Fable Anniversary Xbox 360

6.8

1. Mar 28, 2017
    A major graphics over haul for one of the best games ever made. This is the only Fable game worth playing with the exception of the original version of this. Highly recommended on any system.
  2. Sep 25, 2016
    Infelizmente a Microsoft não sabe tratar suas IPS com carinho e atenção, jogou o trabalho da Lionhead no lixo e não deu o apoio necessário a mesma. Fable é um dos melhores jogos da gen passada, amo de paixão, é obrigatório para donos de Xbox 360/One, pena que a esperança para uma sequência de Fable é zero. Um estúdio bom mas que não foi valorizado.
  3. Nov 14, 2015
    I'm a big fan of series of games I've played in the fable of the beautiful game it is therefore this estimate. I do not know what else to write so..
  4. Nov 9, 2015
    the game is beautiful rich and just plain fun! i am in love with it and can't stop playing and i recommend it to everyone. The game new pause system is so cool and the map that allows me to manage my real estate it just so handy and i also love the fact that your wife doesn't leave you at random times for no reason. the combat is just plain fun and the quests and story just pull me in allthe game is beautiful rich and just plain fun! i am in love with it and can't stop playing and i recommend it to everyone. The game new pause system is so cool and the map that allows me to manage my real estate it just so handy and i also love the fact that your wife doesn't leave you at random times for no reason. the combat is just plain fun and the quests and story just pull me in all i can say is that this game is great go buy it now! Expand
  5. Feb 20, 2015
    I remember getting all hyped for the game's release in February and I finally got it.

For one I love it. The graphics have been remastered to HD and they look beautiful. However, I do dislike the large eyes that the characters have. I feel that they could've been given a more realistic appearance since their head looks like it contains a chimp's skull. The music is how it always

For one I love it.

The music is how it always should be; passive, fitting but also at times quite unnerving. They haven't touched it, which is excellent.

The game play is what I remember from 10 years ago. The combat is a lot easier than I remember but the enemies are less forgiving. Some enemies can knock you back, which is tedious when it comes to playing.

Overall I give this game a 9 since it is a brilliant example of the Fable franchise at its prime. It works very well, only with the odd bug, and it is nostalgic in every way. I simply love it.
  6. Dec 18, 2014
    Firstly, I am absolutely in love with this game! I've always loved the fable series and after hearing that there was a remastered version of the orginal, i bought it straight away.

This game is just as i remember it, but with excellent fable-style graphics, better dialog and controls and in my opinion, a few minor touches that make it even better. Many people have issues with this

Many people have issues with this game, but unless my vision is clouded by my love for the fable games, i cannot see anything wrong, and i could happily play this game through time and time again. One of the main reasons for this is because although the later fables were excellent, they lacked the small things, the fun weapons to find and the goals to work towards.

a must have!!!
  7. May 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm A Big Fan Of The "Fable" Series And When I Heard That Fable 1 Was Getting Ported To The Xbox 360 I Was Pumped And It Didn't Disappoint

The Story:You Play As "Chickenchaser" It's You're Sisters Birthday And You Need To Get Her A Present After Doing That Bandits Raid The Village Of Oakvale Then You Are Saved By Mace And You Train At An Academy To Become The Next Hero Of Albion I Would Talk More But It Would Be Too Long So Overall It's Good

Gameplay The Gameplay Is Very Good There Are Different Type Of Weapons Like Crossbow,Regular Bow,Sword,Frying Pan,ETC And Different Type Of Magic Like Lightning,Fire,ETC
    And There's Different Side Quest's And Activities Also Augments For You're Weapon

Graphics Are Bright And Colorful Also The Soundtrack Is Good As Well Same For Voice Acting

Final Verdict Story 90/100

Gameplay 95/100

Graphics 99/100

Voice Acting 89/100

Jack Of Blades 100/100

Final Verdict 95/100

BTW JACK OF BLADES IS AWESOME
  8. Apr 24, 2014
    a very good remake that is both faithful to the original contents and improves on a number of weak spots in the original. great to play for old and new fans of the series alike.
  9. Mar 22, 2014
    With updated graphics, achievements, the bonus "Lost Chapters" content, and improvements to the controls and save system, this is arguably the new best way to experience the first Fable game. Things like fishing and combat haven't aged the best, and a few irritating glitches are still around, but they don't change the fact that this is one RPG that still holds up well after all theseWith updated graphics, achievements, the bonus "Lost Chapters" content, and improvements to the controls and save system, this is arguably the new best way to experience the first Fable game. Things like fishing and combat haven't aged the best, and a few irritating glitches are still around, but they don't change the fact that this is one RPG that still holds up well after all these years. I have to give special praise to the updated graphics, because they make the game look on par with most modern games. If you have not experienced Fable yet, or are just looking for an excuse to revisit it, this "Anniversary" edition is a great way to do so. I give it an 8.8/10-Great. Expand
  10. Feb 21, 2014
    I really enjoyed playing this game all the way through. I just finished 100% it and I still feel like i need to keep playing. Fable was one of the first games I ever played on the Xbox and it still feels like it holds up. I played TLC about 3 years ago and still had a blast, the fact that i got to play it again after getting a huge graphical and practical (speaking of the former menu andI really enjoyed playing this game all the way through. I just finished 100% it and I still feel like i need to keep playing. Fable was one of the first games I ever played on the Xbox and it still feels like it holds up. I played TLC about 3 years ago and still had a blast, the fact that i got to play it again after getting a huge graphical and practical (speaking of the former menu and save system from before) upgrade made me never want to stop. It has its shortcomings, but what game from 10 years ago wouldn't? Expand
  11. Feb 20, 2014
    I have played all the Fable games and was happy this one was being released with achievements. The achievements make the game fun and a few will make you laugh. Some pop while progressing through the game, but some you have to go off the game track to discover. I, personally, didn't notice any difference in graphics between this game and the games that came out around the time of it'sI have played all the Fable games and was happy this one was being released with achievements. The achievements make the game fun and a few will make you laugh. Some pop while progressing through the game, but some you have to go off the game track to discover. I, personally, didn't notice any difference in graphics between this game and the games that came out around the time of it's original release. Even though they say it's a HD update, I don't see a difference and it's not comparable to Fable 3, so if the update in graphics are your main draw - pass it by. I hope this release is able to fund the next NEW Fable release. I love Openworld games and we need as many as we can get! Expand
  12. Feb 16, 2014
    A remake of a classic Xbox game that brings to light one of the best things that a company can do when you have an award winning game...bring it back better. While I am not happy with the price tag I am happy with the game. I think the game could of had some things added to it to make it unique and make players want to do it...which might happen as dlc but overall this game take a classicA remake of a classic Xbox game that brings to light one of the best things that a company can do when you have an award winning game...bring it back better. While I am not happy with the price tag I am happy with the game. I think the game could of had some things added to it to make it unique and make players want to do it...which might happen as dlc but overall this game take a classic and brings it into the new age. Expand
  13. Feb 12, 2014
    As a remaster of the original game Fable Anniversary does a good job of updating the graphics while retaining the charm of the original game. However while it retains the charm of the original it also carries its faults such as the annoying targeting system.

Fable Anniversary also adds more problems in the form of inconsistent frame rates and in my first (of many) play-through's I had the game freeze on me three times the save system however limits this issue to a mere annoyance. The loading times are longer than I would have expected but not terrible.

It does however add achievements, a more manageable save system and a choice between the original control scheme and one more suited to players of Fable 2/3.

To fans of the original game who have Fable TLC there isn't much of a reason to upgrade to this version beyond the Achievements and updated graphics.

The inclusion of more quests, expressions,armor etc would have been nice and given fans more of a reason to pick this up as it stands armour/weapon packs are available in the form of paid dlc.

To those who have never played Fable and don't mind outdated graphics the original is much cheaper from Steam. Either way I recommend either Fable TLC or Fable Anniversary to anyone with an interest in rpg's. The animations may not have aged well but it is still a brilliant game and one of the more memorable and charming RPG's I have played.
  14. Feb 9, 2014
    A HD remake that just oozes fan service. This is now the definitive version because of the updates, changes and graphical overhaul. A must play for fans of the original and fans of Fable 2 and 3. This is the game that started it all and is, to this date, the best in the series. Buy it now, you chicken chasers!
  15. Feb 8, 2014
    It comes down to this: This is Fable: The Lost Chapters, with reworked menus and improved graphics. If you liked Fable: The Lost Chapters, you'll like this, no question. If you're expecting a dramatic reworking of the original experience however, you will be disappointed. Fable Anniversary is comparable to Halo CE Anniversary in that it's totally faithful. It plays exactly the same. ItIt comes down to this: This is Fable: The Lost Chapters, with reworked menus and improved graphics. If you liked Fable: The Lost Chapters, you'll like this, no question. If you're expecting a dramatic reworking of the original experience however, you will be disappointed. Fable Anniversary is comparable to Halo CE Anniversary in that it's totally faithful. It plays exactly the same. It just looks better.

There are some small texture pop-in issues, some sound crackling, I've had it crash once or twice, but overall it isn't dramatically sub-par. It could use some patches. That said, it looks dramatically better than, say, Fable 2, and the fact that it was released on 8 year old hardware means they're pushing all kinds of barriers to even get it running in the first place.

Overall, It's a good port. Small technical issues aside, if you liked Fable: The Lost Chapters, you'll appreciate this. Don't expect a whole new game - it's what you're used to with a new lick of paint. Final Score: 7.6/10
  16. Feb 6, 2014
    Whats there to say? One of the best games of all time updated with fantastic modern graphics.

If you liked the original you will enjoy it again. If you havent played the original you're in for a treat.
  17. Feb 5, 2014
    Despite its small bugs, this is exactly what I wanted from this game. A nice clean remake of the original. It looks very nice, and is a great nostalgia trip for anyone who has played Fable on original Xbox. That guild music, chills.
  18. Feb 5, 2014
    Fable Anniversary is what you expect from a game like this

Pros:Everything that was good on the Original Xbox is still good here

Cons:It feels like Lionhead or Microsoft is making an unnecessery cash grab, some bugs that you can notice after a few minutes or hours of playing

Recommendation:Fans of the Original Fable and any RPG
  19. Feb 4, 2014
    Classic Fable. If you loved Lost Chapters, then this is for you. It's the remake that the series deserves, and it's hours of enjoyment from beginning to end. if you're coming into the series for the first time, then this is a great place to start.
  20. Feb 4, 2014
    I bet the negatives are no other than the Sony fanboys themselves doing this. For those who never got to play lost chapters and loved the 1st fable, i recommend getting this game.
  21. Feb 4, 2014
    When reviewing a game like Fable Anniversary, there's a tendency to try and review it as a brand new game. However, that'd be a bit of a misnomer as far as reviews go. The broader context of the game has to be kept in mind. There's so many elements that, despite being dated by today's standards, are responsible for the original Fable game being the success that it was. I think it was wiseWhen reviewing a game like Fable Anniversary, there's a tendency to try and review it as a brand new game. However, that'd be a bit of a misnomer as far as reviews go. The broader context of the game has to be kept in mind. There's so many elements that, despite being dated by today's standards, are responsible for the original Fable game being the success that it was. I think it was wise that the team took care in not tampering with the formula of the original. There's been some visual overhauls, the sound seems to have been reworked as well, and the menu system and controls have been updated accordingly. In general, I feel that Fable Anniversary does exactly what I've always wanted a Fable remake to do: don't mess the original game up but still make it look and sound amazing and maybe throw a few new features in for good measure. By that standard, this game has really exceeded my expectations. I'm only three or fours hours into the game, but having played the original game like crazy I can already tell that they've really hit that fine balance between staying authentic to the original while still bringing the game into the modern age. This is pretty much everything I wanted in a Fable remake. Expand

1. Jun 5, 2014
    Despite its issues, Fable Anniversary is the best way for players to experience the original Fable. Just keep in mind that action RPGs have a come a very long way since then.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    May 11, 2014
    One of Molyneux's actual games, and worth remastering. [March 2014]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 7, 2014
    Works rather well even after all these years, yet there are still some technical irks that shouldn't be there at all. [Issue #239]