Fire Pro Wrestling Xbox 360

3.9

1. Sep 25, 2012
    Fire Pro Wrestling is seen as a somewhat legendary franchise amongst hardcore wrestling game fans. The FPW games of old pack in huge customisation for the wrestlers, a huge variety of moves, and ingenious control schemes. Hell, even the Game Boy Advance with it's two buttons worked well, Sadly, for the Xbox 360 version, they've pretty much discarded everything which made the previousFire Pro Wrestling is seen as a somewhat legendary franchise amongst hardcore wrestling game fans. The FPW games of old pack in huge customisation for the wrestlers, a huge variety of moves, and ingenious control schemes. Hell, even the Game Boy Advance with it's two buttons worked well, Sadly, for the Xbox 360 version, they've pretty much discarded everything which made the previous games great and are clearly hoping this will sell on name value alone. The controls feel lightweight and sloppy. The customisation which Fire Pro Wrestling is famed for is pretty much gone. ALL your created wrestlers are based off your Xbox Avatar (all you do appearance wise is change their outfit), so if you think you're going to make the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin or Sting, think again. The amount of moves available is disappointing, and most of the ones in the game need to be unlocked by winning matches. Match types are also very limited. Collision detection is poor. The cartoony avatar based graphics are appealing, but don't make up for the huge limitations placed upon you. It saddens me to say this, but if you want a deep and satisfying wrestling game on your Xbox 360, you're going to need to stick with THQ's WWE offerings. Expand
  2. Oct 10, 2012
    Total disappointment. Idea to bring this game to Xbox 360 was interesting... but Microsoft, of course, shove us an Avatars and we have to use them. No creation of your own character, bad gameplay, not so great sound effects and most importantly, this is one of the worst Wrestling games since this with Hulk Hogan and those created by LJN for NES and SNES. 2/10.
  3. Oct 10, 2012
    Fire Pro Wrestling, okay, the game can look really funny, but the ressult is other. What is the ressult? A terrible disaster. The game have some good graphics, the controls are horrible, the gameplay is terrible, and the game have more mistakes. Is terrible, funny in some moments, but is horrible.
  4. Feb 9, 2013
    Just WHAT THE HE double hockey sticks was Microsoft thinking when they made this travesty of a game! I wasted $10 dollars on this piece of crap. The gameplay is mundane.. it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. You want more? Ok how's about I tell everyone a story ok? First off, I had some micorsoft points and I was thinking, "Well I'm just gonna check if for any video games toJust WHAT THE HE double hockey sticks was Microsoft thinking when they made this travesty of a game! I wasted $10 dollars on this piece of crap. The gameplay is mundane.. it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. You want more? Ok how's about I tell everyone a story ok? First off, I had some micorsoft points and I was thinking, "Well I'm just gonna check if for any video games to downlad." So I did. And when I did, I found "FPW!" I downloaded it, I played it, I turned it off after one hour. You have to play through this whoooooooooooooole game in order to unlock moves, costumes, songs, etc. It is a drag to play through. Go rent or buy WWE 12 or 13. STAY AWAY FROM THIS TRAVESTY!!!! STAY FAR AWAY!!! If you don't believe the rest of us, go ahead and waste $10 on this game. Only kids, may enjoy this. Expand
  5. Nov 14, 2015
    Why Xbox? Why? All they had to do was absolutely nothing but instead they decided to take a huge dump on one of my favorite video game franchises. All those PS2/3 owners with a copy of Fire Pro Returns must be laughing themselves silly. The game is barely playable like every other Avatar game ever made. Full of Clunky animations and physics.
    This games so bad that after release I went out
    This games so bad that after release I went out and bought a PS2 and a copy of Fire Pro Returns then later on a GBA and Fire Pro 2. It's all I could do to get rid of the bad taste this game left. This is worse then Superman 64.It's a shame to see Xbox kill one of my favorite franchises like this and there's nothing I can do but watch Fire Pro Die a Slow and Painfully Embarrassing Death. Every Fire Pro game from the first to the Last have always been put together without any flaws and living up to the hype but now it's been re-incarnated as a Glitch fueled, mediocre mess. This is the wrestling game that was used as a template for all of the best wrestling games(WCW vs NWO,WWF No Mercy,Day of Reckonning etc). Instead of a HD Remake or Collection Xbox took it out back an shot it in the head.
  6. Nov 28, 2015
    This Game ruined my life, this game should have been never made at all, it is just a torture to play, its fun to be a wrestler but this game will wouldn't just make you cringe but it will make you rage quit.

1. Jan 13, 2013
    Flat, featureless, and simplistic, it is devoid of any redeeming qualities found elsewhere such as replay value or fun. What could have been a cool, cartoon-y version of a classic franchise is but a wasted shell of its former self.
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 1, 2012
    Basic wrestling action made all the better by deep customisation and accessible grappling. [Issue#91, p.86]
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    As a quaint button masher there's a superplex of fun to be had. [Christmas 2012, p.87]