Dungeon Siege III Xbox 360

5.9

1. Sep 10, 2013
    A decent Diablo wannabe that has all the innovation, style and presentation of Diablo, but, lacks depth and range.

For the most part it looks absolutely stunning visuals are nice and gameplay is more or less what you expect from a dungeon hack-n-slasher. Where this game fails is that it feels empty. Like a big beautiful mansion with almost no furniture in it. There is some character development with the main characters, but the utter lack of a real plot leaves them hanging.

Overall:
    Dungeon Siege 3 feels like a "bare-bones" Diablo clone. To many design styles and a poorly developed world that can't keep up. You can clearly see that this was an ambitious undertaking, just somewhere along the way they seemed to give up and rushed it out. Dungeon Siege 3 isn't bad, it is actually quite fun for the most part, if anything the best way to describe this game is that it was disappointing. Disappointing in the sense that it could have been much, much more than it is. A real shame. It had the potential to be the next Diablo.
  2. Dec 31, 2011
    Maybe other reviews so far have given you the impression that this game is not worth your time and money, and that's just not the case here. It's a good dungeon crawler with good gameplay and excellent but limited customization. The dungeons are fun to explore and the boss fights are great (except for the last boss fight), the only bad thing about the dungeons is that they are way tooMaybe other reviews so far have given you the impression that this game is not worth your time and money, and that's just not the case here. It's a good dungeon crawler with good gameplay and excellent but limited customization. The dungeons are fun to explore and the boss fights are great (except for the last boss fight), the only bad thing about the dungeons is that they are way too linear especially for a dungeon crawler. The story is also good though there was a point where I wanted to know more about it and I felt it didn't evolve enough. Overall I enjoyed this game despite some problems however, this is not a game for everyone and I recommend waiting until the price lowers to 30$ or less. Expand
  3. Jan 4, 2014
    Smack bang in the middle of what you can expect from a dungeon crawl loot game. Characters feel limited with what they can do and combat is very simple and repetitive. Story is ok as are the graphics, the soundtrack is lovely and the loot is cool. I felt that my characters image did not particularly change either which meant there was no sense of them becoming more badass as they leveledSmack bang in the middle of what you can expect from a dungeon crawl loot game. Characters feel limited with what they can do and combat is very simple and repetitive. Story is ok as are the graphics, the soundtrack is lovely and the loot is cool. I felt that my characters image did not particularly change either which meant there was no sense of them becoming more badass as they leveled up. Levels very linear and companion AI is at times quite frustrating. In saying this it was fun relatively short and pretty easy so if you do like this style of game and are looking something to play consider it. Expand
  4. Jun 11, 2012
    ah i really really want to like this game but somehow i know that its not good at all...
    i was enjoying the combat but the skills sucks ...i am a warrior and i have a skill to heal my self and i can block almost every attack and reflect the damage so i can kill a lot of ppl when i am blocking and without ever take 1 damage .. but when u get bored with that and u want to fight and not just stand there and watch them die while you block them u are just gonna lose almost all ur health from bosses very very easy... (3-4attacks) and u cant stop and block or evade attacks when u are attacking ...u must finish ur move and then do whatever u want to do ... sometimes this is very annoyig because u will find ur self to just avoid the battle and just block till the boss battle is over .... and this is making the game sucks!
    but the game is more good when u are playing with ur friend the graphics in most of the game is awful for a game 2011( its like i am playing in ps2)!!! only in some areas i like them... in (in legions path and in the road for stonebrige and when u are talking with someone...)
    the skills was awful magicians wasnt having anything special warriors was doing stupid attacks there was nothing special ...
    the combat was likeable the story was good
    and there was a lot of loot so that was good too
    but after all i was forcing my self to play it to like it ... this was an average game !
    i am not saying that this was bad game i am sorry if i sound like that but i was waiting for something more ...
  5. May 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Initially when I played Dungeon Siege 3 I thought it was awful. The story, combat and characters were on the cusp of being comically boring. I did however proceed to play the game and a few hours in I noticed some unique ideas (like the First People) and story passages to warm my interest. As I played more and got to Stonebridge and the plot introduced Goblins and Mechanical beings I felt pulled back out of the world I was beginning to like. The rest of the world seemed serious and war like and this little town was just a slap in the face to the atmosphere which had slowly been reeling me in. I did proceed to finish the game however, and although it takes a while to win you over and has a few weird bits that seem out of place, overall the experience for me was positive, especially once my character got some good gear and levelled up sufficiently to get some good passive combat traits.
    If you are an RPG whore like myself this reminded me most of maybe Arcana 4 on the 360 mixed with Torchlight's loot mechanics. I would recommend trying the demo, but as the early passages are a little slow you don't get a good picture of the game as it does get a lot better as it goes along.
  6. Aug 24, 2011
    First, this is not a role-playing game. Its A Diablo clone loot collection game with few role playing elements. Second the game is SHORT. I completed it in 11 hours; in which time I completed EVERY quest. The only redeeming quality comes from the multiplayer option. You can play with up to four friends at once. I felt like the few choices I made had very little impact on the gameFirst, this is not a role-playing game. Its A Diablo clone loot collection game with few role playing elements. Second the game is SHORT. I completed it in 11 hours; in which time I completed EVERY quest. The only redeeming quality comes from the multiplayer option. You can play with up to four friends at once. I felt like the few choices I made had very little impact on the game during gameplay. My actions only influenced the short story book ending. Rent this game befor you purchase!!! Expand
  7. Jun 28, 2011
    Mediocre. The gameplay is little more than button-mashing, removing any semblance of the tactics that were integral to previous games of the series. This isn't terrible (except in situations where a party member dies due to an AI glitch), but it makes for an extremely repetitive game. Overall, the plot was a letdown, only occasionally taking a break from being nonsensical or boring. Only aMediocre. The gameplay is little more than button-mashing, removing any semblance of the tactics that were integral to previous games of the series. This isn't terrible (except in situations where a party member dies due to an AI glitch), but it makes for an extremely repetitive game. Overall, the plot was a letdown, only occasionally taking a break from being nonsensical or boring. Only a few scenes are particularly memorable. Character development is almost nonexistent, as is verbal interaction between party members. Graphics are decent, but not exceptional. Enemy variety is somewhat lacking (painfully obvious when assaulted by a group of bandit quintuplets with identical weapons and clothing). A locked isometric perspective may have been acceptable in older games, but here, it induces claustrophobia and hampers any sense of depth or scale. Looking upwards, or even level to the ground, is impossible. Sky is visible exactly twice during the entire game, and only during in-game cutscenes. Voice acting is very hit-and-miss, and extremely poor for a couple of key characters (one of whom talks quite a bit). This can be an enjoyable game, at times, but it's definitely not worth its current asking price. Expand
  8. Jun 21, 2011
    If you are out of co-op games to play then Dungeon Siege 3 is worth your cash. This game is not bad. But it does not do anything very well either. It is a solid game with no major flaws, but there are no "oh **** this rocks" moments. If you are looking for a new Dark alliance 2 it's not quite as good, but it's not too far away either.
  9. Jul 19, 2011
    Melhor visualizado em: http://www.criticalplayer.com.br/2011/07/review-dungeon-siege-3.html

Dungeon Siege 3 foi lanÃ
  10. Jun 26, 2011
    This game is in no way a "bad" game. It might be watered down compared to the older Dungeon Siege games but compared to them it is still a blast to play. Also if I may add, why is it that the people hating on games on metacritic (most of the time) spell with no effort in correcting their errors? "it's guns and riffles all da way. That's suxx" as said by DrunkenSamurai. But that aside theThis game is in no way a "bad" game. It might be watered down compared to the older Dungeon Siege games but compared to them it is still a blast to play. Also if I may add, why is it that the people hating on games on metacritic (most of the time) spell with no effort in correcting their errors? "it's guns and riffles all da way. That's suxx" as said by DrunkenSamurai. But that aside the game is not perfect but is an excellent game with a mediocre storyline that takes place several years after the events of the second game. The game starts off kind of abruptly pitting you against enemies a few minutes into the game. What IS lacking is the customization, for example I would not be able to use a gun unless I play as the character with the guns. I would highly recommend this game to the "new" Dungeon Siege fans but the hardcore may find that the game is too simple for their likings. I would also recommend Sacred 2 for anyone who likes a good loot hunter/dungeon crawler. Expand
  11. Jul 24, 2011
    This game is good for filling up a really boring summer afternoon but that is about it. The game isn't bad its just uninspired. It is bland in pretty much every way a game can be bland. The story is predictable with no plot twists or late game revelations. There are tons of loot and most of it you will never use. The talent tree look fairly deep till you start playing and then realizeThis game is good for filling up a really boring summer afternoon but that is about it. The game isn't bad its just uninspired. It is bland in pretty much every way a game can be bland. The story is predictable with no plot twists or late game revelations. There are tons of loot and most of it you will never use. The talent tree look fairly deep till you start playing and then realize you are going to be spamming two or three buttons for pretty much the entire game. Monster skins are repetitive. Boss fights are pretty much the same from low level to high. They just give you less room to maneuver and a few more of the same types of mobs to wade through. Boss fights are the traditional three phase bored fights from every low budget RPG or button masher you have every played. This game is a rental or buy used. Expand
  12. Apr 1, 2013
    Such a let down after playing, and loving, the first two dungeon siege titles. Knew that it wasn't going to be anything close going in, but was still just shaking my head seeing the same enemy models over and over and no feeling of reward by leveling because the skill system isn't all that great, nor is the story. The game is playable, even if repetitive. But there are better games of theSuch a let down after playing, and loving, the first two dungeon siege titles. Knew that it wasn't going to be anything close going in, but was still just shaking my head seeing the same enemy models over and over and no feeling of reward by leveling because the skill system isn't all that great, nor is the story. The game is playable, even if repetitive. But there are better games of the same genre out there. Expand
  13. Mar 6, 2013
    Pros: Fun gameplay, good single-player mode, LOOT!, easy inventory/equipment system, copious save-points, non-irritating soundtrack, easy to pick up/put down, mild replayability with 4 character classes.
    - Cons: Needlessly complex skill tree, aggravating camera, linear story line, bad voice acting, insufficient side quests.
    - Bottom Line: Fun, light RPGish dungeoncrawler for
    - Bottom Line: Fun, light RPGish dungeoncrawler for mid-skill players. I enjoyed it.
  14. Jun 22, 2011
    Nice enjoyable game, not too complicated, easy to get into control-wise. Could leave you wanting a deeper skill system and more sidequests etc but alot of games in this genre does. The conversation system typical to earlier Obsidian and Bioware games seems a little forced and unnessecary, but otherwise the story is quite engaging and not so bland and black and white.

I still haven't tried

I still haven't tried playing the co-op but thats definitly one of the reasons I got this one, but even the AI is doing a great job of holding their own and playing their parts.
  15. Jul 23, 2011
    I enjoyed my time with the game. I love most RPGâ
  16. Jun 21, 2011
    So far the game is pretty good. the loot system could be a little better (different looks for helmets, armor, etc). The skills tree seems simplified but works well for he console. Fighting is fun but sometimes frustrating, but not so much that it becomes un-fun. Co-op is a bit clunky, online and local. This game is best played single player.

This game doesn't really break new ground,

This game doesn't really break new ground, but it's a great dungeon crawler. If you were into Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance or Champions of Norath, you'll dig this game. If you are not a fan of this type of game you will hate it for sure.

The particle effects in the game are great, and the engine is pretty nice looking. The camera can be a real pain in the butt at points but for the most part I find that if you click the right stick and make the camera come in close you can see more of the beautiful world.

This game is no Elder Scrolls, but it's well worth a playthrough.

1. Sep 14, 2011
    It doesn't push the envelope aside from experimenting with gameplay but if you like this type of game you'll probably enjoy yourself as long as you speed through the story.
  2. Sep 14, 2011
    The story may not be the greatest, but the gameplay is solid and for that alone you should check it out.
    A fun game in places, but after one run through of the game you will not really have the urge to go back for more. This will certainly help you pass a few hours but beyond that it is hard to see it as little more than filler for bigger and better things.