8.0

1. Jan 6, 2013
    The game looks pretty. It looks dang good. But it plays like a crazy combo, flying all over the place beat em up. The level designs are great. I really don't have anything bad to say about this game. But, why do I have to be a blue ninja bunny rabbit with a talking squirrel fox thing? Voice acting is below average until that flying rat talks. Whoever did her voice acting needs to realizeThe game looks pretty. It looks dang good. But it plays like a crazy combo, flying all over the place beat em up. The level designs are great. I really don't have anything bad to say about this game. But, why do I have to be a blue ninja bunny rabbit with a talking squirrel fox thing? Voice acting is below average until that flying rat talks. Whoever did her voice acting needs to realize her voice alone is what ruins the game! It's horrid. My skin crawls just thinking about it. I'm glad i just downloaded the trial. And yep I took points off because of that stupid voice. Why do I have to fly and dash all over the screen? It's a side scrolling action game. This isn't street fighter! I could give this a 1 out of 10 but I'm trying to be fair. Sometimes the smallest of things can add up and ruin a great game. Expand
  2. Jan 12, 2013
    Dust is a fun game but it kind of shows you all it's gonna show you pretty early one. It's a game that, despite it's short length, just kind of drags towards the end, with the last area especially not being too much fun at ll.

The combat, while simple, is alot of fun. Very early on you'll pretty much have all the combat movies you'll get but fortunately for the game blasting people with magic and then endlessly juggling them never gets old. While you have very few option in combat, all those option are pretty fun. Outside of the combat the gameplay is okay. It gives you a big world to explore but exploring it isn't always fun.

The game looks gorgeous and it's impressive it was done by one guy though it is odd that the character look way worse in portrait than they do int game. The music is fine but unremarkable. The voice acting fairs a little worse but it's still passable. The story is absolutely atrocious. It starts in cliche and gets much worse from there. The ending is stunningly bad. Still, it's a pretty fun time overall. It didn't fully hold my interest the entire time but I don't regret playing it. Try the demo, know that you don't really get many more moves than you have there, and if you still want to buy it, do so.
  3. Feb 13, 2013
    Dust: An Elysian Tail is about some fox samurai/ninja dude who is resurrected and goes on some quest or other that involves killing a lot of monsters. The positive: I really liked the game. The controls are good and the (in-game) graphics are outstanding, to think that one person did all of this is mind boggling. One of my favorite Wii games is Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and this gameDust: An Elysian Tail is about some fox samurai/ninja dude who is resurrected and goes on some quest or other that involves killing a lot of monsters. The positive: I really liked the game. The controls are good and the (in-game) graphics are outstanding, to think that one person did all of this is mind boggling. One of my favorite Wii games is Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and this game reminds a lot about that one. With the main difference being that this is a metroidvania-style game whereas Muramasa is more about swordplay and combat moves with a tiny bit of RPG thrown in for good measure. The less good things: The story is beyond horrific and thank heavens you can just skip 99 percent of it which was what I did. The character models look awful in the dialogue scenes, and the voice acting leaves very much to be desired. In my opinion, if the characters were humans instead of grown-up gumbi bears, I would've liked the game even more. Worst of all is your companion Fidget which is more annoying than words can describe and voiced as a stereotypical gamer grrrrrrl. Expand
  4. May 16, 2014
    Dust is a very well constucted, beautifully painted game that paces it's challenges and upgrades very well. The story is excellent and the inventory system works fairly well, though there are aspects that are a little clunky. Some of the side quests involve collection missions which are boring, and the arenas detract from the rather serious tone the story is trying to set.
    The audio is
    The audio is terrific and is usually a sore point that I have with 2d sidescrollers, but this one was pleasant without being intrusive.
    The only other issue I have with the game is the repetitive combat when you re-enter areas you have passed through before. I realize that this is the way these types of games are done, but this is a great way to dilute the combat and make it less enjoyable.
    All negatives aside, the story and artwork are worth a play alone, and the upgrades and items keep it interesting.

A single play-through game that you will enjoy while your there, but ultimately not a segment breaker.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Surprising hit you better try first in demo – you'll either love it or hate it. Those who try it may find Dust as a combination of Metroid and Castlevania games. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 27, 2012
    Boasting gorgeous visuals and flawless animation, Dust: An Elysian Tail offers up an interesting take on a hero's journey to discover his true identity. With solid hack'n'slash mechanics to boot this is a great addition to your games library.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    Dust: An Elysian Tail is probably one of the best XBLA titles this year. Stunning hand-drawn graphics combined with razor-sharp gameplay ensure, that this title is definitely worth a look. [Sept 2012]