8.0

1. Mar 30, 2011
    I was amazed with how the story mode has changed, compared to previous Dynasty Warrior games. There is much more to it then before and the telling of these tales are given much more life and vibrancy then ever before. The voices of the characters are still a little weird, but aren't quite as awkward as before.

But besides this, the small changes to game play (like the weapon switching)

But besides this, the small changes to game play (like the weapon switching) doesn't really change the fact that this is still a Dynasty Warrior game. Hacking hundreds of mindless soldiers is still the name of the game. Also while the graphics have been improved, there is still some slow downs, especially when the battles become frantic and there are a lot of enemies present on screen.

Overall, there are a number of good changes made to this seventh entry in the series that does help advance this series more often then not. But overall it still mostly remains to be the same game we've all played many times before.
  2. May 27, 2011
    If you have never played a Dynasty Warriors (Samurai/Gundam Warriors) game, then this game would be an 8 as an enjoyable beat em 'up. If you have played one of those, save your money and play some more of it. Trust me, you won't notice a difference in any way that matters. This score is a knock on the lack of innovation and constant churning out of the same game year after year moreIf you have never played a Dynasty Warriors (Samurai/Gundam Warriors) game, then this game would be an 8 as an enjoyable beat em 'up. If you have played one of those, save your money and play some more of it. Trust me, you won't notice a difference in any way that matters. This score is a knock on the lack of innovation and constant churning out of the same game year after year more than the quality of a stand alone piece. Bottom line...its not standing alone. Expand
  3. Jul 9, 2013
    Personally I have no problem with the franchise since I'm a Chinese and I love the romance of three kingdoms since I was a child and I would like more western people to embrace the goodness of the series( it's like Game of throne Chinese version with no nudities). Dynasty warriors 7 did offer that without the doubt, the massive character roster and the Ex abilities made the game a lot morePersonally I have no problem with the franchise since I'm a Chinese and I love the romance of three kingdoms since I was a child and I would like more western people to embrace the goodness of the series( it's like Game of throne Chinese version with no nudities). Dynasty warriors 7 did offer that without the doubt, the massive character roster and the Ex abilities made the game a lot more fun to play and did made each characters unique, this game certainly made its amend to the last dynasty warrior (the one removed combo attack). HOWEVER the Xbox 360 version just have so many problems than the others platforms. First off all, I don't understand why you can't adjust the brightness of the game, I have tried everything on my TV to make the game brightest as possible but still I have to suffer most of the game in complete darkness( I wish I can upload a picture of this, seriously you can't see ANYTHING there are frame rate issues with the Xbox version sometimes you can't chain your combos properly in a huge fight and I understand Xbox is not PC you can't expect a 7 year old hardware to run perfectly I just wish they would polish it better. The texture of the most place is just ugly and looked 720p ish just rescaled from it probably, this game was released in 2011 for god sake). My last problem with the game is how they changed my favourite character's weapon for no apparent reason. Guan Yu(关羽)'s Moon Blade and Zhao Yun (赵云)'s Dragon spear is not in this version which was replaced by spike and normal spear, and I'm talking about a whole 2 sections of the weapons just removed from the game which made me infuriating because I know these 2 sections are in the both ps3 versions (legend edition and the regular) and the pc version. And they are not in the weapon dlc neither so I can't even pay to get the stuff supposedly in the game. In the end dynasty warrior 7 did made its amend to the previous game but the xbox version just not worth your time, money and effort unless you are willing to forgive its ugly textures and frame rate issues. If you are like me who just love the franchise and lore behind it, I urge you to play this game on the ps3 version( get the legend edition with extra characters+ all the weapons and legend mode) or the pc version(really good port) Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jun 23, 2011
    Dynasty Warriors 7 are quite an average piece of hack'n'slash genre. The concept of the game itself is not bad but the developers buried all the fun in an extréme stereotype. [June 2011]
  2. May 30, 2011
    This new chapter in the Dynasty Warriors saga introduces some interesting changes on gameplay. The new story mode is fascinating, and the introduction of the 2 weapons really interesting. The gameplay and the graphics are similar to the previous chapter, so the fans will like it, while the others find the game repetitive and boring.
  3. May 25, 2011
    You know it's not a masterpiece, but you're after a bit of escapist fun - nothing less, but nothing more.