5.5

1. May 28, 2013
    Very good game, especially in co-op. Must have for Gears of War: Judgment fans. If you liked story and weapons in games like Ratchet and clank or Resistance you should definitely pick it up.
  2. May 28, 2013
    A fun action game in a dumb sort of way, kind of similar to how a dumb action movie can be fun. Its a chaotic, sometimes intense, with plenty of cheese filled dialog action thrill ride. Best played in split-screen with a mate and a beer.
  3. May 28, 2013
    This "Game" is generic as all hell. There is nothing special about it what so ever, and it brings nothing new to the table. If any of you remember on the original Xbox, there was this disappointing game by the name of Brute Force. Fuse is basically a next gen rehash of that game. The characters even match up, with one girl Izzy (Flint) being good with snipers, the other girl Naya (Hawk)having the cloak ability, and The generic gun slinging muscle head.Not only did this game borrow a formula from a game that failed, it also looks like something that should have been made in 2006 as an Xbox 360 launch title, and that's being generous.The graphics are so bland and outdated that it's not even worth mentioning to be honest, and each level is EXACTLY the same, with minor variations.You scale a cliff, You touch down and stealthy kill a few guards until you are spotted, you open a door or gate that requires two people, you fight a tediously long Robot boss battle, and flee the scene. The characters are forgettable and uninteresting, and the story is very boring and tiresome. The only good thing about this game is the split screen co-op but that's pretty much it, if you play alone, the team A.I is as dumb as a box rocks, and you constantly have to baby sit them. Give it 2-3 weeks and the price will surely drop down, or rent it and play with some friends, or just don't waste your time at all. Generic to the T is what this game strives to be Expand
  4. May 29, 2013
    Great graphics-Addicting gameplay.-Great co op experience-Challenging-Partner AI is not terrible not great but not terrible-Decent story nothing to write home about-Fun even playing single player but co op is recommended You need to get this game if- 1. You love co op games 2. You love shooters 3. You enjoy replaying games 4. You like challenging games Stay away from this game if-
    1. You do not like shooters

fun gameplay

awesome weapons

fun engaging co-op

funny gunplay

fuse grenades is fun to play around with

just awesome
  6. Jun 19, 2013
    It was a decent game but it was very repetitive but it was ok. I think this would be a sleeper hit because not many copys where bought when it first came out only 2 people besides me bought it at my gamestop.
  7. May 29, 2013
    ITS awsome Really good gameplay

fun character dialogs

its amazing

COOL WEAPONS

good ai

its really fun
  8. May 29, 2013
    Apparently we live in an age were creating a chain reaction of singularities that suck soldiers in is considered "generic". Not to mention crystallizing and shattering enemies or repelling bullets with a shield. I don't know about you, but pulling these things off and seeing in action makes me giddy every time I see these events and others happen. I don't recall any generic shooters where you do any of these things, let alone have some witty dialogue and some Tomb Raider-esque climbing sections. The story isn't anything award winning, but it does have it's twists and manages to be at least a bit interesting. Since this is an Insomniac game, I was playing it more for the gameplay and weapons, both of which are done very well. With the aforementioned abilities as well as cloaking, healing beacons and a crossbow that incinerates and pins enemies to walls. The co-op in this makes it one of the funnest co-op games I've played. Aside from the campaign, there's a Horde-like mode, where you fight waves of enemies while simultaneously completing an objective. Nothing fancy, but it is pretty fun and gives you more to do.

The few gripes I do have with the game is the ally AI, which can either be just as helpful as having a friend play or be frustratingly stupid. Sometimes Dalton will provide ample cover for you in a firefight, other times he'll run ahead of everyone with his shield and trigger enemies for everyone else to deal with. More minor complaints include a very forgettable soundtrack with only a song or two standing out in a play sessions and the main menu being the blandest thing. Going through some of the more negative reviews, they mostly seem to be just EA haters or pissed Sony fans that hate that Insomniac is making a game for other systems. All I know is that I don't get all the "generic" complaints. If you actually play the game and level your abilities, or even better yet, play with a friend or two... or even three, it's really a pretty fun game. Personally I've gone through the game with just one other friend and we were having a blast throughout and really didn't see this 'generic'-ness everyone was ranting about.
  9. May 31, 2013
    Fuse, while not incredibly diverse, is a really solid game and genuinely enjoyable to play. Bring a friend to the party, it's the best way to play. Fuse is definitely a generic shooter, environments are pretty, but not anything we haven't seen before. The guns make the game fun. Leave it to Insomniac to put some damn cool weapons in a game, and the way you kill enemies can have stints of variety. Fuse is like a mash up of Syndicate, Gears of War, and a touch of Bulletstorm. It's silly, barely coherent, and nothing innovative. But at the end of the day it's a damn fun game to play, and the action spans every angle, that makes for a solid rent and a good buy for any action/shooter fan. Expand
  10. Jun 5, 2013
    This game looked pretty good in the E3, as Overstrike. Over the top melee brawling, colourfull artstyle set in a dystopian future. But now with its focus group let design, it seems like everything has gone generic. The art style is now mostly greys, browns (the graphics are so lacking they should have stayed with colourful artstyle they had before, atleast then it would half way decent!), the lack of enemies, the easy bosses with the gian fuel drums we gotta aim for, the storyline feels like a handful of papers fell out somewhere in the middle, like how a small group of 4 characters are reasonably well developed while others are paper thin. The gameplay feels nothing like the edgy design we saw at E3, we have some unique weapons but the game can't hang on this alone. It needs the heart and the backbone to succeed. This feels like a small raw slab of meat, without any of the spices/garnishes, entre and desert that a game should be! This is not a main course, not anything you would pay full price for. Its a rather disappointing start to a new IP that looked so promising! All those people who probably said they wanted the game to look like call of duty, are guess what.. not playing this and instead sticking with call of duty. What a surprise. Collapse
  11. May 28, 2013
    I am amazed at how many people on here are posting about how terrible this game is based solely on the demo and what other people have been saying. I have been stoked for this game since it was Overstrike and I was stoked to get my copy today. I have not gotten into echelon yet, but the campaign is a blast. It is not the best game ever made but it is quite fun and I have had no real issues with AI whatsoever so far through the campaign. I'll admit that there were some issues with the demo, but I have just not seen them since buying the game.
    For those people saying this game is unoriginal also confuse me. I cannot remember a game where I had a flaming crossbow, Energy shield that could launch ammo back at enemies, a gun that turns them into crystalized spikes that my friends could then blow up and cause more damage, and of course my favorite...a gun that creates blackholes to destroy hordes of enemies. The guns are fantastic and fun to wield. Also, how about being able to switch between the 4 characters? It's great! Yes, it is way better with friends, but if you're playing alone, this is a great advantage! The game looks beautiful and plays very smooth! Very happy to have this one and looking forward to more Insomniac on the Xbox 360!
  12. Jun 23, 2013
    Not the worst game I have ever played, but not the best either. There is a lot of blandness to Fuse, in terms of gameplay & level design. Which is a pity cause I really want to like this game. Fuse really shines though when you have friends to play co-op w/. Sadly I live in my mother's basement so I don't have any friends...
  13. May 31, 2013
    FUSE is a high-action story driven co-operative shooter. If you're a fan of Battlefield or Mass Effect, you'll love this. It has 4 very interesting characters with unique personalities and unique weapons at each of their disposals. One of the best games of 2013, in my opinion.
  14. Aug 20, 2013
    A tons-of-fun shooter. Game has only 4 Fuse weapons in the game but they are awesome with excellent shooting graphics to accentuate their firepower. Story is not as bad as others would have you think. Smoothest, best cover system ever you can run duck, roll, and slide, into cover with ease, or vault right over it too. Playing solo is the only way to jump between all 4 characters so it has it's own merit, and your AI teammates cover you, come to heal you, and kill enemy as well or better than I've seen in other games. Only 7 chapters but they are long chapters. Fun to re-play them too. My main 2 complaints are 1) you can't skip cut-scenes when you come back to re-play chapters, and 2) the final boss fight is nearly impossible to win in solo play. I was only able to beat final boss/chapter in co-op and that was on like the 7th or 8th attempt! Expand
  15. May 29, 2013
    I'm flabbergasted at the bad reviews form "professional" gamingboutlets like IGN and Joystiq: it's almost as if they didn't even play it much.

FUSE isn't for everyone, but it IS a fun game at heart and has a FANTASTIC cover system that lets you control everything from jumping gaps from wall to wall mobile cover to moving on adjoining cover to avoid fire.

Insomniac wanted to try
    something new and original, and they created a fluidly dynamic tactical shooter that's both unique and engaging--but the sad fact is that a lot of gamers trust the seemingly biased opinions of popular reviewers and will probably end up missing out on this gem.

It's not on par with something like CoD or Halo, but it certainly deserves a try--especially if you love awesome gunplay with plenty of tactical combos and frenetic TPS action.

In co-op standards, the game is fantastic and truly won't disappoint offering a distinctly original experience that pushes a new evolution of tactical TPS/RPG shooters.

Definitely try it out via the demo and check out the trailers to see if it's right for you, or maybe just rent it via GameFly or Redbox for $2.

Check out this review to see why FUSE is worth your time
  16. Jun 1, 2013
    Fuse is like an action movie. You get explosions, more explosions, and even more explosions, insane cutscenes, and lots of gun fire!

From a far, FUSE is not a game built for single player and at times can be extremely difficult to play by yourself. It however, is one of the best co-op games this year to come out. Cohesively working together with three other teammates can make FUSE a
    really fun co-op game with you and your buddies. That aside, it lacks substance and is all glitter and galor.

It's a spectacle of a game with a sub-par storyline, and is extremely repetitive at times. Kill a wave of enemies here, walk down a corridor, and encounter two waves but this time with special enemies that are extremely hard. This is what FUSE is. Repetitive tasks and gameplay.

Flaws aside, the gameplay plays well, and the third person shooting works well with co-op. It just lacks polish and a breadth of depth with the storyline....
  17. Jun 2, 2013
    i don't know where all the hate comes from but this game is awesome and chaotic. I've always liked insomniac games though i think ratchet and clank has exahusted all its energy as a franchise imo. Fuse has some of the best co op and cover and reminds me alot of gears of war. The graphics are nice and sharp and the gameplay is fun and chaotic. Echelon mode which is basically a horde like survival mode is worth the price of admission alone sense i love survival modes. the characters are also unique and varied each possessing a diffrent fuse powered weapon. Izzy's shattergun and Naya's warp rifle are by far the best but Jacob's crossbow and Dalton's magshield are also unique and awesome in there own right. i recommend it to anyone who loves co op shooters with awesome weapons. it may not be anything brand new or special but it's still a well crafted game that can be really fun to play with friends. Expand
  18. May 31, 2013
    It's not perfect, and it could certainly stand to be longer, but Fuse has enough new ideas to keep seasoned shooter fans interested in seeing everything it has to offer.
  19. May 30, 2013
    Pros:Cool story,Great cinematics,Cool characters,Cool great gameplay Cons:Graphics a bit outdated,no pro logic II support for PS3 version.Thisis nucg better than Resistance series. especially Failed Resistance3.
  20. Jun 23, 2013
    Say hello to Fuse, or what once was "Over Strike 9", by developer Insomniac Games. Fuse is 3rd-person action/shooter that can be played singularly or with up 3 additional players. You control a squad of mercenaries out to thwart the evil doings of Raven, a villainous weapons dealer and militant force, who are trying to sell weapons of mass destruction made from an alien power source called "Fuse".

In comes your squad "Over Strike 9, who on a routine mission-gone-wrong stumble across some fuse enhanced weaponry and from there all hell breaks loose. You'll see team members Dalton, Naya, Izzy and Jacob jet all over the globe, from a secret Raven base located on a tropical island to the snowy mountain-tops where you battle it out hanging from cargo lifts thousands of feet-up.

Read the full review at www.GameFan365.com
  21. Jun 25, 2013
    I honestly disegread with Insomniac changed his line to EA than Sony. It's just a waste of time because i'm only like Resistance. It's just like Gears of Wars and a total BS!
  22. May 28, 2013
    Fuse demo made really sad about this studio because how bad it was, janky animations, horrible gunplay and awful cover system with bland environments and really bad AI it was like playing a Rebellion game.

Insomniac was really bad this entire generation, a mere shell of their former self and dropped the quality control completely, but now and finally now people started to see this sad
    reality and realized that the studio is not what it used to be, first three Ratchet games were just tired rehashed with better graphics, way behind the original PS2 games in term of fun and new ideas. Expand
  23. Dec 13, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun with a nice variety of different powers to play with. Also the multiplayer is challenging and exciting. This game is definitely under-appreciated. It is sad that it didn't sell well and we will never get to enjoy a D.L.C or sequel.
  24. Sep 1, 2013
    I absolutely love this game. It would have been a 10, had the campaign been extended a bit more, a larger number of game modes had been made available, and the occasional connection problem didn't come into effect; But apart from that, you should definitely get this game, I consider it a MUST BUY.
  25. Jun 18, 2013
    In no way innovating whatsoever. If you want to play a game that was over hyped and had a better alpha known as "Overstrike" then this is your game. If you hate games with idiotic artificial intelligence and generic gameplay with no difference from anything you've played in the past ten years then by all means avoid at any costs.

26. Sep 21, 2013
    FUSE to kolejna gra której potencjał nie został wykorzystany. W grę gra się momentami naprawdę przyjemnie, nie mówiąc już o split screenie czy ogólnie coopie w 4 osoby. W przeciwieństwie do wielu ukazujących się teraz gier TPP nie jest kopią Gears Of War. W grze przewijamy się przez różniste budynki, jungle, tereny zimowe itp. Aczkolwiek gra wreszcie zaczyna nudzić. I to strasznie. Twórcy po połowie gry nie mają czym zaskoczyć. Cały czas dzieje się to samo. Sam Fuse ogólnie nie ma dużo fajnych elementów. Co prawda każda postać ma swoje skille, wyjątkowe bronie ale to chyba po prostu za mało. Do tego dochodzi fabuła, która miała potencjał ale oczywiście, nie został wykorzystany, Moja ocena 6/10 Expand
  27. Jan 16, 2014
    Fuse is full of action, but it's lacking. There's only five missions. Aside from the lack of missions, you fight robots, robots, and more robots set in futuristic Earth. On the bright side, the combat is stunning. Even though I enjoyed playing it, Fuse simply wasn't enough.
  28. Jun 5, 2013

1. Sep 16, 2013
    Fuse is fun to play with friends, but if you are expecting a revolutionary single-player-campaign, you are going to be disappointed.
  2. Jul 21, 2013
    A decent game, but it lacks the depth to be anything more than a time filler. [Aug 2013, p.70]
    Genuinely funny. [Issue#99, p.70]