6.4

1. TobyO.
    Sep 21, 2007
    I've played basically every Dynasty Warriors game, and this one's not a bad one. The mechs are something new, and the space battles are novel (while still flat-plane). The area-securing gameplay works well, too. It's a good option when you need a quick melee fix -- after all, DW games are the new(-ish?) Double Dragon. Don't expect much (it's repetitive, I've played basically every Dynasty Warriors game, and this one's not a bad one. The mechs are something new, and the space battles are novel (while still flat-plane). The area-securing gameplay works well, too. It's a good option when you need a quick melee fix -- after all, DW games are the new(-ish?) Double Dragon. Don't expect much (it's repetitive, doesn't look that great, and is uber-simplistic), and you'll have some fun for a weekend or so. Expand
  2. Crash
    May 18, 2009
    I believe the low ranks on this game are for people who have played every dynasty warriors out there and were expecting something more or had never played it and expected something more. If your expecting hack and slash mecha fun, this is the game for you. No real stress, great for coming home and causing havoc after a long day, and like any good mindless game, time can slip away. A mustI believe the low ranks on this game are for people who have played every dynasty warriors out there and were expecting something more or had never played it and expected something more. If your expecting hack and slash mecha fun, this is the game for you. No real stress, great for coming home and causing havoc after a long day, and like any good mindless game, time can slip away. A must have for gundam fans in my mind and I've been one for years, especially if you can find in a bargin bin or used. Expand
  3. TomE.
    Nov 23, 2007
    As a Gundam fan I was impressed by the breadth of mobile suits represented. I have only the 100,000 units achievement left to get to 1000. I have played with my 5 year old son and it was a great introduction to Gundam for him. Yes it is a bit repetitive but all in all it is enjoyable.
  4. Noir
    Sep 17, 2007
    Excellent graphics make it seem like you're part of an anime series. Fans of DW won't be disappointed.

1. Hardcore Gamer
    This is the definition of a niche title. Fans of either series are going to dig it...other gamers, maybe not so much. It's fun for a little while, but not really that great. [Vol 3, Issue 2, p.66]
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Well, for what it's worth, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam wins the distinction of being the first game that made me fall asleep while playing it. [Sept 2007, p.92]
  3. Official Xbox Magazine
    Aside from replacing ancient Chinese warlords with robots from the all-pervasive classic anime series' mythology, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam changes as little as possible. [Oct 2007, p.81]