Fallout 3 Xbox 360

8.5

1. [anonymous]
    Jan 20, 2010
    You must get the GOTY edition with the DLC to enjoy this game!!! I could see this game being an 8 or 9 without the DLC, but with the level cap raised, and other missions. this is my favorite game of all time!!
  2. Apr 27, 2011
    If you liked Oblivion you will fall in love with this masterpiece. Trying to follow your missing dad ,stuff gets more interesting and almost impossible to finish the game , simply because you just want to explore Washington completely. There are a lot of weapons but limited ammo , radiated water , hordes of creatures and mutants , rider making it hard and struggling to survive in thisIf you liked Oblivion you will fall in love with this masterpiece. Trying to follow your missing dad ,stuff gets more interesting and almost impossible to finish the game , simply because you just want to explore Washington completely. There are a lot of weapons but limited ammo , radiated water , hordes of creatures and mutants , rider making it hard and struggling to survive in this wicked dangerous world. Cool graphics , cool environment , desolated city etc. Great ambient sound effect. This is a totally pick for RPG fans Expand
  3. THATGAMINGGUY
    Oct 30, 2008
    Being a fan of the old PC Fallouts, and not being a big fan of Bethesda's Oblivion, I went into this game with a naive expectation for game of the year. And yeah, it came kinda close. First of all, it may not seem so for the first few hours, but eventually F3 turns into a very compelling and satisfying story, with a surprising flavor of a FInal Fantasy 7 or 8, mixed it. On the other Being a fan of the old PC Fallouts, and not being a big fan of Bethesda's Oblivion, I went into this game with a naive expectation for game of the year. And yeah, it came kinda close. First of all, it may not seem so for the first few hours, but eventually F3 turns into a very compelling and satisfying story, with a surprising flavor of a FInal Fantasy 7 or 8, mixed it. On the other hand, the fact that the main character (you) don't ever speak a word (hello 1993 rpg?) but everyone else does, kind of shoots the game in the foot a bit, taking away from it's direction a being a memorable personal story (please see Mass Effect on how this is done right). Aside from this, the sandbox gaming is on GTA IV level of fun, definitely a highlight of what this game is about. Exploring, scavenging, etc. The karma (good v evil) system is cool, but still a step behind Mass Effect. There's tons of glitches, more than enough to make this fall into the "feels like a 90s pc game" category. But not enough to make me dislike the game. It's a ton of fun. And for all it's flaws, it is still very impressive and addictive as hell. Oblivion with guns? Yes, but that's exactly what it needed to be. Expand
  4. Oct 8, 2010
    Loved this game. preordered it and awaited its arrival. loved it straight away. i've replayed it more than oblivion, i find it easier to take off from where i left it than oblivion where i feel i have to start a new character. rather than fast travel i wish there was the option of some sort of vehicle to pilot but i guess the terrain in the game would not be able to support this. i likeLoved this game. preordered it and awaited its arrival. loved it straight away. i've replayed it more than oblivion, i find it easier to take off from where i left it than oblivion where i feel i have to start a new character. rather than fast travel i wish there was the option of some sort of vehicle to pilot but i guess the terrain in the game would not be able to support this. i like the fact you can spend hours walking. see things in the distance and travel towards them and the level of if i can say "realism" in that travel from A to B of the obstacles you might encounter in between. Expand
  5. Jun 1, 2011
    This game will draw you in and never let you go if you let it. It's post apocolyptic setting mixed with it's unique cast of characters, stellar soundtrack and interesting locations and missions and you have one of the best settings in video games. If you love post apocolyptic settings, 1950's American culture, salvaging and character customization, this is your game.
  6. MatthewM
    Oct 30, 2008
    This game is basically Fallout meets Oblivion. It's gorgeous, control is decent, upgrades are substantial, story is intriguing. It is definitely well in line with the Fallout of my youth. However, I always get bored of Elder Scrolls games and am already starting to feel that wanderlust.
  7. DanielT
    Jan 6, 2010
    Um... What the hell? I really, really don't see why anyone would call this game boring and the shooting element bland. If this is boring, then why play great shooters like Modern Warfare 2 at all? Anyways, to the point of my review score - 10/10 - One word: CHOICE. Not even Mass Effect (which hurts me to say) has the impact of decisions that you make; we have to wait for ME2. Playing Um... What the hell? I really, really don't see why anyone would call this game boring and the shooting element bland. If this is boring, then why play great shooters like Modern Warfare 2 at all? Anyways, to the point of my review score - 10/10 - One word: CHOICE. Not even Mass Effect (which hurts me to say) has the impact of decisions that you make; we have to wait for ME2. Playing through the first time on the Hero morality took me several weeks to beat, at which point I was greatly dissapointed by the ending...until Bethesda came out with Broken Steel, and renewed my love for this game. If you "hate" this game, don't play it and say bad things about and, in turn, have it defended by the actual gamers. -Number 3 on my list- Expand
  8. Jakkers
    Oct 31, 2008
    After a half dozen hours in this game, I can safely say it's straight up more fun than Oblivion or Mass Effect. So far the only thing bothering me is the touchy walking animations - just not as crisp as in a standard fps, and it works to somewhat take you out of the experience. Besides that, fantastic game so far. 9.5/10.
  9. Tom
    Oct 30, 2008
    As a fan of the original Fallout series I was worried but am relieved to say that this is an incredible game. It truly makes you feel like you are a scavenger in a post apocalyptic world.
  10. RowanF
    Apr 9, 2009
    I've never really been much of a fan of the RPG genre. However, when I played Fallout 3... It... To use a quote from the add that i'm occasionally glancing at whilst writing this: It put a smile on my face. In fact I would go so far to say that if... Yes, I'm going to say it: If you don't like Fallout 3 then you should be thrown into the bottomless pit of hellfire. The I've never really been much of a fan of the RPG genre. However, when I played Fallout 3... It... To use a quote from the add that i'm occasionally glancing at whilst writing this: It put a smile on my face. In fact I would go so far to say that if... Yes, I'm going to say it: If you don't like Fallout 3 then you should be thrown into the bottomless pit of hellfire. The graphics are stunning, the locations the biggest I've seen amongst games and the load times the shortest. The sheer ingenuity and imagination that has been put into the game is astounding. As opposed to games like far cry 2 where the mission variety ranged from 'go here and destroy this' to... well... 'go here and destroy this', fallout 3 has you recovering the declaration of independence from an android who thinks he's a president in between helping a village based on a half-collapsed freeway rid themselves of the local vampire cult. And, while you might think that in a game where everything is so incredibly imaginative and well thought out there might be many flaws and a very short playtime, the entire game feels solid and problem free, with the exception of a few harmless, and often hilarious, glitches. And in fact, I've colcked up ver 60 hours of gameplay so far and there's stil tonnes i ahvent done. In short, almost every single part of this game is perfect. It is, if you like, an ingenious angel sent from heaven in a time of four-hours-long dull monotonous games. Expand
  11. DaveW.
    Oct 24, 2008
    Masterpiece! Same format as Oblivion but very much its own game. A MUST play for any RPG fan. FPS mechanics are of a high quality as well as the visuals that are some of the best I have seen. Just a shame my 360 red lighted 9 hours in! Putting that aside Bethesda have done it again - buy it!!
  12. DuxaC.
    Oct 27, 2008
    This is the best game I have ever played.. Tutorial is genius, the world looks like id imagine a post apocalyptic world... the story is thrilling. Characters are awesome. There are some minor issues, like small pathing/animation problems.. but those can all be fixed with a small patch. And even if they never fix them, they are so minor that it doesn't matter. If you are going to buy This is the best game I have ever played.. Tutorial is genius, the world looks like id imagine a post apocalyptic world... the story is thrilling. Characters are awesome. There are some minor issues, like small pathing/animation problems.. but those can all be fixed with a small patch. And even if they never fix them, they are so minor that it doesn't matter. If you are going to buy only 1 game this holiday season.. then this is the game to get. Expand
  13. ChristianG.
    Oct 27, 2008
    This is no doubt one of the best games in history, and a front-runner for game of the year. It combines incredibly deep roleplaying with amazing combat, an astounding narrative, ridiculous amounts of freedom, an incredible atmosphere and obscene amounts of content into a cohesive whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. A game that transcends simple quality, it is simply a must play.
  14. Sep 24, 2011
    With Fallout 3 they took everything great about Oblivion and made it TEN TIMES BETTER. Not a surprise that this was awared so many GOTY rewards. Ignore the negative reviews of this MASTERPIECE, buy this game!
  15. Jan 8, 2015
    Though it's graphics are now long outdated this game is still one of my favorite games of all time. The ambiance is chilling and every aspect of this game blends together flawlessly. The story is a bit short but is is deep and supplemented with many fun side quests and cool characters. The music, enemies and creatures and npc characters are all uniquely fallout and will be hard wired intoThough it's graphics are now long outdated this game is still one of my favorite games of all time. The ambiance is chilling and every aspect of this game blends together flawlessly. The story is a bit short but is is deep and supplemented with many fun side quests and cool characters. The music, enemies and creatures and npc characters are all uniquely fallout and will be hard wired into my brain for the rest of my life. The only reason i'm not giving this gem a perfect score is because it's color shading is a bit off and it makes everything look kinda greenish and there are a few minor glitches. Do yourself a favor and go buy the GOTYE of this game now. Expand
  16. DanielS
    Oct 29, 2008
    So far this year this is the best game I have played. But there are negatives. First the good 1. Its very much like oblivion but with a way better combat system 2. Leveling system is more interesting than oblivion (u actually have to think about it as you dont want to waste your pts) 3. very immersive environment. The bad is that the after 40+ hrs i can see myself getting bored by the So far this year this is the best game I have played. But there are negatives. First the good 1. Its very much like oblivion but with a way better combat system 2. Leveling system is more interesting than oblivion (u actually have to think about it as you dont want to waste your pts) 3. very immersive environment. The bad is that the after 40+ hrs i can see myself getting bored by the post apocalpyse motiff. no variety compared to the fantasy world of oblivion. plus brown is 90% of the colors in the game. ive played about 5 hrs and just got to megaton and doing my first side mission there. all in all a great game. i recommend getting the guide. also what irks me is i picked the big guns skills but only use the small guns so far so that was a waste. also it takes a billion shots to kill anything when u are low level even headshots at point blank. Vats is not as good as was hyped to be also Expand
  17. Oct 29, 2012
    Fallout 3 masterfully creates a parallel universe for players to explore and lose dozens of hours in. No other game of this console generation comes close to offering the amount of content, freedom of choice, and level of immersion that can be found here.
  18. Sep 20, 2010
    I felt a sense of accomplishment. But then again I don't feel the need for a "100% completion score." It can be done without much hassle, though. Very fun game - I really liked Oblivion and I loved playing Fallout and Fallout 2 as a kid so that engine with that story was nice. Can't wait for New Vegas.
  19. Mar 18, 2011
    Fallout 3 is most definitely a must have for a new gamer to the XBOX 360. The basic storyline to the fallout is that you're born in Vault 101 (Can decide to male or female) where you live with your Dad (Your Mum tragically dies from child birth) and you see yourself grow up in the Vault this extends to when you're a one year old child and 18 your old teenage whens something terribleFallout 3 is most definitely a must have for a new gamer to the XBOX 360. The basic storyline to the fallout is that you're born in Vault 101 (Can decide to male or female) where you live with your Dad (Your Mum tragically dies from child birth) and you see yourself grow up in the Vault this extends to when you're a one year old child and 18 your old teenage whens something terrible happens and you need to sort things out.

I love the aspect in how you can do what ever you want in the wastelands (Basically the world of Fallout) without affecting the game storyline etc. You encounter many enemies along your journey this can extend to bugs like a Radroach and Super Mutants, the difficulty of these enemies vary on your levels and how you use your skill points effectively to create your own personal character ( S.P.E.C.I.A.L ; Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck) e.g. If your character has a high Charisma he is more likely to buy items for a low price and sell items for a high price. You can decide individual perks for character as you level up.

My final analysis on Fallout is very good, as I love how it bases your actions on real life and the consequences you will get whether they are good or bad e.g. If you kill someone in the a town, the townspeople will consider you a threat and would like you removed. The reason why I didn't give this game a 10 it is because:

1. Being addicted to certain drugs can be very annoying if you are on a battlefield in search for medicine. (Can be cured by a Doctor: which I accidentally killed =) )
    2. A minuscule and minor fault with Fallout 3 not to seem feminine or anything but i would like to see what my character looks like from the front rather than the back because I'm partial to games were you dress up your character =)

Hope you enjoy my review and buy Fallout 3!
    =D
  20. Nov 25, 2010
    This is Oblivion in the Fallout universe, don't be fooled. That said, it's not a bad thing. As usual, this game is riddled with bugs and frustrations, but overall it's definitely worth it. I put so many hours into it that I know it's worth playing through them. The story is vast and engaging, and for a single player game, it'll give you a ton of bang for your buck.
  21. Feb 4, 2011
    Fallout 3 is one of the best experiences I have ever had with a video game, the graphics are AMAZING and still highly impressive even by todays standards, voice acting is top notch, and sound effects and music are outstanding, the quests are amazing, this game has stolen over 200 hours of my life and I still want more, my only complaints are that it has some bugs and glitches, but in theFallout 3 is one of the best experiences I have ever had with a video game, the graphics are AMAZING and still highly impressive even by todays standards, voice acting is top notch, and sound effects and music are outstanding, the quests are amazing, this game has stolen over 200 hours of my life and I still want more, my only complaints are that it has some bugs and glitches, but in the end they don't hinder the experience at all, I highly recommend this game to any and all gamers, it is an adventure that must be experienced by everyone. Expand
  22. Jan 11, 2011
    perfect. the perfect game really.

anyone who says it's too short, should go play pac man. the point of the game and it's ilk is exploration.

I still play.
  23. Feb 27, 2011
    Fallout 3 offers great value for your money and rivals one of the best games of the decade Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

PROS: Lives up to the standards that made the Fallout series great. Vast in game world to explore. Rich and fulfilling RPG elements that make the game unique. Captivating world that blends the history 1950s into scifi and the idea of the future. Game play make the game outstanding.

PROS: Bad animations that can ruin the immersion of the game. Unsatisfying main quest that can drag on. p.s. Don't come in to the game expecting a FPS game or you will disappointed.
  24. Mar 6, 2011
    Yes some of the character animation isn't great - human anyway - but switching to first person view helps.
    This games has offered me more hours of entertainment than any other, and that includes some of the big titles from 2010. The open ended exploration coupled with the enemy AI make this game so exciting to play: enemies will not simply wait for you - they will come after you. There is also great variety in the gameplay, so many ways to kill or be killed.
  25. Mar 21, 2011
    After the huge disappointment that was DA:II, I needed a new game to try my hand at. I love Oblivion but wanted something a bit different. For anyone new to the series, I will say the giant post-apocalyptic world can seem a bit daunting. You'll stumble over map locations more often than you'll have them mapped out for you by a helpful NPC but that's part of the allure to this game. You canAfter the huge disappointment that was DA:II, I needed a new game to try my hand at. I love Oblivion but wanted something a bit different. For anyone new to the series, I will say the giant post-apocalyptic world can seem a bit daunting. You'll stumble over map locations more often than you'll have them mapped out for you by a helpful NPC but that's part of the allure to this game. You can just wander, scavenging what you can to keep you in caps and ammo or head out to tackle one of the various side-quests or forge ahead in the main story. Keep your Pip-Boy tuned to GNR for some ambiance and your weapon loaded. Expand
  26. Jun 30, 2011
    Fallout 3 is far one of the best games i have ever played. I have spent over 100 hours playing and I don't wish at all that I could have any of it back. One thing that makes it such a good game is that the decisions you make reflect what happens the rest of the game. There is so much stuff to do in this game that 100 hours is miniscule to the amount of time it would take to do everythingFallout 3 is far one of the best games i have ever played. I have spent over 100 hours playing and I don't wish at all that I could have any of it back. One thing that makes it such a good game is that the decisions you make reflect what happens the rest of the game. There is so much stuff to do in this game that 100 hours is miniscule to the amount of time it would take to do everything in the game. Perfect! Expand
  27. Apr 30, 2012
    Whilst Skyrim feels like a cheap, by the numbers cash-in designed for nothing more than raking in people's dollar from pre-orders, Fallout 3 (GOTY ed) is a superbly crafted game, and the effort + skill put into this top notch package is evident throughout. The main reason the game works so well is because the game's environment, and subsequent discoveries you make throughout exploring it,Whilst Skyrim feels like a cheap, by the numbers cash-in designed for nothing more than raking in people's dollar from pre-orders, Fallout 3 (GOTY ed) is a superbly crafted game, and the effort + skill put into this top notch package is evident throughout. The main reason the game works so well is because the game's environment, and subsequent discoveries you make throughout exploring it, really draw you in and submerse you with ease - the capital wasteland has so much character that you can't help but fall in love with it. Everything about the game fits and works well too, from the leveling system to the VATS combat system which, although it may take a little time to get used to, never gets old. The atmospheric terminator-esq music helps draw you in too, and a lot of the quests actually require you to keep pushing on throughout the wasteland instead of being simple fetch quests (although there are a few of those in there) - which again enhances that desire to explore further. The RPG aspect does still lack - again it's a case of there not being that much choice available (although there is still SOME choice available, more than Skyrim). But the game is no weaker for it, and a game which is all about exploration in a ruined wasteland manages to nail that right on the nose. It can be a bit buggy at times, and it can also be a tad repetitive, but overall it just works and it works superbly. Definitely one to put at the top of your shopping list. Expand
  28. Sep 16, 2011
    have never been a huge fan of the rpg genre but fallout 3 changes the way I look at rpgs this is one of the most brilliant, deep, enthralling and in depth game I have ever played. First off this game's areas just really add to the Post Apocalypse feel of the game the broken roads and destroyed buildings in the city really show how much effect the war had on the Capital Wasteland all thishave never been a huge fan of the rpg genre but fallout 3 changes the way I look at rpgs this is one of the most brilliant, deep, enthralling and in depth game I have ever played. First off this game's areas just really add to the Post Apocalypse feel of the game the broken roads and destroyed buildings in the city really show how much effect the war had on the Capital Wasteland all this gives the game a very realistic post of Apocalypse feel. The game also gives the player alot of freedom once the player progresses through first few main quests the player can do whatever he/she wants let that be roam around the capital wasteland killing people and monsters, going around discovering locations, finding sidequests, trying to find and buy weapons and or just continue on with the main quest. The game also gives the player a choice of what way the player wants to play there are 3 skills the player can choose in the start portion of the game which will allow him/her to choose his 3 top skills so the player can actually go ahead and base his combat skills on Melee Fighting, Shooting or the player can base his combat skills on the good old fashion way by his fists ofcourse by using fist gaunlets which the player can find at various locations throughtout the game. The game also has alot of perks giving the player more special abilities. On top of that there are other skills like Speech and Barter which can allow the player to avoid doing some tasks in particular quests or forcing the NPCs to pay them a larger sum for their services. There are also skills like Lockpick and Science that will allow the players lockpick locks and hack computers respectively both of these skills are necessary for some sidequests. Even though the game doesn't have that many sidequests they are also reasonably long and rewarding and all the sidequests vary in alot of different ways For example in one you will be going through the subway to kill some Fire Ants, in another one you will be going to various different places to gather research for a book someone is planning to write and in another quest you will be given a mercenary or assassin's contract to kill or assassinate people. However you can solve these quests in a number of different ways as well like for example you can force the book author to stop thinking about writing a book or you can give her false researh information, and in the mercenary contract quest you can lie to the person who hired you for killing about killing the people who were told to kill when you actually did not kill them, and turn your back on the person who gave you the contract in the first place and kill him instead. The game also has alot of enemy variety there are animals like wild dogs, bears and mole rats, monsters like the super mutants, Feral Ghouls and the Death Claws and thugs like the Raiders and there are tons of places which you can explore and some of those places have a hidden special weapon, item or armor which the player would love to get his hands on the enemy A.I leveling up scale has also been done well in this game. There is also alot of weapon variety in this game. The player can go around killing people in VATS in which the player chooses which parts of the body of the enemy to hit and each hit consumes AP points which refills after the player uses VATS that is definitely the best part about the game's combat however real time gun combat can be frustrating because of the aiming and shooting does not seem that well polished however the real time combat works fine when Melee or Unarmed weapons are being used. The game's story is good and serviceable but it could have been so much better the story started out so well and sucked me in the game than it just lost its momentum and in the end it just ended up being a war between the BoS and the Enclave over the Washington DC and the ending was really disappointing to me. The games soundtrack is a great kickback to the 1930s and 1940s I would have ever listened to those Gems if it wasn't for this game as far the Voice acting goes it is clear it was done by a small cast but they still did a good job just don't expect stellar voice acting you see in games like GTA, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect. The graphics of the game are not up to today's standards but that is still understandable considering how huge this game is. The game also has some bugs and glitches but I have not had that many crashes or any corrupt files there were bugs like slow down, texture and frame-rate pop ins from time to time and sometimes characters just disappeared or floated in thin air but that is particularly the fault of the old and dated Oblivion engine Bethesda used in this game. In the end despite its minor drawbacks Fallout 3 is great Sci-Fi post apocalypse game just waiting to reveal its dark secrets and sucking you in its world Fallout 3 is just amazing. 9.5/10. Expand
  29. Jul 3, 2012
    This is one of my all time favorite games, the story, gameplay, and sound all stand out in this title. There is so much stuff to do that you will spend well over 100 hours finishing side quests and exploring. The combat is unique to where a blend of turn based action with shooter mechanics fleshes out a new combat style. The environments are beautiful, including all the DLC which adds toThis is one of my all time favorite games, the story, gameplay, and sound all stand out in this title. There is so much stuff to do that you will spend well over 100 hours finishing side quests and exploring. The combat is unique to where a blend of turn based action with shooter mechanics fleshes out a new combat style. The environments are beautiful, including all the DLC which adds to the already massive and immersive fallout world. The VATS finishing kill cams never get old no matter how long you play. There is just so much good content in this single game that even without the DLC it will satisfy you for hour on end. The DLC is just icing on the cake. Even though its aged you should buy this game. Expand
  30. Oct 25, 2011
    An absolute essential to any gamers repertoire. If you don't have Fallout 3, then you need to go and get it ASAP. You can get the GOTY edition now for 25$ brand new. That is a huge deal. For a game that offers hundreds of hours of entertainment, that is a steal.

Go and buy Fallout 3 right now, you will not regret it.
  31. Sep 9, 2010
    A wonderfully immersive game. If you're looking for an escape from reality for a good month or so pick this game up. Sometimes while playing I became sidetracked from where I intended to go and ended up exploring a random building for hours without realizing how much time went by. The introduction of the VATS allows the player to get much more use and variation from the many differentA wonderfully immersive game. If you're looking for an escape from reality for a good month or so pick this game up. Sometimes while playing I became sidetracked from where I intended to go and ended up exploring a random building for hours without realizing how much time went by. The introduction of the VATS allows the player to get much more use and variation from the many different weapons in the game, increasing the depth of the story and the fallout world. The character development will be different for those (like myself) who played the game after all the DLC came out. I was able to level up my character evenly although it is possible to level up first as a stealthy sniper or a brutal close range melee fighter (to name just two) before leveling other attributes. Much like life, everything in this game decays over time. You will always have to fix your equipment and sometimes your companions will die and not come back. My advice is to just sit back and let the game take you where it wants to go. Collapse

1. Fallout 3 is an experience in itself, and while it may not offer as much replay value as Oblivion, it’s so much more then an “Oblivion with guns”.
    From the hollow wind blowing down through subway tunnels, to the radioactive dust clouds swirling throughout the wasteland, up to the buzzards circling the encampment where the bodies of 30 slave traders lie; Fallout 3 is as much a game as it is a training sim for the coming apocalypse.
  3. In fact, Fallout 3 is leaner and meaner than Bethesda's previous efforts, less expansive but more intense, while still offering immense replay value and quite a few thrills along the way.