8.1

1. Sep 17, 2013
    So it seems that haters/PC users are attacking the user score. I'll keep this one short.

Over the past four straight hours of playing Grand Theft Auto V I've found that there is nothing to criticize. Believe me when I say that absolutely nothing. Bringing the world of San Andreas into the soon-to-be obsolete video game generation sets Rockstar to a new path: a path that will catapult them to the top of the "video game industry food chain". That's all I can say. This game unanimously deserved Game of the Year 2013.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    (both versions) GTA has plenty of issues with the pop-in textures and clipping texture quality during its cut scenes. The draw distance is of an issue on both consoles however its good that the detail in terms of shapes are still in tact. This definitely shows the limitations of the current gen consoles and is by far the reason we need the next to come out.

It is these reasons why this

It is these reasons why this game does not deserve a perfect 10 much like the last of us, there are problems in the game which should never be overlooked when reviewing a game regardless if you love the game or not
  3. Sep 17, 2013
    The journey of the three protagonists and their pursuit of the dollar in the beautiful, sun-drenched state of San Andreas is a breath taking experience. Quite simply put, this is the best video game I have played for the current generation of consoles.

EDIT: It seems as though the user score is being attacked by disgruntled PC fans, or possibly, fans of an equally GOTY deserving

EDIT:

It seems as though the user score is being attacked by disgruntled PC fans, or possibly, fans of an equally GOTY deserving title. For the time being, disregard the user score.
  4. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game ever without a doubt, just play the game and see for yourself, there is nothing more to say.
    Anybody who hates on this game has absolutely no taste in good games or is a hating PC gamer, just ignore these bad reviews
  5. Sep 17, 2013
    Been playing it for about 6 hours now the game has an incredible open world the best i have ever seen in a game but the story and characters have let this game done completely for me. The script for the characters has not been good at all with them repeating insults and words its just gets old and boring. The characters really are not interesting to me and i really dont care for them. TheBeen playing it for about 6 hours now the game has an incredible open world the best i have ever seen in a game but the story and characters have let this game done completely for me. The script for the characters has not been good at all with them repeating insults and words its just gets old and boring. The characters really are not interesting to me and i really dont care for them. The driving still is frustrating and the shooting mechanics are not as solid as max payne 3. But the game is tons of fun Expand
  6. Sep 17, 2013
    With most things in life, the anticipation exceeds the actual enjoyment of the experience. I knew coming into the game, that must be true here as well. Damn was I wrong. This game exceeds every expectation I had, in spades. GTA 5 is a true masterpiece in every sense of the word. It's hard to describe such an experience with words. It's a game you really have to play just to get an idea ofWith most things in life, the anticipation exceeds the actual enjoyment of the experience. I knew coming into the game, that must be true here as well. Damn was I wrong. This game exceeds every expectation I had, in spades. GTA 5 is a true masterpiece in every sense of the word. It's hard to describe such an experience with words. It's a game you really have to play just to get an idea of how awesome it really is. It's everything you ever wanted an open world game to be and then some. Every aspect of the game from driving to flying to just walking around is fun and thoroughly enjoyable. If you had your doubts, rest assured its every bit as good as it was hyped up to be. And that's saying a lot. Expand
  7. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is the best game i ever played! Everything in this game is just (near) perfect!!
    The graphics, the artwork, the soundtrack, the gameplay, the characters, just about everything you can imagine. But why are you reading this, go play GTA V now!!!
  8. Oct 10, 2013
    To start off, I'll review this game in one word: shallow. The word rings true while calling to mind any and all facets of the game. A story that masquerades as compelling until it is quickly forced to open up and reveal its hollow interior, gameplay stuck on seemingly perpetual repeat, and dozens of elements that were clearly thrown in only for purposes of making the game look moreTo start off, I'll review this game in one word: shallow. The word rings true while calling to mind any and all facets of the game. A story that masquerades as compelling until it is quickly forced to open up and reveal its hollow interior, gameplay stuck on seemingly perpetual repeat, and dozens of elements that were clearly thrown in only for purposes of making the game look more expansive than it really is. I suppose some of my irritation comes not only from the game but from the way it was marketed. Biggest map ever? Only if you include the miles of sand and rocks that make up the game's underwater sections. Intense interactive heist missions? Only one can truly fit that description, while the others only do the bare minimum required to somewhat pass off as such. The world is no doubt impressive, but ultimately comprised of too much filler and wasted opportunity. So much of the world is incredibly detailed but ultimately useless and boring, and every time you come across an area that has the potential to defy that pattern, Rockstar has decided to neglect it (presumably to release it in a dlc pack later on). Really? The racetrack and CASINO (among other locales) are useless shells while i can go into a 7-11 and look at low-res cereal boxes? Sure, I can hold up the 7-11 for a comically small amount of money, which is nice considering the other 90% of stores you can't hold up, despite the creators frequently flaunting the new robbery mechanic. As far as the other new gimmicky mechanics, no amount of customization can spice up the relentlessly simple gameplay, which seems determined to etch itself into your head through gross repetition. Of course it's not all bad. The writing is often clever and the earlier missions are definitely creative, which stand in stark contrast to the last few missions, which feel more like side missions and hold about the same narrative weight. I also found the game quite funny, while my friend found it about as funny typhus, so I'd imagine his score to be even lower. The soundtrack is extensive and there are some fun side activities, but ultimately nothing that can save this game from the grave it started digging the moment they started marketing. There is just not enough to do once the story mode is completed, and that which there is feels more like a grind than a fun mechanic. You can't tell me navigating a poorly controlled submarine in miles of nothingness for an hour and a half, JUST to get a stupid collectible, is fun. You just cant! So please stop using mundane collectibles as a means to say "There is so much to do in this game omgggg!" There are several other small gripes I have with the game (such as the fact that they showed video of planes spewing toxic pesticides only to cheat us out of that actually fun mechanic) but I won't go into any more, as they come off as nit-picky. -Now, as I near the conclusion of my review, and many of you cry butthurt pc fanboy, let me say that I played this on 360 and am quite familiar with the GTA series. I'm not comparing this to a deep emotional experience like heavy rain, I'm comparing it to what GTA claims to be, and has succeeded at being in previous installments. A satirical sandbox with an entertaining story and mechanics that add to either the mood or enjoyment of the game. What you will find in GTA V is a dull story, shallow side activities and mechanics, and a city which has much more flare than substance. Also before I go i feel obligated to talk about gta's online feature. I don't even know where to begin with GTA Online. It's a glitch ridden mess, which encourages the complete opposite of what makes gta fun. It would've been much more accurate if they called it "Responsible Money Manager 2013 Where You Are Penalized For Committing Grand Theft Auto and Shamelessly Encouraged to Buy GTA Dollars Through the Online Store". Yuck. Online Freemode used to be such a chaotic and fast paced experience, and I couldn't have thought of a better way to ruin it myself. Obviously none of these criticisms are relevant if you can't even get in, or are unlucky enough to have all of your progress deleted, as is the case with thousands of users. Well, I hope this review helped to save you some money. If only I had read a realistic review before I dropped my precious $60. Expand
  9. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA V being very overrated is probably the worst thing about Metacritic User Reviews.

The Game is brilliant, an easy 8-9/10, but it isn't perfect, Murky Textures and somewhat dull activities are highlighted here. Campaign is interesting,the world is Huge and messing around has never been as fun on a GTA game, but if you're reading reviews and want a genuine answer of the games

Campaign is interesting,the world is Huge and messing around has never been as fun on a GTA game, but if you're reading reviews and want a genuine answer of the games quality that isn't biased about how its 'perfect' or 'terrible' this is what you need to read.

Pros:
    Huge World
    Storyline
    Characters and General Improvements to them
    Pace

Cons:
    Textures
    Activities (while fitting to the game, tennis isn't something i want to spend my time on GRAND THEFT AUTO doing.)
  10. Sep 20, 2013
    gta as everyone knows is brought to you from the developers of red dead and la noire. primarily set around 4 characters out to score big in the fictional city that is las santos through unnecessary violence and far to much use of the n***er and moth*****ker words, that me personally finds it a cheap way from the developers to get a reaction. The characters represent everything i hate in agta as everyone knows is brought to you from the developers of red dead and la noire. primarily set around 4 characters out to score big in the fictional city that is las santos through unnecessary violence and far to much use of the n***er and moth*****ker words, that me personally finds it a cheap way from the developers to get a reaction. The characters represent everything i hate in a person, I know the gta series has been known for elements of grand theft auto (obviously) violence, prostitution, drugs trust me i know i have been playing them off and on from the very first one, but with gta5 everything feels cheap, forced and unnecessary. I found it impossible to fall in love with the main characters and therefore didn't feel any attachment to them and thus didn't truly devote to them as characters. the car handling mechanics all feel the same from one van to the next one, and from one bike to the next also. the god awful car shooting mechanics where the aim is also the trigger button, and with that you have to carefully estimate where the reticule would be. the cover button is poorly exacuted as well and aims throughs doors when your stuck to a frame, plus the reticule is a pathetic dot for every none scoped gun, even a shotgun which makes no sense because shotguns have a greater spread with them. the mission status only shows up after you complete a mission, and on many occasions i have said to myself i would of done that if i'd a known, but you can replay misisons to get better scores which i think is another cheap unimaginative way to invoke replay value. i lke the camera to be very sensitive and the aiming reticle to be quite low, but you can't do that in this game, only change the overall senstivity for both analog sticks. the city is huge though and does ever so deservedly boast that, but you can barely go inside anywhere most doors i went up to denied me access, and the activities like for example tennis, shooting range, yoga, are superficial and once you have tried it, there is no compelling fun element to go back. plus in my own personal opinion everything feels rushed and monotonous. I find it quite frustrating that everytime i do a mission or enter a cutscene my characters clothes change, and you are limited on personal customization, and the skill levelling is awful i would rather not level up at all and all my characters have thier own personal skills, because you can level up every skill with every character there is no individualism and therefore everyone of your four main characters loses their unique touch and aspects. The flying aspect within the game is terrible as well, feels to sensitive and sucks at all the fun of it. im just glad i can sell it to a mate for £40.00 and thus only losing out on a fiver. Expand
  11. Sep 19, 2013
    I think I've been spoiled by the recent influx of really good third person shooters and open world games. Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row, and others have all added a good mix of fun and great ideas to the genre. And because of that, I feel rather unimpressed by GTA V.

The story is weak, which isn't really that surprising since most GTA games aren't known for their depth, but I was actually really invested in the stories of Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire, both of which are of course Rockstar titles. None of the main characters really appeal to me, they're not funny or clever, and after 30 hours of doing just story missions I find myself really let down. I get that everything is a parody, that the political cartoons on TV and the jabs at Facebook are pop culture references, but none of it is really making me laugh. The side characters like Jimmy and Tonya are just obnoxious and I keep wishing I could permanently drive them off a cliff, but I can't!

As for gameplay, the driving is really bad, and with cars being the center of the game mechanics, that's saying something. Cars don't feel very different, they don't seem to have much weight to them, the GPS is really archaic and detracts from other things. There are clipping issues with items along the road and the car physics still seem way off. Shooting from cars is horrible, I mean who the hell thought it would be a great idea to make shoot and target the same button? That kind of stuff is unforgivable in 2013, especially since other recent games have it so much better. Movement is clunky, it feels like it hasn't improved a bit since RDR, I constantly "bump" into people and annoy them even though I clearly didn't even touch them. Moving around the house or inside areas does not feel nice, it feels like I'm moving a fridge rather than a person. Why is it so hard to actually stash cars and have a garage? What happened to my customized cars? It feels like Rockstar didn't put much thought into making car management very fluent, and again, when cars are so prominent in the game, WHY is it like this? Also, the mission rating system is ridiculous when you can't even seen the requirements for different medals before or during the mission.

The side missions and activities are all over the place, they're not deep enough to be good simulations, but they're also not good enough to be arcade style mini games. Tennis in particular is terrible, so why even bother putting it in when you don't make it any fun or any good? Managing stock markets, browsing the internet, watching TV, going to strip clubs, etc, they're all kind of boring and I felt no need to do any of them ever again.

Character customization is average, it's nowhere near as fun as it is in Saints Row, and so far I haven't found anything worth buying at the clothing stores in Los Santos. The leveling system for stats is not fun, since you can't really tell you're getting better at something until the game tells you. There's no way to track progress, which makes it uninteresting. They'd have been better off just making the different characters good at certain things and bad at others, and then just keeping it that way. The fact that you need an iphone app to level your dog is especially when the app itself is unstable and keeps resetting progress. Please don't make external apps that influence in-game stats, it's a terrible idea.

Graphics wise, meh, while I think it looks a lot like L.A. the game is certainly not pushing any boundaries. The aliasing makes everything seem...I don't know, shiny but unappealing? There's something about it that doesn't feel right, it feels a bit too reflective and not real enough. I'm kinda sad that there's no performance capture stuff like they had with L.A. Noire, GTA V looks really old in comparison which is weird.

I won't bother to complain about every gaming site giving it a 10 since it's just a product of this gaming generation, but I will say I'm surprised to see that many normal people raving about it. The game doesn't bring anything new to the table and is quite honestly very boring most of the time. I would have rather had a game like Red Dead Redemption set in a different time and place, something a little more interesting than a recreation of L.A.
  12. Sep 20, 2013
    I loved every old Rockstar game and GTA game up to and including San Andreas but hated GTA 4, (Red Dead Redemption was o.k.). I love arcade mode State of Emergency. Judging by this I suspect they never will make another classic. It's better than GTA4 (not hard) but it looks tired compared to recent games. The graphics suck bad. Really bad, but graphics aren't everything...but theyI loved every old Rockstar game and GTA game up to and including San Andreas but hated GTA 4, (Red Dead Redemption was o.k.). I love arcade mode State of Emergency. Judging by this I suspect they never will make another classic. It's better than GTA4 (not hard) but it looks tired compared to recent games. The graphics suck bad. Really bad, but graphics aren't everything...but they suck. The controls are awful. I don't know why people keep saying they are so good. Play Crysis 3 and tell me the controls are anything like as good. Its awkward to swap weapon and the menus screens are clunky. The characters are tired and hackneyed and whilst I can take a bit of that I'm bored of the rockstar cliches. Good bits, well its a lovely big open world with well all the cool normal GTA stuff in that you like. Choice of guns vehicles and now the welcome 'character' abilities are a positive step. I like the way you can flit between characters for heists. It adds another much needed dimension. Radio shows are still funny with some truly awesome tunes. All the hype is a bit much though for what it is. Its o.k., maybe even as good as san andreas was at the time but with graphics and better competition from other great games. I have gone straight back to playing 'The last of us' and 'Fallout 3'. Buy if you would accept more or less anything from rockstar but if you want real deep innovation you will be disappointed. Expand
  13. Sep 26, 2013
    Poor framerate, poor graphics. Shouldnt have been released for this gen consoles. I would have loved to see this on my PC instead. It could have been so beautiful, but instead they sold out.
  14. Sep 19, 2013
    I am not kidding when I say that GTA V is the best GTA game ever. It's essentially San Andreas with prettier graphics, awesome heists, and 3 lead characters.
    I wont even say anything else you need to experience GTA V for yourself.
  15. Sep 19, 2013
    I really don't know if I'm playing the same game as some users... I can't imagine how some human being didn't like this game. This is the greatest production I've ever seen in a game. Great history, great characters, best physics ever, fluid gameplay and, well, all that freedom that only GTA brings to us. All the best things of all games of the franchise are present. Congratulations,I really don't know if I'm playing the same game as some users... I can't imagine how some human being didn't like this game. This is the greatest production I've ever seen in a game. Great history, great characters, best physics ever, fluid gameplay and, well, all that freedom that only GTA brings to us. All the best things of all games of the franchise are present. Congratulations, Rockstar. You made it... again! Expand
  16. Sep 22, 2013
    Just an amazing game. To rate this at anything less than the 10 it deserves is just crazy. I know I will be playing this for hundreds of hours past the single player story (which is great itself). Is this just GTA4 times 10 in HD? Maybe, but that is saying a lot! The truth is that it's much bigger and better in every way. This could very easily be the greatest game of this generationJust an amazing game. To rate this at anything less than the 10 it deserves is just crazy. I know I will be playing this for hundreds of hours past the single player story (which is great itself). Is this just GTA4 times 10 in HD? Maybe, but that is saying a lot! The truth is that it's much bigger and better in every way. This could very easily be the greatest game of this generation of consoles. Expand
  17. Sep 19, 2013
    Truly a fantastic achievement by Rockstar games. It's a phenomenal experience and anyone who's played any of the previous games should definitely be playing this. I was skeptical since GTA 4 was a disappointment for me so I didn't buy the game at first but I spent a good amount of time reading user reviews and finally decided to buy. This has the feel of San Andreas all the way and theyTruly a fantastic achievement by Rockstar games. It's a phenomenal experience and anyone who's played any of the previous games should definitely be playing this. I was skeptical since GTA 4 was a disappointment for me so I didn't buy the game at first but I spent a good amount of time reading user reviews and finally decided to buy. This has the feel of San Andreas all the way and they have really carried through the successes of Red Dead Redemption into this game by having fun, varied missions which have a cool cinematic feel to them and giving the open world much more weight. I stayed away from the hype surrounding this game but man it really looks like this one delivers on all fronts, if there's any way for you to at least try the game if you haven't already just do it, this one must be experienced. This will undoubtedly be in the top 3 games of this generation of consoles. Going back to play, bye. Expand
  18. Sep 22, 2013
    I have never played a game more immersive or ambitious than Grand Theft Auto V. This is easily not only one of the best video games of this generation, but of all time.
  19. Sep 19, 2013
    Truly raises the bar for sandbox games. Brings us the best of all GTA's combined, especially Vice City and San Andreas. Phenomenal game, I suggest you go out and buy it now or you'll be missing out on an important cultural event in the history of video games.
  20. Sep 22, 2013
    Pretty nice! Awesome graphics, carismatic caracters, nice playability... GTA V did make a new perspective about the actual generation of consoles! Rockstar is great!
  21. Oct 12, 2013
    Rockstar have truly lost their way, instead of fun over the top games they now create messy, misogynistic games that try far too hard to be offensive for the sake of it. GTA 5 does have some amazing features to it, such as the world and how detailed it is, but sooner or later everything you appreciate the game will come crashing down due to one thing or another.

The controls in this

The controls in this game are absolutely awful, I expected Rockstar to have worked on this after the mess that was GTA 4, but they feel practically the same. You can't just throw in an auto aim that is far too generous because you couldn't be bothered to fine out the aiming, that is just shameful. The driving is better admittedly, but it couldn't have gotten any worse after GTA 4. Every action is over animated, it makes the controls incredibly cumbersome and frustrating and nearly impossible to get through small doorways without running into walls first.

The story in this game is about as disjointed as they come, the only real connection being that everyone needs to make money, which is once again an incredibly lazy plot driving point. I never had a sense that what I was doing was important to progressing the story or characters once during my time with the GTA 5 main missions and I found myself getting tired of it very often. Free roaming is a lot of fun, probably where the most fun will be had with this game, there is a lot on offer in the world of Los Santos and it rewards the observant gamer. It is a shame then that the police will punish you for even the slightest of crimes, tap one of their cars? Accidently bump into an officer due to the clunky controls? They will shoot you on sight for it. I'm not sure if there is an underlying message to this about America and its police brutality or if Rockstar really were just too lazy once again to bother adding different reactions to each wanted level.

The biggest problem with this game is GTA Online, unfortunately it comes as part of the package so it should be rated as part of the entirety of this game. The playerbase is absolutely awful, one of the worst standing side by side with the Call of Duty community. This however is not Rockstar's fault, but like it or not you will have to rely on these people sooner or later to help you either in missions or just roaming around. The missions themselves are pretty much just cut and copy over and over with only the bare basics changed; such as mission location or how many enemies you need to kill. Practically all the missions will revolve around killing a group of people, collecting something and then reaching a destination.

GTA Online was never going to live up to the hype it created, but it could have been so much more. Because of the disappointing single player and the outright horrid Online feature I can only give GTA 5 a 6/10.
  22. Sep 29, 2013
    This is ot just the GTA game, but THE game i've been waiting for. A massive word that feels so alive and with so much to do. Unlike GTA 4, the world is entertaining to explore and interact with, and the single player story does a great job of pulling you in. As great as the game looks on consoles I do hope they release it on the PC soon so we can have a great modding community and moreThis is ot just the GTA game, but THE game i've been waiting for. A massive word that feels so alive and with so much to do. Unlike GTA 4, the world is entertaining to explore and interact with, and the single player story does a great job of pulling you in. As great as the game looks on consoles I do hope they release it on the PC soon so we can have a great modding community and more freedom with graphic options. Expand
  23. Dec 17, 2013
    VERY LINEAR missions and progression. Just a huge theme park to drive arround, it's fun, but when you're forced to torture a guy with multiple tools, I just turned off the console and never played it again.
  24. Sep 21, 2013
    Best GTA game ever, possibly best game ever. I've never been into GTA. I play them for a few hours and then I'm done. I'm about half way through the game now, still loving it.
  25. Sep 26, 2013
    I held off reviewing this game untill today because I truly wanted to experience everything the game had. I wanted to get emotionally involved with the characters, I wanted to get absorbed in the storyline, I wanted to laugh at the crazy antics, I wanted to see the vast array of missions, I wanted to see what the game as a whole had to offer. And let me tell you when I say this game is anI held off reviewing this game untill today because I truly wanted to experience everything the game had. I wanted to get emotionally involved with the characters, I wanted to get absorbed in the storyline, I wanted to laugh at the crazy antics, I wanted to see the vast array of missions, I wanted to see what the game as a whole had to offer. And let me tell you when I say this game is an outstanding success in every way. My personal experiences with GTA games haven't gone great, I've always felt that the majority of them were clunky pieces of design which were often over rated and irritating to play. But with GTA V, they've completely flattened out any issues with the other games I had and generally improved it in other things. We're not just talking about one of the best games ever, what we're experiencing here is one of the most amazing feats of interactive entertainment in the modern era. Nothing I've played video game wise, watched film wise or interacted with entertainment wise, has had me more involved or entertained then what this game did. Of course there are times where it's a bit crazy and it pushed the boat a bit far, but this game ISN'T designed for kids it really is that simple. A fantastic bow out for this generation of consoles. 10/10 for me. Expand
  26. Sep 20, 2013
    Dear Escapist Magazine Writer,
    Dear Escapist Magazine Writer,
    Get Out. No seriously. Get out of my internet. How dare you say that the reason you don't like this game is because the main characters are "scumbags". The game for gods sake is called Grand Theft Auto, named after a major crime. If you were expecting the main protagonists to be all nice and cuddly, then you should just kill your self now, and leave the rest of the planet more oxygen. How dumb could you be? Believe it or not, the protagonist does not have to be a goddamn model citizen. Anyways, this is my new favorite game. Its just so good. The soundtrack is perfectly picked and the game play is incredible, not to mention how beautiful the game looks. Buy this game Damn it.

P.S. Escapist Magazine is the worst magazine on the planet, as all their writers apparently have down Syndrome. Good Day
  27. Sep 19, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 brings a face lift to the GTA series sending you back to the wild and beautiful San Andreas. Grand Theft Auto 5 never disappoints with its missions or its dialogue. Grand Theft Auto 5 doesn't just have one protagonist but 3! Michael, Franklin and Trevor all very different and unique characters really bring the story alive, The story pulls you in and doesn't let go untilGrand Theft Auto 5 brings a face lift to the GTA series sending you back to the wild and beautiful San Andreas. Grand Theft Auto 5 never disappoints with its missions or its dialogue. Grand Theft Auto 5 doesn't just have one protagonist but 3! Michael, Franklin and Trevor all very different and unique characters really bring the story alive, The story pulls you in and doesn't let go until you're drenched in sweat from excitement. The world is large and beautiful with greatly improved graphics from Grand Theft Auto 4 the magical coding Wizards at Rockstar North have pulled off making one of the best games of all time... Maybe even the best. Expand
  28. Sep 26, 2013
    This is a brilliant game from start to finish. There really isn't a finish and that is what is so enjoyable about this game...

Other than the trifecta of protagonists there are many other new additions that make this entry into the franchise worth experiencing. Some of the freshness comes from the Heists, which are elongated missions that are somewhat challenging and offer large cash

Some of the freshness comes from the Heists, which are elongated missions that are somewhat challenging and offer large cash rewards to the player. These missions punctuate different parts of the main campaign and my only wish was that there were more of them. GTA online promises that this hope will become a reality in a few days.

Another new addition are the 'Strangers and Freaks' missions which always offer a nice variety of gameplay mechanics when meeting any of the numerous NPCs that dot the map with question mark icons. One NPC might challenge you to a mini triathlon while another asks you to ride at high speed alongside a limo while he takes pictures of the celebrity inside.

The overall size of the world is almost intimidating. There is no part of it that isn't well realized or a waste of space. I thought I would hate the desert or mountainous areas but it turns out that many of my most memorable events from my current playthrough have happened there. This is a testament to the talent of the developers and many games fall short when attempting to create a map that players really want to explore.

There's just no denying it. The longer you have to develop a game the richer the experience for the player.

If you love open world games then this is a must own and the new gold standard of sandbox gaming.
  29. Sep 27, 2013
    The story isnt one huge story, its more like a perfect combination of many small storys. The gameplay is much better than gta 4, the movement is much easier and checkpoints help the game to make longer mission. The game deserves a 10 and the user score should be much higher
  30. Sep 28, 2013
    THIS IS INSANE: I'm a 40 year old gamer and have been since games began but this game is truly Unreal, there is nothing not to like, its mind blowing and epic, its why Game's will overtake Movie's within the next 10 years, i genuinely don't know how they have produced this, its on another level. BTW: i quite GTA 4 as there was to much to do??!
  31. Apr 17, 2014
    [Sorry for my english, I'm french]
    There are already lots of reviews but I'll write mine.
    This game is simply my favorite game of all time ! It is a travel to a world where I would live :) This GTA is more than a GTA, every mecanics are perfect, play this game is a pure pleasure, the story is bewitching, the 3 characters bring to the game a brilliant way to play, the graphics are
    [Sorry for my english, I'm french]
    There are already lots of reviews but I'll write mine.
    This GTA is more than a GTA, every mecanics are perfect, play this game is a pure pleasure, the story is bewitching, the 3 characters bring to the game a brilliant way to play, the graphics are amazing and the map too...
    There are so many things to do about this masterpiece...
    I have already written lots of review about this game for my country, France, so I'm tired of tell everytime the same things but this "game" is AMAZING, that's a fact !
  32. May 3, 2014
    This game is cool. I mean, look at the gameplay! They added some new features like animals and anything. Although I am no longer a GTA fan, I'm still liking this game.
  33. Sep 29, 2013
    The Best Rockstar game ever! Only problems are frame-rate and load times. as well the online isnt up yet but thats better than the game being delayed. anyone who complains about that should have known already and is sour they are uneducated. graphics are outstanding for a game this size. dont know how they managed to fit all those polygons on the 360. anyone who complains about graphicsThe Best Rockstar game ever! Only problems are frame-rate and load times. as well the online isnt up yet but thats better than the game being delayed. anyone who complains about that should have known already and is sour they are uneducated. graphics are outstanding for a game this size. dont know how they managed to fit all those polygons on the 360. anyone who complains about graphics has no clue how CG is generated and should be banned from game reviews. Expand
  34. Oct 1, 2013
    Seriously? This is a video game. Having said that, GTA 5 ticks every damn box, its intended to be mindless, it's intended to be frustrating, it's sure as hell FUN, and if you are expecting to earn a college degree or reach metaphysical enlightenment during your time in LS, look somewhere else.
  35. May 3, 2014
    Brilliant execution on nearly all points. Lag/chop on XBOX showing the age of the system, unfortunately. But you'll quickly forget about that annoyance as you get lost in the hours and hours of things to do in a beautifully crafted environment. Voice acting is stellar, heists are phenomenal, and we can finally save the game without having to go home to bed. Multiplayer is actually fun andBrilliant execution on nearly all points. Lag/chop on XBOX showing the age of the system, unfortunately. But you'll quickly forget about that annoyance as you get lost in the hours and hours of things to do in a beautifully crafted environment. Voice acting is stellar, heists are phenomenal, and we can finally save the game without having to go home to bed. Multiplayer is actually fun and almost as engaging as the single player. If you can't get behind bad protagonists, you're in the wrong game to begin with (your first clue should have been the title), and if you're complaining about the graphics you need your eyes checked. A++ for Rockstar. Will be playing this for a long time. Expand
  36. May 27, 2014
    after playing watch dogs today i realize that this is a masterpiece, i will play it until it hurts is just awesome, cant wait for a new Rockstar game, they deserve everything they have achieve, so many clones of GTA without any good result, so never betray the original sandbox masters.
  37. Sep 26, 2013
    If you haven't played Grand Theft Auto V yet, I don't know what you're waiting for. Rockstar Games have always been known for making the absolute best third person action-adventure games of this generation. In fact, one of my favorite games of all time is Red Dead Redemption. They've always seemed to exceed the boundaries of what everybody expects their games to be like, and that's whatIf you haven't played Grand Theft Auto V yet, I don't know what you're waiting for. Rockstar Games have always been known for making the absolute best third person action-adventure games of this generation. In fact, one of my favorite games of all time is Red Dead Redemption. They've always seemed to exceed the boundaries of what everybody expects their games to be like, and that's what makes them the superior developer of this generation. If you play Grand Theft Auto V, you will know exactly why I feel this way. GTA V is a prime example of Rockstar pushing things to the limit. The game world is massive, bigger than any Rockstar game that has ever been released. (Though, big fans of Just Cause 2 will probably find the world size pretty pathetic.) The world is huge, and it is filled with so many interesting things to see and do. If you thought that GTA IV was a live city, GTA V will feel like a living world. Environmentally, the visuals are absolutely astounding, and some parts of the city will leave most of you breathless. Though when it comes down to characters, if felt like some details were left out. And some characters faces appear very cartoon like. Though it doesn't really matter. Unfortunately, a huge (and beautiful) environment leaves room for error. Believe it or not, there isn't that much error at all. There are some bugs that appear occasionally, but they're not game changers. There are also some occasional texture issues. A lot of people are complaining about frame rate drops, but the only time I noticed this was while driving a submarine.

Enough about the presentation, it's time to talk about the 30+ hour story mode accompanying the game. In my opinion, the story is not as compelling or interesting as the well written story in GTA IV. Though it's compelling enough to make me want to play it more than once, which I'm already half-way through doing. The story is mostly focused around Michael De Santa, a former bank robber who has gone into a WitSec program, and is currently residing in his multi-million dollar home with his family, who is dysfunctional in every way. Michael's money is running low though, so he returns to the life of crime. For the first time in GTA history, the player can now play as more than one character. The second available character to play as is Franklin Clinton, a young gang member who constantly tries to survive in an ignorant street life with his old friend Lamar Davis. The third character is Trevor Phillips, one of Michael's old robber buddies who has gone completely insane. Interestingly enough, the three characters stories all intertwine, and this concept creates a fun campaign. The best part is that at any point (when not on a mission), the player can switch between characters. The ending on the other hand, is another story. To avoid any spoilers, the game let's you create your own ending with a tough decision that Franklin must make in the end. Some of them feel linear and short, and the others feel too good to be true.

Thankfully, the game handles way better than GTA IV. The shooting mechanics are better, the driving is more fluent, and it now features a more realistic flying system when it comes down to helicopters and planes. The cover system has also been improved, instead of a touchy cover system from GTA IV.

I'm going to relate back to what I said earlier, you have no reason to not have played GTA V. Though I wouldn't approve the game for anybody younger than 15 years old, it's a game I believe everyone should play before they move onto next-gen technology. Who needs the Xbox One when you have next-gen tech on a current-gen game? It is certainly one of the best games ever made.
  38. Oct 2, 2013
    Whenever I play this game, I can't help but feel like there's something missing. I find myself comparing it to GTA IV and being a little disappointed. The story is a pretty good one, just not as good as IV in my opinion. Shooting doesn't feel as nice as it did in IV, although I like the new weapons wheel. Driving has pros and cons. One pro being that the tires handle better. Another beingWhenever I play this game, I can't help but feel like there's something missing. I find myself comparing it to GTA IV and being a little disappointed. The story is a pretty good one, just not as good as IV in my opinion. Shooting doesn't feel as nice as it did in IV, although I like the new weapons wheel. Driving has pros and cons. One pro being that the tires handle better. Another being that the player doesn't fly out the front window of the car nearly as much anymore. Flying was rather annoying in the beginning of the game but got better either as my characters flying skill was improved or mine was. Not sure which... Probably the biggest annoyance I have with the game, is the lack of intractable buildings. GTA IV had fast food restaurants, hospitals, etc that one could walk into and interact with. That's largely gone in V. Also, the game isn't quite as fun to run around goofing off as IV. Too easy to die and whatnot. I also hate that the cheats can't be easily activated like you could in IV using the cell phone. To me, cheats are essential for proper goofing off.

The game just feels considerably less fun than IV to me. Maybe when it comes out on PC the game will look better, play better, and fix some of the cons.
  39. Sep 28, 2013
    Everyone that gave this a negative review obviously have NOT played the game. People are just on this to hate because it is getting the money it deserves. "A billion in three days? What is this COD? I'm gonna go hate on Metacritic because its mainstream which obviously means that its overrated!". GTA V has set a new high for gaming. It features some of the best narrative, gameplay,Everyone that gave this a negative review obviously have NOT played the game. People are just on this to hate because it is getting the money it deserves. "A billion in three days? What is this COD? I'm gonna go hate on Metacritic because its mainstream which obviously means that its overrated!". GTA V has set a new high for gaming. It features some of the best narrative, gameplay, graphics and characters EVER in a video game. I got mad at myself for playing the game to fast, if that doesn't mean anything then you should play the game to see what I mean. You do NOT want this game to end! Its just to good! Michael, Trevor and Franklin are great characters and will be remembered for a long time. The huge beautiful world and millions of things to do make this game even better. And then on top of that there are the heists! I've been a long time gamer and I can say that the heist missions are some of the best levels I have ever played in a game! If I were to only have one game to play for the rest of the life I would be proud to have GTA V. Buy it if you haven't its well worth the hype. Expand
  40. Apr 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. The story is full of exciting missions and it also features a very interesting story. There are plenty of fun activities to do as well, such as hunting, racing, and plenty more. However, I do have a few complaints. First, the car customization is decen, but it pales in comparison to games like Forza, Midnight Club, and Saints Row. Secondly, there are only a handful ofThis game is amazing. The story is full of exciting missions and it also features a very interesting story. There are plenty of fun activities to do as well, such as hunting, racing, and plenty more. However, I do have a few complaints. First, the car customization is decen, but it pales in comparison to games like Forza, Midnight Club, and Saints Row. Secondly, there are only a handful of street races. Other than those few complaints, I think the game is perfect. Expand
  41. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm not usually that into Rockstar's games. I bought GTA IV a couple of years ago and never really finished it. The missions to me seemed very cookie cutter. Drive to point on map. Get mission. Chase/escort/kill someone. Run from cops. Lather rinse repeat. I bought Red Dead Redemption hoping the bold change in setting would grant some bold change in gameplay. I tired of that gameI'm not usually that into Rockstar's games. I bought GTA IV a couple of years ago and never really finished it. The missions to me seemed very cookie cutter. Drive to point on map. Get mission. Chase/escort/kill someone. Run from cops. Lather rinse repeat. I bought Red Dead Redemption hoping the bold change in setting would grant some bold change in gameplay. I tired of that game as well. When GTA V came out and received the same raving reviews as IV, I was still skeptical. To be honest, the push to buy this title was the GTA Online game. Engaging in sandbox chaos amongst my online counterparts seemed like the change that would bring me back into the fold. As everyone knows, the GTA Online portion was BROKE. So until Rockstar developed the proper patch to undo that mess, I figured I'd give the actual single player game a try. I thought multiplayer would be the GTA fix for me, but was I ever wrong. Heists. Heists are exactly what I was hoping for with GTA. Planning out these heists give such a gravity to the missions. Preparation no longer equals finding the right blip on the map to drive to in order to initiate the mission start cut screen. I'm all in on GTA V and running scores. Expand
  42. Oct 2, 2013
    While Grand Theft Auto V is an amazing ambitious technical achievement, it still has a lot of flaws and doesn't have that magic that previous games in the series had. I'm sure you've heard all the great stuff about GTAV, so I'm only going to focus on its problems.

When i first heard that the game would feature 3 main characters, it had me worried that the game would be 3 short stories instead of 1 long one. And this worry has since been confirmed. I managed to finish the main story in 13 hours and 34 minutes, plus i spent a good hour or two dicking about during the story. Also bare in mind that even though i had finished the main story missions, i was still only 74% complete. So while it's still a long game, it's still short for a GTA game.

The story isn't as good as previous GTA games. It's not a patch on GTA Sanandreas or GTAIV. You remember and grew fond of previous GTA characters. The only memorable one in GTAV is Trevor, and not because he's a good character who you will grow fond of and will on while playing the campaign. It's because of the crazy dark he does throughout the campaign.

It simply doesn't have the magic that previous GTA games had. I've been playing GTA since it began way back in 1997. I'm sot sure what it is, it just lacks that GTA magic! I'm still playing GTA Sanandreas 9yrs on, it just never gets old and i'm still discovering new buildings/clubs etc to explore 9yrs on. GTAV doesn't have all this. Yes it has buildings you can enter or buy, just nowhere near as many as GTA San Andreas has. For instance the size of GTAV is huge, yet it only has 1 strip club. It has Clucking Bell and Burger shots, but you can't enter any of them. You can enter clothes shops and buy an array of different clothes for your characters though, but still not as many as GTA Sanandreas. You can also enter 'some' petrol stations, even though the interior is just a copy and paste so each looks the same. Again, you could enter more and had more in GTA Sanandreas. So it's been scaled back in this area to add new different content, like Tennis, Yoga, drinking juice, alcohol, going to the cinema etc. You can't play pool or gamble like you could in GTA Sanandreas either.

Car damage has been toned WAY down and a bit weird in GTAV. In the previous instalment GTAIV, cars would realistically crumple on impact, even the roof. On GTAV you can kick a car and it would dent and smash realistically, but, if you crash into another car or a wall etc hardly anything happens and sometimes nothing happens at all! You can dent, scratch, have bits fall off, jam your wheels etc, it just a hell of a lot more to achieve all this and is very inconsistent. It really is a big let down and takes a lot of fun out of the game.

GTA has always been famous for adding such insane detail to its games, and GTAV is no exception. To see a car go around a corner to kick up a little swirling dust cloud is impressive even if i have only seen it happen once so far. The fact that Rockstar North adds these tiny details is part of what makes GTA so amazing. Trouble is GTAV misses some silly little things from previous games that niggle me. For instance, in GTAIV if you drove head on in traffic, the traffic would beep their horns and flash their lights. In GTAV they just beep their horns. In GTAIV if a pedestrian was in the way you bepped your horn and they would move. In GTAV they totally ignore your horn. To get them to move or react you have to be driving quite fast near them for them to react. Or if they refuse to move and ignore your horn you just have to wait for them to walk out the way or run them down. Breaking into cars is also a mixed bag. Some people react and some don't (In GTAIV they reacted) In GTAV they will either react with an "OMG" moment for a split second before walking off without a care in the world, some don't even notice or care, and some phone the police.

The Police A.I is another downer. You can't even fart without the police being alerted. In previous GTA's you could have a little fun before the police were even alerted. In GTAV if you even look at somebody wrong a whored of police is there to blow your head off. They way they hunt you down is very DRIV3R as well. This kills some of the fun for me.

Another thing is the handling. Each car has its own handling as in previous games, but this time its very twitchy and arcadey. And the bike handling is straight out of DRIV3R which is another huge let down. The handling in GTAIV was spot on, very cinematic.

The radio stations in GTA III were great. The radio stations in Vice City were fantastic. The radio stations in GTA Sanandreas were legendary. The radio stations in GTAIV were ok ish. The radio stations in GTAV between "meh" and ok ish. You can see it has tried to mimic GTA Sanandreas in a way, but it's falls flat. 90% of the music is poop (It features Brittney Spears, i know!!) and the humour is nowhere near as good as previous games.
  43. Apr 27, 2014
    It is rare to find an open world game that not only has a vast array of options for the player, but also has the level of polish that Grand Theft Auto 5 has. The main story may not have the focus that Niko's quest for the American dream had, and there are a few 'nit-picks' I have with Rockstar's choices e.g. flight controls, cheat codes not on phone. However these are small blemishes on anIt is rare to find an open world game that not only has a vast array of options for the player, but also has the level of polish that Grand Theft Auto 5 has. The main story may not have the focus that Niko's quest for the American dream had, and there are a few 'nit-picks' I have with Rockstar's choices e.g. flight controls, cheat codes not on phone. However these are small blemishes on an otherwise stellar video game experience. Expand
  44. Oct 6, 2013
    This was an amazing game, I loved almost everything about it.though the glitches where hilarious as heck,like shark swimming on the beach.

Rating's

Graphics *****
    Gameplay *****
    Sound *****
    Lasting appeal *****

[Flawless you ask I think not]

This game could hit game of the month,but watch dogs still looks like a great challenge.
  45. May 30, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V makes Hot Coffee look like ghost, the amount of nudity, drug uses, swearing and pretty much everything is here and it some how pulls it off with the great graphics and being good, the characters are something to care about, the heists are amazing (Certainly the Paleto Bay Heist) and a superb variety of stuff to spend on unlike GTA IV which lacked on stuff to buy.
    The
    The only thing that ruins the GTA V experience is GTA Online, its not totally terrible, but it lacks on GTA V stuff, we haven't got the stuff we were promised and it is still buggy.

GTA V = 10/10
    With GTA Online = 9.2/10
  46. Sep 25, 2013
    I could probably write a short essay about how incredible Grand Theft Auto V is, but I'll keep it short.

A brilliant, perfect length story, with a fantastic cast, set in a living, breathing, open world makes sure that the story aspect of Grand Theft Auto V is good. A large array of vehicles, with great driving and a fun modification system covers the vehicle aspect. There are enough weapons available, most of which can be modified, to provide a good range, without things becoming confusing, and when combined with a decent cover system, the weapons seem perfect. The in-game radio and other media is wonderfully satirical, and shamelessly mocks aspects of modern society. The world is big enough to keep you exploring for a while, but not so big that it seems daunting to attempt such a feat.

There are some tiny imperfections; you can mark point of interest, but not label them, and the clothing system doesn't allow certain combinations. But these are so easily overlooked, they are insignificant.

This game is a masterpiece.
  47. Sep 30, 2013
    Perfect, perfect, perfect. Absolutely perfect mechanics, hilarious and deep dialog, the characters begin to feel real as their relations develop. The only glitches are rare and are not game breaking or easily exploitable. Rockstar did an excellent job with this one.
  48. Sep 20, 2013
    The best game of the generation, and possibly one of the best of all time. One epic crime story packed into the most amazinh game world ever been. Unmissable, this is the dream come true.
  49. Sep 20, 2013
    I personally haven't finished the game yet, but it's perfect so far. I've had it since the release date, just haven't had time thanks to classes. But whenever I do get to play i play for hours on end and don't even notice. Great story. Great characters. Every gta game in one. I love it!
  50. Sep 21, 2013
    The game is one of the very few games which completely justifies the $60 price. This game has an amazing story, writing and gameplay. The driving is perfect and there is a lot of space to cover. This is also the best GTA yet and one of the greatest games of all time. The amount of stuff to do in this game is incredible and you will totally get lost into this living virtual world. Since itThe game is one of the very few games which completely justifies the $60 price. This game has an amazing story, writing and gameplay. The driving is perfect and there is a lot of space to cover. This is also the best GTA yet and one of the greatest games of all time. The amount of stuff to do in this game is incredible and you will totally get lost into this living virtual world. Since it is a mainstream game, this game also gets a lot negative reviews from butthurt trolls, and it is not at all overrated. So what are you waiting for, go ahead and buy this game. Expand
  51. Sep 26, 2013
    These days we get so used to game industry hyping there next game up to be the best, ground breaking, especially the big triple A franchise's, unfortunately we are also familiar with these games not really living up to the hype, but every now and again we get something very special..

Let me begin by saying GTA V is something very special, and one of the few games I can honestly say actually exceeds its pre launch hype, GTA V is not just a game its masterpiece! Now I understand the word "MASTERPIECE" is a very strong word but just like in the case of "THE LAST OF US" I think its more than deserved.

GTA V is the child of all the other Rockstar titles before it, you can see that R* haven't just been churning out titles and bathing in the profits, they have experimented and learned from everything that's gone before and this is the result.

The driving/combat mechanics have both been tweaked to an outstanding level, the combat is fluid and fun and you always feel connected to person your playing, more on that latter but they have done a great job here, the driving is the best yet of a GTA title, infact its the best of any title of its genre I've played, I say that because it does 2 things very well.. A) its fun, satisfying and at times intense, and B) it works well in the world it exists in, its never going to be Iracing but it works great in its setting, this tied with huge AI improvements makes for a nice experience, driving down the freeway having traffic traveling at believable speeds is a joy! When traffic is in full flow it can take a few seconds to overtake unless your in one of the super cars, standing on the side of the freeway you can feel the speed of the traffic its quite impressive. Would I change anything? of corse im not saying its a driving sim here, the brakes are to powerful on all cars
    Being my biggest gripe but like I said we're not talking expecting racing sim here standards here.

The new character switching new to GTA V is exceptionally well done, it was a brave move by R* to go down this route but they nailed it here and it pays off in bundles, switching from character to character never breaks the immersion and loading times are incredible all things considered, this new mechanic opened up the whole storyline making it possible for R* to not just simply offer 3 story lines and mission lines for the price of one but really flesh out the overall story and give a depth to that story that has never been achievable up untill now.

I could go on for ages talking about the things that GTA V does well, the love and commitment that has been thrown into it, its everywhere, the attention to detail is incredible, from the superb AI in the way it interacts with you and also the world around it, lure a shark into the beach and swimmers scream and race to the safety of the beach, one of my favourite pastimes is driving about in a convertible giving peds the middle finger and watching there reactions the fact that the anti crash buffers on the concrete lane dividers on the highways actually work by absorbing impact like its real life counterpart, the level of detail is incredible, it will have your jaw still hitting the floor long after the first few days of gameplay. The huge amount of things you can do is also very impressive and well done, the work thats gone into simply riding a rollercoaster for example, its not something that's just been thrown in to fill the game out its all received the same loving attention to detail.

However all this isn't the reason why GTA V is a masterpiece, its real secret is how all these beautifully crafted features are brought together into a package and how that package forms a living breathing world, most games run with a theme and nail bits on for good measure and to fill there features list, GTA V is very different in that all these little details create what it is, its an absolute joy to cruise down the road on a sunny day and let the game immerse you in its world, i'm a big fan of living breathing gaming worlds and this is by far the best ive ever experienced and by a good margin to.

The well written story is seamlessly cradled by the world its set in, something that is very rare, to capture that level of immersion and still give the player full freedom is a very fine line but R* have nailed it here, getting the player to fully immerse is a very difficult thing, thats what made TLOU the game it is, not for having any new super special mechanic, it just made you believe! And although these two games should not be compared you simply cannot ignore the fact that R* have hit that fabled sweetspot of a believable living breathing world where the story fits perfectly into it..

GTA V is a package loving sculpted into a rare masterpiece, and to say they did all this on current gen console specs is nothing short of witchcraft, titles like this don't come around to often so soak it up and enjoy it...

GTA V is a incredible achievement and a important milestone
  52. Sep 27, 2013
    Anyone who can't appreciate the sheer size and scope of this game, as well as the fantastic interweaving storylines, is a fool in my book. GTA V is an incredibly satisfying and immersive experience.
  53. Sep 29, 2013
    Well. GTA V. Rockstar's highly anticipated game that can only be unheard of if you've been living under a rock, or a star for that matter. Regardless, this game is still pretty good. And by good and I mean evil. Real evil. I like what they did with the characters, Frankie, Trevor and Michael, you know, make 'em evil and stuff. But at the same time, I hated it. I like characters who I justWell. GTA V. Rockstar's highly anticipated game that can only be unheard of if you've been living under a rock, or a star for that matter. Regardless, this game is still pretty good. And by good and I mean evil. Real evil. I like what they did with the characters, Frankie, Trevor and Michael, you know, make 'em evil and stuff. But at the same time, I hated it. I like characters who I just love to hate, and who do things for their own good. Like the Joker (Batman) and Kefka (Final Fantasy). But these guys... they do what they do for the sake of not being able to say they didn't do it... The are not the characters I would want to see in a game which SO MANY people claimed to be perfect. I really disagree with that statement. However, to every bad quality, there are some good qualities. And, my word, are there some good ones!
    First, the story. I won't go into too much detail, because I don't wanna check the 'Spoiler Box', but the story is... meh. Nothing exceptional, but nothing too terrible
  54. Oct 3, 2013
    My score a 5 out of 10. Simply because Multiplayer has been an utter travesty. For anyone who wants to play this game. Buy it for the Single Player only and get it on a discounted price, DO NOT BUY FOR MULTIPLAYER because at this time there is none whatsoever.
  55. Oct 5, 2013
    Simply put this is the best GTA by far. So many options games and activities. Rockstar adding the social club compatibility is super as well. Sure it's violent but this is only a video game. People who don't expect violence from this franchise are clearly looking in the wrong place. The addition of checkpoints in missions is especially welcome. I purchased a second TV so I can playSimply put this is the best GTA by far. So many options games and activities. Rockstar adding the social club compatibility is super as well. Sure it's violent but this is only a video game. People who don't expect violence from this franchise are clearly looking in the wrong place. The addition of checkpoints in missions is especially welcome. I purchased a second TV so I can play the game and do other things as well! Expand
  56. Oct 15, 2013
    This game is so overrated by critics. It's not worth a 10/10! The map is very large, but there is not much to do than in other GTA. Many many bug. Some Frustrating gameplay. Automatic shooting is so boring. This is a disappointment for me. Too many promises unfulfilled. Who wants to play golf, tennis etc We can not even sell our car. And I'm not talking about Online!!!
  57. Oct 20, 2013
    Every thing about this game is great, everything is possible and makes there no point in buying any other games for the next decade. Nothing is perfect, and, in truth it deserves a 9.7
  58. Oct 25, 2013
    It's an amazing game but sadly some trolls are making it look like a decent game. It's also a very big map and has many things to explore. Just watch out for a Mexican gang in the wilderness though. Not the best game in history but definitely one of the best!
  59. Oct 27, 2013
    This game seriously can't be praised enough!! I'm constantly in shock in regards to how big the world is and how much you can do. The story is incredible, the voice talents are phenomenal and the game play is second to none. I have been a hard core gamer for many many years. I can honestly say this game has is definitely in my top 5 of all games played. We need to reward game studiosThis game seriously can't be praised enough!! I'm constantly in shock in regards to how big the world is and how much you can do. The story is incredible, the voice talents are phenomenal and the game play is second to none. I have been a hard core gamer for many many years. I can honestly say this game has is definitely in my top 5 of all games played. We need to reward game studios for their efforts because it encourages them to push the boundaries and provide us with hours of enjoyment. I hope they come out with DLC... I'm not ready for the Los Santos story to end anytime soon!! Expand
  60. xa4
    Nov 3, 2013
    All what I'm disappointed in GTA5 is the terrible score users gave it, and GTA5 deserves a perfect score of 10/10 or atleast a 9 to be fair. Honestly, I hope all those awful people who gave it a zero must be some sort of a special retard 'cause they don't know what they're talking about!! Please retards, it's already hard enough to not use mean words and bad language on you morons...All what I'm disappointed in GTA5 is the terrible score users gave it, and GTA5 deserves a perfect score of 10/10 or atleast a 9 to be fair. Honestly, I hope all those awful people who gave it a zero must be some sort of a special retard 'cause they don't know what they're talking about!! Please retards, it's already hard enough to not use mean words and bad language on you morons...

Right, back too the review...

If you played every game out there that exists on xbox, you should probably know how flawless and excellent GTA5 runs on the 360 system for such a outrageously huge game with tons of features, story contexts, beautiful graphics, gameplay dynamics and physics etc.

GTA5 is simply just a spectacular piece of art by Rockstar© and I salute to them for such a wonderful achievement of a title in gaming history.

And please to those who haven't played GTA5 yet, don't believe what the retarded morons of noobville has to say of this great establishment in gaming.

Ps. This game is not for the faint hearted, and if you don't like it then don't review it! 'Cause then it is not meant for your liking....
  61. Jan 7, 2014
    This is the best game I have ever played, the story is great, and hilarious, and the side missions are just great, for example strangers and freaks. But it's not only the missions and the side missions, the map is huge so it's awesome just cruising in a muscle all around los santos. This game should get a WAY better score then it does.
  62. Feb 24, 2014
    Tbh.... I was disappointed with this game. I haven't even finished it yet, and I have had it since release day. as I played this game, I didn't feel any sense of progression at all. There also doesn't seem to be any clear villain or goal to work towards. On the other hand, sucker punching someone from behind is damn satisfying so it is quite a good stress reliever, but that doesn't saveTbh.... I was disappointed with this game. I haven't even finished it yet, and I have had it since release day. as I played this game, I didn't feel any sense of progression at all. There also doesn't seem to be any clear villain or goal to work towards. On the other hand, sucker punching someone from behind is damn satisfying so it is quite a good stress reliever, but that doesn't save it from the boring plot and bland characters. Expand
  63. Apr 16, 2014
    Awesome graphics,awesome game play,awesome story,everything in this game is awesome.The mechanic of use 3 characters in the same time works pretty well.The multiplayer is one of the best online modes I ever seen.Better than San Andreas,better than GTA lV,the best GTA of all time(until now,of course)
  64. May 22, 2014
    Okay, Arguably the Biggest game of the year, and one of the last big games of the generation, GTA V had a lot of hype surrounding it. And I'll just say that it was worth the wait. The game is pretty damn good. Now some people are gonna disagree with me on certain things I write in this review, most probably about the multiplayer portion of the game, GTA Online. But let e start off with theOkay, Arguably the Biggest game of the year, and one of the last big games of the generation, GTA V had a lot of hype surrounding it. And I'll just say that it was worth the wait. The game is pretty damn good. Now some people are gonna disagree with me on certain things I write in this review, most probably about the multiplayer portion of the game, GTA Online. But let e start off with the story portion of the game. It's definitly the best thing you'll get out of this game, at least at the moment. The characters, the setting, the vehicles, the guns, the side-quests, the entire GTA V universe is amazing. The feeling I got after I'd installed the second disc and the game finally began, was just.... damn. I was basically like OHHHAAWWWW SHEEEIT , OH MAH GAWD GTA V, OH MA GAWWD LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE. Basically, it was hype. Now the game starts off really well, with really likeable characters and good missions, that aren't just go here then there, kill this guy or whatever. they're well mixed and varied. The game actually features some of the best missions in the series, and they usually involve Trevor in some way or form. (Best character in my opinion) The heists are some of the most memorable moments i had with the story mode, especially a certain one, mid way through the game that involves a minigun. But they're not the only stand-out moments, the story between Michael and Trevor is the main driving force through the game, and they're involved in some of the best bit's, with some real tense moments throughout the story. The other character i've not mentioned is Franklin, who in my opinion is out shined by the other two when they're all together. Franklin was best when he was on his with one or the other, or when he was with others, such as Lamar. (who's a really good character as well). The story is filled with well written characters who you'll love and hate, and some great twists and turns.

Now what most people care about is the actual gameplay, which i can say is as fun as it has been. Now there are some changes to how the game plays, which is expected.

The biggest difference from GTA IV is the driving. It's a lot more fast paced and responsive the it previously was, with it veering more towards the feel of the 3D era GTA games, (GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas) which i think is good direction to go in. I didn't have a problem with GTA IV's driving physics, but it did take me a while to get used to them, and I can see that some people would prefer it to GTA IV's. Planes return at last, along with helicopters, boats, cars, motorbikes and bicycles(Finally!). A new addition to the family is the submersible, a submarine that allows easy exploration of the sea. The beautiful sea. Seriously, the sea looks amazing. Water reacts realistically, with waves becoming bigger and more violent during storms, rocking your boat all over the place. The sea is also fully mapped, with collectables scattered throughout it. You can also take a diving suit out, a swim underwater freely, without the need to go back up for air.... Although you may want to keep your wits about you unless you want to become shark food.

Animals have finally arrived into the GTA universe, although they are only really there to immerse you more into the game, they don't really serve any purpose like they did in Red Dead Redemption, another Rockstar game. There is a hunting mini game, but it's not as accessible as it was in Red Dead. When you've done it once, you've really experienced all it's got to give.You can even have a go at bounty hunting, although there are only four bountys in the entire game. Tennis, Golf, Darts and Yoga are Among the more conventional minigames you can have a go at, which is strange because I though they would have included all the other ones for GTA IV and it's episodes, which included Air hockey, Bowling and Pool, all of which would have been great for multiplayer. The story mode is great though overall, with a ton of stuff to do. Loads of missions, side missions, collectables, money to be made (use the stock market!) and fun to be had messing around in the world.

Now to the online portion of the game, GTA Online was hyped up immensely in the pre-release videos that were released for the game, and I have to say that it isn't as good as people expected it to be. While it was said that there would be tons of vareity to the game, and loads of different things to do, it really comes down to what you and your friends come up with while playing to keep the game entertaining.
    Obviously there's a lot of improvement over GTA IV's multiplayer, which was pretty basic, but for some reason i prefer GTA IV's multiplayer over V's. With GTA IV's multiplayer, there was no reason to get angry or annoyed with the game, there was never any penalties for dying or messing about , that's what made it so great. With GTA V's multiplayer, It makes you feel a lot more restrictive in how you play. It's the $.
  65. May 27, 2014
    An awesome game ! I did not liked GTA 4, I was waiting for an other GTA like the San Andreas episode.
    A fun, beautiful and very distracting game ! The Online is a real big change and a good surprise too !

Story is awesome
  66. May 28, 2014
    One of the only games I give a 10, besides Playstation exclusive The Last Of Us.

What I consider a 10 game is a well developed story, filler activities that keep you engaged, and the replay value. This game gave us excellent graphics, almost photorealistic on the Xbox 360, a funny and intriguing story, and lots of things to buy the money you earned in the game with. Now every game has its flaws, the online component of the game could be updated more often, it can get insanely repetitive, and not enough cash is there to be made. This is largely due to the fact that GTA:Online has micro transactions, so they are trying to box players into buying more in game money, because it takes so long to build up enough cash to do what you want online. I take issue with that in some regard, but hey companies have to keep revenue going somehow. Other than that the game is truly a masterpiece.
  67. Jul 5, 2014
    Great Game, I didn't expect that something could reach SA level, but this probably did. Great immersion, great music, great story, superb gameplay.

Good job.
  68. Oct 3, 2013
    GTAV is the best game if all time. Even with the early connectivity issues for the GTA Online, it is an amazing experience, just so easy to get consumed in the Los Santos world. Actually completing missions, or just murdering randoms, then escaping from police, this game is a must buy. Anyone who doesn't like this game is not alive or has never actually played it.
  69. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is wonderful. From story to multi-player, everything feels polished and well thought out.

I have had more fun on this game than I have in years. Welcome back GTA.
  70. Nov 7, 2013
    It is a great game actually the best game in Quality terms that I ever played. The world is that detailed that you would concider it art in a technical sense, not in an intellectual way, though it is a nice satire on nowadays society like the Simpsons for example.
  71. Dec 19, 2013
    Absolutely the first GTA since San Andreas that I can't find a fault in, just awesome game and only complaint is the radio isn't quite as good as I thought it would be. Characters are well thought out but I do miss the Celebrity Cameos but I'll forgive that, worth the wait!!!!
  72. Apr 5, 2014
    A superb creation of incomparable detail and awe that is filled to the brim with interesting content and hilarious satire of American culture. The story focuses on three anti-heroes who pull off a series of explosive heists. The single-player took me about 50 hours to complete, including a few of the shenanigans and side-activities I participated in. I have put almost 150 hours into theA superb creation of incomparable detail and awe that is filled to the brim with interesting content and hilarious satire of American culture. The story focuses on three anti-heroes who pull off a series of explosive heists. The single-player took me about 50 hours to complete, including a few of the shenanigans and side-activities I participated in. I have put almost 150 hours into the online portion of the game that is, while flawed, an extremely fun variety of missions, races and deathmatches of the highest caliber. Grand Theft Auto V fulfills the empty promises Grand Theft Auto IV put forward back in 2008 and I think it's safe to say that the game is possibly the best open world game ever crafted. Bravo Rockstar. Expand
  73. Nov 21, 2013
    Everything Grand Theft Auto was imagined and suppose to be. After being an overrated sandbox game for years Rockstar managed to put out one of the game with the most value and depth out there. Should not disappoint anyone. Racing feels as fun as any racing game out there. Integrated Social Club is a nice touch also.
  74. Mar 7, 2014
    Would probably be a good game, but good god, Console controls are just terrible. Driving in any decent car is just impossible and forget trying to shoot anything. Here's hoping they sim launch PC someday, but probably wont because they fear the evil Pirate.
  75. Oct 3, 2013
    This is a prime example of why game developers should not release a game every year. The shear scope and polish on this game is daunting. Some reviewers are complaining of bad graphics but considering the size of the world and the fact that its on hardware from 2006 is nothing short of a miracle. The only real issue I have is making money in single player is slower than it should be. TheThis is a prime example of why game developers should not release a game every year. The shear scope and polish on this game is daunting. Some reviewers are complaining of bad graphics but considering the size of the world and the fact that its on hardware from 2006 is nothing short of a miracle. The only real issue I have is making money in single player is slower than it should be. The multiplayer is going through its hiccups but from what I've played it has tons of promise. Expand
  76. Jul 4, 2014
    The Singleplayer is entertaining and the production value is high. However a lot of the side-missions lack incentive for completing and serve only as minor distractions. Though to the games defense they are all well made and fun. This also applies to the story-missions, which are all entertaining and add twists to what some consider a monotonous formula of "drive here and either shoot,The Singleplayer is entertaining and the production value is high. However a lot of the side-missions lack incentive for completing and serve only as minor distractions. Though to the games defense they are all well made and fun. This also applies to the story-missions, which are all entertaining and add twists to what some consider a monotonous formula of "drive here and either shoot, collect or chase something."

GTA online is great. Lot's of modes and missions to play, some are incredibly fun. One that I enjoyed tasked two teams of four with collecting a package and returning it to their home base. The result was an explosive game of tug-of-war. There's a lot to say about GTA-online, but really all you need to know is that it's fun and the range of customisation is impressive.
  77. Jun 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The GTA series is the best sandbox game out there. Not only is the single mode exciting, lively, full of action, but its also GRREEAAATT. Its online is also a very good part and I think its the best section. You get to create your character buy what you want (earning your money) including cars, apartments, and even clothes! I recommending buying this game right away if you dont already have it. Expand
  78. Nov 5, 2013
    Great game. GTA Online is really the only thing you can play though after you beat the story. Once you beat the story GTA 5 becomes Retirement Simulator 2013.
  79. Oct 5, 2013
    Beautifully designed masterpiece, a quality game that really shows the true workmanship of Rockstar Games. The story is beautifully written and had me immersed at all times, the action was non-stop from the get go and the Online feature just takes the best things out of single player and combines the fun with your friends. Can't wait to see what Rockstar Games does next! Oh and btw, weBeautifully designed masterpiece, a quality game that really shows the true workmanship of Rockstar Games. The story is beautifully written and had me immersed at all times, the action was non-stop from the get go and the Online feature just takes the best things out of single player and combines the fun with your friends. Can't wait to see what Rockstar Games does next! Oh and btw, we need a good PC version! Expand
  80. Jan 11, 2014
    Don't get me wrong, this is a great game. Is it the hail almighty best fuc**** game ever? No.
    There's a lot of repetition within missions, and 2 of the 3 characters are very, VERY cliche. I ended up face palming many of the writer's lines.
    I would wait until the price goes to around 30-40$.
  81. Nov 14, 2013
    Virtual reality with a control pad! Single player's a great story. GTA Online's an amazing place to lose yourself in, even better with friends! The ultimate evolution of living world sandbox games.
  82. Feb 10, 2014
    I myself at first had great fun with this title, yet the fun very much wears thin after an extremely short amount of time. You see, the game has so much, and believe me a lot of it is very appreciable and is fun, yet so so much of it is painfully sub-par. Allow me to make an example, in one mission playing as Trevor (who buy the way is a psychopath who should have far better things to doI myself at first had great fun with this title, yet the fun very much wears thin after an extremely short amount of time. You see, the game has so much, and believe me a lot of it is very appreciable and is fun, yet so so much of it is painfully sub-par. Allow me to make an example, in one mission playing as Trevor (who buy the way is a psychopath who should have far better things to do with his time, such as blowing up international airports and banging women) in which I had to blend into a work environment in order to plan a robbery, and this involved using a crane to stack crates. FOR HALF AN HOUR. THIS MONEY GRABBING, 9.5 ACTION AWESOME BADASS TITLE HAS ME STACKING CRATES AND A DOCK FOR HALF AND HOUR. GOD! I hope future titles in the Grand Theft Auto series have far less grindy nonsense than this overblown bore. Expand
  83. Nov 7, 2013
    One of the best games ever, only rival to skyrim and last of us, on this gen, please explain why the low scores, i think this is the best in the gta series with all you need about mafia, cars and action, a true masterpiece by legendary rockstar studio
  84. Jan 3, 2014
    Masterpiece. Only word to describe the game.

The graphics are beautiful, gameplay is completly playable, characters have emotions, a character, a behaviour. This giant open world map makes the game even more better. Wide selection of vehicles, weapons, races... The game has one problem. The Online has connection issues. But, regardless, game of the year.
  85. Dec 31, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V pushes the boundaries of what a game can do, especially on such dated hardware. The game is beautiful, the map is huge, and the world is fun to traverse. Tons of different activities ensure many hours of playtime, and none of these activities ever fail to be boring.
  86. Jan 4, 2014
    Anyone who bought the game for GTA: O should reflect upon their lives.

Anyone who bought the game for GTA: O should reflect upon their lives.

The plot is full of tropes but the performances given by the entire cast are rock solid. GTA V is encrusted with crude dialogue and ultra violent scenarios. Everyone knows what the GTA formula consists of. This time around, it's Los Santos which steals the show. The attention to detailed is unparallelled. GTA V has rendered every other open world game, including it's own installments, obsolete. It is peerless.
  87. May 30, 2014
    Great, massive, overwhelming, impressive, all round game. swimming, running, driving, shooting. and everything you can wish. Gta needs no introduction, Amazing experiences worth bullet loads of cash! Rock star games has a winner right here! Bigger and better than any previous Gta. The gaming heaven. You're not playing this game for a emotional story. however a laugh, some fun and someGreat, massive, overwhelming, impressive, all round game. swimming, running, driving, shooting. and everything you can wish. Gta needs no introduction, Amazing experiences worth bullet loads of cash! Rock star games has a winner right here! Bigger and better than any previous Gta. The gaming heaven. You're not playing this game for a emotional story. however a laugh, some fun and some seriously fu*ked up characters to go along with. Expand
  88. Nov 2, 2013
    A just about perfect game in almost every way; great, engaging story, funny and likable characters, and the most importantly a world rich with detail that you can basically destroy and get into an endless battle with the police. It is all around great and not much more needs to be said about the game. If I had only one gripe with the game and it is not about the single player; it is thatA just about perfect game in almost every way; great, engaging story, funny and likable characters, and the most importantly a world rich with detail that you can basically destroy and get into an endless battle with the police. It is all around great and not much more needs to be said about the game. If I had only one gripe with the game and it is not about the single player; it is that the multiplayer has a lot of improvement that needs to be made, such as faster times getting into a game and a more rewarding mission payout. Other than that, I see GTA Online going far and that GTA V is certainly a contender for me as Game of The Year. Expand
  89. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the best games of this generation the game is just so so sexy fresh.. It was a breath taking experience a very immersiveexperience in the city of Los santos if you don't buy this game...your missing out. Can't believe there is negative votes here 100% fan boys of other games..
  90. Nov 17, 2013
    The greatest game of 2013. After Rockstar fixed all the bugs for Online, the game just got better (if that's even imaginable). If you enjoyed past GTAs such as San Andreas and IV, you will cry at the sight of GTA V.
  91. Oct 20, 2013
    I love this game so much i get a fast car and take Franklin's dog out for a ride during the nighttime because the night/day cycle is very realistic and looks amazing the characters are great there are now a wide variety of weapons to choose from that you can attach mods on it such as a Grip, Suppressor, Extended mag etc... there are now heists witch are not really new because previous GTAI love this game so much i get a fast car and take Franklin's dog out for a ride during the nighttime because the night/day cycle is very realistic and looks amazing the characters are great there are now a wide variety of weapons to choose from that you can attach mods on it such as a Grip, Suppressor, Extended mag etc... there are now heists witch are not really new because previous GTA installments have had Heists but these ones are so good and cinematic but a couple are just boring and cars are able to be customized even more. The land of San Andreas is more bigger adding more Forests and a bigger desert than GTA: SA and with online you will never get bored of this game! And i can't wait for the next gen GTA to come out i bet it will be big as hell! Expand
  92. Oct 4, 2013
    This game is a ten, 9 alone with just single player. The story is just as good as in GTA 4 (However the characters you play aren't as likable as Niko) It's a masterpiece. Fun gameplay, huge open world, and lots of activities and side missions to keep you busy for hours on end. I am one of the few, who actually like the characters. Well, Franklin and Micheal a bit. They seem to beThis game is a ten, 9 alone with just single player. The story is just as good as in GTA 4 (However the characters you play aren't as likable as Niko) It's a masterpiece. Fun gameplay, huge open world, and lots of activities and side missions to keep you busy for hours on end. I am one of the few, who actually like the characters. Well, Franklin and Micheal a bit. They seem to be struggling with some want to get away from crime, but they just can't. Trevor however, well...he's funny so yeah Buy the game, it's worth the money if only for single player, and the online is extremely fun, although at the time, it is buggy as hell. Expand
  93. Oct 3, 2013
    Believe the hype. I've had more fun with this game than any other game in a long time. There are so many endearing features, I can't list them all. I can simply tell you to just go out and buy this game.
  94. Sep 28, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is easily my favorite game in the series, and if not maybe my favorite game by Rockstar. It seems Rockstar has taken the best elements from Red Dead, Max Payne and Grand Theft Auto 4 to craft this. The shooting feels fluid, the country side is beautiful and there is endless ways to have fun in the city. If you want to do something in Grand Theft Auto 5, chances are youGrand Theft Auto V is easily my favorite game in the series, and if not maybe my favorite game by Rockstar. It seems Rockstar has taken the best elements from Red Dead, Max Payne and Grand Theft Auto 4 to craft this. The shooting feels fluid, the country side is beautiful and there is endless ways to have fun in the city. If you want to do something in Grand Theft Auto 5, chances are you can do it. This game has had some of the most fun and insane missions from any open world game I've played (even beating Just Cause 2) Grand Theft Auto V is a definite buy or play. Expand
  95. Sep 27, 2013
    Its the same of all time, but its ok. By the way, the online has not released yet, but I think it will be very similar with GTA IV, just as I say it, the same of all time.
  96. Nov 14, 2013
    The regular single player is amazing its a nine out of ten but the online mode is Brilliant and makes a perfect game if you don't have it go to the closest store and if you don't you will be so pissed when you see your friends with it
  97. Oct 3, 2013
    Ok, so I have been waiting 9 years to go back to Los Santos and when I heard this game was coming out I knew it was going to be incredible. From the first trailer that gave me goosebumps till now, it has been a great time. My thoughts on the game though, it is great. It seems Rockstar put everything into this game and yes, while the story isn't as deep as Read Dead or GTA IV, it is veryOk, so I have been waiting 9 years to go back to Los Santos and when I heard this game was coming out I knew it was going to be incredible. From the first trailer that gave me goosebumps till now, it has been a great time. My thoughts on the game though, it is great. It seems Rockstar put everything into this game and yes, while the story isn't as deep as Read Dead or GTA IV, it is very funny thanks to the dialogue. All the characters feel unique and I have one critique about the story that bugged me in my 30 hour play through. Michael and Trevor randomly get into arguments only to be friends again and go back into another argument. It ruined a lot of consistency problems and kinda bugged me. But, the rest of the game is a shining jewel. There is so much to do, from pimping your ride to hunting and even golf. The mini activities feel natural and fluid, it dosen't feel tacked on at all. Best thing though is the driving, it feels vastly improved over any GTA. All vehicles feel very different from one another and each vehicle has an advantage on different terrain. Cops are way more brutal in this game than any GTA, people do complain about no military coming after you, but you really do not need them because the cops will destroy you head on. It feels realistic and you can also hide in alleys or out of their line of sight. The graphics are stunning, from the bright sandy Vespucci Beach to the heights of Mt. Chiliad it looks almost next gen. Another cool feature is the way money plays, you can buy tattoos, haircuts, and properties with the money you got(illegally). It has way more things to purchase than
    GTA IV. The most hyped feature of GTA V was GTA Online. It was understandable why it took me four hours to get on, I hate it when people get angry at Rockstar because it would not work day one for many people. I guess I was lucky and there is a lot of things to do. The most satisfying thing to do is getting a bunch of friends on your "world" drive around and do whatever you want. One minute I was robbing a store, the next I was picked by a friend in a helicopter to escape the cops. There is also your traditional deathmatch, races, and brand new jobs. But, the shining star is free roam. Feel like robbing a gas station, well now you can yell at the cashier to go faster and he will respond. The heist are not available at this time, so I cannot review them. You can customize your character in a rather new way with the hereditary trait system that really feels unique. You can also buy cars and apartments and they cost a lot of money so you better save. I will say this though, out of all the crappy games we got out of this console generation, Rockstar sends the Xbox 360 and PS3 off with a bang. If you want to unleash your inner psychopath or just play it for pure fun, GTA V is the game where anything in the criminal world is possible. It can be compared to Ocarina of Time as one of the greatest games ever released. 10/10
  98. Oct 3, 2013
    So much to love about it, plenty of little features that make this game awe-worthy. The graphics are fantastic, though a little bit of anti-aliasing wouldn't have been nice, it is quite understandable why this wasn't something that will have easily been done. The story is solid and I really enjoyed being able to switch between the 3 characters on demand. My only wish is that Las VenturasSo much to love about it, plenty of little features that make this game awe-worthy. The graphics are fantastic, though a little bit of anti-aliasing wouldn't have been nice, it is quite understandable why this wasn't something that will have easily been done. The story is solid and I really enjoyed being able to switch between the 3 characters on demand. My only wish is that Las Venturas was one of the areas, would have loved to do some casino heists All in all, although this game isn't perfect, it's pretty damn close and I will most certainly be playing it plenty more in the near future and especially when GTA Online is fixed. Expand
  99. Oct 4, 2013
    This game is Great! Why only a seven out of ten? Because a seven out of ten is good! This game achieves many things. The easiest way to explain it is like this. Imagine San Andreas had a child with GTA 4, it took the mother's eyes, and personality, but the father's loves,and passions. This is what GTA 5 is, i mix between the best of GTA San Andreas and GTA 4 to make a behemoth of a game.This game is Great! Why only a seven out of ten? Because a seven out of ten is good! This game achieves many things. The easiest way to explain it is like this. Imagine San Andreas had a child with GTA 4, it took the mother's eyes, and personality, but the father's loves,and passions. This is what GTA 5 is, i mix between the best of GTA San Andreas and GTA 4 to make a behemoth of a game. But, and this is a stinky but. The script, and characterization are total crap! GTA 4 was witty, cynical, and interesting, meanwhile GTA 5 is filled with toilet humor. Apart from the the game isn't very creative, and does little to change the formula. Sure i can play as three different characters, but when does character's scripts are no more complex than And their arcs are more like angles it makes little difference. It's fun in gameplay to switch between people, but it's not different enough to be praised as much as it is. And after 7 games in the same series, all just being slight upgrades of the others, i would have expected perfection by now. If this was a new IP I would praise it and tell them to keep going and try to improve. But considering this how old this series now is i just want to say one thing to Rockstar. Maybe you guys should stop beating this horse, because you have almost killed, but time after time you fail to finish it off. Buy a new horse and maybe with the experience you got from the old one you can kill this one quickly. Expand
  100. Oct 3, 2013
    The overall experience in the in-game economics, and also potential gun play missions attracted me to this game. For one, almost nowhere is off-limits if you don't get caught, and weapons can be customized. I enjoy the fact that you are able to switch between characters. The citizens is also not just walking aimlessly around, and seems to have a personality. These are all the good points,The overall experience in the in-game economics, and also potential gun play missions attracted me to this game. For one, almost nowhere is off-limits if you don't get caught, and weapons can be customized. I enjoy the fact that you are able to switch between characters. The citizens is also not just walking aimlessly around, and seems to have a personality. These are all the good points, and the parts that makes it enjoyable for me. A lot of work were put in with the world itself.

Some people might call this blasphemy, but GTA V is not what I expected. As an adult, who used to mingle in circles with biker gangs and miners, I can honestly say the amount of using "f$%" in one minute is completely out of the acceptable level. Yes, as an adult you don't let kids play this, but, they can still hear. I play games with proper sound on to enjoy it. Also have a job and don't play much during the week, so on weekends I have to play this on near mute

The sex scenes is also completely unnecessary. It felt to me the script and story were written by young virgins. There is a fine line between controversial and just plain trashy. A great game does not need this kind of content to make it sell. See my first paragraph. If it was left as side missions, where it's up to the player to discover, it's ok but making it part of the main plot is, well, losing the plot.

Last complaint, the battle mechanics is really not up to scratch as with other 3rd player games. Yes, people use the term "But it's open world". Look at Infamous and Batman for comparison. Not to mention the upcoming Watchdogs. This part I felt was neglected.

I won't comment on the driving. For me it's ok, since I don't really do driving games. If I can avoid it I use the taxi or aircraft. But this is a matter of taste, and I am sure most people play this game just for this part.

Overall I think the hype sold it. It has a huge fanbase, but this is definitely not for everyone.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.