7.4

1. HPi
    Sep 29, 2010
    I got the game for my Xbox360 with high hopes and great expectations. I must say that I was not disappointed. The game presentation is very good, graphics is very good, gameplay (driving physics) is fantastic, the weather system is fantastic and the sound of the cars is great. The game modes on offer are good, and the career mode is fantastic. My first team is Lotus and as in real life II got the game for my Xbox360 with high hopes and great expectations. I must say that I was not disappointed. The game presentation is very good, graphics is very good, gameplay (driving physics) is fantastic, the weather system is fantastic and the sound of the cars is great. The game modes on offer are good, and the career mode is fantastic. My first team is Lotus and as in real life I always keep a wary eye on my teammate. Driving for this team I do not hope to win the championship, but beating my teammate gives me great satisfaction as I am the number 2 driver in the team. Also taking part in all sessions over a race weekend is exiting as there is always a sense of competition and excitement.
    I do not want to give away spoilers, so I will say that since F1 97 on PlayStation 1, this is the best F1 game ever (on console) as it captures the same excitement of competing (as in F1 97) and greatly improves on it. Believe me I have played them all. Go get the game if you like F1.
  2. Oct 2, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just great ! Incredible graphics, speed sensations, sound...
    Online mode is crazy (no bas driver at yet).
    A few bugs, but game experience will make you forget them !
  3. Sep 25, 2010
    Overall this is a sold racing experience. The sim racers will certainly niggle about some of the handling issues, but even the developers said on a scale of 1-10 for sim handling this game was probably a 7, and I'd agree with that. It seems to me to strike a perfect balance of being fun to drive, challenging, but not impossibly hard.

Graphically it's probably not quite as sharp as Dirt

Graphically it's probably not quite as sharp as Dirt 2, (playing on Xbox 360) though with 24 cars on the track there's a lot more going on under the hood as it were, so it's a minor issue. It's still a great looking game. In terms of sound it would seem that the other cars are perhaps a bit loud relative to yours, but they sound about like you'd expect them to.

On the track, the racing is fun, if not spot on. The AI seem sometimes too slow through some of the twisty bits, and perhaps unrealistically fast in some of the long straights. The result is satisfying on balance though, as you'll figure out where to take advantage of them for your overtakes, though that might not always be where you'd expect to see it in a real race.

The career mode is compelling, the zombie agent awaiting you in your trailer notwithstanding, with all the practice sessions and qualifying runs you'd expect, and all customizable if you'd rather run a short weekend than the whole shebang. There are some issues that do hold the game back slightly, bugs which are well documented on the CM F1 message boards, but bear mentioning. There is an issue with the pits where if you pit in a crowd of AI cars you will be held up while everyone else exits the pits. You can adjust your strategy accordingly, and unless you get caught out in a sudden shower this shouldn't be a gamebreaker. There also seems to be an issue with fuel simulation, where the AI cars don't seem to be weighed down with fuel loads, allowing them to outpace you by a considerable margin in the early stages of a longer race. Again, since refueling is not allowed in F1, simply turning off fuel simulation is an option to counter this issue. Hopefully both of these situations can be rectified in a patch.

There are some other issues that have been raised by users, such as tire punctures being too common, but having run several hundred laps without a puncture myself this seems to be either an isolated issue, or a case of over aggressive driving.

On balance, this is an entertaining, though not perfect, racing game. It was aiming for a sweetspot somewhere between simulation and arcade, and at least in my console racing experience hits that target quite nicely. If you're looking for an iRacing experience this may not suit you, while if you're looking for Burnout type racing it may likewise leave you frustrated. If you're looking for a fun racing game in the world of F1 that strikes a balance, and gives you enough options to find the right difficulty for you, this is the ticket.
  4. Sep 23, 2010
    When i first fired up the game, i did not knew what to expect, as i know codemasters from their superb rally games, where dirt 2 is being my favorite one, and in the old day's i remember some toy cars in and around the house, where i first saw it on the sega megadrive. so far, i only played codemasters games that could do drifts. so how's formula 1's grip driving going to work ? after a 2When i first fired up the game, i did not knew what to expect, as i know codemasters from their superb rally games, where dirt 2 is being my favorite one, and in the old day's i remember some toy cars in and around the house, where i first saw it on the sega megadrive. so far, i only played codemasters games that could do drifts. so how's formula 1's grip driving going to work ? after a 2 hours ride in one row, i can safely say they did it. just wonderfull. and for the novice players who also like to be in a formula 1 season, rejoyce, as codemasters have put in a lot of options that can be turned on, off, or somewhat in the middle. like auto braking, a row of arrows showing the proper racing line, and turns to red if you enter the corner to fast. also a option for a less nervous car in the shape of stabillity controll, and the computer AI can be adjusted.

so, everything's in there, from the options, to the proper feeling of the drive, but is this game trying to be different ? well, for me, yes. i never have played a formula 1 racer where you get interviewed if you placed 3'rd or better, and you have a lovely girl in your trailer doing all the office stuff, like sweettalking other teams if you want to race for the bigger players on the grid. you will recognize the menue structure, witch, like in DiRT 2, keeps you in the formula 1 mood, as there's people outside your trailer talking, taking notes, and there's the few members of the press that sometimes calls you out for a small interview. those interviews must not be taken lightly, as what you say to them will have a effect on the team. so trashtalking about your co driver won't be tolerated.

ok, lets talk numbers: 19 tracks, the full racing grid, tons of options, and the feeling of being there. lets do the proper review:

graphics: 9.0: considering the huge amount of F1 cars on the track, the trackside is still very detailed, and even the early tracks youll race looks just like a replica of the real track. with grass sticking out instead of being a texture, and even buildings far away are in proper 3D, with details like balkony's and airconditioning. there's only one thing missing, and that's the publick, they are there, but i expected some flash photography, and maybe some confetti, but that's jsut a minor gripe. with a more than solid framerate, this complets the picture. properly done, and no real faults.

sound: 8.5: not all the car's sounds differently, but play this trough a stereo instead of the speakers from a lcd/plasma/led tv, and youll be more than just content. in some cases you feel like being there. sure, not everything is just as swift as the graphics are, like when a car passes you, the engine note does not always swell up properly, but in the heat of the batle, who cares? to bad the music only plays when youre in the menue, as the race only has the surrounding noice, and engine notes. but that may be what the programmers liked the most, as a proper F1 car does not have a stereo.

gameplay: 9.5: with so many options, there's bound to be a way the game feels like you want it to. exept when you want to drift, but then you've got the wrong game. this game feels fast, has wickedly responsive controlls, and just somehow they managed to get the racing feeling transferred to both the MS steering wheel as well as the normal game pad. just love it. hope they will make a sequel.

lastabillity: 9.5: for me, this last longer than the 2010 racing season. with 19 tracks (with variable weather), all the F1 cars, online play, and lots of game modes (time trial, single race, single season, and the big game mode), this game will last me a very long time. i don't mind driving 7 seasons, like i indeed just started.

totall score: 9.5: i don't dare give it a 10, as if codemasters will create a sequel, and use the knowledge of what they did with this game, and what input they might get from players, i guess the sequell may get a little bit better. so that's why i went for 9.5. i'm a racing nut tough, so not everyone will agree. it's a matter of taste. if you love F1, you love this. this ranks from sim racer to sim race teacher (i'm glad there's only auto brake, not auto stearing, as then there would be no reason to really participate :-P). i'm more than impressed with the final product. it took a long time to make, but the end result is done exelent. two thumbs up for codemasters.
  5. Sep 22, 2010
    This is a brilliant game, Codemasters have done this justice. If I did have one gripe with the game it would be nice to see some in game commentary from the BBC team, but other than that...the game play, layout, graphics are all fantastic. Cant wait to finish work today to get back into it
  6. Sep 26, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Il miglior gioco di F1 esistente sulle console di nuova generazione.Immediato, immersivo,appagante.Il motore grafico è eccezionale e i circuiti disegnati alla perfezione ( vedi MonteCarlo ).
    I comandi risultano essere ben calibrati sia con il joypad che con il volante.
  7. Sep 25, 2010
    Great game - without doubt. It's very, VERY fast so when you are driving you must be in 100% in the game. Driving feels realistic (if you can think how's driving feels travelling 350 km/h in a car). Look & feel in the game - great - it looks like good old game from Codemasters. My score 9 because of three things - why the hell when you're going to pit stop other drivers pass you throughGreat game - without doubt. It's very, VERY fast so when you are driving you must be in 100% in the game. Driving feels realistic (if you can think how's driving feels travelling 350 km/h in a car). Look & feel in the game - great - it looks like good old game from Codemasters. My score 9 because of three things - why the hell when you're going to pit stop other drivers pass you through you - like they were ghost cars, but during the race?! - then when you are in the pit your pitman will hold you long enough for all other drivers to pass you ... great, simply great and last thing - why in short racing weekend the "Q" part is shortened to only 1 step - I know it's because "short" weekend... but it looks weird. I hope that those things will be covered in updates... especially first two - if yes I'll definetely score this game 10. Expand
  8. Oct 6, 2010
    F1 2010 is the game I've been waiting years for, and mostly it hasn't disappointed. The career mode is wonderful crafted to adapt to your skill level once you've decided what that is, I went in gun-ho yet came crawling back to medium difficulty and the racing line to get to grips with the game. The speed of the cars are just right, every track has different bumps and levels of grip toF1 2010 is the game I've been waiting years for, and mostly it hasn't disappointed. The career mode is wonderful crafted to adapt to your skill level once you've decided what that is, I went in gun-ho yet came crawling back to medium difficulty and the racing line to get to grips with the game. The speed of the cars are just right, every track has different bumps and levels of grip to slopes that add realism. It's a true sim racer dream, but if your a causal racer stick with GRID or Split/Second as it takes hours to learn one track and how a particular car handles. There are bad points, the wireless steering wheel is rubbish on this as the steering is far too light, pitting behind cars at times will drop you at the back of the grid for no reason, online racers think it's Mario Kart rather than a serious racer, and graphically on track is great but all else is poor! Overall if you're into F!, get it! If not, at least try it out armed with patience and the annoying music turned off! Expand
  9. Nov 3, 2010
    Quite expensive when I got the game at £43, but still, there is a lot to like about Formula One 2010. Is it better or worse than Forza 3? Well, the first thing of course, is the weather. Not only the rain dramatically affects your tyres, but sometimes the weather changes, and it is impressive to look at when the rain stops, bringing a colourful road up ahead. Secondly, it hasQuite expensive when I got the game at £43, but still, there is a lot to like about Formula One 2010. Is it better or worse than Forza 3? Well, the first thing of course, is the weather. Not only the rain dramatically affects your tyres, but sometimes the weather changes, and it is impressive to look at when the rain stops, bringing a colourful road up ahead. Secondly, it has a lot of tracks too, with some of them longer than others in the previous years, with the changes to the track updated (Silverstone, for example). The third thing is the extensive career mode, and the fact that for the first time ever you can get interviewed! The only bad thing is there's no split-screen multiplayer, but that doesn't mean that they took multiplayer out of the way. They have a party mode for time trials which supports up to 8 players (Up from just 4 players in 2003). Also, you can't change the grid order of the drivers when in race only mode (although they tried to make it as realistic as possible, it wouldn't be so realistic in terms of proper qualifying times which occured in earlier races such as Schumacher starting 21st in Belgium). However, with the inclusion of split-screen, this would deserve a perfect 10. Expand
  10. Nov 19, 2010
    F1 2010 is a fantastic game. It gives you a lot of information and details about race. The commentary is very good and well displayed. The sound effects is very good. The formula one drivers are very detailed. You can control the formula one cars and they are very fast to driver.
  11. Nov 15, 2010
    The main thing tot he game is the handling and challenge of the game which really are great. Even when you have done alot of laps you still need to concentrate and drive clear lines else you can easily drop through the field. The Difficulty settings are great allowing almost any level racer to get into this game and by gradually dropping certain settings can progress into the harderThe main thing tot he game is the handling and challenge of the game which really are great. Even when you have done alot of laps you still need to concentrate and drive clear lines else you can easily drop through the field. The Difficulty settings are great allowing almost any level racer to get into this game and by gradually dropping certain settings can progress into the harder difficulty levels. Graphically its not bad, i have seen prettier but the main focus has gone onto the tracks and their realism and handling and weather dynamics which really do bring the game forward. Damage modelling on the higher settings is good and creates a real tension if you happen to lose part of your wing and the car can be a very different beast. Each car drives differently which is amazing and means you really do notice the extra pace of the McClaren but the extra grip of the Red Bull. The AI drivers will drive aggressively to overtake and hold lines. I have heard that the car are just made up times when you are not in visual range of them and pople have complained about it and i can see why cause it would be nice to know where they are in split times but it doesnt really take alot away from the game.
    The interview sections are a bit boring and repetitive but you can see what Codies were trying to do and in future releases this will be improved. New patches have improved the corrupt saves people have mentioned so unless your a muppet and turn off console during the save process you will be fine.
    The game as a whole is brilliant and has alot of car customisation options if you like that kind of thing or the engineer help can be used which does it pretty much for you.

Definately for a Simulation fan racer but worth a go. Would be a 10 out of 10 if a few little flaws were corrected.
  12. Sep 19, 2011
    I love F1 but would you really want to make the game so hard for 3 year old's to play? It lacks damage, hard to over take ( sometimes) but as a whole you can play F1 with a smile :)
  13. Apr 24, 2014
    Another example of Codemasters solid relationship with racing. Ok the main problem with this game is the A.I, It looks fantastic, plays fantastic and is fully licensed but there is a real jump in the difficulty within the A.I settings you go from finishing 1st with 20 seconds in hand every time to finishing last every time as the A.I is flawless across the grid but when you do nail anAnother example of Codemasters solid relationship with racing. Ok the main problem with this game is the A.I, It looks fantastic, plays fantastic and is fully licensed but there is a real jump in the difficulty within the A.I settings you go from finishing 1st with 20 seconds in hand every time to finishing last every time as the A.I is flawless across the grid but when you do nail an overtake it is a very satisfying accomplishment which is a major achievement by Codemasters, there is nothing better than starting at the back of the grid in Sao Paulo and working your way through the field for the win. At the end of the day though I think that they have nailed the feeling of being in an F1 car the beauty of the game is trying to beat yourself lap for lap, you could be at this for hours. Expand

1. Jan 24, 2011
    Whilst admittedly rough around the edges in parts, the bulk of the virtual racing experience is entirely refreshing.
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    F1 2010 isn't for everyone, but if you like it, you'll like it a lot for quite a while.
  3. Jan 2, 2011
    THE F1 Game. A Must Buy for racing sims and F1 fans.