Fallout: New Vegas Xbox 360

8.1

1. Nov 10, 2010
    the game is somewhat decent now after multiple patches although you still can't use the autosave feature. if you're new to Fallout it'll be effin amazing for you. But for those of us who were privileged enough to play Fallout 3 in all of its glory then New Vegas is a cheap rip-off that should've stayed in the able hands of Bethesda and far away from the short-bus that is Obsidian
  2. Nov 12, 2010
    Many of the bugs are so significant as to make the game unplayable. During the course of one playthrough I counted over 40 minor glitches and two significant glitches. One, while not "game ending", completely ruined and closed me off from one of the three major factions in the game. The other trapped me in a doorway, which required going back to a save 30 minutes prior.
    While Fallout: New
    While Fallout: New Vegas's story makes for an excellent, engrossing extension of the franchise, it verges on "not worth it" territory because of the glitches. Even the endgame scenario was glitchy, and in the end I didn't actually finish it. I might come back for a second playthrough when Obsidian releases some updates, but in the meantime I'm going to suggest my friends play Enslaved instead.
  3. Nov 21, 2010
    When i first heard of New Vegas i was excited,i was thinking new idea's new twist better graphics staitforward yet still complicating at times. With this all comments of Glitched i only rented it but i did finish the story, though i did not encounter and severe glitches maybe some minor lag here and there. But i was still dissapointed in that Bethseda never changed their graphics orWhen i first heard of New Vegas i was excited,i was thinking new idea's new twist better graphics staitforward yet still complicating at times. With this all comments of Glitched i only rented it but i did finish the story, though i did not encounter and severe glitches maybe some minor lag here and there. But i was still dissapointed in that Bethseda never changed their graphics or realism that many people want in many games now. Since they also had 2 yrs to make at least some minor changes, they didn't though. This though is how i would Overall say about it.

(Gameplay)

Originality-(+10)

Total Points: 90/140
    6.4 (Rounded)
  4. Jul 21, 2011
    This is not the sequel that Fallout 3 deserved. Other than the fact that it is pretty massive, the game itself still feels like an add-on, and in many ways the price reflects this - out for less than a year and you can already pick it up for a tenner. A number of people have picked up on the bugs, which yes, are relatively frequent (Missing "Companions", graphics flickering, pop-up,This is not the sequel that Fallout 3 deserved. Other than the fact that it is pretty massive, the game itself still feels like an add-on, and in many ways the price reflects this - out for less than a year and you can already pick it up for a tenner. A number of people have picked up on the bugs, which yes, are relatively frequent (Missing "Companions", graphics flickering, pop-up, etc), but that isn't the worst part. What I find so annoying is that the missions this time around are very repetitive. It's a case of "go here, talk to person A, who tells you to find person B, who says to go back to A, then C, and back to B, etc etc etc..." It just seems that the missions lack the flair that Fallout 3 had. And on top of that, although some of the scenery graphics are amazing, most of them still drag out when you have to walk miles to your next point-of-interest and there is nothing on the way to distract you from the monotony of the desert. There's some nice touches, but nowhere near enough for what I expected. Expand
  5. Aug 23, 2012
    The game is *good* but is nothing new, still feels like I playing The Elder Scrolls III with better graphics and with guns. Bethesda needs to move on, to a more up to date format. Starting to feel like a over kill. Using the same format for 10 years is a bit to much.

I think is sad when you get a game, and you can predict 95% of the game before you star playing. And more sad when you find out that your predictions were spot on.
  6. Nov 1, 2010
    Fallout:NV does not offer much difference from Fallout 3. The main difference is the setting. I really liked Fallout 3 and as far as gameplay goes this is pretty much the same.
    The main problem with the game are the glitches. Wow. Often times objects flicker or turn green for no reason. There are other visual glitches as well. Most negative things I have read about the game center on the bugs and glitches and rightly so. I especially don't understand how a console game can be released with this many problems. I understand PC versions to an extent due to the massive variety of hardware and software platforms that must be supported. However, a console like the Xbox360 is basically the same hardware regardless of model. If you liked Fallout 3 consider this a big expansion pack and you will probably be satisfied.
  7. Oct 23, 2010
    alright so i bought this game thinking i would be playing a brand new, bug/glitch free fallout. WRONG. right off the bat this game is filled with glitches out the wahzoo. besides that, every mission pretty much gives you the option to go against other missions, without the player fully knowing, and allowing them to ruin their game most times. yeah we get it that the game wants the playeralright so i bought this game thinking i would be playing a brand new, bug/glitch free fallout. WRONG. right off the bat this game is filled with glitches out the wahzoo. besides that, every mission pretty much gives you the option to go against other missions, without the player fully knowing, and allowing them to ruin their game most times. yeah we get it that the game wants the player to have a choice but to an extent. i feel like there is no one set path to follow and its very confusing to play. when i start a mission i have to think "will this make everyone in the game pissed at me or will i lose missions." i feel like this game was rushed to get out and there should have been more work put into this. it shows minimal improvement from the previous game and that came out 2 years ago. its very frustrating to play and i certainly wouldn't have minded waiting another 2 or 3 months for this game to be released if i knew it need so much work to be done to it. Expand
  8. Oct 25, 2010
    Let me first say that Fallout 3 was the best gaming experience I've enjoyed. Needless to say, I was excited about a continuation of the series, regardless of the developer.

Although I'm still playing it and find it entertaining, it's just not on the same playing field as Fallout 3. If I had to describe the game with one word, my word of choice would be 'buggy'. Other posters have mentioned crashes, etc. While I have not experienced bugs of those magnitudes (yet), I have experienced a multitude of smaller bugs (some have been mentioned by other posters) that just annoy the hell out of me. The writing seems to be on par with other Fallout versions and I'm always entertained, even though having to deal with the bugs. The game play itself is decent and there are some creative ideas that have been implemented that makes the New Vegas version enticing.

At the end of the day, will I play it? Yes. Will I finish it? Yes. Will I enjoy it? Yes. However, after playing the game I find it may be more of a desire to re-live Fallout 3 and the series as a whole and this way, I guess it's worth the play. I feel like a heroin addict that's been given methadone. It gets me over the need but sure as hell doesn't give me the buzz.

My suggestion: wait 6 months and buy that game used or at a $30 price tag. You'll enjoy it more for not having to pay a premium price tag for a less than premium game.
  9. Oct 31, 2010
    The game industry is always trying new ways to get us to buy games new, not pre-owned. A step backwards on this front would be to release games that were not really playable soon after release and expect us to wait for a fix. That is what happened here.

During my 20-25 hours on this game I have had 12 complete Xbox crashes, found many obvious bugs and glitches, and had my save file corrupted. This meant that not only did I get a full Xbox crash every time I loaded, I had to start over from the start. There are places where you can level to max in 30 secs due to obvious glitches, there is a room behind a door that takes max lockpick to open, that you cannot enter due to falling through the floor and into oblivion. My eyes say the floor is there, the game says not.

If this game had less of this, then I would rate higher than Fallout 3 which I really liked, however as it is broken I will leave it there.

I guess we pay £40 $60 to playtest these games now so they can be fixed ready for the pre-owned market, not enjoy them. Saves Bethseda and Obsidian some money in these tough times..........
  10. Nov 1, 2010
    Having waited for this game well soon as i had finished fallout 3 i can only feel disappointed, to compare this with the original is a crime the freedom and exploration has gone i am not on about glitches who hasn't suffered the control room glitch of f/o/3 i mean running 3 miles to get to a house that's boarded up a door that wont open and so on gone are the huge under ground layout theHaving waited for this game well soon as i had finished fallout 3 i can only feel disappointed, to compare this with the original is a crime the freedom and exploration has gone i am not on about glitches who hasn't suffered the control room glitch of f/o/3 i mean running 3 miles to get to a house that's boarded up a door that wont open and so on gone are the huge under ground layout the endless searching floor after floor of deserted high rises gutted doesn't cover it fallout new Vegas is a step back i hope the dlc brings some life back Expand
  11. Nov 7, 2010
    I was introduced to Fallout in 2008. I've always been a huge fan of the post-apocalyptic genre, and Fallout 3 did it so well that I went back and played Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics. When word came out that New Vegas was to be a true sequel to Fallout 2, and to use most of the design assets from the original, canceled Fallout 3, I was overjoyed.

The problem is that the traditions of

The problem is that the traditions of Fallout 2 were *too* closely carried on. Quite simply, New Vegas would have been a great game if it had come out in January of 2011, after 3 more months of debugging. The immersive game world is constantly fractured by unprovoked crashes and frame rate drops. AI behavior flat out stops working for no apparent reason, with the exploitation of other glitches being the only fix (thus far, I've had to walk out to Vault 22 and use the elevator 4 separate times because my NPC squadmates stopped following me and I lost track of them--this is the only fix thus far). The return of the NCR and of Marcus (voiced by the Michael Dorn, just as in Fallout 2) is sullied by the constant need for reloading and restarting the console. Looking at the Fallout wiki, nearly every New Vegas quest has a list of known bugs. This wasn't a game, it was a beta. Dedicated fans have been working on fixing and completing cut content from Fallout 2 for almost twelve years, and New Vegas needs that kind of treatment.

Which is a real shame. The Reputation system is vastly superior to Fallout 3's Karma only scheme, the disguises system felt like something that was truly missing from Fallout 3 (no one in the Brotherhood of Steel seemed to mind when I walked into their base wearing the armor of their sworn enemies in Fallout 3. Now they shoot me on sight). The reworking of the Repair skill is nothing short of genius, and the Companion Wheel is a beautiful simplification of Fallout 3's clunky dialogue system (itself a throwback to Fallout 1 and 2, games more than 10 years old upon Fallout 3's release). In addition, with the return of the NCR and other familiar settings, New Vegas' setting seems less like it's straining to fit into the existing world created back in the late '90s.

The bugs just ruin everything. It is tough to find a review here or elsewhere where they don't come up, even when said review is one or two paragraphs long. This is highly unusual; you don't see complaints of bugs in reviews about Gears of War or Final Fantasy. They aren't just present in New Vegas, they are pervasive, ranging from quests (random doors gaining unpickable locks, trapping the player in a room), exploration (valuable power armor hidden in one of the most dangerous areas of the game doesn't always spawn), to basic mechanics (2 items, one of them common and the other a quest item that cannot be removed from the player's inventory after receiving it, use Fallout 3' s armor mechanic and make all other armor cease to function until the game is reloaded multiple times or an exploit is used to fix it). Oblivion glitches were annoying when quest items became bound to the player permanently. Fallout 3 bugs were annoying when talking to Bittercup inadvertently gave the player unlimited XP. New Vegas bugs are downright frustrating when walking into a room while aiming down the site causes the game to crash.

In short, Fallout: New Vegas is a game that is defined by it's lofty goals coupled with a lack of fundamentals. It will likely be remembered as a game that fell short of being a classic just because of a failed development cycle.
  12. Nov 22, 2010
    I'm a huge fan of the Fallout series, so when I heard there would be a new addition to the lineup I was understandably excited. I had previously played the game of the year edition of Fallout 3 and the high level of storytelling, the expansive and immersive world, and the level of polish on the game had made me a true believer. I played Fallout: New Vegas thinking I would be getting moreI'm a huge fan of the Fallout series, so when I heard there would be a new addition to the lineup I was understandably excited. I had previously played the game of the year edition of Fallout 3 and the high level of storytelling, the expansive and immersive world, and the level of polish on the game had made me a true believer. I played Fallout: New Vegas thinking I would be getting more of the same, however this was not the case. The potential for a great story is there, and the expansive and immersive world also reported as ordered. What this edition in the Fallout story was missing was the polish. There are several large game changing bugs in the shipped version of this game that are inexcusable for this type of a triple A release. Many of the bugs involve not being able to complete a mission the way you chose to do so, which breaks the fiction and makes the whole thing seem kind of hokey. When the bugs in your game cause your story to be laughable please delay the release. I'm an adult and I understand that something like this takes time, so please take the time you need to do it right. This habit that publishers are getting into of releasing games with known bugs is ridiculous. I paid for a completed addition to the mindspace I've devoted to my love of the Fallout world, and I want to share the vision of that world the creators have. The issue is that I cannot take part in that vision, I cannot believe that fiction, because the game is too buggy to be believable. That being said in this day and age there is still hope. I fully believe that the developers can fix the bugs that exist in their game and release the updates necessary to bring this game to the level it deserves. I liked the story and look forward to the DLC. From a technical standpoint the weapon mods are a genius addition to the series, and I hope to see that and the expanded crafting options become a series mainstay. Most of all I look forward to when this game will actually be finished and I am able to take part in the developers' newest vision of their creation. Expand
  13. Oct 21, 2010
    After spending 100 to 150 hours behind Fallout 3 and its related downloadable content, I was extremely excited for Fallout New Vegas. My excitement was short lived, however, once I loaded up the game and realized very little has changed between the two. Many existing aspects of Fallout 3 were simply copied and pasted into this title including, but not limited to, GUI, player models &After spending 100 to 150 hours behind Fallout 3 and its related downloadable content, I was extremely excited for Fallout New Vegas. My excitement was short lived, however, once I loaded up the game and realized very little has changed between the two. Many existing aspects of Fallout 3 were simply copied and pasted into this title including, but not limited to, GUI, player models & textures, terrain models and textures, and even the ambient location, day and night music. While some may say the overall familiarity is a strength, I disagree and see it as somewhat of a weakness. There is a difference between a warm blanket and a used blanket that is too small to use and Fallout New Vegas is turning out to be the latter.
    ---
    The modified Elder Scrolls engine is starting to severely show its age and bugs that were a part of that engine in Fallout 3 can still be found in Fallout New Vegas. New Vegas has it's own share of entirely new bugs as well which affect the game across all three platforms. Sometimes you may go hours without noticing any of them and sometimes they may be so severe that they prevent being able to play entirely. Mobs regularly fall through the terrain texture or freeze in place, doing nothing. Sometimes the game doesn't open up content-sensitive doors or areas during a quest arc until manually reloading the game. Frame rate stutters and entire game lockups happen with alarming frequency and on PC, bad DirectX calls can crash the entire game.
    ---
    The voice acting is terrible and it's apparent they used the same small band of people to do all the voices except for major characters who got star treatment and the radio is disappointing, again, unfortunately, with the same old boring tracks on each station with the same old boring announcements by the "DJs" (sorry Mr. Newton, even Mr. Vegas can't save these stations, but at least there's no "Three Dog AHOOOOOOOOOO" this time).
    ---
    This isn't to say the game is all bad. The new crafting mechanics are well implemented, as are the changes to ammo varieties. The story writing is top notch and the various currencies add a lot of flavor. If, of course, you can play the game long enough without it crashing.
    ---
    Overall, I think the game is getting far too much praise for the title name alone and nostalgia for the previous version. Fallout New Vegas does very little different, or even better than, its predecessor and the repeat gamebreaking bugs make the game difficult to enjoy while playing. As I previously alluded to, when playing New Vegas, I feel like I'm trying to use a 5 year old blanket that I've outgrown: I know it could be warm and great, but it's a struggle to use.
  14. Nov 10, 2010
    Fallout New Vegas would be a superb game if only they had actually finished making it before they let us buy it, the game has so many technical problems, bugs and glitches that it makes me wonder if they actually tested it at all prior to it going on sale.
    I really enjoyed Fallout 3, the best waste of time ever and when New Vegas was announced I was eager to get back to exploring the wastes, first impressions were good, I had the obligatory up till 4am gaming sessions with "I'll just see whats over that next hill" excuses, it was just like FO 3 all over again.
    A few glitches with things getting stuck in the floor and or falling though it completely started to happen, things that I had seen in FO 3 so not a great surprise but then it got worse, the game would lock up, pausing and stopping game play completely at random but increasingly frequent times, loading screens went from being a 20 second hindrance to a full couple of minutes then to top this off the game now stops you from continuing from your last save, or any save for that matter. at 60 hours in (obsessive? no) that is a real problem, the idea of going back to the start again is not really that appealing.

New Vegas IS a good, even great game but it just doesn't work, if it did I'd have no problem giving it 10/10 but as I can't get it to actually play anymore its a 5, the fun I did have before it stopped working was good, I'd have loved to see more, another lazy developer.

Shame.
  15. Oct 19, 2010
    This games title is misleading, it should have been called Fallout 3: New Vegas. If you didn't follow the dev cycle of New Vegas you might not have know that this game uses the same engine that powered Fallout 3 (also Oblivion, both by Bethesda); that means that game mechanics, quest structures, color palette (apocalyptic brown), AI, game assets, shoddy character animations, HUD and UI andThis games title is misleading, it should have been called Fallout 3: New Vegas. If you didn't follow the dev cycle of New Vegas you might not have know that this game uses the same engine that powered Fallout 3 (also Oblivion, both by Bethesda); that means that game mechanics, quest structures, color palette (apocalyptic brown), AI, game assets, shoddy character animations, HUD and UI and even V.A.T.S. is all the same as Fallout 3. That being said, if you're a fan of Fallout 3, you'll definitely not want to miss New Vegas. However; unfortunately Obsidian Entertainment's envision of the Fallout Universe is not quite as polished in its implementation, as its predecessor. There are bugs, AI glitches such as NPCs and creatures spawning under terrain, clipping problems such objects that occupy the same space and clip through each other and look sloppy, textures not loading or not visible (such as your gun and arm, which happens randomly), areas where your character will get stuck and force a mandatory reload to proceed, and these are just to name a few of the problems on the Xbox360 version - problems with the NPC AI being the biggest detractor. Another negative aspect of the game is that, unlike Fallout 3, most areas in the wasteland lack the polish of 'The Strip' (the strip is a sight to see) and feel drab or boring in comparison. Also another area I felt was lacking was the voice acting, you can really tell that Obsidian skimped in this area, overall the Voice acting is just horrible compared to F3 - I'm talking about monotonous dialogue and tons of different NPCs who use the same Voice Actor with little to no distinction between them. Despite the games obvious flaws there is much to like (especially if you liked F3), a whole new (long) story line, another large sandbox wasteland to explore with numerous quests (a lot of quests with multiple outcomes, and ways to complete them), countless NPCs (the story writers for this game is exceptional), Vying factions which fight for territory- the NCR, Great Khans, Powder Gangers, The Legionaries, Mr. House, Fiends, and more, some of which you can join and become apart of. There are tons of references to the original Fallout games, lots of new creatures (several of which return from early Fallout games like the Gecko), new weapons, new perks, new recipies can be made on a campfire or a workbench now, and you can use a reloading bench to recycle ammo, or convert ammo types. There are also A LOT of minor tweaks and welcome additions to the Fallout 3 formula, such as new interface and commands for companions, gambling, weapon mods, all the weapons now have iron sights in first person (bravo), weapon repair kits, a new hardcore mode where you have to monitor food, water, and sleep- are just a few of the additions. The writing and dialog in the game has a more mature nature and emphasis on dark humor this time, and the quests are never repetitive, they are exciting and quite amusing at times: definitely the best part about New Vegas. This is another extremely long single player experience and will most likely take people over 100 hours to see everything in the game, not to mention the immense replay value this time around because of the many different vying factions, the quests with multiple outcomes, and different paths to follow all make New Vegas a great value to any fan of Fallout 3 or fallout in general- I just wish that there wasn't so many problems, and that the game used a new engine as the elder scrolls 4 engine is really starting to look dated. If it wasn't for the large amount of content and re-playability I would not consider this to be a stand alone game, rather an expansion pack for fallout 3. Fix the bugs Obsidian, and I would rate the game a 8 or 9/10 as I'm a huge fan of Fallout 3. Expand
  16. Oct 24, 2010
    I enjoyed Fallout 3 but was never particularly interested in the DLC for the game as the add-ons seemed half-assed and off the rails for the most part and ironically, Fallout New Vegas just felt like a huge, honking DLC to me rather than a new, stand-alone game. More of the same semi-clunky combat and more of the same opening rusted drawer after drawer and that was okay, I suppose, butI enjoyed Fallout 3 but was never particularly interested in the DLC for the game as the add-ons seemed half-assed and off the rails for the most part and ironically, Fallout New Vegas just felt like a huge, honking DLC to me rather than a new, stand-alone game. More of the same semi-clunky combat and more of the same opening rusted drawer after drawer and that was okay, I suppose, but with it came a massive dose of NEW and IMPROVED bugs! Weird texture issues, characters stuck in walls or ceilings, etc. etc. I felt like I could just go back and replay Fallout 3 and spare myself the glitches. Expand
  17. Mar 3, 2011
    Fallout New Vegas had great potential. I played through multiple times and enjoyed the endings that relfected my decisions. That being said, the overabundance of bugs, the propensity of the game to freeze and the game feeling like I was playing fallout 3 in a different location made me lower my score from around 8.5 or 9 to a 6. Bethesda can do much better!
  18. Oct 27, 2010
    Atmosphere: Yes! Walking in the sunset with some classic country background music, slow motion, the feeling when exploring burned out remains of civilization. The secrets of Vaults, and industrial companies etc.
    Bugs: NO! Always had to check online aid to see if my mission ends because it is intended or it is bugged, or reload thousand times thanks to some annoying bug (like the companion attacked without any reason by NPCs).
    Unreality: NO. Sure, it is a sci-fi, with many unrealistic elements, and that's okay. But no matter how you attack an enemy it always ends up losing his head or limbs, poke it with a switchblade and see his head flying away, as well as bodies act like ragdolls.
    Go here go there: NO! To travel many miles just to say hi, or deliver a message with no great importance. I spent hours fast travelling just to move on with the quests, and nothing really happened. 3-6 mins loading time, 10 min walking, 1 min interaction when i reached the place, then back the same way. I saw more of the loading screen then the game itself.
  19. Oct 19, 2010
    "Fallout: New Vegas" is a glitchy and kitschy variation on the Fallout tradition. The bugginess of the game exceeds any I have played for the XBOX 360- with frequent crashes, clipping plane problems and enemy AI failures. Nevertheless, it IS more time in Bethesda's inspired 3d-version of the Fallout game series- and for that reason it at least deserves your consideration. It must be"Fallout: New Vegas" is a glitchy and kitschy variation on the Fallout tradition. The bugginess of the game exceeds any I have played for the XBOX 360- with frequent crashes, clipping plane problems and enemy AI failures. Nevertheless, it IS more time in Bethesda's inspired 3d-version of the Fallout game series- and for that reason it at least deserves your consideration. It must be said- many hours into the game- that I have yet to encounter a moment as awe-inspired as that first time you exited Vault 101 in "Fallout 3"- met by endless vista of ruined civilization. "Fallout 3" created such an all-encompassing vision of a ruined Capitol city that it remains, several years on, one of the most memorable moments in modern gaming- and I'd be lying if I didn't admit I've hoped "New Vegas" might have similar moments. A dozen hours or more into the game, I continue to feel as if I'm wandering around inside a gigantic, somewhat middling bit of "Fallout 3" DLC... Here's to hoping things improve as the story unfolds. Expand
  20. May 6, 2011
    A decent rpg game, not as good as its predecessor fallout 3. The in game graphics are fantastic, leveling up system is good also the combat system works well. Unfortuneatly like many recent rpg,s the storyline was poor. Towards the end of the game i wasnt sure what i was supposed to be doing, because there where so many side quests and the main theme of the main quest was uninteresting.A decent rpg game, not as good as its predecessor fallout 3. The in game graphics are fantastic, leveling up system is good also the combat system works well. Unfortuneatly like many recent rpg,s the storyline was poor. Towards the end of the game i wasnt sure what i was supposed to be doing, because there where so many side quests and the main theme of the main quest was uninteresting. All in all a decent game just wish the main storyline could have been better. Expand
  21. Mar 7, 2012
    Fallout Las Vegas is good game about las vegas. You play as man who go to las vegas to get drunk, gamble, and sex, but then gangsters shoot you in head. When you wake up you are halliucinations that it is future where there was nucleare bomb. even though it was future world there were also romans there but maybe that is because you are dreaming. i like how you can kill anyone in las vegasFallout Las Vegas is good game about las vegas. You play as man who go to las vegas to get drunk, gamble, and sex, but then gangsters shoot you in head. When you wake up you are halliucinations that it is future where there was nucleare bomb. even though it was future world there were also romans there but maybe that is because you are dreaming. i like how you can kill anyone in las vegas even julius caesar (so you are like Brutal). one thing i did not like was you never find out if man wake up from dream or not. also when you try to go to las vegas at start of game you are killed by flies and monster from aliens. This was overall fun game 7/10 Expand
  22. Mar 7, 2011
    Its such a shame this game is so glitchy because I really wanted to enjoy it. I loved Fallout 3. I put about 100+ hours into it, including the expansions. But, this is not that game, it is just so broken. There's too many examples to give, one is a shop that I literally cannot buy from because everytime I do, the game freezes. The VATS occasionally fails, leaving your character standingIts such a shame this game is so glitchy because I really wanted to enjoy it. I loved Fallout 3. I put about 100+ hours into it, including the expansions. But, this is not that game, it is just so broken. There's too many examples to give, one is a shop that I literally cannot buy from because everytime I do, the game freezes. The VATS occasionally fails, leaving your character standing still in slow motion until he is killed. Important characters can spawn in the wrong places and enemies FREQUENTLY become stuck in objects. It just kills the experience and really and the only fair way to describe this is as a faulty product. Its that simple. I have lots of games and none of them have issues of this magnitude. On the plus side, if you have the patience to get past the glitches (that you will encounter A LOT) the main story arc is actually a lot better than Fallout 3's because it allows for you to have a lot more significant impact with your decisions and makes you feel like you really are making the game your own, for me, this is where the appeal in games like this lies so I have had fun when the game has been working, The faction system is also done very well. Its not just "Loved, neutral, hated." You can develop very complex relations with New Vegas' inhabitants. but they still need to do something about the dialogue. Its very wooden the way NPCs just stand still during conversations. There's no life to them like there is in games like Mass Effect or Red Dead and think that should be addressed in future. Expand
  23. Nov 28, 2010
    I love this game so far. It does alot of things better than Fallout 3, such as more weapons, different ammo types/weapon mods, more enemies, alot more than there was in Fallout 3.

I could have given this game a perfect rating, had Bethesda and Obsidian revamped the game engine. It still suffers from Fallout 3's plethora of PS3-crashing, progress-losing game glitches. This is such a big problem with the engine, I find it difficult to believe that the game producers were unaware of the previous game's flaws such as to not rectify them in New Vegas. To me, it comes as a slap in the face. I can't tell you how frustrated I feel when I get an average of 3-5 glitches per hour in various locations and situations throughout the game. I could be buying something from a merchant and in the middle of buying something, the game crashes. Or I could be in the middle of V.A.T.S., the game crashes.... or I could be just simply walking along doing absolutely f*cking nothing... the game crashes. It's a shame these people call themselves game designers.

Also, we are in the year 2010 and 1080p graphics have been around for... how long? Why is it we are still using outdated 720p graphics here?
  24. Feb 25, 2011
    Let me start by saying that I had been debating about purchasing this game for months I finally bought it and have been playing it for a few days now and I enjoy it, but not as much as I could be.

I am a fan and somewhat of a connoisseur of role-play and shooter games and I must say that though it's no where near as inventive nor as awe-inspiring as its' predecessor, Fallout: New Vegas is turning into a rather enjoyable experience. I am currently 21 hours into the game have experienced minimal frame-rate issues (even with large gunfights, and explosions) the load times are sometimes long (7-12 seconds) but not enough to seriously hamper a play session. However, there will need to be some serious retooling of the combat mechanics. There have been many instances of glitches in VATS, many instances with the hit detection while looking through iron sights, and far to many clipping issues. I find that saving often is my only defence against this but problems like these should not happen this often even in a game this big.

Aside from the technical aspects of the game, the world that your player inhabits seems more "real" at least in terms of my opinion. Fallout 3 was more of an "Ideal Apocalyptic Experience" where your character was more of a bad ass or a saviour of mankind travelling around the capitol wasteland doing what ever you damn well pleased. (That was great fun, don't get me wrong) Fallout: New Vegas gives a more authentic experience in a sense that the world is scraping by, just barely making it. You begin the game with little more than nothing and until you can reach the higher levels you will, most likely, be scavenging for everything from food to guns and what ever else just to stay alive. The desert is barren and lifeless and seems to go on forever, and I personally enjoy that aspect of the game. Everything about it breathes the real sense that the world we know today has been wiped off the earth (with the exception of Vegas of course.) I know many donâ
  25. May 8, 2011
    A less engaging, less polished Fallout 3. The game feels less tight and less inspiring then the previous one. Nothing I did seem quite as significant or memorable as in number 3. It's also buggy. I would recommend it to those who really can't get enough of Fallout.
  26. Jul 3, 2011
    I can understand why people are tempted to rate this a ten out of ten, but it's really misleading to do so. This CAN be a great game, that is, when the bugs are not ruining the experience. This game should not have shipped in its current state. It took only four hours to find quest-locking bugs that caused me to start a whole new character. The only way to play is to save often and to keepI can understand why people are tempted to rate this a ten out of ten, but it's really misleading to do so. This CAN be a great game, that is, when the bugs are not ruining the experience. This game should not have shipped in its current state. It took only four hours to find quest-locking bugs that caused me to start a whole new character. The only way to play is to save often and to keep multiple save slots. If you love Bethesda's interpretation of Fallout as much as I do, this is an experience still worth having. But I can't imagine how cross I would be if I had bought this game new for 60 dollars, and I can't recommend it to anyone that doesn't absolutely love Fallout 3. Expand
  27. Jul 4, 2011
    While Fallout New Vegas was good in the sense that it was a build on the Fallout 2, it had several issues. First of all, glitches. God I hate glitches as most gamers probably do. There was literally a point in the game (attempting to re-enter the strip) where I had to look up how to get access back to the strip due to a commonly known glitch. Characters melted into walls, screen cutting,While Fallout New Vegas was good in the sense that it was a build on the Fallout 2, it had several issues. First of all, glitches. God I hate glitches as most gamers probably do. There was literally a point in the game (attempting to re-enter the strip) where I had to look up how to get access back to the strip due to a commonly known glitch. Characters melted into walls, screen cutting, etc.etc. This game apparently was not Q&A'd enough before it was put out.

Secondly, the content felt as though it was just a massive expansion pack of the original Fallout 2. Nothing really new under the sun except for the fact that it included various ammo upgrades that really didn't add anything. And good gravy, enough with the Deathclaws!

Overall, worth a playthrough. Played it through once, probably will never touch it again.
  28. Nov 26, 2011
    an okay game after a while,not as good as fallout 3,dlc's are a waste of money,enemies are insanely hard at the beginning when your stuck with a gun as powerful as a bb gun until you can afford up to 20,000 caps for a good gun.
  29. Aug 6, 2012
    Fun, large world, but lacking in new material. Most of the quests were a "Go from X and Get Y", which felt almost half-assed. It feels more like a DLC then a different game. The hardcore mode was a great addition though.
  30. Aug 9, 2012
    This one is considerably worse than the original Fallout 3. The story and the world are much weaker. But still, for fans of Fallout this is a worthy title.
  31. Oct 21, 2010
    Fallout: New Vegas is a massive step forward for the Fallout series. I've clocked 6 hours now and haven't even seen the Vegas Strip, and that's not a complaint. It's almost identical to Fallout 3 graphic-wise, suffers the same glitches here and there, and shares extremely similar mechanics. But in no way is it merely an expansion of Fallout 3. It's a totally new game and feels like oneFallout: New Vegas is a massive step forward for the Fallout series. I've clocked 6 hours now and haven't even seen the Vegas Strip, and that's not a complaint. It's almost identical to Fallout 3 graphic-wise, suffers the same glitches here and there, and shares extremely similar mechanics. But in no way is it merely an expansion of Fallout 3. It's a totally new game and feels like one from the start. The customisation is more in-depth than I imagined. You're now able to customise your weapons from adding scopes and silencers, down to what type of bullet it fires. There's no feeling of monotony or boredom anymore and the game is even more challenging (hardcore mode aside). You now have almost full control over the story, with most quests forking into several routes, letting you make important decisions for yourself. That said, it's a Fallout game, it's for the fans. If you did not like Fallout 3, there's no way you'll like New Vegas. If you haven't played a Fallout game though, this is one that would be too big a shame to miss. 10/10 Collapse

1. Feb 11, 2011
    Until Fallout: New Vegas gets a major patch that fixes the problems, it can only be recommended to gamers who have a high threshold for frustration.
  2. Jan 19, 2011
    If you didn't enjoy Fallout 3 or are not a fan of RPGs in general, then you'll probably disagree with me. Everyone else should seriously consider taking a road trip to New Vegas.
  3. Jan 16, 2011
    The technology of the newest part of the fallout series is over aged and besides the hardcore mode and the reputation-system, the new features of New Vegas are manageable. But altogether, New Vegas is a successful new part and not just an add-on, with more than 100 hours of gaming, an interesting story and a new setting to explore.