent graphics for dbz alright sound. Awful fighting!
  4. Dec 15, 2012
    The battles are annoying, when you are about to win and the characters have less than 15k HP, they use their specials and kill you, which is not a good idea because your character has less than 30k HP in the beginning of the hero mod. That's not the only problem, another problem is that this game doesn't have replay value.

1. Jan 26, 2012
    Ultimate Tenkaichi may be the best looking DBZ game to hit our shores, it doesn't have the gameplay to back it up.
    Comes closer to perfecting the style of the Dragon Ball Z universe than any previous game, but the combat system is too simplistic to offer any real depth, and so we can only recommend Ultimate Tenkaichi to the most hardcore fans of the franchise.
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    The story in the new Dragon Ball game is chopped up and very chaotic so you will get lost if you don't know the TV series very well. Fights get boring after a while and the load times are annoying. It was fun to play but as a fan of the original anime I was lenient to some degree. [February 2012, p.58]