7.7

1. Apr 15, 2015
    This game was just amazing delivering excitement each time i played a new mission and is just great and enjoyed every second of it and it made me 100% the game, muiltplayer also has no flaws. A must own.
  2. Dec 10, 2014
    A great way to end the Gears Of War trilogy. Great amounts of gore and fun in this game. Play it, it's pretty cheap now.

Verdict:
    An awesome game that ends the GOW trilogy very well.
  3. Jul 2, 2014
    This is my first game of GoW series. This game is absolutely enjoyable and very good. Especially i laughed a lot for Cole. About story, its not boring and you want to play all day. And the ending i suprised very much. If you got a Xbox 360, you have to play this game. If you don't you will be miss a lot of things.
  4. Jun 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ta gra to istny majstersztyk, tak jak dla Uncharted kupuje się ps3, tak dla tej gry warto kupic X360! Multiplayer, w którym nie zdobywamy nowych broni, a w którym liczy się nasz skill i umiejętności, obok Halo najlepszy exlusiv na x360! Expand
  5. Jun 23, 2014
    How sequels should progress, the level of polish on all the mechanics contained in this game, not to mention DEDICATED SERVERS finally! There are few co-op competitive shooters that are truly Co-op, and gears 3 can certainly boast that.
  6. Mar 26, 2014

GOW VET!
    Asides from one OP weapon,(Retro) this is the best in the series,
    Ignore all the boys who can not beast with out host now!

This game STILL has dedicated servers!
    Horde is loads of fun also!
  7. Mar 23, 2014
    The best Gears of War game ever! It's formula is near perfect, besides the sawed-off.. which thankfully no one really uses anymore. The only way this game could have gotten any better is if they included a map creator on a second disk. Community created stuff is always the best! Maybe next time?
  8. Mar 6, 2014
    Amazing game. Don't understand the negative reviews.By far the best multiplayer experience on 360. Its not a game you can just play once and be expecting to be good. Give it time you will begin to love it.
  9. Feb 11, 2014
    This is my favorite game on the Xbox 360. It may even be the best game I've ever played. The Gears of War franchise has always been near and dear to my heart, providing smooth and intense 3rd-person game play that is tactical as well as brutal and frenetic. I must have dumped 300+ hours into this game over the years. The campaign is one of the best I've ever experienced, offering a lengthyThis is my favorite game on the Xbox 360. It may even be the best game I've ever played. The Gears of War franchise has always been near and dear to my heart, providing smooth and intense 3rd-person game play that is tactical as well as brutal and frenetic. I must have dumped 300+ hours into this game over the years. The campaign is one of the best I've ever experienced, offering a lengthy (around 10 hours) and cinematic experience that impressed me on all fronts. Act 3 is one of the best gaming experiences of all time and warrants a purchase itself. The multiplayer is superb and refined, and the horde mode is better than ever. This game screams replay value. I got it the day it came out and I still play it today, 3 years later. This is truly one of the best games I've ever played. Expand
  10. Feb 10, 2014
    I played Gears 1 & 2 and am super late to the Gears of War 3 party. No interest in getting a next-gen console yet so I'm getting caught up on titles I missed. Anyhow, Gears of War 3 is by far the most refined and fun entry into the series (and I loved Horde on GOW2). Great campaign and since the game now costs $15 or less I have no hesitancy in picking up all the DLC too, which has alsoI played Gears 1 & 2 and am super late to the Gears of War 3 party. No interest in getting a next-gen console yet so I'm getting caught up on titles I missed. Anyhow, Gears of War 3 is by far the most refined and fun entry into the series (and I loved Horde on GOW2). Great campaign and since the game now costs $15 or less I have no hesitancy in picking up all the DLC too, which has also been excellent. Only downside is that the people playing multiplayer are so good now that you will get annihilated fast, but I'm still have a blast playing private multiplayer matches with bots (who are actually quite formidable) to help me get my skills up and then try my hand against the pros. And Horde 2.0 (and even Beast-mode) are fantastic. This game has quite a bit of longevity which why there are still so many people on the servers 3 years out. No rush for next-gen when I'm still enjoying a 360 game this awesome. Expand
  11. Dec 31, 2013
    Loved this game. One of the most amazing games of this generation. The storytelling gets you throughout all the game, until the ending scene. The gameplay is absolutely fantastic, fun and simple to understand. If you didn't buy it, DO IT NOW!!!
  12. Dec 15, 2013
    The greatest Gear game to end the epic series bound to keep you on your seat until the very last shot!!! With spectacular multi-player and the all-new-and-improved horde mode, you and your friends will have the perfect outing on one of the best games of its time. This game is truly a masterpeice, no more said!
  13. Nov 24, 2013
    How can I compare this franchise to anything?

I would say its like going to my favorite restaurant and finding new exciting dishes I love that just get better and better. The first one was an amazing debut to the series which truly gave glory to the exclusive games Xbox 360 has. The second one kept pushing the limits and testing new grounds with multiplayer, and the 3rd one was
    How can I compare this franchise to anything?

The first one was an amazing debut to the series which truly gave glory to the exclusive games Xbox 360 has. The second one kept pushing the limits and testing new grounds with multiplayer, and the 3rd one was indeed a very very good one... It was like a found the ultimate dish at this restaurant that I'll be ordering forever.

Then of course Judgement came out which was like the restaurant I once loved took out all the amazing dishes I ordered and added nothing new. very disappointing.

Anyways, Gears 3 is a must have for anybody who has an Xbox 360. Its also the most fun you'll have with your friends teaming up in the campaign which by the way is also fun Solo. The campaign's story is a great one filled with action, suspense and emotion all rolled together in a delicious gears of war burrito.

Horde mode truly delivers the best multiplayer action to date. Its definitely a great addition that can be taken as a hardcore element when difficulty is raise to even a fun party game for your friends.

Deathmatch and the like is ok, some may argue that's the best aspect of the game though i will say its only weak point is the gnasher shotgun and its ridiculous killing range/power which to me breaks the game to where I don't even touch those modes unless I've had a few drinks to not take it seriously.

Trust me this is a true keeper for those who have a 360 and not worth any trade in value with tons of replay value as well.
  14. Oct 15, 2013
    the ultimate gears of war experience, A great story that perfectly ties the series together, perfected combat with a great addition of a few weapons and a load of content that can be played with friends. One of the best games i have ever played and it continues to to be the best gears of war game ever made. A huge list of unique maps as well as many added via dlc, horde mode is perfectedthe ultimate gears of war experience, A great story that perfectly ties the series together, perfected combat with a great addition of a few weapons and a load of content that can be played with friends. One of the best games i have ever played and it continues to to be the best gears of war game ever made. A huge list of unique maps as well as many added via dlc, horde mode is perfected and a load of fun with friends and the campaign is highly replayable due to the addition of arcade mode in that quest to out do your friends high scores.

a perfect third person action game
  15. Jun 3, 2013
    My favorite entry in the series, Gears of War 3 is bigger, badder and more polished than its predecessors. The graphics are great, the story is rewarding and the different modes are a blast. It improves on everything you love about Gears of War.
  16. Jun 1, 2013
    Amazing game, anybody who says different just go play a less unique unoriginal game because clearly this game is to complicated for you.
  17. May 30, 2013
    To me, Gears of War 3 is the pinnacle of the entire Gears universe. It took everything about Gears and made it better. The graphics for previous Gears of War tended to be dark, washed over colors that didn't provide a whole lot of stuff to look at and in its defense, Gears of War is set in a war torn world, but Gears 3 just made the graphics feel alive. There were so many more colors addedTo me, Gears of War 3 is the pinnacle of the entire Gears universe. It took everything about Gears and made it better. The graphics for previous Gears of War tended to be dark, washed over colors that didn't provide a whole lot of stuff to look at and in its defense, Gears of War is set in a war torn world, but Gears 3 just made the graphics feel alive. There were so many more colors added despite its setting and it worked wonderfully. The controls felt a lot better and I just had fun running around. The multiplayer is still not user friendly, but is finally balanced. If you want to use a lancer to kill people, you can. It just takes a little practice and if you want to use a shotgun, you can. The story is an epic conclusion to one of my favorite game series of all time and many tears were had during the campaign. It brought back horde, but added a fortification system in which you build barriers and turrets to help your fight against the locust. It also added boss battles in horde and added a new level of challenge. They made a whole new mode, beast mode, in which you play as the locust trying to kill the COG. Overall, it's the best Gears of the entire series and has great replay value. Worth every dollar you spend. Expand
  18. May 29, 2013
    Another great sequel to the series! This conclusion to the series is an absolute blast! The campaign is EXPLOSIVE, co-op is awesome, and MP (again) is a fun experience! To bad it didn't have the same "spark" 2 had and this being the (proper) finale to the series, unlike Judgement.
  19. Apr 22, 2013
    One and a half year late to review this game, but after watching the very regular game that Judgment was, Gears of War 3 is the definitive game of the Gears series. It doesn't have that campaign that originally described the first Gears of War, but it's very solid and it doesn't demand more. The most important part of the game is the online multiplayer. You may spend hours and hours in theOne and a half year late to review this game, but after watching the very regular game that Judgment was, Gears of War 3 is the definitive game of the Gears series. It doesn't have that campaign that originally described the first Gears of War, but it's very solid and it doesn't demand more. The most important part of the game is the online multiplayer. You may spend hours and hours in the different modes of the game. The whole package it's very solid. Gears of War 3 is one of the best third person shooters of this generation. Expand
  20. Apr 13, 2013
    This game is huge and amazingly well done. Playing with friends have a different level. Its almost infinite as Gears of War 3 have multiple game modes apart from the regular campaign in my opinion, the best campaign was the Gears of War 2 one), it has a lot of modes such as beast, horde and the classic matchmaking modes that all we know. As for the game-play, i must say that this game itsThis game is huge and amazingly well done. Playing with friends have a different level. Its almost infinite as Gears of War 3 have multiple game modes apart from the regular campaign in my opinion, the best campaign was the Gears of War 2 one), it has a lot of modes such as beast, horde and the classic matchmaking modes that all we know. As for the game-play, i must say that this game its in a ground-braking level compared with the industry's standards. The arsenal has become bigger and much more versatile. I recommend everyone to play this game. If you have a Xbox you must buy this piece of entertaining game. My score is a 9 because what I said before; the campaign its kind of less-spectacular than the previous ones. It´s always the same: kill bunch of Locusts then open a door, cinematic, and repeat the cycle until you finish. I'm not saying that is bad but it could be much more Epic (Games) Expand
  21. Apr 4, 2013
    Gears of War 3 is an amazing game, and the best game in the franchise. It gives a fantastic story, amazing and gritty shooter game play, and great characterization in a single game. Playing this, I expected it to have a cut rate story, that wouldn't match the first two, as I've seen that as a growing trend in modern shooters. My expectations were wrong, Gears 3 has an amazing storyline,Gears of War 3 is an amazing game, and the best game in the franchise. It gives a fantastic story, amazing and gritty shooter game play, and great characterization in a single game. Playing this, I expected it to have a cut rate story, that wouldn't match the first two, as I've seen that as a growing trend in modern shooters. My expectations were wrong, Gears 3 has an amazing storyline, that does the first two justice. The game play is great as well, giving you guns that don't feel overpowered, or underpowered. The cover mechanics felt natural, and I never found myself sticking to cover that I didn't want to use. The characterization in Gears 3 is amazing. I found myself constantly laughing at witty one-liners that epic put in at just the right moment, and the voice acting was spot on. This game is great, and if you have a 360, I would highly recommend it. Expand
  22. Apr 1, 2013
    Just might be the best out of the Gears of War games. The story is well beyond compelling, the graphics are goddamn killer and the gameplay is just the way you would want it.
  23. Mar 18, 2013
    I'm a little bit bored or Gears of War, and I only want to play it for 45 minutes here and there, but regardless this is still obviously an awesome game. Kinda more of the same but there's only 2 other gears of war so of course it's okay if it's the same. I really wish people would realize that the 'more of the same' complaint should only apply to games that have numerous releases, likeI'm a little bit bored or Gears of War, and I only want to play it for 45 minutes here and there, but regardless this is still obviously an awesome game. Kinda more of the same but there's only 2 other gears of war so of course it's okay if it's the same. I really wish people would realize that the 'more of the same' complaint should only apply to games that have numerous releases, like COD or 2d Mario. Not to one trilogy. Expand
  24. Mar 18, 2013
    The fourth entry into the Gears of War franchise will quite literally blow your mind co-developed by Epic Games and People Can Fly, Gears of War: Judgment is set in the immediate aftermath of ‘Emergence Day’ which was the defining event of the very first Gears of War from 2006. Although the game will take you back through a period prior to the events of both Gears of War 2 and Gears ofThe fourth entry into the Gears of War franchise will quite literally blow your mind co-developed by Epic Games and People Can Fly, Gears of War: Judgment is set in the immediate aftermath of ‘Emergence Day’ which was the defining event of the very first Gears of War from 2006. Although the game will take you back through a period prior to the events of both Gears of War 2 and Gears of War 3, it has a variety of improvements that make this the most enjoyable and action-packed campaign yet!

The main protagonist is a young COG by the name of Damon Baird, who should already be very familiar to all Gears fans from being the sidekick to Marcus Fenix, but here in Judgment Baird has a story of his own to tell in a series of flashback sequences used to tell the events leading up to why a small Kilo Squad are being judged in a military COG court. Having taken matters into their own hands and defying all orders to save the world from a new threat, Kilo Squad stand on trial and must face a Colonel Loomis to defend their actions. It is with the Kilo Squad telling their story where the flashback sequences come into play as you relive in-game each part of the Kilo Squads reasoning to Loomis. This is clearly why the title is ‘Judgment’ and you daringly pace through their testimonies putting your life on the line for the greater good or so you believe!

In Gears of War: Judgment, the Kilo Squad is made up of a young team of trained COG army soldiers that are joined in their unanimity to protect themselves and the world from a terrifying threat on humanity. Although Baird is the main man through-out most of the campaign, you will face the attack and defence missions through the eyes of the other Kilo Squad members. This being Augustus “The Cole Train” Cole, the more comical character and another blast from the past games; Sofia Hendrick, a journalist who joined the army after Emergence Day, and Garron Paduck, a Gear Soldier in the COG Army who was previously a Major for another military force. The characters are united by their actions and defend their reasons with justified decisions that you will experience in the campaign, each character presents their own traits and discussion’s with dialogue that is classic Gears of War talk! If you were somewhat nervous about People Can Fly’s input into the Gears of War universe, you need not worry, the gritty war-torn landscapes and accompanying plot lines feel like the heart and soul of the Gears of War: Judgment story-telling and a real “Gears-experience”, it’s definitely a game for the fans as well as fantastic entry title if you’ve never played a Gears of War game before.

Judgment is not just a new story that takes place alongside the events of Emergence Day, but it’s a whole new arsenal of weapons and also a whole new way to play a campaign. The game is broken down into Chapters where each features the Testimony of each member of Kilo Squad; Chapters are also broken down into sections which vary between six to eight and at the start of each section you’ll see a glowing COG Emblem emblazoned on the wall where you will have the option to accept or dismiss a Mission Declassification. These Declassify missions completely turn up the heat with how you are expected to play the campaign by making it increasingly difficult, limiting in ammo, time-based challenges, and impaired vision amongst many other unique gameplay scenarios to test your endurance through-out the Chapter. Successfully completed Declassify Missions within the story will not only earn you extra rewards for both Campaign and Multiplayer, but they uncover critical information relating to the story as well as helping towards your Achievements. Should you inevitably die, or fail challenges another new feature comes to life. In completely taking away the predictability after a death and an enhancement to the challenges you face is the addition of a new Smart Spawn System for Judgment. Having seen this in action I can say that every game from here on in could use this great tool to make your respawns play differently since every spawn changes the type of enemies in play, the timing of their appearance and additionally their locations so that each encounter although in the same battleground feels a little different. It’s a like a new take on the environment so that you’re not complacent and this does add an extra layer of freshness because this is for both Campaign and Multiplayer It really mixes things up a little for the better.

As written by myself Jason Andrews for thisisxbox.com this review in full can also be read on thisisxbox.com
  25. Mar 11, 2013
    Gears of War 3 is just about perfect in every way. The story is not as good as Gears of War 2, but the gameplay more than makes up for it. Ever since the first Gears of War I've always loved using the Lancer's chainsaw bayonet to chop baddies in half. It never gets old. The controls feel so smooth and rarely disappoint. The fact that you can play the story or the multiplayer offlineGears of War 3 is just about perfect in every way. The story is not as good as Gears of War 2, but the gameplay more than makes up for it. Ever since the first Gears of War I've always loved using the Lancer's chainsaw bayonet to chop baddies in half. It never gets old. The controls feel so smooth and rarely disappoint. The fact that you can play the story or the multiplayer offline with a friend in couch co-op is just plain awesome. You can enjoy the story together or you can play against bots in offline multiplayer with them. So those that cannot play online will enjoy the game just as much as those that can. Beast mode is also very fun but not as fun when playing alone. I cannot express how much I love this game. You can enjoy it alone or with a buddy both online and offline. Expand
  26. Mar 8, 2013
    Two years after Jacinto fell humanity has been scattered into remote areas of Sera. The Locust have been pushed out of the tunnels and also into hiding, but worst of all the Lambent threat grows day by day. When Marcus Fenix receives a message from his long dead father Adam Fenix speaking of a last hope for humanity, he and Dom begin a search to find Delta Squad, reunite them and end theTwo years after Jacinto fell humanity has been scattered into remote areas of Sera. The Locust have been pushed out of the tunnels and also into hiding, but worst of all the Lambent threat grows day by day. When Marcus Fenix receives a message from his long dead father Adam Fenix speaking of a last hope for humanity, he and Dom begin a search to find Delta Squad, reunite them and end the war for Sera once and for all.
    Gears of War 3 is a stunning conclusion to the GoW trilogy, it combines the best gameplay with pretty graphics (for once in the entire series) and a well written story, not to mention giving a satisfying ending that ties up all loose ends. However GoW3 seemed a bit underwhelming, it is meant to be a large scale game and instead felt no bigger than the first game. However the games final acts really give you the feeling of an all out war, also too many Lambent and not enough Locust.
  27. Feb 27, 2013
    Es un gran final para la triologia de Epic a nivel técnico es muy bueno saca lo mejor de motor gráfico ademas tiene una gran duración de mas de 10 horas, un adictivo modo multijugador mas pulido que nunca, el renovado modo horda y un nuevo modo que debuta que es el modo bestia
  28. Jan 28, 2013
    This game has the one of the best history ever with your war artnersi will give my score for all the modes
    Campaign 11

-Some Bugs

Gears Of War 3 is the best game I've played in my life

Must buy!
  30. Jan 9, 2013
    Gears of war 3 combines the best traits of the first two games refines and polishes them into a shiny new chainsaw bayonet. This game is absolutely gorgeous, everything from the environments, the guns, to the bug free gameplay. The addition of beast mode and arcade just adds more hours of endless fun not to mention the awesome new features in horde mode. If playing as a Berserker in beastGears of war 3 combines the best traits of the first two games refines and polishes them into a shiny new chainsaw bayonet. This game is absolutely gorgeous, everything from the environments, the guns, to the bug free gameplay. The addition of beast mode and arcade just adds more hours of endless fun not to mention the awesome new features in horde mode. If playing as a Berserker in beast mode doesn't get your heart pumping then check your vitals because you're probably dead. Expand
  31. Dec 2, 2012
    The best 3rd person shooter I have ever played... The graphics are amazing and the game play is brilliant. I love horde and beast mode and multi player is a big step up from gears of war 2 with the dedicated servers. The campaign is also amazing and the storyline is great... I just can't wait until judgement!
  32. Nov 28, 2012
    Amazing game. Went to the 12 am premiere and even this hot girl went with my friend. Great game good maps solid guns other than sawed off that gun is for gays. Sawed off is stupid sawed off sucks it prevents this game from getting a ten.
  33. Nov 25, 2012
    I love this game a lot! I wasn't expecting a huge impact when I first bought the game, but my god its brilliant! It's probably one of my favourite 3rd person shooters if not the best. The campaign is solid and excellent, the guns are fantastic, the enemies vary and are extremely terrifying and the story behind the game is riveting. The multiplayer is fantastic as well. Beast and Horde modeI love this game a lot! I wasn't expecting a huge impact when I first bought the game, but my god its brilliant! It's probably one of my favourite 3rd person shooters if not the best. The campaign is solid and excellent, the guns are fantastic, the enemies vary and are extremely terrifying and the story behind the game is riveting. The multiplayer is fantastic as well. Beast and Horde mode are just brilliant additions. It does get very intense though so you'll need to play this game a lot in order to defeat the harder difficulties. Overall I recommend any shooter enthusiast to buy this game NOW! Expand
  34. Nov 7, 2012
    The best Gears game to date!!! Awesome graphics, solid game play, good story and the king of multi player. Completely satisfied with this game!!!!!!!!!
  35. Nov 5, 2012
    Gears of War 3 is an unmitigated triumph for Epic, not only finishing off the trilogy in style, but doing so while expanding upon already sturdy foundations. It
  36. Nov 4, 2012
    Gears has never let me down and this one was the best in the whole series. Campaign was awesome, some bits made me sad, laugh and even cheer. Versus is bigger and awesome. Horde is just the next level. Beast is great new feature but does not keep me interrested as much as everything else. Great end to the Gears series! Gears of War 3 9.7/10
  37. Nov 1, 2012
    this was my first take on gears of war and i truelly love it and its a very good reason to own an xbox 360,good story, graphics, and characters, i recomend this to all.
  38. Oct 3, 2012
    This game has the best campaign i have played in a shooter in years. Its multiplayer is crazy addictive and will suck up hours of your life. Getting kills in multiplayer is one of the most satisfying feelings in gaming. my only complaints is that sometimes the multiplayer is frustrating and will leave you saying "how the hell???" quite often. oh also the campaign is probably the mostThis game has the best campaign i have played in a shooter in years. Its multiplayer is crazy addictive and will suck up hours of your life. Getting kills in multiplayer is one of the most satisfying feelings in gaming. my only complaints is that sometimes the multiplayer is frustrating and will leave you saying "how the hell???" quite often. oh also the campaign is probably the most emotional story told in gaming (in my opinion). Def. one to pick up, and one of the main reasons i own an xbox. Expand
  39. Aug 24, 2012
    The third chapter of an amazing game, the Gears of War franchise never lets down. Hours of pure violence and fun, this is one game that I can't stop playing.
  40. Jul 15, 2012
    With out a doubt the best gears yet. while it may not be the best game of the year, but its one of the funnest. The multiplayer is the best mutiplayer of 2011. This is a must have game. this just gets me more excited for the next gears of war game. If your looking for a way out of call of duty this is the game to go to.
  41. Jun 13, 2012
    The best TPS on the console with Horde Mode, Beast Mode, and competitive multiplayer. This is the complete package, both Nintendo and Sony don't have anything to match Gears of War 3.
  42. May 27, 2012
    The best game in a Gears of War series. Graphics are incredible sharp and beautifull. The best multiplayer expirience I have ever expirienced. I really love this game and it's characters.
  43. May 7, 2012
    Gears of War 3 is the climax of the series - bigger louder better than the rest. The series has definitely matured greatly from the initial outing, but all the same techniques are there. Reload right, jump over stuff, duck and cover. Not surprisingly different, but with AAA popcorn like this, who needs surprises. Great stuff!
  44. May 4, 2012
    I thought the game play is always excellent but the storyline could have been better. Multiplayer is better in some respects but terrible in others. For instance, the fortification aspect is pretty bad ass along with money accrual, I think it adds more competition against other players online. My main gripe about the game and where I think that epic dropped the ball big time is assigningI thought the game play is always excellent but the storyline could have been better. Multiplayer is better in some respects but terrible in others. For instance, the fortification aspect is pretty bad ass along with money accrual, I think it adds more competition against other players online. My main gripe about the game and where I think that epic dropped the ball big time is assigning hosts or host migration having a direct effect on fortification accrual. This is huge for online participation because once gamers lose all fortifications due to host migration, most gamers leave the session. This makes online achievements almost impossible to attain unless you find some hardcore gamers that have an attention span longer than a few minutes. Other than that I hope that epic has a follow up sequel after the 3rd. Expand
  45. Apr 17, 2012
    Gears of war 3 is the best game in the series,it has the best graphics and very fun multiplayer it is also very polished,but i must say i expected a bit more from the story and there were some pop in textures and some glitches so yes it's far from perfect but overall it's an awesome game!
  46. Mar 26, 2012
    the best of the three ones, while the story wasn't as good as the Second one, this one had a flawless gameplay and the Campaign just feels, right. This is a must buy
  47. Mar 23, 2012
    Great game all around. Game play was solid, no notable flaws to be found. I found the story to be a grea continuation of the previous installments, hard to imagine a better or more fitting ending for the series. Marcus's obvious anguish at the loss of his brother in arms, Coles comment "Did you ever feel like you died...and no one told you?" and Anya's subtle support of Marcus throughoutGreat game all around. Game play was solid, no notable flaws to be found. I found the story to be a grea continuation of the previous installments, hard to imagine a better or more fitting ending for the series. Marcus's obvious anguish at the loss of his brother in arms, Coles comment "Did you ever feel like you died...and no one told you?" and Anya's subtle support of Marcus throughout the game all added up to a story I could believe in. Great work, hope to see mroe titles from them in the future. Expand
  48. Mar 22, 2012
    Gears of war three is by far the best Gears of War. When it comes to gameplay, concept, and multiplayer it beats its predecessors by a longshot. The new Beast Mode will keep you play playing for hours.
  49. Mar 22, 2012
    Ive played gears of war since the begining in 2006 And i have to say that Gears of war 3 is the ultimate gears game. Or the ultimate game for anyone who loves gore infested action. This game totaly rocks! The only con i come to think about is that they made the game a bit too easy for newcomers...
  50. Mar 21, 2012
    If your a fan of the Gear's series, you have to pick this one up. I feel the ending was a little abrupt, but it was an overall good game. The multiplayer complements the campaign well and i love the fluent and fast paced gameplay.
  51. Mar 2, 2012
    Epic games have recaptured the magic of Gears one and two for the third time and have even improved on it. Gears of War Three is fantastic; filled with action and story in equal parts from the get go. You may have expected the exact same carbon copy of gameplay from the previous installments. And for the most part you are correct. The cover system is basically the same, and even most ofEpic games have recaptured the magic of Gears one and two for the third time and have even improved on it. Gears of War Three is fantastic; filled with action and story in equal parts from the get go. You may have expected the exact same carbon copy of gameplay from the previous installments. And for the most part you are correct. The cover system is basically the same, and even most of the guns didnâ Expand
  52. Feb 29, 2012
    My other half turned me in to Gears fan was playing Gears 2 one night and could not wait for 3 to come out. Just nice to have a game with a good story and fun stuff to kill :)
  53. Feb 26, 2012
    Gears of War 3 is a magnificent game!! However, the story felt forced and rushed and at some points made me flinch. However, like in Gears 2, was much more character driven. The ending saga for the world-renowned and immensely popular video game franchise had a satisfying conclusion. For the first time players were able to explore Sera's surface instead of the battlegrounds in ruinedGears of War 3 is a magnificent game!! However, the story felt forced and rushed and at some points made me flinch. However, like in Gears 2, was much more character driven. The ending saga for the world-renowned and immensely popular video game franchise had a satisfying conclusion. For the first time players were able to explore Sera's surface instead of the battlegrounds in ruined cities, sinkholes, or Locust tunnels. The tale of a world on the brink of total collapse while facing the Lambent threat was engaging, suspenseful, and had me intrigued. The graphics looks awesome, the gameplay is excellent and very refined! Enemies are fun, smart, and powerful. I enjoyed fighting both Lambent and Locust. Cutscenes were excellent, and the music was great! Online multiplayer is VERY fun, and keeps you wanting more. I enjoyed how every aspect and mode of the game are all interlinked. The online maps are AMAZING, unlike any other game. Down to the basics, Gears 3 is just fun and addicting! The conclusion to the story was great, and for the first time in a long time I felt totally satisfied by how a game ended. Gears of War 3 is a game no one should miss! keep it up Epic!! Expand
  54. Feb 24, 2012
    Remarkably similar to Gears 2, but hardly a bad game. The campaign was excellent as always and the mutli-player is a real step up. It's only real flaw was its lack of innovation.
  55. Feb 23, 2012
    plenty of fast paced, violent action in this game. story was pretty good, allowing players to feel some emotion of the game, although i had a few questions that never got answered. multiplayer offers more fast paced game types and call of duty style milestones like medals and ribbons for completeing certain tasks. some interesting new weapons and characters. and of course gridlock is back.plenty of fast paced, violent action in this game. story was pretty good, allowing players to feel some emotion of the game, although i had a few questions that never got answered. multiplayer offers more fast paced game types and call of duty style milestones like medals and ribbons for completeing certain tasks. some interesting new weapons and characters. and of course gridlock is back. graphics are still top notch and connection is great. tons of replay ability. still love gears 1 the most but gears 3 is just a notch below it. Expand
  56. Feb 14, 2012
    The best third Person shooter ever this games cover system works better then any other I have ever played with The story mode is amazing and clever the variation of game modes are awesome the upgrade of horde mode works great beast mode is great and there are online dedicated servers now pick up this game you will not be dissapointed
  57. Feb 9, 2012
    The COG Takes a Turn for the Better

The COG Takes a Turn for the Better

While this game may be lacking in the rustic, gloomy feeling I've come to know and love from the previous installments of Gears of War, I think it's a change for the better. Gears of War was always a fun series, but a lot of people were turned off by how slow the characters moved and how different it was from the more popular first person shooters, like anything from the Call of Duty series. I think that Gears of War 3 does it's best to appeal to that crowd without alienating its previous fans. I feel that Epic Games did a fantastic job putting this game together; it was put together much better than the previous two. There are more characters available and a couple new game modes as well as a system of ribbons and medals.
    Epic only technically added a few new characters to the game, the rest of the characters are just creative spins on the older characters. For example, they have Augustus Cole in a thrashball outfit, in his classic gear, and in a special outfit with some bling. Of course, most of the characters arenâ
  58. Feb 7, 2012
    Grab a couple of red bulls, grow a fu manchu, and tattoo yourself with ridiculous cliches. It's time for Gears of war. I love this game. It's ridiculous and unrealistic, and that's what makes it great. I liken it to the Contra of this generation. The co-op has never been better, and the multiplayer finally added team deathmatch. The campaign is very fun whether you want to just playGrab a couple of red bulls, grow a fu manchu, and tattoo yourself with ridiculous cliches. It's time for Gears of war. I love this game. It's ridiculous and unrealistic, and that's what makes it great. I liken it to the Contra of this generation. The co-op has never been better, and the multiplayer finally added team deathmatch. The campaign is very fun whether you want to just play through the story or have some friendly competition with arcade mode. A lot of players are complaining about the sawed off shotgun but it doesn't effect the game too much if a) you use it too or b) you are skilled with the gnasher OR c) keep your distance. Overall, this game is one that i can pick up and play at any time. I would recommend it to anyone. Expand
  59. Jan 31, 2012
    Gears of War 3 is the best triology out on the market today. The story line is fantastic and gameplay is even better. Epic does a great job at keeping the online play great too. DLC is being shipped out frequently which always keeps online play fun and new. There were some questions that were not answered which means more campaign DLC could be on its way!
  60. Jan 22, 2012
    Im confused. Like why was the game even pushed back, because they clearly didn't make any improvements to the game what so ever. I flat out didn't like this game at all, its the same as Gears 2m if not worse. The only noticeable approvment i saw was the ability to play as a Female, but it was at random. They also add a new character Jayce, who is probably the worse character in the entireIm confused. Like why was the game even pushed back, because they clearly didn't make any improvements to the game what so ever. I flat out didn't like this game at all, its the same as Gears 2m if not worse. The only noticeable approvment i saw was the ability to play as a Female, but it was at random. They also add a new character Jayce, who is probably the worse character in the entire franchise. Thank god i rented this , because if i woulda bought it, i woulda snapped it in half. Expand
  61. Jan 15, 2012
    It's just like GoW2 but with improved multiplayer due to better balancing and dedicated servers to ensure lag-free gameplay. The horde mode is now more deep, with the introduction of money to buy weapons and barricades. However, multiplayer matchmaking doesn't seem to use TrueSkill- a level 11 ends up in a lobby full of level 100s for example. However it's the most brutal an fast-pacedIt's just like GoW2 but with improved multiplayer due to better balancing and dedicated servers to ensure lag-free gameplay. The horde mode is now more deep, with the introduction of money to buy weapons and barricades. However, multiplayer matchmaking doesn't seem to use TrueSkill- a level 11 ends up in a lobby full of level 100s for example. However it's the most brutal an fast-paced online yet. Now it actually works properly. You can level up across all modes and earn medals just like in Halo Reach, making the campaign, co-op modes and competitive Versuses intergrate seemlessly. The campaign is still an epic but it was shorter than I was expecting, and doesn't feel as grand or engaging as Gears 2. All in all, if you're a fan of the series or are looking for a brutal shooter that's very different from others and is good quality this game is most certainly worth getting. The actual gameplay is no different from the previous game and there aren't many additions butit's still a fun shooter. What does degrade the experience slightly is that despite it running on Unreal Engine 3.5- the updated UE3, there are many games which make better use of its graphical capabilities. Sure, Unreal Engine was built for this kind of game but the textures are, without exaggeration- vastly dated. The cutscenes have the worst graphics and feel like they're in 480p rather than full HD whilst the normal gameplay graphics are much more consistent. Overall the essence of Gears is still here. The satisfying sound of headshots with a LongShot, the brutal weapons, including additions like the OneShot and th beasty enemies are all here. The campaign is shorter than I expected and too easy on anything but Insane because you can be revived by the AI. But the Versus is now compatible with bots, there are challenges and XP across all aspects of the game, there's arcade mode and beast mode allowing you to play as locust and take down humans in time. GoW3 feels like GoW2 but sort of "Reachified" by the addition of leveling up in all modes and the huge stat tracking for all modes- even K/D for campaign and number of failed active reloads! The medals, ribbons and collectibles add a lot of replay value and encourage you to take advantage of everything in the game so you get a great variety too. Certainly Gears 3 is the most complete Gears of War game- there's not much more that could've been done to make it bigger. Expand
  62. Jan 13, 2012
    The game is very good but i have one question??? Epic...........Why why why in the name of god, why you killed Dominic Santiago
    Graphics:10 Fun:10 Campaign:8
  63. Jan 7, 2012
    Hands down the best game of 2011. The game exceeds in both single, and multiplayer modes with tons and tons of content. You've got 4 player co-op in the games story mode, Horde mode, beast mode, as well as numerous other types of VS games. If you own a 360, then you need this game. If you don't own a 360, then buy one and buy this.
  64. Jan 6, 2012
    I loved this game me and my friend just completed the story and it was pretty good. But what made the game great the me was the multiplayer and horde modes. With servers that are very reliable, the multiplayer runs smoothly with very little lag and has a few new game modes like brothers to the end. Horde features lots of new changes now using money and tower defense like features like autoI loved this game me and my friend just completed the story and it was pretty good. But what made the game great the me was the multiplayer and horde modes. With servers that are very reliable, the multiplayer runs smoothly with very little lag and has a few new game modes like brothers to the end. Horde features lots of new changes now using money and tower defense like features like auto turrets and walls that can be upgraded. To me this game stood out in the sea of shooters. Expand
  65. Jan 5, 2012
    one of the best games i have ever played with a heartful story that gets you attached to the characters and excellent gameplay as the previous gears of wars and slight improvement to graphics but you really can't get the graphics much better than them. also it has amazing gameplay mechanics and even further improved multiplayer which gives this game an excellent replay value
  66. Jan 2, 2012
    Overall, if you're looking for a great shooter this is definitely a great choice. Single player starts off weak, but soon enough becomes very action orientated and much more emotional. Graphics are great, as well as co op and multi-player. The different multiplayer modes are tons of fun and for the most part balanced along with nice looking maps. Co-op modes, "beast" and "horde" modes areOverall, if you're looking for a great shooter this is definitely a great choice. Single player starts off weak, but soon enough becomes very action orientated and much more emotional. Graphics are great, as well as co op and multi-player. The different multiplayer modes are tons of fun and for the most part balanced along with nice looking maps. Co-op modes, "beast" and "horde" modes are probably where you will send most of your time with this game. Story- 8/10
    Multiplayer- 9/10
    Visuals- 9/10
  67. Dec 30, 2011
    This game was certainly epic.. My first game of the GoW series was GoW 2.. Instantly I loved the chainsaw onslaught and the execution.. In GoW3, there's guns where they are names which is really convenient... Storyline was good but it would not made possibly without the marvellous characters... Even though they curse a lot but who gives a damn.. With the retro lancer and violent yetThis game was certainly epic.. My first game of the GoW series was GoW 2.. Instantly I loved the chainsaw onslaught and the execution.. In GoW3, there's guns where they are names which is really convenient... Storyline was good but it would not made possibly without the marvellous characters... Even though they curse a lot but who gives a damn.. With the retro lancer and violent yet exciting gameplay this game got a hollywood style storyline that not only delivers action pack storyline but also the lives of humans on Serra.. The developers did a very good job to let gamers feel alive with the story... Overall, 9/10... Just dislike to the 'hold Y' to execute an enemy which cause a second or two (priceless in the heat of battle).. Best line by carmine.. Haha.. 'Eat dirt and die **** To those who are blind saying this game a thrash.. Expand
  68. Dec 30, 2011
    I absolutely love this game. The shooting is fantastic, it has a satisfying amount of gore and the guns just feel great. Story wise it's fairly weak, but the moment to moment story telling is strong. The multiplayer and horde modes are much better now, but the new Beast mode doesn't quite feel polished enough. Overall though, this is a fantastic package.The cracking single and multi playerI absolutely love this game. The shooting is fantastic, it has a satisfying amount of gore and the guns just feel great. Story wise it's fairly weak, but the moment to moment story telling is strong. The multiplayer and horde modes are much better now, but the new Beast mode doesn't quite feel polished enough. Overall though, this is a fantastic package.The cracking single and multi player modes mean this is well worth getting. Expand
  69. Dec 27, 2011
    Pretty good all around, very polished. what more do i need to say. retro lancer rocks..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  70. Dec 27, 2011
    EPIC!!! I don't need to say anything... This game is one of the best games I ever played in my life. I stoped in each wonderfull place just to see the work design. And to speak about the history, I just need to say: EPIC!!!
  71. Dec 18, 2011
    Genial, épico, bibrante y con unos gráficos como nunca se habia visto. El multijugador excelente, mantiene el ritmo de la campaña que también se puede jugar online y offline. Mejora en todo a los 2 anteriores.
  72. Dec 17, 2011
    Four games in one.You can spend hours alone on both campaign, versus, horde, and beast. At sixty bucks, it is a steal. If you have to get one shooter this year, get this one. You won't be disappointed.
  73. Dec 17, 2011
    Horde mode is back on this game and its a lot better than it was in the second game. its seen a few important tweaks, theres more varied enemy types, new boss battles on the tenth rounds and bases and a money earning element has been added. also added is game modifiers. this keeps this mode fresh for much longer. a new mode called beast mode is a twist on horder and is fairly decent butHorde mode is back on this game and its a lot better than it was in the second game. its seen a few important tweaks, theres more varied enemy types, new boss battles on the tenth rounds and bases and a money earning element has been added. also added is game modifiers. this keeps this mode fresh for much longer. a new mode called beast mode is a twist on horder and is fairly decent but shorter lived than horde. its easier, shorter and less fleshed out i think, but not a bad effort. the other vs multiplayer modes are back and with a couple of additions like deathmatch, where lives are in play. im not as keen on this as the more traditional gears modes, kind of loses the gears feel. oh importantly the bugs have gone from gears 2 liek the no weapon glitch and the crippling lag. ive barely played any gmaes in gears 3 where lag has been a factor, especially in ranked matches where servers have been implemented. decent upgrade from gears 1 and 2 in the mp side of things. The multiplayer has been well supported so far with occasional patches,dlc and in the form of playlists. a playlist has been added which takes away the sawnoff shotgun and makes it a pickup, this is great as a hate that weapon. Expand
  74. Dec 16, 2011
    Gears of war 3 is the best in the series by a mile. The multiplayer is great no flaws, and the first game with a way to kill campers. The digger gun! Great graphics on both SP and MP. 4 player co-op and just an all round epic game. While saying epic, I hope they have some plans up there sleeves as it's ashame this is the end for gears. Possible spin offs witch would be great as it's anGears of war 3 is the best in the series by a mile. The multiplayer is great no flaws, and the first game with a way to kill campers. The digger gun! Great graphics on both SP and MP. 4 player co-op and just an all round epic game. While saying epic, I hope they have some plans up there sleeves as it's ashame this is the end for gears. Possible spin offs witch would be great as it's an amazing franchise. The MP is fresh and I just love playing on it, a great action game and one of the best on the 360. Epic should be very proud as this is a top contender for game of the year. That's about all I have to say on it really other then à Expand
  75. Dec 15, 2011
    There was no doubt in my mind that Gears of War 3 would be fantastic. I had hyped myself up in the days and months prior to it's release, watching the E3 demos and teaser trailers over and over again. I am glad to say that I was not wrong. It exceeded my expectations as to how fun it would be. After the slight disappointment of Gears Of War 2, this a return to form for the series and forThere was no doubt in my mind that Gears of War 3 would be fantastic. I had hyped myself up in the days and months prior to it's release, watching the E3 demos and teaser trailers over and over again. I am glad to say that I was not wrong. It exceeded my expectations as to how fun it would be. After the slight disappointment of Gears Of War 2, this a return to form for the series and for Epic Games.
    The multiplayer is superb, bringing back a higher movement speed and sense of agility and responsiveness found in Gears 1 but sadly lost in Gears 2. The game modes are satisfactory, but I find myself mainly going for Team Deathmatch over everything else. The new ranking system is good, the weapons are more or less balanced despite people saying the sawed-off is overpowered: there are ways to counteract it.
    Beast Mode is also a pretty fun experience, giving an opportunity to play as Locust monsters and crush waves of CoG. Certainly, the selection of characters is excellent but I couldn't help but think they didn't need a time limit or only have 12 waves.
    Horde Mode is where I spend most of my time on Gears 3 nowadays. The mode has been completely upgraded from Gears 2. Instead of throwing you on a map with no defences against the Locust, Epic have now given the player the ability to build fortifications such as spikes, sentry turrets, gun turrets, decoys and battle-mechs to counteract the Locust Horde's menagerie of monsters. As a result, I would say the difficulty is ramped up and makes it more of a challenge to complete all 50 waves. However, even after those initial 50 waves have been completed, there are still fortifications to upgrade and achievements to earn that will keep players coming back.
    I have deliberately left the story till last. As a Gears of War fan, I like to think that I have a good knowledge of the universe outside of the games. I've read the comics and the novels which cover a significant amount of time between each game. Therefore, I understood most of what was going on in Gears Of War 3's campaign. Between Gears 2 and 3, a lot happened. So much so, that three books were written to cover those events. I find the story amazing; with genuine emotional moments cropping up in between intense cinematic action sequences that makes this seem at times, like a blockbuster movie (especially ONE very emotional moment. Ahem ahem) However, I can see how people who haven't taken such an interest in the novels or comics could find this story confusing. I have a few friends who haven't read the books and asked me "Who the **** is Jace?", "Where the hell did Sam come from?" and "Why are they on a boat?"
    Gears Of War 3 is a fantastic game in all respects and is worth it's money in both replay value and quality. A game that I will be playing for years.
  76. Dec 14, 2011
    The Best Shooter of the Year. Unlike other games, this game has amazing and conectable characters.And the characters in this game chainsaw aliens in half. The most complete trilogy of shooter games. Yes even more then Uncharted. The action is spectacular the story is amazing. Do yourself a favor and go buy it. And if you don't have an xbox. Go buy a 360 and Gears 3. You'll thank me.
  77. Dec 6, 2011
    Truth be told, Epic has mastered itself, bringing a game which has defined perfection and quality of this genre. Gears of War 3 is polished, accessible and rewarding whilst providing a mighty action packed campaign and an addictive competitive and cooperative multiplayer. Gears of War 3 is a game that every 360 owner should have in thier library.
  78. Dec 4, 2011
    This is no doubt the ultimate Gears of War experience. the multiplayer is one of the best right now on the 360 thanks to the perfect balance that Epic Games Has Achieved in weapons, map desing and modes (team Deathmach is my personal favorite), in the co-op multiplayer departament Beast is a funny inclusion yet i wish it was far more complete overall because is way to short, Horde 2.0 ModeThis is no doubt the ultimate Gears of War experience. the multiplayer is one of the best right now on the 360 thanks to the perfect balance that Epic Games Has Achieved in weapons, map desing and modes (team Deathmach is my personal favorite), in the co-op multiplayer departament Beast is a funny inclusion yet i wish it was far more complete overall because is way to short, Horde 2.0 Mode is great but the bosses every 10 waves are dificult in an annoing way which brings me to the campaing that is hit or miss, delivering with some awesome action sequences and twists but with some serious lack of gripping moments, at the end the game delivers the best Gears experience but fails to do something new and ground breaking Expand
  79. Dec 1, 2011
    Great game. Great story, great graphics, great gameplay. Takes the multiplayer to another level as well. The constant stream of downloadable content will continue to keep this game fresh.
  80. Nov 30, 2011
    Back when Gears 3 was announced and the trailers came out, nothing new really stood out for me. It looked un-appealing and boring. However, playing Gears 3 now I take back everything I ever said bad about it. The campaign is an epic conclusion to the trilogy, and the multiplayer was toned up from Gears 2 providing more game modes, maps and new weapon skins. However the things that blew meBack when Gears 3 was announced and the trailers came out, nothing new really stood out for me. It looked un-appealing and boring. However, playing Gears 3 now I take back everything I ever said bad about it. The campaign is an epic conclusion to the trilogy, and the multiplayer was toned up from Gears 2 providing more game modes, maps and new weapon skins. However the things that blew me away the most was Horde and Beast modes. Beast because who doesn't want to play as a ticker and blow cogs up, or as any locust for that matter, and Horde because they have improved it so much from Gears 2 - now you get cash for killing locust which can be put towards buying barriers, turrets and other improvements for your base. An epic game and an amazing conclusion to the Gears of war trilogy. Expand
  81. Nov 29, 2011
    It's the Gears of War experience that I have known and loved over the years with an awesome conclusion. The multiplayer is the best they've done and it is tons of fun if you get a bunch of friends together on Xbox Live. Horde mode is probably the biggest overall improvement to the formula. You and friends can dump hours of mindless Locust killing into this mode now complete with upgrades!It's the Gears of War experience that I have known and loved over the years with an awesome conclusion. The multiplayer is the best they've done and it is tons of fun if you get a bunch of friends together on Xbox Live. Horde mode is probably the biggest overall improvement to the formula. You and friends can dump hours of mindless Locust killing into this mode now complete with upgrades! The story mode is fun too with a really nice conclusion and some awesome set pieces. Overall and fantastic third person shooter! Expand
  82. Nov 28, 2011
    What happens when you take the greatest game of all time and make it better? You get Gears of War 3 of course. The game adds enough new stuff to the table To make it Familier to Veterans, While adding enough new content to make it a game all it's own. The multiplayer. Amazing, Deticated Servers, New guns and new maps. The campaign is an unforgettable experiance that I think will beWhat happens when you take the greatest game of all time and make it better? You get Gears of War 3 of course. The game adds enough new stuff to the table To make it Familier to Veterans, While adding enough new content to make it a game all it's own. The multiplayer. Amazing, Deticated Servers, New guns and new maps. The campaign is an unforgettable experiance that I think will be remembered by fans Forever. Overall this Game is DEFINATELY in my top 5 games for 2011. Xbox owners. Pick this up now. PS3 owners, Buy the console bundle. Expand
  83. Nov 28, 2011
    I wasn't the biggest fan of Gears of War before part 2, I honestly never played part 1. I really enjoyed part 2 and that's what started my craze, if you can call it that, with Gears of War. Once part 3 came out, it was over. I've never played a game where each level is like its own mini war, with all the back and forth action, it's crazy. It's not exactly story driven like others haveI wasn't the biggest fan of Gears of War before part 2, I honestly never played part 1. I really enjoyed part 2 and that's what started my craze, if you can call it that, with Gears of War. Once part 3 came out, it was over. I've never played a game where each level is like its own mini war, with all the back and forth action, it's crazy. It's not exactly story driven like others have said, but if you're looking for a game with a great engine and tremendous action, Gears of War 3 is the game. Expand
  84. Nov 25, 2011
    Story: 8/10 a great story Presentation: 9.5/10 Great Graphics: 10/10 Outstanding visuals
    Sound and Voice Acting: 9/10 great AI Physics: 8/10 great
    Gameplay:10/10 Amazing stuning and rush gameplay keep you busy with hordes.i speciatlly recommend to all gamers who loves to play shooters in better enviorments with great actions...worth to play..
    Overall: 9.1 a great story telling in less time
  85. Nov 24, 2011
    Gears of war 3 is a fantastic thriller that will leave you wanting more. The movement in the game is still the same as the last Gears , but makes up for it with the new game mode Beast . The Horde game mode has been changed but for the better now adding more features such as a decoy all the way to a purchasable turret. This also has the potential to shock most Gears fans in the new Campaign mode.
  86. Nov 23, 2011
    This is easily my favorite game of the trilogy and my favorite game on the Xbox 360. Epic worked hard to make both single and multi-player the most refined and perfected experience it has ever been in the series. What really concerns me is the large number of douchbags who give the the game a 1 just because their Xbox haters and wanna bash on everything good that comes out on the 360. AnyThis is easily my favorite game of the trilogy and my favorite game on the Xbox 360. Epic worked hard to make both single and multi-player the most refined and perfected experience it has ever been in the series. What really concerns me is the large number of douchbags who give the the game a 1 just because their Xbox haters and wanna bash on everything good that comes out on the 360. Any reviewer who gives this game lower than a 7 without good reason is complete trash, get a friken life. Expand
  87. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ahhh.....the conclusion to one of my favorite franchises is bittersweet. The gameplay and controls are flawless and the difficulty of the game is paced wonderfully. The only complaint that I have ab Gears 3 is the final boss battle, where I should have been able to kill the queen, not just the bug she rode on. I hate that they took that option out of your hands and instead did it through a cut scene. But overall the gameplay is epic as usual and the multiplayer is one of the best parts. The game excels in every aspect and is a definite must own. Expand
  88. Nov 21, 2011
    Gears of War 3 is very much the same as Gears of War 2 in the gameplay aspect. However the multiplayer is a million times better, and always feels smooth. The graphics are somewhat polished and the story is taking a remarkeble turn. Gears of War 3 gives the players more of what we allready liked and takes it one level higher. Still you miss something new and creative.
  89. Nov 21, 2011
    Epic End to an Epic series and for that I dished out 150 for the epic edition as well as the DLC and 400 for the limited edition gears of war 3 Xbox. Gears of War 3 is beautiful in the graphics department compared to many of the games out there. Yes Gears of War 3 has the same feel and adds a few new things here and there. However it wouldn't be Gears of War if they reinvented the game.Epic End to an Epic series and for that I dished out 150 for the epic edition as well as the DLC and 400 for the limited edition gears of war 3 Xbox. Gears of War 3 is beautiful in the graphics department compared to many of the games out there. Yes Gears of War 3 has the same feel and adds a few new things here and there. However it wouldn't be Gears of War if they reinvented the game. Gears of War 3 is meant to be played with your friends. No bro's your mostly likely going to hate this game then. Find friends and play on insane I dare you to run and gun. The plot is like a Hollywood movie, but ill roll with it bender. Horde mode 2.0 is freaking amazing with friends, member you have to have friends. multiplayer is always a blast; the addition of the sawed off shot gun and digger makes those campers run. Beast mode is a fresh new take, I always wanted to play as a berserker woot. While its not a perfect 10 Gears of War 3 is by far the best game style of its kind. Expand
  90. Nov 21, 2011
    Pretty good game, the only complaint I have is in multiplayer the one shotgun feels way too overpowered, the campaign also isnt the main feature on this game which is disappointing because I was hoping for an epic end to the trilogy
  91. Nov 21, 2011
    One of the best Games i ever played.
    Graphic ist definitly one of the best and the best feature is the Co-Op I hope it will come more of Gears of War
  92. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is A must have for gears fans and people that like shooting games this game is really nice i play this game for a long time and never get bored of it because it is really good. The graphics are way nice and impressive.
  93. Nov 20, 2011
    Uh its Gears of War what did you expect. Its one of the coolest third peson shooters and it takes skill unlike COD. So get it and lets go **** some locust up!!
  94. Nov 18, 2011
    Great improvements made. The biggest improvement is the online system. The servers are very consistent, the gameplay is fun, the maps are much better than Gears 2's maps. Horde is much improved. The graphics are also much better than previous Gears titles. The story was pretty well done also. Overall, a great conclusion to the trilogy.
  95. Nov 18, 2011
    Excellent game, which really shines out from the other third person cover based shooters due to beautiful graphics, a surprisingly touching storyline, a new scale of epicness in the campaign not seen in previous Gears installments, addictive multiplayer, what more is there to say?
  96. Nov 16, 2011
    Amazing game, one of the best i've ever played. The best ending of this incredible saga.
    Be able to play with 4 of my friends coop its a great plus
    Thanks EPIC games for this game.
  97. Nov 15, 2011
    This was the best Gears game ever. I don't understand how people don't like to story to it. It's awesome. Sure you do the same rolling and avoid damage, but a lot of games are like that, like CoD and such. I love this game, and that's my opinion
  98. Nov 15, 2011
    Wow, what a game! Just when you think it can't get any more Epic, they release new and exciting DLC! Horde 2.0 is a an incredible experience, especially if you have a competent team. The campaign is good, but much more enjoyable when playing co-op. If you like GOW & GOW 2, you will really enjoy the final installment!
  99. Nov 15, 2011
    This is hands down the best gears yet! If someone doesn't like this game they just don't like gears of war in general or 3rd person shooters. The best graphics on any console (I cant believe some sights don't mention this), silky smooth m-player now that it is on dedicated servers. Love that it supports 3d too! You just can't go wrong with gears man.

1. Jan 18, 2012
    Rather than the perfect end to a thrilling series, it seemed like the developers were afraid to take real risks with either the story or the gameplay of Gears 3.
  2. Dec 12, 2011
    Gears of War 3 is a solid game and likely worthy of the praise it's received. I just happen to think it falls a bit flat.
  3. An unmissable, unbeatable offering. [Dec 2011, p.95]