Earth Defense Force 2017 Xbox 360

7.7

1. EstherN.
    Apr 10, 2007
    It's a 7.5. Intentionally stupid, and a blast. Never takes itself seriously, just provides easy, aimless shooter fun. I'm happier with this that I am with one or two more earnest games I've bought of late.
  2. DarrenD.
    Oct 1, 2007
    A good game for a while and then the difficulty makes the game drag on longer than it should. A bit like bullet witch in the fact you have to play through all difficulties to get all the achievements and becomes boring.
  3. Aug 4, 2013
    I'll admit, I wasn't expecting much from this game. But after playing it, it's mindless, but in a good way. Shooting dozens of giant ants, spiders, robots, etc. with all manner of machineguns and rocket launchers has been pretty fun, with added replayability in the form of unlockable weapons and health upgrades. Of course, the budget-look shows in repetitive environments and characterI'll admit, I wasn't expecting much from this game. But after playing it, it's mindless, but in a good way. Shooting dozens of giant ants, spiders, robots, etc. with all manner of machineguns and rocket launchers has been pretty fun, with added replayability in the form of unlockable weapons and health upgrades. Of course, the budget-look shows in repetitive environments and character models and bland visuals. Vehicles aren't much useful either, not providing much in protection or firepower. You might as well fight on foot. At the end of the day, it's just mindless shooting fun... and that alone is good enough for me. Expand
  4. WyattG.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Only a small number of retailers carried this game in Australia, but I thought it looked fun and the co-op play appealed as I have 2 sons and it is a lot more fun playing with someone else. I have played the game through in full and on the whole I enjoed it. The best part of the game is the huge range of weapons you have to choose from (and there must be hundreds of them, although you Only a small number of retailers carried this game in Australia, but I thought it looked fun and the co-op play appealed as I have 2 sons and it is a lot more fun playing with someone else. I have played the game through in full and on the whole I enjoed it. The best part of the game is the huge range of weapons you have to choose from (and there must be hundreds of them, although you will end up only using a fraction to get through the missions) and the huge number of bugs and robots you get to eliminate. Also the ability to blow up complete buildings with 1 rocket never gets boring ! There are 53 missions in total, some are short (less than a minute) whilst other will take longer. The missions are fairly varied in their locations although the aim is the same...blow the crap out of anything that moves (including your team mates if you want to !). There are 5 difficulty settings, with the harder ones being really challenging. The only reason to play the game more than once is to unlock new weapons that are available only on the harder levels and new achievements. Having said this, the pick-up and play factor of this game is fun and if you have some friends around it is a good game to play in co-op and swap the controllers around after each mission. The graphics are last-gen and the voice acting is so woeful that you will laugh. Apart from the story you can also play 1 on 1 multiplayer which is good for a bit, but you can't help but wonder why their is no online multiplayer as the game appears to be tailormade for it, and without it the lasting appeal of this game is not what it could have been. Expand
  5. max
    Oct 11, 2009
    There is something about this game that is just so much fun, even though you realize it is very repitive and boring. If you were to hear the story behind this game, you would just laugh, because there is none. However, this is a action- packed game with over 100 awesome weapons that are sure to make a huge explosion. You will fight giant ants, spider, and robots.(don't ask) Almost There is something about this game that is just so much fun, even though you realize it is very repitive and boring. If you were to hear the story behind this game, you would just laugh, because there is none. However, this is a action- packed game with over 100 awesome weapons that are sure to make a huge explosion. You will fight giant ants, spider, and robots.(don't ask) Almost all of the enemys are very dumb, and are no threat to you unless you are playing on a higher difficulty level. The enviorments you play in are fully destructable, buildings including and you can easily spend 10 minutes just wiping out buildings. There are 53 levels in the game, but most of them are extremly short. Throughout some of the levels, you can use veichles to fight the hordes of ants. However, these viechles have horrible controls and deliver no satisfaction. I would only buy this game it were 10 dollars and I would recommend it for a rental, since the game has no replay value. Expand
  6. Aug 25, 2014
    Don't expect high production values. Graphics, sounds, physics, voice acting, all terrible.

This game proves that despite having a low budget, a game can be really, really fun. This game just hands you a ridiculous assortment of weapons and some enemies and a destructible environment and tells you to have fun. And by assortment, I don't mean a Call of Duty "there's a 100 guns but the

And by assortment, I don't mean a Call of Duty "there's a 100 guns but the only difference is their rate of fire and damage" assortment. Some guns have bullets that bounce off the walls, some shoot through targets, some a bunch of bullets at once. Some rocket launchers shoot a one projectile that splits into a million others and bombard an area. Others just shoot one, slow ass missile that packs a ridiculous punch.

The most important part is that this game is SPLITSCREEN. There are not enough of these types of games. If you're looking for some casual couch action this game is a lot of fun.

It's a unique, well-realized action game that's like nothing else on the 360. If "EDF2" didn't exist, we'd like it even more.
  2. A corny, geeky dream come true that's destined to be an underground classic.
    It doesn't hold a candle to some of the more technically savvy games on Xbox 360 and that may be more than ample reason to give this one a pass depending upon your tastes. For good mindless shooting, this game delivers.