7.9

1. Nov 16, 2014
    This is a very good game it is very interesting and fun I didn't expect it would be this very good the weapons are good but the bad thing about it is the missions they could of made it more easier.
  2. Nov 19, 2014
    This game was amazing and all but It wasn't addictive. I would play some missions, quit for a week or a month or so, and come back to play some more. I was amazed when I finally beat the thing probably a year after I bought it. Its a great game to come back to periodically. Add to the rotation.
  3. Nov 23, 2014
    Liberty City has undergone an amazing HD transformation from Grand Theft Auto III, and compared to 3D GTA, GTA IV is huge, although GTA San Andreas is to compete with. The graphics, shooting mechanics and driving physics in the game are a great improvement from previous GTA Games but there are some cons
    The storyline is cliche and not that good. There is a fair share of glitches (Catapult swing set being the funniest) and pop-in is very annoying.
    Also GTA IV has devolved from GTA San Andreas as there are no planes, no diversity like the countryside or the sea and not being able to buy houses.
    Oh and Roman Bellic always calling you asking 'To go bowling' This really sucked. They should add a blocking feature on the phone
    But I still enjoyed this game, I couldn't put it down and so I give this game a strong 6
  4. Dec 1, 2014
    This is nice video-gaming. Lots of things to do, the story folds out pretty well, lots of violence, car crashes, prostitutes and overtime. It's kind of a peculiar game if you think about it. At the beginning you keep wondering why the hell am I going through all these deliveries and stuff. After a couple of hours you have a few contacts and they're not in for anything good and fair. So youThis is nice video-gaming. Lots of things to do, the story folds out pretty well, lots of violence, car crashes, prostitutes and overtime. It's kind of a peculiar game if you think about it. At the beginning you keep wondering why the hell am I going through all these deliveries and stuff. After a couple of hours you have a few contacts and they're not in for anything good and fair. So you decide to come along.

The characters are so well made and wonderfully portrayed. judging this game as simply dumb gaming is somewhat wrong. There's a lot going on for this title to be missed and not looked upon.
    The odd menus and the fact the city sometimes feels dead with nothing actually gameplay-wise interesting to perform. But hey, everyone has its problems, right?
  5. Dec 7, 2014
    I know this is a bit late but, I just had to put this out there. This must seriously be the most overrated game in existence. 98/100 on critics reviews? Seriously??

This is a good game, no doubt, But one of the highest rated of all time? How much did Rockstar pay reviewers for this, I guess none will ever know. This game in no way comes close to the best in the series, Vice City,

This game in no way comes close to the best in the series, Vice City, which was close to perfection, at least in this genre. I just can't fathom what reviewers were thinking.

Again, I'm not hating on the game, it is definitely good, maybe even great. But a masterpiece? I guess the user-reviews are the most reliable source of critics for this game.
  6. Jan 1, 2015
    Overall GTA IV is a good game. It has a good story that keeps you interested for a while. Definitely a must have if you like the Grand Theft Auto series. You play as Niko Bellic a immigrant that gets involved in the criminal world, you have to work your way up as a professional criminal. So get this game if you just love a all around great action/adventure game.
  7. Feb 18, 2015
    MY MOST FAVORITE and MOST memorable Grand Theft Auto in the WHOLE SERIES! THIS WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST ONE AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE BEST GRAND THEFT AUTO HANDS DOWN
  8. Ed_
    Apr 13, 2015
    BEST GTA EVER.

The new GTA 5 is not even comparable to this game.
    Best story, gameplay and you can sympathize with the game character. You get everything.
    Niko is my favorite!

1. It's got a world you believe in, a cast you care about and a script stuffed with brilliant moments... Utterly stunning in every resepct. [May 2008, p.79]
  2. Rockstar have surpassed themselves, delivering unquestionably the definitive GTA and perhaps the greatest videogame of all time. [June 2008]
    I could go on and on about why Grand Theft Auto IV is one of the best games we've ever seen and why even folks who are easily offended should play it, but that would be pointless. The only thing you need to know is that you have to play this game. Period.