• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Jul 12, 2006
5.0

1. SeanS.
    Jul 14, 2006
    Poorly implemented 'pocket money' version of the original with no apparent effort to update it for 2006. Unacceptable that a game that involves moving up/down/left/right has online lag and unresponsive D-Pad controls. Advertised feature of offline co-op/mp doesn't seem to actually be in the game (may be wrong, but I've not found it) and glitches with unlocking Poorly implemented 'pocket money' version of the original with no apparent effort to update it for 2006. Unacceptable that a game that involves moving up/down/left/right has online lag and unresponsive D-Pad controls. Advertised feature of offline co-op/mp doesn't seem to actually be in the game (may be wrong, but I've not found it) and glitches with unlocking achievements. Screen has to be manually stretched across widescreen tv's otherwise you can't see it properly, then resized again to make the mp fit onto the screen. 3/10 score purely because of Frogger's 'classic' status and the price. If I was MS, wouldn't want too many people seeing this as an example of what the Arcade has to offer. If it was offered as part of a retro bundle may have got away with it but as the first arcade title for a couple of months not very impressed - the only noticeable hi-def graphics I've seen in this game are the gamerpic. It's cheap and it's Frogger, but personally I'd prefer to give my 400pts to charity. Expand
  2. MatC.
    Jul 24, 2006
    Buggy, clumsy, and frustrating. You can even jump backwards first, cover up your time, and then get around to playing. Some achievements also are not triggered properly. Play the demo. After that, replay the demo. Save the $5 on this one.

1. Getting to levels four and five, reaching 30,000 points in a co-op game and managing to deliver 15 frogs to the other side of the river on one life are tricky tasks that'll keep you going for a bit, but otherwise Frogger will probably take you less than an evening to exhaust.
  2. For a small outlay of MS points, Frogger captures that old school feel that will bring many a gamer back to the quarter stacking days. The controls are tight, the updated graphics are snazzy, and the online options are pretty nifty.
    Digital Eclipse did a perfunctory job with Frogger. All of the little additions make it a nice, friendly arcade game for the casual gamer, or conversely for the obsessed hardcore, old-school perfectionist.