8.5

1. Dec 14, 2012
    My thoughts are mixed about this game. I bought it the day it came out but when I started playing it i was not sure what to think. The graphics are really stunning. Farcry3 uses the same as battlefield 3 what makes the game feel very real. But frame rate can be very slow sometimes and some glitches can occur. If you like playing games that feel like a real world this is the game for you.My thoughts are mixed about this game. I bought it the day it came out but when I started playing it i was not sure what to think. The graphics are really stunning. Farcry3 uses the same as battlefield 3 what makes the game feel very real. But frame rate can be very slow sometimes and some glitches can occur. If you like playing games that feel like a real world this is the game for you. But if you rely more on multiplayer action then consider buying black ops 2. Expand
  2. Dec 30, 2013
    I'm totally enjoying playing this game! blowing up the enemy with mines and c4, sniping them from a distance, and I really like using the bow with flame and exploding tips, and the normal arrows are good for taking out guards too.
    I like the way you can knock off enemies using different knife techniques/take downs.
    And those damn guard dogs! :-) and here it comes.....the AI is not
    And those damn guard dogs! :-)
    and here it comes.....the AI is not consistent. I find that sometimes I'm next to an enemy and they don't see me, but other times they do. This makes it difficult to predict or how to approach an enemy base camp.
    I don't think I'm going to bother finding all the relics. I'm not sure if there is a point to or if you are awarded with doing so.
    The game is getting a little repetitive, but still fun to play. Graphic are good, I turned the music off so I don't know if it is any good.
    Its not quite a 9 or 10, and a 8 is a bit low so I'd give it a 8.5 (if I had that option)
  3. Feb 26, 2013
    Huge beautiful open world with a ton of places to explore but after you explore the thing you need and hunt what you need you will find little reason to go back to side missions. Playing as Jason Brody is a drag. Short easy 1000 Gamerscore for this game with a ton of fun parts though. Have to recommend this game.
  4. Apr 24, 2013
    Farcry 3 is a amazing experience and probably one of best games of 2012. The story of Farcry 3 is amazing and Jason main protagonist grows as he is on the island. While the real star of the game is probably Vaas who is one of the main villians the game. The voice acting and the way he acts in the game really makes the player want to kill him. Furthermore, the gameplay of Farcry 3 is alsoFarcry 3 is a amazing experience and probably one of best games of 2012. The story of Farcry 3 is amazing and Jason main protagonist grows as he is on the island. While the real star of the game is probably Vaas who is one of the main villians the game. The voice acting and the way he acts in the game really makes the player want to kill him. Furthermore, the gameplay of Farcry 3 is also amazing with a variety of ways a player can complete the game. You can complete the game stealthy or run and gun throughout the game. In addition, there are many weapons that a player can choose from which can help you be stealthy or help you mow down you enemies. Also the what makes this game different from other games is that you can also hunt animals. There are also many skills that a players changes the pace based on what players choose. Hunting animals actually have a impact on the game and you can create different things from materials found from animals. Even after you complete the game there are many things such as side quests to finish. Another addition the developers added was mulitplayer which wasn't even necessary but a welcome addition. Overall, the game is great with additional content the will make the game last. Expand
  5. Jul 4, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is the shooter 95% of FPS fans want. Why? Adrenaline.
    Set in two tropical islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, the player plays as Jason, an unfortunate young man who’s had the bad luck to go on a vacation with a group of friends to an island infested with drug/human traffickers. What transpires from there is for the player to find out. And oh, is it a hell of a trip.
    Far Cry 3 is the shooter 95% of FPS fans want. Why? Adrenaline.
    Far Cry 3 is an open world first person shooter; this isn’t a game like call of duty, where the player is expected to walk from point A to B without the freedom to choose how, but a game where the player is given complete freedom over how they want to progress. If thorough, halfway through the game the player will find him/herself as a complete badass without feeling too overpowered. The game does an excellent job providing a leveling system that is neat and well rewarding. It’s fun to see what new skills can be unlocked with every new level achieved through experience points, and ultimately putting them to the test.
    Gameplay shines in Far Cry 3. Throughout the game, the player unlocks and has several skills to take advantage either in the environment or during combat. It is ever so fun to sneak behind an enemy, impale him, quickly getting his knife with the other hand, and throwing it to the closest enemy AI, all silently. Guns are varied and so are customizations. Depending on the style of the player, one could either go loud or be a tactical stealthy assassin. The latter proves to be super fun as it provides such a level of adrenaline that is rarely present in a lot of games within the same genre. True, one can feel as a predator, but the enemy AI is smart; they will react to loud noises, sound alarms, and be aggressive. So the hunter will feel hunted as well during missions. Animals also roam around the islands and nearby waters, providing ingredients that can be key to the player’s progress. If the player wants to carry more guns, they will have to hunt down certain animals to build a larger bag. Vehicles are common, and it’s fun to drive them around. Soundtrack is fun, reaching such heights during certain segments of the game that make some missions feel so fun and exciting. A very convenient fast travel system is also present in the game for those who don’t want to spend too much time walking around from mission to mission.
    Far Cry 3’s campaign is for the most part very good. It can become a little dull during the last fourth of the game, but never enough to lose the immersive feeling. Overall it is a fantastic story full of exciting, very well acted characters that only pull the player further into the story. Ending can be a bit cliché, but it’s nothing that breaks the experience. It’s still satisfactory.
    Visuals are outstanding. The jungle environment, mountains, hills, lakes and oceans are beautifully portrayed. It truly feels like one is out in the jungle.
    Far Cry 3 is a satisfactory, thrilling, adrenaline-filled video game that makes the player feel like a badass. There is no shortage of action and adventure.
  6. Dec 20, 2012
    farcry 3 has possibly the coolest ending to a computer game of all time
    I actually laughed out loud at how it got me seriously seriously amazing imo
    The most engrossing and exhilarating game I have played since half life 2. I have never had so many adrenaline rushes from a single player game while at the same time being so immersed and committed to a protagonist yes it's a bit cheesy
    farcry 3 has possibly the coolest ending to a computer game of all time
    I actually laughed out loud at how it got me seriously seriously amazing imo
    The most engrossing and exhilarating game I have played since half life 2.
    I have never had so many adrenaline rushes from a single player game
    while at the same time being so immersed and committed to a protagonist
    yes it's a bit cheesy in places and occasionally a bro fest but the transformation of you and the psychological elements make it a game I will never forget
    not to mention the fact that half way through you gain the ability to FLY
    not actually a spoiler
  7. Mar 14, 2013
    Proof that once more in an open world game, variety and quantity doesn't equate to quality. Far Cry 3 throws an abundance of activities at you and yet non of them or their mechanics are particularly satisfying. You play as carefree fratboy Jason Brody, who along with his equally model-perfect chums, get abducted on an idyllic paradise island, by a group of pirates headed by cliched loony,Proof that once more in an open world game, variety and quantity doesn't equate to quality. Far Cry 3 throws an abundance of activities at you and yet non of them or their mechanics are particularly satisfying. You play as carefree fratboy Jason Brody, who along with his equally model-perfect chums, get abducted on an idyllic paradise island, by a group of pirates headed by cliched loony, Vaas. Even before the prologue is over you'll be struggling with who you hate more. The aforementioned cartoon villain, Vaas, or the nauseating protagonist and his 1-dimensional cast of apparently lab-grown wasters. actually, that's a lie. It's the latter. By a long way. This leaves you with an interesting motivational conundrum: It's hard to play as the 'hero' wanting to save all his poor friends, when you really want nothing more then to aid Vaas in helping him skin the lot of them and sell them back to their parents as designer handbags. But the game doesn't let you do this. So much for choice!
    And while we're on the subject of choice, don't expect it when it comes to the main story. If you're a stealth player expect the game to remove that option for you in favour of explosions and scripted set-pieces. This is particularly galling when so many of the environments are teeming with great ambush possibilities. But even action fans will be disappointed by how little of the environment is actually accessible due to the maddeningly awful and illogical jumping mechanics. Guns feel pretty weak and hit-detection is spotty. The much vaunted animals provide amusing ad lib moments, ruining your or your enemies plans, but quickly become tiresome, particularly as they appear virtually and comically indestructible. Bears and tigers will barely break stride when confronted by such inconveniences as 3 sniper rifle bullets to the face and animals as small as dogs will shrug off petty attacks like being run over by a 4x4. The save system is awful, and the whole island feels plasticky. If all you desire from a game is a huge map, loads of stuff to do (and by that I mean shoot and blow stuff up) and aren't particularly bothered how well it does it, or by how painfully, insultingly vacant the plot and characters are then I can guarantee you will love this game. I found one that constantly teased greatness,, only to waste a whole lot of design potential, to the point where it became an infuriating, vapid bore.
  8. Dec 7, 2012
    I am not enjoying this game at all. it is as dull as dishwater. there is no tension in the game. the big anoying shadow around the grsphics. the water looks very poor. for me this shows how out of date the current xbox is. the sound is terrible. the main badie is annoying and hamy. the side missions boring. attack one outpost and the map becomes easy. AAA it may be but i get noI am not enjoying this game at all. it is as dull as dishwater. there is no tension in the game. the big anoying shadow around the grsphics. the water looks very poor. for me this shows how out of date the current xbox is. the sound is terrible. the main badie is annoying and hamy. the side missions boring. attack one outpost and the map becomes easy. AAA it may be but i get no feeling/tension/feedback from the game. the original farcry is still the best by a country mile. i give this six. Expand
  9. Dec 4, 2012
    This game is out right phenomenal. Everything from the graphics, (minor screen tear on Xbox but not too bad) voice acting, gameplay, and for how long it is, its one of the best campaigns I've ever played in a game and that's saying something. 30 hour campaign? Yes please! All this and I didn't even mention the beefy multiplayer mode, coop, and it even has a damn map editor! You can makeThis game is out right phenomenal. Everything from the graphics, (minor screen tear on Xbox but not too bad) voice acting, gameplay, and for how long it is, its one of the best campaigns I've ever played in a game and that's saying something. 30 hour campaign? Yes please! All this and I didn't even mention the beefy multiplayer mode, coop, and it even has a damn map editor! You can make maps and host games on them as well. All this for just 60$? Hell yeah! Ubisoft has really out done themselves. GOTY in my opinion. I also forgot to mention that Vaas is one of the best villains in gaming! Get this now and support this excellent game! Expand
  10. Dec 6, 2012
    Solid shooting mechanics, a surprising attention put towards narrative (to which it mostly hits home) and a large, densely populated world with a lot of interesting, worthwhile, and, most importantly, fun content to take part in.

Up to even a few weeks before launch, Far Cry 3 was not exactly a game that was high on my list. While I thoroughly enjoyed Far Cry: Instincts Predator when it released on the 360 a fair few years back, it's follow-up (by name alone), Far Cry 2, did little to impress me and much to annoy me. As for Far Cry 3, it is certainly very comparable to the experience found in Far Cry 2, except now with the lack of questionable game mechanics, annoying traveling (it is there, just handled far better this time around) and infuriating ai. Ultimately, Far Cry 3 is essentially Far Cry 2, simply executed far better this time around. If you saw the promise of the series' prior release, but were let down with the end product, it might be worth your time checking this one out. For me, this is certainly a strong contender for my personal game of the year. It's an extremely solid game that seems to have hit, and properly, all of the goals it set to make.
  11. Dec 4, 2012
    this game is great and far cry 3 is big sand box You can kill animals whenever you want Far Cry 3 is all the best things about open-world gaming. It's a glorious anecdote factory, where you manufacture brilliant new memories every time you wake up in a safehouse and head out into the jungle d it always lets you play, but it also controls the tempo - sometimes a little heavy-handedly, butthis game is great and far cry 3 is big sand box You can kill animals whenever you want Far Cry 3 is all the best things about open-world gaming. It's a glorious anecdote factory, where you manufacture brilliant new memories every time you wake up in a safehouse and head out into the jungle d it always lets you play, but it also controls the tempo - sometimes a little heavy-handedly, but always with good intentionsou have a fully featured single-player game that lasts upward of 35 hours or more, depending on how much you want to do. Kills earn you experience, Corpses and chests can be looted for cash and saleable items; you then buy new weapons and maps and to replenish ammo at safe houses. Out in the wild, you collect plant life of various kinds so that you can fill syringes with meds that heal you, make you less vulnerable, or enhance your senses. Expand
  12. Dec 7, 2012
    Plastic paradise anyone? i ll keep this simple.. Graphically its a mess on the xbox 360 it haslow frame rates that make you dizzy, the environment has this sickly cheap plastic sheen, the water effects are appalling, in some parts the water looks more solid than land sometimes it doesnt even move! The whole game with the exception of taking out posts has a been there done that feel forPlastic paradise anyone? i ll keep this simple.. Graphically its a mess on the xbox 360 it haslow frame rates that make you dizzy, the environment has this sickly cheap plastic sheen, the water effects are appalling, in some parts the water looks more solid than land sometimes it doesnt even move! The whole game with the exception of taking out posts has a been there done that feel for example hunting, picking flowers, crafting etc etc..its dull dull dull d d d dull Driving physics in all vehicles are terrible, theres constant information popping up on screen an oddly placed mini map which you cant turn off.. i could go on and on and on and i havnt even got to the story
    In the end the bad far out way the good. Its a far cry from the only FAR CRY.
    This has just too many hallmarks of triple A mediocrity. something for the masses = Far cry 3.
  13. Dec 9, 2012
    I went into Far Cry 3 with high hopes. I was let down very quickly. From the start you are thrust into the story with nothing leading up to it. From there, you are presented with clunky, choppy, BORING gameplay. The story is good and the visuals and scale are amazing, but these things do not make up for the severe lack of things to do in the game outside of the main quest. You have variousI went into Far Cry 3 with high hopes. I was let down very quickly. From the start you are thrust into the story with nothing leading up to it. From there, you are presented with clunky, choppy, BORING gameplay. The story is good and the visuals and scale are amazing, but these things do not make up for the severe lack of things to do in the game outside of the main quest. You have various side-quests but none of them are any fun. They boil down to "go here, kill this" or "Find 2 of these, bring them back." The gunplay is awful; no gun feels like it has any weight to it and they all sound the same, as if the developers copy and pasted the same sounds into each assault rifle. The number of guns you have to choose from is a joke also, not until the last few hours of the game do you actually get more to choose from but none are any good and they all sound the same. This game is riddled with bugs and glitches. Everything from floating enemies to animals that teleport all over the place, it seems as if this game could have spent a little more time in development. Anyone thinking of buying this game...DON'T. This is a solid rental at best. The game has 0 replayability. I regret buying this disaster of a game. Expand
  14. Jul 4, 2014
    I have never had an issue really with someone disliking or hating a game i loved, difference of opinion is all well and good.....until this game. How could a game be done more perfect than this one in 2012? It nailed EVERYTHING, so why list it? I will say this: I have been looking for a FPS campaign that would blow me away in 2014 that i could get engulfed in like i did Arkham CityI have never had an issue really with someone disliking or hating a game i loved, difference of opinion is all well and good.....until this game. How could a game be done more perfect than this one in 2012? It nailed EVERYTHING, so why list it? I will say this: I have been looking for a FPS campaign that would blow me away in 2014 that i could get engulfed in like i did Arkham City (obviously different genre but still) and this was it. Do yourself a humongous favor and play it. sidenote: one of the best and coolest intros to a game to date. Expand
  15. Dec 4, 2012
    Absolutely in love with this game. A huge, beautiful and great, living world with many of things to do besides the very well executed missions. While Ubisoft tried to make their previous installment Far Cry 2 immersive it almost went controversy and a little too realistic. Jamming guns, a lack of hud mode and an overall lack of gameplay features drive you away from the experience. In FarAbsolutely in love with this game. A huge, beautiful and great, living world with many of things to do besides the very well executed missions. While Ubisoft tried to make their previous installment Far Cry 2 immersive it almost went controversy and a little too realistic. Jamming guns, a lack of hud mode and an overall lack of gameplay features drive you away from the experience. In Far Cry 3, things have changed. With the new introduced RPG elements, abilities to craft and the ability to use stealth against your enemies, it actually became lots of fun to travel instead of frustrating. Far Cry 3 offers us what the openworld genre is supposed to offer, while the previous installment was good, it lacked many things that other openworld games had to offer. Besides the addictive singleplayer campaign, there's also a little uninspired, but yet so fun multiplayer with a huge map editor, allowing the people who love to be creative almost unlimited hours of fun. The 6 hour Coop is pretty interesting also, but i personally see much more potential in the Map editors sandbox mode, allowing you to put AI in your maps. Imagine if Ubisoft skipped this whole coop and made it possible for the player to create their OWN coop, each with it's own map and objective. This way, the AI that Ubisoft introduced us would be where it really belongs. Now Far Cry 3 isn't flawless, but offers so much fun and an almost unlimited amount of replay value, making it my personal Game Of The Year 2012. Expand
  16. Jan 13, 2013
    This game is fantastic, with a top notch story, over the top surreal characters that are also enhance with a superb voice casting. With a beautiful landscape and abundance of wildlife you really feel that, you in a vast, wild, untamed land with unexpected encounters. The quests can be rather monotonous at times especially with picking up and delivering items but that being said it isThis game is fantastic, with a top notch story, over the top surreal characters that are also enhance with a superb voice casting. With a beautiful landscape and abundance of wildlife you really feel that, you in a vast, wild, untamed land with unexpected encounters. The quests can be rather monotonous at times especially with picking up and delivering items but that being said it is worth a buy. Oh and the mutliplayer and Co op is also excellent. Expand
  17. Dec 11, 2012
    I played Borderlands 2 and had hours of fun, Halo 4 came out and wowed with it's graphics, now we have Far Cry 3 and at the end of the year no doubt. I have been following this since it was announced and I pre-ordered, mind you I don't typically do that.

I have spent 20+ hours with this done some story missions and climbed about 10 radio towers, there is just so much packed into this game. It took a little bit to get used to, as the game doesn't hold your hands, it gives you the basics and leaves you to your own devices.

Once I got the hang of how the whole thing works I was hunting and crafting to make my hunter more efficient. Vaas is an excellent villain one of the best I've seen in a while. What I love most about this game is the randomness. Yesterday for the heck of it I decided to run into the jungle ran into a rare tiger, fought with him, killed him, then stumbled across a motorboat and drove it down a waterfall.

Started an enemy base on fire that spread into the forest animals scattering everywhere. Then I came across a cave and the game cycle entered night, cave was kind of creepy, then I heard the sounds of something in there, found some good loot, then a bear comes out from deep within the cave and kills me.

This was just 20 minutes of messing around, its easy to loose yourself for hours playing this game. There's just fun around every corner and the encounters are always random and different. I'm very impressed with the amount of constantly random content in this game.

This is my first Far Cry game, the cons always outweighed the pros to me but this one is way different and I'm happy to close off the year with this gem of a game.

Pros:
    -Graphics
    -Gameplay
    -Story
    -Randomness
    -Openworld
    -Vehicles

Cons:
    -Some missions when your near the mission area and try to wander the game warns you "Leaving mission area turn back or fail the mission" this sucks cause the other day I found a rare animal and hunted them, once I skinned the animal I failed and had to restart at the last checkpoint and lost my rare animal skin.
    -I would say the checkpoint system and the inability to save in mission is a setback.
    -Also, you can't change active quest or turn off active quest in game i.e. Skyrim, Borderlands 2.

Other than those minor gripes this is BY FAR my Game of the Year!!!
  18. Jul 24, 2013
    Simply put, Far Cry 3 is my favorite first person shooter of all time. I love this game. Graphics are beautiful, with lots of attention to detail put into making the island really look alive. The story is also very strong as well, with outstanding characters and great progression. But what really makes this my favorite shooter of all time is the gameplay and the gameplay mechanics.Simply put, Far Cry 3 is my favorite first person shooter of all time. I love this game. Graphics are beautiful, with lots of attention to detail put into making the island really look alive. The story is also very strong as well, with outstanding characters and great progression. But what really makes this my favorite shooter of all time is the gameplay and the gameplay mechanics. Getting experience for shooting other pirates and soldiers on the island is fun, and you gradually feel your character become a powerful warrior. This is due to an extremely well done perk unlock system. Whenever you gain enough experience, you are able to unlock another perk. This allows you to perform deadly new attacks, help you survive longer, or be more stealthy. No matter how you choose to play the game, it all feels great. Being stealthy is almost too satisfying, as you quickly and quietly leap out from a hiding place to kill an enemy before going back into hiding. Guns blazing is also very satisfying, as the guns feel powerful and deadly. Far cry 3 is one of those games that I played for hours and hours and never touched the story, but did the side missions instead. It was a game that I simply could not put down. It is an experience that really sticks out in my mind as one of the best games released in a long time. If you are a fan of shooters, RPGs, or open world games, you owe it to yourself to go buy this game. The sheer enjoyment of this game is enough to warrant a perfect score, and the great graphics, story, and character development really make Far Cry 3 an unforgettable experience. Expand
  19. Jan 30, 2013
    As an "older" gamer with young kids, it's not often I'm interested enough to actually play through an entire game. But Far Cry 3 has the right mix of interesting storyline, good gameplay, satisfying item development, enjoyable skill trees, and enough detail to keep me coming back for more. As others have said there are many enjoyable options to approaching any battle situation, fromAs an "older" gamer with young kids, it's not often I'm interested enough to actually play through an entire game. But Far Cry 3 has the right mix of interesting storyline, good gameplay, satisfying item development, enjoyable skill trees, and enough detail to keep me coming back for more. As others have said there are many enjoyable options to approaching any battle situation, from close-quarters stealth takedowns, to sniping from afar, to the balls-to-the-wall guns blazing approach. I would give this game 9.5 overall, which rounds up to 10 in my opinion. Definitely one of the best games of 2012, not to be missed and well worth the investment. Expand
  20. Dec 6, 2012
    huge world,alike assassins`creed,variety in weapons,active nature,middle enemy AI(SMART predator-animals/stupid non-dangerous animals),strong story with strong SIDE-CHARACTERS,sometimes saves system make you angry,VAAS is so lovely.
    when you play "farcry3",first thing you like is you(only you:the gamer);the game respect you and your thinking,make you happy every ways you play.the gameplay is fun and make you to move fast/slow,hunt,hid&seek,adventure and watching the beautiful island.
    story start with a "cliche" but at it is only at beginning furthermore "farcry" serie is based on gun-play or man-hunting.
    map of the game is huge and accessible in most places,graphic elements are good not high(water is solid sometimes,cars at distances are like cubes,textures appear right front of your eyes...) but colors are so alive and lovely.
    missions are base on you skills and learn you how to use them.guns are most times helpful but shotguns are over-powered in enemy hands.the hunting is fun for upgrades and money but gamers must be cautious about predators.music is the only weak spot of the game,it is dizzy and out most of the times.
  21. Dec 4, 2012
    So I have played around 10 hours and to me this is my game of the year. The campaign absorbed me into Rook island and the performances from the characters is phenomenal. Vaas is the perfect villian and Jason with his innocent tone changed throughout the campaign provides an amazing experience. The game is far improved since Far Cry 2 but there are a still few enemy glitches and some verySo I have played around 10 hours and to me this is my game of the year. The campaign absorbed me into Rook island and the performances from the characters is phenomenal. Vaas is the perfect villian and Jason with his innocent tone changed throughout the campaign provides an amazing experience. The game is far improved since Far Cry 2 but there are a still few enemy glitches and some very minor screen tearing but that doesn't deter you from what is an amazing game. The multiplayer is kind of basic but once people start creating maps I believe that will help it feel unique and fun. The map editor is amazing and gives you more tools than ever and the level of creativity and detail you can create is immense. The graphics are very good for these old consoles, the mechanics are well done, and the replayibility to me is limitless. Overall this is one of my favorite games this gen. Expand
  22. May 6, 2013
    Having enjoyed the first two installments of Far Cry, I thought I would give Far Cry 3 a whirl. While it has many similar features to Far Cry 2, this time around those features have been improved and added to. Travelling around the game world is far less tedious than previously, missions are far less repetitive, there is a much wider range of things to do than in previous games and theHaving enjoyed the first two installments of Far Cry, I thought I would give Far Cry 3 a whirl. While it has many similar features to Far Cry 2, this time around those features have been improved and added to. Travelling around the game world is far less tedious than previously, missions are far less repetitive, there is a much wider range of things to do than in previous games and the story is a lot tighter. There are some parts of the game that are not so good the story, whilst ambitious, falls short of it's own ambitions and feels a little forced, the main character's personal journey does not really feel plausible, the guns all feel very similar and lack realism, there is not real feeling of survivalism as money is plentiful and you can unlock all the weapons without having to pay for them. Having said all that, Far Cry 3 is a lot of fun, has a long campaign by the standards of other FPS' and at least tries to have somewhere deep storyline. Well worth a look! Expand
  23. Dec 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game was a splendid experience. The gameplay is fun and immersive, everything can be going right while you're setting some wild pig on fire, then out of nowhere a lion is mauling you in the face, and some pirates decide to throw bullets and an rpg-7 at you. The locale and graphics are stunning, enough to keep you simply looking around for hours, much like Skyrim.

This game would be worth a 10 if the story didn't fall flat on it's face after a certain event. Play it and you'll know what I mean.
  24. Apr 24, 2013
    Never have i been more bored in my life while playing a game. Far Cry 3's story is alright at best with good villians and allies. Jason on the other hand just sounds annoying and i just didn't like him. Gameplay is unforgiving if you even show your shoulder to any bad guy as the will gun you down like the scene in robo cop (see robo cop to know what I'm talking about) and it wasn't funNever have i been more bored in my life while playing a game. Far Cry 3's story is alright at best with good villians and allies. Jason on the other hand just sounds annoying and i just didn't like him. Gameplay is unforgiving if you even show your shoulder to any bad guy as the will gun you down like the scene in robo cop (see robo cop to know what I'm talking about) and it wasn't fun Graphics for the xbox are not very good. I would play it on PC. Hunting is rewarding but BORING i spent at least 6 hours looking for animals just so i would get a better ammo pouch or other items. Rook Island is a nice place to explore all of itself and I recommend it. Let's end with this, Far Cry 2 had it's share of problems but it it better then this average sandbox tiger em up Expand
  25. Jun 14, 2013
    Really fun game play, OK story. The game world is beautiful and assassination are a new feature in a tired fps genre. MP however is very underwhelming, with a cool to use map editior, the MP could have been great. Unfortunately the lack of vehicles or CTF make Far cry 3 MP a cod clone. Get it for the Sp, the MP is useless.
  26. Dec 11, 2014
    This game is visually stunning. The A.I. is very well developed, forcing you in most cases to use your brain, your surroundings and your focus. The crafting system is a little clunky and the map a bit hard to read in certain cases, nonetheless that only takes away a small amount of fun. The driving is fun and different, the boating is fun and feels real. The character builds are a bitThis game is visually stunning. The A.I. is very well developed, forcing you in most cases to use your brain, your surroundings and your focus. The crafting system is a little clunky and the map a bit hard to read in certain cases, nonetheless that only takes away a small amount of fun. The driving is fun and different, the boating is fun and feels real. The character builds are a bit lack-luster (excluding Vaas of course) but they are still stronger than average. The story has its great moments and weaker moments, but because of the visually stunning appearance, landscape, weapons and just fun, i must give it a 9 Expand
  27. Jan 23, 2013
    It really is like Skyrim with guns. While the gunplay isn't as solid as some of the more popular FPSs of today, everything else is. It has all the expected aspects of an open world game, but the modern tropical setting gives it a new punch. I haven't played any of the previous Far Cry games, but Red Dead Redemption with assault weapons sounds just as promising as Far Cry 3 delivers.It really is like Skyrim with guns. While the gunplay isn't as solid as some of the more popular FPSs of today, everything else is. It has all the expected aspects of an open world game, but the modern tropical setting gives it a new punch. I haven't played any of the previous Far Cry games, but Red Dead Redemption with assault weapons sounds just as promising as Far Cry 3 delivers. Graphical prowess is prevalent throughout the game, with every area of the map available without a loading screen, and a new fantastic checkpoint system that merely marks an opaque square on the map that can be seen from any angle and through any mountain. Its remarkably simple, but somehow, and unfortunately, this mechanic is relatively unused. The co-op of Far Cry 3, however, is remarkably unpolished. Much unlike the single player, it is glitch-ridden, and death via moving vehicles or falling through the ground is lasting until a partner reaches a far away checkpoint. The objectives are unforgivingly repetitive, and the difficulty is un-scaling, independent on the number of players. This makes completing any of the 3 hours missions with 2 players on any difficulty above easy a tedious task. The multiplayer is also extremely generic, and isn't even worth touching. Finally, I touch on the single player. The story starts off with you, and your douchebaggy pals, living on the wild side, skydiving and island exploring. Your group is kidnapped, and after you escape, you must rescue your friends. Despite this underwhelming start, Far Cry 3 winds an engaging story told in fantastic ways. Symbolic psychedelic cutscenes are scattered across the game, where you actually take control and traverse these trippy environments to really story twists and hint at future events. This mechanic works really well, and feels unique and original. The loot system, once understood, is complex, and balanced. Animal skins are used to craft equipment and healing syringes, and other equipment is sold for ammo. As areas are unlocked, guns become available for free, and you become more and more powerful. Completing objectives nets you "skill points" that you can use to attain new "skills", like faster reloading and increased health. One of the best skill mechanics allows you to perform certain actions while still sprinting, thus giving you the power to avoid what has been a video game staple. Far Cry 3 could have been a generic open-world FPS, but small details and advanced story telling bring it to a new level. It proves another step in pushing out the stereotypicals (Homefront, ..yeah, mostly Homefront) that are continuously produced and sold in the FPS market. Expand
  28. Dec 9, 2012
    After finally finishing the campaign, I can safely give Far Cry 3 a 9 out of 10. The story is easy to follow but still engaging. There are some emotional moments here and there, but that is not the moral of the story, the point of this game is survival. You hunt animals and people, try to save your captured friends, drive, glide, parkour, kill, dive, explore, and the list goes on andAfter finally finishing the campaign, I can safely give Far Cry 3 a 9 out of 10. The story is easy to follow but still engaging. There are some emotional moments here and there, but that is not the moral of the story, the point of this game is survival. You hunt animals and people, try to save your captured friends, drive, glide, parkour, kill, dive, explore, and the list goes on and on. The side missions are short but sweet, and most have them have a funny ending to them. Crafting is an important element to the game. You must hunt for game and collect herbs to craft materials and tools such as wallets, ammo pouches, and medicine. You can play the game however you want. You have the choice to take down the bad guys using stealth, brute frontal assault, or a mixture of both! There are some problems with the game that forces me to give this game only a 9 out of 10. First, the glitches are abundant in this game. There is one glitch where the shadow of your gun is permanently stuck on the ground and will follow you until you exit the game and come back. Enemies will sometimes see you through walls and trees, but you can't see them. This will cause them to ring the alarm, which will call for reinforcements. (Reinforcements are a pain in the A** to deal with) Those are the only problems I have with the game, but the rest is pure awesomeness. This game is a must buy game. This is a definite nominee for GOTY. Expand
  29. Feb 26, 2013
    While it is a good shooter, Far Cry 3 isn't nothing more. It has a big map, but boring though. The map just feels all the same, but, it has a good quality though. The plot is predictable and not very catchy at the beginning. Otherwise, the AI is pretty good and the weapons are well made. Even if i love game with skills (or RPG elements in general), I totally hated this aspect of FC3. NotWhile it is a good shooter, Far Cry 3 isn't nothing more. It has a big map, but boring though. The map just feels all the same, but, it has a good quality though. The plot is predictable and not very catchy at the beginning. Otherwise, the AI is pretty good and the weapons are well made. Even if i love game with skills (or RPG elements in general), I totally hated this aspect of FC3. Not well developed. It also really doesn't feel like an open world game, because, even if you're doing it in a big open map, all you've got to do is going from A to B. The characters are well developed. Generally, it is a funny game, but definitely not the best. Expand
  30. Feb 25, 2013
    Excellent game The game Far Cry 2 should 've been.
    Excellent game The game Far Cry 2 should 've been.
    It takes the best elements from Red Dead Redemption, GTA and Far Cry and melds them together into a wonderfully enjoyable romp through the Jungles, roads and seas. Plenty of bad guys, animals and missions to keep you interested. Also the combat is very good, they must 've sacked the guys from Far Cry 2 and employed some competent programmers Well done!
  31. Apr 28, 2013
    The game is great, it is the best far cry that has been made. The leveling system is deep although I found that I had myself completely leveled before I had even finshed all of my side missions which made them feel pointless. It is a great game that can make you feel like a bad ass and there are many ways to get things done. I prefer the sniper rifle and assault rifle. I did everything inThe game is great, it is the best far cry that has been made. The leveling system is deep although I found that I had myself completely leveled before I had even finshed all of my side missions which made them feel pointless. It is a great game that can make you feel like a bad ass and there are many ways to get things done. I prefer the sniper rifle and assault rifle. I did everything in the game. replay ability isn't there for me but it should be played for the experience at least once all the way though Expand
  32. Dec 10, 2012
    Possible Game of the Year material. I play a lot of games. I can't say I played them all though, so instead of saying that this IS game of the year material I'll say it
  33. Jan 5, 2013
    Good-Opening intro when you start the game is awesome. The main villain did some really good acting, it really got me into it and from there the chase was a good start. Then it happend...

Bad- As soon as I started climbing the first antenna tower it started feeling like ANY Assassins Creed from the last 3 years. Boring climbing, zipline feels forced. The animal skinning kept me going until I realized how similar to red dead and other AC games it was. Ugly- Felt too much like an AC way too early. (Chapter 3)
  34. Dec 4, 2012
    This is the best FPS game in a long time, hell it's one of the best game of ths generation. There is so much content in the game, and it is all quality content. The main campaign last around 12 hours if you rush it, but I spent over 25 hours on the single player and I still have stuff to do. The co-op campaign is much shorter at around 4 hours, but it's still a lot of fun and worth a playThis is the best FPS game in a long time, hell it's one of the best game of ths generation. There is so much content in the game, and it is all quality content. The main campaign last around 12 hours if you rush it, but I spent over 25 hours on the single player and I still have stuff to do. The co-op campaign is much shorter at around 4 hours, but it's still a lot of fun and worth a play through. I am also pleasently surprised by the online multiplayer as well, it feels and plays great, there are lots of unlockables, challenges, tattoo editor and also a fantastic map editor. The map editor is AMAZING, and I have already played on some great user created maps, it just a shame that you can't do multiplayer with vehicles, which was a big feature of previous Far Cry games, and they are needed because the map size you are given is huge. (HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE UBISOFT)
    In short this game is a masterpiece, great story which had me confused, but in a good way, it fitted the games insanity theme, good online with massive potential in the map editor, there is a tons of content in this game. Buy it.
  35. Dec 12, 2012
    Pros: Great story line, lots of side missions, big map to roam
    Pros: Great story line, lots of side missions, big map to roam
    Cons: Tearing in graphics, horrible driving mechanics, to much crafing/herbing required, main story is too short, enemies too easy to kill. With all the cons of this title i still enjoyed it very much. Side missions make up the bulk of this game. hunting,crafting,herbing is dreadful and made to keep you busy. I skipped hunting,herbing,crafting and just played the game with one weapon at a time and was still very easy to beat missions.
  36. Dec 5, 2012
    This game is the best game i played this year. The gameplay is just phenomenal. Id say it coul be a better stealth game overall than dishonored or hitman, better action game than halo4. The guns and shooting feels tight, so many things to do ranging from hunting, crafting, clearing outposts, heck i even had more fun playing far cry than skyrim, me3, halo4, dishonored or hitman. The senseThis game is the best game i played this year. The gameplay is just phenomenal. Id say it coul be a better stealth game overall than dishonored or hitman, better action game than halo4. The guns and shooting feels tight, so many things to do ranging from hunting, crafting, clearing outposts, heck i even had more fun playing far cry than skyrim, me3, halo4, dishonored or hitman. The sense of place is Just as cool. Graphics look amazing, i didnt know the xbox 360 could pull of the graphics. Wow i just cant say enough about this game. Its just like a great experience that you never want to end. Expand
  37. Jan 2, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is awesome, and in my opinion easily game of the year. There is so much to do in this game, so ill start with the singleplayer. You are Jason Brody, an over privileged kid, when you and your friends are captured by crazy, slave trading pirates you have to escape and find a way to rescue your friends and escape the island. The story is excellent with Vaas being one of the bestFar Cry 3 is awesome, and in my opinion easily game of the year. There is so much to do in this game, so ill start with the singleplayer. You are Jason Brody, an over privileged kid, when you and your friends are captured by crazy, slave trading pirates you have to escape and find a way to rescue your friends and escape the island. The story is excellent with Vaas being one of the best video game villains in recent memory. That's not to say it doesn't have its shortcomings, at time the narrative can become a bit cliche, and slow, but that is my only gripe. apart from the main quest there are radio towers, which once climbed reveal areas of the map, grant you free weapons and reveal all the enemies forts in the area. Once you clear an enemy fort, you gain access to side missions in that region, as well as a fast travel point. This is a great system where one thing leads to another and you can easily waste hours just screwing around. on top of that there is hunting, which is very fun to do, you have animals ranging from tapirs to tigers, deer to crocodiles and even sharks! Hunting also has a purpose as you hunt for animal skins to upgrade your equipment, like your rucksack, wallet and weapon holster. The open world is a large, beautiful, tropical island, filled with ruins caves and wildlife, the gameplay is solid, and takes a page out of RPG's where as you level up you can spend skill points to further customize your play style, my only problem with this is that it is possible to get every skill, i wish it was a little more specialized so if i wanted to be a ninja, i would have to play like one. Overall the single player is not one to be missed and easily the best experience of the year. Muliplayer however, while not fantastic is not bad. It is a typical FPS style multiplayer, build a class, unlock as you progress etc. My favourite game mode was firestorm, where you have to simultaneously ignite your oppositions barrels. Fire then spreads throughout the map cutting off certain routes. It is a fun and interesting game mode to play, and i recommend you give it a go. Then there is even Coop, which is fun and takes place 6 months prior to the singleplayer. Overall the Coop is a solid addition, which can be a bit tedious if you have less than 3 players. Then you have the map editor, which is awesome, the options are extremely robust, and you can create almost anything you can imagine. My only gripe being the controls being a little difficult at times to use. (But that's consoles for ya!). Overall Far Cry is an amazing game, i couldn't give it more praise, a few hiccups sadly prevent me from giving it the 10, but however this is easily the best game released this year, and i recommend it to anyone and everyone. Expand
  38. Feb 5, 2013
    GAME OF THE YEAR 2012 this game is amazing great graphics great game play great story and the best video game villain ever this game is amazing every one should play it a ton of content and amazing characters get this game
  39. Feb 7, 2013
    the guy vaas witt the mohawk is pretty cool but there is no trace of garfield whatsoever
    0/100000 DONT BOTHER PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  40. Feb 14, 2013
    Don't believe the hype. While Far Cry 3 is a solid game, it lacks the depth needed to be truly excellent. Full Review Here http://alloyseven.com/articles/game/item/83-fc3qr
  41. Feb 15, 2013
    This game is going to have to be a favorite for me. The graphics are beautiful, good story, and there is just so much to do. So many side missions to play and unlock. Over 30 animals to hunt! This game deserves a 10 but I rated 9 because there could've been a little more to it. The multiplayer is kinda worthless and not worth paying 10 bucks to play (Yes you have to pay for multiplayerThis game is going to have to be a favorite for me. The graphics are beautiful, good story, and there is just so much to do. So many side missions to play and unlock. Over 30 animals to hunt! This game deserves a 10 but I rated 9 because there could've been a little more to it. The multiplayer is kinda worthless and not worth paying 10 bucks to play (Yes you have to pay for multiplayer after you payed for the game...) So don't get it used! If I had know the multiplayer was terrible i wouldn't of gotten it. People are barely ever on and it takes forever to get into a game. The CO-OP is ok but could've been better. But other than that this game surely is amazing! Expand
  42. Jul 18, 2013
    Truth be told, I rate this game an 8.5. It isn't in the class of Red Dead Redemption or Mass Effect 2, but its definitely in the next tier. The game uses the exact system as Assassin's Creed and the similarities are too close sometimes; however this game is a much better fleshed out version, with less swinging around and far more sandbox gameplay. The only serious flaw this game has is theTruth be told, I rate this game an 8.5. It isn't in the class of Red Dead Redemption or Mass Effect 2, but its definitely in the next tier. The game uses the exact system as Assassin's Creed and the similarities are too close sometimes; however this game is a much better fleshed out version, with less swinging around and far more sandbox gameplay. The only serious flaw this game has is the load times a fairly lengthy....and if you aren't familiar with open world games, a lot of the play is repititive.....but clocking in at over 100 hours so far I ain't complaining.

Open World 9
    Story 7
    Gameplay 8
    Length the whole 10; main story 6
    Fun 10
  43. Oct 4, 2013
    Far cry 3 is the best game in the franchise. It puts you in a lush amazing world were you have to ability to explore different islands do side quests and just blow up! it lets you choose how to do a mission, from stealth to total guns blazing. getting new tattoos so you have new you could say powers to help you survive the island. oh and the new enemy voss is dun perfectly never have IFar cry 3 is the best game in the franchise. It puts you in a lush amazing world were you have to ability to explore different islands do side quests and just blow up! it lets you choose how to do a mission, from stealth to total guns blazing. getting new tattoos so you have new you could say powers to help you survive the island. oh and the new enemy voss is dun perfectly never have I ever been so immersed in a game. and it comes with a full length multiplayer, and a co-op campaign and map editor. now the map editor is clearly made and designed for pc because it is extremely hard to use on the Xbox. You can also download other maps that people made and play them with friends or random people in a death match or strategic match. Now for some of the games faults. First for some reason the game wouldn't save at sometimes. and my game occasionally froze and I had to restart my Xbox witch I didn't enjoy. also some random frame rate issues. and once you beat the game it just feels like a big open world but that's it there is nothing left to do and it gets kind of boring. but I love this game no matter what so I give it a 9/10 I would given it higher but its to late. Also guys check out my new youtube chanel AverageGamerReviews2 and subscribe because I will be bringing you all the news and reviews of the games coming out 3013-2014 Expand
  44. Aug 19, 2013

This game would be

45. Nov 25, 2013
    I really don't have much to rag on for Far Cry III. This game has it all. Here's some of Far Cry III's biggest strengths:
    -Top quality voice acting & character animations
    -High quality story -Great combat (if you use it right. You can either just go in guns blazing or try for more stealth-based combat. I opt for the latter which has made my gameplaying experience SO much better!) -The
    -Top quality voice acting & character animations
    -High quality story
    -The best villain I've ever played against: Vaas.
    -An open, lush environment
    -A pretty cool RPG-esque level up system.

Now, you may have heard this game is Skyrim with guns. As awesome as the game is, it'd be a lie to say that it's anything like the Elder Scrolls. NPC interaction is pretty limited, sidequests are really basic and you don't level up in nearly as much detail as Skyrim. That being said, I still loved the game. Buy it now!
  46. May 26, 2014
    I loved this game as much as GTA V. Awesome story and awesome open world. Great graphics. It took an entire summer (playing evry day) to complete every single mission and to find the treasures. I lost so many hours doing nothing and having fun with animals and exploring the islands! Try to approach the situation like 'murika, throwing grenades and burning people with a flamethrower or tryI loved this game as much as GTA V. Awesome story and awesome open world. Great graphics. It took an entire summer (playing evry day) to complete every single mission and to find the treasures. I lost so many hours doing nothing and having fun with animals and exploring the islands! Try to approach the situation like 'murika, throwing grenades and burning people with a flamethrower or try with stealth, letting tigers to kill enemies or killing them from behind. And the boss battle, skrillex soundtrack, all the moments that you will remember are too much to not play this game. Expand
  47. Jan 7, 2013
    Nearly perfect. While a few quests can be a bit samey and some of the side quests seem really pointless, the rest of the game is excellent. Has a great story with excellent characters and a bit of a disturbing look into the what can happen to someone's mind under the right circumstances.
  48. Jan 27, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was one of the best games of 2012 hands down. Great characters, awesome graphics and killer gameplay. The story left a little bit to be desired, but still phenomenal.
  49. Dec 17, 2012
    I found this to be a very good game. I enjoyed the story a great deal and let myself become attached to the characters I interacted with (as you should to really enjoy good games). Action was fun.

Cons: AI cant see you in broad daylight 20 feet away when crouched. Enemies have the skyrim complex and one you hide again they stop looking within a few seconds. Sometimes. Sometimes they check your last location. Even on hard I never really needed to use cover much and that was just with a bow. I really enjoyed this game and felt it was worth 50 bucks, something I rarely say. Idk about the multi or co-op yet.
  50. Aug 11, 2013
    I want to like this game. It has a lot to do and explore. Your character can kill off enemies easily by backstabbing and shooting. There are interesting dream sequences. But I do not like this game for its absolutely horrible difficulty, even on "Easy" mode, and its absolutely evil antagonist. I hate this game.
  51. Feb 7, 2013
    Amazing game gorgeous graphics amazing weapons and all round fun. The game has one heck of a storyline that made me cry. The guns are great, the bow is one the best with the wind drop. The action is incredible. This is hands down the best game of 2012 well done ubisoft
  52. Dec 9, 2012
    Oh God..... I LOVE this game!! THE best sandpit experience ever and major contender for game of the year. The freedom to follow the story campaign and divert to side missions, or just explore is brilliant. Just to go hunting and stumble upon hidden caves, (full of goodies and collectables) or jump off a mountain in a hang glider and choose any destination to land is freedom afforded byOh God..... I LOVE this game!! THE best sandpit experience ever and major contender for game of the year. The freedom to follow the story campaign and divert to side missions, or just explore is brilliant. Just to go hunting and stumble upon hidden caves, (full of goodies and collectables) or jump off a mountain in a hang glider and choose any destination to land is freedom afforded by very few games. And trouble is never far away whether you are free roaming or questing, be it human or wild beast. Simply.............. AWESOME !!!! Collapse
  53. Dec 4, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is a game I coul'd wait for but when it came out it was quite disappointing. Graphics are ok but not adequate for a game in 2012 which calls itself "best game of the year". The story was ok and provides you also a lot of open world sandbox gameplay. You can (almost) everytime do what you want to do. Mapping is nicely dont except some border which are pretty annoying - you can'tFar Cry 3 is a game I coul'd wait for but when it came out it was quite disappointing. Graphics are ok but not adequate for a game in 2012 which calls itself "best game of the year". The story was ok and provides you also a lot of open world sandbox gameplay. You can (almost) everytime do what you want to do. Mapping is nicely dont except some border which are pretty annoying - you can't go over them so you have to jump (even if it's only a cm) -> alerts the enemies. The AI is not the best but they're ok. The singleplayer offered me about 10 hours individual gameplay (story) + a lot of additional time to explore, capture checkpoints, doing nice missions, unlocking perks. Rating for the singleplayer ~8/10
    The multiplayer is UNPLAYABLE!!! Matchmaking does not work, lobbys are bugged %95 and does not start the game. It's not only me - everybody is having these problems and it is a shame they released such a buggy product. When it works the multiplayer is quite laggy -> not really fun. They provided some unique features for example the "killcam" or the dicision if you as a winner execute or exempt the loser. But all in all it's just a ~2/10
    A few years ago it would have been a great game but in 2012 it lacks of quality - and it's a SHAME to release such a buggy game!
  54. Dec 13, 2012
    This game is a decent shooter, the weapons are satisfying to use and there is some intense shooting, there is option to an stealth aproach and is satisfying to cleanse an outpost of enemies without been seen. However, this game isn't Skyrim tropical island version, if you are expecting deep RPG mechanics and involving side quests you are going to be dissapointed. It is a game about a guyThis game is a decent shooter, the weapons are satisfying to use and there is some intense shooting, there is option to an stealth aproach and is satisfying to cleanse an outpost of enemies without been seen. However, this game isn't Skyrim tropical island version, if you are expecting deep RPG mechanics and involving side quests you are going to be dissapointed. It is a game about a guy with guns that shoot other guys with guns, outside the main storyline, you just kill alot of guys with red shirts for no real reason but only for your amusement, its a Call of Duty on a island, less scripted and with more options. If compared with Call of Duty, its a more complex game, but when compared with other open world games it's a little too shallow. Expand
  55. Jan 1, 2013
    A simply brilliant game. Fantastic shooting, good graphics and an enjoyable story. The co-op mode is good fun too, the best compliment I can give this game is that it is fun to play and does not become a chore at any point. A big improvement on Far Cry 2.
  56. Jan 12, 2013
    Although the graphics are nice, they seem too fake. The sound quality is pretty bad, especially for the islanders - they all sound 'tinny'. The fighting as alright with a fine ability to do it stealthily, although it's nothing special. The story is pretty obvious, plus having mission areas is annoying. As different as the environment is to most games, it gets repetitive soon and theAlthough the graphics are nice, they seem too fake. The sound quality is pretty bad, especially for the islanders - they all sound 'tinny'. The fighting as alright with a fine ability to do it stealthily, although it's nothing special. The story is pretty obvious, plus having mission areas is annoying. As different as the environment is to most games, it gets repetitive soon and the overall game just doesn't have enough to do in it to make you want to keep playing. Expand
  57. Mar 7, 2013
    This game, as said by many others, can be considered the "Skyrim" of the modern FPS. There is plenty to do, quite a bit of customization, and a strong storyline. Not to mention a game changing decision that can be made to affect your ending of the game. You pretty much get to play the game how you want to play it. Sneaky, guns blazing, or a mixture of both, is all up to you. I'm glad IThis game, as said by many others, can be considered the "Skyrim" of the modern FPS. There is plenty to do, quite a bit of customization, and a strong storyline. Not to mention a game changing decision that can be made to affect your ending of the game. You pretty much get to play the game how you want to play it. Sneaky, guns blazing, or a mixture of both, is all up to you. I'm glad I picked it up and am looking forward to beating it a second time. Expand
  58. Mar 19, 2013
    I'm not the kind of gamer who can play at 10-15 hour game and keep interested. Far Cry 3 proved me wrong. The story was interesting and I really felt like the main character. I usually stick to main story quests to finish the game quick but I quickly found myself exploring the island, hunting, and doing optional quests. Overall, a beautiful game and engaging story. Must buy!
  59. Apr 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game that grips you with its gameplay, but the story is lacking focus on what should be needed in a game like this, when you have a character like Vaas, focus on him. Jason is just a Boy Scout who doesn't have anything interesting, other than almost slitting his girlfriend's throat (Depending on Ending) I just hope that if there is a 4, bring back the ghost of Vaas xD Expand
  60. Aug 5, 2013
    One of the best open-world video games to date. Far Cry 3 has managed to capture the world of desolate, pirate-ruled countries extremely well, giving us an inside look on what it's like to live somewhere invaded by force. The story that plays through the game is really engaging, being one of the only open-world games that caught my attention with the missions. Unlike Grand Theft Auto, theOne of the best open-world video games to date. Far Cry 3 has managed to capture the world of desolate, pirate-ruled countries extremely well, giving us an inside look on what it's like to live somewhere invaded by force. The story that plays through the game is really engaging, being one of the only open-world games that caught my attention with the missions. Unlike Grand Theft Auto, the campaign in Far Cry 3 keeps on bringing me back for more, and not teasing me with pointless missions and objectives that make no changes to the game whatsoever. This game is also massive, and has lasted me almost an entire year without fail. The map just gets bigger and bigger, and the story never seems to end; when you defeat what you thought was the final boss, an entirely new island is unveiled, it really is enormous. The only problems I had with Far Cry 3 were the graphics that failed to impress, and the score that did get slightly repetitive, but apart from that the game was perfect. Expand
  61. Dec 10, 2012
    UPDATE: after playing this game some more, my original score of 7 seems a little generous. I would like to make some complaints starting with the graphics. The frame rate is quite bad for starters. Also, as you approach some objects in the game world you'll notice they kind of ''de-rez'' and reappear for some odd reason. Like a lamp or piece of equipment on the ground. WTF is up withUPDATE: after playing this game some more, my original score of 7 seems a little generous. I would like to make some complaints starting with the graphics. The frame rate is quite bad for starters. Also, as you approach some objects in the game world you'll notice they kind of ''de-rez'' and reappear for some odd reason. Like a lamp or piece of equipment on the ground. WTF is up with that? Getting a close up kill or searching a body reveals horrible textures and the see through effect. Oh yeah, the water is horrible too. It barely moves no matter if you're looking at it from the ground or swimming on the surface. Hardly any animations. Now if water didn't play such a large part in the game environment I would forgive this but for taking place on a huge group of islands you can't help but notice how bad it looks every time you play. Bioshock from 5 years back has water that looks lightyears ahead of FC3. The animals are cool but their sounds get annoying really fast. If there's a big group of them together it sounds ridiculous. The enemy chatter is repetitious, all you hear from them is complaints of the heat and getting VD. Hate to continue the negatives here but there are many. The menu system is poorly designed and convoluted. The game is constantly throwing messages at you on screen which is distracting. Compared to FC2, FC3 has made some improvements. No more respawning enemies and easier fast travel to name a couple. Overall, it just feels rehashed and tired to me though. I actually prefer FC2 overall I think...call me crazy I know. Expand
  62. Dec 4, 2012
    Many aspects of Far Cry 3 take credit for the undeniable perfection of the game. 1. Visually we are presented to a world with an immense feeling of variety and depth, so far unmatched. The jungle of Rook Islands is first-of-a-kind creation in gaming history, only rivaled by Skyrim (mod'ed) imo. 2. Far Cry 3 is stuffed with amazing characters that keeps getting more crazy as the gameMany aspects of Far Cry 3 take credit for the undeniable perfection of the game. 1. Visually we are presented to a world with an immense feeling of variety and depth, so far unmatched. The jungle of Rook Islands is first-of-a-kind creation in gaming history, only rivaled by Skyrim (mod'ed) imo. 2. Far Cry 3 is stuffed with amazing characters that keeps getting more crazy as the game progresses, but above all stands Vaas: so crazy, so funny, so scary, so ambivalent, FC3 has gotten its own Dark Knight Joker. 3. The synthesis of camera, music, sounds, visuals and continuity when we explore the Rook Islands is everything Far Cry 2 didnt have, especially the continuity. We would perform the same identical actions over n over n over again, the definition of insanity... In FC3 we do the exact same things over n over n over again, but because the game in visuals and experience is so tasty, u feel like u could go on forever liberating outposts and rerouting radio-towers. 4. Our main character, Jason. Finally a game that shows interest in the fact that killing does change you. Jason goes through a psychological development that I personally haven't seen the likes of ever, this is also why Vaas is so important, there is such a strong relation between him and Jason that grows as Jason keeps rampaging. All these games about killing, shooting, murdering, never have I seen any sign of these actions affecting the main characters. A unique touch to FC3 without doubt, and it succeeds without doubt. I would keep praising this game in all eternity, but these aspects are more that enough for a 10.
    Buy it n enjoy it, definitely worth it.
  63. Jan 9, 2013
    As I started the game of Far Cry 3, I had no idea what to expect. I have not played any of the other games of the series, but this game definitely caught my attention with how stunning it looked. So once I popped it in, I was instantly hooked, it's like something how I wanted Dead Island more to be like. The gameplay is simple and easy to maneuver, the frame rate could be better but soAs I started the game of Far Cry 3, I had no idea what to expect. I have not played any of the other games of the series, but this game definitely caught my attention with how stunning it looked. So once I popped it in, I was instantly hooked, it's like something how I wanted Dead Island more to be like. The gameplay is simple and easy to maneuver, the frame rate could be better but so many things are going on, it's withstandable, graphics to die for, glitches minimal and could be fixed with one easy patch once their all pointed out. And I just love how it almost never breaks out of first person perspective, making everything just feel so interactive. This has brought back hope for FPS's for me, and hopefully for many others. After you're done with this game, no matter which ending you choose...you'll be taught the definition of insanity. Expand
  64. Dec 4, 2012
    Phenomenal game. Rarely do I spend time writing reviews, but this one deserves it.

A brief personal purchase history from the last 6 months: Borderlands 2, Halo 4, Dishonored, Black Ops 2. Far Cry 3 is more *fun* than any of these other games, and has more single player content than all except Borderlands 2. Personally I've grown bored of the sameness in Borderlands, whereas Far Cry

Far Cry 3 is more *fun* than any of these other games, and has more single player content than all except Borderlands 2. Personally I've grown bored of the sameness in Borderlands, whereas Far Cry 3 feels like a breath of fresh air. Realistic graphics and weaponry and excellent AI are such a pleasant thing to experience.

I'll list the few negatives first, then the positives to leave you on a high as is befitting the game :-)

Negatives:

* There's only one save game per playthrough. You can have up to 3 playthroughs. I find this annoying and unnecessary - if you want to get certain more predictable parts of the game out of the way to unlock more skills and weaponry, then make a memorable save from which you can start replaying to enjoy the carnage when you're at your most powerful, the only way is to backup your single save game to a memory stick. Not the end of the world, but it seems a shame.

* Early in my first playthrough I saved/quit just as I was throwing a molotov. Following this my player has had a molotov bottle sticking out of his right hand, permanently! This was very annoying, especially when holding the bow undrawn since his right hand is close to his face then and it was huge! But this is a bug that a patch will sort out I'm sure, and it hasn't happened on my second playthrough.

Positives (there are many!):

Graphically it is excellent - sometimes breathtaking, most of the time simply up there with the best. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the best looking console game ever (indeed, many people say that about Halo 4 which simply isn't true. Look at Killzone 3 or Mass Effect 3!). However the environments look impressively realistic, as do the animals. The people look very good at the distance you typically see them, though the consoles are getting old enough now for texture detail to disappoint in most games. It's fair to say the amount of foliage you see in this game along with some truly amazing effects such as dynamic fire and water make it one of the best looking Xbox games. Though when you're driving in your car it doesn't look better than GTA 4 did from the same perspective all those years ago.

Gameplay - brilliant. If you like sandbox games and enjoyed the stealth vs action choice of Dishonored you will love this game. As with Dishonored you can play as fast-with-action or slow-with-cunning as you like. There are some awesomely kickass kill moves you can gain through unlocked skills, plus the controls are top notch for movement across terrain and general FPS'ing.

Story - the story is engaging and exciting because of the crazy characters you meet, how well defined each is, how different they are from one another, and the award-worthy performances of the real-world actors playing them.

Value for money - I played for 20-25 hours to complete about 60-70% of the game. I've done everything except mission boards (you'll understand from other reviews or playing it yourself). And it's the first game this year besides Dishonored that I've wanted to go back and play again, just to do things differently the second time around. There are 38 outposts in the game, each is akin to a mini Dishonored mission where you have varying enemies in different patrolling patterns amongst different building configurations. You can eliminate them as you please: run and gun, death by stealth, environment kills (e.g. set fire to surrounding grassland and watch it spread to their buildings!) and animal assassinations (shoot cages to let loose tigers, bears etc. or entice animals to the enemy's location).

Summary:

I'd describe FC3 both graphically and in terms of gameplay as half first person Just Cause 2, half Dishonored. It has amazing stealth skills you can learn (e.g. assassinate a guy, whip the pin out of his grenade and kick him away!) plus some great FPS action with tight controls in a visual busy jungle environment.

For me it's game of the year. I feel bad for Dishonored, because that was a phenomenal game but just a bit too short for my liking. FC3 is a bit more fun because it gives you more content and some brilliant vehicles and environment mechanics like realistic spreading fire that really up the ante.

Buy it. Buy it now.
  65. Dec 4, 2012
    Best game of this year, nuff said. And no, I'm not a fanboy. What can I say, it's a truly epic game with a great and intense story that is both dark and engagingly emotional. The graphics on consoles and on PC are both superb and one of the best looking game of this generation. Brian Tyler is the composer of the game's soundtrack, and to be honest, it's eargasmic. I love the soundtracks aBest game of this year, nuff said. And no, I'm not a fanboy. What can I say, it's a truly epic game with a great and intense story that is both dark and engagingly emotional. The graphics on consoles and on PC are both superb and one of the best looking game of this generation. Brian Tyler is the composer of the game's soundtrack, and to be honest, it's eargasmic. I love the soundtracks a lot and it also fits well with every scene. The gameplay is smooth compared to Far Cry 2. There's a lot of content and the map editor has seen some huge improvements! Expand
  66. Dec 14, 2012
    The game is so fun, it could be the game of the year for me. But it isn't, for a one clearly understandable mistake. Matchmaking. The matchmaking is so fudged up, you barely can join a game and have fun, and if you manage to join, there's a 30% chance of getting the message "Migration of Host in progress" and then you mostly lose connection to host. But let's go back to singleplayer. YouThe game is so fun, it could be the game of the year for me. But it isn't, for a one clearly understandable mistake. Matchmaking. The matchmaking is so fudged up, you barely can join a game and have fun, and if you manage to join, there's a 30% chance of getting the message "Migration of Host in progress" and then you mostly lose connection to host. But let's go back to singleplayer. You start off as a teenager when you get captured and you need to save your friends. The story isn't the greatest, but the gameplay covers any possible aspect of the game and you feel like you just have to play on and on and on. I recommend this to anyone who likes sandbox games, first-person shooters or even adventure games. Not complaining about the graphics, which are nice, but it looks a bit cartoonish in it's own way. Expand
  67. Jan 15, 2013
    Best game in the series !! What a surprise ! I couldnt stop playing this game . I am an assasins creed fan and the similarities between these two game is unreal but it works and it realy is brilliant . Biggest surprise of 2012 and most overlooked !
  68. Jan 16, 2013
    I can think of only one thing about this game that I would change, and it's not a game breaker, it's being able to store your looted items (and in all honesty I may have just missed a place where you can do this).

Farcry 3 has me absolutely hooked. I cant turn on my Xbox now without sticking the disc in and going on an adventure. Whether it;s carrying on with the brilliantly written story or side quests, or just liberating a camp or two this game has me in its clutches.

- Great visuals. The graphics themselves are lovely and the small touches like the fact that if you sprint and jump into water, you end up diving, healing yourself with no meds still makes me cringe.
    - The vehicles work well too. With a good variation and great driving mechanics
    - a good selection of weapons, and they're upgradeable
    - the story line has me gripped, a tense thrill ride with more ups and downs than you can count
    - The hunting is great fun, as are all of the side quests and little bits to do here and there

Whoever you are, and whatever you are into. Buy this. Buy it, treasure it and never let it out of your sight.

The only downside to this is that other games that I was really enjoying are now going to be nowhere near as good... which will be a shame.... If I ever get back to playing them....
  69. Mar 26, 2013
    Great first person shooter mixed with open world environment. It does get a little repetitive, but there are many different tasks, side missions, etc to follow along with the main story line to keep you entertained. The story line alone was enough for to keep me going.
  70. Apr 23, 2013
    Mother of God this is a fantastic game. Mechanically, it is the best FPS I've ever played. Short of a few story missions that require you to use a direct assault method, the game is as tactical as you want it to be. A lot is made of good IA or bad IA or clever IA, but I'd say this game has the most fun IA I've ever experienced. The games rules work, consistently, all the time. This seemsMother of God this is a fantastic game. Mechanically, it is the best FPS I've ever played. Short of a few story missions that require you to use a direct assault method, the game is as tactical as you want it to be. A lot is made of good IA or bad IA or clever IA, but I'd say this game has the most fun IA I've ever experienced. The games rules work, consistently, all the time. This seems like it should be easy, but almost all other games fail. What I mean in this case is that you can accurately predict the outcome of your tactics and attempts to manipulate the IA and it is incredibly rewarding. If you are 500 yards away from an enemy base with a sniper rifle, you can wreck havok on them. If you are properly concealed by forest or bushes, they will not be able to spot you. I'd say the best comparison I can make for this game is Crysis 1 Just Cause 2, but better. There are a million things to do and all of them feed into XP or equipment, so everything is both fun and rewarding. The gun play, on top of fun IA and stealth options, is spot on as well. I'd give the PC version a 10 and the console version a 9, just because of the framerate (which is poor, but playable). Really, truly the best shooter of this generation. I can't decide if it beats Half-Life 2, since that is a bit of apples vs oranges. Expand
  71. Apr 27, 2013
    This is by far one of the greatest games I have played in my past years. It has everything you could want from animals and plants you use the resources of to survive to a great storyline and its open world so you can continue playing the game even after you have completed the main story.
  72. May 1, 2013
    I really think this is worth your money. I got it because it looked crazy, and weird (which it is) and I got more than I expected. The story is amazing, and has the best bad guy of all time. I even felt bad when he dies. After finishing the main campaign I captured every enemy camp, and did almost every side quest. I thought I would have restarted, but I feel like one play through isI really think this is worth your money. I got it because it looked crazy, and weird (which it is) and I got more than I expected. The story is amazing, and has the best bad guy of all time. I even felt bad when he dies. After finishing the main campaign I captured every enemy camp, and did almost every side quest. I thought I would have restarted, but I feel like one play through is enough. That is the only reason I'm giving it an 8 out of 10. I feel like this kind of game should have good quests and a and missions that will last as long as Skyrim did. All of the good missions end after about the 23 hour mark. Still is amazing though, and definitely worth your time. Expand
  73. May 15, 2013
    Far cry 3 is a really good game not great but good. There is a ton of stuff to do in side missions and exploration. The main story itself starts off really slow in my opinion but picks up and becomes enjoyable. However after what seems to be the end of the game turns into a convoluted grasping at staws how to we end this story. All that being said Far cry 3 is a fun game and it gives you aFar cry 3 is a really good game not great but good. There is a ton of stuff to do in side missions and exploration. The main story itself starts off really slow in my opinion but picks up and becomes enjoyable. However after what seems to be the end of the game turns into a convoluted grasping at staws how to we end this story. All that being said Far cry 3 is a fun game and it gives you a lot to do. Just do not expect a satisfying resolution to the end game. Expand
  74. Jan 28, 2014
    This is a great game. It's epic. The only reason I am not giving it a ten is because it's not the best I've ever played, but it's def one of the tops on the list. It gas a great level up system. Hunting to upgrade your stuff is fun and was a great idea. I normally am not a stealth type player , but even going in stealth mode on this game was fun. The game starts off good, then gets aThis is a great game. It's epic. The only reason I am not giving it a ten is because it's not the best I've ever played, but it's def one of the tops on the list. It gas a great level up system. Hunting to upgrade your stuff is fun and was a great idea. I normally am not a stealth type player , but even going in stealth mode on this game was fun. The game starts off good, then gets a little better, and by the time you are deep into the story you will be sitting on the edge of your seat . It's a definite buy and I very picky on actual buys. It has a good amount of replay value and even just doing the story without side missions you will still get your money worth out of hrs played. I still have not gotten every achievement. This talking about it has got me ready to play it now lol. Right now I'm playing Dead Island and it's a suckfest. So go buy far cry 3 and enjoy..

Also I have noticed that ppl complain about there not being a lot of guns. But there is a decent amount and you have many mod options on em. And I'm sure the ppl complaining didn't do as many side missions as me. To let you in without a spoiler . Let's just say there are quite a few more guns than you are expected to believe.
  75. Feb 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is one of the best game I have ever played. There are lots of animals you can hunt, Lots of guns you can shoot and lots of vehicles you can drive. Lots of people hated jason but I loved him. I do wish that they kept vaas alive, he was awesome. You should go out and get this game now. Expand
  76. Oct 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of my all time favorite games. You have to hunt animals to get new and better gear, explore the land/radio towers for new guns and maps, and can approach fun varied missions in any style you choose. Amazing fun for multiple plays. great story and long play aswell Expand
  77. Mar 25, 2013
    This game was fantastic. As soon as i started playing I didn't want to stop until I got 100%. It took me about 30 hours to complete everything. I would have given this a 10 if it wasn't for the tedious CO-OP, and the lack of a reason to keep playing once you finish the story and the liberation of outposts.
  78. Dec 4, 2012
    I've played every big game this year and this by far beats them all. amazing graphics solid game play, amazing fps, this game has something for everyone. best part for me is about to snipe in to an enemy camp and suddenly your hear a growl behind you turn around and theres a lion ready to pounce and kill you!!! cant praise this game enough the story plus side missions is well over 35hr+I've played every big game this year and this by far beats them all. amazing graphics solid game play, amazing fps, this game has something for everyone. best part for me is about to snipe in to an enemy camp and suddenly your hear a growl behind you turn around and theres a lion ready to pounce and kill you!!! cant praise this game enough the story plus side missions is well over 35hr+ game play even just free roaming has you constantly battling with the jungle. this by far is GOTY by far best far cry to date and probably best game i've ever played. Expand
  79. Dec 29, 2012
    This game sucks and its not even ready to be released.
    BE AWARE it doest support SLI/CF and any multi GPU card such as HD 6990 in my case.

UBISOFT support sucks big time too check my ticket:

[Crash] in game
    Reference # 121207-000341
    Date Created 12/07/2012 Status Updated

Almost a month in my and others problems are not solved, stay away and don't buy.
  80. Dec 26, 2012
    I think this game is amazing most addictive single player in a long time. Cant believe what some people are moaning about. "getting headaches" ! MAN UP! "Only bought it for the map editor" If thats how you get your kicks then your boring.
  81. Dec 4, 2012
    The trailers all said Far Cry 3 is "like Skyrim with guns." Understand that when I say this is untrue, I mean it in a good way. This game, like Far Cry 2, has its own identity, and it is amazing. Perfect for sandbox fans, Far Cry 3 has the crazy fun of Just Cause 2 with the refined gameplay of a modern FPS and a better story than you'll find in either..

Visuals: 9 Gameplay: 9.5 Story:

Visuals: 9
    Gameplay: 9.5
    Story: 8.5
    Variety: 10

I'd give it an overall 9.5, but if it's 9 or 10 I'd round it up to 10.
  82. Dec 8, 2012
    For the 60 dollars you have one of the most enjoyable games of the year!!! Well worth the money I've spent 30 hours looking for relics, hunting and doing missions and only maybe opened about half the map. Im guessing 60 hours of gameplay!! Thats getting my moneys worth!!!
  83. Dec 4, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is probably the best sandbox shooter and a lovable alternative to those who do not like Borderlands. There is so much to do in this game and makes it very much worth the money. Ubisoft Montreal have fixed all the game ruining glitches that have come from Far Cry 2. But when creating a massive world, it can't be perfect so there are still a few glitches here and there, but in myFar Cry 3 is probably the best sandbox shooter and a lovable alternative to those who do not like Borderlands. There is so much to do in this game and makes it very much worth the money. Ubisoft Montreal have fixed all the game ruining glitches that have come from Far Cry 2. But when creating a massive world, it can't be perfect so there are still a few glitches here and there, but in my experience I have seen nothing so far that has made me unable to complete a mission or side mission. This is an amazing experience and is very enjoyable challenge for people who like to run and gun and the people who love stealth games. Expand
  84. Feb 15, 2013
    Best game of 2012..everything about this game is amazing.. I'm still playing it every now and then, a month after beating it.go buy it ...its a million miles better than call of booty... booooom!
  85. Dec 4, 2012
    First off, to address another review below: Did you just seriously say "Graphics are ok but not adequate for a game in 2012"?? You do realize you're reviewing a game for a console that is over seven years old, right? Don't hate the game, hate the outdated console that runs the game. Now, that being said, Far Cry 3 is an extremely ambitious title. You can see from the start that the devsFirst off, to address another review below: Did you just seriously say "Graphics are ok but not adequate for a game in 2012"?? You do realize you're reviewing a game for a console that is over seven years old, right? Don't hate the game, hate the outdated console that runs the game. Now, that being said, Far Cry 3 is an extremely ambitious title. You can see from the start that the devs put their back into this one, taking what wasn't great in FC2 out, and adding in... Well... Rook Island. Skyrim with guns? Not quite. A well-versed all around great shooter, RPG, stealth, sandbox game? Definitely. Multiplayer leaves something to be desired however, with a co-op 'campaign' that makes you go "Meh" and a flawed matchmaking system. However, the potential of the map editor (Like FC2) is obvious, but without a backing Ubisoft, the feature may go unnoticed by most due to its less than stellar matchmaking which will hopefully be addressed in a future patch. Definitely worth your time. Pick it up. Expand
  86. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I give this game a 10/10 because well it's a perfect first person shooter. To start this review off, The intro was amazing. I actually thought it was happening until I see that I am locked in a cage having the intro played on the phone by Vaas, the main villain. The story goes as you , Jason Brody, are trapped on an island with your two brothers and your friends. During the game, you come across tigers, lions, practically any animal you can think of. You can skin the animals and make new pouches or sell the skin to get new weapons. There are many weapons in Far Cry 3 , Even a flamethrower ! The games missions are fun and invigorating. Sometimes you will have to press buttons during cut scenes to get away from pirates , the main enemy. The game , aside from main missions, has side quests and other fun activities you can do. for example, you can go hunt animals or pirates and get XP from it. the game also has a skill tree you can use to get upgrades for your character. The map is not fully unlocked once you get in the game , you must activate radio towers (18) of them to unlock more areas of the map. there is also 38 enemy camps you can take over and have fast travel locations. Overall, this game is fun, exciting, and fairly easy. I would recommend this to anyone who likes FPS RPG games. 10/10 Expand
  87. Dec 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good game, I played for several hours and this game deserves a score of 10, this time to the game's nailed in adventure challenges.Are to be congratulated. Expand
  88. Jan 3, 2013
    one of the top 5 games of 2012, although a little more mystical than i thought watching the trailers, without spoiling anything. overall; multiplayer is very good with its new co-op mode with it's own storyline and single player is immersive and consists of 38 main missions making for a worth while but not repetitive story. plus it still has it's map editor as seen in FC 2!
  89. Jan 18, 2013
    One of the best games of 2012 . Farcry 3 has improved quite a bit well at least i thought it did. It was really really fun. The Environment was beautiful and the storyline was amazing. It has everything u would want in a open world game. I would seriosuly recommend this game for gamers who love open world games.
  90. Feb 24, 2013
    Grade: high end of 8.5, singelplayer 10,Multiplayer 7. Gameplay (reviewed on normal diff): Singleplayer;starts a little slow and easy makeing it a little boring but after an hour or so gets addictive,fun,and hard to put down. It is a real treat and lots of content, will have you jumping back like a scary movie at many differnt turns, a true open world (U do not have to turn on radio towersGrade: high end of 8.5, singelplayer 10,Multiplayer 7. Gameplay (reviewed on normal diff): Singleplayer;starts a little slow and easy makeing it a little boring but after an hour or so gets addictive,fun,and hard to put down. It is a real treat and lots of content, will have you jumping back like a scary movie at many differnt turns, a true open world (U do not have to turn on radio towers or use fast travel its up to U,some parts of missions do make you stay on mission track for a small time). Autosave is execuded near perfect, best I have seen in most games. Fast travel is great (did get glitch stuck around 4 times during game and fast travel set me free). Mini games are plentiful and chalenging but with the exception of trials there is no score traking I found (did I beat this min game alreay on hardest dif and what was my time? glitch if you drive to race mini vehicle to get there will be gone win or lose you may be walking). Controls are superb. Exploring; caves, underwater wreckage, WWII bunkers, Jungles filled with wild animals could not ask for more.multiplayer; nothing special and co-op is fun and would bring my multiplayer score up if it was not so buggy to point of needing an emrgency patch. Graphics: Amazing waxy look like a bannana plant is that real or fake love em, Water is flat at time ocean is more like the gulf,but this game has the bext underwater,scare the hell out of yaand makes you fill like you are swimming graphics I have ever seen. sky; lighting is gorgeouse, but no moving cloudes(there are formation change from night to day smart), rain is superb. sound: Great music, main charecter is disapointing, why do we have to sound like a puss, when all the other charecters are so tough love em all. Effects are all superb. Menu: skill tree takes away from open world do to fact item locks are implemended till finishing some missions one point I had 4 skills to spend over 4000xp and no unloked skills available to choose,there is no real path ut is more an xp store, like the Idea and earning skills(which realy as great skills to learn) but the tree wass poorly designed. Letters, Loot,and relics; have funny descrips with the excepiton of relics which seemed to be unfinshed(find a relic menu has you look at it no description after 120 times going in menu to remove notification gets annoying). Encycopedia;is hilarious and a pleaure to few from animals,guns,people,and vehicles, grade A+. Get this game if you loved Far Cry 2 or are new to liberating 3rd world countries. Expand
  91. Apr 12, 2013
    A great game, The campaign is long enough, and interesting. The multiplayer is not so great, but it doesn't ruin the great singleplayer experience. Most of the sidemissions are not too great but it doesn't matter. On the xbox360 the graphix are kinda good, but at the same time really rough on the edges. But the good gameplay and the good story and the great open world make this game a mustA great game, The campaign is long enough, and interesting. The multiplayer is not so great, but it doesn't ruin the great singleplayer experience. Most of the sidemissions are not too great but it doesn't matter. On the xbox360 the graphix are kinda good, but at the same time really rough on the edges. But the good gameplay and the good story and the great open world make this game a must buy for FPS fans. Expand
  92. Jul 10, 2013
    Awesome game. The campaing is the amazing and very intense. There are both stealth and great shooting missions, which makes the game very balanced and not boring at all to the player. I just wish the multiplayer was that awesome. There are not too many people playing and it's reminds a lot of CoD: MW structure. The history is clearly the strong point of the game and won't disappoint anyone!
  93. Jul 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 has set a new standard for open-world games. The location you play at is detailed and feels alive. The characters, story, and of course, the gameplay is top notch. Far Cry 3 is a must play and should not be passed by any gamer that enjoys FPSs.
  94. Dec 1, 2013
    MUST PLAY!!! If you enjoyed playing Red Dead Redemption you will enjoy this game.
    I've played Far Cry 2 on the same system, and pretty much everything that annoyed me in the last game got fixed!
    I give this game a solid 9. It's not perfect but it deserves it: Let's start with the negatives: -I found storyline boring and quite stupid. Especially moments when he blacks out and there is
    I give this game a solid 9. It's not perfect but it deserves it:
    Let's start with the negatives:

-I found storyline boring and quite stupid. Especially moments when he blacks out and there is a stupid action event knife fight.
    - Main character Jason is kind of a doushe bro and I found him annoying, well that's ok with me. I really dont' care.
    -I really don't care about his friends either. They seemed like bunch of self entitled rich kids to me.
    -Only one type of the environment, just the jungle. In second one there was Savannah and the jungle. May be in the next game you can get on the plane and fly to another island with different scenery.

Now what I like in this game:
    +It's a gorgeous looking game, and I'm a person who doesn't really care about the graphics.
    +This game has a BOW, and you can do some Rambo like killing with it.
    +What is awesome about this video game that you have and open world to explore. Meet new bad guys and them kill them. It's not just your regular FPS, you get to sneak on some bad dudes and cut their throats, that's what I found the best about this game. Only few missions are sneak around only, but for the most of the game you don't have to sneak around even once.
    +Can customize weapons
    +Killing animals and crafting stuff
    +Putting this on fire is pretty cool
    and so on...

I would definately pick up this game if I were you, it's pretty cheap now and it is definitely worth it.
  95. Feb 19, 2014
    I like this game quite a bit but a huge downfall was the fact that you can't carry anything. I found the crafting to be boring and unnecessary. The open world feels isolated and empty in comparison to Just Cause 2. This is also one of those games where you can die just by jumping down a small ledge.
  96. Oct 2, 2014
    WOW, JUST WOW! I am still feeling this way about this game a year later. This game literally cherry picked all the fun elements you enjoyed in all of the other leading titles out around this time and rolled it up into one fat game. This set the bar for me.

Maybe I am biased because this game really hit home for me. I am in my early 30's, have grown up in southern California my whole life. As I played this game it was too easy to imagine this being me or what would I have done with my friends and it was overwhelmingly relateable. I became emotionaly vested in the characters and became overwhelmingly addicted to this game. At first I had to learn the format of this game and how the skills (tattoos) you receive effect your performance. This in itself can seem like a chore as if you are like me you have played games before, with different formats, and later discovered after adjusting to the format that the game sucked. Not this game!

I was quickly versed in the basics and became a pro as I went. I got lost for hours swimming, exploring, hunting, and trying my luck at some of the mini challenges or side quests that build your arsenal and your skills. The achievments are a lot of fun on this game. Some seem absolutely impossible, until you try it and damn is it fun! This game literally has everything. From cliff diving, eating magical mushrooms, skydiving, hunting, swimming, action, sex, nudity, adventure, a sense of being a part of something greater, a story worthy of a hollywood movie, humor, fun, excitement and ultimately a huge choice to make at the end of the game.

I loved the Apocolypse now reference and you will too. If you have no clue what I am talking about, pop in the movie and watch the first 30 minutes of it. All you need to watch is the scene when they raid the beaches of Vietnam with music bumping on their heli's. If you watch that and play this game all the way through, you will know what I mean. This game is so satisfying and so worth your time.

I often am critical of games that have been recycled and it has come to my attention that they borrowed the set from "Dead Island" for this game or was it the other way around? Either way I have not played Dead Island, maybe I would have felt different about this game. Hard to imagine with hands down the best storyline I have ever experienced in a game, hands down.

The online play is fun. If you are an avid COD fan they missed the bar here a bit, however compared to recent releases like Titanfall and Destiny, I'd say this online multiplayer crushes Titanfall and still holds strong against some of the co-op and versus games of Destiny.

One last thing, if you played the other 2 games and were somewhat let down or not as entertained by Far Cry 2 as you were with Far Cry 1, that will not be the case here. Although if you got used to the Far Cry 2 format, you may be turned off by this one, or like me love it and see the brilliance in it.

Go out and get this game. You can probably get it for a steal.

As it stands now this is my ALL TIME FAVORITE GAME. And I have been playing video games since 1984 when I played atari and asteroids at Marie Calendars. I have owned and played almost every console released since the 80's. This even includes educational games from Socrates, was a huge fan PC Sierra Games and Lucas Arts from back in the day, still own the original NES I received in 1987, still own a 3do, have a PS2, and all xbox's. THIS IS STILL MY ALL TIME FAVORITE.
  97. Dec 9, 2012
    Read Charlius 2's review (5 rating) and he hit the nail on the head with the myriad problems with this game, especially the graphics on the 360. As soon as I got a headache the third straight time I played it I sold it back to GameStop. I mean, c'mon, there is NO excuse for the FPS. The people at GS told me that the problem is due to the sheer amount of stuff happening on screen, and IRead Charlius 2's review (5 rating) and he hit the nail on the head with the myriad problems with this game, especially the graphics on the 360. As soon as I got a headache the third straight time I played it I sold it back to GameStop. I mean, c'mon, there is NO excuse for the FPS. The people at GS told me that the problem is due to the sheer amount of stuff happening on screen, and I thought to myself, are you kidding me, there's hardly anything happening except shrubbery (and boy, I love a good quest to go and get me some shrubs). Also, I have to say, those damn messages that keep appearing every time you successfully take a dump are annoying as cuss. Anyways, I can't believe this game has received universal acclaim for the XBOX despite being trite and boring as cuss. Do yourself a favor and rent before you buy. Also do yourself a favor and play Alan Wake and see what a little real creativity can do to gaming. Expand
  98. Dec 4, 2012
    It's not often that a game gets to me (or a 9 either) but when you wake up and the first thing that pops into your head is how you are going to get rid of that troublesome sniper or whether you should go Tapir hunting or not is a sign that it's gotten under my skin. The wow factor is there, the world feels wide open and begs to be explored. The wildlife is amazingly well done, forgetIt's not often that a game gets to me (or a 9 either) but when you wake up and the first thing that pops into your head is how you are going to get rid of that troublesome sniper or whether you should go Tapir hunting or not is a sign that it's gotten under my skin. The wow factor is there, the world feels wide open and begs to be explored. The wildlife is amazingly well done, forget running up to animals and dropping them, the deer are shy and bound away at the slightest sound, you have to stalk these babies, sometimes you'll end up being the hunted and get taken out by something you didn't even see sneaking up on you.The game world is changing and dynamic, you have to think about you actions and run and gun will sometimes work but more often than not you'll end up dead. The story, it's a long time since I was into a story in a game, Far Cry 3s plot is well done and the main villain is superbly scripted and acted. Of course it's not all a walk in the park there are some things that grate a bot and lessen the fluidity of the game, the menu/skills system is a bit clunky and takes some getting used to, the enemy AI is good but the difficulty setting should be ramped up to hardest to be more of a challenge, Multiplayer matches: takes ages to find a game but once you're in....it's pretty damn good, pitched just this side of hardcore, bullets deal heavy damage and good weapon moddeling, some good maps in there and a map editor that'll give people the chance to throw their own creations out there and no rip off rent a sever fees.. Total respect to Ubisoft for getting this game out there, when you see what can be done on one disc and with the aging 360 it makes you wonder why we bother developing new consoles instead of putting the talent into designing the games themselves. Far Cry 3 is what gaming should be, a sense of freedom and possibilities. Anyone one who thinks recycled rehashed cash cows like MW3 and Blops2 are good, try this you'll be blown away. Get it. P.S. Watch out for those pesky tigers Expand
  99. Feb 25, 2013
    Far Cry 3 came as quite surprise to me. I wasn't sure what to expect seeing as each of the games are not very connectable from their story lines and I didn't watch any gameplay prior to buying the game. However the words "Its like Fallout, except in the jungle" shattered any anticipation for what was to come. The story of a man turning almost to insanity as he tries to save his friendsFar Cry 3 came as quite surprise to me. I wasn't sure what to expect seeing as each of the games are not very connectable from their story lines and I didn't watch any gameplay prior to buying the game. However the words "Its like Fallout, except in the jungle" shattered any anticipation for what was to come. The story of a man turning almost to insanity as he tries to save his friends from captivity on an island full of maniac pirates seems like an idea that would interesting a film where all attention could be focused on the characters. Though in the form of a game, the story is quite boring and felt like it dragged on but it certainly wasn't bad. Many people will probably enjoy as it suprisingly has much depth. The gameplay makes the game which in itself is a good sign seeing as the presentation seems to overshadow it at first glance. The shooting mechanics are fun and theres a variety of upgrades to suit.The combat situations are interesting and the game allows you to choose how you go about fighting. Story missions are more to guide you through mechanics in the game and further the story as doing your own thing in the sandbox area is where most of the fun comes from. At the same time, the island may look nice to look at, there isn't much actually out there. The presentation is beautiful. The island is wondrous to see, and there are many gorgeous set pieces. It even has a sort of slight cell shade style added to give it an extra gleam and not to mention, the facial animations are great. Overall Far Cry 3 was a great game which was really fun and interesting while also not submitting to modern shooter game cliches. However it failed to keep me interested the whole time and at times it felt like a skip button should've been added as I had no interest in the storyline at all. This game was quite the surprise from EA so if you assumed it was another washed up fps then I advise you look again. Expand
  100. Jan 12, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a mixed bad with great graphics and open gameplay hamstrung by the most awful menu and out-of-gameplay interface I have ever seen (including its tie-in with the nothing but annoying Uplay system). Other parts are just plain amusing, as in the main character with a wimpy personality that you just want to **** slap. You would think that after killing some fifty plus animals heFar Cry 3 is a mixed bad with great graphics and open gameplay hamstrung by the most awful menu and out-of-gameplay interface I have ever seen (including its tie-in with the nothing but annoying Uplay system). Other parts are just plain amusing, as in the main character with a wimpy personality that you just want to **** slap. You would think that after killing some fifty plus animals he would stop being disgusted... Ohhh gross ;) Expand
  101. Dec 9, 2012

1. Apr 8, 2013
    Far Cry 3 reaches for greatness, but falls short at merely being really fun. It has a few hiccups here and there and the story is very thin, but the exploration and combat really shine. It's a worthy addition to any collection.
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    Almost everything about Far Cry 3 speaks to the game’s skilled, confident and tightly interwoven design, and players are free to seek their specific flavour of gratification and victory as Jason becomes the most dangerous animal on the island.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    The freeform combat, gorgeous locations, and excellent multiplayer are strong, and Far Cry 3 does a fantastic job of putting the player in the middle of a lawless, chaotic world and letting them get up to whatever they please. Yes, video games are capable of achieving much more than Far Cry 3 does, but it makes a persuasive argument that there's nothing wrong with a guilty pleasure now and again—especially when it's as slickly presented as this is.