Fallout 3 Xbox 360

8.5

1. May 7, 2013
    I was bored2my ass at the end of 2009, watched youtube videos of fallout 3, then decided I have to play this game, at that time my laptop was too crappy to run the game, I either should buy a new PC or a XBOX360 console (dont like PS3) and I went with XBOX360, and officially start my gaming hobby. So, this game is the reason why am i here, checking and rating video games.
    Rated 9 for GOTY
    Rated 9 for GOTY version. Love the wasteland DC, so bloody violent, three dog is awesome. the beginning part of the game is the best among other games, directly took you into the character and the game sitting.
  2. Apr 20, 2013
    Easily one of my favorite games of all time! I could go into details why, but Fallout 3 is basically FUN and over 500 hours in-game kinda speaks for itself. A modern classic!
  3. Apr 16, 2013
    An all time classic video-game that must be played! Besides some glitches, there are no discerning issues. It's a near perfect game with an great plot, captivating game-play, and beautiful geography and music. 9.5/10
  4. Oct 19, 2013
    Fallout 3 is a strong contender for the greatest game of the generation. Everything about the game, from the enemies, to the characters, to the settings, to the story, to the music, are all so captivating that, when combined with the atmosphere Bethesda have created, makes it near impossible to put the controller down. With story missions and side missions coming out of its ears, Fallout 3Fallout 3 is a strong contender for the greatest game of the generation. Everything about the game, from the enemies, to the characters, to the settings, to the story, to the music, are all so captivating that, when combined with the atmosphere Bethesda have created, makes it near impossible to put the controller down. With story missions and side missions coming out of its ears, Fallout 3 will provide players with entertainment for months and is a truly amazing masterpiece. Expand
  5. Apr 27, 2013
    Fallout 3 is without a doubt my favourite game of this console generation. I have put easily over 100+ hours into this game and I've enjoyed every moment of it. Fallout 3 is a game that encourages you to go off the beaten path and is far from a linear experience. While there is a clear main story, there are multiple ways to get to the end. Although, the side quests are where Fallout 3Fallout 3 is without a doubt my favourite game of this console generation. I have put easily over 100+ hours into this game and I've enjoyed every moment of it. Fallout 3 is a game that encourages you to go off the beaten path and is far from a linear experience. While there is a clear main story, there are multiple ways to get to the end. Although, the side quests are where Fallout 3 shines. There are tons of marked and unmarked side quests that keep you exploring the Capital Wasteland. To a degree, Fallout 3 can also be a fairly emotional experience as well. In spite of the game being obviously fictional, I particularly enjoyed exploring the abandoned buildings and subway tunnels and reading up on the game lore and learning what led to the events that created the Fallout world.

The character creation is fairly detailed, you can choose between a male or female character in addition to several facial options. You can also customize your character as you progress to fit your play style. You can invest in points to increase your melee damage, increase your accuracy in VATS or raise your charisma if you prefer to talk yourself out of situations.

Furthermore, with the addition of the Broken Steel add-on the "ending" of the game is removed and you can continue to play and explore the world. There are also four other DLCs that contribute to the length of the game while giving you access to new perks, items and weapons. I occasionally ran into the odd technical glitch that ranged from a texture pop-in to the game outright freezing. I would highly recommend anyone who plays Fallout 3 to save often to avoid the latter occurring during their game and losing their progress.

Overall, Fallout 3 is truly a must have for any gamer who enjoys open world games and in spite of technical problems I experienced I have to give it a 10 out of 10 based on sheer amount of content that is packed into this game.
  6. Apr 18, 2013
    One of my top 5 games of all-time, great and huge open melancolic-postnuclear work of art, the graphics are good for the time it was released, with some bioshock silimiliarities in some parts, great scifi wasteland legend, love the liam neeson voice acting, sounds like god of heaven in your game
  7. Rem
    Oct 15, 2014
    Stepping out of the Vault, players undertake a breathtaking journey through the Wasteland in Bethesda's rendition of the Fallout series. One thing that Bethesda always promotes with each of their games is the growing amount of freedom to play the game how you want. Go anywhere, befriend or kill anyone, ignore the main quest altogether it's up to you. Along the way you soak in the stunningStepping out of the Vault, players undertake a breathtaking journey through the Wasteland in Bethesda's rendition of the Fallout series. One thing that Bethesda always promotes with each of their games is the growing amount of freedom to play the game how you want. Go anywhere, befriend or kill anyone, ignore the main quest altogether it's up to you. Along the way you soak in the stunning view of a decimated Washington D.C., but look too closely and you'll see that the textures are rough and pop-ins are frequent. Many complain about technical problems ruining their games like corrupted files and freezing, but none of those were present for me. Instead I only got clipping, pop-ins, and excruciatingly long load times, nothing good but they're not as bad as people say. Expand
  8. Jun 12, 2013
    this game is one of those classic games that you might pick up not knowing much about but end up just completely falling in love with. I highly recommended it to anyone
  9. May 14, 2013
    It's been almost 5 years since Fallout 3 came out and yet it remains my favourite game of all time. If you weren't already convinced by the list of prestigious award the game has won, the fact that in 5 years no other game has come close to giving me such an enjoyable experience should tell you all you need to know.

Listing all the game's qualities would take too long so I'm going to

Listing all the game's qualities would take too long so I'm going to apply a broader approach to this review by simply telling you that you MUST buy this game. As long as you aren't a simpleton who needs a game to have shiny visuals to keep you entertained, you will LOVE this game. And I don't mean how you love chips, I mean actual, true love. To paraphrase Chad Michael Michaels from Blades of Glory, I could not love a human baby more than I love this game...

The world in which Fallout 3 is set is quite simply the coolest environment I've ever experienced in any game. It will draw you in and make you wish you could be part of a nuclear apocalypse (despite all the obvious draw-backs). The wild, mutated animals roaming the wasteland, the unique settlements and factions dotted around the map, the eccentric characters you meet, the amazingly rich side quests that have such a great story behind them that you will want to complete all of them; there is something around every corner that will make your jaw drop.

I am convinced that all the negative reviews this game has received on this website are from people who are either fans of the original Fallout games (Fallout and Fallout 2) who automatically wrote Fallout 3 off because it is so radically different from its predecessors, or people who are too impatient to play an RPG. So if you don't fall into either of those two categories, GO AND BUY THIS GAME. And even if you do, GO AND BUY THIS GAME.

Safe.
  10. Jun 3, 2013
    It's hard to pick one, but I can safely say Fallout 3 is my favorite game of all time. It's an open world of discovery in an ideal apocalyptic setting. I've put hundreds and hundreds of hours into it, but there is so much I haven't done (I only just got the last of the achievements).

The amount of loot and guns you can find is mind-boggling. The VATS system is innovative. Deaths are deliciously gruesome. True, there are glitches, but I think it adds seasoning and a little fun to the game (as well as a sense of dread). And did I mention the story? It's right up there close to the likes of Bioshock.

The only possible things that could be improved are the graphics and the ability to play with friends. But otherwise, zero complaints. Fallout 3 is the standard in gaming.
  11. Jun 5, 2013
    Great Shooter RPG! A interesting story and great RPG Elements. every 2 level a bonus)
    A big world full of interesting places and cool characters.
    And I LOVE THE RADIO Thrrreee- DOoog :D
  12. Jul 20, 2013
    Fallout 3 is in my opinion the greatest game Bethesda made ever (and they make loads of these)
    pros: story is great, combat, plenty of fun side missions, vats mode, customization, ammo is expensive and since caps are hard to come by early in the game though by the time you finish it you will be filthy stinkin rich) so you will be looting enemies and searching for ammo increasing your post apocalyptic survival feeling, rather good voice acting (it has Liam Neeson) dlc like broken steel or the pit
    cons:I said the story was great I never said it was life changing (like how you go from finding your dad to working on a science project, to fighting an evil government basically put into the game so it would have a villain) melee combat is rather bad, like skyrim there is a rather large count of bugs, dlc like mother ship zeta
    Once again Fallout 3 is the greatest of Bethesda's large collection of awesome games and if you don't buy I'l will find you and I will.............. KIDDING but seriously get it. NOW! THAT'S AN ORDER SOLDIER!
  13. Jun 26, 2013
    This is quite possibly the best game I have ever played. It has great graphics, talented developers and voice actors, a deep and interesting main quest line, along with well written side quests and DLC. The open landscape is beautiful, and the time the developers put in to the smallest details makes the game, in my opinion, the game of the decade.
  14. Aug 6, 2013
    My review for the amazing game known as fallout 3:

SINGLE PLAYER (STORY)- 10/10. an outstanding story that has the best backstory i have seen in years. it has great storytelling, and lots of side missions as well. GRAPHICS- 9/10. outstanding visuals, and great draw distance and ragdoll physics. character animations are very wooden, however. SOUND- 10/10. exceptional voice acting, and
    My review for the amazing game known as fallout 3:

SOUND- 10/10. exceptional voice acting, and great sound effects. no problems here.
    GAMEPLAY- 8.5/10. combat is simple, but fun. can be very glitchy sometimes, but rarely takes away from the fun. no control issues.
    FUN FACTOR- 10/10. the best RPG i have played in a LONG time.
    OVERALL- 10/10
  15. Dec 22, 2013
    The plot is incredibly interesting, the setting is wonderful, with a very enjoyable gameplay and it's incredibly captivating. The GOTY edition actually might lower the score since the DLCs are sub-par when compared to the game itself
  16. Sep 7, 2013
    ---Rating---
    Design: 4 /5 (slightly incoherent mechanics, the narrative falters after a good introduction)
    Polish: 4 /5 (the grey-brown color palette detracts from the otherwise interesting visuals)
    Value: 4 /5 (open world with more replay value than most "shooters", but less than most RPGs)

---Review---
    To be added.
  17. Mar 3, 2015
    This game is my favorite game ever. I liked how you could explore the open world and do any thing you wanted to do. Every year I try to play this game so I don't forget the game. Each time I play I try to do things that I have not yet done in the game. Overall one of the best games I have played.
  18. Jun 27, 2015
    I know this is an old game but boy was it terrible. Go here do this... go here get that... I hate fetch quests and this game seems like one big fetch quest... I bet the story is horrible... I gave up...
  19. Jan 1, 2014
    Well writing this almost 6 years from its release, but I continue to play it, continue to find new things to do and continue to love it. I suppose it is slightly showing its age now, graphics wise, gamplay-wise it is still just as good to play as it was when I first ripped the packaging off 6 years(ish) ago. So if you have an xbox360 and love great gameplay then you should either haveWell writing this almost 6 years from its release, but I continue to play it, continue to find new things to do and continue to love it. I suppose it is slightly showing its age now, graphics wise, gamplay-wise it is still just as good to play as it was when I first ripped the packaging off 6 years(ish) ago. So if you have an xbox360 and love great gameplay then you should either have owned this or it should be still in your collection gathering dust. Simply fire up the 360 and get it running. There are still loads to do in my game (I saved at level 19, and yes I know we can go to 30). Expand
  20. Oct 18, 2013
    PROS:
    story
    V.A.T.S.
    weapons
    collectibles
    huge world
    characters
    voice acting
    enemies
    CONS:
    no iron sights
    you cant explore after the final quest
    glitches

much more pros i dont have the patience to discuss
  21. Oct 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I remember being at Walmart back in mid 2009. I was looking for Grand theft Auto IV Liberty City stories but it wasn't there. I decided to try Fallout 3 and oh I was impressed. The intro was just amazing The whole Growing up in the vault was just great and it felt real too! (Does get repetitive after a couple playthroughs) when I got out that door and saw the world, I was astonished on how well done it was. The graphics were amazing. By far some of the best in any game of that time. Only thing that was a little off were the facial models but that is Bethesda's weak point. Examples Oblivion, Skyrim. The gameplay was pretty good and the game had some memorable characters in it. Like Mr. Burke, Moira Brown,etc
    The storyline was probably the best part in the game. Finding your dad (Liam Neeson) watching him die, looking for GECK, fighting for the purifier and Broken Steel that added to it.
    The combat wasn't bad but could have been better. I think the only reason that the Vats thing was thrown it was to make it seem like the first 2 Fallouts and to take your eyes away from the mediocre combat. The
    game wasn't really buggy for me. Sometimes I may get stuck in a rock but that's about it. So I really would give this game a 9.5/10.
    Graphics: 9/10 impressive, looked realistic except the faces. Huge improvement over Oblivion.
    Gameplay 8.5/10 pretty good. Combat could have been better.
    Story 9.5/10 one of the best stories in any game in my opinion. Though Broken Steel kinda twisted it a little.
    Fun: 10/10 I have spent over 150 hours in my latest playthrough and over 600 total hours. You still find new things and the game has high replay value.
    I also loved the music. Wished that they could've added more but it added to that 50s theme.
    Also get the goty edition if you ever buy it.
  22. Feb 21, 2014
    Taking place in post-apocalyptic Washington DC, Fallout 3 takes you through a journey you never thought possible. This game allows you to do literally whatever you want. Want to be evil? Go for it. Good? That's just fine. What separates this game from so many other however is all the gray area in between. You start as a baby and the game quickly accelerates and allows you to choose whichTaking place in post-apocalyptic Washington DC, Fallout 3 takes you through a journey you never thought possible. This game allows you to do literally whatever you want. Want to be evil? Go for it. Good? That's just fine. What separates this game from so many other however is all the gray area in between. You start as a baby and the game quickly accelerates and allows you to choose which S.P.E.C.I.A.L. abilities you wish to have. This is great because the different SPECIAL abilities you choose will affect the way in which you play the game, which equates to near infinite replay value. Personally, I have played through this game probably 6 six times, logging on average over 50 hours of gameplay each turn. Every time you play, you find something new in the game. It is so vast and even the DLC is worth buying (especially point lookout). There is so much to this game and the plot that it is mind blowing. I won't give away any spoilers, but check out literally every vault that you can find. Each one has it's own story. I could not recommend this game more. Just be careful - when you start playing, you will not stop for hours and hours. Fantastic. Get Fallout New Vegas as well. It updated a lot and made things a bit more difficult and allows crafting of certain items and chems. Expand
  23. Nov 6, 2013
    This is one of the most fun experiences I've played in a while. For one, this game is set in a post-apocalyptic time era, and Bethesda pulls it off better than i expected. The way it played out really made you feel like you, specifically, were the one trying to survive, making you very careful with how you use your limited equipment. And in a game where it's not so difficult to die, youThis is one of the most fun experiences I've played in a while. For one, this game is set in a post-apocalyptic time era, and Bethesda pulls it off better than i expected. The way it played out really made you feel like you, specifically, were the one trying to survive, making you very careful with how you use your limited equipment. And in a game where it's not so difficult to die, you can't just run around like an overpowered god like in other games. This along with the barren environments and city ruins you'll be walking through, fighting off oversized bugs and animals, large beasts known as Super Mutants, Centaurs (not man-horse breed, but things that i can only describe as mutated what-the-F***s) and sadistic survivalists who wish to make your life a living hell, all work together to build a realistic idea of what America would be after a nuclear war breaks out. This game takes place in a 1950's view of the nuclear future, which factors into the presentation of it, including shiny futuristic cars and a jolly radio station that plays 50s music.

I actually want to take time to admire the radio station. It is run by a DJ who calls himself Three Dog. He's energetic, exciting, and he is the voice of the Capital Wastelands that you will be roaming. He is who summarizes to you, the gamer, what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong. He can either make you feel like an awful human being or a heroic inspiration to civilization. On top of that, the music that he plays for you and everyone else is a selection of cheerful music from the 1950's. Some might find this soundtrack as inappropriate for the mood of the game, but i find it to be brilliant. Think about it: if you were walking through a land of death trying to survive, wouldn't you want to listen to something that lightens the mood and takes your mind off of the loneliness of it all?

The story is of an individual, you, who escapes from his Vault (large underground bunker) to search for his dad who left without a trace. The storytelling of this game is immersive, getting you attached to characters within 15 minutes of meeting them. The twists and turns of this game are cinematic and exciting, and it has a few unforgettable moments. Throughout the game, you can make choices that can determined how you are viewed or approached, and you can be the deciding factor of what happens to certain settlements. No need to say you can play an important role in a large majority of the world. Despite the fact that this game has an array of choices you can choose from and many ways you can go about situations, the story and the ending don't really change for you, which takes away from the feeling that you do have control of your surroundings, but i don't mind, as the story is good anyways. Not to mention, even though there are many side missions you can partake in, and even though the open world is massive and with many places to discover, the game's story only takes about twenty hours to get through, which truly disappointed me.

There were some things that could have been improved about the gameplay. For one, this game gives you the option to view yourself in third person, but seeing as not only does your characters animation look sloppy when running and jumping and moving in general, and that it makes aiming at something a lot more difficult, you'd be spending most, if not all, of your time in first person anyways. It's a waste of a button that could've been put to better use. Speaking of aiming, while you can aim at enemies yourself, there's also a VATS system, which means the game will aim and attack for you. During melee fighting, this is a blessing, but when using a long ranged weapon or fire arm, depending on your ranks in these areas of combat, the VATS will just be a waste time.

The leveling up system is easy enough. Each time you level up, you get to chose what skills to improve on. If you realize you want more money or want to be a talker rather than a fighter, you could put more ranks in Barter and Speech. In comparison, if you want to raise hell and beat everyone you meet to a bloody pulp, you could put the ranks into Melee, Unarmed, Small Guns, etc. There are other useful ranks and it really gets you to think about what is most important to you and how you want to play, again adding on to the fact that you are not an overpowered god.

In conclusion, this is a game that everyone should play or at least attempt to play once. It's an experience you won't find in any other game. Is it a perfect game? No. But the flaws it carries don't take away from the overall enjoyment of it.
  24. Nov 20, 2013
    Oh. My. God. Fallout 3 is an absolutely phenomenal game, I love it so damn much. It's definitely in my top 10 games ever. If you like RPGs, then get this game, if you like GAMES, then GET. THIS. GAME. Stop reading my review (if anyone is even reading this...) and go play Fallout 3!
  25. Nov 21, 2013
    I highly recommend you pick the GOTY right now, it's that good! The story follows a vault dweller who is growing up in a Vault, because of the atomic bombing that China did to the United States in 2077. Now it's 2277. Your father voiced by Liam Neeson decides to leave the vault, something that no one ever does as the vault is supposed to be permanently shut. However, your character choosesI highly recommend you pick the GOTY right now, it's that good! The story follows a vault dweller who is growing up in a Vault, because of the atomic bombing that China did to the United States in 2077. Now it's 2277. Your father voiced by Liam Neeson decides to leave the vault, something that no one ever does as the vault is supposed to be permanently shut. However, your character chooses to follow him. Not exactly sure where to go. you go to the nearest town Megaton to find some clues. This is where the game really get's started as you are thrown in the post apocalyptic wasteland. There is hundreds of hours of content in this game to keep anyone interested. This game has a very 30-40s vibe and the music on your pipboy fits this game perfectly! There are all kinds of strange creatures, people, places, and weapons to keep anyone satisfied. This game does have its problems though, it can crash at any time and pretty often too. Some things just maybe won't trigger for a quest, making it impossible to complete and that can get pretty annoying. Overall this game is great! I suggest everyone give this game a try it will really be worth your time. Expand
  26. Dec 23, 2013
    Fallout 3 is an action packed role playing game that never leaves the player bored. With the new cinematic way of combat (V.A.T.S) fighting off feral ghouls never gets old. The quests are always new and fun to complete and the weapons are always fun to use, and destructive. This is the best game I have ever played and I hope you play it as well, if you don't, well your missing out on theFallout 3 is an action packed role playing game that never leaves the player bored. With the new cinematic way of combat (V.A.T.S) fighting off feral ghouls never gets old. The quests are always new and fun to complete and the weapons are always fun to use, and destructive. This is the best game I have ever played and I hope you play it as well, if you don't, well your missing out on the best game ever. Expand
  27. Jul 26, 2014
    This game's big, and it will last you a long time in playability. For me though it felt like Oblivion in a lot of ways. Gameplay, graphics, and the leveling system in general feel like Oblivion. Yes, Fallout 3 is set in a wasteland, but I was disappointed because both games don't seem to far apart. The game runs the successful formula, but for me it offered nothing new and not a lot of innovation.
  28. Dec 31, 2013
    Okay, we all know Fallout 3's clunky combat isn't the best, but if you look at the rest of the game, WOW. Fallout 3 is truly an amazing and beautiful game that can be revisited tons and tons of times. The RPG elements are heavy and your choices matter, the characters are interesting, the leveling system is complex, the sound design is mysterious, this game is an experience you have to see.Okay, we all know Fallout 3's clunky combat isn't the best, but if you look at the rest of the game, WOW. Fallout 3 is truly an amazing and beautiful game that can be revisited tons and tons of times. The RPG elements are heavy and your choices matter, the characters are interesting, the leveling system is complex, the sound design is mysterious, this game is an experience you have to see.

Fallout 3 gets 9.8/10
  29. Jan 2, 2014
    This game, is one of the best games ive ever played. The intricate backstory and the development of your character throughout the game is amazing. However, it lets itself down because its glitchy, and its weapon targettings a little off.
  30. Jan 6, 2014
    One of my favorites SSOOOOO good anyone who gives this game a bad rating doesn't understand gaming. One of the best rpg ever made the world was by far the most fun to explore bethesda makes me horny
  31. Jan 19, 2014
    For me Fallout 3 is the best game available on 360, it is so immersive and chock full of surprises. The setting is fantastic and the surrounding of 50s style propaganda really adds to the games character. There is a vast amount of fun weaponry and ways to use them, the character building is top notch with some very fun and interesting perks. The world is full of wonderful characters (theFor me Fallout 3 is the best game available on 360, it is so immersive and chock full of surprises. The setting is fantastic and the surrounding of 50s style propaganda really adds to the games character. There is a vast amount of fun weaponry and ways to use them, the character building is top notch with some very fun and interesting perks. The world is full of wonderful characters (the "super heroes" at war with each other using giant ants and robots spring to mind) with many problems across the game world that need sorting, it's the exploration that really makes this game, there are some very interesting buildings around that can really come in useful while some serve as sheds for plungers and lead pipes. The main story is good and gripping but the same could be said about the majority of side quests. This game is excellent, the standard by which all other games should be striving to achieve, It gets my 2008 game of the year and also stands as my game of the generation. Expand
  32. Jan 13, 2014
    This is a great game. Whether you play all day or just 3 hours it is still a great game you will fall in love with. This game can help you get through hard times.
  33. Feb 14, 2015
    I'm not one of those guys who just throws around 10's. As someone who has gotten the full 100% on this game, I can say that it truly is one of the best games ever made. Fallout 1 and 2 had the old isometric, top down rpg style. These games were great, amazing even, but they weren't like this. This game defined what a western rpg can really be. From the depressing to the utterly hilarious,I'm not one of those guys who just throws around 10's. As someone who has gotten the full 100% on this game, I can say that it truly is one of the best games ever made. Fallout 1 and 2 had the old isometric, top down rpg style. These games were great, amazing even, but they weren't like this. This game defined what a western rpg can really be. From the depressing to the utterly hilarious, to the incredibly rewarding feeling of leveling yourself up from a nobody to a walking wall of death, everything about this game is just done perfectly. Expand
  34. Nov 26, 2015
    If you buy Fallout 4 for XB1 after 10 days you get a code to redeem this game for free, as part of the backwards compatible 360 games for XB1.

I love Fallout 4 for XB1, but getting Fallout 3 for free 10 days later just puts it over the top. Just more Bethsaida open world, rpg, post apocalyptic game to love. If you love these types of games you will love Fallout. A perfect series to

Just more Bethsaida open world, rpg, post apocalyptic game to love. If you love these types of games you will love Fallout. A perfect series to keep you busy as you wait for the next Elder Scrolls installment for XbI.
  35. Mar 13, 2014
    Easily my favorite game of all time along with Fallout New Vegas!!!Provided me with hours and hours of immersive enjoyment. I just can't give it a 10 though because of all the glitches but everyone should try this game!It may take a while to get into it but once you do you can't put down the controller down!
  36. Apr 22, 2014
    I fell in love with fallout the second i started playing. Fallout does everything right that a post apocalyptic game should. The game does have its instances of morbid humor that maybe the more messed up person enjoy (I am that person). The game offers up to over 200+ hours if you're like me and enjoy just walking around and trying to get everything in the game. I can recommend this to anyI fell in love with fallout the second i started playing. Fallout does everything right that a post apocalyptic game should. The game does have its instances of morbid humor that maybe the more messed up person enjoy (I am that person). The game offers up to over 200+ hours if you're like me and enjoy just walking around and trying to get everything in the game. I can recommend this to any RPG fan as the game does very well. The game is perfect if you own all the dlcs which you can get in the game of the year edition which goes for around $15 at Gamestop. Just pop that bad boy in and let the slaughter of Enclave and super mutants begin (Recommend the bloody mess perk for a good laugh). The game isn't just fun it's very beautiful to look at, the visuals are stunning and even the depressing sea of brown and destroyed buildings still leaves me in awe. Weather you're good or evil the choice is yours. Help a town out or murder its residents and take the loot you earn for yourself, but be warned you don't want to mess with the wrong people. Or you might find yourself dying quite often. If your a fan of the RPG genre or a fan of post apocalyptic genre I can recommend this game %100. Now sit back relax and open up nice cold Nuka-Cola. Expand
  37. May 11, 2014
    If Bethesda had taken the easy route, 'like Oblivion with guns', this would be a solid game well worth the $60. But, Todd Howard and Bethesda chose to innovate, and bring the Fallout license to the next level. The complete sense of emptiness and despair isn't video game-y. It feels like post-apocalyptia. Sure, there might not be any grand vistas or mountain ranges like Fallout's successor,If Bethesda had taken the easy route, 'like Oblivion with guns', this would be a solid game well worth the $60. But, Todd Howard and Bethesda chose to innovate, and bring the Fallout license to the next level. The complete sense of emptiness and despair isn't video game-y. It feels like post-apocalyptia. Sure, there might not be any grand vistas or mountain ranges like Fallout's successor, Skyrim, but nuclear bombs desecrated the land not two centuries before! This doesn't feel like a video game. It feels real. Granted, the voices are samey, and V.A.T.S. does get monotonous after a few hours, and glitches that break immersion are a part of the deal, but with a Super Mutant with a Gatling laser following me, I couldn't care less. Expand
  38. Jun 7, 2014
    *..a sublime game, rich and deep.*

Fallout 3 remains one of my favourite games of all time, set in a post apocalyptic world you are the would be hero or murderer of hundreds of people and creatures. This is a free-roam game where you decide where to go and what missions to complete. And is in my opinion the finest example yet made. To say this game is big would be an understatement!
    *..a sublime game, rich and deep.*

To say this game is big would be an understatement! The world spans a huge wasteland with further expansions available through purchase.

In some ways this is like Oblivion, in the sense you build up your character and take your own chosen path. But this is where the similarity ends. Whereas it takes a huge amount of time an energy to expand a character in Oblivion and to progress, Fallout is much more arcade style - quick and dirty!

With this in mind, it is a shame that Fallout 3 starts off so slow. Leaving you with that ebbing feeling of slow, painful gameplay. Far from it, turns out the first 20 minutes of the game is all about creating your character from birth to the current state, picking skills, traits and the start of your evil, good or don't give a dam path.

Once through the section the world is your oyster, pick a path and try your luck!! When it comes to missions and locations, they are almost endless. There are a huge amount of side missions with lots of "easter egg" type outcomes or locations, so many i'm not sure if I have ever found everything there is to do.

The weapons array is vast, from fists, to clubs, to WOMD's! (If you can find them) The only limit you have is a weight limit on your character which can be expanded or extra items stashed away in a safe house or hidden caches.

If you have always thought RPG's are slow, dice rolling type games. Think again, Fallout 3 delivers on all fronts and will keep you coming back again and again for months, if not years. Pick this game up in a bargain bin or cheap online and you will not regret your choice.

On a side note, the music in Fallout 3 is eccentric but will have you humming the tunes and tapping your toes like a good time gal of the 40's in no time...
    As other have said, a masterpiece of goodness.
  39. Jun 8, 2014
    Fallout 3 is one of the greatest open world RPGs on the Xbox 360. With a vast, explore-able, post-apocalyptic Washington D.C., and a handful of memorable moments for you to uncover yourself, Fallout 3 is a must own. The DLCs are for the most part worth it, the game does not hold your hand through every section, and you can play it and enjoy what it offers without even doing a single story quest.
  40. Jul 2, 2014
    I'll start by saying that if you liked Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim, Then you might like this as it was created by the same company. Anyway the game is an open world game based in a wasteland. The first time you see the massive area that you get to explore you will be shocked. With a good story and plenty of side quests, You will spend a load of time on this game. No matter whichI'll start by saying that if you liked Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim, Then you might like this as it was created by the same company. Anyway the game is an open world game based in a wasteland. The first time you see the massive area that you get to explore you will be shocked. With a good story and plenty of side quests, You will spend a load of time on this game. No matter which direction you decide to go, You will find something, It could be a destroyed building, a house, a sewer, etc. With plenty of perks to choose from once you level up and all kinds of enemy's to kill. Random events occur which could be simple like someone trying to rob you or give you a quest. Loads of weapons to use, Ranging from a pistol to plasma laser. Overall this game is one of the best games i have played. I have played since it was first released and went back to it plenty of times. This is my favourite game of all time. Expand
  41. Jul 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nothing says I love you than placing a grenade in someone's back pocket and watching them explode.

Fallout 3 is by far THE BEST game I have played, one of my personal favourites that I have played and completed a numerous amount of times!

You start off as a baby down in vault 101, sadly your mother dies not long after she gives birth to you. (All aboard the feels trip). James (Your father) leaves the vault when you grow up. The immediate thought is "what a complete **** but he leaves for the right reasons, so your job is to escape the vault yourself and go looking for your dad!

Sounds simple enough? Nope... When you leave the vault you see yourself surrounded by a complete wasteland which stinks to high heavens of radiation in most parts, due to the "nuclear apocalypse".

Fallout 3 takes place in the year 2277, it's a post apocalyptic sci-fi action role-playing open world game. It has multiple DLC's too, like that doesn't sound good enough right?

Even though it's in the future, it still seems like an early 1950's era.

There is so much to do in this game, from pickpocketing people, breaking into people homes stealing their supply of food or you can be a good person and leave their stuff alone, either way, it will effect your karma.

Karma plays a huge roll in this game, if you steal from somebody, break into their apartment, lock-pick safes that you're not supposed to, you will get bad Karma from doing so. However... If you're being a little **** on the game there is always ways to get your karma towards the good side! This does not mean pleasuring a homeless man for a bottle of water... It certainly doesn't mean that at all...

The life you pursue in the game has its advantages and disadvantages. Be careful what you do and how you do it, killing someone for their clothes is an acceptable excuse.

If you haven't played it, get to it! You're missing out on such a huge fantastic game Bethesda has to offer!

10/10. (Think I might go and play some of it now!)
  42. Aug 6, 2014
    Fallout 3 is an unforgettable experience. The setting of Fallout 3 is very unique, I haven't seen anything like it at all; it's a post-apocalyptic world set in Washington D.C. and other parts of the east. It does a very good job with the environment such as abandoned buildings, towns, and national monuments. There is so much to explore, and it's exciting to discover new places to scavengeFallout 3 is an unforgettable experience. The setting of Fallout 3 is very unique, I haven't seen anything like it at all; it's a post-apocalyptic world set in Washington D.C. and other parts of the east. It does a very good job with the environment such as abandoned buildings, towns, and national monuments. There is so much to explore, and it's exciting to discover new places to scavenge weapons, armour, and necessities that are needed to survival. The missions are fun and exciting and the characters you meet along the way are great in their own way. The combat system works great, and I haven't seen it in another game. The leveling system is great also with many skills to increase and perks to choose rom to make your character more powerful. Fallout 3 is an amazing adventure, and it's a must play. Expand
  43. Jan 16, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I playing Oblivion and Skyrim and falling in unashamedly falling in love with them both, I heard about their Bethesda sibling, Fallout 3. It was allegedly a game with a big reputation, and being made by Bethesda, I knew I would one day have to buy it, despite not being particularly partial to shooting / action games.
    Fallout 3 is of course far from being an all out blaster, and involves plenty of exploration and variation in its quests. The game backgrounds are also a feast to look at; majestic, atmospheric and brilliantly drawn.
    However, despite all of this I was still ever-so-slightly let down by the game. I just couldn't quite get into it in the same way as I had with the Elder Scrolls series. While not entirely dis-similar to those games, Fallout 3 feels like the slightly inferior distant cousin that you never quite got on with (?!).
    Graphic backdrops may be superb, but foreground objects that litter the game, such as shopping trolleys, rubble, boxes etc etc are often poorly drawn and blocky. Character animations could also have been better. Quests are a little repetitive and and the fighting sequences are often frustrating and not particularly imaginative, despite the addition of a specialized slo-mo style combat system.
    Overall, I found myself pleasantly occupied for quite a few days by this more than competent game, but I was never particularly immersed in it. I have since put in down and found myself with little urge to pick up where I left off.
    A decent but thoroughly over-rated game. Buy Skyrim instead!
  44. Sep 25, 2014
    This game is the best role-playing game ever, in my opinion. This game has the perfect blend of story, gameplay, atmosphere, weapons, characters, etc., and it also is a huge landmark for Bethesda, because the company was hardly even noticed until this came out, and helped with some of their biggest games like Skyrim. I do hope that their next Fallout will be will take a lot of hints fromThis game is the best role-playing game ever, in my opinion. This game has the perfect blend of story, gameplay, atmosphere, weapons, characters, etc., and it also is a huge landmark for Bethesda, because the company was hardly even noticed until this came out, and helped with some of their biggest games like Skyrim. I do hope that their next Fallout will be will take a lot of hints from 3, and even a few from New Vegas, if the do then I think that Fallout 4 will be the best role-playing game to date, and this, should obviously help. Expand
  45. Nov 1, 2014
    Fallout3 is my favourite video game of all-time. It is an amazing experience with an awesome DLC and great character voice over. Sure there might be a few graphical errors, but the gameplay definitely makes up for it. A ten out of ten score from me. No question about it.
  46. Nov 7, 2014
    This game is the most overrated of all time. This game is awful. It is an empty mess with no direction. The first 20 minutes of the game are playable, but the rest is just a bore and a mess.
    The game is empty. There is nothing in it. Like Skyrim, the story is boring and driven by doing mindless story tasks for some random NPC that you talk to.
    Press A a bunch of times, scroll through the
    Press A a bunch of times, scroll through the boring text, find out you have to talk to some other dude, walk halfway across a completely empty, completely thoughtless, completely boring map to find some other random NPC so you can unlock a silly story mission so you can talk to some more boring people.
    It is a very dull game. It gets huge praise because of its silly illusion that you are a survivor in this giant open world. But the open world is empty! There is nothing to do in it. Boring task, that's all that's in it. Boring tasks that detract from the game feel, detract from the characters and even the story!
    And the gameplay is nothing short of a insult to what the game is. Take a terrible game, make it a first person shooter and that's how you complete the turd trifecta.
    I can see why people would find this game "interesting" but a First Person Shooter with no charm and no innovative features that make it feel worth playing, in an empty world, boring NPCs and even dull graphics doesn't sound like a good time to me.
    Game of the Decade? Please. Sit down turn on this that you love so much and run around with a gun in a that empty world and accept that one boring task from that ugly NPC that you skipped because you thought it was boring and then tell me its a good game.
    This is not what a good game is.
  47. Nov 15, 2014
    Quick Review:
    Atmosphere: 9/10
    Game play mechanics: 7/10 Replay value: Moderate Overall Review: Fawkes good I'm going to start by saying I. Adore. This. Game. That being said, let me start. There are a few things that make this game a 9/10 for me. The thing that truly sells Fallout 3 for me is its beautiful atmosphere. I remember when I first walked into the crumbling and rotting
    Quick Review:
    Atmosphere: 9/10
    Game play mechanics: 7/10
    Replay value: Moderate
    Overall Review: Fawkes good

I'm going to start by saying I. Adore. This. Game. That being said, let me start. There are a few things that make this game a 9/10 for me. The thing that truly sells Fallout 3 for me is its beautiful atmosphere. I remember when I first walked into the crumbling and rotting ruins of DC, and it blew my f'ing mind. I cannot have more praise for the landscape of the game, I think I spent more time just wandering around than I did anything else. Another great thing about the game is that it will keep you busy. With 59 quests (main, side and repeatable) in the main game, and with the DLC adding 35 more, you'll get you money worth from this game. I did all of them, and loved every second of it. No game is perfect though. The skill system can make the game slightly difficult at first, and fairly easy once you've reached the level cap. To me, though, this wasn't an issue. It just made the game seem a little more realistic. There's no true iron sights (you cannot look down the barrel of the gun), so if something like that really bothers you, sorry. There is a targeting system in place, making aiming slightly easier, though it momentarily pauses in game action and has been known to glitch. Speaking of which there are, of course, glitches (some of which cause you to turn your system off and back on again). The game freezes occasionally, so save often. Along with that, there's little character development with side characters. In a game like this, it didn't bother me, but knowing more would have been nice. Overall, I adore this game, and highly recommend it to anyone who's an RPG veteran or just wanting to try out the genre.
  48. Dec 11, 2014
    It's the best game I've ever played, I will spoil nothing, no matter who you are, or what type of games you like, it is worth getting, just get game of the year edition if you do,
  49. Feb 5, 2015
    Fallout 3 How i adore thee still a great game even with all your technical problems. My question to you is. Will bethesda ever hire great programers? Caz they know how to make great rpgs. Or maybe they could atleast keep them in development until somebody play tests them? I know i know they're complicated games well so is my brain.
  50. May 27, 2015
    Once again Bethesda the masterpiece maker has once again made another masterpiece: Fallout 3. This is the ultimate post-apocalyptic game, it's scary, intense and a lot like Mad Max. The only flaw I noticed was it's annoying difficulty, it got pretty hard sometimes. I really love how Fallout 3 is super realistic, I felt like an actual survivor in an apocalypse, scavenging items for yourOnce again Bethesda the masterpiece maker has once again made another masterpiece: Fallout 3. This is the ultimate post-apocalyptic game, it's scary, intense and a lot like Mad Max. The only flaw I noticed was it's annoying difficulty, it got pretty hard sometimes. I really love how Fallout 3 is super realistic, I felt like an actual survivor in an apocalypse, scavenging items for your survival. You will need weaponry, food, aid kits and plenty more things to survive in the unforgiving radioactive wasteland. Buy this game. Expand
  51. Jul 21, 2015
    I love this game I have put 40 hours into it without the DLC it so much fun I been staying up late just to play it. It's a must buy if you love fallout and if you are new to the fallout series.
  52. Aug 8, 2015
    The best game we can have the best experience in the open worlds games awesome guns the pipboy everything its good i wait fallout 4 with the best hopes 10!
  53. Sep 7, 2015
    Fallout 3 is An odyssey into A nightmarish reality in which Mankind's worst fear has been realized-Nuclear annihilation.This reality is set into the future,but with A 1950's motif where America fights A continued World War 2 ultimately against the Chinese.The American transition to Nuclear power puts A stranglehold on the Chinese as they grow ever desperate for Oil to fuel theirFallout 3 is An odyssey into A nightmarish reality in which Mankind's worst fear has been realized-Nuclear annihilation.This reality is set into the future,but with A 1950's motif where America fights A continued World War 2 ultimately against the Chinese.The American transition to Nuclear power puts A stranglehold on the Chinese as they grow ever desperate for Oil to fuel their Civilization and military campaign eventually invading Alaska and getting repelled back.After A small time of continuous peace the Chinese start World War 3.Those lucky enough to make it to Nuclear safe enclosure called 'Vaults' stay safe for several generations as the rest die whether from the initial blasts or radiation poisoning that was to come.200 Years later,you assume A role of A Son of An important Scientist in Vault 101 in what is now known as the Capital Wasteland.The game is essentially in first person,but thanks to V.A.T.S. (Vaulttec Assisted Targeting System) you can zoom in and depend on your weapon and skills of said weapon you can predict A particular shot with stunning effects.Your P.I.P. Boy is your ultimate guide and reference to everything in the world including yourself.The main quest is looking for your disappeared Father,however you will discover all kinds of side quests that will divert you for hours and hours on end.There is so much to d and explore it literally feels like you're actually experiencing all this for yourself.You meet new Allies,enemies and gain abilities to survive in A unforgiving world and you will shape the future of this land like any that has come before you or since.Can you survive the Wasteland Vault Dweller?We'll see. Expand
  54. Nov 5, 2015
    Sure, the graphics maybe outdated, but Fallout 3 makes up for the best gaming experience still till this day.

On the side note, please get Fallout 3: Game of Year edition for hours of your post-apocalyptic journey of the Capital Wasteland. Where do I start with this game? Fallout's combat system is really solid, if you're familiar with Oblivion imagine you can pause the fight, and pin-point attacks by using this unique mechanic called, "V.A.T.S."

I would gladly summarize the game's story, but luckily, I'm not that type of person. Please check Fallout 3. I highly recommend it.
  55. Nov 19, 2015
    While Fallout 3 was a fun game and a nice "Elder Scrolls" approach to the Fallout series, I still felt like I was playing "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with Guns." Don't get me wrong, "Oblivion with Guns" is a fantastic concept, but much of the game's mechanics are derived from a game I already played in 2005 (Oblivion), so to say Fallout 3 was innovating the industry would be ignoringWhile Fallout 3 was a fun game and a nice "Elder Scrolls" approach to the Fallout series, I still felt like I was playing "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with Guns." Don't get me wrong, "Oblivion with Guns" is a fantastic concept, but much of the game's mechanics are derived from a game I already played in 2005 (Oblivion), so to say Fallout 3 was innovating the industry would be ignoring history. Many of my friends who believed Fallout 3 was a revolution never played Oblivion. Many of my friends who believed Skyrim was a revolution never played Oblivion. The Fallout 3 experience was not a ground-breaking one for me. Was it fun? Of course. Was it ground-breaking? Not at all. Expand
  56. Nov 28, 2015
    Blah. Slow movement. Clunky interface. Feels like a game out of the past. I couldn't handle how slow it moved - the story, the action, the movement. It's simply a plodding hulk of a game, like most Bethesda games. Could not recommend, even if you have hundreds of hours on your hand, they would be better spent playing several different video games than this single bloated fat man of a game.
  57. Jan 6, 2016
    About a decade after it was released, Fallout 3 is still one of the most fun, immersive video games ever produced -- a terrific blend of role-playing games, open world adventures and first-person shooters in a beautifully-realized post-apocalyptic setting. It is easy to get the hang of and incredibly addicting once you do.

There's a pretty compelling main storyline but as in the best

There's a pretty compelling main storyline but as in the best open world games, you can also just explore and generally dick around without incurring any penalty if you'd rather do that. The gameplay mechanics, especially the "VATS" combat system, are fun and the writing and voice acting are solid. There's all manner of amusing, eccentric characters to meet and several fearsome badguys to fight. You gotta love that wacky, old-time music on the radio too.

The Washington, DC setting is a great part of it. It allows for some truly stunning visuals as you explore the national mall and this apparently sparked some really clever writing in the storylines as well.

As a resident of the D.C. metro area, I have a particular love for it. Holding off hordes of badguys is especially fun when you realize you are literally standing in your own backyard. Including a cool DLC adventure set in what was obviously inspired by Maryland's eastern shore, where I used to live, is just the icing on the cake.

There are some downsides. The graphics are still good but the animation sometimes shows its age and odd glitches happen periodically. While the game's DC wasteland is appropriately stark and eerie for a post-apocalyptic world, the fact that pretty much everywhere in the game uses the same desaturated grey-green color palette does wear on you after a while. And while the game starts off pretty challenging, it gets progressively easier as your character levels up and develops a fearsome arsenal of weapons and high-tech armor, ultimately draining some of the fun.

Still, this is an essential part of any gamer's library.
  58. Jan 15, 2016
    Play this game in 2016, and what i have been missing. An awesome game and with the dlc´s a long and very good one.

Everything you can want in an action/adventure/fps game
  59. Jun 7, 2016
    When this game came out, it was better than sex. Seriously, I played through this game literally 9 times and only cheated once so that I could get the Experimental MIRV early in the game for... an experiment. This game was like sex, except I had it.

1. Fallout 3 is an experience in itself, and while it may not offer as much replay value as Oblivion, it’s so much more then an “Oblivion with guns”.
    From the hollow wind blowing down through subway tunnels, to the radioactive dust clouds swirling throughout the wasteland, up to the buzzards circling the encampment where the bodies of 30 slave traders lie; Fallout 3 is as much a game as it is a training sim for the coming apocalypse.
  3. In fact, Fallout 3 is leaner and meaner than Bethesda's previous efforts, less expansive but more intense, while still offering immense replay value and quite a few thrills along the way.