5.5

1. May 28, 2013
    Very good game, especially in co-op. Must have for Gears of War: Judgment fans. If you liked story and weapons in games like Ratchet and clank or Resistance you should definitely pick it up.
  2. May 29, 2013
    combine skills is VERY fun

good controlls

fun gameplay

awesome weapons

fun engaging co-op

funny gunplay

fuse grenades is fun to play around with

just awesome

COOL WEAPONS

good ai

its really fun
  4. May 29, 2013
    Apparently we live in an age were creating a chain reaction of singularities that suck soldiers in is considered "generic". Not to mention crystallizing and shattering enemies or repelling bullets with a shield. I don't know about you, but pulling these things off and seeing in action makes me giddy every time I see these events and others happen. I don't recall any generic shooters whereApparently we live in an age were creating a chain reaction of singularities that suck soldiers in is considered "generic". Not to mention crystallizing and shattering enemies or repelling bullets with a shield. I don't know about you, but pulling these things off and seeing in action makes me giddy every time I see these events and others happen. I don't recall any generic shooters where you do any of these things, let alone have some witty dialogue and some Tomb Raider-esque climbing sections. The story isn't anything award winning, but it does have it's twists and manages to be at least a bit interesting. Since this is an Insomniac game, I was playing it more for the gameplay and weapons, both of which are done very well. With the aforementioned abilities as well as cloaking, healing beacons and a crossbow that incinerates and pins enemies to walls. The co-op in this makes it one of the funnest co-op games I've played. Aside from the campaign, there's a Horde-like mode, where you fight waves of enemies while simultaneously completing an objective. Nothing fancy, but it is pretty fun and gives you more to do.

The few gripes I do have with the game is the ally AI, which can either be just as helpful as having a friend play or be frustratingly stupid. Sometimes Dalton will provide ample cover for you in a firefight, other times he'll run ahead of everyone with his shield and trigger enemies for everyone else to deal with. More minor complaints include a very forgettable soundtrack with only a song or two standing out in a play sessions and the main menu being the blandest thing. Going through some of the more negative reviews, they mostly seem to be just EA haters or pissed Sony fans that hate that Insomniac is making a game for other systems. All I know is that I don't get all the "generic" complaints. If you actually play the game and level your abilities, or even better yet, play with a friend or two... or even three, it's really a pretty fun game. Personally I've gone through the game with just one other friend and we were having a blast throughout and really didn't see this 'generic'-ness everyone was ranting about.
  5. Aug 20, 2013
    A tons-of-fun shooter. Game has only 4 Fuse weapons in the game but they are awesome with excellent shooting graphics to accentuate their firepower. Story is not as bad as others would have you think. Smoothest, best cover system ever you can run duck, roll, and slide, into cover with ease, or vault right over it too. Playing solo is the only way to jump between all 4 characters so itA tons-of-fun shooter. Game has only 4 Fuse weapons in the game but they are awesome with excellent shooting graphics to accentuate their firepower. Story is not as bad as others would have you think. Smoothest, best cover system ever you can run duck, roll, and slide, into cover with ease, or vault right over it too. Playing solo is the only way to jump between all 4 characters so it has it's own merit, and your AI teammates cover you, come to heal you, and kill enemy as well or better than I've seen in other games. Only 7 chapters but they are long chapters. Fun to re-play them too. My main 2 complaints are 1) you can't skip cut-scenes when you come back to re-play chapters, and 2) the final boss fight is nearly impossible to win in solo play. I was only able to beat final boss/chapter in co-op and that was on like the 7th or 8th attempt! Expand
  6. May 31, 2013
    FUSE is a high-action story driven co-operative shooter. If you're a fan of Battlefield or Mass Effect, you'll love this. It has 4 very interesting characters with unique personalities and unique weapons at each of their disposals. One of the best games of 2013, in my opinion.
  7. May 29, 2013
    I'm flabbergasted at the bad reviews form "professional" gamingboutlets like IGN and Joystiq: it's almost as if they didn't even play it much.

FUSE isn't for everyone, but it IS a fun game at heart and has a FANTASTIC cover system that lets you control everything from jumping gaps from wall to wall mobile cover to moving on adjoining cover to avoid fire. Insomniac wanted to try

Insomniac wanted to try something new and original, and they created a fluidly dynamic tactical shooter that's both unique and engaging--but the sad fact is that a lot of gamers trust the seemingly biased opinions of popular reviewers and will probably end up missing out on this gem.

It's not on par with something like CoD or Halo, but it certainly deserves a try--especially if you love awesome gunplay with plenty of tactical combos and frenetic TPS action.

In co-op standards, the game is fantastic and truly won't disappoint offering a distinctly original experience that pushes a new evolution of tactical TPS/RPG shooters.

Definitely try it out via the demo and check out the trailers to see if it's right for you, or maybe just rent it via GameFly or Redbox for $2.

Check out this review to see why FUSE is worth your time
  8. Jun 2, 2013
    i don't know where all the hate comes from but this game is awesome and chaotic. I've always liked insomniac games though i think ratchet and clank has exahusted all its energy as a franchise imo. Fuse has some of the best co op and cover and reminds me alot of gears of war. The graphics are nice and sharp and the gameplay is fun and chaotic. Echelon mode which is basically a horde likei don't know where all the hate comes from but this game is awesome and chaotic. I've always liked insomniac games though i think ratchet and clank has exahusted all its energy as a franchise imo. Fuse has some of the best co op and cover and reminds me alot of gears of war. The graphics are nice and sharp and the gameplay is fun and chaotic. Echelon mode which is basically a horde like survival mode is worth the price of admission alone sense i love survival modes. the characters are also unique and varied each possessing a diffrent fuse powered weapon. Izzy's shattergun and Naya's warp rifle are by far the best but Jacob's crossbow and Dalton's magshield are also unique and awesome in there own right. i recommend it to anyone who loves co op shooters with awesome weapons. it may not be anything brand new or special but it's still a well crafted game that can be really fun to play with friends. Collapse
  9. May 30, 2013
    Pros:Cool story,Great cinematics,Cool characters,Cool great gameplay Cons:Graphics a bit outdated,no pro logic II support for PS3 version.Thisis nucg better than Resistance series. especially Failed Resistance3.
  10. Dec 13, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun with a nice variety of different powers to play with. Also the multiplayer is challenging and exciting. This game is definitely under-appreciated. It is sad that it didn't sell well and we will never get to enjoy a D.L.C or sequel.
  11. Sep 1, 2013
    I absolutely love this game. It would have been a 10, had the campaign been extended a bit more, a larger number of game modes had been made available, and the occasional connection problem didn't come into effect; But apart from that, you should definitely get this game, I consider it a MUST BUY.
  12. Jun 2, 2013

1. Sep 16, 2013
    Fuse is fun to play with friends, but if you are expecting a revolutionary single-player-campaign, you are going to be disappointed.
  2. Jul 21, 2013
    A decent game, but it lacks the depth to be anything more than a time filler. [Aug 2013, p.70]
    Genuinely funny. [Issue#99, p.70]