FaceBreaker Xbox 360

6.8

1. redson
    Sep 28, 2008
    FaceBreaker is a ridiculous arcade game thats silly and fun and im really surprised that many people are so down on it. Facebreaker is not a serious fighting game like Virtua Fighter 5 or any Street Fighter title. Those games are impossible to pick up and play, hell, playing VF5 is a job by itself.. I sat down with FaceBreaker for the first time with a group of friends, girls and guys, FaceBreaker is a ridiculous arcade game thats silly and fun and im really surprised that many people are so down on it. Facebreaker is not a serious fighting game like Virtua Fighter 5 or any Street Fighter title. Those games are impossible to pick up and play, hell, playing VF5 is a job by itself.. I sat down with FaceBreaker for the first time with a group of friends, girls and guys, and we all had a great time. I learned how to play fast and quickly i was competitive with the better players in the room. some of the girls knew how to play already and had a great time beating up on some of us newbies. i think the game is lots of fun and, while it lacks the depth and balancing of a more polished fighter, its a great social game and isnt intimidating for beginners at all.. a definite rent, possible buy if you've got friends that need an ass kickin. Expand
  2. KhristianR.
    Oct 1, 2008
    The style, the animations, the characters and the little animations are well designed. But its sadly let down by each character only having very few moves. Its a quick snack, but then you'll be bored because of its repetitiveness. Its a shame, this could have been a very good game. SCORE : 57%.

1. Excellent production values but lacking the depth of our favourite beat-'em-ups. [Oct 2008, p.81]
  2. The cosmetics and style that FaceBreaker offers in spades fail to raise the mechanics and gameplay above average. [Oct 2008, p.125]
  3. FaceBreaker’s gameplay is pretty simple, meaning that gamers of all types will be able to get into the game and feel comfortable with the controls very quickly. However, the overall experience does feel a bit shallow and might not hold your interest for very long.