8.1

1. Oct 4, 2013
    Jealous people who give lowest score just stop gaming, because you don't know it. 10/10 and one of the best games ever made. After what I experienced playing GTA V I have never expected it to be this awesome and I am a hardcore fan of games and especially Grand Theft Auto series. Rockstar just blow my mind for a 50th time.
  2. Oct 6, 2013
    Best GTA ever.
    World is awesome, not empty filled with missions random events and sometimes funny moments
    Story is so good and funny characters are so deep voice acting is incredible and probably best open world sandbox ever made
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    The only reason why I'm giving GTA5 a neutral rating is because I'm unsure, it's way to hyped but that's to be expected, it's a R* game, ITS GTA., that being said the game it self is ok at best, beat it afue hours ago, the story was.... above average at best, it was obvious to see where it all was going before it went there and I for one don't like predictable games, game play was the sameThe only reason why I'm giving GTA5 a neutral rating is because I'm unsure, it's way to hyped but that's to be expected, it's a R* game, ITS GTA., that being said the game it self is ok at best, beat it afue hours ago, the story was.... above average at best, it was obvious to see where it all was going before it went there and I for one don't like predictable games, game play was the same as any GTA, default auto-aim unless changed and the free aiming sucks, melee combat is clunky and slow with poor hit detection and the driving is as unrealistic as always, music channels and the songs in them are very poor and almost seems rushed and the movement isn't much improved compared to the past games but I did like the idea of 3 character switching in the middle of doing a Heist, the abilities the characters have are useful but pointless because I rarely used them and the skills didn't seem to make a huge difference in the games play style so those didn't matter really either, the multiplayer of GTA Online I can't rate or talk about because my char is level 10 and by the looks of it I won't get any higher because I either have session problems with timing out or being kicked off or I get kicked from games for no reason that I can see. All in all its worth playing but not worth paying full price for. (thank god my friend bought me mine) Expand
  4. Oct 10, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is an amazingly beautiful game, but fails to capture me in the story and character development. If this game wasn't a sandbox, Id rate it even lower.
  5. Feb 11, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V successfully takes us back into the new viewpoints of San Andreas,meanwhile digging deeper into its concepts and determination of the darker side of the American Dream. It may not capture the dark manners that the stories of Niko Bellic and John Marston pushed, but it also blown our minds by expanding a cool non-linear narrative structure for its three leads (Trevor isGrand Theft Auto V successfully takes us back into the new viewpoints of San Andreas,meanwhile digging deeper into its concepts and determination of the darker side of the American Dream. It may not capture the dark manners that the stories of Niko Bellic and John Marston pushed, but it also blown our minds by expanding a cool non-linear narrative structure for its three leads (Trevor is honestly the greatest, but also, the most violent of them all) and combining them with amazing mechanics, totally superb activities, improved driving and gunplay (go play Midnight Club or Red Dead Redemption), and
    the mind-blowing sights of a sun-soaked metropolis struggling to survive by being occupied by TV and pleasure, but messed by wiseguys and self-help gurus. If the sequel is about the darker side of the American Dream, then GTA V explains it more by explaining the cruel reality of the American Dream by further explaining that it does make cruel fun of what is most important: sex, violence, drugs, mayhem, corruption, misogyny, torture, psychopathic, and the pursuit of the mighty American dollar bill. By all of that, Grand Theft Auto V is still everything we all want to expect: beautiful, brutal, sexy, high, disturbing,
    and somehow highly expanded, partially due to activities, improvements, and the wealth of fortune.
  6. Ogr
    Oct 14, 2013
    GTA V is a huge open-world-game filled with tons of stuff to do. Everything about this game is already said, so to cut a long story short: GTA V makes fun, it makes fun to cruise around and switch from one character to another etc., but I must admit that I don't like the story oft GTA V and all in all it's "just" another Grand Theft Auto. There are some new things of course, but they don'tGTA V is a huge open-world-game filled with tons of stuff to do. Everything about this game is already said, so to cut a long story short: GTA V makes fun, it makes fun to cruise around and switch from one character to another etc., but I must admit that I don't like the story oft GTA V and all in all it's "just" another Grand Theft Auto. There are some new things of course, but they don't give me a feeling of playing a new game. After playing GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV this game gives me not much except doing everything I already knew from the older games very well.
    So GTA V plays very well, but still I hope for more innovation for the next Rockstar game.
  7. Oct 18, 2013
    PROS:
    story
    graphics
    weapons
    controls
    huge world
    heists
    CONS:
    molotov are rare
    it takes too long to escape cops
    unrealistic vehicle damage

much more pros i dont have the patience to type
  8. Oct 18, 2013
    To give this game an 8 or below is just stupid. This game is one of the funnest GTA's I have ever played. It has the best gameplay, best story, and the best graphics by a long shot. It looks like GTA IV on mega steroids. Now the online is fixed. To give this game a zero over online is mentally retarded. The story is much better than the online too. Overall this is a 10.
  9. Oct 19, 2013
    I honestly think calling it the 'final party' of this generation isn't true, this game is the project X of this generation. From the very start to the satisfaction of getting that 100% achievement this game keeps on giving even after that 100%, the plot was excellent, graphics astonishing and, most importantly the gameplay was outstanding.
    So where should I start, well the huge scale of
    So where should I start, well the huge scale of the map would be a good place to start, as soon as you check the map most of the area is undiscovered and is covered in a blur, in a very Far Cry 3 style.
    We then move on to the main part of the game, the missions, right from the beginning the way that the characters interact with each other is astounding, but one of the most different things in comparison to the the other Grand Theft Autos are the cut scenes, right from the beginning I genuinely looked forward to see the next conversation between Michael and Trevor, or anyone else for that matter.
    So if I haven't convinced you to buy this game or at least try it, I don't know what will.
    Thanks for reading- Rexian
  10. Oct 19, 2013
    This game has unbelievable graphics and is honestly the best gta game of all time in terms of graphics, plot and replay value. The voice acting is incredible and the characters are actually believable
  11. Oct 21, 2013
    Well i think this game was good but did not really live up to its expectation i really did not enjoy the story although the heist was something new and refreshing but i wish there was more heists the mechanics were really improved and i really enjoyed leveling up my character by doing side activities.I was really surprised that the side missions where better than some missions in the storyWell i think this game was good but did not really live up to its expectation i really did not enjoy the story although the heist was something new and refreshing but i wish there was more heists the mechanics were really improved and i really enjoyed leveling up my character by doing side activities.I was really surprised that the side missions where better than some missions in the story line.I did not think that rockstar put a lot of time in the wilderness and i was really boring just walking in the wilderness but Los Santos was a really nice city walk around in but losing the heat while trying to kill civilians was really annoying i thought that the side activities where good enough.GTA online was a really big disappointment i just got bored of it because it felt like a grind to make just 50.000 without getting bored even with friends i got boring and i forgot on thing and that was that everything felt depressing at least in the single player where everyone is angry,poor,stupid and sex addicted trevor was just a prick and a letdown like most of the game was. Expand
  12. Dec 2, 2013
    Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER
  13. Nov 1, 2013
    Freemode to start with gives you so much to do such as fun activities like tennis. Story takes many, many hours to complete. Plus if you add on the numerous side missions, it'll take you even longer. The lengthy amount of time it takes to complete just adds to the enjoyment of driving around, shooting up something, finding easter eggs and/or completing achievements. The map is very big andFreemode to start with gives you so much to do such as fun activities like tennis. Story takes many, many hours to complete. Plus if you add on the numerous side missions, it'll take you even longer. The lengthy amount of time it takes to complete just adds to the enjoyment of driving around, shooting up something, finding easter eggs and/or completing achievements. The map is very big and is bigger than any previous gta map and has a varied environment with a city and a countryside. Gta Online is very good as well and is similar to single player but there are more customisable options and you can play alongside random people, friends, a crew, etc. I would have given this a 9 because of glitches and bugs to single player and online with some making the game unplayable, but they seem to have sorted them out now with a series of updates. Also anyone who played the online through the problems in October will get $500k split in 2 settlements sometime soon after the next update of me writing this review. Expand
  14. Nov 1, 2013
    The game is a must buy. There are barely any glitches and it runs smoothly. The characters are amazingly interesting and their story arcs are some of the most interesting in gaming. The gameplay itself is highly refined,and there is so much freedom in the huge open world. The missions are very fun and never repetitive. It is hard to explain quite what about it makes it so special,so if youThe game is a must buy. There are barely any glitches and it runs smoothly. The characters are amazingly interesting and their story arcs are some of the most interesting in gaming. The gameplay itself is highly refined,and there is so much freedom in the huge open world. The missions are very fun and never repetitive. It is hard to explain quite what about it makes it so special,so if you want to find out I strongly recommend this game. I didn't go into details about the game because everyone knows what GTA is like, but this one is the best of them all. Expand
  15. Nov 11, 2013
    Anybody who rates this game below a 7 is an idiot, don't listen to them they're probably CoD fanboys. I really can't add anything that isn't already in the reviews.
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    Great Game.

The Dialogue is pristine. and the humor is generally more funnier than the last game. The Driving Mechanics from San Andreas is back that we all know and love. and this game is just a good time for hours on end. This game is a must-have and a good excuse to keep the seventh generation console.
  17. Nov 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One should be insane to give this AWESOME game low scores. It just replaces real world when you're getting bored with it. The game that will remain the best for a very long time... Till the next chapter is released. Expand
  18. Nov 6, 2013
    Best game that has been released! Makes a lot of fun and everything is beautifully done. The story gives a lot of fun and gives you a lot of time of fun. Highly recommend to all, it is really worth to play again recommend;)
  19. Nov 8, 2013
    GTA 5 goes where no other grand theft auto game has gone. The online feels sort of like an MMO and all the things you can do with your friends is just limitless. The single player is good; not as good as GTA 4, but multiplayer is where its at. Rockstar is doing everything in its power to fix any issues with online service and for that I give Grand Theft Auto a 10/10. This game can easilyGTA 5 goes where no other grand theft auto game has gone. The online feels sort of like an MMO and all the things you can do with your friends is just limitless. The single player is good; not as good as GTA 4, but multiplayer is where its at. Rockstar is doing everything in its power to fix any issues with online service and for that I give Grand Theft Auto a 10/10. This game can easily be the game of the decade. Expand
  20. Nov 10, 2013
    Single player run through was one of the best experiences I have had in gaming. The switching between the three characters and was amazingly done. The multiplayer became stale after awhile though. But most games do. I still have to give it a 10 out of 10.
  21. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V, I was semi looking forward to it, I was looking forward to Saints row 4 so much more. Sadly that was a disappointment, so after that I was hopeful that the Big one Grand Theft Auto 5 would bring "it" to the table. Oh, and they brought "it" and so much more. I believe that Gta 5 is the BEST game of 2013 I have not played a game so much since Skyrim, I only have three gripes about theGTA V, I was semi looking forward to it, I was looking forward to Saints row 4 so much more. Sadly that was a disappointment, so after that I was hopeful that the Big one Grand Theft Auto 5 would bring "it" to the table. Oh, and they brought "it" and so much more. I believe that Gta 5 is the BEST game of 2013 I have not played a game so much since Skyrim, I only have three gripes about the game so I might as well get them out of the way now.

Slightly Annoying things about GTA 5:
    1. The Advertizing for the game. Loved it/Hated it.
    2. The online System glitches (I got de-ranked 10 levels and lost about $40,000 near the start)
    3. Xbox Loading times.

Now, as for the first one; I saw Street adds for the game Everywhere, Nuf said. I loved that they did not give us much if not any info about the game if we did not go looking for it.

2nd, It an issue that happened to me personally and I got a little ticked off by it so that is why that is there.

Last but Not least, LOADING SCREEN!!! I have not idea if it was like this for anyone else but the loading screen when you first load the game, Is at times about 7 to 15 minutes long for me. Now, I am a patient person, but anything over 3-4 minutes is irritating, and I dealt with nearly 1250 hours of Skyrim on Xbox so I know my loading screens.

Anyway, Besides those few things I LOVED the game:
    Story: 10/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Controlability: 9/10 Some driving and character issues
    Characters: 11/10 Amazing/funny Characters in the game
    Voice actors: 15/10 Trevor, Nuf said

Time spent in the game so far: 85 Hours Single-Player, 15 Hours Multi-Player
  22. Nov 8, 2013
    Overall a very well polished game, filled with content, variety and replayability. Almost every element of the game is perfect, and it only really has a couple of flaws such as the lack of more interiors, safehouses in SP and some other minor nitpicky things that are basically worth nothing when you compare it to the sheer amount of things that the game has and does well. 10/10 for me.
  23. Nov 8, 2013
    This game was brilliantly made, story line was pretty much perfect, the way you switch your characters and all fits together amazing! The physics on the game were incredible very real life simulated. Graphics Top notch shame not to see on the new gen consoles. I loved all the GTA games and this one is by far the best and favorite.
  24. Nov 10, 2013
    Excellent and exciting story with a good interaction between the three characters, amazing graphics and sound effects, phisic realism and a nice gameplay. GAME OF THE YEAR.
  25. Dec 11, 2013
    The had a few disapoinments at the start on the online servers but since then the game has changed my opinion by being given 500k and the new stimulus package.I would rate the game as 8 out of 10
  26. Nov 14, 2013
    One of the best games of all time? No it is THE BEST game of all time. All of us who have played GTA or who have not, everything little fault that the GTA series has had (and not many) have been taken care of. Amazing gameplay, sonorous soundtrack, absolutely beautiful graphics and a great story which moves at a breakneck speed due to three pronged approach to story telling. There willOne of the best games of all time? No it is THE BEST game of all time. All of us who have played GTA or who have not, everything little fault that the GTA series has had (and not many) have been taken care of. Amazing gameplay, sonorous soundtrack, absolutely beautiful graphics and a great story which moves at a breakneck speed due to three pronged approach to story telling. There will never be a finer game. This game is a mockery of next-gen cause this is next-gen right here right now. This is culmination of whole of Rockstar Games multiple studios and Rockstar North's tireless efforts to create a masterpiece. And this is not just any masterpiece, it is the most beautiful thing created, if games are art, then GTAV is their Monalisa. Expand
  27. Nov 14, 2013
    The main reason why GTA V is such an amazing game, is because of it's innovation. Most big blockbusters today, just gets pushed by publishers to follow the same formula year in and year out, so they can make safe money. With GTA V, they took plenty of risks, innovated in every aspect and boy did it pay off. They gave us something that is quite rare in todays game-world. something thatThe main reason why GTA V is such an amazing game, is because of it's innovation. Most big blockbusters today, just gets pushed by publishers to follow the same formula year in and year out, so they can make safe money. With GTA V, they took plenty of risks, innovated in every aspect and boy did it pay off. They gave us something that is quite rare in todays game-world. something that feels fresh, and like you haven't played before. All this, they accomplished, whilst still making us feel nostalgia, to the good old GTA-days, and whilst keeping the spirit of the incredibly popular franchise. You can read my full, in-depth (but not exceptionally long) review at http://chasegamereviews.blogspot.no/2013/11/gta-v-2013-review.html Expand
  28. Nov 14, 2013
    Amazing... simply amazing. The best of the GTA series by far; the story literally had me laughing out loud and feeling sympathetic when things got rough. Another top-notch game from rockstar, probably one of the best games to date.
  29. Nov 16, 2013
    The best game I've ever played, without a doubt. Why? Because the story is just fantastic, the world/scenery is just breath-taking, and my favourite part of the game is just being able to do whatever you want to do!
  30. Nov 18, 2013
    One of the best games ever. The map is huge (it is, takes 20 minutes in the fastest car to drive around the map at top speed), the story is great, although the ending feels rushed. There is so much do to, you just can't name it all. This game bring all the good things from all the previous 3D GTA's together. The tuning from GTA: SA to the living atmosphere from GTA IV.
    Online is good,
    Online is good, apart from the launch, but that's expected as 15 million tried to go online at once.
    If you haven't bought this game yet, you should. Worth every single dollar/euro/pound or whatever your currency is you spent on this game.
  31. Nov 19, 2013
    Probably the definite game of the year! The gameplay is smooth, the world is beautiful, and the overall game is immersive. Would definitely buy again. The online is good, but it seems that they punish you too much for destroying people or property.
  32. Nov 20, 2013
    I can not to find words to define GTA V, only think that it deserve the max score.guess that the technology used in game is from another world. I hope to see GTA V PC to compare with my console.
  33. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! The story is great, the characters are great and most of all the controls are great! The only negative thing i can say about this game is how easily the police try and get you.
  34. Nov 21, 2013
    Pros:

-Sports the most detailed game world ever created every building is handcrafted -Beautiful lighting that makes the world look very realistic -Superb physics -Satisfying vehicle handling with dynamic damage modeling -Extremely diverse and interesting missions -Vast array of side activities and random events bring the world alive with things to do -Top notch voice acting and
    Pros:

-Sports the most detailed game world ever created every building is handcrafted
    -Beautiful lighting that makes the world look very realistic
    -Superb physics
    -Satisfying vehicle handling with dynamic damage modeling
    -Extremely diverse and interesting missions
    -Top notch voice acting and dialogue
    -Incredible amount of content and replay value
    -Sky high protection values for even the tiniest features
    -Online multiplayer with diverse missions

Cons

-Sometimes clunky on-foot control
    -Somewhat disappointing soundtrack for my taste
    -Too few heists and planning options for said heists
    -Not enough rewards or incentives for completing side activities such as collectibles

Graphics: 10
    Gameplay: 10
    Sound: 10
    Controls: 9
    Presentation: 10
    Replay Value: 10

Final Score: 10
  35. Nov 23, 2013
    Never have I ever enjoyed a game so much in my entire life. Both the single player and the online (despite some early problems) are both simply unparalleled compared with anything else I've ever played. Took all the best features from GTA IV, got rid of the things that made that 'bad' (yet still being an amazing game) and combined it with everything that was so loved from San andreasNever have I ever enjoyed a game so much in my entire life. Both the single player and the online (despite some early problems) are both simply unparalleled compared with anything else I've ever played. Took all the best features from GTA IV, got rid of the things that made that 'bad' (yet still being an amazing game) and combined it with everything that was so loved from San andreas added in tons of more features.

Simply one of the greatest if not greatest game of all time. For me personally, I have never played a better game period.
  36. Nov 24, 2013
    Personally as a big GTA gamer, I find this perfect. With the many different landscapes it is a great adventure... the wide variety of cars & guns make this even more spectacular! This game is such a big step from it's previous chapter (Grand Theft Auto IV) I enjoy this more than any game i've ever played. Well deserved 10/10 from me! And quite obviously the negative votes are from PCPersonally as a big GTA gamer, I find this perfect. With the many different landscapes it is a great adventure... the wide variety of cars & guns make this even more spectacular! This game is such a big step from it's previous chapter (Grand Theft Auto IV) I enjoy this more than any game i've ever played. Well deserved 10/10 from me! And quite obviously the negative votes are from PC gamers and the new emerging next gen gamers. Expand
  37. Nov 25, 2013
    The game is perfect, graphics that approach the next-gen,comfortable gameplay the only bad thing was the history, well basically it's quite a bad history compared to the Grand Theft Auto IV well but still not a bad history for me,it's quite nice to recruit people for do scores and the full GTA personalization that we have been waiting so long. Well it's a must-have Xbox 360/PS3 game.
    Ahh
    Ahh and the online have a lot of errors and it is quite buggy too.( But it still a funny mode
  38. Nov 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game was very good in my eyes, honestly i experienced very few glitches and had a good time with the story, i thought the game-play was very smooth and easy and the most important fun. The story was good enough and was not too short, i was a little sad when Trevor stomped in Jhonnys head, but that just adds more feelings for the most important aspect of the game CHARACTERS. All in all i thought it was good. Expand
  39. Nov 29, 2013
    A ten. Easy ten. Rockstar tries its hardest, and does well. Although the singleplayer is very boring, Online is what makes it great. Fun games and missions that puts you on edge, Survival is fun, and they fixed all the game breaking glitches. GOOD.
  40. Nov 30, 2013
    GTA V is simply the best video game ever created and it lives up to the M rating, very funny, immense, immersive, imaginative, and really, really fun to play. The user interface is usable, the physics are good, the music is curated, the variety of cars is amusing and interesting, the story strands are awesome, the attention to detail is outstanding, there is so much quality dialogue, ifGTA V is simply the best video game ever created and it lives up to the M rating, very funny, immense, immersive, imaginative, and really, really fun to play. The user interface is usable, the physics are good, the music is curated, the variety of cars is amusing and interesting, the story strands are awesome, the attention to detail is outstanding, there is so much quality dialogue, if you take the time to listen, the ambient dialogue is hilarious (the storyline dialogue is creative, funny, and very much in character for each character)...The thing that I didn't expect is there are some really fun activities to do in Los Santos...So far I have played tennis, done yoga on top of a mountain, ridden a mountain bike up "Old Man's Crack" on Mount Chilead and I have done extensive mountain biking downhill to see where the best lines are on all the big mountains (have you done the face of mount chillead under the tram, and lived?). I have also ridden dirt bikes and ATC's all over...Breaking into the military base to try and commandeer a tank never seems to get old...Here are some hopes (product managers at rockstar, take note on my enhancement requests) I would love to be able to surf in game. Not sure if there are organized mountain bike races for multiplayer, but there is some serious fun to be had if you guys set up a few bike courses and a terrain park (like Northstar or Mount Whistler) with ladder runs would be epic. Infinitely playable...bravo! I am still playing Red Dead, love the ambiance. Thank you Rockstar for setting the bar (high) in video game experiences. Expand
  41. Dec 1, 2013
    This game is great as it is in offline mode or online. The online has some default (eg, you can not choose these missions is random), but it is part of the best onlines that I could play. The gameplay is great; Graphically not bad, but the world is enormous. I waiting on ps4.
  42. Dec 10, 2013
    IGN gave this game a 10/10 meaning the games prefect right? no, if it was prefect it wouldn't have terrible pop in textures while driving a car somewhat fast or random ass glitches I've experienced and don't get me started on the online problems and load times. The game is still very good and kept me entertained for a while but once completed i thought it could have gone on a bit longer.IGN gave this game a 10/10 meaning the games prefect right? no, if it was prefect it wouldn't have terrible pop in textures while driving a car somewhat fast or random ass glitches I've experienced and don't get me started on the online problems and load times. The game is still very good and kept me entertained for a while but once completed i thought it could have gone on a bit longer. its worth a buy but remember its not flawless.. Expand
  43. Dec 5, 2013
    GTA 5 Review

Rokstar games, budget 1,7 miljarder dollar= massa massa kronor ingen annan film eller spel utom Pirates Of The Carribbean har haft en större budget D. Awsome om du frågar mig. Det finns tre olika slut på spelet, A, B och C. och online kan man vara över 120 levels ha massa awesome lägenheter och allt som är awesome. och nu i online för det har tagit lång tid att fixa
    GTA 5 Review

Rokstar games, budget 1,7 miljarder dollar= massa massa kronor
    Det finns tre olika slut på spelet, A, B och C.

och nu i online för det har tagit lång tid att fixa har alla fått 500,000 dollar :D

plus att två as grymma låtar är gjorda till spelet

den första är

SleepWalking. by the chain gang of 1974 och den andra är Favored nations. The setup.

nu har The beach bum pack kommigt och den är gratis. den inehåller nya bilar och buggys och båtar och vapen det är awesome :D

gta 5… is… AWESOOOOOOOME

Score 10/10
  44. Dec 6, 2013
    An absolute masterpiece, i have no words for this game. Should i include immersion? Deep characters and storyline? All new game play feel? Innovations? You NEED to get this game, don't waste this precious game by not playing it. A true masterpiece in gaming, which is actually underrated.
  45. Dec 9, 2013
    Very good and must play game with good improvement in graphics just awesome
    Missions are very good with impressive story mode in my view it's better than gta IV.
  46. Dec 10, 2013
    This game is amazing. From the breathtaking graphics and stunning visuals to the ridiculously huge map size and new mechanics, this is a triumph. Realistic AI for pedestrians, the campaign missions are as fun as they are exciting and GTA Online, although had a rough start, is addicting, fun and offers hours of online entertainment terrorizing San Andreas with friends.
  47. Dec 11, 2013
    Truly a MASTER PIECE in Video Game history. Nothing could come close to this. I even named my child Frankmicatrevor because this game gives me amazing boners.
  48. Dec 13, 2013
    A truly beautiful game. Full of incredible detail and graphics you would expect on Next Gen. The Story finally is on a par with the massive 50 square mile sandbox that is Los Santos and Blaine County. Grand Theft Auto 5 is the perfect goodbye to a beautiful generation.
  49. Dec 13, 2013
    The only reason this is ranked lower than GTA4 is all the PC fanboys coming out to shout and rant. I mean one of the best GTAs ever made is currently ranked below one of the worst just because some people can't accept that their precious PC's have been left out.
  50. Dec 13, 2013
    This deserves a better user score. Many people don't think GTA Online is good. It might not be perfect, but it's great fun. The single player is absolutely fantastic. The three characters are perfectly done, the story is great and the world is just fantastic. If you haven't brought this, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!
  51. Dec 13, 2013
    This game is nothing short of amazing! I have never been so pleased with a game before. This game is fun, original, and adds an entire new level to the open platform of gaming. The guys at volition making saints row should have sat quietly and taken notes. This game has delivered over 36 hours of partial story line and extras I have played so far and i'm sure ill put about 100 more hoursThis game is nothing short of amazing! I have never been so pleased with a game before. This game is fun, original, and adds an entire new level to the open platform of gaming. The guys at volition making saints row should have sat quietly and taken notes. This game has delivered over 36 hours of partial story line and extras I have played so far and i'm sure ill put about 100 more hours before it turns 1 year old. This game brings it all to the table, and for lovers of a previous GTA title, this game has proved to be better and keeps on improving. They put the time into this one, and put the money into making it something enjoyable. In terms of entertainment you will not be disappointing or bored. If i could i would have rated this above a 10. Expand
  52. Apr 4, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, along with Grand Theft Auto Online, is a great package. The single player is engrossing and epic. The multiplayer will keep you busy for hours. The attention to detail is unbelievable. All must play this game.
  53. Dec 17, 2013
    This game is so much fun. The characters are fantastic, the world will blow your mind and the Online may not be as good as the single-player, but is still really fun. BUY IT, NOW.
  54. Dec 22, 2013
    There are a lot of fake votes with really bad scores for this game. Truth be told, this game is a crowning achievement in the medium. Few games feature as much detail, as much varied gameplay, and as much polish as does GTA V. The missions finally feel fresh and new. Gone are pointless and repetitive missions that plagued the previous games. Gone is the terrible checkpoint system (orThere are a lot of fake votes with really bad scores for this game. Truth be told, this game is a crowning achievement in the medium. Few games feature as much detail, as much varied gameplay, and as much polish as does GTA V. The missions finally feel fresh and new. Gone are pointless and repetitive missions that plagued the previous games. Gone is the terrible checkpoint system (or lack thereof). What you get with your purchase is around 25 hours of single player story and many more with the online mutliplayer. This game is a masterpiece. Is it perfect? Of course not. No game is. However, anyone that tells you that this game is bad, is either kidding themselves, or has an agenda. Expand
  55. Dec 26, 2013
    Gta 5 is hand down one of the best games ever made! Grand Theft Auto V will not fail to disappoint you
    The city of Los Santos is beautiful no question about it.
    Everything from 2008's Grand Theft Auto IV has been improved for Grand Theft Auto V in Gta 5 rockstar has done one of the greatest, thing in gaming history not just add 1 character but adding 3! Michael Franklin and Trevor all 3
    The city of Los Santos is beautiful no question about it.
    Michael Franklin and Trevor all 3 have their own personalities Michael is a professional bank robber who retired in Los Santos want to know why? Go buy the game to see. Franklin a guy who is trying, to separate from the hood.
    And then Trevor a crazy,Hilarious psycho all you need to know without getting into spoilers.
    each character has a special ability.
    Michael has slow motion shooting
    Franklin has Slow motion driving
    and Trevor has rampage
    the last time i gave perfect score to a game was 5 years ago with Grand Theft Auto IV
  56. Dec 28, 2013
    Legit I'm lost for words this I probably one of the best games you will ever play the graphics sometimes are stunningly beautiful, the A.I is good the gameplay is amazing tons of fun and I'm telling you this game in the future is going to be legendary, even though the the online mode is a bit clunky but if you haven't got this game then THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE AND BUYLegit I'm lost for words this I probably one of the best games you will ever play the graphics sometimes are stunningly beautiful, the A.I is good the gameplay is amazing tons of fun and I'm telling you this game in the future is going to be legendary, even though the the online mode is a bit clunky but if you haven't got this game then THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE AND BUY IT NOW!!! Expand
  57. Dec 30, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is one of the best games ever made from the Amazing story to the wide array of things to do that will keep you busy for hours. This game is worth every cent and dollar and will not disappoint at alln
  58. Jan 1, 2014
    GTA V is a game where you can do whatever you want and that makes this game so enjoyable.
    Not only the big world and the big action scenes are outstanding. Also the characters of GTA V are outstanding. Franklin is a person that usually does repo jobs and he lives in the ghetto's. Franklin is the most comparable with CJ from GTA: San Andreas. Michael is more a business guy, who acts like a the maffia. He's the leader of the crew. Michael is most comparable with Toni Cipriani from GTA: Liberty city stories. Trevor however is a new type of character and in most people's views the best character of GTA V. Trevor is a psychopath. His mind isn't stable and he rages about the smallest things. The best point about the characters is that they fit each other and Rockstar wasn't afraid to take some risk by asking some moral questions about trust and loyalty though-out the game. Trevor and Michael aren't pretty often on the same page what results in a big argument and that gives us some hilarity. Franklin always tries to bring the peace back, but that doesn't always happen. However the story is great and there is plenty of things to do in GTA V as well as in GTA online.
  59. Jan 6, 2014
    This game is one of the most coolest and best games I ever played it contains the same fun and extra fun from vice city. It has limitless fun and epic action and stunt scenes and the character development is highly appreciable. It has so much of fun, action and epic adventure. Defiantly worth of buying it.
  60. Jan 13, 2014
    GTA IV, while the drama surrounding the gangster Niko Bellic was dark, serious, and had potential, it was ultimately crushed by boring, repetitive gameplay, all of which is fixed in GTA 5. Los Santos, a parody of Los Angeles, is the main attraction of the game, a world with a huge scale to explore, with lots of stuff to do, like watching movies (even though there´s only three movies),GTA IV, while the drama surrounding the gangster Niko Bellic was dark, serious, and had potential, it was ultimately crushed by boring, repetitive gameplay, all of which is fixed in GTA 5. Los Santos, a parody of Los Angeles, is the main attraction of the game, a world with a huge scale to explore, with lots of stuff to do, like watching movies (even though there´s only three movies), drinking, shopping, hunting (although it´s not as useful as Red Dead Redemption´s hunting) competing with other people in triathlons and racing, playing darts, tennis, golf, owning properties, buying cars, guns, upgrades, and, of course, a fair amount of side quests (Strangers and Freaks), as well as Random Encounters. Oh, and killing innocents. This was a massive improvement from GTA IV, and a technical achievement by Rockstar to make such a disgusting world feel alive. However, what´s not improved is the story. The biggest flaw from the writers of this story is relying too much on Trevor, as if that psychopath was the star of the game: he´s not. Michael was stealing the show from the beginning, and while he´s sometimes a bit of a douche, I felt that he could be redeemed from his past behaviour, unlike Trevor, who I disliked playing as him during the main missions or in Free Roam. As for Franklin, there´s barely any character development for him! He´s a gangster living in a bad neighborhood with jackass friends and a crazy aunt, and... that´s pretty much it. Sections of his life can be revealed if you hang out with him, but I wished Rockstar fleshed him out in the main story. Now, the main missions are lots of fun, with a ton of dialogue exchange, and switching to the three characters made the gunplay feel unique, and there´s a lot of variation in the missions, but because that, it was hard to take the story seriously like GTA IV was. Despite it´s flaws, Michael was entertaining all the way, and this game was tons of fun, although I don´t think it deserves Game of the Year. That belongs to The Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite. Overall, a solid game. Expand
  61. Jan 22, 2014
    (Entry 2)
    (Entry 2)
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is the second best game of 2013 in my list of favorites do to the massive open world full of mystery and wonder to find as you play as three law braking criminals that come together and pull of bank robbery's and other criminal actions such as grand theft,murder,store robbery's and much more and if this doesn't make you love the game there are other things you can do like play tennis go to strip clubs and get drunk off your ass just in one game to when was the last game you've seen that will let you brake in to a military base hijack a jet and then kill every one in the city and parachute in front of you house and then sit down and watch tv tell me come on tell me that's right you can't because you never played a game like this so go now and buy it.
  62. Jun 28, 2014
    Having been a long time Gta fan, I thought to myself, could Gta V really beat San Andreas. Yes and well no, Gta V is a masterpiece no doubt, with its immaculate graphics and innovative character storytelling however the unexplainable feeling of accomplishment that was felt in San Andreas was somewhat missing in-existent, It almost made me ponder if such a story as Gta Sa could be beat...Having been a long time Gta fan, I thought to myself, could Gta V really beat San Andreas. Yes and well no, Gta V is a masterpiece no doubt, with its immaculate graphics and innovative character storytelling however the unexplainable feeling of accomplishment that was felt in San Andreas was somewhat missing in-existent, It almost made me ponder if such a story as Gta Sa could be beat... Then I went on line. Boom everything that I could imagine came to life. The world and everyone in it, is your sandbox. With non stop dlcs, you can finally show off all that training to others or share in the beautiful world that is San Andreas Expand
  63. Apr 5, 2014
    Great story. Great gameplay. Great game. The individual stories of the three main characters include satires of popular shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and more. Gameplay and mechanics are pretty polished. Graphics are great, especially since it runs on 8 year old hardware. Do not hesitate to buy.
  64. Apr 13, 2014
    One main problem of GTA IV was how grey it was. So what does Rockstar North do? Bakes a nice pie, and SLAMS it into the face of LIberty City. HD graphics, seamless online play, drivable vechicles, and a great story. Once you've beaten the game, CHEAT. It's worth it, trust me. If that gets, boring, play online. I love this game, you should too. If you don't...
    GO **** YOURSELF.
  65. Jun 1, 2014
    A really great game. This story was fantastic and difficult to keep you playing for a long time. The characters are what made the game. Trevor is just so crazy he was so entertaining to watch and use as a playable character. The only criticism are the load times are long and the online isn't amazing, still a fantastic game. It was worth the wait.
  66. Apr 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This may be the best grand theft auto game there is it is an fantastic game but there are some flaws within its greatness. For instances the last choice is good but an bit stupid if you are attached to all three characters. Unless you dislike an main protagonist you would chose the one you disliked. Over all it is a good game I would tell you to buy it. Expand
  67. Apr 29, 2014
    I hope we continue the trend of better gameplay, bigger more interesting sandbox map, and an online universe in future GTA games.

There's so much to do in one game. You can parachute off buildings, out of planes, and off of cliffs, Hijack supersonic jets, drive across a massive sandbox map in a stolen Buggatti. Basically everything you would expect and way more. Let me elaborate on

Let me elaborate on the map size. You can drive through a decent sized city, wind through a neighborhood of mansions and look down on the city from the Hollywood sign (or Vinewood in the GTA- verse) and you haven't even scratched the surface. Overall, a game well worth its price because you'll be playing it for hours on end, GTA has always been fun as a series but has always had issues in graphics, or physics but it has thrown those issues aside and became a good series to a great series.
  68. May 16, 2014
    Very well put together game with great story line, fun missions, there was obviously a lot of effort and money put into this game and it paid off. Very enjoyable game you can get a lot out of it with the online and side missions, or blowing **** up for fun haha. Great game highly recommended.
  69. May 20, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is definitely a rather different GTA installment from its past entries; this being a good thing but with its weak points as well. Grand Theft Auto V is definitely a big step away from the dark serious story line from the previous GTA, having points in the story that supply you with some humor and lightening moods. Instead of having a dark story about a war veteran who isGrand Theft Auto V is definitely a rather different GTA installment from its past entries; this being a good thing but with its weak points as well. Grand Theft Auto V is definitely a big step away from the dark serious story line from the previous GTA, having points in the story that supply you with some humor and lightening moods. Instead of having a dark story about a war veteran who is seeking someone who betrayed him and his own men, you have 3 new characters with there own story that intertwine with each other. The gameplay is also a huge difference than the other GTA games. Being more fluid and smooth, and beautiful graphics. Imagine: driving a red convertible up a high mountain that over looks a small sea and desert as the sun sets while bleeding red rays of light across the sky…..and suddenly you get distracted by the beauty and you run off the road and go crashing down the mountain which results in your car exploding and the screen displays the text, "Wasted". This is the Grand Theft Auto V experience. You can access your weapons a lot quicker and much more accurate. Your cell phone has a bigger use and the in game internet is like a real online community. Driving is a lot more like a driving game rather than driving boats through the streets. GTA IV was famous for its boat like driving in case you didn't get my statement. But most vehicles in the game have the same handling but different speeds. You can customize your cars to a great depth in detail. But it would be a lot more adventurous to be able to design your own custom details and apply them to your car, like the Forza series. Another thing is the car smashing and CARnage in the game can get somewhat not so exciting when you just want to smash your car to bits. It would've been outstanding to have soft car physics. Maybe we will see a GTA title in the future on next gen that features this. Running and combat in the game is also a great improvement. Instead of awkward melee combat you have a pretty well done fist fight sequence that can take place anytime and anywhere. All in all, Grand Theft Auto V is an outstanding game, probably one of the best games of the generation. I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys open world games and a very fun time. Expand
  70. May 25, 2014
    The story alone will keep you playing for a good 20 hours, adding all the bonus stuff and secrets and you're looking at an extra 15 hours, that's 35 hours just for the single player, add the online mode and you may have a game that'll never die. Aside from the great re-playability of this game, the story, characters, and just about everything else in this game is fantastic, the game looksThe story alone will keep you playing for a good 20 hours, adding all the bonus stuff and secrets and you're looking at an extra 15 hours, that's 35 hours just for the single player, add the online mode and you may have a game that'll never die. Aside from the great re-playability of this game, the story, characters, and just about everything else in this game is fantastic, the game looks amazing, the physics engine is phenomenal, the story was extremely well, and I just had an overall blast with this game, 2nd place for GOTY IMO (right after the Zelda game), give it a PC release and I'll give it a 10. Expand
  71. Jun 12, 2014
    My Pros and Cons list about how I feel about Rockstar's most ambitious Grand Theft Auto V
    PROS:
    - The narrative that Rockstar created is very ambitious and they explained the true meaning of gluttony and vengeance. - These TV Shows and topnotch Hollywood movie hits like Breaking Bad and No Country for Old Men appears as Easter Eggs in GTA V which is awesome..! - The environment in this
    PROS:
    - The environment in this game totally defines the paradise of Southern California
    - Those graphics looked next gen!
    - The characters in GTA V are hilarious!
    - There are a lot of stuff to do in Los Santos when you're bored
    - Deeper customization on Weapons and Vehicles makes this game special
    - Most of the cutscenes makes me laugh out loud!
    - Driving Mechanics are fun and improved and it beats GTA IV's buttery driving
    - The three main protagonist story makes this game excellent
    - Shooting Mechanics is way much better
    - And last but not least there was Trevor Phillips
    - The Soundtrack that represents Los Santos is very "Glamorous" I wish Rockstar add more songs on the Radio Stations so we can get this party shift going.
    CONS:
    - Grand Theft Auto: Online makes me lose interest on it because of hackers exploiting crap by ruining the online experience for players that wanted to play real hard in Los Santos.
    Rockstar Games delivered one of the best open world sandbox experience in GTA V by bringing a lot of diversity for us to do. but Online didn't worked at all. So I'm not going to count GTA Online on GTA V's cons since GTA Online is a seperate game only for online. So GTA V gets a perfect 10 on this one. Although GTA V is not the best GTA of all time but this GTA gets a perfect score by bringing the best experience for Current Gen players...!
  72. Jun 3, 2014
    I agree with others, this game deserves a way better score than just 8.1, rather at least 9. I don't know why some people put bad reviews for such an excellent game!
  73. Jun 21, 2014
    Never in my life have I been so satisfied with the completion of a Grand Theft Auto game. The three alternate endings make your decisions rattle around in your head for days. A truly fantastic installment in the GTA with refreshing game-play, fantastic and responsive controls and a beautiful open world at your fingertips. Welcome to Los Santos.
  74. Sep 22, 2013
    GOTY Subito

Personally, GTA5 was the best game of this year. Although it misses some of serious issues that GTA4 took, I can clearly say that you will be going to enjoy this game.
  75. Sep 19, 2013
    Incredible game! Rockstar have done it again, creating a real living world and providing a fun experience. Ignore the low reviews this is really something!
  76. Sep 18, 2013
    I've waited years for this. This is not a game, this is an experience. My life has just been upgraded thanks to this masterpiece. This is the best thing that's ever happened to me since Friday night, when I managed to pull some bird that's 10 years older than me and smash her back doors in and she crapped all over the place. True story. Fun times. Peace out. QJ.
  77. Sep 18, 2013
    Hey Hey people who say it's the same as GTA 4, have you actually played the missions? I haven't gotten far in but already, I can see it's a huge improvement from gta 4. I feel a lot of these bad reviews is because it's on current gen consoles, and also cause it's not on pc. A good review rates the game, not the platform the game is on. Also, it's been in dev for 5 years, they're not justHey Hey people who say it's the same as GTA 4, have you actually played the missions? I haven't gotten far in but already, I can see it's a huge improvement from gta 4. I feel a lot of these bad reviews is because it's on current gen consoles, and also cause it's not on pc. A good review rates the game, not the platform the game is on. Also, it's been in dev for 5 years, they're not just gonna take 5 years of dev time and bring it to next gen that quickly. And the pc thing, yes it sucks. But that doesn't mean the game sucks. Expand
  78. Sep 18, 2013
    I think it's funny how people come on here and gives this game a zero. 99% of the people that gave it such a low rating did so because of one of two reasons: 1. They only have a PC and are mad it's not out yet. 2. They are obviously autistic and their mom and dad won't let them get the game because they are afraid their child will cause the next sandy hook massacre.
  79. Sep 20, 2013
    Easily the greatest game of this generation. They have managed to get so much out of the console with this game yet still get a decent frame rate all though I did see some pop in but you have to remember this is an 8 year old console so if you have to blame anything it should be that.

The story is great and if you watch the cut-scenes and listen to the characters talk you get more of the back story as you play through the game.

Some other reviews criticise the content of the game but appear to overlook the usual GTA satire on offer as if it never existed before.

If you want to play a driving simulator go and play Forza, if you want to play a shooting game, go and play COD but if you want to play a game which offers you most of the things you want in one game with a stunning setting then leave GTA in your DVD drive.
  80. Sep 18, 2013
    This is absolutely the best game I have ever played. Obviously, don't pay attention to the troll "0" reviews from people desperate for clicks on their profiles.
  81. Sep 18, 2013
    This game has just about everything you could ever want and think of, and it's only going to get better once Online comes out the 1st of October and Rockstar can add the things that it intentionally left out to make sure it was the most perfect launch possible. I can already see where they've laid the foundation on certain things (the basketball courts, the convenience stores, and otherThis game has just about everything you could ever want and think of, and it's only going to get better once Online comes out the 1st of October and Rockstar can add the things that it intentionally left out to make sure it was the most perfect launch possible. I can already see where they've laid the foundation on certain things (the basketball courts, the convenience stores, and other various places) and they'll make those available to us as the time passes through the update and DLC content they make available. Everyone who is posting negative reviews, either hasn't played the game or suck at playing the game. Don't formulate an opinion until you play it for yourself, cause you just might be missing out on the greatest game of all time. Expand
  82. Sep 19, 2013
    Clearly the best GTA game i have ever played. The world's large, massive and amazing. So many features to explore. The Online features makes the game even more amazing. Rockstar Games's best release ever. I appreciate all their hardwork in making a superb game like this Thank you Rockstar Games!
  83. Sep 25, 2013
    Now that GTA V has been out for over a week and people have had time to sink their teeth into the real meat of the game, we can finally start seeing some honest reviews about the experience, from start to finish. It's no surprise that the game is pretty good as reflected by its sales and media buzz, but I feel that all too often the media exaggerates the quality of a game like GTA V andNow that GTA V has been out for over a week and people have had time to sink their teeth into the real meat of the game, we can finally start seeing some honest reviews about the experience, from start to finish. It's no surprise that the game is pretty good as reflected by its sales and media buzz, but I feel that all too often the media exaggerates the quality of a game like GTA V and frustrates people that were expecting that kind of quality. GTA V has quite a few problems, actually, and I'm going to bring them to light.

First of all, the visual style of the game is great. Played it on the xbox and was surprised to find some great lighting, a great sense of being in an expansive world, and some stunning looking water with cool displacement physics. Characters, vehicles, and the environment look generally great. It's when you start getting into the countryside that things fall apart. Terrain has gross, tiling textures making up a lot of the landscape with some poorly detailed, sparse vegetation here and there. The desert area simply looks awful. Framerate is at the very least as inconsistent as GTA IV, though the drops are not quite as severe.

The controls are once again a point of issue. On foot and driving controls are generally tighter, but for some reason your ability to free aim has taken a hit, especially in vehicles. Awkward weapon draw times and clunky aiming out of the vehicle makes it impossible to steer and hit your target. The camera doesn't help either. Each character has their own set of skills and abilities that you can upgrade through use of whatever that particular skill requires. Improving these skills didn't seem to have too profound an effect with any character, especially sneaking, which seemed to work brilliantly regardless of how far the skill was progressed. The only real change I may have noticed was weapon reloads becoming slightly faster with shooting upgraded. Big whoop.

Gameplay is solid for a Grand Theft Auto title, but apart from a few cool new setpieces and the more complex structure to heist missions, it's generally the same old drive here shoot this guy sort of deal. Scripted chase scenes are still the absolute worst thing in this game featuring completely invulnerable AI drivers that are always faster than you until some arbitrary point where life is breathed into the husk of the car and you notice the suspension physics taking over. Speaking of heists, they're yet another disappointment. There are only six of them, and all of them have two ways to take your score. Each one has you going around town collecting items and vehicles needed for the gig before actually going for the score. The bad part is that the later heists have you collecting a lot of objects and not doing a whole lot with them in the end. You spend more time preparing than you do actually taking scores! What makes this even more frustrating is the inbetween side missions and activities. Most of the strangers and freaks missions fall prey to boring, formulaic GTA gameplay. Go around searching areas for cars to deliver, or go around searching for something to steal, or just go chase down and kill some dudes, maybe bring something back. Most pay next to nothing, and unless you really enjoy the dialogue in this game so much, there's no real reason to do these. SIde activities bolster stats, but they really just function and that's it.

Notice how I mentioned that getting paid is a problem with side missions? Well, this problem extends to the rest of the game. Outside of missions, there isn't a whole lot you can do to earn cash. Buying property is probably the best way, but to do that you need money to begin with, so until you've done most of the heists (and missions in the game for that matter), you'll probably not really have the money you want to get the things in the game you want. For instance, the very expensive vehicle tuning, which is a luxury you can afford to live without. Then you have the stock market. Other than buying stocks recommended by a character who runs assassination missions and making a little money that way, I stood clear of it.

Now finally, the part everybody loves. The social satire in this game is more often than not hilarious. The only real reason I continued to play this game was because I really got into the writing and the characters. It's not so much that I was doing some of these boring, play-by-numbers missions for the sake of getting through, but so that I could see how the characters would react to whatever crazy thing just happened and what might happen next for this story. Then the game started to progress and I started losing my love for the characters. They really don't undergo any real changes, and sometimes behave in odd, erratic ways that seem like contrivancies to keep the plot moving in a particular direction. Then you have your ye olde Rockstar ending, and I don't have to say anything because it's so obvious what's going to happen. I'll give it a 6/10.
  84. Sep 24, 2013
    GTA 5 is a quality game. Disappointed with the lack of buildings you can enter and random character interaction (was hoping for a few more choices when talking 2 random people on the street). 10/10 story in comparison with GTA 4.
    This game had fans of San Andreas in mind. Although the freedom you have in 5 is lacking in comparison 2 SA.
    Worth every bit of $88 nzd price tag.
  85. Sep 22, 2013
    Let me first start off saying, ignore the crappy one star reviews, which are just fake reviews hating on a game that he or she has never played yet, they're just haters trolling the Amazon and Metacritic user review section..
    Now then, the game is the absolute masterpiece that many suspected it would be with it capitalizing on GTA IV's efforts, bringing back in some parts of San Andreas and effectively blowing it out of the water. The shooting has been refined to the likes of Max Payne (without the slow mo diving of course), shooting results in realistic reactions from enemies and never becomes tiresome due to the medium difficulty and A.I. in the game and awesome physics.
    The level design is spot on with outlandish action including the character switching and special abilities within the missions. But it does have one minor flaw. Sometimes you might get a mission failed for performing an action that the game didn't plan for you to do, hence scripted events. This is a very minor flaw but is noticeable.
    My favorite part of the game is the story itself which feature three very distinct protagonists with different motives. The most outlandish would be Trevor, though he may be hated upon due to an action he performs when you first meet him. For many, he may be extremely fun but he will also be the one that is hardest to relate to the most. He is a psychopath and he knows it and it doesn't stop from being judgemental and letting everyone else know what's wrong with them. He is the character who knows he's trash and he deals with it by doing what he does best. Causing chaos. The intertwining stories are spectacular and is a delightful contrast with its dark violent somewhat upbeat action comedy drama to GTA IV's dark, moody, and violent drama on the depiction of the supposed American dream in the eyes of a disappointed man (though they're both different, both stories are a tie for me in terms of which is best.)
    The game does a great job at making you feel like you are part of the world within GTA 5 with its side missions, radio shows for everyone's taste in music and spectacular scope and visuals in general.
    The game pushes the barrier in violence and makes no excuse for it, as it should be. Though there is a mission that I found in bad taste that rose a lot of controversy. Eventually as I thought more on it, I understood the meaning of that one scene, but in the end, I will still dread coming across that scene in my next playthrough.

If you are a fan of crime dramas, character study and development, satirical comedies, or in playing something that has a story that no other game company has accomplished before, then buy this game and I guarantee once you put a few hours into it, it will be one of your best games of all time, as it is mine. 5/5 and 10/10 for me. Not an exaggeration.
  86. Sep 18, 2013
    They game is great! I love the story, the mechanics, the driving mechanics are superb! the graphics are also amazing for being on a 8 year old system.
  87. Sep 19, 2013
    Is it "the best game"? Doubt it. Does it have a place on top ten games in gaming history? No. Maybe in top 10 games for this generation. But while we remember the best games of C64 or NES, some old PC gamers remember what they have played on their first XT, XBOX 360 can be quickly forgotten. And I am sure as hell, we will see GTA 6 on XBOX One.

What makes GTA 5 so important then? The

What makes GTA 5 so important then? The fact that when everyone streamlines and dumbs down games we see record sales from a game that does something else, and tries to offer more and more depth. No budget cuts, no "always online" requirement, no tricks to force people to buy. It simply delivers quality and people buy it.

It is a shining example of how things should be done.

But it isn't much more. People say "rehash" and name only the tennis and the 3 characters as new. Well, and you have a brand new story, it is longer than an RPG. The world is more detailed than ever. And whats even better guys. But modern day GTAs are famous as art as well, because how they portray values of the western world. And hey, we have a real american family.

But lets check one big change: How we can choose between different tactics, how it increases replay value. I am sure most of the reviews missed this point as well. Do you like this change? I do. And it shows that each and every GTA has something new. Something new, useful, and valuable. This is why a lot of people can preorder it anytime.
  88. Sep 18, 2013
    The best GTA yet. It starts you right off into the action and keeps it going without getting in the way of you exploring the vast world. Would highly recommend for anyone who enjoyed the previous GTAs.
  89. Sep 19, 2013
    Well I can sure as hell say this is the game you have all been waiting for. Say good bye to commitments, work, uni anything else cause this is the game of the decade.

Much improved in all areas (shooting unbelievable if you recall Red dead redemption you will be in for a treat) Driving (once you get used to the handling its rather excellent also much improved from GTAIV, Yes some vehicles do vary in terms of handling but once you tune them up at a customs shop, its an issue of the past) Gameplay Unbelievable, there's really not much more to say its F****** epic Replayability Well need I say more its GTA for gods sakes)

Overall an excellent Game I'm personally about 10 hours in and so far i'm loving it. As to all the haters you all To the rest definitely worth the $60 for over 200+ hours worth of fun Need I say more for when Gta Online comes out in october, Check ****ing mate
  90. Sep 18, 2013
    Don't listen to the Doom and Gloomers This is without a doubt a 10/10. Looks gorgeous, love the intertwining storylines to mention a just a few. Get it now
  91. Feb 1, 2014
    Very disappointing. The missions are not as exciting as previous games in the series, and this was meant to be the best in the series. The graphics are good, but graphics don't make a game. The story is bad, the cutscenes are too varied in length and GTA Online is the only good bit other than the graphics. Plus the 360 version has a lot of glitches.
  92. Sep 18, 2013
    It's unfair go give this game "1" score just because it's console exclusive. Eat I'm also PC gamer, I play more on PC than Xbox. But how can you release such a good game on PC, when 80 will download it for free.

This game deserves for 9 vote, but if PC fanboys can give 1, I'll give 10. Screw ya

///Sorry for my poor english.
  93. Sep 18, 2013
    Simply put, GTA V improves upon what has worked in the past and gives us more than enough to keep things fresh. From the polish, to the content, to the detail, to the storyline there's not much this game doesn't have mastered. I could go on and on about the things i do like but i think it's better if i go through what i don't like... nothing. GTA V is a prime example of a company puttingSimply put, GTA V improves upon what has worked in the past and gives us more than enough to keep things fresh. From the polish, to the content, to the detail, to the storyline there's not much this game doesn't have mastered. I could go on and on about the things i do like but i think it's better if i go through what i don't like... nothing. GTA V is a prime example of a company putting time and effort into their game. Just like Bethesda, Rockstar is one of the few video game companies left that takes pride in their product and goes above and beyond expectations. There is no doubt in my mind GTA V is the best game of the Xbox 360 era and most certainly the best GTA to date. Once again Rockstar sets new standards and puts everyone else to shame. Expand
  94. Sep 20, 2013
    This is the first review I've ever written for a game on my decades on this planet. I've read through probably hundreds of reviews before deciding to spend my hard earned cash on this game, mainly because I was so dissapointed with the previous GTA IV. I have never seen so much high praise for a game, ever. I have also never seen so much hopeless and useless bashing of a game (more onThis is the first review I've ever written for a game on my decades on this planet. I've read through probably hundreds of reviews before deciding to spend my hard earned cash on this game, mainly because I was so dissapointed with the previous GTA IV. I have never seen so much high praise for a game, ever. I have also never seen so much hopeless and useless bashing of a game (more on that in a moment). All of the things I felt needed fixing in GTA IV, they fixed, especially the driving mechanics. The first few hours I spent playing GTA V, were some of the most fun I've EVER had playing a game. Fantastic player control, humorous, well executed and convincing commentary, incredible ambient sound and amazing music. The graphics are incredibly polished and like others have said, quite an accomplishment for the 360. Many people are bashing this game for seemingly pointless reasons. Some, because they want attention, some because of jealousy and some because they are just hopelessly ignorant. I say look at user score distribution. Even the people trying their best to pull the rating down for ratings sake are still failing as of this review. Finally, I will confirm as I have read again and again in the last few days that this IS one of the best games ever made and quite possibly the best game that i've played in my life. That is spanning 24 years of gaming, 12+ systems and hundreds of games. The Cake is Done. Enjoy! Expand
  95. Oct 16, 2013
    Doesn't live up to the hype. If you enjoy a game that is absolute trash, then heck this game should be a 10/10 for you omg!!!1111 but no sadly I do not like absolute dog so this game is a 0.
  96. Sep 24, 2013
    I've been playing games for the last 20 years and this is the best one i've played. It's insane that this runs on the xbox360 and not the next generation of consoles.

if this gets re-released on PS4 or the Xbone i'd have no qualms about buying it again.
  97. Sep 21, 2013
    I'm not understanding the poor reviews of some of these people on here. Either they are PC gamers, or people just giving the stupidest reasons to give this game a lesser score. One review I read somebody was complaining about the lack of roller coasters in the game and not being able to go shark fishing and docked it 2 points and gave it an 8. Are you f***ing kidding me?

IMO, GTA V is

IMO, GTA V is arguably the best GTA and is one of the best games I've ever played. The world is gorgeous. Looking at the texture of the water while driving a boat or jet ski is just mesmerizing and fun. Or riding a dirt bike up the massive mountain in the game is great to just look at the beautiful scenery of the mountain and the wilderness. Then at the top you look down at the cities and can see buildings 6 miles away. Not to mention the explosions are fascinating to see. The lighting is insane. Walking under a tree you can see the shadow of a leaf on your shoulder almost perfectly like if it was real life. Besides a couple textures that looked a little weak, the game is a graphical beauty!

The switching between 3 protagonist is revolutionary. All 3 have their own contacts, clothes they can buy, hairstyles to buy at barber shops, types of missions, skills, lifestyles, etc. I have nothing in common with Trevor who is a hillbilly trash. But he is too damn funny and interesting and I enjoy playing as him just like Franklin and Michael.

The driving is way more intense and more of a racing feel than the boat like driving in GTA IV. It reminds me of Midnight Club LA in a way. The gunplay is way better than GTA IV too because it brings Red Dead and Max Payne elements together and creates intense firefights. The cover system is VASTLY improved as well and is your best friend in firefights.

There is tons of stuff to do between the three characters like customize cars, buy real estate, racing, pick up nice ladies at strip clubs and streets, meet random strangers, etc, and a big huge San Andreas to explore.

The only drawbacks I can think of are the car collisions, which don't deform the car as much as in GTA IV. And the popping up of the environment at certain points of the game. Some people complain about frame rate but I haven't noticed anything.

To most gamers, this game is like heroin. Very addictive and fun. Well worth the budget and years making it. Hopefully I helped.
  98. Sep 23, 2013
    As many a gamer have stopped by to pen thoughts on this game so shall I .
    Simply put GTA V is my game of the year since i am going to avoid cod ghosts. The story-line is epic and the characters are hilarious.The story is very well written If you take time to do side quests you will enjoy the main missions even more and boy are they enthralling.
    Whats not to like thinks to shoot and
    As many a gamer have stopped by to pen thoughts on this game so shall I .
    Whats not to like thinks to shoot and people to blow up... EPIC.
  99. Sep 18, 2013
    Well lived up to the pre-launch hype, I've played for a healthy amount of time now to be able to say that this game is a huge step up from anything we've seen on the current generation of Hardware. The scale of the world is huge and everything about it is dynamic and a big step forwards.

The driving physics (air, land and water) is much improved from previous GTA games. Hopefully

Hopefully this game will set the bar for future AAA titles.

Whilst I'm not a 'PC Fanboy' I do primarily play PC titles, so I hope to see it there soon so the modding community can take a stab at it, however the game runs perfectly well on the current generation of consoles, so there is nothing to worry about there.
  100. Sep 24, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is the only game I've ever played that has lived up to its hype. I love this game, it's simply amazing. From exploring the depths of the sea in a submersible to soaring the sun-dazzled skies in a jet plane, this game will grab hold of you from the get-go to immerse you in its shear beauty. The three protagonists are all very interesting, and switching between them,Grand Theft Auto V is the only game I've ever played that has lived up to its hype. I love this game, it's simply amazing. From exploring the depths of the sea in a submersible to soaring the sun-dazzled skies in a jet plane, this game will grab hold of you from the get-go to immerse you in its shear beauty. The three protagonists are all very interesting, and switching between them, whether on mission or off, is fluid enough to keep you wanting to find out more about this satirical reincarnation of L.A. that is Los Santos. I have been a fan of the GTA series ever since GTA 3, and can assure you that this new rendition is the best one yet. Ignore all the negative reviews written by the negligible, this game raises the bar for video game storytelling. Expand

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.