8.1

1. Sep 17, 2013
    First of all, I really liked the game, and I'm not a hater... but I think that getting a 10 is too much for the game overall. The amount of things that you can do is tremendous, but also the amount of bugs. Regarding graphics, they are "good" (for a 256mb console), but I cannot give them a 10 remembering graphics of metro:last light, uncharted 2/3, gears of war: judgement or the last ofFirst of all, I really liked the game, and I'm not a hater... but I think that getting a 10 is too much for the game overall. The amount of things that you can do is tremendous, but also the amount of bugs. Regarding graphics, they are "good" (for a 256mb console), but I cannot give them a 10 remembering graphics of metro:last light, uncharted 2/3, gears of war: judgement or the last of us.

Finally, the IA is not very good, and there is a lot of scripted issues along the game. So that's why I think that a 7/10 is appropriate.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    Despite the banning of many many accounts for the low marks (not the high ones I notice) this game deserves a solid 7. Not the best graphics you will ever see, not the best strory ever. Frame rate issues and lots of clipping and pop-in!! Woeful voice acting. With all this, a good game, solid and enhances the series. But can anyone contest the issues I have said? If it has theDespite the banning of many many accounts for the low marks (not the high ones I notice) this game deserves a solid 7. Not the best graphics you will ever see, not the best strory ever. Frame rate issues and lots of clipping and pop-in!! Woeful voice acting. With all this, a good game, solid and enhances the series. But can anyone contest the issues I have said? If it has the aforementioned issues how can it possibly be a 10? Make your own minds up as to the honesty of this industry. Expand
  3. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played and it will definitely be a while to top this. GTA 4 seems so dark and colorless compared to this installment; the city is vibrant and stunning in its complexity and its detail. The game play is perfectly simple and easy to use yet complex if you really want it to be. There is almost too much to do and is easily a game that hundreds of hours couldOne of the best games I have ever played and it will definitely be a while to top this. GTA 4 seems so dark and colorless compared to this installment; the city is vibrant and stunning in its complexity and its detail. The game play is perfectly simple and easy to use yet complex if you really want it to be. There is almost too much to do and is easily a game that hundreds of hours could be plugged into. GTA Online is still glitchy and being improved upon but is great in continuing the game beyond the lengthy story line. Its classic GTA with a kick in the face. Expand
  4. Oct 7, 2013
    gta v is a disappointing game it fails to live up other gta for one money is scarce in the game and the missions are really boring. it has no good villains in the game and the online has far to go has to go.
    overall i would not recommend this gta.
  5. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played GTA since the third installment up until this new one. This is the worst one yet. R* is going the way of EA with souless games and trying to squeeze every cent they can out of you with DLC and microtransactions. If you plan to only play single-player, you should skip this one. The campaign is a total of 69 missions and once you complete them your already at over 50% complete with the game. Remember all those cool 'odd jobs' in previous installments? Pretty much gone except for the taxi missions.

- Not enough heists. What is the point of improving your crew member's skills when you barely get to use them?

- Grove Street was totally different. I barely recognized it from SA. If it wasn't for the cul-de-sac I wouldn't even know that it was Grove Street. Plus, the Ballas are now living there and there isn't an explanation why that is; which brings me to my next point.

- No gang territory. I loved taking over gang territory in SA. With GTA V you can't start gang wars, take over territory or recruit members. I wanted to retake Grove Street for the GSF but it will forever be Balla turf now. There were about 4 missions that involved the 'hood'. Way too short. One of the missions Trevor just decides to go down to Grove Street just for the hell of it. Literally for no reason.

- There is a casino in GTA V but you can't go inside and gamble. Another feature missing from SA.

- Purchasable properties You can buy them but cannot go inside? The missions for the 'properties' you own are mostly delivery missions that serve no purpose. It doesn't matter if you ignore them or not, you just won't get payed your $1k that week. There should be sub-missions for your properties which improve them.

- No purchasable safehouses. Franklin starts out with a house in the hood but then moves out to Vinewood. No longer can I buy a house in the hood, walk out the door and start shooting rival gang members like in SA. Now I have to drive from Vinewood all the way down to the 'bad' part of town, or take a cab and just steal a car when I get there. They saved all of the purchaseable safehouses for 'GTA Online'. So, if you only want to play singleplayer or don't have an internet connection, R* is basically saying screw you.

- The world map is bigger than SA only because of the ocean. I would have much rather preferred more land. Rockstar claimed that the world map for this game would be bigger than Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV combined with "the oceans, land and enterable locations." Well, the ocean is boring and there really is no point in being underwater and the enterable locations are very few and far between. There is A strip club, one, and about 15 gas stations that are all copy and paste. If you've been in one gas station you've seen 'em all. There are a bunch of clothing stores but they are copy and paste aswell, with just 3 different types. Suburban, Discount and a high-end one. There are also a few banks to go into but you can't do anything with them and they are also copy and paste. For Rockstar to claim that this is the biggest world yet just because of the ocean is very misleading advertising.

-On a random encounter mission, you had to transport a guy to the airport and when you got him there he tells you to buy stock that isn't listed on the stock market webpage.

-Vehicle Customization is back and was a major feature missing from IV.

-Stock market is a waste of time after you've completed the assasination missions. Also there isn't an option to short sell stock when you know the CEO for example will be assasinated.

-The movie studio was too short-lived.

-Fast-food resturants are still around but you can't interact with them at all or even go inside.

If you have ever played GTA: San Andreas you will know this game sucks but if you started playing GTA with IV you will think this game is the best in the franchise. Well, it isn't. The story sucks, the gameplay sucks, the characters are boring, the driving is very old style, overall just the worst GTA. After 5 years and over 260 million dollars this is the best R* can come up with? I guess paying for reviews on all those gaming sites aren't cheap.
  6. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA 5 sucks balls. Had to restart 4 times because of servers. I will never play the game again. Why also because I had a house cost 120.000 did not save because of sever. Had a sweet car. Then the server went down. Level 32 The game did not save again because of sever. GTA 5 SUCKS BALLS THANK YOU. Expand
  7. Dec 15, 2013
    If you were to look up the definition of overrated, you would find a picture of GTA V. All you do in this game is drive and shoot people, which is what you do in every other M rated game. People didn't even get the full game when it came out. When online was released, it was broken.
  8. Sep 20, 2013
    Now on about the 40th main story mission (stolen the last of 5 cars for a dude) plus done a lot of the "freaks" and other content. After buying 4 back in 2008, and giving up on it inside 90 minutes (I still think it's rubbish I have no sympathy for Niko and hated playing as him. In fact I would love to have played someone to shoot him in the face and end the game then and there when youNow on about the 40th main story mission (stolen the last of 5 cars for a dude) plus done a lot of the "freaks" and other content. After buying 4 back in 2008, and giving up on it inside 90 minutes (I still think it's rubbish I have no sympathy for Niko and hated playing as him. In fact I would love to have played someone to shoot him in the face and end the game then and there when you really despise the character you're playing it's hard to play at all) this game is a complete turn around. Some of the missions are just unbelievable, the size and scope is amazing. Yeah the AI for something this size isn't perfect everywhere, but the gameplay mechanics are fabulous. I'm a PC games, and this is only the second action game I've ever bothered with on console (I much prefer mouse and keyboard most of the time) this is up there is not better than Red Dead (which is the other game I played). The story is hilarious mostly a couple of nasty bits, but mostly really funny. You get to like even the psychotic characters a little.
    Remember this is the "taster" the single player game is the entree to what's coming in a few days. People talk about the game that will topple Warcraft as an MMO? This is it.
    No bull when GTA Online comes out based on this play set this theme park... and with all the other items that are going live and planned over the next 12 months for Online this is the game that will finally challenge WoW for online numbers. And yes expect to pay a little for it either in micro transactions or a sub (probably the former).

My only puzzle is why bring it out on 2 consoles that are going to be obsolete 8 weeks later? Really odd choice. Am I going to have to keep my 360 and PS3 out alongside my Xbox1 and PS4 just to play this game (as neither console offers backwards compatibility)

The other thing here is, AAA studios bringing out GFX candy and open world action games for the new consoles have a benchmark to beat. Hell I can see the reviews now "How come this PS4 game has worse GFX and less to do than GTA V which is a last gen game"?

Conversations like that are going to be all over the place after November 2013 for the next 12 months at least. That's how high GTA 5 sets the bar.
  9. Oct 2, 2013
    It's hard to write a review for a game like this. On one hand all I really need to do is. Umm... 10. Problem solved right? But.... I have to fill a word requirement. So all I have to say is: well, okay I don't know. Am I there yet? This is the greatest open world/city ever. It beats skyrim because it contains an actual CITY, not just a beautiful land. Am I there yet?
  10. Oct 23, 2013
    You know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The storyYou know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The story is awesome and the gameplay is so fun. Worth every penny and more. Expand
  11. Mar 24, 2014
    Probably the most disappointing GTA title I've ever played. When you make a game in San Andreas and tell us "hey guys this is the largest map in GTA history!" we would expect San Andreas to be there on it's entirety, with San Fierro, Las Venturas, everything there was on the old Playstation 2 classic and more, not just a crappy island with Los Santos plus a lot of useless countryside toProbably the most disappointing GTA title I've ever played. When you make a game in San Andreas and tell us "hey guys this is the largest map in GTA history!" we would expect San Andreas to be there on it's entirety, with San Fierro, Las Venturas, everything there was on the old Playstation 2 classic and more, not just a crappy island with Los Santos plus a lot of useless countryside to the north. With this title the series has become more casual than ever, you're even able to control your car mid-air and the vehicle controls have changed quite a lot (for worse): they turn faster, riding feels a lot easier than in previous titles and it's hard to actually lose control of your car even when it's pretty messed up. Wanna buy a badass safehouse for your favorite character? Too bad, you can't. Even though there are several houses to buy on GTA Online, you can't buy them in Story mode because screw logic. GTA Online is not a big deal too, there's a limit of 20 players per server so you won't be seeing the all-out war we expected, and finding custom game matches (race, deathmatch, etc) is frustrating, as you rarely find a lobby with more than 2 or 3 players, even after waiting a long period of time for people to enter. GTA IV had full races anytime, it's matchmaking system was so much better and simple than this **** I would (maybe) advise on getting this game anyway, it's still fun, of course, but not what we expected. Rockstar can't make up for the disappointment of the casual gameplay and the incomplete San Andreas even with a horde of DLCs. Expand
  12. Sep 21, 2013
    A strong and mature tale of three criminals, painted under the beautiful sun-drenched setting of San Andreas. Rockstar Games definitely spared no expense making sure that every detail that could fit into the 7 year old consoles was in the game, making this the most packed GTA tittle to date; full of things to see and do. It blends all the great elements from Rockstar's recent tittles toA strong and mature tale of three criminals, painted under the beautiful sun-drenched setting of San Andreas. Rockstar Games definitely spared no expense making sure that every detail that could fit into the 7 year old consoles was in the game, making this the most packed GTA tittle to date; full of things to see and do. It blends all the great elements from Rockstar's recent tittles to create a perfect gameplay balance, full of WOW moments. The game comes highly recommended, but keep the children away. Expand
  13. Sep 20, 2013
    This is such a difficult game to score. It's comfortably the best overall GTA game ever made in my view (note the word "overall"); however, it has just too many minor faults and annoyances to give it the perfect score.

First up graphically, it's a little disappointing. This isn't helped by the incomprehensible decision not to release on the PC simultaneously. There is a fair amount of frame rate issues as they get every last bit of life from the ageing Xbox 360 architecture. The end result is game that looks stretched to the seams.

Secondly, the mini games are by and large a massive disappointment. Tennis is abysmal (they could have taken the mechanics from a famous old Sega Saturn tennis title and placed it in the game wholesale and it would have improved things massively), triathlon is torturous etc. It's a big issue because the mini games should be an entertaining distraction when you want a break from the main game, and an overall addition to the sandbox environment that you should look forward to as you drive past instead, you'll play them once and avoid like the plague.

Third whilst the story is "good", I wouldn't call it a masterpiece of a script. The overall arch is strong enough to maintain interest, and the characters of Michael and particularly Trevor are very strong. The problem is the three character mechanic, which is both a blessing and a curse. It produces a wonderful new play experience, along with a disjointed narrative that jars for the first 10 hours of gameplay until you adjust somewhat.

Other minor nuisances are the reduced car damage physics in comparison to GTA IV (you can hit a truck head on and survive nine times out of ten), the minimap is very primitive and on a "slant" which makes navigation difficult to begin with, certain aspects of the game are poorly explained by the on screen tooltips and the 8GB storage requirement was poorly communicated before release, catching a few consumers out.

But that's pretty much where the faults end and the fact it's easier to list the faults says it all. In fact, I'm clearly nitpicking! Sure, they deserve a mention, but none of the above are game killers and are nowhere near close to being so.

It's the jack of all trades of gaming it takes the best of Skyrim, Red Dead, GTA IV, Saints Row and seemingly every other AAA title this generation has to offer, slaps a beautifully realised world around the core mechanics, covers in delicious social commentary and parody and ultimately serve up a monumental gaming experience to a voracious gaming community.

It's an astonishing entertainment title, but is it the best "game" ever? In my opinion, no in fact, I don't even feel it's the best of its generation. But I can certainly understand those who feel it is, and with the multiplayer to come I have little hesitation in recommending this title to every gamer.
  14. Sep 18, 2013
    if we don't stay on usual criticism you can see that GTA V is actually made very well to this concern the maps and the game world. For my opinion the only limit of the game is that was developed for old generation console and from here born the limitation attributed at the game. Maybe the storitelling is not so deep but for me in this kind of games it not so important. Surely on oldif we don't stay on usual criticism you can see that GTA V is actually made very well to this concern the maps and the game world. For my opinion the only limit of the game is that was developed for old generation console and from here born the limitation attributed at the game. Maybe the storitelling is not so deep but for me in this kind of games it not so important. Surely on old generation console is not possible to do of better. How was said the developers have used each bit of might and generally have succeeded to get a good successor of GTA4. No one can say that was not added many more characteristics and detail. however many more than GTA4! My rating is 8 because however there are some "bug" but generally is a good game for this console generation. I think that is one of better open world game until now if we look the items and detail of the map of game. Expand
  15. Sep 17, 2013
    This.Game.Is.Great.The open world and new mechanics add a lot more depth into the game.The characters in the game are great and the world is huge.Even when your done with the game there is still so much to do and with the release of online coming soon why get a next gen console.Your gonna get hooked for months.Quick side note:To all the naysayers of this game play it before you rate it andThis.Game.Is.Great.The open world and new mechanics add a lot more depth into the game.The characters in the game are great and the world is huge.Even when your done with the game there is still so much to do and with the release of online coming soon why get a next gen console.Your gonna get hooked for months.Quick side note:To all the naysayers of this game play it before you rate it and then write a review.You give zeroes yet you don't know what its like because you have a pc.What ever its on doesn't effect it and will never effect it.So basically what im saying is don't rate the damn game unless you have actually played it. Expand
  16. Sep 20, 2013
    *IMO* Rockstar focused too much on World design and not enough on game play. The weapons have no feel to them, The next unlocked tier of weapons is clearly better than the last, this coupled with the same mods copy and pasted to each weapon leaves a complete lack of tactical choice. There is a clear lack of diversity in the radio stations with pretty mediocre songs. You are also forced*IMO* Rockstar focused too much on World design and not enough on game play. The weapons have no feel to them, The next unlocked tier of weapons is clearly better than the last, this coupled with the same mods copy and pasted to each weapon leaves a complete lack of tactical choice. There is a clear lack of diversity in the radio stations with pretty mediocre songs. You are also forced into missions without any prep time, possibly leaving you at a disadvantage. I lost a highly customized banshee due to this lack of thought in mission design. However, overall the Classic GTA fun is till there. Expand
  17. Oct 8, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the Rockstar's masterpiece. The other games that came after are crap. They lost a great oportunity to make a great epic like San Andreas, but they ruined it.

The main campaign is too short because of the online game. They created a beautiful game, but forgot that it will run on old hardware. I hope that Rockstar relaunch the Grand Theft Auto: San

I hope that Rockstar relaunch the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, with improved graphics and the new shotter mechanics.
  18. Oct 9, 2013
    After completing and playing almost every aspect of this game, it brings a lot to the table compared to a lot of modern games. The improvements of the franchise compared to IV are amazing. Grand Theft Auto: Online is great fun, and it is great how you can make private sessions with your friends and do activities with them. The downsides are quite obvious with anyone who has tried toAfter completing and playing almost every aspect of this game, it brings a lot to the table compared to a lot of modern games. The improvements of the franchise compared to IV are amazing. Grand Theft Auto: Online is great fun, and it is great how you can make private sessions with your friends and do activities with them. The downsides are quite obvious with anyone who has tried to connect to online, it has encountered a massive server problem and lots of people's characters disappeared, some are quite angry about it, especially those who have made a lot of progress in it. Rockstar stated they would fix it, and with the amount of people that bought the game, it's unsurprising that online encountered a problem. The game is fun and tells a good story, which gives the player an experience that is worth the price they pay. Expand
  19. Sep 2, 2014
    To this day, I never see the hype of this game. Its a mediocre third person shooter with some ugly visuals and a pretty bad story. Ok, i'll admit, there are some cool missions. And some cool things to do. But really, the % of good to bad is maybe 20-80. Great-You can play golf and tennis. Who cares?The game goes for quantity of Quality and the result is mediocre.
    InB4AngryFanboys
  20. Sep 19, 2013
    This game is waaay overrated! The mechanics in this game are sloppy and pathetic! The game is not really entertaining at all. This is likely to turn into a COD game where people just play it for the multiplayer. Franklin is just annoying and a hated character. The driving is bad, and especially the flying is absolutely terrible. You are forced to install the disc 1 of a 8gb installation inThis game is waaay overrated! The mechanics in this game are sloppy and pathetic! The game is not really entertaining at all. This is likely to turn into a COD game where people just play it for the multiplayer. Franklin is just annoying and a hated character. The driving is bad, and especially the flying is absolutely terrible. You are forced to install the disc 1 of a 8gb installation in order to play. (Xbox One is here! THE fuuuuuttuuuureeeee....) *Making fun of Major Nelson*

Yeah, I recommend waiting for the price to drop.
  21. Oct 6, 2013
    A pretty sucks balls game is already overvalued with optical, but without fun to do and absolutely. I must admit that I stopped after 35% of the story continue to play consistently. I have no desire

GTA online sucks boring
  22. Dec 17, 2013
    Please note THIS IS A EXPEREMENT to see how people react to the review; nothing im saying is actually true becouse of the 150 character minimum. here is my fake review: "this is the crappyest game i have EVER played, bad ai, all you do i rob banks and kill people
  23. Sep 23, 2013
    Great gameplay but with rather boring characters. The ways you can interact with the environment and people around you is truly impressive. Equally impressive is the size of the open-world available to you. The number of things you can do in it seems endless. The graphics is often impressive, especially when you travel through the big environments (city, desert, forest, ocean etc). HavingGreat gameplay but with rather boring characters. The ways you can interact with the environment and people around you is truly impressive. Equally impressive is the size of the open-world available to you. The number of things you can do in it seems endless. The graphics is often impressive, especially when you travel through the big environments (city, desert, forest, ocean etc). Having three characters to customize and level up is awesome. My only gripe with the game is that the characters are either cliché or consist entirely of stereotypes. Not just the main characters but everyone else in the game as well. Even Trevor, the most original of the three, becomes cartoonish because he is over-the-top at all times. All of this matters because when you consider how unique and novel the gameplay itself is, it feels like a mismatch. If this was another Saint's Row game this cartoonish depiction of people would fit, but in a game that takes itself "seriously" it does not fit so well. Especially when you compare it to GTA4, Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire. The characters in those games were more interesting and less juvenile. And why is there no female character to play Female criminals do actually exist believe it or not. However, considering how women are depicted in the game there is no question as to whom the game is really aimed at. Fun game by all means, especially if you love open-world games with lots of things to do. I just wish the characters were as original and complex as the rest of the game. Expand
  24. Apr 14, 2014
    it was the worst gta ever the game play sucked so hard and multiplier was just terrible i think rockstar
    could of done way better. like i play it a little turn it off go back to it and my game is always corrupt. i had
    to go to my cousin's just to beat the game
  25. Sep 29, 2013
    I'll cut straight to criticisms.

I'll cut straight to criticisms.

Camera is still surprisingly slow on maxed out sensitivity. You still have to tap A to sprint or peddle bicycles faster. Left trigger to ADS or lock on for melee which unfortunately is still not as versatile or interesting to witness as Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. You shoot with right trigger and you can't switch it with left trigger without switching sticks. Like in GTA IV you tap right shoulder button to cling to walls which while less clunky and more immediate will often slap you against a surface that has an open line of fire from the enemy.

There are a few differences. Crouching is a stealth action. The weapon wheel; engaged by holding the left shoulder button. Not only can you carry every class of weapon in the game but every model and you switch them by picking weapon class with the right stick then scrolling through models with directional buttons. You trigger sticky bombs by tapping left, while selecting weapons in a vehicle is done by pressing X. Needless to say it's convoluted and often even illogical.

Early on you'll notice how much easier the game is in some ways and more difficult in others. In both cases to the detriment of the experience. On foot, eliminating an enemy is a breeze due to far less recoil, lots of aim assist (yes, even in free-aim), and bullet magnetism. This leaves gun fights feeling shallow. To counter this difficulty is amped up by having more enemies per encounter leaving your health bar to erode faster. This holds true even in vehicles with them serving in no appreciable way as armor. You'll need body armor when engaging in a gunfight. I'll go into further detail why that's an issue when I touch on how the game's economy is a problem. Either way, if it's not as fun shooting one enemy as it was in the previous game you're not going to want to shoot even more of them.

Speaking of vehicles. They are a lot easier in every way. Accelerate and reach max speed faster. Decelerate almost instantly in comparison to GTA IV. Even the heaviest class takes turns as sharply as a formula one car. Further, when airborne you can control a vehicles yaw, pitch, and roll like they all come with an elevator, rudder, and aileron. This goes a long way in harming suspension of disbelief. Planes are a different story.

Much more can be said on the subject of cars, though. As if being less distinguishable from each other wasn't enough sports cars are everywhere. In GTA iV you quickly learned the characteristics of most vehicles and gravitated towards certain models, fully appreciating when they pop-up. You completely cherished sports/super cars and saved them for races and more difficult missions. In GTA V it doesn't matter. You can pop into most cars and they'll get the job done. Not only do they handle like go-karts they have their physics as well. Mach trucks will fly sky high at the slightest bump and vans can easily be shifted 45 degrees by kicking.

Physics in general are a step down from GTA IV. Nothing feels like it has weight including dumpsters which now feel like empty cardboard. Crashing is inconsequential. Even the damage model is bungled with the hardest collisions leaving minor scrapes. It's a testament to GTA IV that failing was as fun as succeeding. In GTA V it's hard to fail and it's not that much fun to succeed. Maybe this is by design. It's a big world. You'll need to get from mission to mission. With all that space this was their slipshod solution.

The missions themselves aren't handled much better. The side missions often have some scripted event and interesting character interaction to introduce them. Once that's done you're left with a painfully dull task that outstays it's welcome. Triathlons, Yoga, Towing Vehicles, Golf, Tennis which isn't bad itself but one set requires you to win six games. Against a good opponent this can go on for nearly half an hour. Bowling in GTA IV might not have been particularly engaging but it knew it was there for little else than flesh out a game world and it's characters.

You'll need to do missions for money which there's a scarcity of. I mentioned you'll need body armor but the average mission will pay for about two of those and hospital visits are insanely expensive. You'll need to buy up businesses (vary by character) which will pay too small off an amount weekly. To improve pay you'll need to do missions for these businesses. Some are time sensitive. Factoring in travel time, too sensitive. You will need to make investments. The biggest cash ins are during corporate sabotage missions. If you missed out. You're SOL.

On the subject of messing up, you will and then the cops arrive. They get provoked by as little as jumping face first into a wall never mind hostile actions. Even at one star they aren't easy to shake and one star takes too long to disappear but it can turn into two stars for no apparent reason and things escalate from there.
  26. Sep 17, 2013
    Lowering the user score because the PC version hasn't come out yet is absolutely pathetic. Screw the haters just because they're jealous they can't play the game as well. Get over yourself, FFS.

It's a great game. Buy it.
  27. Oct 6, 2013
    The single player is very fun, but it is incomplete. The game encourages you to develop heist characters for a total of 2 more heists. There are no further heists you can organise on your own after you finish the game, in fact aside from buying property there is very little to do once you complete the game. As you don't make much money until the last 15% of the game you are left with aThe single player is very fun, but it is incomplete. The game encourages you to develop heist characters for a total of 2 more heists. There are no further heists you can organise on your own after you finish the game, in fact aside from buying property there is very little to do once you complete the game. As you don't make much money until the last 15% of the game you are left with a game that forces you to complete the story as fast as possible so you can have some money to modify cars and such. The game sadly feels incomplete.

The most telling sign of incompleteness is GTA Online. This is perhaps the worst ever online release I have ever seen. It should really have been ready with the game but this isn't the issue. Having waited for online to be released it took me 3 days to get online. Once I was finally online there were issues loading missions and with matchmaking. You lose a lot of money when you die to encourage you to use your real money to buy in game money which just ruins the gameplay. This micro-transaction mechanism works with free to play games but when I have already spend £45 on the game I don't expect to be encouraged to spend more.

The most irritating the about GTA Online is that my character, after hours of gameplay, has completely disappeared. In a response Rockstar comment on some of the minor bugs such as missing cars or guns instead of the really big issue of missing characters. Poor release and poor support since. I am sickened by the shambles Rockstar's release of GTAO is.
  28. Oct 13, 2013
    This is the most overrated game ever! It's poorly designed, with a stupid 3-heroes gameplay and primitive, but damaging role-playing system, Cars in this game are steering so badly, that it's be better if there is was no cars at all! And made race mission at the beginning of the game evil decision,

There is no atmosphere at all and a bunch of overplayed chars. This game is 100% money lost for some piece of unplayable crap.
  29. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is a 10 out of 10 and any of the reviews giving it a 0 are just trolls upset that the game isn't announced for PC yet. I assure you, a PC port is coming. GTA has never not been released on PC. Red Dead Redemption gets brought up a lot but that was made by an entirely different studio. The code was a mess and porting it would have been a nightmare so it never happened. The game ISThis game is a 10 out of 10 and any of the reviews giving it a 0 are just trolls upset that the game isn't announced for PC yet. I assure you, a PC port is coming. GTA has never not been released on PC. Red Dead Redemption gets brought up a lot but that was made by an entirely different studio. The code was a mess and porting it would have been a nightmare so it never happened. The game IS coming to PC, just a little late to the party.

GTA 5 is a masterpiece in almost every way possible. Every bit of the mechanics, the story, the world, it is exceptional. Rockstar North know how to make open world games, and they knocked this out of the park and it deserves every bit of the praise.
  30. Sep 19, 2013
    Take GTA SA and remove the loveable characters controls and missions the also the areas and add 3 more boring scumbags and a extremely boring world and you got GTA V I have no idea why this game is so praised
  31. Oct 16, 2013
    Most depressing game I've ever played. I had high hopes for the game after all the hype. The magazines etc must be kidding us! They have obviously just gone along with public opinion with their biased 'best game ever', and 'groundbreaking' reviews. I've seen better graphics, better gameplay, storylines etc elsewhere. This GTA thing has been done to death now...Drive around, shootMost depressing game I've ever played. I had high hopes for the game after all the hype. The magazines etc must be kidding us! They have obviously just gone along with public opinion with their biased 'best game ever', and 'groundbreaking' reviews. I've seen better graphics, better gameplay, storylines etc elsewhere. This GTA thing has been done to death now...Drive around, shoot someone, steal some money, goto a clothes shop, buy a burger, swim around, use the cheats....Nee naw nee naw, some (as the game puts it) swearing non stop YAAAAWWWWNNNNN....They just promote it to make money ...One big cash in. The game is rubbish!
    Ok so the latest GTA game, number 5... First off, EVERYTHING you do in this game takes AGES. This is very clearly a game for people with no life whatsoever. Installing the game takes ages, you will spend hours trying to be able to save the game because it throws you into one boring mission after another (which entails driving around a massive landscape that all looks the same in a boring car (which all steer the same)). You complete the mission which goes on and on with endless chit chat and a (as the game puts it), saying 'pus£y as£ motha£u£in homeboy hoe' and 'move chor bi$ch as% fatherfu&ker homey' and 'whut id it wit choo (and such things non-stop throughout the game). It will do your head in that much you would rather the main characters got killed instead. Just a bunch of idiot main characters with nothing about them to like. You will murder, steal etc and all the time not give a toss about the person you are playing as...Just pointless. The game is racist, sexist, full of filth, corruption and murder. It's seedy and depressing. It's not a true representation of real life at all. When have you ever heard a rea; 'coloured' guy talk like these idiots they dig out for games and movies? It's like having Samuel Sackson in die hard 3 and an angry coked-up Eggie Murphy shouting in your ear for hours on end... And again it's been done and been done better before. We had all this nonsense in San Andreas with 'CJ'. 'Hey dat man chillin in ma crib homey' stupid talking rubbish. Again; It's impossible to relate to the characters because they are rapists, idiots, thieves and murderers (and worse)...Just scum. The radio drives you off your head and how anyone with an actual real life can play this game I will never know....I mean it's so unnecessarly detailed you can even choose the ringtone on your fake phone in the game or take photos with the phones camera, check texts, messages online etc. It's just too much for a game. Fake girlfriends, fake friends etc etc. Wtf? Get a life folks! The strip club is a joke. I mean if they are going to have all that stuff why not just go the full hog and put in detailed sex etc instead of beating around the bush with a bit of tittie here and there? The game is just a cop out. It can't even do the violence and sex thing right without shi&&ing out. As I said, EVERYTHING takes ages in this game. I went to play it online thinking "I've got an hour to kill (before i went out to live in the real world"...But It went on and on and on with some coloured guy showing me around (another idiot) saying this, that, sh^& hoe bit&hin motha&^ka that for hours again, only to drop me somewhere in the world with more criminal activity to do as I controlled another lowlife (myself this time which i created with the character creation which is also totally rubbish (you pick your granny and grandad and their granny and grandad to get your looks). I played the game for a few hours (which was pretty good going) and after all the drugs, violence and utter boredom I was begging someone to take me into the shops to trade the (sh%t) game in...I couldn't wait! The main characters are cowards too which makes it even more unbearable and when angry go into little girlie hissy fits etc...They reminded me of wanabees on x factor getting told they can't sing and then they go all spotty and teenage and display their little temper tantrums....Just pathetic. I usually buy these games to drive around the virtual world with my steering wheel. On this game the wheel doesnt work (it works with every other car game). Nothing of use actually works in this game. Even the cheats are rubbish. No lock wanted level, nothing. Your forced to just play the dull, sick storyline. Who wants to play a game hearing throughout non-stop some bit$% as£ hoe, complain about their sad life all the way through a game? There are 3 characters in this game...3 whingers that do nothing but complain about their rubbish pathetic lives and see violence and behaving as an idiot as the only way out. They all have mental issues and see phychologists, take drugs, drink etc. Hardly a cheery game and not something I would pollute my mind with. I took this back to the shop the next day, sorry I ever bought it. Everything about this game bored me stupid
  32. Sep 17, 2013
    This game got so much hype before it was released GOTY, Perfect 10, etc... Yes it's better than GTA 4 but with all the features taken away from San Andreas was there anywhere to go but up?
  33. Sep 18, 2013
    This game makes you feel miniscule. There is so much to do and even though you have the option to do it or not...you are left with a feeling of missing out. It's depressing. A game should be enjoyable.

I do appreciate the incredible detail and technology that went into this game to make it possible...but its really just too much. Its more like a Life Simulation than a game and while its enjoyable for the most part: In the long run, it will be depressing to even say you play it.

GTA Online will be interesting to see, but if the single player makes you feel this way... I don't think Online will be any sort of redeeming quality. Sure it will be fun with friends to joke around and maybe role play...but really, its too much and just sad. There is no real pride in saying you play GTAV.

Don't get me wrong! It's fantastically made. There is so much of everything and it's really pushing the limits of what you can do...but really its TOO MUCH. Makes you really miss games that actually were games.
  34. Sep 19, 2013
    Greatest game ever in my very honest opinion, every penny profit R* make from this game is well deserved! it has set a new standard in gaming that very few developers could ever achieve! I could spend all day just talking about how great it is, but you have to play it yourself to truly understand the scope! well done Sam, Dan and the rest of the amazing team which made this game what itGreatest game ever in my very honest opinion, every penny profit R* make from this game is well deserved! it has set a new standard in gaming that very few developers could ever achieve! I could spend all day just talking about how great it is, but you have to play it yourself to truly understand the scope! well done Sam, Dan and the rest of the amazing team which made this game what it is. On a side note I've noticed a lot of negative reviews for this game on Metacritic, If you truly believe this game is rubbish and not worth a second of your time then fair enough! but if you are going to post bad reviews based on the fact a PC version has not been announced then maybe you don't deserve a pc version at all! R* have made GTA games like this for ages, what makes people think that they should be self entitled to something just because they play pc? most smart people nowadays own a pc and console. Expand
  35. Sep 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where to start.

This game is visually stunning, almost the beauty of a Need For Speed game, with the ridiculously meticulous details of a GTA game. The character switching is great, the shooting is vastly improved from the previous GTA (although still not perfect, but i'm not complaining).

The driving is a hell of a lot better than previous versions, you now have the ability to take a sharp corner quickly without careering into hoards of people, trees, lamp posts....you get the idea.

The characters are interesting, and very noticeably different in mannerisms, actions and most surprisingly walks. It is these little details all over GTAV that make this game such a pleasure to play.

Overall: Amazing, and for every person that says this game will be forgotten in 4 months, I doubt it!

(Just a note as well, there are a couple of people commenting about the deliberate slow progression of Rockstar with the GTA series to sell more copies, there may be that to a certain extent, but think about when GTAIV came out, after 9/11, based on New York, do you think flying planes would have been seen as a good idea? Think about it people!)
  36. Sep 19, 2013
    At the end of the day it's just the same as always (poor plot and funny open-world freedom) but with plenty plenty new cool features and improved graphics. The thing is that it will happen as with most of GTA games: people won't really end the game or enjoy the story itself. Anyway it is a great game with lots of cool features and possibilities. The best GTA until the date, probably. ButAt the end of the day it's just the same as always (poor plot and funny open-world freedom) but with plenty plenty new cool features and improved graphics. The thing is that it will happen as with most of GTA games: people won't really end the game or enjoy the story itself. Anyway it is a great game with lots of cool features and possibilities. The best GTA until the date, probably. But that doesn't make it a perfect game. Expand
  37. Sep 20, 2013
    Its a good game, but why the hell would rockstar thing i would want to spend a mission doing yoga? Some of its pretty glitchy too (some ladders for example) and the switching between characters can get annoying. The popups in the corner telling me to download the app to teach the dog new tricks are ridiculous.
  38. Dec 28, 2014
    InB4AngryFanboys
  39. Oct 11, 2013
    In all honesty, I tried to play this game, and I tried... I tried so hard... and what ended up happening was that I was greeted with multiple segments of "avoid damage and drive safely" which to me is just a big step down. It was Driving Simulator 2014 I swear to god. A game is meant to catch the attention within the first hour. I know that the game can get fun, but all the things thatIn all honesty, I tried to play this game, and I tried... I tried so hard... and what ended up happening was that I was greeted with multiple segments of "avoid damage and drive safely" which to me is just a big step down. It was Driving Simulator 2014 I swear to god. A game is meant to catch the attention within the first hour. I know that the game can get fun, but all the things that you have to do to lead up to that fun is just not worth it. I'll admit I loved the past few games, but they were fun, it threw you into the action, this is just driving along a road avoiding other cars. Expand
  40. Sep 24, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is the worst game in the franchise. With one fell swoop, Rockstar takes away the soul of every good GTA game, freedom. Essentially, this game tried so hard to mimic reality that it was its downfall. GTA games aren't supposed to be like real life, that's what was so fun about the other games. Not being able to fire your weapon anywhere, only certain characters beingGrand Theft Auto V is the worst game in the franchise. With one fell swoop, Rockstar takes away the soul of every good GTA game, freedom. Essentially, this game tried so hard to mimic reality that it was its downfall. GTA games aren't supposed to be like real life, that's what was so fun about the other games. Not being able to fire your weapon anywhere, only certain characters being able to buy certain properties, and the police contribute to the games sense of limiting personal freedom. The storyline and the graphics are the only good things about this game, which is probably the sole determinants of most of these reviews claiming the game is perfect. Selecting a weapon or radio station is unnecessarily difficult due to the Saint's Row-esque wheel. What was wrong with the previous controls? Playing this game seemed like an obligation. Continuing on the hamster wheel of mission after mission with little other options. The lack of available cheat codes sends an unmistakable message of you, do it our way'. As a GTA faithful since GTA III, this game is disappointing to say the least. Rockstar tried to make this game too real, and too much like Saint's Row, and by doing so, crushed the free spirit found in all of the previous Grand Theft Auto games Expand
  41. Oct 13, 2013
    a bugged piece of software that cannot be called video game. graphics are good, and that's it. gameplay is subpar and uninspired, there are so many bugs expect to play the game twice because your saved games are lost or you get stuck in the geometry. characters are shiit all in all the game is a bugged steaming pile of fuccking shhit
  42. Sep 23, 2013
    The gameplay is fine, the graphics are very good, but the characters and story are a huge turn off. I made it about a third of the way through the story and just stopped playing because I couldn't relate to or enjoy anything that was going on it just is not motivating to play.

The sandbox elements of the game are fine, but there's not enough there to motivate you to keep playing, unless you find goofing off for hours and hours entertaining. Me, I find it fun for 10 minutes.

I keep trying GTA games because so many people love them, and I keep being disappointed. I just don't get it. The story isn't any good, the characters aren't relatable at all, and without that, there's no motivation to keep playing more than a few hours. Overhyped and overrated.
  43. Sep 18, 2013
    After serving three missions in the style of GTA Driver, you finally are free to do what you want. Driving is boring, your car no longer has that realistic control. Do you feel the Excite Trucks GTA. So you decide to walk around. But also if u decide to hit someone on the way, look out! One punch and the person dies It Prototype GTA
  44. Sep 20, 2013
    The game is fun, but the Xbox 360 version keeps freezing every 10-20 minutes on my Original Xbox 360 (No HDMI version). It is frustrating to have to replay missions over and over and hope it doesn't freeze.
  45. Sep 20, 2013
    Just like the other GTAs, I got bored of this after messing around using cheats(the best part of the game), seeing the highest points of the game and being disappointed. Driving cars is the best part and that's not executed as well as other games do.
  46. Oct 14, 2013
    gta online 3 characters deleted.... why do any game companys go near cloud....... its just when u put 20 hours into a char x3 and have them deleted every time
  47. Oct 7, 2013
    too much like the saints row series and too much of the same game to me...i feel like it is way too repetitive with little improvements but nothing extraordinary...i guess i'm just burnt out on these types of games since i've played so many...
  48. Sep 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. all in all is another GTA with some improvements in gameplay. But what really annoyed me were the graphics, lame lame lame... more for "the most expensive game". huge turn off in that field. besides that it´s another GTA, I hope someday the game series can change a bit the success formula (drugs, stealth and sex), maybe a new idea would have been a female character in the group of main players.. but hey... can't blame me for dreaming a better game Expand
  49. Jan 23, 2014
    Rightly or wrongly GTA IV has come in for a fair amount of criticism over the last of couple of years. It is clear from the outset that Rockstar have looked to address the majority of the issues raised with regards to the previous entry in the series and, for the most part, they have been successful at doing so. One big change is that, with three separate characters to control, theRightly or wrongly GTA IV has come in for a fair amount of criticism over the last of couple of years. It is clear from the outset that Rockstar have looked to address the majority of the issues raised with regards to the previous entry in the series and, for the most part, they have been successful at doing so. One big change is that, with three separate characters to control, the developers have decided to take things much less seriously. Very few missions now involve simply driving to a location, shooting the bad guys, and then driving back for example. New ideas and concepts are introduced constantly throughout the game providing greater variety of missions, some of which are truly outlandish and great fun to play. The driving and shooting mechanics, which have never been the series strongest assets, have also seen a significant overhaul making for a vast improvement in the minute to minute gameplay.

If I was to nitpick I would have two small areas that I found slightly disappointing. The first is the music as, despite a selection of around 15 radio stations to choose, from I found very few songs that I wanted to listen to. I accept this will of course be down to personal preference but a bit more variety wouldn’t have gone amiss. My second criticism would be the fact that the story is completely linear. I wasn’t expecting the freedom of choice afforded by games like Mass Effect but it would have been nice to have some say in a few of the decisions being made by my characters (other than the A or B option given when tackling heists of course). In the end though these nitpicks, and the fact that its not overly different to its predecessors, can’t detract from what is certainly a top notch single player experience.

As for the online mode, well for me at least, it doesn’t really deliver on its promise. Exploring the city with friends and competing in races and deathmatches, as well as working together to tackle a number of co-op missions, provides a far more substantial experience than many games but it is often just more frustrating than fun. Setting aside the significant early problems the there are just too many issues to have to deal with. Whether it be people continually spawn killing you for no reason (safe mode doesn’t work as you can still be killed when in a vehicle or when someone runs you over), being unable to join friends missions or online hackers giving themselves millions of dollars and/or making themselves invincible I quickly found I simply couldn’t be bothered with it.

This of course doesn’t detract from the main game, and it could be a good few years until we see anything as ambitious or with such scope on the next gen consoles. Save your money and buy GTA V instead, you won’t regret it.
  50. Sep 24, 2013
    There's alot to love here and there is a reason why they are projecting for this game to actually slow the sales of the next generation of consoles for at least a year or so. GTA V is the most ambitious game ever made. The size of the city and the amount of stuff you can do is literally mind blowing. I have never had so many things to do at once in a video game. It can be a bitThere's alot to love here and there is a reason why they are projecting for this game to actually slow the sales of the next generation of consoles for at least a year or so. GTA V is the most ambitious game ever made. The size of the city and the amount of stuff you can do is literally mind blowing. I have never had so many things to do at once in a video game. It can be a bit overwhelming once you get past the first part of the game so it's best to take it in spurts. Everything is done very well. The gameplay is basically the same as past GTA games. You do missions, steal cars, shoot people with a large assortment of guns. On top of being able to play tennis and darts and do yoga, there's so much to do here you can be entertained for weeks.

The issue I have with the game is the backseat that the story and some of the characters took. The story is one of the weakest I've seen in a GTA game. For a series that prided itself on its ability to tell a story in the past, this game really drops the ball. Beyond a vague message about American Corruption and the Greed inside us all, there's literally nothing else here beyond "find a dude, do a mission for that dude, and not get paid by that dude, leading to you eventually killing that dude." This happens more times than I can count in this game with the only goal for all the characters in the game is to make money. The characters are ok, with Trevor definitely being the star of the show. Franklin is your stereotypical gangster looking get out of the hood and Micheal is a washed up has been who doesn't know the meaning of the words "character development." Frankly I was supremely disappointed with the story aspects of this game. Nothing ever caught my interest and I felt like I have while playing past GTA clones, working through boring missions just to get to the next one. It feels like Rockstar bypassed alot of the story elements to make the game as grand and expansive as possible. While that's not too terrible of a thing to do, it really hurt its overall value to me, someone who values all those story elements more than anything else. I was bored by the story in this game. Fortunately there was other stuff to do around it.

This game will win GotY, even if I feel like Bioshock or Last of Us would be more deserving. But there's a ton of appeal here and, like the selfish, greedy Americans they make fun of in this game, everyone from the ages of 12-42 will gobble this up like food to a starving man. This game is not bad by any means but it's nowhere near as good as it might have been had they not blown pretty much the entire budget on making the world finding stuff to do in it. All I know is I had a good time with it, but will I make it my game of choice for any longer than the week it took me to play through it? No, it will not.
  51. Sep 23, 2013
    Bandwagon hype sheep will claim its the greatest game ever but it really isn't. A disappointment of what it could have been but still a great game. Doesnt revolutionize anything like other GTA games have.
  52. Oct 13, 2013
    --Pros--
    Addicting gameplay, always want to try something new
    Great scope of game, can see way in the distance and is beautiful at times Voice acting, best of the series LOTS OF THINGS TO DO --Cons-- Multiplayer is.... coming along Story is just meh, character development over the time of the game is interesting but the way the characters develop together is underwhelming.
    --Pros--
    Addicting gameplay, always want to try something new
    Great scope of game, can see way in the distance and is beautiful at times
    Voice acting, best of the series
    LOTS OF THINGS TO DO

--Cons--
    Multiplayer is.... coming along
    Graphics are just okay at mid-close range, pop in during cut scenes and regular gameplay take you out of the experience a bit.
    Gets repetitive towards the end.
  53. Oct 9, 2013
    GTA V is nothing if not daring; the advent of 3 characters switchable at (almost) anytime, the pretty graphic violence explicitly shown throughout the story and the use of protagonists that lack the typical anti-hero dynamic are all breaths of fresh air in a series that seemed stale by GTA IV. As a whole, GTA V is an excellent game from freedom to roam and explore, wreak the town and goGTA V is nothing if not daring; the advent of 3 characters switchable at (almost) anytime, the pretty graphic violence explicitly shown throughout the story and the use of protagonists that lack the typical anti-hero dynamic are all breaths of fresh air in a series that seemed stale by GTA IV. As a whole, GTA V is an excellent game from freedom to roam and explore, wreak the town and go out guns blazing or just drive the police on wild chases, This game does what previous GTA games have always done, only more refined. The main story is where the game swings between brilliance and oddities: Michael, Trevor and Franklin are all unique characters with interesting backgrounds but their actions and words seem to contradict so often its a bit jarring. Suspension of disbelief is the price of admission for this game, don't expect it to justify itself very well as everything is about giving the player a new task to do or activity to partake in. While a more polished use of these three characters could have made the game all the most amazing, as it stands they are GTA protagonists who will do anything asked of them as long as it advances the game. Still. this is never a deal-breaker as it is an annoyance and when that part of the game doesn't live up others make up for it with sheer audacity. GTA V is a game that should be played expecting the story to be a tad convoluted but that remains a solid product well worth sinking many, many hours into. Expand
  54. Jun 25, 2014
    A long, drawn out mess of glitches, stress, and broken promises, Grand Theft Auto V is just not what could be considered "industry standard" in modern gaming. Rockstar seems to have rushed to the point that they released a game with no content, and are having to play "catch-up" in order to avoid chasing off most fans. How this game manages such high ratings is far beyond me!

I will

I will admit, I was a sucker that went out (having loved all the GTA games I've played) and purchased the whole collector's edition deal. I was thoroughly satisfied with my purchase, and enjoyed playing single player in eager anticipation of "Grand Theft Auto: Online", the big deal multiplayer for this game that wasn't even released with the game, but weeks after. I figured that it would not be a problem, they must have taken their time. I'll enjoy the single player story, which is the only reason I am even giving this game a 3 and not a 1. The story is phenomenal. I laughed, got frustrated (but in a good way), and enjoyed seeing these three characters slowly work their way together to be the syndicate crime trio they ended as.

Moving on to the not-so-great, multiplayer in this game is so many DLC packs behind where they originally promised that it is utterly sickening. I can count five times that the infamous "Heist Update" was mentioned, and yet it is still "not quite ready for release" according to Rockstar's official statements at the release of one of the many filler packs (consisting mostly of clothes, weapons, and sometimes the same bland cars you've seen before), the "I'm Not A Hipster Pack". I cannot speak for readers of this review, but I have grown very tired of stale downloadable content that just screams copy-paste-recolor, and that is all I feel they have done with GTA Online. From one horrible decision to the next, with ever-so-slight fixes in the game that are few and far-between, GTA Online fails to compete to even the simplicity of GTA IV's online mode, in which glitches do not run rampant, and money is not an issue that is constantly being worked on (and microtransacted). I cannot say that I feel I got my money's worth with this game. The story was great, but when you were promised something so much more, it is upsetting. Rockstar, you have created a monster of a poor game in a very modern and new gaming generation, and I fear that it will harm you severely, with many players flocking to next-gen consoles. I understand a release for GTA V on the new generation consoles is coming soon, but you have to ask yourself: "Would I spend even more money on this game, just to get the same broken promises?" I know I certainly am having second thoughts. What would you do, Rockstar?
  55. Sep 18, 2013
    To all you Call of duty Fanboys hope metacritic bans by IP's !!

To all you Call of duty Fanboys hope metacritic bans by IP's !!

great game very tough when you got a 3 star wanted lvl aka advanced AI system makes it hard to dodge the cops other than a few minor grips such as that and lil direction for tasks like when L asks you to get a smart suit which i had on yet wouldnt start the mission ,i found out i had to buy/wear the shoes as well other than that and few other small gripes its a well developed game and remember this is only half of the experience aka GTA online Oct 1st this game should be a perfect score but the butt-hurt lil boys oops i mean Cod fanboys wants to abuse the system as always >FYI CoD is a re-hash after re-hash least Battlefield is built from the ground up usually not copy and paste and always full of hackers !!

this game will most likely be nominated and granted GoY due to its gameplay,story,content all together look skyrim that took GoY in 2011 aka VGA's now GTA V has a very strong chance in winning it for 2013 VGA's

besides the small bugs im gonna give this a 9/10
  56. Sep 20, 2013
    I am giving this game a 8 because of a few things. 1st off I would like to say I am a fan of Rockstar. not a huge fan boy either

The Good. Details, All about the details they left none out on the textures... City and land are huge The city at night from the sky reminds me of when I used to fly on trips, and going over a city and seeing all the light was awesome.. This gave me that

The Good.

Details, All about the details they left none out on the textures...
    City and land are huge
    The city at night from the sky reminds me of when I used to fly on trips, and going over a city and seeing all the light was awesome.. This gave me that same feeling without the loud sounds of a Jet.
    Wide variety of vehicles to drive. TONS, But also some are just useless.

Great selection of weapons and mods. as well as for the cars to...

The Bad

WTF is with everyone smoking in this game, really....

Driving around every where gets tedious.. (Thank goodness for the cab)

Hunting was a huge disappointment for me. It would of been nice to go to my wardrobe. Put on some Cameo and go hunting. This you cannot, you have to trigger a mission thing. as well you don't get to keep any keep sake from your kill, just feels like a waste to me.

Fishing, open world? would of been nice to take a boat out and go fishing, buy different poles, and reels, and lines, maybe catch a shark, and then sell them.

The carnival, 1 ride, and one broken ride, no playable games, mini games here would of been fun.. for everything feeling at least a little real, The carnival lacked this for me.

Same GTA Mechanics. Beat game, do all actives, find all hidden and bang another GTA...

Overall its a fun game, but for me they are still a long a ways from my GTA Game I have dreamed off.. They are getting closer though, and I know they did not make the game for me... It is worth the 60 bucks.
  57. Sep 21, 2013
    Everyone has their own interests in gaming, for me, I prefer Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas more than Grand Theft Auto IV, I decided to play it since my brother bought it.

I found a few bugs and glitches in the game, which didn't take away the experience much from me, and it seems other people don't care about it, calling the game a masterpiece, but I still think otherwise. With a new input to the game, that hasn't been done in the series, it has brought new hype to the game, just like any Grand Theft Auto game, but with a little more details extended to it, making the game nothing short of fun.

I'm glad that everyone enjoys this, but if anyone prefers the old style GTA games, I suggest you stick with that, and if you're trying to experience something new to the series, this is a great chance to do so.
  58. Oct 13, 2013
    The single player campaign is nothing less than superb. That part alone should get 10 out of 10. However the online portion has several large problems with it;

1) The release of online was delayed 2) When it did become active it was over swamped with users 3) When users go online, it crapped out and sometime lost their progress 4) When it did work, there is a lot of random fighting

1) The release of online was delayed
    2) When it did become active it was over swamped with users
    3) When users go online, it crapped out and sometime lost their progress
    4) When it did work, there is a lot of random fighting whether you want it or not. (suggestion 3 settings; passive, friendly, aggressive)
    5) Leveling and money are a joke. People have already found many ways to fake level up, cars, users, money. They really needed to and still need to stop the abuse of the system. I have many suggestions for that.

Even with all those issues, at the end of the day it is still fun
  59. Oct 12, 2013
    this game is awesome. i always wait for the next gta game eagerly but this one takes the cake. best ever. it took some of the best elements of vice city and san andreas to make one uber awesome game. be warned the story is a little bit shorter than prior gta titles (cuz people actually complained gta 4 was too long but the story is the best yet. pulling heists, owning property, its allthis game is awesome. i always wait for the next gta game eagerly but this one takes the cake. best ever. it took some of the best elements of vice city and san andreas to make one uber awesome game. be warned the story is a little bit shorter than prior gta titles (cuz people actually complained gta 4 was too long but the story is the best yet. pulling heists, owning property, its all there.

only bad things i can say are the cops and random npc are very aggressive. you can get a wanted level by standing real close to someone to long and the cops are very heavy handed this time around. but its a little better now that you can hide from cops in dark alley ways to lose your wanted level. if it wasnt for these issues it would be a 10/10.

the online portion is just as good as well, much better than gta 4 was.

GREAT GAME OVERALL.
  60. Sep 21, 2013
    Will give it a better score when they un gimp Chop for any non apple users. Btw it doesnt work on my ipod touch. Hugh spit in the face from Rockstar to all their non apple user fans.
  61. Oct 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Though it is a good game, beautiful graphics, brilliant storyline, and good AI, it has some cons.
    The damage system is absolutely unacceptable. Not only for cars, but for the player. In the old GTA, you could survive a good 10, 20, or even 30 minutes without dying right away. Now if you get 2 to 3 stars, it's over for you, because you die in just 2/3 shots. I find that it would be more fun if you could play with an actual Godmode cheat, but no. To top it off, the cheat only last 5 minutes, and by the time you put it in again, you will be long dead and murdered by the cops who seemingly ALWAYS know where you are, weather it's in an alleyway, or on top of Mount Chilliad, cops will spawn near and head straight for you. For cars? You can get in a head on collision with a truck and pretty much have your car suffer a small dent. The cheats are a bit of a disappointment too, what happened to the "put this cheat in and it is saved on your phone for life" thing? It's like GTA San Andreas but no fun cheats either. Cool cheats like the "Flying cars" or "pedestrian riots" didn't even make a close return. Online is also a disappointment, why make it so that a stolen car can get a wanted level, but not do that in single player? And what's the point of even trying to play with other players when they only kill you in each second?
    All in all, it's a good game, definitely worth spending money on.
  62. Oct 27, 2013
    This game is good and bad in some ways. The map is very well made and has many areas to explore. The characters are also amazing and are different in millions of ways. I really enjoy the guns, as well as the neat explosions. The graphics are okay, but they should be better. What sucks about it is the missions, and especially online. Most of the missions on single player have no shooting orThis game is good and bad in some ways. The map is very well made and has many areas to explore. The characters are also amazing and are different in millions of ways. I really enjoy the guns, as well as the neat explosions. The graphics are okay, but they should be better. What sucks about it is the missions, and especially online. Most of the missions on single player have no shooting or action and are just plain boring. All you do on gta online is steal cars and deliver them which is a The game is sooo repetitive. It also really doesn't feel like gta. It feels like I'm playing an entirely different game. This game doesn't deserve all around 10's, it's actually not so much of a good game. This game is just as overhyped as heck and it sucks but at the same time its kind of fun. Expand
  63. Sep 22, 2013
    Greatest game ever. As a cursed PC gamer I really looked at the graphics; I can conclude that I was not disappointed. Unfortunately, there was texture popping. I played through the entire game, finished it today, the story was just great.
  64. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is really good but with all other entries it comes with its bad parts.However this games plot is really well explained alot to do in its free roam and gameplay is really fun and moreover i enjoyed it. but this games first few missions practically are the same thing and those side missions are great but always the same thing.Graphics could have been a bit better but the lightingThis game is really good but with all other entries it comes with its bad parts.However this games plot is really well explained alot to do in its free roam and gameplay is really fun and moreover i enjoyed it. but this games first few missions practically are the same thing and those side missions are great but always the same thing.Graphics could have been a bit better but the lighting is really good. an awesome game must play Expand
  65. Sep 26, 2013
    I was really into GTA IV and that's what made me buy GTA V. I have heard excellent reviews about this game, but I was a bit disappointed with the graphics. For a game with this budget I thought that my world would have been shattered and that didn't really happen. I don't like the new physics on the cars: breaking at 200mph should do something else than a smooth stop. Still, I liked it andI was really into GTA IV and that's what made me buy GTA V. I have heard excellent reviews about this game, but I was a bit disappointed with the graphics. For a game with this budget I thought that my world would have been shattered and that didn't really happen. I don't like the new physics on the cars: breaking at 200mph should do something else than a smooth stop. Still, I liked it and would recommend it to friends. Expand
  66. Oct 3, 2013
    I have never played the previous GTA games but I have heard so many things about it. This game has to one of the best games I have played this year!!! My only problem I have with this game are some of the character models (especially the ladies) Their hair is like it's glued to the head or something.
  67. Oct 12, 2013
    There are only 2 kinds of people that dislike GTA V: Those who have too much pride in themselves to give any game a good score, and those kids who doesnt' own the game but read the former's opinions. Let me tell you something guys, as an average gamer, i rercommend that YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME,IGNORE THE HATERS, IT'S A MASTERPIECE. From the vast areas of mountains and plains to the hugeThere are only 2 kinds of people that dislike GTA V: Those who have too much pride in themselves to give any game a good score, and those kids who doesnt' own the game but read the former's opinions. Let me tell you something guys, as an average gamer, i rercommend that YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME,IGNORE THE HATERS, IT'S A MASTERPIECE. From the vast areas of mountains and plains to the huge and busy city of Los Santos, there is always a bunch load of details, and the innovating story line is an instant classic. As long as you appreciate what GTA V brings you, you will never get bored in this nicely done sequel of GTA IV, by the hands of our talented developers from Rockstar. Seriously guys, BUY IT, PLAY IT, LOVE IT! Expand
  68. Oct 12, 2013
    Campaign A decent cake with a bunch of sprinkles etc. After a while the story (cake) starts to "taste" boring and you no longer want more until those fun or silly (sprinkles, etc.) missions and moments come along, only to be devoured quickly by a hungry player.
    Mulitplayer At first, it is enjoyable for about a few hours, then it gets extremely dull and repetitive. Fortunately, or unfortunately, a couple of features have not been released yet, so I don't know if the multiplayer will be that T-shirt you wore for five minutes, then afterwards was discarded.
    The only way mulitplayer can be fun around this time is for you and some mates, friends or whatever to muck about like pigs in the mud.
  69. Oct 13, 2013
    All i can say is wow this game has certainly lived up to the hype that was displayed by rockstar. It took me 2-3 days to complete the game and every single bit of it was marvellous i have yet to be encounter a dull moment in this beautiful interpretation of California Every little bit to the foam from the sparkling luscious water to the Great wide open spaces of Mount chilliad (gta 5'sAll i can say is wow this game has certainly lived up to the hype that was displayed by rockstar. It took me 2-3 days to complete the game and every single bit of it was marvellous i have yet to be encounter a dull moment in this beautiful interpretation of California Every little bit to the foam from the sparkling luscious water to the Great wide open spaces of Mount chilliad (gta 5's biggest mountain) this game is just stunning the only 2 things that are stopping me from giving this game a 10 is the lack of anti aliasing every once and a while you will notice the absence of it, but i am sure will be taken care if it gets out on pc the second the thing is the online Do not get me wrong the online is utterly awesome it is just abit buggy at the moment which i am sure rockstar will take care of in future updates/patches it is an expanding world which much to do just not living to expectations at the moment But over all The best free roam game i have ever played and it certainly a contender for the best game i have ever played Expand
  70. Oct 13, 2013
    the game has awesome new features, cars, planes and the online part. The game is so cool it has made 4 million on the 1st day. you can do anything in the game. I hate just 1 part which is the cops and the ending.
  71. Oct 13, 2013
    I really enjoy playing Grand Theft Auto 5. For those people checking the reviews for this game before you buy it I suggest stop wasting time and go get it! This game is probably the best game of the century and I mean it. There is so much in the game that it is hard to explain it all. I give this game a 9 out of 10 because it still need those little things that can make it so much betterI really enjoy playing Grand Theft Auto 5. For those people checking the reviews for this game before you buy it I suggest stop wasting time and go get it! This game is probably the best game of the century and I mean it. There is so much in the game that it is hard to explain it all. I give this game a 9 out of 10 because it still need those little things that can make it so much better but they’re nothing too big that you really notice unless you really look. The multiplayer mode is way better than Grand Theft Auto 4 only because now you can buy your own house and garage and customize all guns and cars when you have the money of course. One thing that I dislike about the game is the unrealistic car accidents that can happen. For an example if you were to hit a light post that your car would die and you need the cops and a towing truck and to deal with all that mess and that this leads that the game is not very realistic. One thing I love about it is the different areas like the city, busy as always, or the woods, nice and calm, and then the ocean where you can go out and dive. Expand
  72. Oct 17, 2013
    Grand theft auto 5 is an outstanding game there's so much to donuts amazing best xbox 360 and it's just great you must own it now I recommend you to go and buy this game.
  73. Oct 16, 2013
    I really love this game. It has an good story line and I really like the 3 character idea. Online also adds a great aspect into your game. When you finished campaign you just go head first into online mode and you have something to do for the next few years. The car tuning system works great and the idea of insuring your car is very handy. When you're playing online and you are level 10I really love this game. It has an good story line and I really like the 3 character idea. Online also adds a great aspect into your game. When you finished campaign you just go head first into online mode and you have something to do for the next few years. The car tuning system works great and the idea of insuring your car is very handy. When you're playing online and you are level 10 you'll unlock bounty's which add another great aspect to the online gameplay. You can just become a bounty hunter and earn your money that way. And last but not least the weather is great, Especially the way rain influences your grip. Only negative point Steering is a bit weird. Expand
  74. Oct 16, 2013
    This game is amazing and it is so much fun. I love the characters and how realistic it all is. My one complaint is that it is almost impossible to land a plane and it is really frustrating.
  75. Nov 1, 2013
    First, I should say this was the first GTA game I played. I originally wanted to play this because I had seen other people play it and the story and the missions looked interesting. Once I actually started playing the game, I was absolutely appalled by the controls. It was like trying to use an Xbox after I'd just had a lobotomy. Maybe that's the allure to some people, but I actually wantFirst, I should say this was the first GTA game I played. I originally wanted to play this because I had seen other people play it and the story and the missions looked interesting. Once I actually started playing the game, I was absolutely appalled by the controls. It was like trying to use an Xbox after I'd just had a lobotomy. Maybe that's the allure to some people, but I actually want to PLAY my games. The one thing this game has going for it is the music. That's some jazzy Expand
  76. Oct 26, 2013
    I have been waiting for GTA V since San Andreas, it is very cool and it had a really good score as it deserves. The map is pretty cool and very huge. I did get kind of bored when I had finished the campaign, it just didn't seem like there was much else to do. GTA online part of it is fun to play with your friends, you can buy some pretty cool houses and what-not. I've only had a coupleI have been waiting for GTA V since San Andreas, it is very cool and it had a really good score as it deserves. The map is pretty cool and very huge. I did get kind of bored when I had finished the campaign, it just didn't seem like there was much else to do. GTA online part of it is fun to play with your friends, you can buy some pretty cool houses and what-not. I've only had a couple experiences where textures of certain object won't load right away, which is kind of annoying. But it's a good buy and worth it. Expand
  77. Oct 29, 2013
    A game that lacks interesting characters or truly engaging story. You mostly follow some psychopaths doing stuff, have "drive from A->B" missions and listen to dialogue that could be from any half assed gangster movie. On the top of that, all female characters are reflections of a, (at least somewhat) misogynistic mind. I wish I loved this game for what it is, but it simply lacks so muchA game that lacks interesting characters or truly engaging story. You mostly follow some psychopaths doing stuff, have "drive from A->B" missions and listen to dialogue that could be from any half assed gangster movie. On the top of that, all female characters are reflections of a, (at least somewhat) misogynistic mind. I wish I loved this game for what it is, but it simply lacks so much of what I want in a modern game. Expand
  78. Jan 5, 2014
    Look, I'm a fan. I'm also a parent. A very lax one, sometimes to my kids' detriment as was the case with this game. I bought this for my teenaged+ kids for Christmas, and I don't think I could have made a bigger mistake.

The game itself is flawless. Smooth. Realism. Great looking. Great gameplay. The content is unforgivably offensive, to the point that a liberal like me- who

The game itself is flawless. Smooth. Realism. Great looking. Great gameplay.

The content is unforgivably offensive, to the point that a liberal like me- who leaps to the defense of the industry and rails against ratings and censorship online- I think I made a huge mistake as a parent. The good news? My kids came to me, because I get a little uptight with them when we buy a full priced new game and they either don't play it or blast through the main story on easy in a week, they came to me and told me they were too uncomfortable with the content to play it anymore. They did. I took a look at what was on by big ol' high def television, and all I can say is that it would have deserved a "XXX" rating in any other media genre. Disgusting.

Profane. Racist. Violent in an anti-social and stomach-churning way. And some of the content is flat out pornography. Not even good pornography. The content reflects a version of "reality" that made each and every one of us ill, and now this game is going to Game Stop as a trade-in ASAP.

Everyone seems to be in a big hurry to praise this game (and as usual you wonder how many reviewers actually played the WHOLE game, how many are mindless zombie fans, and how many are being paid for positive reviews), but Rockstar has gone way, way too far this time. Far enough that I'm flaming this game. Far enough that I'm going to become a supporter of game content censorship. Good work, guys. You turned me into a conservative on this matter. Far enough that I will not buy another Rockstar title ever again (I'm a PC gamer, anyway so no loss there for me. I'm sick of Rockstar's console developer suck-up anyway.)

When the conservative folk want to censor an industry everyone complains. Everyone, including me. We definitely don't need game developers giving ammunition to the many folk that would love to see the whole thing go away. But, like I said, now I'm a supporter of censorship thanks to this one. Of course, the censorship will go too far one day also- but this industry will have no one to blame but themselves (actually, blame Rockstar.)

This is a vile, repugnant, profane game wrapped in brilliant programming and technology. Shame on Rockstar games. Shame on them for following up Red Dead Redemption with this pile of garbage. Parents, trust me-from a liberal parent- keep this one out of your kids' hands.
  79. Jul 15, 2014
    GTA 5 was NOT the best game in the year 2013. Why? Because it was an overhyped AAA-title, that can't raise the bar. With raise the bar i doesn't mean the SUPER MEGA HYPER graphics. It was good marketed (at least in Germany), but in Gameplay it had no innovations. It was the same title like the olders, with a new, in 1,5 hours playable story (but the story was good) and new graphics. ThatGTA 5 was NOT the best game in the year 2013. Why? Because it was an overhyped AAA-title, that can't raise the bar. With raise the bar i doesn't mean the SUPER MEGA HYPER graphics. It was good marketed (at least in Germany), but in Gameplay it had no innovations. It was the same title like the olders, with a new, in 1,5 hours playable story (but the story was good) and new graphics. That is the reason to pay 60€ (in Germany). Well, it had good elements, but no new.

1000000000000/100- IGN

Sorry for translation errors.
  80. Nov 5, 2013
    The game's campaign proved absolutely incredible, but after a simple completion of the campaign we discover there is nothing left to do for fun. unless stocks is your thing... I realize there are 2 other endings, but only one feels complete, the other two come off as very rushed, probably to give the illusion of choice.
    Also, the multiplayer which was initially promising, failed at
    Also, the multiplayer which was initially promising, failed at launch. Rockstar then fixed it, then they broke it again by stripping away the fun by making everything expensive, and making the very few missions you can do that aren't races pay like hell. I guess if you like having to worry about money constantly hindering you on top of griefers and a side of boosting, the multiplayer is for you.
  81. Nov 5, 2013
    Single player campaign is annoying and does not include enough heists. I hated having to switch players as the only character I truly cared about was Michael. The multiplayer really sucks. It lacks any proper menus to navigate through game types. You'd shouldn't have to play 10 hours of the same races or missions to unlock better content.
  82. Nov 18, 2013
    After 209 hours of playing this game I've had time to look at the good and the bad. Lets start with the good.

Awesome graphics. So far I've not been stopped in my tracks by more than a couple things that stood out as messed up or odd. Gun work is pretty fun. I've been enjoying the combat quite a bit. It's fast and effective. The cars are awesome. Flight in the game feels really well

The cars are awesome.
    Flight in the game feels really well done for planes, they did it right for the most part. Planes respond well and can do a great many things including some crazy aerobatics if you know what you're doing.
    Helicopters are still a bit jerky making the combat choppers impractical for many situations but they are generally fast and GREAT for rapid escapes.
    A good (if short) story. I've really enjoyed playing through story mode, missions feel fun and crazy meaning. I love how certain characters develop over time even though for other parts it does happen too fast.
    The game definitely has a sense of humor again.
    The city is full of life and feels like it's the sunny summer city it is. It's nice to not have that dark and bland environment with a dark and bland story and a dark and bland populace like Liberty City had.
    Insurance in GTAO. It's so freakin nice to not have to worry about my car exploding and being gone forever. I can always get it back no matter what happens to it.
    There are some seriously fun missions in GTAO. Many are simply kill X and steal Y but they're set up in such a way as to give you near total freedom to do as you please for execution of the mission.
    Lots of easter eggs and references to past games.
    CHEATS! Today not many games come with cheats anymore, even though the selection was notably small compared to past games at least they are there.

Now lets hit the negatives.

The "Bad Sport" system in GTAO. This has got to be the worst implemented punishment system I've seen in a while. It punishes you for destroying people's cars in a game where you are pretty much told to go destroy everything and then throws you into a punishment lobby for days (or weeks) when you blow up other player's cars enough. Worst part is you cannot play with anyone who is not a "bad sport" for however long that time is (1 day, 4 days, 16 days, etc etc etc). This badly breaks bounty hunting and makes it nearly impossible to assist your friends against other players from the air or with anything explosive. It has no place in Freeplay mode when the games insurance system makes it trivial to have your car explode.
    Low detail buildings for long distance are REALLY low detail. If the textures were better for them this wouldn't be all that bad.
    Rockstar seems to be bent on making GTAO a tedious grindfest. They've reduced the payouts on many missions and halved them for repeats (some missions can actually cost more to run than they give), they've cut the replay button from many of them making you call X to get a random mission instead of just letting you replay the ones you like, and EVERYTHING costs an arm and a leg.
    Scuba gear has been cut from GTAO completely as far as I've seen.
    Cops are WAAAY too reactive and effective. You can kill two people ANYWHERE on the map even using suppressed weapons or beating them up and suddenly the police are called and have cruisers withing the minimap range when there were no witnesses. They can ever spawn on top of mountains to find you. Suppressors are nearly worthless because they immediately know exactly where you are. If you escape them they also tend to walk right to you even if they'd have no clue where you went. I've had cops walk single file directly to my hiding place before when I was easily a few hundred feet in the opposite direction of where the last dispatcher report said I was or was going. I've also had them chase me up buildings when they didn't see me go up them several times.
    NPCs will actually call the cops on you for walking in the same direction they are or standing next to them for too long. They will also call the cops on you in places where "Snitches get stitches" would still be a rule.
    The selection of cheats is somewhat small, they're a pain to enter, and all the most fun ones are severely limited. Invincibility only gives 5 minutes of it, spawning helicopters or planes pretty much requires you to be in a big open field, no more sudden planes in traffic.
    No LOCK wanted level cheat. So many things become impossible when the police show up at the drop of a hat.
    No wildlife in GTAO. If you can include peds and cars you should be able to include deer and mountain lions.
    Not enough weapons. I know this is being changed via DLC but still, variety is a great thing.
    Not enough costume type outfits in GTAO. Personally I'd LOVE for such things as a combat uniform and Michael's tactical setup to be added.
    Uniform and notably short max range for all weapons but the snipers, rocket/GL and stun gun.

If they can fix the biggest I'd easily give GTA V a 9-10/10 depending on how well they fixed it.
  83. Nov 20, 2013
    A brilliantly designed map, visually stunning, for the scale of it, but the same problem, for me, as all other GTAs: the world is far too empty. Not enough shops, buy-able properties so on so forth everything with this game is outside. The characters are amazing, in the three protagonists at least, and the story is actually pretty good. A good, solid, fun, exciting, serious storyA brilliantly designed map, visually stunning, for the scale of it, but the same problem, for me, as all other GTAs: the world is far too empty. Not enough shops, buy-able properties so on so forth everything with this game is outside. The characters are amazing, in the three protagonists at least, and the story is actually pretty good. A good, solid, fun, exciting, serious story containing missions bringing out all of these aspects. However, not much has really changed. It's kind of like GTA IV.2, brighter, better looking, but so similar in all other aspects. Expand
  84. Nov 30, 2013
    GTA V had an extremely fun and new campaign. The GTA Online now that its bugs are worked out is fun. The game suffers from players in the online and the lack of overall content. The missions and races are extremely limited in scope.
  85. Dec 6, 2013
    I really liked this game, it's one of the most fun games i have ever played, It always keeps you excited and entertained, but my favorite aspect of it is the accidental humor, the only improvement I could think about is to make the online a little more Noob friendly, because, if you're new to the game, you will be having a very hard time, but overall it is an amazing game.
  86. Sep 30, 2014
    Definitely not the best open world game, or even the best GTA game, but it's certainly worth the price tag. One of the funnest and most well-written games of the last generation.
  87. Dec 18, 2013
    To start with the good the single player campaign is amazingly well written and varied. The characters are great, and you really get connected to them as you play. Online is also often a lot of fun (when it works.)

The bad: To buy all the properties in campaign you need something like 300 times the amount of money you'd accumulate during a normal game if you hadn't spent a dime on anything else.

The worst: Online is completely broken. Rockstar is trying to make an IAP-based online game so they continually reduce payouts for the majority of activities. On top of this, they also refuse to balance out the tank, which every cheater immediately bought, and which is the only weapon (outside of the sniper rifle) to have hitscan shells, on top of being able to literally outrun any RPG or grenade launcher round shot at it even within a range for 30-50 feet!

Even worse: The matchmaking simply doesn't work, you will spend possibly as much time in an evening trying to get into a game and staring at loading screens over and over and over, then you will actually playing the game unless you play for many many hours at a stretch and never leave a lobby once you find one. Forget getting together with your friends entirely.
  88. Jan 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA V Review
    Evan Smith

Millions of gamers around the world lined up outside of stores on September 17th to obtain their brand new copy of Grand Theft Auto five. After years of work, game designers at Rock star Games have put together a masterpiece that as blown away players and fans. The setting takes place mainly in the lively city of Los Santos, San Andreas. Designers molded this metropolis after the well-known city of Los Angeles. Made to be one of the biggest free roaming game landscapes of all time, the land stretches beyond the city into a more desert landscape. Not only is the game space enormous, crisp new graphics bring a new feel to the game. Pinpoint graphic design allows the player to experience the beauty of a true fiery desert sunset right at home. Explosions look exceptionally sharp, and views of the lit up city from a distance bring an ultimately real feel to the gaming experience.
    The story line for GTA 5 follows three separate characters that all have their eye on two things, the rush of crime and the desire for cash. Through out the campaign, the gamer is able to switch to any of these characters at almost anytime. The first character the gamer meets is Franklin, a young man that lives in south Los Santos. This part of the city takes on a more ghetto and crime ridden scene. Franklin works a steady job as a repo man with his bad influence of a friend Lamar. Together they also take on small illegal jobs in order to make some extra cash. Soon enough, Franklin runs into a man named Michel. In the start of the game, Michel is retired from his old job as a professional thief. Living a depressing life in the rich part of the city named Rock Ford hills with his family that constantly bugs him. He spends most days drinking on his back patio by the pool or watching old time movies. When Michel meets Franklin he finds him steeling away his car for a repo job. Understanding of the actions of a thief, Michel takes small time criminal Franklin and shows him the way of a big score job. After their first big cash intake, Michel found his criminal rush again and Franklin learned how to make major coin.
    Michel’s old best friend and partner in crime Trevor believed Michel to be dead after a heist went terribly wrong. His crazy personality brings a lot of humor to the game and makes the story line more exciting. After seeing reports of the big score Michel and Franklin just hit, Trevor can tell it was Michel’s work and goes to Los Santos with revenge in mind. When they first see each other it is awkward at first, but soon enough they fall back into their old partner ship and begin taking on several well thought out heists along with Franklin.
    The game play was redesigned from GTA 4. Taking on heists with the team of three requires the character switch ability. Using this new feature provides a view of the story line from three separate perspectives that keeps players interested with different story lines that slowly intertwine through out the game. This brilliant addition brings a different feel to the game campaign. Instead of taking on jobs solo in the previous game, gamers now are responsible for a team of three. Also, the new weapon switching system provided in the game provides the game play with fast flow and swift gear changes. What used to take forever to find the weapon of choice now takes less than a second.
    My personal favorite new feature added to this game was the ability to suit up cars in any chop shop. With many different choices, customizable options seem to be limitless. Not only can players make cars look sharp but they can also install some of the most powerful engines, top of the line breaks, turbo, and more. Driving in this game is breath taking. With a major change from Liberty City, wheels on cars no longer feel like jelly. Flawless control behind the wheel allows the player to take their driving skill to a new level. During the game players will take on fast street races that could make them a little richer.
    With so much to do in this game from skydiving, to snorkeling, to flying an F16 fighter jet, options are vast. Players can even invest in the stock market to make millions fast. If one is really desperate, they can rob gas stations and liquor stores at the price of being chased by the LSPD. Police in this game compared to the last are extremely ruthless and will search for the player everywhere. Rock Star decided to stick with the star alert system for the police. This simple system has brought an original feeling to each GTA created through out the years. I am glad they decided to keep their traditions that have made the game what it is today.
    The story line evolves perfectly and kept me asking for more constantly. This revolutionary game has set the standards for modern gaming. Its seemingly limitless agenda and vast world can keep the gamer involved for weeks or maybe even months for casual gamers. I Give this game a perfect 10
  89. Jan 25, 2014
    I found this game to be amazing, it had a beautiful environment, amazing characters, great dialogue and was over all a blast to play. You will never get bored of this game because of how much stuff there is to do with it.You have your regular GTA stuff, as in the single player campaign, going on rampages and doing absolutely ridiculous things, and that is not to mention GTA Online, whichI found this game to be amazing, it had a beautiful environment, amazing characters, great dialogue and was over all a blast to play. You will never get bored of this game because of how much stuff there is to do with it.You have your regular GTA stuff, as in the single player campaign, going on rampages and doing absolutely ridiculous things, and that is not to mention GTA Online, which adds so much more to the game. Even though it has all this amazing stuff about it, like every game it has it's flaws, one thing that I didn't personally like was the driving controls and how they felt, but that is yet again personal preference, some people will like it and others won't. Over all I think GTA V has passed GTA IV in many ways and is worth the buy in all cases. With it's amazing game play, great story-line, and perfect dialogue, it deserves a 9/10, maybe even higher once the PC version comes out and we get some mods on it. Expand
  90. Jan 27, 2014
    I personally love Grand Theft Auto 5. Though I have never really seen or played the story mode myself the online is fantastic. You can mess around as much as you want, make your own maps, and just have a fantastic time.
  91. Jan 29, 2014
    Multiplayer is a lot of fun, several missions in the game are tons of fun, especially the heist missions, and the city of Los Santos is great to roam around. However, I wished the story and characters were fleshed out a bit more.
  92. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, this game really appealed to my anarchistic side! There's so much to love about this game, the weapons, the cars, the heists, the characters, the story. It's all fantastic. The game had a very rocky multiplayer launch, but when that eventually settled down that aspect was excellent as well.

I highly recommend this game, it has a penis in it and the occasional obese woman.
  93. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    It's a good game but kinda iffy gta game. As a game itself, it's pretty cool. Lots to do, lots to see, very open world. But at the same time, a lot of that world is empty and leaves you wanting for more. I'm giving it a 9 because even though it could have been better with its story telling I still had a lot of fun playing it and there's so much to do you will feel like you got yourIt's a good game but kinda iffy gta game. As a game itself, it's pretty cool. Lots to do, lots to see, very open world. But at the same time, a lot of that world is empty and leaves you wanting for more. I'm giving it a 9 because even though it could have been better with its story telling I still had a lot of fun playing it and there's so much to do you will feel like you got your money's worth. I'm still waiting for it in PC however, to really take advantage of those great graphics I know are being held back by console systems. Expand
  94. Mar 1, 2014
    Amazing game, I think it was the best game of 2013, but what I liked was a bit of physical and also removed the internet café. But the scenery, vehicles, animals and missions that struck me were great, with good design, and you see that Rockstar Games worked hard to create this smash hit game.
  95. Apr 15, 2014
    YAHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WERK IT **** YOU FABULOUS WHORE. I **** LOVE THIS GAME ITS SO MUCH FUN TO RUN OVER WHORES ALL DAY. It's a fun game. You should play it.
  96. Mar 5, 2014
    screw gta 4 this one is better . and i love it but gta 4 is 99% great i love the gta 5 the characters in gta 5 are great . and a whole new level of awsome .
  97. Oct 3, 2014
    Writing a review on this feels like writing a review on Minecraft. There probably isn't a lot you don't already know about Grand Theft Auto V that hasn't already been bellowed out from the mouths of overbearing game critics who regard this game in particular as the next bold step forward into the future of gaming. Yet this game isn't exactly free from pop-in problems and not very frequentWriting a review on this feels like writing a review on Minecraft. There probably isn't a lot you don't already know about Grand Theft Auto V that hasn't already been bellowed out from the mouths of overbearing game critics who regard this game in particular as the next bold step forward into the future of gaming. Yet this game isn't exactly free from pop-in problems and not very frequent texture bugs. Its not as though these problems aren't going to be fixed when it gets re-released on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox one and PC. Still the same question remains like the one in The Last of Us; why pay another £50 for a re-furbished and slightly bug fixed version of a game you've already got?

Anyway the game. The gameplay fells adequate enough, but the problem is there are so many things your character can do at any one time. Whether it may be driving a car or plane or just generally walking about, there doesn't seem to be enough buttons on the game controller to fit them all and still be practical and useful enough to actually use them. I imagine this will be fixed for everyone who is anticipating this game for the PC. However the rest of us who are waiting for the game on the remaining consoles will still be stuck with the same controls. Not that this can't be fixed by memorising the controls for vehicle and on foot. Next up the characters. There are three characters you can play as and all posses a different ability and personality. Franklin is the first character you start out with but also seems to be the only one who seems to have had all noticeable traits taken away. Until he's a general straight man who will never say no to someone offering a helicopter ride to immediately parachute from. Or accept an invitation from someone to waste a few in-game months of his life to collect murder notes. Next up is Michael who has retired from bank robbing to spend more time with his family and abuse his kid's privileges. For example about quarter of the way through the game he smashes his son's TV for yelling at it a bit too loudly. Michaels key character motivation is that he is unclear if he is comfortable with the sudden bank heists he's somehow pulled into, and yet seems as equally enthusiastic as everyone else when they actually begin the actual heist. I suppose all that pretty jewellery just got to his head. Finally there's Trevor whose game trailer amusingly barely mentioned him because apparently "The less we say about him, the better." Its said that Trevor is a complete uncontrollable psychopath of the three. A general humorous air surrounds this character by making fun of his "feelings" at his expense and to no-one else. A funny acknowledgement to a mentally damaged man in the complex and cruel world he lives in. The game takes it further by having his partners and friends either be terrified of him or hate his guts or even both. The story is an extremely saving grace because it is very well plotted and given away. Although well-done at points, its sometimes kind of predictable. These tend to mostly be on the side quests which are obviously less important and can be more forgivable for this error in story telling. Having said that, despite our characters committing various and very law-breaking crimes along with their several heists, the authorities don't seem to make any differences to their security. They don't advise the public to be weary of certain people who have been terrorising the city or neighbourhood. In fact the one difference is that a news report comes on a day after your heist and is never mentioned again. I'm aware that this was the least of Rockstar's worries during development, but gameplay and story must weave with each other, not handed to the audience then immediately dropped the second the players attention is diverted to something else.

Grand Theft Auto 5 is definitely recommended if you haven't got it yet, but its fair to assume you've got it and love it and that's fine. Overall I am looking forward to its release on the PS4 and Xbox One and so will you.
  98. Mar 5, 2014
    The newest R*games title brings us freedom and a brand new world to be explored. I'll not lie, I was so anxious, I couldn't wait for this game. I thought that it would be the greatest game of all time. I was not disappointed at all. The game is excellent, the story is cool, the graphics are so much well made and the gameplay is one of the bests. But sure it has it problems. And they aren'tThe newest R*games title brings us freedom and a brand new world to be explored. I'll not lie, I was so anxious, I couldn't wait for this game. I thought that it would be the greatest game of all time. I was not disappointed at all. The game is excellent, the story is cool, the graphics are so much well made and the gameplay is one of the bests. But sure it has it problems. And they aren't a bit. So many bugs, glitches, especially in the online mode made me almost stopping playing this game. I'm sure that every game has problems, but GTA 5 has too much. That's is the problem of making a very well constructed game to our current and delayed generation. The requirements are high for a 2005 console. Hope they launch the PC, PS4 and XOne versions to we really see GTA without being shy. Expand
  99. Mar 24, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a beautiful game. I was amazingly hyped for this game since I first saw the logo a few years back, even though I didn't know if it was legit or not. At first, I was a bit skeptic about the idea that we'll be able to play with three different characters. And now I can't see myself playing GTA V with only one character. The voice actors for Michael, Franklin and TrevorGrand Theft Auto V is a beautiful game. I was amazingly hyped for this game since I first saw the logo a few years back, even though I didn't know if it was legit or not. At first, I was a bit skeptic about the idea that we'll be able to play with three different characters. And now I can't see myself playing GTA V with only one character. The voice actors for Michael, Franklin and Trevor are great. Even though the majority of the conversations contains a lot of shouting. I love it. My favourite character is without a doubt, Michael. He reminds me of one of the greatest characters ever written, Tony Soprano. I'm not going to dig into that, you have to experience that by yourself. And if you don't know who Tony Soprano is, well, you should. I can't think of any negative thing to say about the main story/single player. It truly is amazing. The mechanics in the game is extremely satisfying. The way that all three characters act during a gunfight is really good. It feels so alive!

Now on to the online mode. Rockstar did a great job hyping the online mode. Oh, how disappointed I was. I knew that the servers were to crash on the release date, that's not it. But the amount of content that was available was just ridiculous. The promised us heists and jobs with variety. The jobs are pretty much all the same. Go there, kill them, get that, bring it back. And I'm still waiting for the heists. Don't get me wrong, there are still some parts of the online mode that I like. The racing for example is great, and driving up Mt. Chiliad with a car that most likely wouldn't be able to get up there in the first place and then drive off the ledge and watch it fly down and bounce around in the woods is hilarious, every time.

Grand Theft Auto V is a great game. You got to play it. It's worth every penny. I would give it a 10 if it weren't for the lack of content in the online mode.

Buy the game, play it, enjoy it, I bet you will.
  100. May 27, 2014
    I feel there is so much more they could have done with this game. The base of the game is great, but the execution doesn't feel well done.

Pros: Great graphics, for an Xbox 360 Interesting and well written characters Missions are usually different each time and don't get repetitive Heist missions are a good idea Cons: Not enough single player missions (only about 70 missions)

Pros:
    Great graphics, for an Xbox 360
    Interesting and well written characters
    Missions are usually different each time and don't get repetitive
    Heist missions are a good idea

Cons:
    Not enough single player missions (only about 70 missions)
    Side missions are extremely repetitive and have little reward or incentive to do
    Not much to do after beating the game
    Only 3 heist missions, when the trailers for the game said they would be a huge part of the game
    Not much replay value

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.