6.0

1. Sep 25, 2012
    they could at least change the engine! this game is like CoD, except it has no competition and thus, no one complains about it being the same over and over
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    Massively disappointed! The 'first touch' feature provides a 'touch' that seems somewhat overkill. The AI is lacking the 'intelligence', as the game is so riddled with misplaced passes, through balls when no through ball was pressed, etc etc. You would never see a premier league football team **** and misplace as often as they do throughout this version of Fifa.
  3. Oct 4, 2012
    A very bad game. When you're playing the computer the only way they make it harder is by making everything go against you (such as decisions, poor first touches, rubbish passes, awful luck in front of goal.) Another point is how when you're online the game clearly chooses which player to favour. One game I can play and all of what I try comes off without fail but in the next nothing seems to work! I've spoke to a few friends about this bullsh*t and they agree. I think that KSI (YouTube guy) has made points about the game being "scripted" and I can see what he means. Surely the people who are reading this can agree? In other news, career has minor improvements but it's still too bland to be any fun. Ultimate Team has had it's day, it's now very boring and Pro Clubs still sucks. EA Sports NEEDS some decent opposition, or we're doomed. Expand
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    I don't understand why this game has so many negative reviews, because it is awesome. There is no need to make big changes to the game every year, because unlike last PES games, FIFA is already great, why would you make profound changes to it? It just needs a little tweaking in some features. After playing FIFA 13 for a few days, I went to play FIFA 12 online against a friend of mine who hasn't got the new one yet, and guess what: FIFA 12 IS OFFICIALLY OBSOLETE!! Expand
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    The main problem for me is that we are paying 59 bucks for the same game. There is no difference at all between 12 and 13, it is the exactly same game with the updated licenses.
  6. Sep 25, 2012
    Its the better soccer game. It has a lot of great features, like match day and 1st touch. Has a lot of teams, a lot of game modes online and offline. Its the best game of sport.
  7. Oct 5, 2012
    I wish this game had some competition because right now it has NONE and EA knows it. The first touch is BAD, It's a good idea and does change the way the game is played, but when you have players like Messi, Iniesta and Xavi mis-controlling first touches to the extent that you'd expect from players from League 1 teams such as Tranmere, It ruins the game.
  8. Sep 30, 2012
    FIFA 13 is another poorly made cash grab with cheap graphics and nothing new to offer, basically a blatant remake of the other games. The other thing good about it is it's soundtrack, but not even the soundtrack can save it from being a waste of gaming technology.
  9. Oct 5, 2012
    Between the new silly first touch system,the amount of missed placed passes and through balls that happen in one match i don't know which is the worst and also the players feel like they are stuck in mud when trying to move with the ball.FIFA has gone back 3 or 4 years with this years edition
  10. Sep 25, 2012
    Unfortunately FIFA 13 suffers from the same online play that it's predassor had before. It is like playing two completely different games online and offline. Offline is fun challenging and makes the game as good as it can be. Online however is a different story the game is slow the computers are less intelligent do not make runs and preform unnatural moves. The seasons mode is a nice change however the gameplay still is not right. Take call of duty for example the same gameplay feel offlline as it is online, FIFA just simply misses the mark.

Offline 9/10
    Online 4/10
  11. Sep 28, 2012
    This game would be a 10, if only EA coders could be able to .... code, properly.
    I think this is the most buggiest FIFA ever, and probably one of the buggiest videogame ever released.
    After paying 50 Euro for this crap I am totally unsatisfied:
    ultimate team players who get a red card become banned forever
    you get cards to recover from injuries but none of your players will ever get an
    injury
    auction house is totally broken, giving a new error almost every day

If they can fix all these bugs this vote could grow, untill then you can save your money!
  12. Oct 4, 2012
    FIFA 13 might be the most fun, best FIFA in terms of gameplay. If you're playing offline against a friend. If you want to play online, good luck. If you are somehow able to find an opponent, the game simply feels slower and dumbed-down. The a.i. that make great runs offline? Not so much online. The first-touch that makes it look and feel more like real football? Not so much online when the ball bounces randomly no matter how you gain possession of the ball. The fluid passing, and the crisp fast nature of the game offline? Replaced by a slower pace and misplaced passes online. You'll only be able to experience this if you can in fact get into a game online. The head-to-head seasons from FIFA 12 are back, now simply called 'Seasons.' You might be able to find an opponent after 6 or 7 attempts, each attempt taking anywhere from thirty seconds to three or four minutes. Once connected, they take you to the pregame arena, and you'll likely get stuck there for ... infinity. You'll need to go back to the Dashboard, and start up FIFA 13 again. OK, so forget 'Seasons.' Try out the custom games lobby instead. Unfortunately you'll find that it's difficult to select a lobby because each time a new lobby is made the whole list shifts randomly and rearranges, making your attempt to join a lobby a game of timing. This is the lobby system, not a minigame. This is unacceptable for a retail version of any game, let alone the most popular sports game franchise on the planet. EA should be ashamed of themselves. But it's OK! Pro ranked matches with your virtual pro make a return. But the lobby system is still as confusing and broken as it was the last couple of years. So you'll have a tough time getting into a match. And if you do, the 'captain' of your team will likely sub you out for an a.i. player, or at the very least switch you to another position. You got CF? You're now RB! And your teammate just scored his third own-goal ... God forbid you want to play any sort of team game (2v2, pro-ranked) with a friend, also. Just like years previous, there are still no options to have friends join you. This is to prevent boosting...thanks EA. You stopped boosting and all manner of playing with your friends on the same team. I'm starting to ramble, so I'll leave it at this: FIFA 13 is two different games. Offline, it's slick, fast and fun. It might be the best FIFA yet, even if it does sometimes feel a bit automatic. Online, it's a mess. You might boot up the game and spend 15 minutes or more before even getting into a game, and once you're in there you're treated to crappier version. EA has no excuse for this. Expand
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    Ok what numb nut idiot thought this game is football?I switched from (pes) to this crap?Pes sux and so does this.Why?players are two Fkn slow you have to make decisions before you even see them.Goalkeepers got cat like reflexes in front of goal,within a meter they seem to miraculously save a shot from messi 4 out of 5 times,that is ridiculous.While they watch a cross that they could dive for,end up on a header and into the goal.For the Pes fans,DO not buy this crap if you think you will find something better.This is in no way football fifa just plain sux,but its one of the only options for football fans. Expand
  14. Sep 25, 2012
    FIFA is amazing, the franchise made a massive leap with FIFA 11, this has improved incrementally with FIFA 12 and FIFA 13.

FIFA 13 is the best sports game to date.
  15. Sep 29, 2012
    No Croatia national team?? I expected this from KONAMI, but not from EA! I guess that this year I will change Fifa for PES. Whats next? Removal of Italy, Germany? So lame.
  16. Sep 28, 2012
    the game features are very good but consequently its slower than the last fifa 12 and most importantly i encountered loads of freezes throughout the game which is so annoying.
  17. Oct 1, 2012
    The Good: Overall the games 'feels' more realistic - an improved impact engine, better first touches, tighter graphics and an overall feel that you are more in control. At least from my first impressions, there is little evidence to accuse this game of featuring many of the 'scripted' elements evident in previous years' incarnations.

The Bad: Where do I start? In a word, this game was
    released unfinished on an unwitting public. H2H seasons are unplayable. I have about a 1 in 10 chance of connecting to an opponent, then when I do connect, I have around a 60% chance of being stuck in the pre-game arena, forcing me to exit to the dashboard. The frequent squad updates also have a high chance of freeing my Xbox completely, forcing me to reboot.

Numerous other errors have been identified in the Career mode - lost saves and the inability to progress past the first season, invisible players and phantom transfers - as well as Ultimate Team. One glance at the wall on EA Sports' official FIFA 13 Facebook page will confirm all of this and more.

One has to wonder how the gaming publications didn't identify any of these game breaking flaws when they reviewed the game. At best, they clearly didn't play enough modes for enough time, at worst, its just another example of the 'high scores for concessions' deals that render industry publications useless.

All in all, then, FIFA 13 isn't like MW3 which was a badly designed game; moreover, it is probably the best entry in the series in terms of gameplay, but a new low for EA in terms of treating their customers like dirt.
  18. Oct 4, 2012
    Fifa 13 is so terrible one thing i cannot stand is the amount of freezes. EA should buy a better server to handle network capacity and stop being cheap (It literary could take an individual up to 20 minutes just to find an opponent to play online). Secondly, the first touch is just pathetic and unrealistic, third the the glitches, I don't know if anyone has ever experienced the "Ghost Glitch" were you basically play against invincible players. I experienced it and was so close to snapping my game into half, its so annoying because if you quit EA obviously gives you the lose so you have no option than to play against ghost players SMH. This game is just an epic failure. Expand
  19. Oct 2, 2012
    I buy fifa every 2nd year, because it would be waste your money to buy it every year. I am disappointed in this game. It has a good presentation at the start of the game, and I guess gameplay is ok. What irritates me is that the crowd animations are so bad, and that for the past few years of fifa, they have kept the celebration after a cup victory the same. Where is the imagination? Why do we pay so much for the same stuff? If you have a previous fifa, keep it. Don't buy this.... Expand
  20. Sep 26, 2012
    The changes to FIFA 12 were a ground breaking step forward in terms of realism in the world of football games. However these changes both enhanced and detracted from the enjoyment of a series I have played since the very first iteration of the game on the SEGA Megadrive. Offline I thoroughly enjoyed the game and felt the tactical defending really amped up the skill levels required to play the game, even if most games I seemed to play were akin to an Arsenal game from the early 90 Expand
  21. Sep 30, 2012
    I bought this on release day and have already got rid of it! I got fifa 12 last year and thought that was poor, I downloaded the fifa 13 demo and thought it was good..... however after buying it I realised there is a big difference between the demo and the actual game! Why? Its slow, boring and just the same as fifa 12. Fifa 09 and 10 for me where the best ones! But this is just crap! For example trying to make this game realistic .... is making it un realistic and not fun, afterall its a video game its suppose to be fun! I was 4 games into a season and 6 of my players were injured already!! Is this realistic? No! Its BS Also why do my players keep running into each other and falling over?? Whatever! This almost never happens! Having 15 shots on goal to the AI's 6........ AI wins the game! Again BS! Also why are most goals scored in the 45th, 90th minute?? This is just the same game, same engine just a different licence! Avoid! Expand
  22. Sep 27, 2012
    Metacritic doesn't support paragraphs so huge wall of text ahead. Don't believe the hype with the new buzzwords EA have used to tout this game or the bought and paid for reviews on gaming website. This game is a total crapfest. So much is wrong with it. I bought this game under the impression that they would improve upon the almost stellar FIFA 12 but they went so far backwards that next year I will wait a few weeks to see what the forums are saying. I will never preorder again.

Firstly, this new "first touch" mechanic is an absolute disaster just like their collision system of last year. Make a string of passes through midfield and make the final pass to your striker only for him to knock it 50 yards to a defender, GK or out of bounds. About to shoot? Don't let a feather touch you because you'll find your player on the floor gasping for like he has been shot by a bolt action rifle. I'm sure they had a good idea behind trying to make the game more "realistic" but making the ball bounce around like a clown's balloon and making players run with lead foot and the subtle touch of the Hulk isn't "realism".

Pacing is still a nightmare especially online where you start to see Puyol catching up to Aguero or Nani.

Secondly, WHAT HAPPENED TO VIRTUAL PRO??? I can confidently and honestly tell you that Virtual Pro was the ONLY reason I bought this game. I bought it with the hopes of them improving the FIFA 12 experience and what do they do? They take it out well mostly. You can still play Pro Clubs with a "virtual pro" and what they now call Drop In Matches but it's essentially Pro Ranked Match. However, you can't use your Virtual Pro offline like say Kick Off, Match Day, Career Mode, Arena etc. Therefore if you want to unlock accomplishments, your only options are playing in Drop In matches or Pro Clubs. Good luck trying to get accomplishments especcially in Drop In matches where everyone is shooting from the half way line or trying to dribble the entire team or even tackling their own teammaters. Oh, and captains can now edit positions and formtions (I believe) in game. I was playing a game as striker and the next second I was a CB.

Thirdly, manager mode is still the same ol' snooze fest that FIFA has already become notorious for. It's made worse this year by the fact that the only changes are all cosmetic. Oh, look. The pen actually moves to sign the paper. How cool. Bogus mega transfers are still made month in month out. Gets really weird when you see Crewe Alexander buying Mascherano. Manager mode game saves get corrupted a lot and until EA releases a patch, this will keep happening. I've had 3 game saves go corrupted as I speak. I try to open them and the Xbox just freezes.

Finally, EA only seems to care about Ultimate Team since it's a cash cow for them. Lots of gullible players willing to pay a crap ton of money for digital fictional cards that don't even carry over to the next year. Why wouldn't EA milk it?

The only good things I liked in this game were the presentations especially if you're in North America. The ESPN style presentation is absolutely gorgeous and I love the intros. I like the commentary and how detailed they talk about players, managers and all that. Sideline commentary is also another good addition. Graphics seemed to get a slight improvement but many of the faces still look completely off from their real life couterparts.

Overall, I wish I could return this game and get my $60 back as graphics and presentations weren't the sole reason I bought this game. I wish the FIFA license was spread around so more companies can have a chance at making competition for EA. Konami is trying but they sort of dropped the ball when this generation started.

I give this FIFA a poor rating of 2/5. Wait until the price drops or you find one in a garbage can or some poor chap throws it out of his window in frustration
  23. Mar 28, 2013
    This game does not have a story as it simply just a football games, but EA can’t even do that right. Let’s start with the flow of the game. The passing and the movement of the players is actually alright, but the goalkeepers on the other hand are simply diabolical. The keeper seem to have this amazing ability to move from onside of the goal to the other in half a second from a shot from Messi which is simply unrealistic seeing that they said FIFA 13 is the most ‘realistic’ football game to date is really just embarrassing. This game is generally brought for the online play and was the second most bought game of 2012 so you would expect the servers to be to the best of its ability but no! They are constantly crashing and cannot cope with the millions of people that play online each day. Now let’s move on to the actual game play. We have covered the goal keeping so let’s move on to the tackling. To be far to EA the tackling is actually alright BUT how Messi can out jump Rio Ferdinand isn’t right in the slightest. The slide tackling can be incredible late causing you to foal them or it can make the cleanest slide tackles so it’s very inconsistent. The shooting again is very inconsistent. Cristiano Ronaldo could score a blinder from 40 yards but them miss a sitter from the 6ft yard box...It just doesn’t make any sense. Now for the worst thing about the game and that’s the passing. It so, so, so bad! You’d tell it to pass it one way and it will end up going to a completely different person, the direction of where you put the ball never really goes to actually where you want it.

Suitability: Age 3+
    Addictiveness: This game can be VERY addictive so be careful.
  24. Sep 29, 2012
    En fait c'est un fifa 12,5. Jouer en offline impossible car ia trop cheatée. Pour conclure, on s'ennuie très vite avec ce jeu car très peu de changements.
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    Way too many bugs in this game. I guess, the only FIFA games I'll buy now will be the World Cup theme games. Those are released every 4 years. You should be able to see major changes. However, if the World Cup theme games will be DLC only - guess EA Sports will not be getting my money anymore.
  26. Oct 4, 2012
    Not a massive change or upgrade from Fifa 12, the minimum I expected for 13 was for EA to at least fix the bugs and experience for online multiplayer, but they didn't touch the online multiplayer at all, for me the games don't flow as well as Fifa 12 did, the new physics aren't a ground breaking upgrade.
  27. Oct 12, 2012
    I have to be honest, sometimes playing the game I feel cheated, maybe because it feels like EASports hasn't change since FIFA 10.
    Well, they add more "social" but it also kills the fun of the game, they you have many choices of careers but at the end of the day a repetitive game becomes lame.
    I'll give it a low score for been repetitive and boring at sometimes. Then we have a change in
    the commentators in Spanish... way to bring down the score EASports. Expand
  28. Sep 25, 2012
    Normally I'm against having a new game out each year, and I think FIFA 12 wasn't a big enough change from FIFA 11, but this year I think that has been rectified and FIFA 13 is a solid game that feels more lifelike and more fun than any previous FIFA.
  29. Oct 6, 2012
    no soul....boring gameplay....to much stuppid impact engine.....rebound goals are anoyng....looks like fifa street....bye bye..see you in next genaration....
  30. Oct 8, 2012
    I'm going to stop buying FIFA for a while now. This game is just FIFA 12 with a little more polish. I;m disappointed with the new attacking AI. Hardly ever makes any intelligent move forward to give you a scoring opportunity. First touch i okay, it adds realism but on harder difficulties, it would be a nice thing to have if the attacking AI was smarter. In-game stutter and lags, game freeze plague this game. Skill games are a great way to learn to skill moves. Other than that, its just FIFA 12. You've been there, done that. I've tried the PES 13 demo and can't get over the fact that sometimes, this game just looks real ugly. Expand
  31. Sep 30, 2012
    At first i loved this game but after a day i was not impressed, i like games i can level up and unlock new things and fifa has all of that but for some stupid reason has a daily cap of 2000xp. problem with this is to reach 2000xp is very easy play few good matches in career mode with your pro and you've maxed out the level up system already WHICH MEANS NO MORE XP TILL AFTER MIDNIGHT!!! this is what ruined it for me personally if i pay £40.00 for a game why do you have the right to put a cap on anything especially something that is so simple to hit each day i could understand if the 2000xp took hours and hours of game play but it doesn't . please bear in mind this is purely my view a gamer who likes to level up, if your not in to a leveling system then fifa 13 is a great game the one touch system is the best feature as makes games more realistic. as i said this is my view on the game disagree or agree its just what i feel people like me should be aware of. Expand
  32. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the first time I play FIFA ever. It's a complete sports game, even more complete than the NBA2k series. People are **** about the stupidest things. It runs smooth to me. The most important aspect about the game is its replay value, I can't wait to play it again. Isn't that what's most important.
  33. Oct 1, 2012
    Probably the most complete football experience of all time. They have built on all they acheived in FIFA 12 and produced yet another magnificent game. First touch, match day live, injury updates scores from around the grounds all help create a real life atmosphere. There are a couple of niggling anoyances such as some times shots take to long and the player looks stupid kicking fresh air, or when the impact engine means you knock the player over in the box and give away a pen. Ultimate team is great and seasons is just as good. Expand
  34. Oct 2, 2012
    When I played the demo I immediately told myself that I wouldn't buy the game, however temptation got the better of me and I haven't looked back since. EA has done it again with FIFA, the online play is excellent again and career mode is full of little tweaks which make it a better game.
  35. Oct 6, 2012
    Horrible game, same crap as Fifa 12 only worse; It keeps freezing unexpectedly it's driving me nuts, I've stopped playing and I'm never buying an EA game again, these people are thieves.
  36. Oct 12, 2012
    Não consigo entender o porquê de as pessoas negativarem tanto o FIFA 13. Todo anos eles mudam algo, e nesse não foi diferente. As pessoas não podem se deparar com algo novo sem reclamar! O "first touch" ficou incrível, fazendo a jogatina parecer cada vez mais real, frustrando provavelmente as pessoas que negativaram o jogo! No começo eu tive opiniões muito parecidas com essas das pessoas que negativaram, mas aí eu me acostumei com as novidades, e adorei! Para mim, o único problema do FIFA 13 é o árbitro. Muitas vezes ele marca faltas que não existiram e ainda por cima dá cartão. Além de não marcar faltas que claramente existiram! Mas fora isso, não tenho nada a reclamar. Aqueles "mini-games" também são uma ótima pedida! Enfim, para mim o FIFA 13 ainda continua sendo o melhor jogo de futebol dessa geração! Acho que as pessoas que negativaram deveriam ver o jogo com um olhar mais crítico, aposto que todas as pessoas que negativaram são frustradas pelo "first touch" ou sempre "apanham" quando jogam multiplayer ou offline. Novamente a EA fez um ótimo trabalho. E a narração em português ainda está um pouco pobre de conteúdo, mas mostra cada vez mais o olhar para o Brasil! Obrigado por mais este ótimo jogo, EA! Expand
  37. Dec 8, 2012
    Game is pure garbage, huge step backwards. More scripted then ever, EA why don't you just play the game for us.. It's terrible, the new precision dribbling also a joke, ball sometimes bounces off feet on 1 touch even when receive buttons are pressed.. EA introduced this 1 touch, but were not smart enough to include this in the entire game, have had several instances where i shoot the ball & defender instead of blocking, he trapped my shoot. Defenders can trap shots, but attackers can trap simple pass. Cheating refs calling pk for no reason, don't bother trying to see the replay because they won't show just how bad they cheated by calling it a pk. Awful, graphics good, the game is a joke incredibly scripted with ea still behind the scenes controlling outcome of games... Expand
  38. Jan 13, 2013
    I have been buying FIFA since 2002 and more regularly since 2008. The games gets more scripted online than before. I am not a guy who is complaining because I lose a lot because I am already division 1 in UT and division 6 . Does EA pay reviewers to rate the game simply? Because FIFA 13 is a piece of **** game online especially. On top of that, EA does not like it if you discuss this on the EA forums. They threaten you with bans. Is this some kind of a dictatorship? Oh and yes there are some handicaps with certain teams like for example, Barcelona. Try getting to division 1 with Barcelona or playing online with them. You will see that the opponent players will just run through Puyol and Pique even after a tackle has been made. Strength is the key factor here and though Puyol and Pique have good body strength, it does not matter. I had a game where I hit the post twice and my player missed an open net where all he had to do was tap it in but he lobbed the ball. Is this realistic? Oh and all of this happened in ten minutes of the game. Then, my opponent scores because the ball bounces back to him twice. Of course I came back in the game but it was a draw. Basically, EA ensures that bad players have a chance. They want to make all the newbies happy. Otherwise, who would buy the game. The game is not about who is the better player. Sure, better and experienced players win more but you can easily notice that newbies and or bad players can defend better because the auto tackling and auto blocking in the box has gotten better. The game is a joke. PES 2014 what I will buy in 2014. Stop lying EA Expand
  39. Oct 15, 2012
    It's good. It's not great. The ideas behind first touch and other simple gameplay tweaks are admirable but, they haven't been perfected yet. I have no doubt these will be fixed next year but. Fifa 13 feels like a work in progress. I'll keep playing it but, at the moment it's because I have to.
  40. Oct 2, 2012
    FIFA 13 feels smooth and quick, which makes a change from the last 2 outings which to me felt sluggish with pre-determined animations. This is of the best soccer games to date and if EA fixed the dreadful server issues, then I'd have given this a 10. Still worth a buy for the fans that eat, sleep and breathe soccer/football like myself.
  41. Oct 16, 2012
    Another year, and yet the same FIFA game. EA is just milking it and people keep buying this crap. This should be a $10 per year DLC, and not a new $60 game. If you're tired of being ripped off, then stop buying these games, along with any other games published by EA.
  42. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the Best Fifa yet, I loved the Fifa 12 and EA has prefectiones once more a very good game, the new first touch controls adds more of the rendomness situations that araise on a real game, a reboud on your defender legs that leads the other team to score a goal in your net, that pass that was not well received make the game feel more real and fluid, the impact engine has been improved as well, the old love season is free now, my only complaints is that the Creatin Center has not worked well for me I can't sync the PC Application with my game and I only wish this feature to be within the game, just like PES has been doing it for years, you can't simply go worng with Fifa is not just a roster update, even when I play always found a new animations or a wonderful play that I didn't expected, the besto soccer game but closely trailed by PES. Expand
  43. Oct 16, 2012
    What a disappointment. Full of bugs. First touch is a joke online because any slight bit of lag makes it ridiculous. More scripted games. Ridiculous goals at 45 and 90 min. 12 was better, much better. This is arcade BS. Probably will trade for Pes, doubt it could be any worse.
  44. Sep 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fifa 13, is most definitely the best soccer game to date from EA. Graphically they is hardly any difference, except some new animations,the game feels faster and more fluid this year. The game has been improved technically very well over Fifa 12. Fifa 13 does not feel as scripted and previous incarnations. The arena is also improvement, with a vast array of mini games to improve your skill. SO far i'm really enjoying this years game. Must buy if your a fan of Football. Expand
  45. Jun 15, 2013
    I decided to rewrite my review. I dislike this game for plenty of reasons, some of them being unbalanced game play, unrealistic game mechanics, awful career and online modes, COUNTLESS game braking glitches, scripted matches and performances designed to make you lose no matter what. Only on Fifa can you have 70 percent possession, 20 shots on target, hit the post 6 times only to concede a fluke goal in the last second and lose the game. The amount of times this has happened to me is incredible. Only on Fifa can you be winning a game, press start to manage your team and it completely lock up your console forcing you to turn it off and losing all your progress. Be a pro mode? It's designed so your team doesn't have any possession, making it incredibly frustrating because you can't get in to a game and it lowers your rating, yet another waste of time mode. Ultimate team? Designed to bleed every single penny out of you, nothing more, nothing less. The game is so incredibly broken that I find myself turning it off prematurely out of frustration every time I try and play it... I'll be spending my money on Pro Evo next thank you very much EA. Expand
  46. Oct 8, 2012
    Remember 2007? Everybody has there own memory of that year but for me that was the year Pro Evolution woes became so bad that for the first time I picked up Fifa 08 and fell out of love with Konami game, now it's 2012 and that same feeling I had about Pro then I am currently having about Fifa 13 now! My grievance with Fifa has always been it's target audience, ie adolescent children and American 'soccer' wanna be's. That's fine EA as long as the game is generally worth playing and for last 4 years it has been, however this year is an unadulterated mess! The game mechanics are frankly broken, I welcome realism but not at the cost of game-play! Player touches are generally harder to control yet most players can smash the ball in the net from 25 yards or more, which is ridiculous considering most of their first touches are poor. Then you have the A.I, either playing the computer or the decisions it makes for you when you play an human opponent. This year the AI is appalling when controlling your players, yet are super human against you. No bad touches or ping pong deflections in their box, but almost 90% of the time in your own penalty area against the computer. That, and the supposedly intelligent runs forwards make which makes defending virtually impossible, even with high pressing. The career and and F2F seasons are much improved, very high quality but then FUT is extremely frustrating! NOOBS consistently play 5-2-1-2 or -4-5-1 and spam lofted through balls over your defence where their 90+ pace striker, regardless if he is 5ft 2, out paces and out muscles your 6ft+ defenders and scores! EA, that is utter BS! Again going back to EA target audience, there has only been 4 players I honestly can say have handed me a footballing lesson. However the rest of my opponents are complete NOOBS, yet win because of through ball spamming or ping pong sweaty goals or because they are so young they understand the broken mechanics where the rest of the adult world struggle. If EA continue this madness and pro continues to rise from the ashes, simply bye bye EA and your extortionate industry! Expand
  47. Sep 30, 2012
    People who say the game isn't different from FIFA 12 are idiots, it's got a different feel, more skill needed. The additions to gameplay and sub games are brilliant. Why would they want to change it massively when it was already great. It's addictive, smooth and sexy... like a drug I'm hooked already. My final friends who were hanging onto the past of PES have finally made the switch, now all the crew are on FIFA, and for me that speaks volumes. Expand
  48. Oct 23, 2012
    I am astonished at users who complain about the previous years release and then decide to purchase FIFA in the following year and complain about the same things again. They're obviously making money off you morons, so if you really don't like it - stop buying it! In saying that though, it is pretty much the same game every year with a few new (irrelevant) additions. I'm giving this a 7 based on enjoyability. Yes, there are glitches that piss me off from time to time, but I'm not going to throw my control and the TV and give it a 1 for that. Expand
  49. Oct 19, 2012
    Why a 5 score? Well...No innovation at all, impact engine is still broken, EAS FC is always down, I get a feeling that i'm always playing on ice, it's almost impossible to dribble, 1st touch doens't work properly. I've had this game since launch and I tried really hard to like it but that moment when you say "ohh I love this" never came. I'm not a PES fanboy don't get me wrong, to be honest i've never played a PES game I think I might trade this crap game for PES to give it a shot. Expand
  50. Aug 3, 2013
    Desde que yo recuerdo el ultima juego de futbol que compre fue el FIFA 09, para mi fue el mejor por las horas de diversion que me dio. Ahora 4 años despues me consegui el FIFA 2013 y bueno me senti igual de comodo que con FIFA 09, que es lo mismo todos los años tienen razon pero si lo compras cada 2 o 3 años o te esperas como yo (4 años) veras que hay ligeras mejoras en los movimientos, en las colisiones de los jugadores, etc, en mi caso el juego es muy bueno y cumple principalmente con lo que busco "DIVERSION".... Expand
  51. Oct 11, 2012
    There are a lot of people who love FIFA 13 and a lot of trolls writing reviews on this site. Mine sits in the middle. I like to think it's a genuine review from a video game player with no ties to any franchise or software house. FIFA 13 is a fun game, in fact with your mates it's hard to beat but it is not a good football game.
    The ball is one of those cheap plastic balls you buy when on
    holiday to use on the beach or in the pool. It floats, bounces too high and rebounds all over the place. The first touch idea is a good one but not in practice. It needs turning down a couple of notches. It doesn't play a game of footy as well as PES does. I find a lot of my goals coming from rebounds or the ball bouncing around the area. The other thing that lets it down as well is the lack of player id. Unlike PES the players are all about the same skill wise. I love all the presentation and content but it's not a good game of footy. If you love Footy more than licences, game modes and all the extras EA offer you, then you need to buy PES 2013 and work at it. I wanted to love FIFA but it's just a good game with a few glitches and freezes. Nothing more. Fun FIFA 13 or Footy PES 2013. You decide but for me this year belongs to PES 2013. Expand
  52. Jul 21, 2013
    Decent game that offers what I am looking for in a sports game, the only recurring issue I keep coming across is going on loan. Did it the first year and performed above and beyond what was expected of my pro, 9.7 rating 70 some odd goals so on and so forth. I come back from loan haven't even played a game and already I am getting notifications that I will be getting shipped off to another team. Fix that and the game would get a higher rating. Expand
  53. Nov 19, 2012
    Its just ok. I was urged to get into the hype, and what I got was a very similar FIFA game. Good graphics, announcing, player models, but it is still not much of an improvement over the other FIFA games I've played on the 360. Buy if you're new to FIFA, don't buy if you have FIFA 12.
  54. Oct 9, 2012
    Shame. The user score of 5.5 is undeserved and driven by angry fifa 12 players. Taking the game on merits alone its pretty solid other than the loads of GLITCHES. Like EA rushed the release without doing testing. There are many occasions where U will choose to play as real Madrid and end up on the field with Nani. Or be stuck in an everlasting arena mode. Other than that the EA matchday and fifa store are welcome additions, as well as augmentation to the two most popular game modes: ultimate team and seasons. Its a solid game for fifa fans and 12 months down the line most of us will still be playing. Should be 7 with glitches but granted that they release a title update and fix it, 8/10 Expand
  55. Apr 1, 2013
    This Game is sooooo good, and yet sooooo bad. Its by far the best when you first start playing it. But the more you play it the more you will start to loath it. There are so many in game mechanics that i can only think are designed to make the game more fun and fair, Yet they do exactly the opposite. There is scripting in the game so that if your a high rated team and you play a low rated one you cant just smash them, your players will not play as well to try and combat the difference in stats. 45th and 90th minute goals are as rampant as ever and the foul system is also completely flawed at times. For example when taking a shot and the defending player obstructs by just blocking your leg from hitting the ball and you just fall over. Theres a lot more to it than i can be bothered to type but without the scripting mechanics it would get a 9 and without the silly foul system it would get a 10. Expand
  56. Sep 30, 2012
    An improvement over FIFA 12. Passing the ball and possession is much easier and players make better runs as well as getting into goal scoring positions. The AI still needs work as I have let in many goals due to my goalkeeping running out and missing an easy catch/punch and also I've missed many chances by my striker running into a defending then both of them falling over each other. There are many game modes, seasons is back and so is ultimate team and then there is career mode, be a pro and exhibition games where you can replay classic matches that have happened in the past week in the real world Expand
  57. Sep 26, 2012
    I have only dabbled in FIFA for the last few years but decided to pick this year's copy up on release day and I am very happy that I did. The first thing I noticed about the game was the sheer number of game modes, players, teams and leagues. Wow! I played a little bit of the My Player mode and worked my way into the starting line-up for my team. I've always loved the My Player mode in games and FIFA's is excellent. I'm enjoying the FIFA Ultimate Team mode even more though. Collecting packs of cards (even if they are only digital) reminds me of collecting baseball cards in my youth and then using the cards that you have to build your team is a blast! Even with all of the varied game modes this game wouldn't shine like it does without the stellar game-play. Everything you do on the pitch feels totally organic and the flow of the game feels right. All in all FIFA 13 is one of the best, if not the best, sports game I have ever played. Well done EA. Expand
  58. Feb 26, 2013
    The first touch system is an insult to anyone who has played football at any level. Apparently while running on to a ball 9/10 you will miskick it smash it 10 yards in front of you or balloon it up in the air. I watch championship standard football week in, week out and never see this more than 5 times a game from both teams. On previous FIFAs skill usually won you the game, not anymore. People just pick fast players and sprint at you and you cannot stop them. Countless goals are conceded with someone sprinting after your defenders tapping the tackle button. Have the developers even played/watched football? Expand
  59. Oct 6, 2012
    not a massive change but the game does feel a lot different, and those who think the game is bad, its not but the career mode is super fun, and the gameplay feels amazing , first touch control is a pain, but overall the game is very good
  60. Oct 16, 2012
    If you are a massive football fan and you don't have a football game i would recommend FIFA 13 over PES 13. This game is solid but as a hardcore FIFA fan i was pissed off because this game is exactly the same as FIFA 12 but with the new rosters and the new box art.
  61. Oct 8, 2012
    An absolutely awesome game, favorite sports game for sure! Love the manager mode, best part. Only complaint is that the higher difficulties more make your players worse, than make their's better
  62. Oct 2, 2013
    game completely sucks, i dont know how it ended up getting a 6.0 score but its one of the worst games ever. as all fifa series. probably kids have rated it 10
  63. Jan 9, 2013
    If you walked into the EA Sports offices, sat down with the FIFA development team and asked them what amazing new features they added to this game, the answer would be as follows:

"This year, we put a '13' on the box" And that's it. That's all this game is: Fifa 12 with a different number.
  64. Oct 27, 2012
    This game has gotten a lot of negative reviews, but personally I thought it was a great follow-up to '12. Graphics are a huge improvement and really makes playing the game a whole lot more enjoyable. The new first touch and other physics modifications have made the game feel much more realistic. I'd like to see a bit better AI as well as a change in the way difficulties are done; currently it feels like the higher the difficulty the worse your players are instead of making the other team's players better. I also really enjoyed the new national management as well as the Manager's Office for reviewing jobs and objectives. Obviously there is always room for improvement but I think it is a step in the right direction. Expand
  65. Nov 1, 2012
    Truly the WORST next-gen Fifa by far. Don't believe the hype, don't go with the professional reviewers' opinion, who clearly get paid or otherwise benefited directly by EA. The game has countless issues, both online and offline, it has tons of bugs (that will probably never be fixed because EA has proved beyond all doubts that they don't care).

The gameplay is so broken, the game speed
    is laughable and ridiculously high, the passing system sucks, the UT servers are down very often, the new first touch controls are a joke. Everything about this game sucks. EVERYTHING.

And EA simply don't care because they sold their 7 million copies. A zero is perhaps too much for this game, I wish I could give it a negative review number.

I want my money back. Just go see what's happening in the EA's official forum, 90% of the people writing there are just mad an the game and EA.

Worst.Fifa.ever.
  66. Nov 13, 2012
    I'm not sure what all the griping is about. FIFA 13 is a big improvement over 12 -- especially in terms of the physics and pacing. For those of us who have actually PLAYED soccer in real life, FIFA 13 is definitely a more accurate representation of how a game. The ball abides by physics in a way that makes much more sense, the players are more fallible (yes, even Messi and Ronaldo -- sorry fanboys), the ways in which you can score a goal are more diverse, and the games are less likely to become formulaic, as in FIFA 12. The updated teams are also nice -- Bayern and Germany (both underrated in FIFA 12) are much better, and overrated teams (any English team, the England squad, Inter Milan) are all a more accurately ranked. I'm not a big fan of the music, or the absurd number of menu bars and options (I struggle to figure out what most of them even mean until I've selected them). There are good new features -- there's a practice mode (called Skill Games or something) that's more fun than it should be, much better Virtual Pro (so far), and a better Career Mode (see: World Cup). I find the online gameplay a more compelling reason to buy it than the extras, and as someone who spent way too long playing FIFA 12, I feel like this version is different enough to justify buying it. Expand
  67. Nov 17, 2012
    A big improvement over Fifa 12. Gameplay is much more realistic and free-flowing.Its a blast playing the wide variety of game modes that Fifa has to offer. :)
  68. Nov 14, 2012
    uma coisa que eu percebi nesse fifa é que quando você começa a jogar o modo carreira o jopgo tem uma velocidade de não boa mais razoavel mas depois de alguns jogos vai ficando cada vez mais lento
  69. Nov 22, 2012
    Following on with its tradition Fifa 13 Manages to stay ahead of the pack with its licensed teams and solid gameplay. Ultimate team has been tweaked and other elements are improved upon giving the player the ultimate Fifa Footy experience. Extra commentary is included (touchline reports from Geoff Shreeves and matchday updates featuring Alan Mcinally) which does add more realism. Also you can buy extras from EA store (Gameplay enchancements, kits etc) using EXP points earned in game. Overall a good game but I prefer Fifa 12 because it plays a smoother game. Expand
  70. Dec 24, 2012
    (Out of 100)
    game play: 90
    Graphics: 94
    Physics: 88
    Realism: 92
    Replay rate:99
    Overall: 93
    FIFA 13 does not change much from FIFA 12, but it polishes FIFA 12, from making players look better, making the game pace better, and even those little things like making stadium net color change count. most importantly FIFA 13 is fun
  71. Dec 3, 2012
    I love this game. However there are so many things that need fixing that, whilst most of them are not major things they do drag the game down slightly. The main issue is the first touch engine. Anybody who isn't Messi or Ronaldo can struggle to control the easiest pass at times, however, it should improve with time, like the Direct impact engine has, only in its second year it is much better than the first one, however still has a long way to go to be realistic and decent. The AI is improved, in particular attacking with realistic chemistry between players (don't expect Lampard and Gerrard to understand where each other is moving and wants the ball for example). Overall, improved graphics, career and FUT make it a worthwhile purchase but is still some way off changing football games like PES 09 did before it turned **** Expand
  72. Dec 6, 2012
    as opposed to many reviews, FIFA 13 does not show much realism to the world of football, I say this as the the game has many glitches and ball control has been terribly designed. Also, some player ratings can be very inaccurate such as the overrated Torress, Schneider, Balotelli and others. The servers are terrible, I cannot find a game with an opponent online without at least getting a message twice telling me no one was found. The good side is the manager mode and Ultimate team are very fun. Expand
  73. Aug 3, 2013
    EA sports have gone back 5 years with this title, player movement reminds me of FIFA 08..game is just a disgrace. Only reason i gave this game 2 is because manager mode is quite good until it gets boring. Matches are fixed also for instance im dominating a game, the opposition has had 3 players sent off...easy win?? think again!! i hit the post 3 times, van persie misses 4 sitters that an old crow on a zimmer could finish and then out of the blue my defence splits letting the opposition through to score a 90th minute 1 nil win!!! Expand
  74. Dec 8, 2012
    Most of the reviews here are just ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with the first touch feature or the amount of passes that miss or rebounds that occur. They are just fine and add to the experience. Football is not such a straight forward game. The people giving bad reviews are clearly just unskilled at the game or at the very least are looking for an arcade version instead of an at least somewhat realistic football experience.

The game is beautiful and stacked with useful and or cool features. You just have to put a bit of effort to learn the game, you won't master it straight away (and this seems to annoy most of the reviewers here). But once you get the hang of it, you're in for the most true-to-life representation of a football game that has ever been seen on any platform outside of the actual pitch.
  75. Dec 10, 2012
    Disappointing, career mode is great but everything else very average. A lot of the gameplay is ridiculous. The first touch system is laughable the massive touches they do when a simple ball is played into a professional footballer are pathetic. Obstruction seems to play a key part in defending when in real life it is classed as a foul. Yet again the A.I are terrible in pro clubs they struggle to pass a ball more than five yards and constantly stand off players when defending allowing easy opportunities to shoot on the edge of the area. Goalkeepers are stupidly good in pro clubs again creating a completely different game in pro clubs when playing against a virtual pro goalkeeper Expand
  76. Feb 4, 2013
    The last Fifa game I owned prior to this was FIFA 10 and it's actually amazing how little they have improved it. The AI in this game is incredibly stupid with some very annoying habits that have evidently not been ironed out in three generations. For example when you pass the ball sometimes your player will root himself and wait for the ball to arrive leaving you unable to control his movement and mostly ending up in an opposition player getting an interception. A lot of the times too players will attempt a through ball when you press the pass button. There is a dedicated through ball button which I would use if I wanted a through ball played, when I press a different button it's because I didn't want a through ball. Likewise with the goalkeepers, sometimes they will rush out of the goals even when you're not holding down Y to tell them to come out and this mostly ends in an easy goal for the opposition. A lot of neat features in the game modes but the gameplay still needs a lot of tightening up. Expand
  77. Dec 23, 2012
    Same game release as of any previous FIFA game. When are people going to realise that EA are fleecing £40 pounds + of your hard earned cash every year
  78. Jan 5, 2013
    Its good...though online multi-player has bugs. Good graphics and great commentary by Andy and Clive. Move away 12 and 11, This one has been the best since the start!
  79. Jan 12, 2013
    As you'd expect, this game is pretty much the same. There isn't really much that even makes you think this game is a different game - wan't even worth going over to a friends house to play.
  80. Jan 9, 2013
    This game really feels rushed. Playing on any level above professional basically means you will never keep a clean sheet, as defender AI is horrendous. If you aren't literally making the tackle or positioning the defender yourself, your team will basically watch as your passed to death. I gave up trying to play online, as I would sit and wait for a few minutes to find a player, and once I find a player, the game will never connect. There seems to be times during the career mode where the game gets sick if you winning and will do everything in its power to frustrate the hell out of you. The first touch is a joke, making gameplay with any team below 3 stars a bloody nightmare. Just give the AI some I and I will be happy Expand
  81. Jan 20, 2013
    Graphics: 8/10 Gameplay: 8/10 Soundtrack: 8/10 Enjoyment: 7/10 = 7.75 (Great)
    For a football game it deserves high reviews. Higher then PES should be getting and higher then Football Superstars. This is the ultimate football simulator.
  82. Jan 25, 2013
    This game is garbage, i say this having bought every single fifa game since 08. I can explain how massively disappointing the game is. I don't by all means wish to be saying these things about the game, FIFA is one of my favorite hobbies but this years game is an unbearable experience. It just feels like they've taken control away from the user and replaced it with unrealistic animations, super human defenders (when you stab at the ball and miss when i'm at a full sprint and then catch up to me, thats superhuman). In their quest to recreate the sport exactly they are losing all of what makes people play the game, it's fun. Every year it gets harder for people who know the game and easier for newbies. Even watching the gameplay reminds me of watching a coed pickup game. And why is one of the worst soccer nations in the world developing this game, eh? Expand
  83. Mar 8, 2013
    If there was ever a love hate relationship this game would be it. I love playing FIFA13. I stopped playing online because 2 things infuriate me. One is the blatant way the game favors one online gamer or the other. I mean you're playing your best and the other gamer takes a stupid shot from 40 yards and your goalie somehow just happens to not be able to stop it. Second is when you're playing and you accidently press a button and the stupid black notice totally blocks your game stating "you cannot do whatever as you don't have possesion of the ball" ....it makes me livid. why can't you place that notice on the corner of the screen since you're trying to maintain possesion of the ball. Expand
  84. Mar 20, 2013
    This game is appalling. EA are selling what can only be described as a broken product. First touch control? Broken. Passing? Broken. Intelligent A.I.? Broken. This game takes last year's quite frankly unfinished FIFA12 and makes it more broken. The career mode, for example, can be quite fun... when it works. Matches will often crash upon pause, causing you to lose progress up to that point. Same with Ultimate Team, games will often disconnect or crash, causing you to lose the match. Simply put, do not buy this game. You will regret it. Expand
  85. May 19, 2013
    Positives: Great graphics, a great game to play with friends as it always is. Decent online community, couple of new features.

Negatives: It's pretty much exactly the same game as FIFA 11/12 etc, only a really buggy version, there're bugs everywhere in-game (personal experience; I was about to cross a ball into the box, when suddenly my player on-the-ball teleported into the box, and
    sending my cross off the pitch for a throw-in to the opposition.). The only main difference with the new FIFA is the new team line-ups, which is essentially all we're paying for every year. This game to me suggests that EA wanted to see how bad they could make the game and still watch people purchase it (in terms of the sheer amount of bugs, with an even more annoying ref giving the most ridiculous decisions). Not a big fan of FIFA 13, I can play 11 or 12 and have just as much fun.

4/10 because of the bugs, lack of new content, and the price of the game for what is essentially the same game repeating itself every year, with the exception of a little bit of a graphic boost and more annoying ref's with each one that comes around.
  86. May 1, 2013
    I suppose that when you have done something many times you get good at it. EA have been making these games since year 2000 I think. All the new great game modes is nly the icing in the cake. The game always updates players and teams pretending on how good they have been lately. This makes you feel like you`re playig with the real players, it gives more depth into an otherwise bland game. The game play is awesome and it takes alot of practising to get good. You can strategically, chose formation, speed, players and other sweet strategies. The game is though still quite repetitive and the fact that they will make a new identical next year when could just have been DLC takes it down to a strong 8. Expand
  87. May 2, 2013
    this game is wonderful to play if you are into football. the graphics are fantastic and it has an overall very smooth game play. i would recomend you buy this game and play it with your friends especially if you are a compettative player.
  88. Jun 13, 2013
    Would be better if it wasnt the same bloody game every year. Theres a reason why EA is hated. Im not dishing out 50 odd quid for the same game every year
  89. Aug 6, 2013
    SI TENEMOS QUE BUSCAR LA MEJOR SIMULACIÓN FUTBOLISTA EN VÍDEO JUEGOS, LA ENCONTRAMOS EN "FIFA", ES UNA GRAN SAGA CON GRAN MODALIDAD DE JUEGO ADEMAS DE SER MUY ENTRETENIDO.
  90. Jun 23, 2013
    The graphic are absolutely amazing and the faces look very real. But FIFA hasn't changed its look for ages ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  91. Jul 8, 2013
    Have you ever tried playing Ultimate Team mode? It's the greatest example of what evevyone's being complaining about. You play it against CPU and it's a fantastic gameplay. You play it online and it's terrible. It is very frustrating as your defense seems to be useless in some matches. I say 'some matches' because sometimes your GK seems to be invincible. Very weird. It is a very unstable online gameplay, so I'll rate it 4, 'cause I believe FIFA is 60% online gameplaying, which just sucks in this game. Expand
  92. Jul 30, 2013
    This is the worst FIFA since star players scored from 45 yards, but at least in that FIFA you had fun.

I shall start with the positive, the game modes. FIFA's game modes are well thought out, nicely presented and very varied; they entice you to play the game in a variety of ways and will keep you entertained for hours.
    When you make a quality move the game looks great and you get a
    strong sense that you were solely responsible for the ball going in the back of the net; celebrations are plentiful too, if you enjoy waving your arms.

The negative; unfortunately these game modes are blighted by awful gameplay and a quite terrible focus on pace. This is particularly noticeable on the Ultimate Team online mode where the one button to defend, long balls to attack, and constant CPU tackles can leave you very frustrated.
    Referee's are terrible, they get in the way, make terrible calls and make strange advantage decisions.; the first touch system is unusual and for defenders a real issue as bad touches combined with the push/pull system means the man mountain Samba would easily lose the ball to the diminutive Barry Bannan. Goal keepers are very inconsistent and due to the long shot exploit, where you shoot after any move/skill/knock on, are statues from distance.

However this is just the start as when you learn these exploits the varied game modes also become a waste of your time, even on the highest difficulty all you need to do is recreate the Ultimate Team online ethos and add countering from corners/goal kicks to get you constant wins.
    The quality of your team is unimportant, as long as someone has pace you'll be fine. In manager mode this is very annoying as you don't feel like there is any point to progressing your players.

This takes all fun out of the game, especially as when you decide to learn something different, for example skills, the computer AI will take the ball from you with ease...just run...the game is about little more.

The extras; the game looks pretty, the largest names in football are there, though scouting/searches are awful, and you get to play your favourite sport virtually....just don't try and embrace the beautiful game; there is no room for your efforts in FIFA 13.

All in all I simply can't rate this game higher than a 6, and I feel that is almost generous; having been disappointed by games such as Duke Nukem Forever I can at least say they have a modicum of entertainment whereas this edition of FIFA has been a real let down, as had EA's appalling community service and interaction.
  93. Aug 23, 2013
    I'm sorry to say that Fifa 13 is incredibly surprising piece of crap. Firstly, besides updated team squads and licenses nothing really had changed. It is still the same game it was last year, which is unacceptable, bearing in mind price of 60$. Also, I can't stand all the dumbass decisions that referees make. Handballs every 5 seconds, penalties out of space. Incredibly huge piece of junk.
  94. Sep 12, 2013
    Same as the last one but with better graphics its still kicking a football and running around also you still kick a ball did i mention that yet? OH and spoilers its rubbish
  95. Sep 23, 2013
    Rubbish game, EA haven't made any changes to Pro Clubs, its still a big let down at times. Many many changes such as custom kits and logos can be done and have been done in FIFA 12 as well as FIFA street, they just don't wanna give it all away, EA sicken me with their lack of commitment to their fans
  96. Sep 28, 2013
    I have played FIFA 13 for a full year now and am a division 1 player in Seasons (as In had been in FIFA 12), so the following criticisms should be put in that context. They are not the ravings of a player that simply has not mastered the controls. By Season’s standards, I can play the game pretty well.

- The new first touch feature is unrealistic when you have situations where an
    elegant move is destroyed by the ball bouncing of Messi or Ronaldo's shin it happens regularly in the game when it would not in real life. In effect, it ruins enjoyment of the game.
    - 'New' attacking AI is worse than FIFA 12 your players make wrong decisions regularly.
    - One of the few realistic introductions is that referees seem to be as error prone as in real life, which is obviously not a good thing.

I loved the introduction of tactical defending in FIFA 12 (which is my fav FIFA to date). However, there are ZERO enjoyable advancements in FIFA 13 for me, only frustration and that is why I give it a ZERO score. It has been a waste of money, I really don’t know why I’ve kept playing it. It’s a testament to how frustrating this game is that I’ve gone back to playing FIFA 12. And judging from what I’ve read about FIFA 14 (from actual gamers, not EA butt-licking magazines and big FIFA Youtubers). I’ll be keeping my money in my pocket. EA, please make this game enjoyable to play again.
  97. Feb 28, 2014
    Why the **** is EA allowed to get away with calling this pathetic piece of **** a game? I can't believe how incredibly bad the AI are, and yet I still play it... Why? Because there are no other football games that are better, so the lazy **** over at EA continue to make the same old **** every year and people buy it.
  98. Jun 29, 2014
    “If you are a fan of FIFA games you tend to be quite philosophical, because they tend to build you up then let you down.” FIFA should be a benchmark-setting soccer game with great gameplay and years of thoughtful development & refinement. Currently, it is a husk of latent unfulfilled potential, and is a treated as a blatant cash cow for a lumbering shambles of a company. They also treat their customers with disgrace. If you go to EA Sports forums, they have “vent” treads and any criticism you voice about the game is considered heresy pending a banned account and confinement in the Tower of London. What EA Sports had achieved in the past 10 years would have been easily surpassed by any another studio with more ambition and commitment like Bethesda. When buying a Fifa-EA product, I find myself paying through the nose for their monopoly on licensing & copyright rather than for entertainment. They drip feed 1 or 2 untested “improvements” per year, most of which undermine smooth and consistent gameplay; their flagship features such as randomness, first touch passing and UFC style tackle/collision systems have totally lost the plot. This would be fine if it had been done correctly, but there is no consistency to the implementation here. The game lacks refinement and adding “randomness” to already poor gameplay makes for an extremely frustrating experience. The whole result seems like a rip-off of Madden or UFC. These professional “critical” reviews seem to glorify each FIFA game in isolation of the 10 previous iterations before it, marketing each release as some sort of ground breaking & innovative affair; when in fact there is much less to like. According to EA, “It doesn't matter if you call it soccer or football, in the end all you need to know is that FIFA is the only way to play” or so they hope! More work is done by EA Sports in each iteration of FIFA by patches & fixes, than the original game itself. IMHO the lack of innovation, absence of improvement and dreadful gameplay does not marry well with the high asking price. Expand
  99. Sep 27, 2012

1. Jan 4, 2013
    FIFA '13 provides some great AI, a fair challenge if you go for a difficulty beyond Amateur, and a lot of content if you're willing to delve into the various modes.
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    The fluidity and speed of FIFA makes it pure joy to play, an area where it reigns supreme over its rival Pro Evo.
  3. Oct 18, 2012
    This year's installment of FIFA has increasingly improved from its previous release.