8.3

1. Aug 21, 2010
    This game is very awsome!The only thing that bothers me is that they seem to have made this in a hurry.It's like a very shiny version of forza 1.They have added additions and things but with such a great game like Forza 1 they didn't have to come out with this so fast just to show there idea's and the 360 power.Gran turismo takes around 5 years in between making there games because they make a great product that will last that long even though there games are very boring.Forza company is a million times better but they don't have to rush and make a game every 2 years.To me 5 is to long also,I would say every 3-4 years because Forza is something special and it has replay value beyond that and it doesn't get boring.But I have to knock a point off because of that.Forza 3 is amazing and all but a perfect game.The original Forza was all but a perfect game in 2005, but for Forza 2 I have to give it a 9. Expand
  2. Oct 29, 2012
    The best driving game available on the Xbox 360, but with enough flaws to show that there
  3. Aug 13, 2010
    This is a good game, but it's tricky. The cars can be difficult to handle which can lead to some very annoying moments!!!! But it is good, the graphics are great, it's fun to customise your car (and to smash it up!!), and it does come reccomended.
  4. Nov 27, 2012
    This was the first racing game I have ever played - and was it a treat!! Hours of my life were killed playing this game - and I don't regret it for even a second. I've tried other racing games since I first played this one - and none compare to this one (at least on the Xbox 360). You have to invest some serious time into this game (and tuning the car properly has a serious learning curve) - but the overall experience is just pure joy. One of the best 360 games EVER!! Expand
  5. Apr 24, 2011
    Forza Motorsport 2 is a great simulation racer; there are loads of cars and lots of tracks, with in depth customisation and almost too many events in which to race, you will spend many, many hours trying to complete and perfect each one. 3/5.
  6. Jan 11, 2011
    I bought this game way after its release whenever it was because it was cheep and I just bought a 360. I almost knew that i would be dissapointed but I booted it up and I found a very good game. The car selection was good. They have all the good racing cars and even some just regulaur cars like a 2004 punch buggy the courses are good but the first levels of races are all one one track that keeps switchiing it up a bit but the enviroments start to ger bland. The racing is very hard and the diffuculty is good the car cusitmation is good and it is my favorite place to spend my time. Buy this game it is on of mty forite games. Expand
  7. Nov 3, 2010
    Very underrated, and very cheap. I loved this game back in the day. It has really good visuals and a awesome customize car set up. I really did enjoy this forza game this is definitely one of my favorite racing game. The only thing wrong is that you cant drift as good as forza 3. But I like this game better than the 3rd one. It just has something really awesome about it. Must Buy. I would rate this as a 9.2. Expand
  8. Nov 25, 2010
    This game is pretty good. It's addictive and there are a lot of cars. The multiplayer was interesting too, though most of the time it boiled down to drag races on the tracks that could support it. What really brought it down for me was the graphics, which are downright bland AND have horrible (I mean awful) aliasing problems. Thankfully FM3 came out and corrected all of the weird problems I mentioned here. Expand
  9. Nov 27, 2010
    After playing GT5 reciently, I came to the conclusion that Forza 3 has become the one to beat. The people at Turn 10 do everything better, its like they had GT5 on a dart board in their offices. I have to say, that at first I took this game for granted, but after playing every other car sim on the market, this is the one to own. If you like realistic physics, car models, and sounds, this is a must own!!!! Expand
  10. Mar 18, 2011
    This was my favorite racing sim before FM3 came out. Lacking single players, but multiplayer and customization were king. This game was better than any GT before GT5.
  11. Feb 25, 2013
    Continuing on from the very impressive debut of Forza on the original Xbox, this iteration is a solid sequel on the new console, albeit not being revolutionary as the first one. The game mechanics is once again excellent and is backed up by a large pool of cars. Graphics are good but not as spectacular as some of the others, such as PGR3. Thankfully, it isn't going to detract you from the actual racing experience that much so it isn't that big of a problem. There are three different modes: Career, Exhibition and Multiplayer. Exhibition is a selection of time trials and quick races, in which you can unlock cars for multiplayer and quick races (unfortunately not for career races). Multiplayer not only includes the usual 8-player races (both online and split-screen), but also a Auction House for you to trade cars with other players online. This is a very welcome addition as some user-created paint jobs are simply awesome. These cars can be used for any game mode, and thus is pretty useful for obtaining high-end cars which you may not have unlocked yet in career mode.

As expected, Career Mode forms the main bulk of the game, with 90 events and more than 300 races. These are separated into 9 tiers and gives you a good sense of progression throughout the game. You start with lowly D-Class cars before slowly working up the ladder with some truly awesome R1 prototype race cars. However, the spectacular game mechanics and wide range of cars are not quite backed up the limited variety of tracks. There are only around 15 different race locations (excluding reverses and variations) and unfortunately, as you progress through the game, this can get quite repetitive and tiring, and can be a bit of a grind from there onwards. I find myself having to switch between different events simultaneously to keep my interest going.

Overall, this is a very worthy addition for every racing gamer out there. Actual racing is brilliant, selection of cars is fantastic, graphics are solid, but limited number of tracks lowers the fun factor a little bit. I would give it a 9 for its actual gameplay, but its slight repetitiveness makes it an overall 8 for me.
  12. Jun 8, 2011
    All right, Forza Motorsport 2 is the best Forza Motorsport game so far. Forza Motorsport 3 doesn't stack up to Forza 2, the only problem is that you have to do the same tracks over and over, and it gets boring. But other than that, this still gets a 9 out of 10.
  13. Dec 7, 2011
    It's got to be a THE benchmark for any non-arcadish racing game. For 2007, this game was all you could ever want from a racing game. Realistic, endless customisation and not over-saturated number of events like in Forza 3. Multiplayer is good too. What does suck is the highly outdated graphics. The graphics for the cars are more like 2004 than 2007. When I first played this game I simply could not believe the amount of conetent. Precision tuning and easy-to-understand painting. There's no piece of art that can't be recreated on Forza 2. You can literally make any design with ease. The tuning includes explanations and you can save set-ups. The auction house allows you to buy and sell cars. The multiplayer lets you choose everything- especially the restrictions, such as the power limit, wight limit, car class, tuning setup, upgrades etc. Although the only thing in the career is just circuits with different cars, the arcade mode has pre-set challenges. You are given the car, the track and time to beat. With a wide variety of cars- everything from Rabbit GTi and Toyota 2000GT to the Hennessey Dodge Viper and Chrysler ME Four-Twelve. The tracks are impressive too. The only issue is that the cars are often just the same car copied and pasted but with different sponsor logos. Other than that, they all feel different to drive. The difficulty is wide-ranging too. Having never played a simulator or a console racing game before this, I was able to jump on and pick up playing with no assists. So it's user-friendly and you do get rewarded with more XP and money for playing on a harder difficulty. This game does everything well, and even if there's something you don't like, the complete package as a whole is almost perfect for its time of release. Expand
  14. Jan 5, 2014
    Review on the single player:

PRESENTATION:
    - Graphics are good even today. The cars are authentic and detailed, you can tell it's a high quality production. The environment and maps are realistic yet a bit boring, especially after seeing the same scenery over and over. Also note that car decals look grubby. Still a good looking game.
    - The music is good electronic music in the menu's,
    but apart from that there aren't any good memorable original Forza songs. Sound effects of the cars are pretty realistic but nothing to write home about.

GAMEPLAY:
    - There is no story, expected from a racer, but the game feels very dead. There's no one talking to you, it's just select a race and drive, nothing else.
    - Driving feels authentic and realistic and still maintains to be fun and addictive. It has loads of cars with tons of authentic customisation options. Being a realistic racer though, it comes with some pacing issues. It starts off slow with bad cars. Once you get the hang of it you'll start unlocking good cars and the game really starts to pick up. Once you get into the Race class (after the supercars) though the game is tedious: a single cup will take you about 60 mins because you're doing about 8 laps per race. The first two laps are always fun but after that it's 95% of the time already determined if you're going to win or lose. The game gives you the options to make it as hard or as easy as you want it to be, but since you don't want to spend 15 mins to do one race over again you want to start a race knowing you can win. Finding a good balance is hard and the game leaves it up to you to find it.

VERDICT:
    It's great as a realistic racer, but as a game gets a bit tedious after a while
    + tons of real cars with authentic customisation
    + fun and realistic driving mechanics
    - it feels a bit dead with the same scenery over and over and little overall variation
    - it gets very tedious further in the game as you're spending so much time doing one race

7.4/10
  15. Feb 8, 2013
    God, racing simulators are boring. If I wanted to drive a car, then I'd drive a car. I don't play games to experience simulations of reality. I'd go outside if I wanted that.
  16. Jan 18, 2014
    I have spent a stupid number of hours playing this game, which says it all for it's gameplay and graphics, the amount of cars is massive and the game only misses out on a 10 by not having enough tracks but saying that there were enough to entertain me for years and I only picked up Forza 3 recently because it was £3. What more can be said it's a racing/driving simulator and it works better than others on the market. Expand
  17. May 29, 2014
    Graphics: 8.5 Sound: 8.5 Gameplay: 8.0 Fun/Story: 8.5

A good and solid game but not as good as some reviews said. Graphics are a little clear, good but not much detailed.

1. The rather functional-at-best visuals aside, Forza 2 excels in a way no other racing game has managed this generation. If losing yourself in a vast world of excellent handling and top notch realistic racing is something you crave from videogame racing (and admittedly, this sort of thing isn’t to everyone’s taste), ensure you get hold of Forza 2 as soon as you can - it’ll keep you occupied for months.
  2. Dangerously addictive and loads of fun, Forza Motorsport 2 has what it takes under the hood to satisfy both car junkies and general gamers alike.
  3. Forza 2 delivers on nearly every aspect you'd want in a Forza sequel. It drives incredibly, it's wonderfully presented, and it's rich with modes and features.