Fuse Xbox 360

5.5

1. Jun 19, 2013
    It was a decent game but it was very repetitive but it was ok. I think this would be a sleeper hit because not many copys where bought when it first came out only 2 people besides me bought it at my gamestop.
  2. Jun 23, 2013
    Not the worst game I have ever played, but not the best either. There is a lot of blandness to Fuse, in terms of gameplay & level design. Which is a pity cause I really want to like this game. Fuse really shines though when you have friends to play co-op w/. Sadly I live in my mother's basement so I don't have any friends...
  3. May 31, 2013
    Fuse, while not incredibly diverse, is a really solid game and genuinely enjoyable to play. Bring a friend to the party, it's the best way to play. Fuse is definitely a generic shooter, environments are pretty, but not anything we haven't seen before. The guns make the game fun. Leave it to Insomniac to put some damn cool weapons in a game, and the way you kill enemies can have stints ofFuse, while not incredibly diverse, is a really solid game and genuinely enjoyable to play. Bring a friend to the party, it's the best way to play. Fuse is definitely a generic shooter, environments are pretty, but not anything we haven't seen before. The guns make the game fun. Leave it to Insomniac to put some damn cool weapons in a game, and the way you kill enemies can have stints of variety. Fuse is like a mash up of Syndicate, Gears of War, and a touch of Bulletstorm. It's silly, barely coherent, and nothing innovative. But at the end of the day it's a damn fun game to play, and the action spans every angle, that makes for a solid rent and a good buy for any action/shooter fan. Expand
  4. Jun 5, 2013
    This game looked pretty good in the E3, as Overstrike. Over the top melee brawling, colourfull artstyle set in a dystopian future. But now with its focus group let design, it seems like everything has gone generic. The art style is now mostly greys, browns (the graphics are so lacking they should have stayed with colourful artstyle they had before, atleast then it would half way decent!),This game looked pretty good in the E3, as Overstrike. Over the top melee brawling, colourfull artstyle set in a dystopian future. But now with its focus group let design, it seems like everything has gone generic. The art style is now mostly greys, browns (the graphics are so lacking they should have stayed with colourful artstyle they had before, atleast then it would half way decent!), the lack of enemies, the easy bosses with the gian fuel drums we gotta aim for, the storyline feels like a handful of papers fell out somewhere in the middle, like how a small group of 4 characters are reasonably well developed while others are paper thin. The gameplay feels nothing like the edgy design we saw at E3, we have some unique weapons but the game can't hang on this alone. It needs the heart and the backbone to succeed. This feels like a small raw slab of meat, without any of the spices/garnishes, entre and desert that a game should be! This is not a main course, not anything you would pay full price for. Its a rather disappointing start to a new IP that looked so promising! All those people who probably said they wanted the game to look like call of duty, are guess what.. not playing this and instead sticking with call of duty. What a surprise. Collapse
  5. Jun 1, 2013
    Fuse is like an action movie. You get explosions, more explosions, and even more explosions, insane cutscenes, and lots of gun fire!

From a far, FUSE is not a game built for single player and at times can be extremely difficult to play by yourself. It however, is one of the best co-op games this year to come out. Cohesively working together with three other teammates can make FUSE a really fun co-op game with you and your buddies. That aside, it lacks substance and is all glitter and galor.

It's a spectacle of a game with a sub-par storyline, and is extremely repetitive at times. Kill a wave of enemies here, walk down a corridor, and encounter two waves but this time with special enemies that are extremely hard. This is what FUSE is. Repetitive tasks and gameplay.

Flaws aside, the gameplay plays well, and the third person shooting works well with co-op. It just lacks polish and a breadth of depth with the storyline....
  6. Jun 25, 2013
    I honestly disegread with Insomniac changed his line to EA than Sony. It's just a waste of time because i'm only like Resistance. It's just like Gears of Wars and a total BS!
  7. Sep 21, 2013
    FUSE to kolejna gra której potencjał nie został wykorzystany. W grę gra się momentami naprawdę przyjemnie, nie mówiąc już o split screenie czy ogólnie coopie w 4 osoby. W przeciwieństwie do wielu ukazujących się teraz gier TPP nie jest kopią Gears Of War. W grze przewijamy się przez różniste budynki, jungle, tereny zimowe itp. Aczkolwiek gra wreszcie zaczyna nudzić. I to strasznie. TwórcyFUSE to kolejna gra której potencjał nie został wykorzystany. W grę gra się momentami naprawdę przyjemnie, nie mówiąc już o split screenie czy ogólnie coopie w 4 osoby. W przeciwieństwie do wielu ukazujących się teraz gier TPP nie jest kopią Gears Of War. W grze przewijamy się przez różniste budynki, jungle, tereny zimowe itp. Aczkolwiek gra wreszcie zaczyna nudzić. I to strasznie. Twórcy po połowie gry nie mają czym zaskoczyć. Cały czas dzieje się to samo. Sam Fuse ogólnie nie ma dużo fajnych elementów. Co prawda każda postać ma swoje skille, wyjątkowe bronie ale to chyba po prostu za mało. Do tego dochodzi fabuła, która miała potencjał ale oczywiście, nie został wykorzystany, Moja ocena 6/10 Expand
  8. Jun 18, 2014
    A friend and I bought this game together and played it co-op, so I didn't get a chance to play the campaign single player. Don't think I'd want to.

You work as a team of 4 - something that I realise is becoming a very generic amount - to stop the bad guys from using a chemical named 'FUSE' to destroy some sh*t. To be honest, I've already forgotten the story a couple days after completing the campaign, it just isn't compelling.

You start of with the team discovering four alien 'Xenotech' weapons, each one pre-designated to each of the four members of the team. The leader, Dalton, receives the 'Magshield' that produces a plasma shield and has the ability to create a burst of power to completely obliterate nearby enemies. Cool. Jacob, the other male in the group, gets a 'Arcshot' which shoots sort of like a crossbow, but when the arrow hits the target, you have the option to burn him to death. Cool. Isabelle, a female member of the group, receives the 'Shattergun' which 'freezes' the enemy with enough shots and then you or any other team mate can just shatter them to pieces. Cool. And finally, the other female member of the group (and my personal favorite), Naya. She gets the 'Warp Rifle' which creates a sort of black hole out of a person you just killed which then collapses and creates a slight explosion to knock out enemies that were close to him. You can also create a chain of "black holes" by linking enemies that you kill making it fairly easy to kill a large group of enemies standing close to one another. Cool. Only drawback is, that the 'Warp Rifle' overheats pretty quickly, which is fair otherwise she'd be virtually unstoppable.

As you progress, you pick up skill points with which you can improve your stats and learn new abilities, which really adds to the excitement of the game. Although, we didn't seem to use the extra abilities all that much, but maybe that was just us. But once you learn to use your character well, it becomes really easy and a lot of fun to kill massive hordes of enemies. And, on the off chance that you get bored of your character, you can switch to any other member of the team. I feel that the game should have done a little more to make you have to switch player and perform tasks according to the ability of each character - I didn't feel as if switching character was a necessity, just a thing you could do if it got a little monotonous for you. And it does get pretty monotonous at times.

Complete a wave of enemies, go forward a couple of room, complete another wave of enemies, pick up some ammo, complete another wave of enemies, chapter complete. Some of the chapters were a little dull and repetitive but the enjoyment of using your character's gun really offsets that, so you don't feel it all the much, it's fun. Then there are the parts in some chapters that seemed as if the difficulty just cranked to overload. It was extremely difficult, and the members of the team that are not played by you and/or your friend are just plain stupid. The don't get in cover when they're supposed to, the barely shoot the main target and a couple of other things, but those didn't annoy me as much. It really takes the fun out of the game when one of the characters is downed so many times, you have to keep dropping whatever you're shooting to go and revive him (Jacob, I'm looking at you!).

There are other guns apart from the Xenotech weapons, but really not that many. If I recall correctly, there's one shotgun, one sniper, one or two assault rifles and two handguns. But again, you barely get the chance or even want to use those weapons - the xenotech weapons are just too much fun to use. The others are basically for times where you run out of xenotech ammo.

Despite the repetitiveness, the dull story and the poor choice of weaponry. The Xenotech weapons really do a lot of offset all of that, and make the game worth a play, especially with a friend - I don't think this would be nearly as much fun playing the game alone. There is definitely a lot of room for improvement, but I'd definitely recommend it for anyone looking to play a fun all-out shooter with a friend.

STORY: 5/10

GAMEPLAY: 8/10

MUSIC: 7/10

OVERALL: 6.6/10 (round up to 7)
  9. Jun 5, 2013

1. Sep 16, 2013
    Fuse is fun to play with friends, but if you are expecting a revolutionary single-player-campaign, you are going to be disappointed.
  2. Jul 21, 2013
    A decent game, but it lacks the depth to be anything more than a time filler. [Aug 2013, p.70]
    Genuinely funny. [Issue#99, p.70]