7.6

1. Sep 23, 2010
    When i first fired up the game, i did not knew what to expect, as i know codemasters from their superb rally games, where dirt 2 is being my favorite one, and in the old day's i remember some toy cars in and around the house, where i first saw it on the sega megadrive. so far, i only played codemasters games that could do drifts. so how's formula 1's grip driving going to work ? after a 2 hours ride in one row, i can safely say they did it. just wonderfull. and for the novice players who also like to be in a formula 1 season, rejoyce, as codemasters have put in a lot of options that can be turned on, off, or somewhat in the middle. like auto braking, a row of arrows showing the proper racing line, and turns to red if you enter the corner to fast. also a option for a less nervous car in the shape of stabillity controll, and the computer AI can be adjusted.

so, everything's in there, from the options, to the proper feeling of the drive, but is this game trying to be different ? well, for me, yes. i never have played a formula 1 racer where you get interviewed if you placed 3'rd or better, and you have a lovely girl in your trailer doing all the office stuff, like sweettalking other teams if you want to race for the bigger players on the grid. you will recognize the menue structure, witch, like in DiRT 2, keeps you in the formula 1 mood, as there's people outside your trailer talking, taking notes, and there's the few members of the press that sometimes calls you out for a small interview. those interviews must not be taken lightly, as what you say to them will have a effect on the team. so trashtalking about your co driver won't be tolerated.

ok, lets talk numbers: 19 tracks, the full racing grid, tons of options, and the feeling of being there. lets do the proper review:

graphics: 9.0: considering the huge amount of F1 cars on the track, the trackside is still very detailed, and even the early tracks youll race looks just like a replica of the real track. with grass sticking out instead of being a texture, and even buildings far away are in proper 3D, with details like balkony's and airconditioning. there's only one thing missing, and that's the publick, they are there, but i expected some flash photography, and maybe some confetti, but that's jsut a minor gripe. with a more than solid framerate, this complets the picture. properly done, and no real faults.

sound: 8.5: not all the car's sounds differently, but play this trough a stereo instead of the speakers from a lcd/plasma/led tv, and youll be more than just content. in some cases you feel like being there. sure, not everything is just as swift as the graphics are, like when a car passes you, the engine note does not always swell up properly, but in the heat of the batle, who cares? to bad the music only plays when youre in the menue, as the race only has the surrounding noice, and engine notes. but that may be what the programmers liked the most, as a proper F1 car does not have a stereo.

gameplay: 9.5: with so many options, there's bound to be a way the game feels like you want it to. exept when you want to drift, but then you've got the wrong game. this game feels fast, has wickedly responsive controlls, and just somehow they managed to get the racing feeling transferred to both the MS steering wheel as well as the normal game pad. just love it. hope they will make a sequel.

lastabillity: 9.5: for me, this last longer than the 2010 racing season. with 19 tracks (with variable weather), all the F1 cars, online play, and lots of game modes (time trial, single race, single season, and the big game mode), this game will last me a very long time. i don't mind driving 7 seasons, like i indeed just started.

totall score: 9.5: i don't dare give it a 10, as if codemasters will create a sequel, and use the knowledge of what they did with this game, and what input they might get from players, i guess the sequell may get a little bit better. so that's why i went for 9.5. i'm a racing nut tough, so not everyone will agree. it's a matter of taste. if you love F1, you love this. this ranks from sim racer to sim race teacher (i'm glad there's only auto brake, not auto stearing, as then there would be no reason to really participate :-P). i'm more than impressed with the final product. it took a long time to make, but the end result is done exelent. two thumbs up for codemasters.
  2. Sep 22, 2010
    This is a brilliant game, Codemasters have done this justice. If I did have one gripe with the game it would be nice to see some in game commentary from the BBC team, but other than that...the game play, layout, graphics are all fantastic. Cant wait to finish work today to get back into it
  3. Sep 26, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Il miglior gioco di F1 esistente sulle console di nuova generazione.Immediato, immersivo,appagante.Il motore grafico è eccezionale e i circuiti disegnati alla perfezione ( vedi MonteCarlo ).
    I comandi risultano essere ben calibrati sia con il joypad che con il volante.
  4. Sep 25, 2010
    Great game - without doubt. It's very, VERY fast so when you are driving you must be in 100% in the game. Driving feels realistic (if you can think how's driving feels travelling 350 km/h in a car). Look & feel in the game - great - it looks like good old game from Codemasters. My score 9 because of three things - why the hell when you're going to pit stop other drivers pass you through you - like they were ghost cars, but during the race?! - then when you are in the pit your pitman will hold you long enough for all other drivers to pass you ... great, simply great and last thing - why in short racing weekend the "Q" part is shortened to only 1 step - I know it's because "short" weekend... but it looks weird. I hope that those things will be covered in updates... especially first two - if yes I'll definetely score this game 10. Expand
  5. HPi
    Sep 29, 2010
    I got the game for my Xbox360 with high hopes and great expectations. I must say that I was not disappointed. The game presentation is very good, graphics is very good, gameplay (driving physics) is fantastic, the weather system is fantastic and the sound of the cars is great. The game modes on offer are good, and the career mode is fantastic. My first team is Lotus and as in real life I always keep a wary eye on my teammate. Driving for this team I do not hope to win the championship, but beating my teammate gives me great satisfaction as I am the number 2 driver in the team. Also taking part in all sessions over a race weekend is exiting as there is always a sense of competition and excitement.
    I do not want to give away spoilers, so I will say that since F1 97 on PlayStation 1, this is the best F1 game ever (on console) as it captures the same excitement of competing (as in F1 97) and greatly improves on it. Believe me I have played them all. Go get the game if you like F1.
  6. Oct 2, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just great ! Incredible graphics, speed sensations, sound...
    Online mode is crazy (no bas driver at yet).
    A few bugs, but game experience will make you forget them !
  7. Nov 3, 2010
    Quite expensive when I got the game at £43, but still, there is a lot to like about Formula One 2010. Is it better or worse than Forza 3? Well, the first thing of course, is the weather. Not only the rain dramatically affects your tyres, but sometimes the weather changes, and it is impressive to look at when the rain stops, bringing a colourful road up ahead. Secondly, it has a lot of tracks too, with some of them longer than others in the previous years, with the changes to the track updated (Silverstone, for example). The third thing is the extensive career mode, and the fact that for the first time ever you can get interviewed! The only bad thing is there's no split-screen multiplayer, but that doesn't mean that they took multiplayer out of the way. They have a party mode for time trials which supports up to 8 players (Up from just 4 players in 2003). Also, you can't change the grid order of the drivers when in race only mode (although they tried to make it as realistic as possible, it wouldn't be so realistic in terms of proper qualifying times which occured in earlier races such as Schumacher starting 21st in Belgium). However, with the inclusion of split-screen, this would deserve a perfect 10. Expand
  8. Nov 19, 2010
    F1 2010 is a fantastic game. It gives you a lot of information and details about race. The commentary is very good and well displayed. The sound effects is very good. The formula one drivers are very detailed. You can control the formula one cars and they are very fast to driver.

1. Jan 24, 2011
    Whilst admittedly rough around the edges in parts, the bulk of the virtual racing experience is entirely refreshing.
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    F1 2010 isn't for everyone, but if you like it, you'll like it a lot for quite a while.
  3. Jan 2, 2011
    THE F1 Game. A Must Buy for racing sims and F1 fans.