Far Cry 3 Xbox 360

8.6

1. Sep 8, 2016
    Far Cry 3 is one of the best games I have ever played! I bought this game after playing Far Cry: Blood Dragon and I have been LOVING THE EXPERIENCE! The game is so vast and deep that I constantly find myself going from treasure hunting to running deep in the jungle to hunting down tigers.... the list goes on and on.

After about 10 hours of game play I thought I was just about done

After about 10 hours of game play I thought I was just about done with the main story line but NOPE, defeating one boss unlocks the rest pf the game where the enemies are well trained and carry better guns than you currently have. I love the feeling of having to rely on what I have learned so far in the game to get me through the tougher battles as I near completion of the game.

I never really got into the whole Skyrim thing so to say this is "Skyrim with guns" is not a fair description. I will way that it is a joy to play and you can either go in stealth and daggers or come guns blazin' like I usually do.

Things that stopped it from being a perfect 10 is the upgrades and skill trees are weak at times with certain skills being useless. The modification on the weapons is sweet and I was using the plants like crazy crafting different buffs to stomp the baddies! Also I seemed to die often from falling off of things that were not high up. That was annoying.

Aside from those minor complains I looooved this game! If you are reading this still stop and go right on ahead and go for it!
  2. Jun 30, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Even up to date, this is one of the best games on Xbox 360 which I've played. The framerate is sometimes terrible, and that's why I only gave it a 9/10. The sound of the game seems sometimes not the best, as if it were rendered at a low quality, no clue if that's not just on console but it looses points for that too. Finally, the game at times would show bugs in the map rendering, sometimes I would try to jump on a ledge and make character would get pushed off. This is probably a problem with the movement system in the game, so not just this version. Other than these two facts, the story is very good, the ending satisfying yet over hyped... I feel like if they explained how Jason came back to the island/didn't die would've helped me convince myself to continue playing the game. The characters sell the game very well. co-op mode is very well structured and still fun up until now. Multiplayer is great yet getting smaller every day. Expand
  3. Apr 10, 2016
    I got this game as a Christmas present back in 2012 and I was very excited as I had never heard of or even seen this game, and I think this game is almost flawless and this game is the best I have played, The gameplay, voice, gunplay, the world, everything felt right, but the reason I don't give it a 10 is for one reason that almost made me not discover this beautiful game.

The start of

The start of the game is intense, When you are escaping you felt like you were in that moment and it was a really good opening, But after that opening it feels really boring, The second mission till the fourth felt so lacking and I had a friend who gave up at this point as theses missions don't show how good this game gets, They felt like boring forced and not exciting and I think this is farcry 3's only let down

I loved this game and would have well over 30 days played on it, But I wouldn't have so many I didn't get through those boring early missions, This is why I give it a 9/10
  4. Feb 25, 2016
    Excellent story line , great gameplay and beautiful landscaping . We know Far Cry as a franchise with beautiful scenery . I enjoyed every minute of this game
  5. Nov 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Vaas makes the story. It would have been eeengh without him. After Vaas is dispatched, the story loses 90% of its flair. Despite the liberal use of the "white savior" trope, the story is intriguing in the regard that the writers and the developers were able to completely recreate the feel of a blockbuster action movie. Not to say I'm a big fan of those, but being inside of one is quite an experience. lol I personally loved the quick time scenes - even though I was basically watching cut scenes, I was still interacting with them. It kept me immersed in the game. I missed them in Far Cry 4...and pretty much any other action FPS that I played afterward! This game is so far the crown gem of the series. I k now a game deserves a 10 when I run into a "Holy **** moment. In this game, it was burning the marijuana fields with a flame thrower while some Skrillex dubstep/reggae mashup played in the background. The helicopter crash in the middle of the game, and the helicopter escape at the end were pretty crazy awesome too.

Here's hoping Far Cry Primal is able to capture the visceral, immersive experience of this entry!
  6. Oct 28, 2015
    Ubisoft gained by respect with this title. Far Cry 3 is simply one of the best open world games ever because it delivers a total package to the player, and offers something for every player. Are you a stealth nut? This game has a very robust stealth system. Do you like shooty games? This game has a large selection of guns. Do you like exploring a beautiful tropical island? It's here. WantUbisoft gained by respect with this title. Far Cry 3 is simply one of the best open world games ever because it delivers a total package to the player, and offers something for every player. Are you a stealth nut? This game has a very robust stealth system. Do you like shooty games? This game has a large selection of guns. Do you like exploring a beautiful tropical island? It's here. Want a memorable cast with good story? Check. This game is a defining moment of the last gen along with some other titles. Expand
  7. Sep 7, 2015
    Far Cry 3 is a unique experience that you won't forget in a hurry. It is an open world first-person shooter, and it's got so much content that you'll want to play for hours and hours at a time to discover all of it.

The story is incredibly interesting, as you play as an American tourist who travels to Rook Island, and after escaping a pirate camp you must save your friends, avenge your brother, and escape the island. Half the game you spend fighting Vaas, and his pirate gang. The remainder you spend fighting the less interesting Hoyt, and his soldiers. The game gets a little bit muddled in the middle as the game becomes less about stealth and more about action, but after a few missions you get used to it, and it becomes an over-the-top action-packed shooter. The missions? Meh. They are incredibly linear and can get dull, but if you obey the rules like a good little boy then you will enjoy yourself thoroughly.

If you grow bored of the missions, you can explore the huge open world. A unique selling point which sold the game to me was the outposts, which are dotted around the map, and are filled with 5-10 varying enemies. There's the standard mercenaries, the Molotov-throwing and sometimes irritating chargers, the snipers, and the big lads who are covered in thick armour. Some outposts also have dogs, and by the end of the game, let's just say you might become more of a cat person. You can take them over however you want; with a sniper, the awesome bow, with your machete, or with an LMG. You can scout the base by tagging enemies which allows you to see them through walls, even mountains, and you can also disable the alarms to make your life easier. When you do take one over you unlock a fast travel location, and get rid of enemies in the immediate area of that base.

There's also hunting, which allows you to kill pigs, boars, leopards and tigers, which allow you to create bigger weapon holsters, syringe kits, wallets etc. It's incredibly satisfying, and the rewards mean it's worth doing again and again. On top of all this, the game looks incredible, even on the 360. Everything from the lighting and water, to the vegetation and weapons. The graphics and aesthetics are top notch. The game options are also more than enough, with the ability to turn off parts of the HUD, and annoying notifications. There are some problems, however. The game crashed just once, and you take fall damage from a one inch drop, but not from sliding down a 30 metre cliff?

On the whole the game is a must own. It's different from every other fps out there, and it's totally worth the money.
  8. Jun 19, 2015
    Muito mais muito pikaaaaaa , ubisoft caprichou fi ! não tem pra ninguem jogo muito bom essa campnha do carai , uns dos melhores gráficos para x360 , parabéns ubi !
  9. May 29, 2015
    Far Cry 3 is a fantastic game with a brilliant villain, who is just badass. It´s a MUST have for everyone, the story has a perfect atmosphere, coop mode is much fun, but i admit that multiplayer could be better !
  10. May 8, 2015
    Far Cry 3 is the definition of insanity. Everything about it is just plain crazy and over the top, which is why it is one of the best games I have played in a long time.
  11. Mar 28, 2015
    If you thought that Far cry 2 was a frustration and you decided to quit the Far cry series because of that. But not with this game. Far cry 3 improves on almost everything from Far cry 2. The driving feels a lot smoother and faster. Far cry 2's driving felt like you were always driving a tractor. Far cry 3's shooting feels so much smoother and you can actually fight like your Rambo, ItsIf you thought that Far cry 2 was a frustration and you decided to quit the Far cry series because of that. But not with this game. Far cry 3 improves on almost everything from Far cry 2. The driving feels a lot smoother and faster. Far cry 2's driving felt like you were always driving a tractor. Far cry 3's shooting feels so much smoother and you can actually fight like your Rambo, Its that much better, seriously. Buy this game. Expand
  12. Feb 6, 2015
    Far Cry 3 is a must have for anyone who likes FPS games. If you like non skippable cutscenes you'll like it even more. Personally I could do without them, especially after knowing the storyline. This is a game you'll want to play again and again. To hear the story again and again gets repetitive and unnecessary. If it wasn't for the cutscenes I'd give this game a 10.
  13. Dec 30, 2014
    Incredible, so original, great game that's so much fun, would make a great movie. Stunning visuals aside, the audio quality is pretty bad, but other than that, great game.
  14. Dec 11, 2014
    This game is visually stunning. The A.I. is very well developed, forcing you in most cases to use your brain, your surroundings and your focus. The crafting system is a little clunky and the map a bit hard to read in certain cases, nonetheless that only takes away a small amount of fun. The driving is fun and different, the boating is fun and feels real. The character builds are a bitThis game is visually stunning. The A.I. is very well developed, forcing you in most cases to use your brain, your surroundings and your focus. The crafting system is a little clunky and the map a bit hard to read in certain cases, nonetheless that only takes away a small amount of fun. The driving is fun and different, the boating is fun and feels real. The character builds are a bit lack-luster (excluding Vaas of course) but they are still stronger than average. The story has its great moments and weaker moments, but because of the visually stunning appearance, landscape, weapons and just fun, i must give it a 9 Expand
  15. Dec 7, 2014
    The environment is sprawling and scrumptious, the side missions, particularly the outposts, are a joy to do. The antagonist Vaas is now regarded as one of video games best villains and I am glad he is getting the credit he deserves. Vaas' lunacy and unpredictability make him genuinely scary, which makes for a low key element of constant fear whilst playing which only adds to theThe environment is sprawling and scrumptious, the side missions, particularly the outposts, are a joy to do. The antagonist Vaas is now regarded as one of video games best villains and I am glad he is getting the credit he deserves. Vaas' lunacy and unpredictability make him genuinely scary, which makes for a low key element of constant fear whilst playing which only adds to the excitement. The story lays down the mat well and does well to inject a sense of unease into you right off the bat. Far Cry 3 truly is a genre and generation defining game, full of freedom, combat and a setting that changes the ball game for the open world genre. Expand
  16. Nov 17, 2014
    I'm not a HUGE fan of open world games but this game made me change my perspective! From skinning animals for food or just killing them to complete a quest. This game never gets boring with all of the quests and the storyline will keep you wanting more! If you like an open world with plenty of action and excitement along with a gripping storyline Far Cry 3 delivers!
  17. Nov 12, 2014
    As a long-time fan of the FPS and open world genres, this is the game I've been waiting for for years. I enjoyed the first two games in the series but this is the first one two really live up to its potential. Unlike most shooters where you start off as a badass, in this game you start out as a normal 20-something kid that more or less resembles the target audience of the game itself. AsAs a long-time fan of the FPS and open world genres, this is the game I've been waiting for for years. I enjoyed the first two games in the series but this is the first one two really live up to its potential. Unlike most shooters where you start off as a badass, in this game you start out as a normal 20-something kid that more or less resembles the target audience of the game itself. As you begin to explore the world of the game, your character begins a descent into madness that turns him into a viscous killing machine. This journey into darkness makes the game one of the most immersive shooters of all time. While the campaign is certainly a blast, it's the element of non-linear exploration that make this game truly epic. The exploration occurs by climbing up radio towers and liberating enemy bases. You can take down these outposts stealthily without firing a single shot or storm the front gate, flamethrower a-blazing. I spent many a late night telling myself "okay, take over ONE more base and I'm going to bed" and then summarily ignoring my own orders. The game also includes the most impressive array of realistic weaponry I've seen in a shooter, bolstered by the intriguing "hunting and crafting" system which I thought would be annoying but turned out quite fun. The relatively easy to use map editor also adds greatly to the replay value. My main complaint is that the multiplayer is extremely lacking. I would have LOVED a split-screen option that would have allowed a buddy to drop into my single-player campaign and start raising hell with me. Hopefully this will be remedied with the sequel coming out next week (!!!!!). Expand
  18. Nov 11, 2014
    This was a very fun game!

I just got it for like 10 bucks on eBay since its so old, but wish I had gotten it earlier. This is the only first person shooter open world RPG I know of and its very good. Gameplay is a little repetitive and they could use some more weapons and equipment to use and craft, but overall I enjoyed playing this game though and through. Towards the end the side
    This was a very fun game!

This is the only first person shooter open world RPG I know of and its very good. Gameplay is a little repetitive and they could use some more weapons and equipment to use and craft, but overall I enjoyed playing this game though and through. Towards the end the side quests and collectibles become pretty useless but the main story is long and there's lots of things to do in the open world outside of the main storyline.

The other thing that could be improved are the controls. Aiming is a little difficult and the overall FPS shooter experience is lacking making large firefights frustrating, but easy healing capabilities make up for this.

Stealth could be improved as well, especially in the main missions where you are often forced into firefights. They do a good job giving you bonuses for taking the time to be stealthy, making stealth "worth it" for reasons other than your own enjoyment.
    Far Cry 4 is coming out for next gen, I'm expecting they will be able to address the few things that were wrong with FC3 and it should be one of the best next gen games.

Overall, a great game in my top 10.
  19. Oct 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of my all time favorite games. You have to hunt animals to get new and better gear, explore the land/radio towers for new guns and maps, and can approach fun varied missions in any style you choose. Amazing fun for multiple plays. great story and long play aswell Expand
  20. Oct 2, 2014
    WOW, JUST WOW! I am still feeling this way about this game a year later. This game literally cherry picked all the fun elements you enjoyed in all of the other leading titles out around this time and rolled it up into one fat game. This set the bar for me.

Maybe I am biased because this game really hit home for me. I am in my early 30's, have grown up in southern California my whole life. As I played this game it was too easy to imagine this being me or what would I have done with my friends and it was overwhelmingly relateable. I became emotionaly vested in the characters and became overwhelmingly addicted to this game. At first I had to learn the format of this game and how the skills (tattoos) you receive effect your performance. This in itself can seem like a chore as if you are like me you have played games before, with different formats, and later discovered after adjusting to the format that the game sucked. Not this game!

I was quickly versed in the basics and became a pro as I went. I got lost for hours swimming, exploring, hunting, and trying my luck at some of the mini challenges or side quests that build your arsenal and your skills. The achievments are a lot of fun on this game. Some seem absolutely impossible, until you try it and damn is it fun! This game literally has everything. From cliff diving, eating magical mushrooms, skydiving, hunting, swimming, action, sex, nudity, adventure, a sense of being a part of something greater, a story worthy of a hollywood movie, humor, fun, excitement and ultimately a huge choice to make at the end of the game.

I loved the Apocolypse now reference and you will too. If you have no clue what I am talking about, pop in the movie and watch the first 30 minutes of it. All you need to watch is the scene when they raid the beaches of Vietnam with music bumping on their heli's. If you watch that and play this game all the way through, you will know what I mean. This game is so satisfying and so worth your time.

I often am critical of games that have been recycled and it has come to my attention that they borrowed the set from "Dead Island" for this game or was it the other way around? Either way I have not played Dead Island, maybe I would have felt different about this game. Hard to imagine with hands down the best storyline I have ever experienced in a game, hands down.

The online play is fun. If you are an avid COD fan they missed the bar here a bit, however compared to recent releases like Titanfall and Destiny, I'd say this online multiplayer crushes Titanfall and still holds strong against some of the co-op and versus games of Destiny.

One last thing, if you played the other 2 games and were somewhat let down or not as entertained by Far Cry 2 as you were with Far Cry 1, that will not be the case here. Although if you got used to the Far Cry 2 format, you may be turned off by this one, or like me love it and see the brilliance in it.

Go out and get this game. You can probably get it for a steal.

As it stands now this is my ALL TIME FAVORITE GAME. And I have been playing video games since 1984 when I played atari and asteroids at Marie Calendars. I have owned and played almost every console released since the 80's. This even includes educational games from Socrates, was a huge fan PC Sierra Games and Lucas Arts from back in the day, still own the original NES I received in 1987, still own a 3do, have a PS2, and all xbox's. THIS IS STILL MY ALL TIME FAVORITE.
  21. Sep 26, 2014
    This game is superb. Aside form the occasional texture glitch and lag for the Xbox, it is a stunning masterpiece. the gun play is fun, the stealth is amazing and the bow is the best experience I've played for a long time. The fire is also fantastic as the fire will spread throughout the land and you'll be in contestant danger. the crafting system is great as you actually have to go out toThis game is superb. Aside form the occasional texture glitch and lag for the Xbox, it is a stunning masterpiece. the gun play is fun, the stealth is amazing and the bow is the best experience I've played for a long time. The fire is also fantastic as the fire will spread throughout the land and you'll be in contestant danger. the crafting system is great as you actually have to go out to different places in the map and find the animals you need. Great game. Great experience. I would recommend this game to anybody Expand
  22. Sep 9, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is one of the best games I had the opportunity to play, the graphics were great for its time, the game has an amazing campaign, is sensational! Venture to say that is the best game from Ubisoft
  23. Aug 31, 2014
    This is a genuinely excellent game. It's rich in almost everything, the tropical island environment, the gunplay, the rpg elements, the detail in everything. it's a fantastic campaign that is great even when you play it over and over. However, the multiplayer is pretty bad but i'm willing to overlook that.
  24. Aug 6, 2014
    Far cry 3’s engaging introduction instantly inflicts emotion and realism towards the player. The captured pirate and wildlife infested island remains mysterious on its back roads, as Jason Brody, the main protagonist must discover. Although the overwhelming size of the island and customizations, it’s a gamers ever wanted playground. The supporting cast in which the story revolves aroundFar cry 3’s engaging introduction instantly inflicts emotion and realism towards the player. The captured pirate and wildlife infested island remains mysterious on its back roads, as Jason Brody, the main protagonist must discover. Although the overwhelming size of the island and customizations, it’s a gamers ever wanted playground. The supporting cast in which the story revolves around are BEYOND amazingly good. The excellent script and creative characters, leaves this game as a remember-able experience. Some of the best unpredictable exploration and free-form open world games sense fallout, which uses its strength of crazy ambition to remain as one of the most appealing and historical mentioned games to date. Expand
  25. Jul 27, 2014
    Good game. The story is great, Jason Brody is an interesting and compelling character, Vaas' character is only surpassed by The Joker the the Batman: Arkham series IMO. He's interesting, unpredictable, bad-ass and INSANE. There's lots of things to do in the story mode, Side-quests, Mini-games, Hunting, Assassination, Exploring and just plain annihilating the pirates! Crafting and theGood game. The story is great, Jason Brody is an interesting and compelling character, Vaas' character is only surpassed by The Joker the the Batman: Arkham series IMO. He's interesting, unpredictable, bad-ass and INSANE. There's lots of things to do in the story mode, Side-quests, Mini-games, Hunting, Assassination, Exploring and just plain annihilating the pirates! Crafting and the Ta-tau add an interesting twist on leveling up, and the take-downs leave you feeling bad-ass. Now i normally dont like Quick-Time-Events (QTE's) in games, but FarCry 3 does them very well. They are well co-coordinated and they do not feel like a last second addition as the did in Halo 4, overall the QTE's are very satisfying, you'll know what i mean when you play FC3. Expand
  26. Jul 4, 2014
    I have never had an issue really with someone disliking or hating a game i loved, difference of opinion is all well and good.....until this game. How could a game be done more perfect than this one in 2012? It nailed EVERYTHING, so why list it? I will say this: I have been looking for a FPS campaign that would blow me away in 2014 that i could get engulfed in like i did Arkham CityI have never had an issue really with someone disliking or hating a game i loved, difference of opinion is all well and good.....until this game. How could a game be done more perfect than this one in 2012? It nailed EVERYTHING, so why list it? I will say this: I have been looking for a FPS campaign that would blow me away in 2014 that i could get engulfed in like i did Arkham City (obviously different genre but still) and this was it. Do yourself a humongous favor and play it. sidenote: one of the best and coolest intros to a game to date. Expand
  27. Jun 20, 2014
    One of the best single player campaigns ever! It really makes you feel like you are part of the story, like it's you on this island in this situation. I love the first person view during cut scenes. The story should be made into a real movie. And It's still fun to just roam around the island and hunt animals, craft bigger wallets and ammo holsters, take over outposts, collect relics andOne of the best single player campaigns ever! It really makes you feel like you are part of the story, like it's you on this island in this situation. I love the first person view during cut scenes. The story should be made into a real movie. And It's still fun to just roam around the island and hunt animals, craft bigger wallets and ammo holsters, take over outposts, collect relics and lost letters from really beautiful places like waterfalls and underwater caves. The tropical island setting is really cool. Highly recommended! Expand
  28. May 27, 2014
    Loved the environment, the graphics, gameplay and story. All of them very very good. Vaas is a great character man... One of the bests. Besides being easy, it's fun and immersive. Waiting for Far Cry 4!!
  29. May 26, 2014
    I loved this game as much as GTA V. Awesome story and awesome open world. Great graphics. It took an entire summer (playing evry day) to complete every single mission and to find the treasures. I lost so many hours doing nothing and having fun with animals and exploring the islands! Try to approach the situation like 'murika, throwing grenades and burning people with a flamethrower or tryI loved this game as much as GTA V. Awesome story and awesome open world. Great graphics. It took an entire summer (playing evry day) to complete every single mission and to find the treasures. I lost so many hours doing nothing and having fun with animals and exploring the islands! Try to approach the situation like 'murika, throwing grenades and burning people with a flamethrower or try with stealth, letting tigers to kill enemies or killing them from behind. And the boss battle, skrillex soundtrack, all the moments that you will remember are too much to not play this game. Expand
  30. May 15, 2014
    A 9 or a 10. That's what this game deserves! One of the best fps games out there! I hated the second one so the third... I wasnt convince... got it for 20$ at walmart and god dam*** it's worth it !! so engaging in every details... so many ways of getting job done. so many side tasks.

BUY IT IF YOU DONT HAVE IT
  31. Feb 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers. This game is one of the best game I have ever played. There are lots of animals you can hunt, Lots of guns you can shoot and lots of vehicles you can drive. Lots of people hated jason but I loved him. I do wish that they kept vaas alive, he was awesome. You should go out and get this game now. Collapse

1. Apr 8, 2013
    Far Cry 3 reaches for greatness, but falls short at merely being really fun. It has a few hiccups here and there and the story is very thin, but the exploration and combat really shine. It's a worthy addition to any collection.
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    Almost everything about Far Cry 3 speaks to the game’s skilled, confident and tightly interwoven design, and players are free to seek their specific flavour of gratification and victory as Jason becomes the most dangerous animal on the island.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    The freeform combat, gorgeous locations, and excellent multiplayer are strong, and Far Cry 3 does a fantastic job of putting the player in the middle of a lawless, chaotic world and letting them get up to whatever they please. Yes, video games are capable of achieving much more than Far Cry 3 does, but it makes a persuasive argument that there's nothing wrong with a guilty pleasure now and again—especially when it's as slickly presented as this is.