6.9

1. Feb 4, 2014
    Classic Fable. If you loved Lost Chapters, then this is for you. It's the remake that the series deserves, and it's hours of enjoyment from beginning to end. if you're coming into the series for the first time, then this is a great place to start.
  2. Feb 9, 2014
    A HD remake that just oozes fan service. This is now the definitive version because of the updates, changes and graphical overhaul. A must play for fans of the original and fans of Fable 2 and 3. This is the game that started it all and is, to this date, the best in the series. Buy it now, you chicken chasers!
  3. Feb 6, 2014
    Whats there to say? One of the best games of all time updated with fantastic modern graphics.

If you liked the original you will enjoy it again. If you havent played the original you're in for a treat.
  4. Feb 4, 2014
    When reviewing a game like Fable Anniversary, there's a tendency to try and review it as a brand new game. However, that'd be a bit of a misnomer as far as reviews go. The broader context of the game has to be kept in mind. There's so many elements that, despite being dated by today's standards, are responsible for the original Fable game being the success that it was. I think it was wiseWhen reviewing a game like Fable Anniversary, there's a tendency to try and review it as a brand new game. However, that'd be a bit of a misnomer as far as reviews go. The broader context of the game has to be kept in mind. There's so many elements that, despite being dated by today's standards, are responsible for the original Fable game being the success that it was. I think it was wise that the team took care in not tampering with the formula of the original. There's been some visual overhauls, the sound seems to have been reworked as well, and the menu system and controls have been updated accordingly. In general, I feel that Fable Anniversary does exactly what I've always wanted a Fable remake to do: don't mess the original game up but still make it look and sound amazing and maybe throw a few new features in for good measure. By that standard, this game has really exceeded my expectations. I'm only three or fours hours into the game, but having played the original game like crazy I can already tell that they've really hit that fine balance between staying authentic to the original while still bringing the game into the modern age. This is pretty much everything I wanted in a Fable remake. Expand
  5. Feb 4, 2014
    I bet the negatives are no other than the Sony fanboys themselves doing this. For those who never got to play lost chapters and loved the 1st fable, i recommend getting this game.
  6. Apr 24, 2014
    a very good remake that is both faithful to the original contents and improves on a number of weak spots in the original. great to play for old and new fans of the series alike.
  7. Dec 18, 2014
    Firstly, I am absolutely in love with this game! I've always loved the fable series and after hearing that there was a remastered version of the orginal, i bought it straight away.

This game is just as i remember it, but with excellent fable-style graphics, better dialog and controls and in my opinion, a few minor touches that make it even better. Many people have issues with this

Many people have issues with this game, but unless my vision is clouded by my love for the fable games, i cannot see anything wrong, and i could happily play this game through time and time again. One of the main reasons for this is because although the later fables were excellent, they lacked the small things, the fun weapons to find and the goals to work towards.

a must have!!!
  8. Feb 5, 2014
    Despite its small bugs, this is exactly what I wanted from this game. A nice clean remake of the original. It looks very nice, and is a great nostalgia trip for anyone who has played Fable on original Xbox. That guild music, chills.
  9. May 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm A Big Fan Of The "Fable" Series And When I Heard That Fable 1 Was Getting Ported To The Xbox 360 I Was Pumped And It Didn't Disappoint

The Story:You Play As "Chickenchaser" It's You're Sisters Birthday And You Need To Get Her A Present After Doing That Bandits Raid The Village Of Oakvale Then You Are Saved By Mace And You Train At An Academy To Become The Next Hero Of Albion I Would Talk More But It Would Be Too Long So Overall It's Good

Gameplay The Gameplay Is Very Good There Are Different Type Of Weapons Like Crossbow,Regular Bow,Sword,Frying Pan,ETC And Different Type Of Magic Like Lightning,Fire,ETC
    And There's Different Side Quest's And Activities Also Augments For You're Weapon

Graphics Are Bright And Colorful Also The Soundtrack Is Good As Well Same For Voice Acting

Final Verdict Story 90/100

Gameplay 95/100

Graphics 99/100

Voice Acting 89/100

Jack Of Blades 100/100

Final Verdict 95/100

BTW JACK OF BLADES IS AWESOME
  10. Feb 20, 2015
    I remember getting all hyped for the game's release in February and I finally got it.

For one I love it. The graphics have been remastered to HD and they look beautiful. However, I do dislike the large eyes that the characters have. I feel that they could've been given a more realistic appearance since their head looks like it contains a chimp's skull. The music is how it always

For one I love it.

The music is how it always should be; passive, fitting but also at times quite unnerving. They haven't touched it, which is excellent.

The game play is what I remember from 10 years ago. The combat is a lot easier than I remember but the enemies are less forgiving. Some enemies can knock you back, which is tedious when it comes to playing.

Overall I give this game a 9 since it is a brilliant example of the Fable franchise at its prime. It works very well, only with the odd bug, and it is nostalgic in every way. I simply love it.

1. Jun 5, 2014
    Despite its issues, Fable Anniversary is the best way for players to experience the original Fable. Just keep in mind that action RPGs have a come a very long way since then.
  2. May 11, 2014
    One of Molyneux's actual games, and worth remastering. [March 2014]
    Works rather well even after all these years, yet there are still some technical irks that shouldn't be there at all. [Issue #239]