8.3

1. Oct 26, 2014
    A really fun game with AMAZING graphics. It has great colour to it, and the shining sun looks ever so beautiful shining on the cars. The multiplayer is great fun, and I mean GREAT.
  2. Oct 5, 2014
    Forza Horizon 2 on the Xbox 360 is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced, you see all the amazing new features and cars, then get onto the 360 and realise they're only for the Xbox One, there are bits of the map that are inaccessible, poor landscape graphics, cheesy starts to races with the arcade noises and missing cars that are unavailable on the 360. This made theForza Horizon 2 on the Xbox 360 is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced, you see all the amazing new features and cars, then get onto the 360 and realise they're only for the Xbox One, there are bits of the map that are inaccessible, poor landscape graphics, cheesy starts to races with the arcade noises and missing cars that are unavailable on the 360. This made the game a huge disappointment for me, I couldn't wait to try out some of the amazing rally cars and drift around the docks and warehouses but you can't go there and it makes the game horrible. If that isn't enough, Turn 10 have put so little effort into the 360 version that you go online (which no longer contains online free roam unless it's private with friends) that people have already hacked the game to gain maximum level and credits. If you are going to get this game, don't get it on the xbox 360 Expand
  3. Sep 14, 2014
    So after getting this game 2 years ago, I can still pick it up, put it into my 360 and have as much fun in it as if I only got it a month ago. I have like 20 other racing games that I've collected since 2007 for the 360, and 18 of them I haven't even touched. So why did I pick up Horizon again after over a year? Because the virtual driving experience that it provides is really unique andSo after getting this game 2 years ago, I can still pick it up, put it into my 360 and have as much fun in it as if I only got it a month ago. I have like 20 other racing games that I've collected since 2007 for the 360, and 18 of them I haven't even touched. So why did I pick up Horizon again after over a year? Because the virtual driving experience that it provides is really unique and thrilling, and there is no other game out there that can provide such an experience, not until Horizon 2 drops in a few weeks.

That experience is having robust sim-cade car handling on the open world. It may feel like an arcade racer at first, but get in a RWD supercar, turn off all the assists, select cockpit view and try to drive as fast as you can while sticking to one road lane, and you'll discover something that you've never experienced before in any Need for Speed game.
  4. Sep 5, 2014
    Forza Horizon is a fun open world racer using more realistic physics than it's competition. The soundtrack is first rate, and the car selection (compared to other racers of the type) is commendable as well. Also, Forza Horizon again packs loads of modifications into it's car builds. The game offers a nice variety of tracks and challenges that contribute to some pretty solid gameplayForza Horizon is a fun open world racer using more realistic physics than it's competition. The soundtrack is first rate, and the car selection (compared to other racers of the type) is commendable as well. Also, Forza Horizon again packs loads of modifications into it's car builds. The game offers a nice variety of tracks and challenges that contribute to some pretty solid gameplay time.
    All of this would make you think that Forza Horizon should be an 8 or a 9, and if you are unfamiliar with the Forza family of games you would be absolutely right.

I am not unfamiliar with Forza, I have played Forza 1-4, and this game is a 6 for me.
    1st-The story line is better than other Forza titles which have none, but is not an adequate story compared to other open world racers.
    2nd-If you are very familiar with Forza, than you will be disappointed by how few cars there are.
    3rd-If you have to play Forza games at max difficulty, this game will infuriate you. You will hit races where you have only one or two car options and neither will seem fast enough. You will smash your head against a table after your 30th attempt to complete a 2 minute race.
    4th-And finally, Turn 10 are crooks and dangle DLC cars in front of your nose constantly. Add to that Rally upgrades and races not available until you get the DLC. Add to that Tokens that you purchase with real money to get crap add-ons like fast travel anywhere and treasure maps. Couple this with the recent Forza 5 "Day of DLC" that cost almost as much as the game just to give you a proper amount of cars for a simulator and you have fairly conclusive evidence that Turn 10 makes games with as little content as they can get away with and then spend the rest of your gaming time trying to milk you for every dollar. (And breathe...)
    This game is a de-contented twist on an excellent franchise that seems doomed to drown in it's own greed. It is still a good game but it could have been great. Can the next racing simulator franchise please stand up.
  5. Aug 21, 2014
    The game is ok but their is no tuning board the fine tune your car. you can buy all the upgrades but how the hell are you suppose to truly fine out how powerful your car is with out tuning radiculous.
  6. Jul 18, 2014
    I love that this game is expanding the audience from a typical gear head Forza. I like arcade type games and this one hits the spot without making me feel like I have not grown up. I would suggest that anyone looking for something a little different in a racer but still likes it to be grounded in reality to check this game out! I can't wait for the next one to come out on the "horizon"I love that this game is expanding the audience from a typical gear head Forza. I like arcade type games and this one hits the spot without making me feel like I have not grown up. I would suggest that anyone looking for something a little different in a racer but still likes it to be grounded in reality to check this game out! I can't wait for the next one to come out on the "horizon" .... Thanks, I will be here all week, try the fish! Expand
  7. Jun 8, 2014
    Forza Horizon, a nice twist on the original forza Motorsport series. Changing from a track based racing same to a free roam. With over 150 cars to choose from this game is no exeption. It has a slightly different racing style to forza 4 but it has the nice arcade feel ive been wanting from forza which they can improve on in their new release of forza Horizon 2 at E3 this year
  8. Apr 30, 2014
    Looking at the cover, I didn't expect an engaging, fast, fun and incredible game. Nothing is better than driving strait down the interstate at 200 mph taking in all the Colorado scenery than pulling off a fifty foot drift and into a fence . There are still flaws like the amount of invisible walls, the crash physics and how you can't use half the sweet cars you buy in races. But, that isLooking at the cover, I didn't expect an engaging, fast, fun and incredible game. Nothing is better than driving strait down the interstate at 200 mph taking in all the Colorado scenery than pulling off a fifty foot drift and into a fence . There are still flaws like the amount of invisible walls, the crash physics and how you can't use half the sweet cars you buy in races. But, that is ignored when I beat my friends speed zone record. Expand
  9. Mar 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Turn10 has done it again with Horizon.forget about any other racing game including need for speed.the cars look,sound,and drive amazing and realistic more than you can say for most other car games.while its still street racing it is some what proffesional and organized.upgrading of cars going deeper that i've ever seen i can modify my audi rs4 to a R8 motor its just awesome.there's only 2 minor flaws i found with the game.1 no tuning of the cars wich i tapicaly like and.2 decals and vynals are a bit poor.but otherwise awesome. FORZA rules Expand
  10. Feb 17, 2014
    best game i've ever played on my xbox 360 so realistic, when you've got xbox live you can get 193 cars and the most legany car on the planet is in the offline gameplay. lots of dlc cars to download and car packs ect, rally pack witch is deffantly worth the £13.67 you get 5 diffrent cars to start off with and lots of different parts for when making a rally car. GET IT
  11. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is awesome just awesome the best graphics ever and the cars are so life like it is insane. But finding the barn finds is pretty hard I think.
  12. Dec 19, 2013
    Forza Horizon is a great game. A beautiful open world that immerses you combined with strong racing elements makes for a breath-taking experience. The barn finds in the game, also, are extremely enjoyable.
  13. Dec 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is really nothing wrong with Forza Horizon but they do need to update the game and put a 2006 or 2007 Chevy Corvette Z06 and a McLaren P1 and maybe more race events Expand
  14. Sep 6, 2013
    Keep doing what you do best, as this shows clearly fine art. I have played this game since day 1, and I love it. A few minor details that have room for improvement even though the bar has been set so high because of this game.
    PROS: Beautiful scenic drives in different locations, real time traffic, great camera views, and good selection of cars
    CONS: Sound! Huge deal for me especially on
    CONS: Sound! Huge deal for me especially on 5.1/7.1 dolby, needs more depth, more projection from engine noise such as when your doing 120 mph through a section of buildings or even full throttle in a 500-1000 hp vehicle it would be extremely loud, sound waves bouncing off every object, and tons of commotion to where you cant think straight with a pair of Sennheisser or Turtle Beach PX51 headphones.
    Also more car selection like the older cars from previous games such as mazda 787b.
  15. Aug 20, 2013
    If your thing is playing a game that could have been so great but ruined by the collision physics on multiplayer, i had about 15 online races with one being clean and that is because the collisions were off, no matter how much you try and keep clean and play fair your bashed purposely by everyone and come off worse 9 times out of 10 despite being the good one.

What a shame they failed

What a shame they failed with this aspect of the game which makes it an utterly useless addition to any serious gamers collection, unless you can deal with the full contact racing if not i strongly advise to look elsewhere.
  16. Aug 15, 2013
    Forza Horizion is a poor game for many reason's, The price of the DLC's for one, 4000 msp for the season is a rip off, the cars are all the same, there's not enough cars on the game, too short of a career mode. This game is not worth the money. stay away from it.
  17. Aug 6, 2013
    this game is fantastic! reminds me of need for speed underground last generation but with a huge open world and a tonne of great cars. graphically the game is great and the environments and cars have that great feel. the difficulty of the game can be adjusted in a number of ways to ensure the game is never to hard or to easy. throw in a tonne of customization abilities, many racing modesthis game is fantastic! reminds me of need for speed underground last generation but with a huge open world and a tonne of great cars. graphically the game is great and the environments and cars have that great feel. the difficulty of the game can be adjusted in a number of ways to ensure the game is never to hard or to easy. throw in a tonne of customization abilities, many racing modes and open world events such as random challenges, barnyard cars and speed cameras this game has a lot of content. Expand
  18. Jul 31, 2013
    Why does this game have so many good reviews. This game isn't even really made by Turn 10. It's boring, repetitive. I was hoping for a realistic open world racer and that's not what I got.
  19. May 18, 2013
    Exactly what IGN said. 'It's the game we've been taught not to expect'. Great map, great cars, great detail, overall the game works amazingly. Only bad thing I would say is how they approach thew DLC. It's good, but only 6 cars for 400MSP is a bit bad. People complain about a small car list, but c'mon. How many games nowadays have 140 cars? With a lot of them being great cars, and not 50Exactly what IGN said. 'It's the game we've been taught not to expect'. Great map, great cars, great detail, overall the game works amazingly. Only bad thing I would say is how they approach thew DLC. It's good, but only 6 cars for 400MSP is a bit bad. People complain about a small car list, but c'mon. How many games nowadays have 140 cars? With a lot of them being great cars, and not 50 odd Nissans and Hondas.
    The game was short, around 15-20 to complete, but there was still stuff to do after you finish. And that was improved apon even more with the free 1000 club expansion.
    Amazing game
  20. May 10, 2013
    Forza Horizon is an open world concept racing game that is set in Colorado and is centered around the Forza Horizon music festival. The main objective of the game is to well... race and earn wristbands and challenge other drivers. The driving handles pretty much like any other Forza title. In Forza Horizon you are able to travel on dirt roads, city streets and a highway. Graphically, theForza Horizon is an open world concept racing game that is set in Colorado and is centered around the Forza Horizon music festival. The main objective of the game is to well... race and earn wristbands and challenge other drivers. The driving handles pretty much like any other Forza title. In Forza Horizon you are able to travel on dirt roads, city streets and a highway. Graphically, the game is nothing less than breathtaking. The scenery is fantastic and the day to night transitions are beautiful. One interesting feature is the different challenges in which you can race against planes. There is a wide variety of different vehicles to choose from to keep you satisfied. All and all this is a great effort by the folks from playground games and turn 10. There are a few complaints I have with this game that are relatively minor like not truly being able to explore areas, because it is fenced off. I would consider it more of an open road game than an open world game. Weather effects would have been a great addition, travelling in the snow capped Rocky mountains with snow falling would have been fantastic. I would have liked to have seen more vehicle damage and windshield cracks when crashing head on with another driver. As people of said, it is more like a Need for Speed title, but Forza at it's core. Overall, Forza Horizon is a great addition to the Forza Motorsport series. 8/10 Expand
  21. Apr 16, 2013
    Best racing game to date, also arguably the most realistic and the best looking. Perfect combination of cars, tuning and customization, location, story, events, realism and detail. Other developers should take notes.
  22. Apr 15, 2013
    a game that should have gone under a different name, because of the Forza title I am holding it upto Forza standards, giant lack of cars on game release makes it massively lacking in the variety area compared to earlier games given massive amounts of car packs but who wants to spend more then the inital 60 when previous titles already contained more. Also game contains the Bugatti. Anya game that should have gone under a different name, because of the Forza title I am holding it upto Forza standards, giant lack of cars on game release makes it massively lacking in the variety area compared to earlier games given massive amounts of car packs but who wants to spend more then the inital 60 when previous titles already contained more. Also game contains the Bugatti. Any game that has that car without actual full blown race cars in it is ruined in my opinion, nothing can match its speed and pretty much your goal is to just get that car because once its in your possession you have the best car in the game. Lack of customization is also a issue, previous titles had much more in-depth customization that I don't feel should have been left out. This game is not a true forza game instead a cheap knock off and I do feel it can be called a knock off since its put under the Exact same title. Would be a 7 of 10 instead if it wasn't just riding the True forzas fame to get sales on a wanna be Expand
  23. Mar 27, 2013
    So first look into horizon, I'd have to say the only negative complaints are this. There's no split screen multiplayer, and the sound of some of the cars (You're reading a review from a gearhead, keep in mind) aren't very accurate. It almost appears like the FH team focused on the big, expensive cars more than the little ones. Of course, the Pagani Huayra was straight on cue, but theSo first look into horizon, I'd have to say the only negative complaints are this. There's no split screen multiplayer, and the sound of some of the cars (You're reading a review from a gearhead, keep in mind) aren't very accurate. It almost appears like the FH team focused on the big, expensive cars more than the little ones. Of course, the Pagani Huayra was straight on cue, but the smaller, slower cars aren't given as much love! Other than that, still my favorite racing game, just as good as FM 4, but in a completely different perspective. The only thing I wish I could fix is the noise and the multiplayer features. Expand
  24. Mar 18, 2013
    This game is awesome, they introcued a new side series for Free-Roam in which made users travel around the city beating Racers on the Road to earn cash and also beat the Speed Cams. A amazing game this is.
  25. Jan 28, 2013
    The game is so much cool 150 cars a smalest collection comparing with fm4 and its dont have the co op multiplayer but this game is really fantastic the graphics are so beautiful and the story is so perfect and the multiplayer was the same as fm4 but its so nice
  26. Jan 17, 2013
    Great stuff, lots of diversity in the races, runs very smooth for 30hz. It''s good to look at as a companion to FM4 - it's frivolous but probably more fun, just less intense - so it depends what you're in the mood for. It's technically remarkable, kudos to the devs. To put handling like this in an open world sets a precedent. All the hip urban festival stuff is bulls**t, but it doesn'tGreat stuff, lots of diversity in the races, runs very smooth for 30hz. It''s good to look at as a companion to FM4 - it's frivolous but probably more fun, just less intense - so it depends what you're in the mood for. It's technically remarkable, kudos to the devs. To put handling like this in an open world sets a precedent. All the hip urban festival stuff is bulls**t, but it doesn't detract from the quality of the game. Expand
  27. Jan 17, 2013
    Such distances from the original series are often not good, in this case, however, lived up to the task, and Microsoft has done a really nice racer. Interesting festival atmosphere, very pleasant driving model, interesting races, open road, and most importantly, the view from the inside, so that the game is really fun. The game, however, has its drawbacks, we feel terrible constraints onSuch distances from the original series are often not good, in this case, however, lived up to the task, and Microsoft has done a really nice racer. Interesting festival atmosphere, very pleasant driving model, interesting races, open road, and most importantly, the view from the inside, so that the game is really fun. The game, however, has its drawbacks, we feel terrible constraints on the choice of cars, not used for racing at night, do not admire artwork and designer to the power of imposing additional races. My Rating - 8/10 Expand
  28. Jan 15, 2013
    I recall seeing rumors for this game popping up in the Forza 4 thread and instantly despising it once I saw the trailer. Being a fan of racing games, dumping many hours in Forza 3 and 4, and also a huge fan of EDM, it was like seeing them perverted and slapped together in some BS off year game. While I still hold strong on my position of the whole EDM center to the game, it held up on theI recall seeing rumors for this game popping up in the Forza 4 thread and instantly despising it once I saw the trailer. Being a fan of racing games, dumping many hours in Forza 3 and 4, and also a huge fan of EDM, it was like seeing them perverted and slapped together in some BS off year game. While I still hold strong on my position of the whole EDM center to the game, it held up on the racing side. If seeing a racer look so damn beautiful and remind me what it is like to drive a nice car through a beautiful part of the world wasn't enough, the gameplay was really fun. It held up extremely well to what I would expect from a Forza series and in some cases went beyond my expectations in providing something that a more "arcady" racer wouldn't necessarily require to please most of its fans. My favorite parts of the game were the point to point races that felt more like a reality than something like a circuit race. Being able to fly at 120mph on the edge of the cliff with the orange faces of Colorado's natural formations surrounding me or blazing down desert highways dodging commuter traffic at absurd speeds were really the staples of this game; these were the moments that kept me wanting more. There were definitely dull moments and a lot of the story, if you want to call it that, was exactly the same as NFS: Pro Street. I think the most surprising part for me was how much side stuff there was to do. When I first started playing I was annoyed by how far apart the races were and thinking about how much time I was going to spend over the course of the game driving in between events versus just choosing an event off a grid in Forza 4. Luckily the game soon unveils that you actually have an amazing amount of other stuff to do to pass the time and make those trips more fun. I equate it to interactive loading screens. Some of the downsides for me included not being able to swap my free roam car with ease or not being able to tune/upgrade without visiting the garage in the center of the map. I often found myself driving the same car in between events for each act of the game. So, I am pleased to say that Forza Horizon was the first game I completed in 2013, and if you are the kind of person who enjoys racing games (especially ones that are BEAUTIFUL), arcade or sim, this is absolutely worth dropping time into. Expand
  29. Jan 6, 2013
    Forza was getting stale. Circuit based racing that has been done to death in the franchise full of exotic exports and authentic driving experiences. The restrictions were too tight it seems, as Playground Games have stripped out all the senses of confinement and given us a stunning naturalistic landscape to race around in. Red rocking canyons, long stretches of road and valleys tearingForza was getting stale. Circuit based racing that has been done to death in the franchise full of exotic exports and authentic driving experiences. The restrictions were too tight it seems, as Playground Games have stripped out all the senses of confinement and given us a stunning naturalistic landscape to race around in. Red rocking canyons, long stretches of road and valleys tearing through the countryside with mountains gleaning in the backgrounds. The lack of changing weather systems and varied terrain are slight dents in the bodywork, but bringing Forza to the open world is a successful experiment that is due to a repeat trip. Expand
  30. Jan 3, 2013
    it's very good many new things great songs why not buy it nice cars nice places to race the game looks awesome it's a free rom if you love free rom racing games you will want to get this game (
  31. Jan 2, 2013
    (review em pt-br aki) Gostei muito do jogo, ótima trilha sonora, bom gameplay. Na minha opinão só peca um pouco em ser arcade e se você bater a 300km/h em uma árvore nada acontecer(só amassar um pouco). Pode ser também que enjoe de jogar, pois acabando as corridas não tem muito mais coisa para fazer. Mas é muito(review em pt-br aki) Gostei muito do jogo, ótima trilha sonora, bom gameplay. Na minha opinão só peca um pouco em ser arcade e se você bater a 300km/h em uma árvore nada acontecer(só amassar um pouco). Pode ser também que enjoe de jogar, pois acabando as corridas não tem muito mais coisa para fazer. Mas é muito recomedável sim e da pra divertir legal, além de a trilha sonora ser maravilhosa. Fls galera! Expand
  32. Jan 2, 2013
    EXCELLENT music, relaxed/less strict cornering, great points/XP to be earned at EVERY corner, overall a GREAT game. I have been playing Forza since Forza 2, and I know and love the simulation driving that it brings. With Horizon, there is a huge difference from the rest of the series, but even with my love of simulations driving/racing games, they have still done it justice. Yes it may beEXCELLENT music, relaxed/less strict cornering, great points/XP to be earned at EVERY corner, overall a GREAT game. I have been playing Forza since Forza 2, and I know and love the simulation driving that it brings. With Horizon, there is a huge difference from the rest of the series, but even with my love of simulations driving/racing games, they have still done it justice. Yes it may be simpler, and less strict, but the driving challenge is still customizable with all the assists and everything, so I do not see others complaints. I play with a +70% Credit bonus with most assists off, and high difficulty, so the only other gripes I see is maybe the new "shortcuts" as in the NFS series, where the best line might not help you, and may hinder, but the drifting is much improved, there is traffic to avoid on the road, and there is still the great, critically acclaimed physics engine behind it all. It IS still Forza, street style, done right. The entire experience of the Horizon in game festival brings joy to my heart every time I drive main area. They have done a great job at immersing you into the experience, and that is a crucial point I look for. I will say, however, that I am a huge hater of DLC, especially the DLC that is ready at launch, but my copy came with the rally expansion pack for free(Thank you Amazon), and the rest of the DLC cars are minimal in price, and worth every penny. I am new to the XBox racing game, as I have been strictly a PC gamer, but oh my god, why did I not join sooner!? The entire Forza series is a wonder, a brilliant wonder, and I miss not being current with the rest of the series. Anyways, even if you are a hardcore Forza simulation guru and fanatic, do not shy away from this game, as it still offers the same great Forza experience, just keep in mind this version is not the track variety, and instead is based on street racing. Only the tracks really suffer, tbh. Overall, I definitely recommend this game to casual racer fans and simulation gamers alike. Expand
  33. Dec 27, 2012
    This is supposed to be just a spin off , but I didn't realize that it maybe be pne of the best race games i've played, but it is not just an arcade game it is a mesh-up off arcade and simulators, and that is the bad point of this game.It is too realistic!. You accelerate and the car dont go like the NFS, you have to pratice the control of the car becouse it's too hard to control fast cars.This is supposed to be just a spin off , but I didn't realize that it maybe be pne of the best race games i've played, but it is not just an arcade game it is a mesh-up off arcade and simulators, and that is the bad point of this game.It is too realistic!. You accelerate and the car dont go like the NFS, you have to pratice the control of the car becouse it's too hard to control fast cars. But it is too the best point of the game, you can feel like a racer, you take a Ferrari and accelerate to 300Km/h and you feel the volocity of the car, and if you play in first person camera the experience of the being raring is too nice. So its a game that if you like real experience but an open world to explore, and the feel of be free in an simulator this game is for you. Expand
  34. Dec 25, 2012
    As a huge fan of open world sandbox and racing simulations, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read what this game was. The realistic physics and simulation of Forza with the open world freedom I so dearly love? No way.
    The odd thing is, it isn't quite either. The world is about as immersive as a kiddie pool, and the physics seem far too forgiving when you screw up, even with all the assists off. While the latter is kind of nice during important races, I can't help but feel that it wouldn't be a problem in the first place if you were allowed to tune your cars. Yeah, they got rid of that. Couldn't tell you why, as that was half the fun of the game for serious players, but it's gone. The garage is also severely limited; many of your favorites from FM4 are dead and gone. Remember how many Dodges and Audis there were? All but 3 or 4 are gone, respectively. Yes, there will be DLC in the future but even with that, the variety will never stand up to the past. One last removal gripe is that there is seemingly no way to perform a drivetrain conversion. Any car you buy is stuck with its stock configuration, which is especially odd seeing as how you can still perform engine swaps and aspiration conversions.
    All of that said, Horizon is a lot of fun. I came expecting a realistic simulation in a rich open world, and got a watered down experience in a watered down world. Alone, this would be a disappointment, but for whatever reason this game just works. The story is just coherent enough to work, and you don't much care about it anyway as you keep winning races. Your garage is still very full of unique cars, and the paint setups are as open as ever. Despite some shortcomings, Horizon is a very fun game to play. Just don't take it too seriously.
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    Wow! This sums up my experience with this game. Ive been playing forza series since forza3 and i was skeptical about this title at first. I actually enjoyed racing with the previous forza titles on tracks where corners and apex of every turn is hilighted. Horizon gives forza a more freeflow feel, i turned off the racing line completely because this game doesnt penalize u for takingWow! This sums up my experience with this game. Ive been playing forza series since forza3 and i was skeptical about this title at first. I actually enjoyed racing with the previous forza titles on tracks where corners and apex of every turn is hilighted. Horizon gives forza a more freeflow feel, i turned off the racing line completely because this game doesnt penalize u for taking shortcuts or cutting corners. Its just so much fun. A tip to put more fun and make it more challenging especially for forza vets is to turn off assist and switch to manual transmission. Assisst sometimes mess up your driving and make u slower. Having full control of your car with forza physics in an open beautiful world is just awesome. Get this game. Note that is one of the few games in metacritic with a user score approximating the critic score. Much respect to the dev. Expand
  36. Dec 4, 2012
    boring dull and repetitive, don't buy this game rent it as you can easily complete it in less than 4 days, no value at all plus the DLC that costs more than the game costs to buy, if you still want to buy it wait till after xmass and no doubt it'll be in every stores bargain bins.
  37. Dec 2, 2012
    Ba ba ba ba baaaa im lovin it! This is great fun and looks amazeballs, seriously the graphics made me do a little bit of a sex wee in my pants. The music and Grand Theft Auto style radio stations are cool too! Well done Play Ground Games, a job well done. *salutes you*
  38. Dec 2, 2012
    I just purchased this game on black Friday for 15$, and let me tell you it was well worth it. I am usually a little skeptical when it comes to racing games because I want one that is fun but not too arcade like and also one that is realistic but not simulation. This for me was the perfect mix of the two. It takes a lot from what was great in Forza 4 and just makes it a little more arcadeI just purchased this game on black Friday for 15$, and let me tell you it was well worth it. I am usually a little skeptical when it comes to racing games because I want one that is fun but not too arcade like and also one that is realistic but not simulation. This for me was the perfect mix of the two. It takes a lot from what was great in Forza 4 and just makes it a little more arcade like with better drifting. The vehicle customization is immersive and deep as you would expect from a Forza game, and the car clubs are back and still as fun as before. The online play is your standard fair for a racing game, but they also have playground play lists like infection, and cat and mouse etc. I had a lot of fun playing with friends online and its interesting because every time you rank up, you get a lottery and you can win anything from 4500 credits, to a new car, or even one million credits. Overall the atmosphere is pleasing, the mechanics are top notch, the customization is great, and the overall presentation is very well done. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes a little arcade flavor with their racing games. Expand
  39. Dec 1, 2012
    Ok if you check my last review i hated Forza 4 alot, even though it had top gear in it. Anyway horizan much improves from Forza 4 in many ways that made me love it more, heck it is one of the best racing games that i have played so far. First off you will see that it is open world strait off the bat, and you will also notice that the enviornments are beautiful and diverse. Then one thingOk if you check my last review i hated Forza 4 alot, even though it had top gear in it. Anyway horizan much improves from Forza 4 in many ways that made me love it more, heck it is one of the best racing games that i have played so far. First off you will see that it is open world strait off the bat, and you will also notice that the enviornments are beautiful and diverse. Then one thing is that multiplayer is much better aswell, i can actually find a match and the whole storefront has been streamlined to make it much easier to get what you need and go on. And another thing that really didn't need improvement is the car sounds, yet they made them even better. Now a Diablo sounds really close to the actually, the only difference is that a real one would be too loud for the game to handle. And one thing that i like the most is that they made the game much more challenging and less restrictive on what you want to drive, the AI is really, really hard on the highest difficulty, compare that to Forza 4 where even i could get 3rd with the AI on hard and all assist off. The only problem with this game i that the world is too small, in comparrison to TDU1 and TDU2, luckly Horizan beats the TDU series on every other level. And i guess another minor problem is that the car crash physics are the worse since FM1, and the rollover physics, sadly this is because GRID set that bar so high for me i really don't see FM getting to that level. Though a major problem i still run into is that the game as a whole is still a little to easy. I already have 700k and i don't know how to spend it, i never feel the urge to tune a car unless for the fun of it, never for making it easier to win. Sum it up Pros:Streamlined online, harder then FM4, enviornments, and very fun to explore. Cons:Still fairly easy, outdated crashes. Overall i give it a solid 8/10. Expand
  40. Dec 1, 2012
    Loved this game. Can be as sim or arcady as you like - my preference is somewhere between. Also plays great with the wireless steering wheel. Gorgeous graphics, fantastic cars and scenery, races and progression are expertly set up - only bummer are the endless taunts you have to suffer from the game's characters before each race. Otherwise, my favourite racing game on console. A+!!!
  41. Nov 28, 2012
    Since i picked this game up i cant put it down! Looks AMAZIN,alot better lookin than Forza 3 and 4, lots to see an do with simulator handlin and sim upgrades,decals,paint,wheels,turbos,suspension, everything from Forza 4 has been carried over, best open world racer and one of the best racing games ever!
  42. Nov 28, 2012
    What do you get when you take a bunch of Brits who worked on such game series like Project Gotham Racing,Colin Mcrae, DIRT, GRID, BLUR and others? You get a new British developer named Play Ground Games and a great game named Forza Horizon is what! I enjoyed previous Forza games but there was a lot that i didn't like about them...1.Driving round the same track for more than 3 laps boresWhat do you get when you take a bunch of Brits who worked on such game series like Project Gotham Racing,Colin Mcrae, DIRT, GRID, BLUR and others? You get a new British developer named Play Ground Games and a great game named Forza Horizon is what! I enjoyed previous Forza games but there was a lot that i didn't like about them...1.Driving round the same track for more than 3 laps bores me. 2.The backround graphics looked terrible,buildings and trees etc just looked poo! 3.The music in them was terrible. Forza Horizon ditches race tracks for a big open world set in Colorado US...now let me tell you...this game looks incredible, the backround graphics are much much better than previous Forzas and the whole game is not only one of the best graphical racing games, it's also one of the best graphical games out there on console.The closest thing to compare it to graphicaly is Criterion Games Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 which also looks amazing.The locations are very varied and similar too,from deserts to forests to cities to small towns.The new day/night lighting cycle is very impressive,suns sets and rises with bursts of light from behind snowy mountains and through trees,as flocks of birds take to the skys and Autumn leaves gently fall from the trees,while the Horizon festival lights up the sky with lots of lights lasers and fireworks,it all looks impressive. There are around 140 cars on offer with many more to download, graphically the cars are all great but a mixed bunch, what i mean by this is some of the cars (The main big boys like the Ferrari 458 Italia etc) look just like in Forza 4, while others are around 85-95% as good looking as Forza 4's. Think of the cars in Need For Speed The Run and Forza 4...well their inbetween the 2, better looking than The Runs but not quite as good as Forza 4's...so the cars look great and the change doesnt stick out like a sore thumb at all,the whole thing blends real well.The traffic on the road looks very good just like it did in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010,lots of real world traffic cars,vans and lorrys driving around the open world.Selecting cars in the show room look 90 to 95% as good as Forza 4, but the new lighting system looks better with light reflecting off the cars and even the lighting rigs on the shoowroom roof reflecting in the windscreen etc. Theres an overwhelming ammount to do in Forza Horizon, lots of varied events and things to do from racing on and off road,racing planes,hot air balloons,sprint races,track races,street races and more.Also every now and again 'Barn finds' will be announced over one of the radio stations, basically you have to find a barns that have old run down cars in them so an old guy can fix them up for you to keep or sell.Handling is very much like Forza 4 with just a dashing of Race Driver GRID in there + you get to select different modes like Simulator,assisted or customize your own just like in Forza 4, its all there the same as simulator upgrades takn straight from Forza 4, add turbos,suspension,body kits,decals,change the paint,wheels,everything from Forza 4 is in here to keep the simulator fans happy. There are many different road surfaces on and off road and all of them feel different and a pleaure to drive on. The music is much better than previous Forza games, this time the famous British Electro duo Chase & Status have put together over 60 different artists across 3 stations. Lots of house,dance,electro,dub step,drum and base which all the Europeans will love, It also has a diverse selection of Rock and lots of remixes of of indie festival favorites. The radio is alos alive with different radio DJ's talking about random funny stuff and giving you updates on all kinds of things from barn finds,to latest racing news,whos cool and whos not,whos challenging and inviting who to events and talk about random celebrities at the Horizon festival, so the radio stations feel alive the whole time and never get boring.For fans of the cheesie stories and high end custcenes in the Need For Speed Undergound and Most Wanted 2005 series, you will love Horizon as it has all these and a story to it,hot girls,other racers challenging you an smack talkin,weird an wonderfull celebrities,old wise men who fix up your cars while offering you advice and educating you a bit on the classic barn find cars, theres plenty of all that in Horizon and its all done well and looks great. Neat little touches where men and hot girls stand in the middle of the road with flares to start some street races or neon flares shooting up in the sky to start a race before landing in the middle of the road and fizzling out,and fireworks and conffetti as you cross the finish line. I think its the best Forza in the series as i love open world racers (and no im not a kid! Ive noticed simulator fans saying that Horizon is for kids,im 30),add that to its amazing graphics,great music and overwhelming content and you have one of the best racing games ever made. Expand
  43. Nov 24, 2012
    im sick and tired of forza they release a new one every year just because Forza 3 sold alot doesn't mean you have to make a new one every year it will ruin the franchise Microsoft U DUMB
  44. Nov 24, 2012
    What an amazing game. Somehow they have managed to merge best parts of free roam racing games and the fantastic simulation of forza games into one. In singleplayer there is so much to do and none of it is tedious like other games can be. The cars drive really well (as expected). This game is a must have. The online is the weak link, however and that is why I am giving it a 9 and not a 10.
  45. Nov 24, 2012
    Ive been a Forza fan since it launched on the original Xbox. I was always impressed with the number of cars and the vast amount of customization available in each new Forza release. I loved being able to buy cars that I owned in real life, customizing them and then racing them on the game. Or buying cars that I never even heard of and racing them. And lots of them at that! Loved the superIve been a Forza fan since it launched on the original Xbox. I was always impressed with the number of cars and the vast amount of customization available in each new Forza release. I loved being able to buy cars that I owned in real life, customizing them and then racing them on the game. Or buying cars that I never even heard of and racing them. And lots of them at that! Loved the super cars the classic American muscle cars the vintage imports, all of em. I Pre-Ordered Horizon right after I finished the demo, I thought Colorado looks amazing and this is going to be a blast roaring through these canyons in all those cars. I played it on launch day as soon as I got home. The first 2 hours I was in love with it. I was always fond of the VW Corrodo so having that as the starter car was great and tooling around Colorado to all of the early races was enjoyable. Day turning into night and then the dashboard lights turning on was brilliant. Driving into the main event area had this wild festival carshow feel and I wanted to be there in real life. After going through the somewhat silly storyline I went directly to the auto show to get a peek at all the awesome cars I would soon be collecting. What a disappointment, I had to suspend disbelief. The list of cars was was puny in comparison to what I had become accustom to from the Forza series. Where once the car list was encyclopedic now it was like cliff-notes. That disappointment soon turned into annoyance and feeling jipped when I discovered the day one download content with extra cars and a season pass that promised even more cars and rally circuits. I just paid 60 bucks for this thing and here they are hitting me up for more money already?!? On release day??? Its like buying a pair of pants and then finding out that you have to pay extra for pockets , zipper on the fly and belt loops. Give me the full game for full price and if you want to sell extras later fine but thinning the content and selling it as day one DLC is a slap in the face. Then yesterday I see that Forza Horizon in this "Black Friday" sale for 14 dollars..... One month after Launch. If I had paid 14 dollars for it I would give Horizon an 8, I feel like that's an honest score for the game. But I supported the series and Pre-Ordered paying over 3 times the Black Friday Sale price only one month earlier. So I'm giving it a 3. Expand
  46. Nov 22, 2012
    forza horizon is a compilation of great ideas motoring, is all that need for speed should be. The plot attractive, the huge amount of cars, the open world. And all the main features of the series, such as sound, gameplay, beautiful graphics, etc ...
  47. Nov 20, 2012
    Beautiful graphics, especially for an open world game. Perfect blend of Forza quality driving with open world freedom and small arcade-like additions such as skill points for agressive driving. Single player was highly addictive for me and I enjoyed every minute of it. Great music selection and integration of in-game radio. I enjoyed the multiplayer and play it quite a bit but I do with itBeautiful graphics, especially for an open world game. Perfect blend of Forza quality driving with open world freedom and small arcade-like additions such as skill points for agressive driving. Single player was highly addictive for me and I enjoyed every minute of it. Great music selection and integration of in-game radio. I enjoyed the multiplayer and play it quite a bit but I do with it had more depth. Possibly more game types and many more online statistics. Expand
  48. Nov 19, 2012
    After owning and selling 2 Xbox 360's now i thought i had had enough of the Microsoft console, preferring the slicker graphics and general nerdiness of a PC rig. That was until this game was released...and being an avid fan of the Forza series i succumed to the purchase of my 3rd Xbox 360. So far i have not been disapointed with my decidion, Horizon is everything i was expecting and inAfter owning and selling 2 Xbox 360's now i thought i had had enough of the Microsoft console, preferring the slicker graphics and general nerdiness of a PC rig. That was until this game was released...and being an avid fan of the Forza series i succumed to the purchase of my 3rd Xbox 360. So far i have not been disapointed with my decidion, Horizon is everything i was expecting and in places a little more. Having played the new NFS: Most wanted title before getting my hands on Horizon i was genuinely shocked and pleasently surprised by the graphcis, options, feel of cars and attention to detail you get with Horizon. Cars still portray some of the traits from the Forza Motorsport handling models, providing a solid, grounded yet more forgiving feel when hurtling around the country roads in Horizon. The open world take on the Forza game is a welcome addition with tracks, roads and short cuts providing an excellent playground for the generous car list provided by the Turn 10 team. I am only about 2 hours into the game and continue to be enthralled and surprised by what is thrown at me in this game, but from Turn 10 should i expect anything else? Expand
  49. Nov 16, 2012
    You did the good thing. Ask GT to make another Review of Forza Horizon and they would give it 7,5 or 8. It's definitely not an Open World Game. It feels like 15 maps combined with glue so it looks like an Open World. And you can't discover anything? What Can you discover? You can't get away from the road because there are these metals things following the road anywhere you drive.You did the good thing. Ask GT to make another Review of Forza Horizon and they would give it 7,5 or 8. It's definitely not an Open World Game. It feels like 15 maps combined with glue so it looks like an Open World. And you can't discover anything? What Can you discover? You can't get away from the road because there are these metals things following the road anywhere you drive. You HAVE to follow the road. It's VERY linear. Expand
  50. Nov 14, 2012
    Just you and your favorite car against the open environment Colorado. This day and night cycle open world offers you something that you don't see in many racing games. It still has the physics from Forza but has an added twist from Turn 10. Though the game is not entirely simulation like you see in the Forza series it has a lot to bring to the table. Graphics are fantastic as alwaysJust you and your favorite car against the open environment Colorado. This day and night cycle open world offers you something that you don't see in many racing games. It still has the physics from Forza but has an added twist from Turn 10. Though the game is not entirely simulation like you see in the Forza series it has a lot to bring to the table. Graphics are fantastic as always and driving terrain consists of long open roads to hairpin turns through the mountains. This game is a celebration of cars and the world of racing. I highly recommend it to any of you car enthusiast out there as well as thrill seekers. Expand
  51. Nov 14, 2012
    This game really has no right to be this good. No cops, no crazy jumps, no driving off the track in an open world racer. Yet here I am wondering if this is the best racer I have played this generation. Could be. But finding something to compare it too is a little hard. It isn't really like Forza 4 or GT5 but it isn't quite Burnout either. The cars control as arcade or as sim as you want soThis game really has no right to be this good. No cops, no crazy jumps, no driving off the track in an open world racer. Yet here I am wondering if this is the best racer I have played this generation. Could be. But finding something to compare it too is a little hard. It isn't really like Forza 4 or GT5 but it isn't quite Burnout either. The cars control as arcade or as sim as you want so you basically get the best of both worlds. You have standard races, 1 on 1 races, glorified time trials racing against planes and hot air balloons, sections where you just try and hit top speeds, signs to destroy for discounts, old cars called barn finds to discover hidden in the world (Supposed to be Colorado and does a decent job of doing it), and Forza 4's insane livery / car details system. But it is all kept in realism so maybe it is a tad too safe for a system with 3 Forza's and 2 Project Gotham's. The cars look great bit not quite up to Forza 4's levels plus there are not quite as many to choose from. It also runs at 30 fps instead of 60. And when you see it you will know why. It looks incredible and some of the cars are so fast it looks like the road textures are moving backwards! Great variety in racing terrain as well. Dirt, mud, street, gravel. It is all here and most races require you driving on more than one. It has the best lighting engine in any racer by far, a sweet day to night cycle, and very little pop-in. And these tracks are insanely detailed. Nothing is better than driving through the forest and seeing the lights from a nearby town or better yet, the Horizon Festival in the background. It is a looker and one of the best looking console games out period. Speaking of the festival that counts as your hub for all things racing. Your garage, upgrades, all done there. There is somewhat of a story to it but I lost interest in it. Needless to say the music was decent enough that I did not load up my hard drive music to turn it off. The story did do a good job on how you earn the wrist bands, which in actuality just opens up more tracks. If you have a 360 and like racers there is no reason not to pick this up. It is probably the best racing game out, and since racing is usually my favorite genre, that is saying something. Expand
  52. Nov 13, 2012
    Best game ever made on one level with Criterion and Rockstar, real next-gen graphics and very detalied world in all moments, from cutscenes to track objects. Best soundtrack EVER inludes #1 hits from bands: Arctic Monkeys, Dizzie Rescal ft. DJ Fresh, Benny Benassi, Santigold and classics 80-90s New Order/The Stone Roses.
  53. Nov 8, 2012
    Thought this would be a nice addition to the Forza franchise but is a game of it's own, It's TDU2 done like I wanted it to be. No tuning but I'm not that good of a tuner anyway and tired to losing to those that are (the same guys I share my paints with but don't share their tunes...grrr) The online racing is a blast and love Virus and King. Only drawback is not enough cars but that willThought this would be a nice addition to the Forza franchise but is a game of it's own, It's TDU2 done like I wanted it to be. No tuning but I'm not that good of a tuner anyway and tired to losing to those that are (the same guys I share my paints with but don't share their tunes...grrr) The online racing is a blast and love Virus and King. Only drawback is not enough cars but that will change as time goes on. Can't wait for Horizon II......used to play FORZA4 daily, haven't touched it since I got Horizon. Expand
  54. Nov 8, 2012
    Reminds me of Need For Speed Underground 2, i like that game, this one too. It would be nice if the makers of these games actually experienced the different racing diciplines rather than just making it up.
  55. Nov 7, 2012
    Not as jawdroppingly gorgeous as Forza Motorsport 4, but an amazing and fun open world racer that puts its competition to shame. Cars are still beautiful and lovingly recreated, but the real draw for this game is the physics engine, which makes most other racing games feel so unrealistic by comparison. For me, Forza is the pinnacle of the racing genre and Horizon is an open world ForzaNot as jawdroppingly gorgeous as Forza Motorsport 4, but an amazing and fun open world racer that puts its competition to shame. Cars are still beautiful and lovingly recreated, but the real draw for this game is the physics engine, which makes most other racing games feel so unrealistic by comparison. For me, Forza is the pinnacle of the racing genre and Horizon is an open world Forza game. At times, the game nags you to participate in particular races or spend real life money to buy things you can earn in game, but I'm able to ignore that crap and revel in the amazing Colorado world that Horizon offers. Expand
  56. Nov 6, 2012
    A release which surprised me. Arrived in silence, with little information, and able to create the atmosphere in the campaign as NFS and TDU never succeeded!
    Certainly one of the best racing games for console.
  57. Nov 6, 2012
    A breath of fresh air for the series and one that should appeal to fans old and new, Forza Horizon may have toned down on the realism but the open world environment and host of quirky ideas more than make up for any discrepancies. This is a racing game that has plenty under the hood, and leaves you wanting one more shot at racing glory.
  58. Nov 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great addition to the pile of racing games on the 360. Addictive is the word that comes to mind. Take the good bits from other games, add them together but give them a slightly different overall spin and you have one awesome game. I can only compare it to Most Wanted 2012 since their release is so close. Well the user scores here tell the story. Great graphics in Horizon compared to MW. Both games need more character in the AI people you race against but at least in Horizon there is some character there. Only one game says play me and that is even after all achievements earnt and that is Horizon. It is now my view that Forza is the name on the top 2 racing franchises - NFS and Burnout beaten at first attempt and I say again look at the user scores for confirmation of this. This is an awesome game with an awesome list of cars and awesome rivals mode. Expand
  59. Nov 3, 2012
    Best racing game of the year? yes. This game is everything you are expecting and though it may not be perfect (at least let us tune the gears playground...) beyond that it is exactly what we have been waiting for since Forza first came out... a.k.a. open world Forza. Those who say that the game feels more arcade like than other Forza games, check your difficulty and turn the driving toBest racing game of the year? yes. This game is everything you are expecting and though it may not be perfect (at least let us tune the gears playground...) beyond that it is exactly what we have been waiting for since Forza first came out... a.k.a. open world Forza. Those who say that the game feels more arcade like than other Forza games, check your difficulty and turn the driving to simulation. What can you expect? Paint shop, garage, customization, online racing, storefront, and forza physics are all still there. What more do you want? Great game, hope to see more from this playground / turn 10 partnership in the future. Expand
  60. Nov 3, 2012
    Just played this game, very beautiful, very engaging, perfect usability design, excellent choice of music of various genres, love it! Lighting and overall presentation is gorgeous! Very fun to play, thanks for making this game M.S. you made my weeknights and weekends!
  61. Nov 3, 2012
    Don't get duped like I did. I love Forza because even on the lower difficulty settings with a controller it requires some amount of skill. You really have to pay attention to physics (for a non simulation game anyway). Horizon, however, takes a large step away from the realistic essence that the main entries into the Forza series provide. This is not to say that Horizon is a bad game, itDon't get duped like I did. I love Forza because even on the lower difficulty settings with a controller it requires some amount of skill. You really have to pay attention to physics (for a non simulation game anyway). Horizon, however, takes a large step away from the realistic essence that the main entries into the Forza series provide. This is not to say that Horizon is a bad game, it just shouldn't have the Forza name attached to it. The best way to describe the Horizon game in terms of Forza is to say Need For Speed: Carbon was really named Gran Turismo: Carbon. If you don't mind a seriously arcade-y feel to your Forza game, then by all means this game is for you. Bummed I didn't go for the remake of NFS: Most Wanted; it may be arcade style racing, but at least it doesn't present itself as anything else. Worth it for $20 or so though. Expand
  62. Nov 2, 2012
    Excelente juego, mucho mejor que el NFS MW criterion, eventos decabellados, autos detallados, buenos graficos, excelentes rivales etc Microsoft demostro que puede trascender su franquicia de una serie monotona a una mas emocionante de carreras callejeras
  63. Nov 1, 2012
    I really like this game its different from the track racing hence then name "Forza horizon" not "Forza motorsport horizon" yeah they might be some downfalls in this game like fine tuning but the game isn't about tuning your car to be the fastest on the road but it would of been nice to actually be able to fine tune your car. I also think the graphics are more improved then forza 4 and theI really like this game its different from the track racing hence then name "Forza horizon" not "Forza motorsport horizon" yeah they might be some downfalls in this game like fine tuning but the game isn't about tuning your car to be the fastest on the road but it would of been nice to actually be able to fine tune your car. I also think the graphics are more improved then forza 4 and the added little details scattered around like the leaves kicking up when you ride over them. This game is not meant to be 100% realistic or 100% arcadey its just in between and i think they have got that spot on. This is just my opinion. To me this game works and i hope they release more games like this in the future Expand
  64. Nov 1, 2012
    I loved this game. I was hoping for a little more open world exploration, like Test Drive Unlimited, but was a little let down by a less than expansive environment. The car customization is just like most of the older Forza games, although I noticed a few flaws applying decals. ( Like not being able to put decals on a certain parts of the bumper.) Another complaint I had is the ladyI loved this game. I was hoping for a little more open world exploration, like Test Drive Unlimited, but was a little let down by a less than expansive environment. The car customization is just like most of the older Forza games, although I noticed a few flaws applying decals. ( Like not being able to put decals on a certain parts of the bumper.) Another complaint I had is the lady "organizing" the events at the Horizon festival gives off some sort of a "waitress just milking you for a tip" vibe. She chimes in at random times about not seeing you in events or telling you to go buy a new car because "You deserve it". Apart from those complaints I really enjoyed the games soundtrack, and the detail on the car interiors is awesome. The cars handle well and the overall game play mechanic fells smooth. If you enjoyed the older Forza games I do not see any reason why you would not enjoy this one. I recommend this game highly. Expand
  65. Nov 1, 2012
    Very good solid racing game. The controls are tight, realistic, and the engine has very few hiccups. Car selection is good, but I wish some of the cars from Forza 4 made it into the game. Open world is a really nice touch, great looking world with a good looking day to night cycle. Good music selection, with Bass Arena (Dubstep, Dance, House), Pulse (Alternative, Pop) and Rocks (music inVery good solid racing game. The controls are tight, realistic, and the engine has very few hiccups. Car selection is good, but I wish some of the cars from Forza 4 made it into the game. Open world is a really nice touch, great looking world with a good looking day to night cycle. Good music selection, with Bass Arena (Dubstep, Dance, House), Pulse (Alternative, Pop) and Rocks (music in name) station. AI is intelligent, as always. Vinyl editor is a nice distraction, I wish you could buy other peoples "stamps" (images they created already), not just entire vinyls. Showtime events are a good replacement for the usual checkpoint type races of the genre. Instead of just racing against a clock, you're racing against a plane/helicopter/hot-air ballon. Much more interesting. Barn find cars are mostly useless(50s race cars aren't generally good against modern cars), but still nice to have. Glad I spent the money, well worth it! Expand
  66. Nov 1, 2012
    Absolutely amazing game. Everything made with top quality. Probably best racing game on current gen. Great colorful graphics, very stable performance and perfect physics. And stunning soundtrack.
  67. Oct 31, 2012
    Love it! Negative reviews are really not realistic. Yes it is a simulation! If you were looking for an arcade game than buy NFS or others. Awesome handling, beautiful graphics...just awesome. Nothing for pure arcade freaks but the game is absolutely splendid if you like ultra precise driving.
  68. Oct 30, 2012
    A NICE DAY OFF WORK!
    My title of the review says it all. People should take Forza Horizon for what its ment to be... FUN!
    A NICE DAY OFF WORK!
    It really is like a nice day off work, after a hard shift at (WORK) on Forza 4, between trying to knock 100th of a second off a lap time, or changing a setup on a car because the rebound on your rear suspension is too stiff, that coupled with the attack setting on the rear diff, its nice to play a racing game and not have to think too much or too hard and just relax. Forza Horizon (THE DAY OFF WORK) does just that....
    Fair enough some people might think the career is easy, turn the setting to insane and all driver aids off, see how easy it is now.
    People say "Its too arcadey"... it aint meant to be a like for like simulation. If it was it would just be Forza 4.5 or 5.
    People say its a "Dirt Clone" or a "Burnout Clone", does that not make every "Non simulation racing" game a clone of something? Or games in general just clones of something.
    Its rewarding, easy enough to get the hang of, but difficult to master. And most of all its gorgeously good looking fun to play, solo or online.
    My only stipulation is the music is abit chedder'ish. In saying that none of the music i would listen to anyway, but for all intents and purposes, it provides atmosphere and energy to an already high energy game.
    If you love cars, driving them fast, the idea of doing a 10 mile sprint down a motorway/highway in a Ferrari F50 or something similar or not as the case may be, the Forza Brand, but want a little something something like Forza 4 that doesnt take itself too serious. Forza Horizon could be the very thing for you.
    It aint perfect, nothing is, but for all the charm and fun to be seen and had, you'll forget about that and just enjoy the ride!
  69. Oct 30, 2012
    Best car racing game since forza 4 , but in a very different way , more arcade, really beautiful game , hours of play, bad point is the multiplayer , no real free roaming with traffic for the moment
  70. Oct 30, 2012
    I was so excited when I saw the E3 announcement but like many other games, this one was disappointing, I only played the demo but that was enough to make me not want to pay more than $20 for the game. They made it all too easy, it feels like a beautiful Burnout Paradise rip-off. At least Paradise had fantastic crashes, this game feels like they almost scrapped the physics and turned itI was so excited when I saw the E3 announcement but like many other games, this one was disappointing, I only played the demo but that was enough to make me not want to pay more than $20 for the game. They made it all too easy, it feels like a beautiful Burnout Paradise rip-off. At least Paradise had fantastic crashes, this game feels like they almost scrapped the physics and turned it into a "no practice" game. I was just sad to see Motorsport turned into this! Don't get me wrong, It is a super fun game and I enjoy it but like many other sequels it was disappointing. Expand
  71. Oct 28, 2012
    I'm very much enjoying this game! Comparing it to Forza 4 (seems the right thing to do), this wins in almost every way. Better graphics, better presentation, better progression - but with the same fantastic handling model backing it up! Dropping the progression system of Forza 4 works very much in this game's favour. Now, instead of navigating menus and selecting from various race andI'm very much enjoying this game! Comparing it to Forza 4 (seems the right thing to do), this wins in almost every way. Better graphics, better presentation, better progression - but with the same fantastic handling model backing it up! Dropping the progression system of Forza 4 works very much in this game's favour. Now, instead of navigating menus and selecting from various race and series types, you simply set your GPS to an event that is open, and drive to it. Wonderful fun, with the great physics that Forza has built over the years. If you can't be bothered to drive (it can take a few minutes to cross the map) you can open up way points as you travel, which can be teleported to (at a cost) from wherever you are. The presentation has moved away from serious racing sim territory, and into a camp that is very much Need for Speed's domain. Except Forza manages to pull it off (almost) without being too crass. The game opens up with you racing towards "Horizon", with only 10 spaces remaining to be included in the events. Of course, you just make it... and so begins your journey as the noobie of Horizon. Whilst driving about between events, you will be told of "barn finds" and given a general area to search. Some very cool old cars come out of this once you find them. You also find speed traps, and it is up to you to get the fastest speed through them - when you pass one, it records your speed, and compares it to your personal best AND the best speed of all your friends, encouraging a nice competition especially when a message flashes up saying "blahblah has beaten your speed camera record". Another exciting addition is the ability to play against ghosts of other players' best times on any course once you complete it. It could be someone on your friends list, or a complete stranger, but it's a lot of fun trying to best another's times in such a way (and it still allows you to do so with a Silver account, which is nice). I picked up the Wireless "speed wheel" today, after a couple of days of playing with a pad, and am pleased to confirm the wheel works wonderfully! When I'm trying to get a best time, or fastest speed through a speed camera, I will default to my pad, but for more casual races, the wheels is awesome, the game just works with it.

All in all this is a fantastic game, and whilst watered down in some respects, it is better for it. It's been billed as a spin off, and it certainly fills the gap until another "proper" Forza comes along.
  72. Oct 28, 2012
    Forza Horizon does feel a bit like NFS (it did remind me Underground 2 actually). The game is pretty solid. I only experienced the single player mode, fully cleared it in 14 hours of gameplay and well I had fun from the first minute to the last.

The "plot" is something we all seen already (noob driver with no car & cash climbing the popularity ladder and eventually becoming the champion). Races are fun and the variety of car/challenge makes you never bored. I really loved the OST (Nero, Mord Fustang, etc.)

The "grind" isn't endless and you can see straight after couple hours than the end isn't far. I don't really like playing racing game where grinding EXP/cash/championships take months. At least here you see the end of the tunnel, and that's what kept me motivated to clear the game.

A solid 9/10.
  73. Oct 28, 2012
    Been playing Forza over the weekend and although this is an early review, I reckon it's one of the best driving games out there. I sort of got bored with previous Forza games but there is enough variety of race types and locations to make this one very interesting. The developers should win an award for the graphical design in this game, for a console the graphics are excellent and theyBeen playing Forza over the weekend and although this is an early review, I reckon it's one of the best driving games out there. I sort of got bored with previous Forza games but there is enough variety of race types and locations to make this one very interesting. The developers should win an award for the graphical design in this game, for a console the graphics are excellent and they fly along at a consistent frame rate and I've yet to see any slow down, even at night. The music is one of the things that I love about this game, a good range of tunes on the radio stations and nice to hear The Stone Roses when I'm drifting my Lambo Countach. The handling is superb and the range of cars make this a driving game for car lovers. It's easily my favourite driving game of this generation with some cracking DLC to come, including rally.
    The open road aspect in single player is a little empty but if you find enough places to jump, spin, drift of overtake, it's a lot of fun. Currently I'm driving classic Beetle with a supercharger!
    The only reason this game is an 9 is the fact that I can side swipe a fence but I get stuck up against a little bush. That sort of stuff grates after a bit. Top game with some nice classic cars and the best looking driving game to ever grace a console. Now bring on Most Wanted!
  74. Oct 27, 2012
    Forza Horizon Is a Fresh Racing Hybrid, A Mixture of Arcade and Simulation. Not only Is Forza Horizon Graphically stunning but The In game's Soundtrack Is Amazing! A great mixture Indeed! The Radio Station's DJ's Presented In the game are lively...It really make you feel like your In your Car Experiencing Colorado at High Speed. Nevertheless Forza Horizon Is pure Fun!! and a much neededForza Horizon Is a Fresh Racing Hybrid, A Mixture of Arcade and Simulation. Not only Is Forza Horizon Graphically stunning but The In game's Soundtrack Is Amazing! A great mixture Indeed! The Radio Station's DJ's Presented In the game are lively...It really make you feel like your In your Car Experiencing Colorado at High Speed. Nevertheless Forza Horizon Is pure Fun!! and a much needed turn around In the franchise taken by Turn10. Also When compared to Need For Speed...It's like Apples and Oranges. EA's Need for Speed needs to definitely take some notes!! Expand
  75. Oct 27, 2012
    The offline play is awesome and i like the open expanse that you get to explore but online play is a different matter. This game will probably gather dust on my tv unit as i return to forza 4 for its online play, to me horizon has lost some of the realism. Don't get me wrong it's a very good game and i spent hours exploring the map offline but after accumulating a few cars i went onlineThe offline play is awesome and i like the open expanse that you get to explore but online play is a different matter. This game will probably gather dust on my tv unit as i return to forza 4 for its online play, to me horizon has lost some of the realism. Don't get me wrong it's a very good game and i spent hours exploring the map offline but after accumulating a few cars i went online and the play is not as good as forza 4. Also what happened to tuning? It seems that you can upgrade cars but once upgraded that's it, there's no option for tuning to get the edge over others... Expand
  76. Oct 26, 2012
    Forza is getting real
    Forza Motorsport is about cars, racing and is serious
    This, is about cars, musics, driver and fun! If you want a game that you can spend a long time on and have fun. This is the deal. One thing to point out is that, I hate people judging the game on rather if there are DLC or not. At last, I will give this game a solid 10. I now have to get some rest after
    Forza is getting real
    Forza Motorsport is about cars, racing and is serious
    This, is about cars, musics, driver and fun!
    If you want a game that you can spend a long time on and have fun.
    This is the deal.
    At last, I will give this game a solid 10.
    I now have to get some rest after playing this non-stop for five hours...
  77. Oct 25, 2012
    Even if this game was only Forza Motorsport set on the open road, this would have been a success. The game is much more than that. It is a fun experience in its own right and a welcome first entry into what hopefully becomes a new franchise.
  78. Oct 24, 2012
    I am not the biggest driving game guy, I have a car, it's fast, I'm good. But Horizon brings fun back to the genre like Burnout Paradise before it. We see a similar layout and gameplay as Forza 4, but the open world and character driven storyline help make this stand out amongst other driving games. A fun time and good game all in all,It doesn't seem to be as good looking as 4, however theI am not the biggest driving game guy, I have a car, it's fast, I'm good. But Horizon brings fun back to the genre like Burnout Paradise before it. We see a similar layout and gameplay as Forza 4, but the open world and character driven storyline help make this stand out amongst other driving games. A fun time and good game all in all,It doesn't seem to be as good looking as 4, however the new arcade style makes up for it in play. Hear my full review on the show, http://liquidgamer.podbean.com Expand
  79. Oct 24, 2012
    Feels a bit like need for speed, but this game is overall still a good effort by microsoft to keep their exclusive franchises going on. This is another good game to add to my racing collection. Still not better than FM:4.
  80. Oct 23, 2012
    I have stopped playing Forza since part 2 since I wasn't a fan of so racers, but this game is awesome!!! I have been waiting for a racing game to top midnight club "
    Los Angelas and this is the game to do it. Great graphics fun races and the cars they chose are top notch. I played some multoplay and it is your normal racing mp with some extra fu. Things added to it. If you are looking for a racing game with upgrades and none of the crazy car settings then this is your game
  81. Oct 23, 2012
    Forza Horizon is def worth buying! The graphics are amazing the cars are so life like and the gameplay is truely realistic and fun! This is one of the best racing games ive played, and ive played mostly all of them. The controls are very easy to learn, and did I say the graphics are amazing you will be blown away I just cant say it enough it's something you have to see to believe howForza Horizon is def worth buying! The graphics are amazing the cars are so life like and the gameplay is truely realistic and fun! This is one of the best racing games ive played, and ive played mostly all of them. The controls are very easy to learn, and did I say the graphics are amazing you will be blown away I just cant say it enough it's something you have to see to believe how amazing they are. There are also the online modes. Rivals mode lets you win extra bounty by beating the ghosts of friends and other players and should be familiar to those of you who Expand
  82. Oct 23, 2012
    Only an hour or so into this and I'm glad that Turn 10 decided to spice things up a little with an open plan environment. The game physics are very similar to Forza's usual recipe, however, it does retain a sense of arcade style that is evident when taking corners fast and putting your foot down on the gas. The graphics are quite nice whilst the vehicles are moving, however, whilst in aOnly an hour or so into this and I'm glad that Turn 10 decided to spice things up a little with an open plan environment. The game physics are very similar to Forza's usual recipe, however, it does retain a sense of arcade style that is evident when taking corners fast and putting your foot down on the gas. The graphics are quite nice whilst the vehicles are moving, however, whilst in a stand still position, certain areas of the scenery appear slightly jagged. Certain car designs are still not spot on and the rim variety has not changed either (straight import from FM4). It would have also been nice if Turn 10 had added greater depth to certain areas of vehicle modification (e.g. adjusting the offset - wheels sit flush/or slightly out of the guards) considering this is based on street shows/events. Overall, a great game for car fanatics. If you like NFS/arcade style games, let me tell you one thing - this game does it a whole lot better with the addition of precise in game physics. Expand
  83. Dec 25, 2012

1. Feb 28, 2013
    Forza Horizon is not simply a great racing game; it’s a great game in general. From the handling to the visuals and sound, from the tweaking to the reward system, Horizon has everything it needs to be an enjoyable time. It may lack the challenge and depth that fans of the core Forza series know and love but if you’ve admired the Forza Motorsport games from a distance (like me) then do yourself a favor and play this amazing game.
    Valiant and almost flawless effort to bring more arcade elements into the serious Forza games offers more than any other competition. [Dec 2012]
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Like a real party Forza Horizon can entertain you for hours. The game offers variation in both the singleplayer and multiplayer modes and looks fantastic. The soundtrack just completes it. Despite a few flaws the franchise took a turn that proves to be good for newcomers, but also great for the fanbase. You can't miss out on this party.