8.1

1. Sep 17, 2013
    The definitive GTA release thus far. If you liked the prior GTA titles in the past, you need this game in your PS3 or 360. The flight model and driving physics are rock solid. The story based missions are the best seen in an open world game. R* have really raised the bar. Buy it.
  2. Sep 25, 2013
    Now that GTA V has been out for over a week and people have had time to sink their teeth into the real meat of the game, we can finally start seeing some honest reviews about the experience, from start to finish. It's no surprise that the game is pretty good as reflected by its sales and media buzz, but I feel that all too often the media exaggerates the quality of a game like GTA V and frustrates people that were expecting that kind of quality. GTA V has quite a few problems, actually, and I'm going to bring them to light.

First of all, the visual style of the game is great. Played it on the xbox and was surprised to find some great lighting, a great sense of being in an expansive world, and some stunning looking water with cool displacement physics. Characters, vehicles, and the environment look generally great. It's when you start getting into the countryside that things fall apart. Terrain has gross, tiling textures making up a lot of the landscape with some poorly detailed, sparse vegetation here and there. The desert area simply looks awful. Framerate is at the very least as inconsistent as GTA IV, though the drops are not quite as severe.

The controls are once again a point of issue. On foot and driving controls are generally tighter, but for some reason your ability to free aim has taken a hit, especially in vehicles. Awkward weapon draw times and clunky aiming out of the vehicle makes it impossible to steer and hit your target. The camera doesn't help either. Each character has their own set of skills and abilities that you can upgrade through use of whatever that particular skill requires. Improving these skills didn't seem to have too profound an effect with any character, especially sneaking, which seemed to work brilliantly regardless of how far the skill was progressed. The only real change I may have noticed was weapon reloads becoming slightly faster with shooting upgraded. Big whoop.

Gameplay is solid for a Grand Theft Auto title, but apart from a few cool new setpieces and the more complex structure to heist missions, it's generally the same old drive here shoot this guy sort of deal. Scripted chase scenes are still the absolute worst thing in this game featuring completely invulnerable AI drivers that are always faster than you until some arbitrary point where life is breathed into the husk of the car and you notice the suspension physics taking over. Speaking of heists, they're yet another disappointment. There are only six of them, and all of them have two ways to take your score. Each one has you going around town collecting items and vehicles needed for the gig before actually going for the score. The bad part is that the later heists have you collecting a lot of objects and not doing a whole lot with them in the end. You spend more time preparing than you do actually taking scores! What makes this even more frustrating is the inbetween side missions and activities. Most of the strangers and freaks missions fall prey to boring, formulaic GTA gameplay. Go around searching areas for cars to deliver, or go around searching for something to steal, or just go chase down and kill some dudes, maybe bring something back. Most pay next to nothing, and unless you really enjoy the dialogue in this game so much, there's no real reason to do these. SIde activities bolster stats, but they really just function and that's it.

Notice how I mentioned that getting paid is a problem with side missions? Well, this problem extends to the rest of the game. Outside of missions, there isn't a whole lot you can do to earn cash. Buying property is probably the best way, but to do that you need money to begin with, so until you've done most of the heists (and missions in the game for that matter), you'll probably not really have the money you want to get the things in the game you want. For instance, the very expensive vehicle tuning, which is a luxury you can afford to live without. Then you have the stock market. Other than buying stocks recommended by a character who runs assassination missions and making a little money that way, I stood clear of it.

Now finally, the part everybody loves. The social satire in this game is more often than not hilarious. The only real reason I continued to play this game was because I really got into the writing and the characters. It's not so much that I was doing some of these boring, play-by-numbers missions for the sake of getting through, but so that I could see how the characters would react to whatever crazy thing just happened and what might happen next for this story. Then the game started to progress and I started losing my love for the characters. They really don't undergo any real changes, and sometimes behave in odd, erratic ways that seem like contrivancies to keep the plot moving in a particular direction. Then you have your ye olde Rockstar ending, and I don't have to say anything because it's so obvious what's going to happen. I'll give it a 6/10.
  3. Sep 17, 2013
    Is the GTA most comprehensive of all and the best yet, a video game made ​​to dismiss this generation of consoles, the best game of this generation, a masterpiece.
  4. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA 5 sucks balls. Had to restart 4 times because of servers. I will never play the game again. Why also because I had a house cost 120.000 did not save because of sever. Had a sweet car. Then the server went down. Level 32 The game did not save again because of sever. GTA 5 SUCKS BALLS THANK YOU. Expand
  5. Sep 18, 2013
    The journey of the three protagonists and their pursuit of the dollar in the beautiful, sun-drenched state of San Andreas is a breath taking experience. Quite simply put, this is the best video game I have played for the current generation of consoles.
  6. Sep 19, 2013
    Rockstar did it again. And by that I mean GTA 4.

They put you in a huge game world, with interesting characters, landscape and all that (and even more now with customized weapons and cars). Then they put all of it in the trash because they're not rewarding you for anything, aside from the story missions. It's a complete joke.

Why was Saints Row so fun? Side missions. Why was GTA:SA
    so fun? Side missions. Why was GTA:VC so fun? Side missions. Do I need to go on here?

So you buy this business, and the manager calls you because some guy is robbing you. So you go there and cap the guy. What does that give you? NOTHING. And if you just ignore it, the result is... the same NOTHING. Oh wait, maybe you'll get $15-20 from looting the corpse.

Or you can rob the two car wash stores in town and get $1000, big deal.

Or you can stumble upon some armored truck and rob it for a few grand, if you happen to find them AND if you're lucky.

Or you can invest on the stock market by listening to tips on the radio. Oh my god, who the hell cares?

Oh and some of the businesses you can buy cost a few MILLIONS.

Like GTA:IV, the gameplay is fun and all, but there is NOTHING to do in there. I really hope GTA Online is the sh*znit, otherwise it's the last GTA I'll ever buy (and I have never ever thought I'd say that back in the SA days).
  7. Sep 18, 2013
    First of all, the main reason this game is getting over 100 negative user reviews is probably because of PC "master racers" who are pissed that for once the consoles got this GLORIOUS game before they did (to them, I say get over it; you'll get a half assed PC port soon enough that you can mod the living daylights out of eventually. Shut up and let us enjoy our 360s and PS3s for once without you all over yourselves). That said, this is also one of the few times I'd give a game a perfect score: there is so much to do in this game, there is so much detail in this world and every single object in it (buildings, cars, people, the writing; it just goes on), and I've yet to find a single activity that I haven't enjoyed (aside from a slightly annoying GPS and menu system). Is for mature audiences? Yes. Is used so often in conversation that white people are going to have to retrain themselves for when it's acceptable to use that word? OH yes. Is it also something that demands your respect, and that you can tell Rockstar poured their souls into making it as good as possible? YES. And with GTA Online coming two weeks from the original release (and time of writing), I highly doubt that gamers are going to stop talking about this anytime soon. Expand
  8. Sep 19, 2013
    The best GTA game so far. From going underwater to starting a business to endless pedestrian killing, this game never loses fun and is a legend in sandbox gaming.
  9. Sep 17, 2013
    .........................................WHY ARE YOU GUYS/LADIES reading my review? You should be BUYING THIS GAME and playing it RIGHT NOW! My review is very simple.. the graphics are...REALISTIC AND PHENOMENAL! The story is EPIC, the gameplay is legendary, the missions are fun, and there is just so much innovation in this game. The Microtransactions are not the GREATEST idea in the world but at least it is not FORCED upon gamers unlike some games (EA). This game is going to force GAME COMPANIES to work a lot harder on their titles because NOW they have some serious competition! So take ALL of your previous GTA games and just sell them, throw them away or store them away becasue GTA V is all you need everyone! SO WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE??? BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!! 10/10!! And WHO HAS THE BALLS.... TO RATE THIS MASTERPIECE LOWER THAN A 10?? Oh and Saints Row IV... BEWARE!! Expand
  10. Sep 17, 2013
    Amazing game! Anyone that says otherwise is clearly lying... Great game, lots to do, you'll never run out of stuff to do.

Definitely getting it again for PS4, can't wait till GTA Online
  11. Sep 17, 2013
    "pc" holes. I've got to say I've been enjoying every single piece of GTA 5 so far. Radios take me back, once I found Groove Street I could guide myself through the entire city and the new mechanics are amazingly improved comparing to GTA IV which in my opinion was really overrated.
  12. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is by far the best of the GTA-games. It's BIG world, play area or what you want to call it is enormous. Great story, even if it isn't that originell... but I guess it's quite hard to think of something that hasn't been done before. Everything is cliché today.
  13. Sep 19, 2013
    This is a 10 rating to balance out the idiotic 0 star reviews from jealous PC users. Go win some hats in TF2 and piss off with your unfair reviews. Game gets a 10 obviously, best game of the year.
  14. Sep 18, 2013
    One of the greatest games I've played in my life. The massive scale of the world along with the story make for a ridiculous amount of things to do. How can people say that they added nothing new? The three character story is something I haven't seen before and makes for a dynamic story. the improved shooting and driving makes the game feel so much better than gta4.
  15. Sep 17, 2013
    The transmission between the characters is well made, the city and the surroundings look absolutely stunning, the story line is compelling. Gta V simply is one amazing game!
  16. Sep 17, 2013
    Its a great game. Not the second coming. It doesn't have many new features but has refined the GTA IV formula perfectly. This is clearly the peak of the hardware platforms as graphically it struggles to pull off its ambition. Technically its superb but I keep thinking that it is a damn shame they had to 'tech down'.

Best game ever? no, but it could have been a 'Best gamer ever? Yes!' if
    it was on newer hardware.

But everyone should experience this cool, smart and HUGE world.

17. Sep 17, 2013
    If you're worried that this might be another over-hyped release of a sub-par product, coasting on the success of its big-name predecessors as is all too common these days you can rest easy: if you like any of the previous GTAs, you will love this. It has everything it should and more, taking the best elements of the core mechanics and plot from GTA 4 and re-adding (and improving further) the vast array of peripheral activities and huge non-linear world to get lost in.

And if you're new to the series, this is a great game in its own right. At it's core, it's just really fun to play, whether you're driving around the countryside aimlessly or getting sucked into one of the many, varied plot strands.

All of the mechanics and graphics have been polished to death. I actually can't imagine a game looking better on the Xbox, and the physics feel like a hyper-fun version of reality, which is exactly as it should be. It's super-accessible with just the right dash of realism to keep it grounded.

There are too many features and improvements to describe in full here, but in a nutshell:

- Really fun core mechanics.
    - Gorgeous, huge, painstakingly crafted world to explore
    - Absorbing plots and varied missions
    - Ridiculous number of sub-games, tasks and activities, woven seamlessly into the core game
    - Genuinely funny, satirical undertone to everything

At time of posting this has a user score of 8.0, which is criminally low for a game which is about as good as I can imagine there being on the Xbox. Wanting a PC release because you know this is a good game is not a reason to give this 0/10 in the Xbox section, dummy.
  18. Sep 18, 2013
    Anyone that is giving this game a poor score is a complete deluded hipster, this game is an absolute masterpiece and i've only been playing it for one day!! It looks amazing, it's so funny, some of the videos had me in stitches especially lamar. The cars drive properly and everywhere you go there is something going on it feels like a real world. Hats off to rockstar for not selling themselves out with false promises becuase this delivers on every aspect. Expand
  19. Sep 17, 2013
    Look at all these butthurt pc gamers. Anyone who has played the game knows its a 10/10. You can all go cry and play Watch dogs while we play the superior game.
  20. Oct 16, 2013
    Doesn't live up to the hype. If you enjoy a game that is absolute trash, then heck this game should be a 10/10 for you omg!!!1111 but no sadly I do not like absolute dog so this game is a 0.
  21. Sep 17, 2013
    Despite the banning of many many accounts for the low marks (not the high ones I notice) this game deserves a solid 7. Not the best graphics you will ever see, not the best strory ever. Frame rate issues and lots of clipping and pop-in!! Woeful voice acting. With all this, a good game, solid and enhances the series. But can anyone contest the issues I have said? If it has the aforementioned issues how can it possibly be a 10? Make your own minds up as to the honesty of this industry. Expand
  22. Sep 17, 2013
    This is by far the best of all the GTAs. driving is smoother more responsive, shooting is somewhat improved the reticle could've been thought out a little more. I think the map should of been transparent and blown up in the top middle of the screen when driving, so you can focus on your driving. Awesome game.
  23. Sep 17, 2013
    The best game ever created, the city is perfect, it's as if the game continued even with the console off, I venture to say that this is the best game ever made, congratulations ROCKSTAR GAMES

GOTY 2013
  24. Sep 17, 2013
    Rockstar has done it again. I will definitely be buying all the DLC and playing this amazing game for months to come. I'm not sure why there are so many low reviews but I guess haters gotta hate
  25. Sep 18, 2013
    After playing this game for 10 minutes i couldnt help but fondle my nuts. Me and ma boi Jow also known as hottdawg hit up da streetz itz da 1 tym. If you like Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance, you will love this game. Fantastic local couch play with 1-4 players. Its nice to find another game in this genre combining the local co-op again. So much loot and monsters to kill; its never ending fun
  26. Sep 18, 2013
    Simply the best game on this generation. Its so much fun to play this game, it never gets boring and you can do everything and anything! Best GTA ever, and probably the best game ever. You just must have it! There’s no better time than this to use the word masterwork: Rockstar did a colossal job creating a huge, visually stunning world chiseled in its finest details, populated by brilliant characters and with highly spectacular and varied gameplay. the city is spectaular and massive it would take solid days to explore, i just cant stress enough how amazing this game is, five years well spent i say! Expand
  27. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is so freaking good. Its pathetic of some people to rate this game low because it's not on pc yet, basically they havent played it. I will get this game on pc if it makes its way onto it however it is not a reason to rate it low.
  28. Sep 18, 2013
    It is certainly the MOTHER OF ALL GAMES. The game of the century, that's until GTA 6 comes out but this is definitely the BEST game on earth.The graphics are amazing and the feel of the game play especially when driving is fantastic. There is so much detail about every small little thing! Rockstar have been making amazing games and this a BLOCKBUSTER.
  29. Sep 18, 2013
    This is absolutely the best game I have ever played. Obviously, don't pay attention to the troll "0" reviews from people desperate for clicks on their profiles.
  30. Sep 18, 2013
    This game has just about everything you could ever want and think of, and it's only going to get better once Online comes out the 1st of October and Rockstar can add the things that it intentionally left out to make sure it was the most perfect launch possible. I can already see where they've laid the foundation on certain things (the basketball courts, the convenience stores, and other various places) and they'll make those available to us as the time passes through the update and DLC content they make available. Everyone who is posting negative reviews, either hasn't played the game or suck at playing the game. Don't formulate an opinion until you play it for yourself, cause you just might be missing out on the greatest game of all time. Expand
  31. Sep 18, 2013
    It's unfair go give this game "1" score just because it's console exclusive. Eat I'm also PC gamer, I play more on PC than Xbox. But how can you release such a good game on PC, when 80 will download it for free.

This game deserves for 9 vote, but if PC fanboys can give 1, I'll give 10. Screw ya

///Sorry for my poor english.
  32. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is absolutely phenomenal. If you thought GTA IV was an amazing game, you'll think GTA V is an absolute masterpiece. The GTA world in this game is huge and never ending. I swear you could drive for hours and hours at a time and still have plenty of areas to explore. I have played GTA V for about 20 hours total and I have yet to even scratch the surface of this game.
  33. Sep 18, 2013
    Absolutely amazing gameplay, story is great and gameplay in Los Santos last forever it seems and this is all in just single player, I can't wait for the online portion to come out. Great Game Rockstar!!! Worth every penny!!
  34. Sep 19, 2013
    Clearly the best GTA game i have ever played. The world's large, massive and amazing. So many features to explore. The Online features makes the game even more amazing. Rockstar Games's best release ever. I appreciate all their hardwork in making a superb game like this Thank you Rockstar Games!
  35. Sep 19, 2013
    This game is just AMAZING! amazing storyline, Great missions, alot of things to do, it's muuuuch more better than GTA IV and even better than San Andreas, This game is what I was expecting and I'm sure this will be the game of the year
  36. Sep 22, 2013
    Let me first start off saying, ignore the crappy one star reviews, which are just fake reviews hating on a game that he or she has never played yet, they're just haters trolling the Amazon and Metacritic user review section..
    Now then, the game is the absolute masterpiece that many suspected it would be with it capitalizing on GTA IV's efforts, bringing back in some parts of San Andreas
    and effectively blowing it out of the water. The shooting has been refined to the likes of Max Payne (without the slow mo diving of course), shooting results in realistic reactions from enemies and never becomes tiresome due to the medium difficulty and A.I. in the game and awesome physics.
    The level design is spot on with outlandish action including the character switching and special abilities within the missions. But it does have one minor flaw. Sometimes you might get a mission failed for performing an action that the game didn't plan for you to do, hence scripted events. This is a very minor flaw but is noticeable.
    My favorite part of the game is the story itself which feature three very distinct protagonists with different motives. The most outlandish would be Trevor, though he may be hated upon due to an action he performs when you first meet him. For many, he may be extremely fun but he will also be the one that is hardest to relate to the most. He is a psychopath and he knows it and it doesn't stop from being judgemental and letting everyone else know what's wrong with them. He is the character who knows he's trash and he deals with it by doing what he does best. Causing chaos. The intertwining stories are spectacular and is a delightful contrast with its dark violent somewhat upbeat action comedy drama to GTA IV's dark, moody, and violent drama on the depiction of the supposed American dream in the eyes of a disappointed man (though they're both different, both stories are a tie for me in terms of which is best.)
    The game does a great job at making you feel like you are part of the world within GTA 5 with its side missions, radio shows for everyone's taste in music and spectacular scope and visuals in general.
    The game pushes the barrier in violence and makes no excuse for it, as it should be. Though there is a mission that I found in bad taste that rose a lot of controversy. Eventually as I thought more on it, I understood the meaning of that one scene, but in the end, I will still dread coming across that scene in my next playthrough.

If you are a fan of crime dramas, character study and development, satirical comedies, or in playing something that has a story that no other game company has accomplished before, then buy this game and I guarantee once you put a few hours into it, it will be one of your best games of all time, as it is mine. 5/5 and 10/10 for me. Not an exaggeration.
  37. Sep 18, 2013
    I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that this game is "where GTA 4 should have been", and that it's just a sub-par sequel unfortunately placed at the end of a console generation. People saying that GTA5 included things that GTA4 should have had, but they exluded due to laziness, or marketing strategy... What?

First off, this is thee most expensive video game ever made at $266
    million, whereas GTA4 was right around $100 million. There's a reason that they couldn't include intricacies like planes, semi-truck trailers, or drivable crashable trains; they spent their budget bring it to next-gen hardware, with which they did a remarkable job considering the circumstances.

As far as my 10/10 score, this game has brought all the things I loved from all previous Rockstar games, including Red Dead Redemption's improved movement mechanics and weapon wheel, Max Payne 3's improved shooting mechanics, Midnight Club LA's vehicular customization and on-road handling, GTA4's introduction to the Euphoria engine, and, well... Rockstar's Table Tennis's tennis mechanic (ok the appreciation of that was a joke, but don't be fooled because those methods were still incorporated).

Arguably, the production cost of this game surpassed the $266 million quote we were given just on the sole merit that everything from this game was pulled from the best of their previous games, meaning that Rockstar's entire history of games has been a research and development process just to deliver their magnum opus; Grand Theft Auto 5.

I own a gaming PC, why? For insane graphics. Am I complaining about the graphics on the 360? No. I, unlike many PC enthusiast wannabes, understand that the visuals that are able to be pumped out on an elderly console generation is... miraculous. Considering the limitations, the aesthetics are beyond amazing, and it was breathtaking when I drove into Los Santos for the first time from the mountains.

There are only two minor complaints that I have, but not enough to ding my score of the game. 1) the mountains surrounding Los Santos appear to be a little less detailed that I would have thought. It's a tiny bit immersion-removing because when you're walking or driving on it, it feels like a polygon with a grass texture, rather than a mountain. 2) The transition time between the playable characters takes roughly 3-4 times longer than advertised on the gameplay trailer. It zooms out quickly, moves over quickly, but then sits there for 5-10 seconds while it loads and populates the area before zooming in.

Overall, I think it is thee most memorable game I will have ever played, and arguably the best game ever made.
  38. Sep 18, 2013
    Simply put, GTA V improves upon what has worked in the past and gives us more than enough to keep things fresh. From the polish, to the content, to the detail, to the storyline there's not much this game doesn't have mastered. I could go on and on about the things i do like but i think it's better if i go through what i don't like... nothing. GTA V is a prime example of a company putting time and effort into their game. Just like Bethesda, Rockstar is one of the few video game companies left that takes pride in their product and goes above and beyond expectations. There is no doubt in my mind GTA V is the best game of the Xbox 360 era and most certainly the best GTA to date. Once again Rockstar sets new standards and puts everyone else to shame. Expand
  39. Sep 17, 2013
    for those who give 0's and 3's, please check yourselves in a mental institute, do something good for mankind!! this game is the new benchmark for open world games, if not the best open world game of this generation and previous too. the only downside for me is, this game is so packed with content and my time to play isnt ilimited, i started to play and looked at the clock, it was 9h later..... and i barely did 6 out of 69 main missions xD i see many PC gamers just being juvenile, well i do own a high-end PC too, ps3 too and obviously 360, but when i hear "pc is huge market" well........ it proves the ignorance..... yes PC is hardware superior, no doubts but as gaming platform it have a very tiny slice, meanwhile you see games selling 3/5m on each console platform, on PC you'll see 200k PC is expensive to build and its very troublesome regarding bugs and glitches....... Expand
  40. Sep 17, 2013
    Why do people like to troll the user scores of every single big game is beyond me! Why the jealousy!!? Anyway.. I'm talking as a fan so excuse me if I seem a bit biased, but believe me, this game is PERFECT! It's the best game I have played since Red Dead Redemption! GTA V is so ambitious it might frustrate you! So many things to do, a huuuuuuuuuge map, a very good and long storyline. Amazing graphics. Everything is perfect! Expand
  41. Sep 18, 2013
    They game is great! I love the story, the mechanics, the driving mechanics are superb! the graphics are also amazing for being on a 8 year old system.
  42. Sep 17, 2013
    Okay so I've been playing this game for a whole day straight, I never got bored for a millisecond. The vehicle handling has improved like crazy. Unlike GTA IV, that had a glimpse of repeating the same thing in missions (just a glimpse) but this game has 0 out of 10 when it comes to repeating stuff, there's a lot to do (a lot). Missions are exiting, sometimes, in cut scenes I felt like I'm watching a good comic-action-thriller film, it's written incredibly smart. The game looks gorgeous, it's one of those games that will blow your mind, even on old 8 year old consoles. Loading screens are a bit long, but it's really nothing that should really bother you. The game is smooth, runs great, my console worked hard all day because I've been playing this all day, but nothing has changed, the game is still smooth and beautiful. The detail in Los Santos is amazing, it's hard to believe the game is only 16 GBs. The 'three protagonists' idea is works like a charm, and its' very funny sometimes. Character customization, is good, you don't have a lot to choose from when it comes to haircuts and beards (maybe some will be unlocked later in the game) but clothes look good on you, there's no texture problems and the choose is very colorful. And now for the characters: Michael, is a miserable, rich, family man, with a horrible shrink. He is suffering his 'midlife crisis' or 'family hatred'. He has his skill similar to Max Payne's 'bullet time'. (and you can actually make him look like Max Payne) Franklin is a CJ type gangster, his special skill is he can slow time while driving, and handle VERY well. And finally Trevor, he is a psychopath, absolutely crazy, I think the most ridiculous character the open world genre has ever seen. Mercy is not on his vocabulary. His special skill is to go crazy! He can take less damage and deal a lot more damage, while the screen is red, and you can hear him screaming out of joy.

So I think I covered everything I could, this game is just loads of fun, everyone should get it, whether you are a shooter type guy, a driver, or just a looker at the graphics, I give this game a 10/10 with joy, Rockstar has done it again.
  43. Sep 19, 2013
    Is it "the best game"? Doubt it. Does it have a place on top ten games in gaming history? No. Maybe in top 10 games for this generation. But while we remember the best games of C64 or NES, some old PC gamers remember what they have played on their first XT, XBOX 360 can be quickly forgotten. And I am sure as hell, we will see GTA 6 on XBOX One.

What makes GTA 5 so important then? The
    fact that when everyone streamlines and dumbs down games we see record sales from a game that does something else, and tries to offer more and more depth. No budget cuts, no "always online" requirement, no tricks to force people to buy. It simply delivers quality and people buy it.

It is a shining example of how things should be done.

But it isn't much more. People say "rehash" and name only the tennis and the 3 characters as new. Well, and you have a brand new story, it is longer than an RPG. The world is more detailed than ever. And whats even better guys. But modern day GTAs are famous as art as well, because how they portray values of the western world. And hey, we have a real american family.

But lets check one big change: How we can choose between different tactics, how it increases replay value. I am sure most of the reviews missed this point as well. Do you like this change? I do. And it shows that each and every GTA has something new. Something new, useful, and valuable. This is why a lot of people can preorder it anytime.
  44. Sep 20, 2013
    While Grand Theft Auto V adds so much more it also takes some things away that may disappoint and frustrate. So back to Los Santos and San Andreas after 9 long years. So is Grand Theft Auto V better than San Andreas? Nope. It lacks the magic that San Andreas had and the story isn't as good. So is it better than Grand Theft Auto IV? Debatable, depends on what you like. The story isn't as good as Grand Theft Auto IV. So does it have better graphics? Being a 32yr old console gamer who has been gaming since gaming began, i can tell you that GTAV not only looks better, 95% of it looks incredible. It really is amazing that this game runs on current gen, what with the insane ammount of content, detail and huge map. It really is the most ambitious game ever created and shows how Rockstar North in the UK are head and shoulders above all other developers by a loooong way. So i said 95% looks incredible, but what about the other 5%? The 5% that doesn't look "as great" is the grass and muddy terrain in the blaine country areas. The wooden shacks etc remind me of the game Alan Wake, but it looks better than Alan Wake (and Alan Wake looks amazing) the grass and mud etc look better than Alan wake, and the trees and foliage look wayyyy better. Also flowers, bushes and long grass will part or flatten when you run through or over them. It's full of neat little touches as usual. Everything else looks incredibly detailed, even butterflies have great detail. The lighting, weather effects and water is just insanely good. So many different types of water and you can't tell where one ends and other begins (Far Cry 3 i'm looking at you) everything is connected smoothley with no visible join lines at all. Even the animals look and move great, as do the characters etc. The thunder and lightning weather effects will make you spill your tea. So does it resemble San Andreas? A little bit. Obviously Rockstar added the character Franklin (who resembles CJ) and the baller gangs etc to add that nostalgic San Andreas feel. The map itself is totally different though, so you won't find too many locations from San Andreas in GTAV apart from the Las Venturas sign and other main landmarks. Gameplay is the same but refined to make things much more fluid and smooth, animations and everything are top notch. While GTAIV went down the serious road, GTAV goes down the fun San Andreas road, which is great and a lot of fun like San Andreas. Audio is also incredible, especially through home cinema system, everything feels and sounds so alive it's impressive. There are also plenty of radio stations and hidden British humour hidden around the map and on the radio stations and TV etc as per usual. The story isn't the best, it's a bit hit and miss and often contradicts itself which is a shame. And some of the voice acting is a bit poo, although fantastic for the most part. For instance, while escaping from the cops my passenger often yelled that the cops were still on us. My character Michael responded with the same 2 lines over and over far too much "Relax i can handle it" "I'll handle this" it became annoying real quick as he repeated those 2 lines every second or so for 3 or 4 minutes. The way he says it is bad voice work too. Luckily it hasn't happened anywhere else in the game mind. So, on to other problems? This is a BIG killer for me. The cardamage has been scaled wayyyyyyy down from GTAIV. The damage in GTAIV was impressive and perfect. In GTAV the cars can take way more punishment and often come out with no signs of damage, even when rolling down a moutain or colliding head on with another car. There is damage, skirts, bonnets and doors will fall off, it just takes a hell of a lot to get them to fall off. You can hit a another car real hard only for the glass to smash and leave nothing but a scratch or broken headlight on both cars. This is a real anoyyance for me. I loved how the cars crumpled up so realisticly in GTAIV. So hopefully Rockstar will make a patch to correct it. It really is bad! Also bike handling is bordering on laughable. Quad bikes hand just like San Andreas, while Motor Cross and other bikes handle real arcady and similar to Driv3r. This spoils it for me as the bikes were always my favourite mode of transportation, but now i hate them. A lot of people have complained about the car handling. I can see why they complain as it is similar but twitchy/arcadey, but i personally got used to the cars real quick, it's just the bikes i can't get sed too. All cars have their own handling style too. Another little anoyyance for me is when driving head on in traffic. In GTAIV they bipped their horns and flashed their lights. In GTAV they just bip their horn. Considering the GTA franchise prides itself on adding as much detail as possible, little details like this are missed, especially when they were in GTAIV. I've found myself missing a few little details from GTAIV like that. Patch the damage and Bike handling etc and this gets a 10. Expand
  45. Sep 18, 2013
    The best GTA yet. It starts you right off into the action and keeps it going without getting in the way of you exploring the vast world. Would highly recommend for anyone who enjoyed the previous GTAs.
  46. Sep 17, 2013
    Everything about this game is top-notch,the graphics,the story,the gameplay.This game is AMAZING,one of the best games ever made and the best GTA game.
  47. Sep 22, 2013
    GOTY Subito

Personally, GTA5 was the best game of this year. Although it misses some of serious issues that GTA4 took, I can clearly say that you will be going to enjoy this game.
  48. Sep 21, 2013
    I've been playing GTA games since 2001. After playing GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas i was satisfied and ready to move on. There is so much hype around this version. The shooting mechanics and controls are clunky and lame. The cars don't have enough burst of speed. By now Rock Star should make sure everything is polished before release. I don't need another GTA game. I've done everything i could ever think of with the 3 versions i have. Expand
  49. Sep 17, 2013
    Brilliant game this.
    On another note, do not go by the negative votes; those are mostly from the SAME person who is a butthurt fan of whatever series that he loves.
  50. Sep 23, 2013
    Astounding videogame. I am a huge fan of the GTA series and have been for many years now. I came into this game with extremely high expectations and it delivered. The graphics are amazing, especially considering the sheer scale and size of the game. The missions are varied and fun, and there's always something to do. Whether it's racing,hunting,underwater diving,flying airplanes or simply going on a murderous rampage. The three protagonists(Michael,Trevor,Franklin) are all interesting and fun to play as. The soundtrack is top notch. The gameplay is fluid and an improvement over previous GTA's. It's just an incredibly fun game to play. I give the game an amazing 9.5/10. Expand
  51. Sep 19, 2013
    Good game-play wise, graphics look a bit crap. a lot of GTA IV mods look way better, but gets 6 because items magically appearing when driving fast is very annoying if they fix that then I would give 9/10.
  52. Sep 17, 2013
    It really doesn't get any better than this. The world has changed a lot since GTA IV and this game is again ahead of its time. People who vote 0 because its not on PC etc should have votes removed by moderators and allow people with xbox version to vote on it.
  53. Sep 18, 2013
    Rockstar has created the crowning achievement of this generation. A true Swan Song as we near the end of this incredible console life-cycle.

Not only one of the best games of this year, it's one of the best games ever made.

Enjoy.
  54. Sep 18, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is an awesome game its way better than 4 because the story is so much better because there's 3 characters instead of one so different stories that go together. there's so much you can do in GTA 5 that when i started playing i didn't know where to go you can play tennis, race etc. Now the map, the map is extremely huge its twice thee size of gta 4's map, there's wilderness you can hunt animals Expand
  55. Sep 19, 2013
    Pro: Best Open World experience in gaming history, nice graphics, good sound and music
    Contra: Boring story, incredibly bland and uninteresting characters, the game cant decide if it wants to be serious or like Saints Row.
    In conclusion: Good, but worse than GTA IV.
  56. Sep 17, 2013
    First of all, I really liked the game, and I'm not a hater... but I think that getting a 10 is too much for the game overall. The amount of things that you can do is tremendous, but also the amount of bugs. Regarding graphics, they are "good" (for a 256mb console), but I cannot give them a 10 remembering graphics of metro:last light, uncharted 2/3, gears of war: judgement or the last of us.

Finally, the IA is not very good, and there is a lot of scripted issues along the game. So that's why I think that a 7/10 is appropriate.
  57. Sep 18, 2013
    I hate these retards giving it a low score just because it's not for pc, I mean come on! This game is amazing with superb graphics, a great story and interesting missions with replay value. It's a huge detailed world which is satisfying to explore.
  58. Sep 19, 2013
    I am not kidding when I say that GTA V is the best GTA game ever. It's essentially San Andreas with prettier graphics, awesome heists, and 3 lead characters.
    I wont even say anything else you need to experience GTA V for yourself.
  59. Oct 14, 2013
    gta online 3 characters deleted.... why do any game companys go near cloud....... its just when u put 20 hours into a char x3 and have them deleted every time
  60. Oct 29, 2013
    Yet another dissapointment this year.
    This game could have been so much more.
    crews are pointles.
    you'd have thought that gangwarfare between crews would have been staring them in the face?
    there are no features for crews whatsoever.

missions are repetative at best.
    its extremely glitchy still.
    features missing that have been around since 2001
  61. Sep 17, 2013
    in my vision, it's like sleeping dogs, bur is the best gta EVER, love it love it
    waiting for my play station for play this game, here we gooo best game man, best game!
  62. Sep 19, 2013
    Incredible game! Rockstar have done it again, creating a real living world and providing a fun experience. Ignore the low reviews this is really something!
  63. Sep 17, 2013
    Mind-blowing, the size and detail of the world will leave you wondering how they ever managed it. All physics have been overhauled so nothing feels awkward or jumpy, whether on foot, driving, in a shootout, it all feels slick and easy to handle. The driving in particular is a lot better than previous versions, it feels more like the early 'Driver' games than GTA. Some stealth sections play a lot like Manhunt, which is a nice touch. Being able to drop in on any of the 3 main characters at any point is great fun. I can not comment on the on-line side of the game yet, but the single player has to be played to be believed.......... 10/10 Expand
  64. Sep 17, 2013
    People are not so set idiosyncrasies grade of 0 and no other reviews that have been written by retarded morons so to speak, rating a game with a 0, only poor people living reviews you well, this is a great game, much better than the gta 4 since in this release fix the mistakes they made in the first, I must emphasize the great mapping is the best, and of course its great duration that is appreciated. Expand
  65. Sep 17, 2013
    I made an account just to say this. Do not listen to the negative reviews. I'm sure that 90% of them havent even played the game and are just rating it bad because it is not on PC. The game is a modern masterpiece. The world is huge, the writing is funny and believable and the graphics are GREAT for 7 year old hardware. If you haven't already, buy it.
  66. Sep 17, 2013
    this game is pretty so detailed the cities and everything. 3 characters 3x the fun. This game has so much freedom. This game has improved so much from the previus game gta iv. the driving mechanic, more freedom. Seriously alot of freedom. It's like real life simulator but it's limited by technology. Rockstar must've put a huge budget into this game. 10/10 coming from a dedicated CoD player
  67. Sep 17, 2013
    I love this game!It's amazing how fun it is,everything is so well done and fantastic,GTA IV is a joke compared to this masterpiece,if you enjoyed any past GTA games,you will love this one,because is the best GTA so far.
  68. Sep 18, 2013
    I've waited years for this. This is not a game, this is an experience. My life has just been upgraded thanks to this masterpiece. This is the best thing that's ever happened to me since Friday night, when I managed to pull some bird that's 10 years older than me and smash her back doors in and she crapped all over the place. True story. Fun times. Peace out. QJ.
  69. Sep 18, 2013
    I bet with all of you that 80% of the people who low-rated this game never played it before. It's kind of funny how they blame this masterpiece because there's no good arguments. Just some haters doing what they do best: hating something.

To say: this game is amazing at all. All its details are well designed: the story, the map, the atmosphere, the cars... EVERYTHING!

This game will
    be the GOTY 2013 easily because everything deserves it and this isn't overrating, okay?

Play this game with your mind open, feels the entertainment inside you and then you'll understand how amazing this game is.

Rockstar, two things that I want to say to you: thanks and congratulations!
  70. Sep 18, 2013
    Hey Hey people who say it's the same as GTA 4, have you actually played the missions? I haven't gotten far in but already, I can see it's a huge improvement from gta 4. I feel a lot of these bad reviews is because it's on current gen consoles, and also cause it's not on pc. A good review rates the game, not the platform the game is on. Also, it's been in dev for 5 years, they're not just gonna take 5 years of dev time and bring it to next gen that quickly. And the pc thing, yes it sucks. But that doesn't mean the game sucks. Expand
  71. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA deserves a higher score than an 8.1 since this game is simply brilliant and beautiful.
    It's an awesome game for this gen wonder what it will be like on next or pc?
  72. Sep 18, 2013
    I think it's funny how people come on here and gives this game a zero. 99% of the people that gave it such a low rating did so because of one of two reasons: 1. They only have a PC and are mad it's not out yet. 2. They are obviously autistic and their mom and dad won't let them get the game because they are afraid their child will cause the next sandy hook massacre.
  73. Sep 19, 2013
    Well I can sure as hell say this is the game you have all been waiting for. Say good bye to commitments, work, uni anything else cause this is the game of the decade.

Much improved in all areas (shooting unbelievable if you recall Red dead redemption you will be in for a treat) Driving (once you get used to the handling its rather excellent also much improved from GTAIV, Yes some
    vehicles do vary in terms of handling but once you tune them up at a customs shop, its an issue of the past) Gameplay Unbelievable, there's really not much more to say its F****** epic Replayability Well need I say more its GTA for gods sakes)

Overall an excellent Game I'm personally about 10 hours in and so far i'm loving it. As to all the haters you all To the rest definitely worth the $60 for over 200+ hours worth of fun Need I say more for when Gta Online comes out in october, Check ****ing mate
  74. Sep 19, 2013
    Okay, before you call me a fanboy this game is amazing! Please don't listen to the guys who just hate on its graphics. Voice acting is brilliant, gameplay is smooth, great storyline, enhanced mechanics and pretty much everything else has been improved on. There is so much to do and explore! Randomly generated events and freaks will give you tons of side missions to do. There are so many mini games and jobs. Heists are thrilling and offer HIGH replay ability. The only thing I don't like are the shooting mechanics and the new cop evasion system. Anyway, I beg of you to buy this game and make your life better it will be the game to play especially when GTA Online debuts. Expand
  75. Sep 19, 2013
    I really don't know if I'm playing the same game as some users... I can't imagine how some human being didn't like this game. This is the greatest production I've ever seen in a game. Great history, great characters, best physics ever, fluid gameplay and, well, all that freedom that only GTA brings to us. All the best things of all games of the franchise are present. Congratulations, Rockstar. You made it... again! Expand
  76. Sep 20, 2013
    Easily the greatest game of this generation. They have managed to get so much out of the console with this game yet still get a decent frame rate all though I did see some pop in but you have to remember this is an 8 year old console so if you have to blame anything it should be that.

The story is great and if you watch the cut-scenes and listen to the characters talk you get more of
    the back story as you play through the game.

Some other reviews criticise the content of the game but appear to overlook the usual GTA satire on offer as if it never existed before.

If you want to play a driving simulator go and play Forza, if you want to play a shooting game, go and play COD but if you want to play a game which offers you most of the things you want in one game with a stunning setting then leave GTA in your DVD drive.
  77. Sep 20, 2013
    This is the first review I've ever written for a game on my decades on this planet. I've read through probably hundreds of reviews before deciding to spend my hard earned cash on this game, mainly because I was so dissapointed with the previous GTA IV. I have never seen so much high praise for a game, ever. I have also never seen so much hopeless and useless bashing of a game (more on that in a moment). All of the things I felt needed fixing in GTA IV, they fixed, especially the driving mechanics. The first few hours I spent playing GTA V, were some of the most fun I've EVER had playing a game. Fantastic player control, humorous, well executed and convincing commentary, incredible ambient sound and amazing music. The graphics are incredibly polished and like others have said, quite an accomplishment for the 360. Many people are bashing this game for seemingly pointless reasons. Some, because they want attention, some because of jealousy and some because they are just hopelessly ignorant. I say look at user score distribution. Even the people trying their best to pull the rating down for ratings sake are still failing as of this review. Finally, I will confirm as I have read again and again in the last few days that this IS one of the best games ever made and quite possibly the best game that i've played in my life. That is spanning 24 years of gaming, 12+ systems and hundreds of games. The Cake is Done. Enjoy! Expand
  78. Sep 22, 2013
    Innovation? improved graphics? improved physics? clunky controls make it impossible to aim without overshooting nearly every enemy you aim at. Driving feels like L.A. Noire meets midnight club, its like all the cars are driving along invisible rails instead of feeling like they are actually driving along a road. Only the character animations have improved, car crashes look worse than in GTA 4 with little to almost no body damage to the cars. The story feels way to over the top, most of the dialogue is cliche at best, no multiplayer on day 1 release. Oh and the heists... nothing innovative here just scripted action sequences, pay day 2 has better heist mechanics than this garbage. Also lets not forget the horrible frame rate stuttering and pop in. Expand
  79. Sep 22, 2013
    As I played it, I just didn't feel the magic, it just felt, recycled, to the extent that I felt like I was playing a reskin.
    Whilst a must for newcomers, I can't help but feel that die hard fans, or fans of the series, who have kept up with the series, won't feel anything new.
    I give it a 6.
  80. Sep 24, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is the worst game in the franchise. With one fell swoop, Rockstar takes away the soul of every good GTA game, freedom. Essentially, this game tried so hard to mimic reality that it was its downfall. GTA games aren't supposed to be like real life, that's what was so fun about the other games. Not being able to fire your weapon anywhere, only certain characters being able to buy certain properties, and the police contribute to the games sense of limiting personal freedom. The storyline and the graphics are the only good things about this game, which is probably the sole determinants of most of these reviews claiming the game is perfect. Selecting a weapon or radio station is unnecessarily difficult due to the Saint's Row-esque wheel. What was wrong with the previous controls? Playing this game seemed like an obligation. Continuing on the hamster wheel of mission after mission with little other options. The lack of available cheat codes sends an unmistakable message of you, do it our way'. As a GTA faithful since GTA III, this game is disappointing to say the least. Rockstar tried to make this game too real, and too much like Saint's Row, and by doing so, crushed the free spirit found in all of the previous Grand Theft Auto games Expand
  81. Sep 24, 2013
    GTA 5 is a quality game. Disappointed with the lack of buildings you can enter and random character interaction (was hoping for a few more choices when talking 2 random people on the street). 10/10 story in comparison with GTA 4.
    This game had fans of San Andreas in mind. Although the freedom you have in 5 is lacking in comparison 2 SA.
    Worth every bit of $88 nzd price tag.
  82. Oct 7, 2013
    GTA online is Total utter changed my score from an 8 to a 0 just because of how bad online is and the lack of community communication by rockstar of how they are going to address these issues. the fanboy's if you put a EA logo on this game instead of a R* one people would be losing their Probably rioting outside their office. That was a joke but still people would be pretty ****ing pissed
  83. Oct 6, 2013
    A pretty sucks balls game is already overvalued with optical, but without fun to do and absolutely. I must admit that I stopped after 35% of the story continue to play consistently. I have no desire

GTA online sucks boring
  84. Oct 7, 2013
    too much like the saints row series and too much of the same game to me...i feel like it is way too repetitive with little improvements but nothing extraordinary...i guess i'm just burnt out on these types of games since i've played so many...
  85. Oct 12, 2013
    Rockstar have truly lost their way, instead of fun over the top games they now create messy, misogynistic games that try far too hard to be offensive for the sake of it. GTA 5 does have some amazing features to it, such as the world and how detailed it is, but sooner or later everything you appreciate the game will come crashing down due to one thing or another.

The controls in this
    game are absolutely awful, I expected Rockstar to have worked on this after the mess that was GTA 4, but they feel practically the same. You can't just throw in an auto aim that is far too generous because you couldn't be bothered to fine out the aiming, that is just shameful. The driving is better admittedly, but it couldn't have gotten any worse after GTA 4. Every action is over animated, it makes the controls incredibly cumbersome and frustrating and nearly impossible to get through small doorways without running into walls first.

The story in this game is about as disjointed as they come, the only real connection being that everyone needs to make money, which is once again an incredibly lazy plot driving point. I never had a sense that what I was doing was important to progressing the story or characters once during my time with the GTA 5 main missions and I found myself getting tired of it very often. Free roaming is a lot of fun, probably where the most fun will be had with this game, there is a lot on offer in the world of Los Santos and it rewards the observant gamer. It is a shame then that the police will punish you for even the slightest of crimes, tap one of their cars? Accidently bump into an officer due to the clunky controls? They will shoot you on sight for it. I'm not sure if there is an underlying message to this about America and its police brutality or if Rockstar really were just too lazy once again to bother adding different reactions to each wanted level.

The biggest problem with this game is GTA Online, unfortunately it comes as part of the package so it should be rated as part of the entirety of this game. The playerbase is absolutely awful, one of the worst standing side by side with the Call of Duty community. This however is not Rockstar's fault, but like it or not you will have to rely on these people sooner or later to help you either in missions or just roaming around. The missions themselves are pretty much just cut and copy over and over with only the bare basics changed; such as mission location or how many enemies you need to kill. Practically all the missions will revolve around killing a group of people, collecting something and then reaching a destination.

GTA Online was never going to live up to the hype it created, but it could have been so much more. Because of the disappointing single player and the outright horrid Online feature I can only give GTA 5 a 6/10.
  86. Oct 13, 2013
    a bugged piece of software that cannot be called video game. graphics are good, and that's it. gameplay is subpar and uninspired, there are so many bugs expect to play the game twice because your saved games are lost or you get stuck in the geometry. characters are shiit all in all the game is a bugged steaming pile of fuccking shhit
  87. Oct 12, 2013
    This game is generally good but I hate the fact that all women are walking around with 10 lbs of cleavage on their pencil thin bodies. Most of the time the game is great.
  88. Oct 14, 2013
    I love this game it's one of the best i've ever played of and btw im here courtesy of OfficialNerdCubed break the system metacritic is suckish! Anyways i think that the graphics are good looking they don't overdue it at ALL. The missions are awesome and the story is like a movie.
  89. Oct 17, 2013
    Again that same like in old versions GTA. Huge map, tons of stupid missions, nothing special and new comparing other GTA's.

Recommended only enter cheat's and get lot of fun from killing and destroy everything!
  90. Sep 19, 2013
    The gameplay is flawless and second to none, but it's the story in the end that stumbles. If you can forgive the weak writing, you'll be in for a lot of amazing moments. The excellent mission design, refined gameplay mechanics and the massive overworld warrant a purchase alone.
  91. Sep 18, 2013
    An absolute triumph and the best open-world game this gen.

Rockstar has always been great creatively. Great stories, dialogue, characters, soundtracks, presentation etc. All that has always been great in GTA and still is in GTA V.

But where V differs from past games is in the mechanics. Gone is the slippery driving from GTA IV, or the crappy lock-on combat from the PS2 games.
    Everything has been updated and finely tuned. Whether you're driving, fighting or running around on foot. Everything feels fluid and painless.

Toss in the best and most varied set of missions the series has ever seen with three fascinating protagonists and you've got a hell of a send off for these consoles. Bravo Rockstar.
  92. Sep 19, 2013
    Truly a fantastic achievement by Rockstar games. It's a phenomenal experience and anyone who's played any of the previous games should definitely be playing this. I was skeptical since GTA 4 was a disappointment for me so I didn't buy the game at first but I spent a good amount of time reading user reviews and finally decided to buy. This has the feel of San Andreas all the way and they have really carried through the successes of Red Dead Redemption into this game by having fun, varied missions which have a cool cinematic feel to them and giving the open world much more weight. I stayed away from the hype surrounding this game but man it really looks like this one delivers on all fronts, if there's any way for you to at least try the game if you haven't already just do it, this one must be experienced. This will undoubtedly be in the top 3 games of this generation of consoles. Going back to play, bye. Expand
  93. Sep 22, 2013
    I have never played a game more immersive or ambitious than Grand Theft Auto V. This is easily not only one of the best video games of this generation, but of all time.
  94. Sep 17, 2013
    Lowering the user score because the PC version hasn't come out yet is absolutely pathetic. Screw the haters just because they're jealous they can't play the game as well. Get over yourself, FFS.

It's a great game. Buy it.
  95. Sep 22, 2013
    Let's just put it like this; FINALY, GTA: San Andreas got de-throned. About time!!Just can't wait for multiplayer.It's as huge as gta; San Adreas, but so much more beautifull an all the new suff they add, most Epic sandbox game ever.
  96. Sep 23, 2013
    This game is just pure perfection! It takes everything all the other GTA games did right and, makes em even better and adding even more brilliant stuff t) an already brilliant game
    I love Rockstar Games! The gunplay, think: Max Payne 3, lots of guns super customizable, and alreadt a whole wall dedicated to future DLC
  97. Sep 17, 2013
    A way to say goodbye to this generation. This game capatalizes on everything we've learned and enjoyed during this generation. A masterpiece and obvious contender for best video game of all time.... That will be decided when GTA Online is released and the real fun starts... great time to be a gamer.
  98. Sep 19, 2013
    i really want to say it s a bad game and i was so hyped for nothing but this game didn t give tha chance to eving think of saying this the visuals are great and the gameplay is awesome and even if you dind t love gta you will love this game fir sure and i the tha bad user score are from the who don t have xbox and ps3 thinking that watch can be better than the best game in the gaming hisotr
  99. Sep 18, 2013
    This game really marked me a totally, playing all my life, games of all kinds, with more than fan for video game industry, this game really would surprise me at all scopes and I can not stop playing it.
    something that caught my attention is that four years ago I have not thought about playing a game 2 times to run, so totally recommended for all types of player from a beginner, to the
    more veteran. Expand
  100. Sep 17, 2013
    My xbox is modded and i never buy games legally because i dont want to feel cheated out of my money. But i actually pre- ordered this and paid full price. This is by far the best game ever. Far exceeded my expectations. I dont even care for the next generation consoles becuase of this game. Its a shame because no other company can make a game as great as this. Its like Why continue making games if they're not gonna be as good as this? Expand

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.