6.1

1. Dec 29, 2010
    There are lots of valid complaints about Dead Money. 1. Some of the quests are unnecessarily tedious (flip the switch quests, find the widget, etc...)

2. Extremely linear questline. That said, Dead Money was probably one of the best expansions for the latest crop of Fallout games (3/New Vegas) judging by the amount of tension I felt while playing. The difficulty curve is a LOT steeper

2. Extremely linear questline.

That said, Dead Money was probably one of the best expansions for the latest crop of Fallout games (3/New Vegas) judging by the amount of tension I felt while playing. The difficulty curve is a LOT steeper than your typical fallout expansion, and without spoiling anything, don't get too used to the tools you've become accustomed to using during the standard game. The environmental hazards are difficult, nearly to the point of tedium. In many ways the combination of lethality and scarcity of resources turns the game into a genre bending survival horror mod. There were several points where I wished I could just leave to relieve the fear of Ghost People creeping around in the mists.

But it all sets a tense, scary stage for a really stellar set of characters and motivations. As usual, the storytelling in New Vegas outshines Fallout 3 in nearly every way. At the end of the 6 hours I spent in the Sierra Madre, I was deeply invested in at least two of the four characters presented and I wished I could see them in the Mojave Wasteland, instead of leaving them behind. It may not be for everyone, but serious Fallout fans should definitely check it out for the challenge and the unusual atmosphere.
  2. Feb 5, 2014
    This DLC was amazing and shocking. I went from being a fearless god in the desert to a nobody who had to hide and skulk from enemies. It was awesome. Great story and characters.
  3. May 21, 2011
    Good story, and creative new environment, and companions, but the game play can be very annoying and frustrating. But other than the annoying collar, its a great DLC.
  4. Feb 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Made the game more like a suvival horror game, the level cap was increased and it had a good story. Unlike most others, I think, I tought that te setting of the downloadable content was really good. It was a lot of fun for just 10 bucks. Definitly worth the money. Expand
  5. Mar 20, 2012
    Dead Money provided an interesting environment, well-thought story, and great ambience into one good piece of DLC. The Sierra Madre Casino is filled with the lore one would expect from the mind of J.E. Sawyer and company. The only real problem with this add-on is the difficulty; it is challenging at the simplest difficulty, and is tailored towards the veteran Fallout players.
  6. Aug 21, 2012
    Dead Money is a mixed bag. With this DLC, you're introduced to a new location, characters, companions, weapons, armor and all that you expect from a DLC. First, the good. The writing and characters are phenomenal. As the plot develops, you will find that the Sierra Madre is the pure symbol of greed, while you may question if you're much different from the antagonist. The ending featuresDead Money is a mixed bag. With this DLC, you're introduced to a new location, characters, companions, weapons, armor and all that you expect from a DLC. First, the good. The writing and characters are phenomenal. As the plot develops, you will find that the Sierra Madre is the pure symbol of greed, while you may question if you're much different from the antagonist. The ending features a pretty cool turn of events when you learn the true history of the casino. All the companions have a lot to say, each has a very interesting connection to the plot, and all their voice actors do a great job. The length is great, taking my time so I could fully absorb the setting and content, the DLC took me about 5+ hours. The gear you pick up is pretty cool, especially some of the armors, which have a very high DT despite being light.

Now, the bad: The actual content of the quests isn't all that great. Often, I found I didn't know why exactly I was doing things, even when I'd listen to the dialogue. Also, once you enter the casino and find the hologram patrols, they're a real pain to deal with. While certain mechanics like the poison gas and the bomb collars with radios made for interesting puzzles and challenges, overall they more often than not felt like they were limiting where I could explore, which sucks for hardcore fallout fans like me who methodically like to search each room from head to toe through a building.
  7. Apr 10, 2015
    Dead Money is the best DLC that has been released in the Fallout series. It delivers on every level and if you enjoyed the whole Fallout series then you will love this DLC. If you clambered through New Vegas not really enjoying it and all its bugs/crashes, then this DLC isn't worth it, you won't enjoy because you have to accept the game for what it is and thats bugged to **** Anyway, greatDead Money is the best DLC that has been released in the Fallout series. It delivers on every level and if you enjoyed the whole Fallout series then you will love this DLC. If you clambered through New Vegas not really enjoying it and all its bugs/crashes, then this DLC isn't worth it, you won't enjoy because you have to accept the game for what it is and thats bugged to **** Anyway, great DLC and highly recommended to the Fallout fans Expand

1. Dec 28, 2011
    The adventure is of a satisfying size, the writing and characterizations are strong, and it offers an experience that is uniquely different from the main campaign. As a matter of fact, it even includes some surprising revelations that will entice players to play through the other three DLC episodes that follow. From every angle, Dead Money is a winning hand.
  2. Mar 8, 2011
    Obsidian delivers a first DLC that matches their Fallout: New Vegas : tense, captivating, despite its linearity. With a tiny bit more difficulty! Once more, we'd almost forget about the aging 3D engine of Bethesda and the poor AI. I experienced it like a little pen & paper RPG scenario of a single night. My thanks to the Obisidian Game Master.
  3. Games Master UK
    Feb 14, 2011
    Dead money is all about the companion interaction and offers a decent addition to your game time for 800 points. [Mar 2011, p.94]