8.1

1. Oct 5, 2013
    Beautifully designed masterpiece, a quality game that really shows the true workmanship of Rockstar Games. The story is beautifully written and had me immersed at all times, the action was non-stop from the get go and the Online feature just takes the best things out of single player and combines the fun with your friends. Can't wait to see what Rockstar Games does next! Oh and btw, we need a good PC version! Expand
  2. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Concept: Create a very well-rounded Grand Theft Auto sequel, using elements and past experience gained from the production and development of nearly every other Rockstar game and franchise.

Graphics: Breathtakingly beautiful.

Sound: While you'll no doubt hear the radio stations the most in terms of sound bytes, the voice work is pretty good, and the actual musical scores are appropriately placed as well.

Playability: Quite playable, and quite enjoyable in all portions of gameplay. Easy to handle, fluid, and responsive at the same time. A perfect medley of combat and other action maneuvers.

Entertainment: With literally over one hundred hours of time to be spent doing everything from motorcross to tennis, you need to get out there and see the world instead of asking questions about it. There are very few limitations.

Replay Value: Sky-High.

Overall Score: 9.5
  3. Apr 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. The story is full of exciting missions and it also features a very interesting story. There are plenty of fun activities to do as well, such as hunting, racing, and plenty more. However, I do have a few complaints. First, the car customization is decen, but it pales in comparison to games like Forza, Midnight Club, and Saints Row. Secondly, there are only a handful of street races. Other than those few complaints, I think the game is perfect. Expand
  4. Nov 14, 2013
    Virtual reality with a control pad! Single player's a great story. GTA Online's an amazing place to lose yourself in, even better with friends! The ultimate evolution of living world sandbox games.
  5. Nov 7, 2013
    One of the best games ever, only rival to skyrim and last of us, on this gen, please explain why the low scores, i think this is the best in the gta series with all you need about mafia, cars and action, a true masterpiece by legendary rockstar studio
  6. Jan 3, 2014
    Masterpiece. Only word to describe the game.

The graphics are beautiful, gameplay is completly playable, characters have emotions, a character, a behaviour. This giant open world map makes the game even more better. Wide selection of vehicles, weapons, races... The game has one problem. The Online has connection issues. But, regardless, game of the year.
  7. Dec 31, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V pushes the boundaries of what a game can do, especially on such dated hardware. The game is beautiful, the map is huge, and the world is fun to traverse. Tons of different activities ensure many hours of playtime, and none of these activities ever fail to be boring.
  8. Jan 4, 2014
    Anyone who bought the game for GTA: O should reflect upon their lives.

The plot is full of tropes but the performances given by the entire cast are rock solid. GTA V is encrusted with crude dialogue and ultra violent scenarios. Everyone knows what the GTA formula consists of. This time around, it's Los Santos which steals the show. The attention to detailed is unparallelled. GTA V has
    rendered every other open world game, including it's own installments, obsolete. It is peerless. Expand
  9. Feb 18, 2014
    I always really disliked the GTA franchise, however, I gave GTA V a shot and I have not regretted it. With a very well executed storyline, gameplay (offline and online), and so much more, GTA V is without a doubt a pure masterpiece of a video game
  10. Sep 20, 2013
    Well now that I have at least played 15 hours I have to say that this game does not disappoint. It is the biggest well though out open world game I have ever played. It truly deserves the praise it is getting and more to come when Online finally releases.
  11. Sep 26, 2013
    It's a good game, but the 97% critic score is just wrong the numbers are being biased by lots of publications that only give reviews on the famous releases Some have only posted reviews on Halo games and Red dead redemption. Certainly their opinions have no respect nor value within the gaming community.
    Still the games pretty damn fine, though the characters and plot are weaker than
    the old Vice City. Expand
  12. Jan 18, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a behemoth to worship. It's story, it's characters, it's pure originality makes one of the best videogames ever made. Sure there was a huge mess up with GTA Online, but Rockstar was not prepared for the obvious appreciation of the game. I do agree the game should have been focused on a little longer, but at the same time i'm glad I have it in my hands and can play it with my friends. It will be played for years to come just like GTA IV and I can't wait. 9/10 Excellent. Expand
  13. Mar 28, 2014
    The most influencial gameplay that i've ever played! With three-time anti hero, Los Santos had never been better, with the Gangsters, Bank Robber, and the psychopath guy which was three-time awesome. The system was really awesome with the core mechanic and 10 times kicking than Grand Theft Auto IV!
  14. Oct 13, 2013
    The single player campaign is nothing less than superb. That part alone should get 10 out of 10. However the online portion has several large problems with it; 1) The release of online was delayed 2) When it did become active it was over swamped with users 3) When users go online, it crapped out and sometime lost their progress 4) When it did work, there is a lot of random fighting whether you want it or not. (suggestion 3 settings; passive, friendly, aggressive)
    5) Leveling and money are a joke. People have already found many ways to fake level up, cars, users, money. They really needed to and still need to stop the abuse of the system. I have many suggestions for that.

Even with all those issues, at the end of the day it is still fun
  15. Nov 2, 2013
    A just about perfect game in almost every way; great, engaging story, funny and likable characters, and the most importantly a world rich with detail that you can basically destroy and get into an endless battle with the police. It is all around great and not much more needs to be said about the game. If I had only one gripe with the game and it is not about the single player; it is that the multiplayer has a lot of improvement that needs to be made, such as faster times getting into a game and a more rewarding mission payout. Other than that, I see GTA Online going far and that GTA V is certainly a contender for me as Game of The Year. Expand
  16. Oct 12, 2013
    this game is awesome. i always wait for the next gta game eagerly but this one takes the cake. best ever. it took some of the best elements of vice city and san andreas to make one uber awesome game. be warned the story is a little bit shorter than prior gta titles (cuz people actually complained gta 4 was too long but the story is the best yet. pulling heists, owning property, its all there.

only bad things i can say are the cops and random npc are very aggressive. you can get a wanted level by standing real close to someone to long and the cops are very heavy handed this time around. but its a little better now that you can hide from cops in dark alley ways to lose your wanted level. if it wasnt for these issues it would be a 10/10.

the online portion is just as good as well, much better than gta 4 was.

GREAT GAME OVERALL.
  17. Oct 19, 2013
    Easily the best game of all-time. But I am confused.... why would it be "COD fan-boys" giving the game a zero bringing down the metacritic average? I LOVED Modern Warfare 2 and 3 (cannot stand black ops games as they are not remotely the same in feel or gameplay)... not because I am a fanboy, but rather that they are perfect games, unlike BF3, whereby you have fun and cannot hide in the pause menu or in the corner of the map for five hours, like BF3, with its 720p graphics, appalling sound, and community of knobs and noobs.... The only concession I must make, and it's a BIGGIE, is that MW2 and 3 are now overrun by hackers, which Infinity Ward and Activision are not removing, making their product defunct and unplayable.... because I paid for both games and elite, I truly believe a class action law suit should be initiated by consumers to bring them to their knees and bankrupt them, to send a message to all game makers not to disrespect their consumers and the reason for their entire existence.

By "fanboys" I think you mean astute gamers who know what they like. I am one of them... and I loved this game (GTA V)...

To suggest that lovers of COD would want to troll GTA V seems weird to me... what is the motivation? BF3 and other fanboy trolls will again ruin the MW: Ghosts score and it will be about 70 when should be 90, so it is not as if they are hoping to have the Ghosts score be higher as it simply never will be, and this game will just naturally be better because, as I said, it is the greatest game of all-time... objectively and subjectively observed & decided-upon...

This game is a 10/10. But then, like me, if you lost a character in the online portion, and I did, that will create some anger which will take a while to subside. Those guys had harsh luck and understandable pain with GTA V... none of this has anything to do with COD.... or being gay.. "butt hurts"?? Gee, I wish ten year old homophobic, catch-phrase-obsessed Americans would leave this space free for intelligent reviews and opinions. Just die already, seriously...

GTA V is the best PS3 and current-gen game of all-time. Easily. This COD fan boy thinks so anyway...... and if others don't, I fail to see why their COD-love (only newbies on COD or unco relentless runners or run/diers as they are known hate COD games) is relevant to any hate of GTA V.
    GTA V is not even an fps. Like, for f***'s sake....

Fanboyism without purpose or logic, is both tragic, but also largely non-existent and the figment of other fan-boy's imaginations. Sad but true. The negative nancys are not COD fanboys, but rather just bitter, sexually-frustrated, immature idiots with too much time and too little sense.... they hate because they chose to love the wrong game, or because they have not being able to get hold of this game and choose to hate so they are not missing out. It is all embarrassingly Freudian..... but since few gamers are older like me.... most are too young, dumb and full of cum, to even be aware of them humiliating themselves in spurts of ignored irrelevance.

And that be the truth, Ruth.
  18. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the best games of this generation the game is just so so sexy fresh.. It was a breath taking experience a very immersiveexperience in the city of Los santos if you don't buy this game...your missing out. Can't believe there is negative votes here 100% fan boys of other games..
  19. Nov 17, 2013
    The greatest game of 2013. After Rockstar fixed all the bugs for Online, the game just got better (if that's even imaginable). If you enjoyed past GTAs such as San Andreas and IV, you will cry at the sight of GTA V.
  20. Oct 11, 2013
    GTA games have never been my favorite games, but there is no denying the quality of them, especially this installment. There are so many things to do in this game, the graphics are amazing and the map is huge. Truly is a masterpiece of a game.
  21. Oct 20, 2013
    I love this game so much i get a fast car and take Franklin's dog out for a ride during the nighttime because the night/day cycle is very realistic and looks amazing the characters are great there are now a wide variety of weapons to choose from that you can attach mods on it such as a Grip, Suppressor, Extended mag etc... there are now heists witch are not really new because previous GTA installments have had Heists but these ones are so good and cinematic but a couple are just boring and cars are able to be customized even more. The land of San Andreas is more bigger adding more Forests and a bigger desert than GTA: SA and with online you will never get bored of this game! And i can't wait for the next gen GTA to come out i bet it will be big as hell! Expand
  22. Oct 4, 2013
    This game is a ten, 9 alone with just single player. The story is just as good as in GTA 4 (However the characters you play aren't as likable as Niko) It's a masterpiece. Fun gameplay, huge open world, and lots of activities and side missions to keep you busy for hours on end. I am one of the few, who actually like the characters. Well, Franklin and Micheal a bit. They seem to be struggling with some want to get away from crime, but they just can't. Trevor however, well...he's funny so yeah Buy the game, it's worth the money if only for single player, and the online is extremely fun, although at the time, it is buggy as hell. Expand
  23. Ed_
    Oct 30, 2013
    The game is fantastic!

RockstarGames believed that multiple characters will give the game a new feeling; for me, first, this feeling was shallow and disturbing: I couldn't get to know the characters good enough, get close to them or understand their feelings, it was too fast for 3 characters. However after the second gameplay I realized how enjoyable the game was with the two main
    characters (Michael and Trevor).
    You have to play mainly one character, it helped me a lot to understand their inner problems and feelings:
    1. Michael who only want to be with his family and live his peaceful life with a job.
    2. Trevor who is always used by people and because of that he behaves insane. Yeah, I did empathize with Trevor! LOL
    3. Franklin who wants to break out of his every day life and instead of being a small gangster or car robber
    I did empathize with Trevor! LOL

Michael's character is the best, he has a background story; we can sympathize with him, with his decisions; he has sth to fight for (family) and his family members are funny, give the game some kind of continuity. We can feel they are struggling with a father, and the father who struggles with his life, family and past. His character and family are a great mix of happiness, depression, fun, coping and feelings.

Trevor is the anti-society person because he was cheated and outlooked too many times in the past. He couldn't follow the rules and restrictions of this 'fabricated world', so he decides to live in the desert without feelings. He doesn't want anybody to get close to him because by those who he had a relation with would only cause him sadness, disappointment and frustration. He is a very dividing personality but I saw the good side of him.

The game is 10/10. Driving mechanics, graphics and smooth gameplay are all adding to the game's experience, but I would still be happier with only one character.
  24. Oct 13, 2013
    this game deserves to be the best game of the year. even small details in this game is very amazing! there is negative things to say in this game. started playing gta since the vice city and no doubt rockstar really used alots of money indeed
  25. Oct 15, 2013
    Simply GTA V is the BEST game of this generation single player is phenomenal it is worth every cent and trust me i don't say that lightly personally i don't care care much about GTA Online i got more than enough amazing things to do in sp. :)

26. Oct 12, 2013
    this game was amazing,i was afraid that the story missions were gonna be boring but it really great,i have to admit it took alot of time to do the (fun) stuff but overall it was 30+ hours of complete crazy,fun,and beatiful graphics and gta online too
  27. Oct 3, 2013
    Believe the hype. I've had more fun with this game than any other game in a long time. There are so many endearing features, I can't list them all. I can simply tell you to just go out and buy this game.
  28. Oct 15, 2013
    just f****ng amazing
    a masterpiece
    very funny game
    i done all missions of the game
    simply the best as all the rocksrar games
    it's very coll, cop's scape, assaults, races, and more
  29. Nov 10, 2013
    A good game. Not,not just a great game. A LEGENDARY game. There are some flaws in the game,but not every game is perfect and besides,the flaws are so small you can't tell the difference. A must own.

What are you waiting for? Go to your nearest gamestop and buy this thing,and play it with every ounce of your soul.
  30. Sep 19, 2013
    GTA V and Mass Effect 2 are in my opinion the best games of the generation. Well done Rockstar, it was def worth the wait. Everything is perfect in this game.
  31. Sep 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where to start.

This game is visually stunning, almost the beauty of a Need For Speed game, with the ridiculously meticulous details of a GTA game. The character switching is great, the shooting is vastly improved from the previous GTA (although still not perfect, but i'm not complaining).

The driving is a hell of a lot better than previous versions, you now have the ability to take a sharp corner quickly without careering into hoards of people, trees, lamp posts....you get the idea.

The characters are interesting, and very noticeably different in mannerisms, actions and most surprisingly walks. It is these little details all over GTAV that make this game such a pleasure to play.

Overall: Amazing, and for every person that says this game will be forgotten in 4 months, I doubt it!

(Just a note as well, there are a couple of people commenting about the deliberate slow progression of Rockstar with the GTA series to sell more copies, there may be that to a certain extent, but think about when GTAIV came out, after 9/11, based on New York, do you think flying planes would have been seen as a good idea? Think about it people!)
  32. Sep 20, 2013
    Rude, crude, vulgar and loads of fun! The world of Los Santos is rich in detail and character. Driving has been significantly improved. When I played GTA 4 the driving was so clunky I would often take a cab. Not anymore! I drive to all the missions and experience the sights and sounds of Los Santos. Another great feature is the water which now features waves and rapids. The story is solid and the heists are very enjoyable. I was expecting this game to be overrated. I can honestly say this game, unlike many others, deserves the hype. Expand
  33. Sep 22, 2013
    Greatest game ever. As a cursed PC gamer I really looked at the graphics; I can conclude that I was not disappointed. Unfortunately, there was texture popping. I played through the entire game, finished it today, the story was just great.
  34. Mar 13, 2014
    In GTA4 Rockstar created a living city, with 5 they've created a living, breathing, pulsating world led by three contrasting main characters whose very personalities and story arcs allow the player to vary their style from sensible story following to rampant carnage without ruining the intended experience of the overall storyline. With all the hype this needed to be Rockstars crowning achievement to date, and the Pixar of video game studios does not disappoint. Expand
  35. Sep 26, 2013
    I was really into GTA IV and that's what made me buy GTA V. I have heard excellent reviews about this game, but I was a bit disappointed with the graphics. For a game with this budget I thought that my world would have been shattered and that didn't really happen. I don't like the new physics on the cars: breaking at 200mph should do something else than a smooth stop. Still, I liked it and would recommend it to friends. Expand
  36. Nov 14, 2013
    The regular single player is amazing its a nine out of ten but the online mode is Brilliant and makes a perfect game if you don't have it go to the closest store and if you don't you will be so pissed when you see your friends with it
  37. Oct 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To make a review of a game this big.. Well, let's give it a try! This game cost a lot of money to make, but also became the fastest selling piece of media ever!

Before I start though, I want to make some things clear. I will NOT cover GTA Online in this review. And why did I put this review as a spoiler? Mainly because I'm also going to talk about the missions and characters themselves. So enough chatter, let's start the review!

The game starts with the usage of a mission, which is a great thing because it tests your skills while at the same time teaching you new mechanics the others GTA's didn't have yet. Later on, you are getting introduced to the protagonists one by one. Every protagonists have their negative points, but their positive points take over easily and they are all likeable. Franklin can be seen as a west coast character who has been helping out friends in a great way, while Micheal is a retired bank robber but due to some... Stupid but hilarious actions he was basically forced to get back into the thug life. And then there's Trevor... And he is absolutely hilarious. He's an extreme sadist who mostly cares about himself, but that is what makes him so great. What makes the story so good, is the usage of three characters and eventually make them get closer to each other. Michael and Trevor did know each other, but Franklin unfortunately didn't. But it was so good to see how he got along throughout the game just fine. The missions themselves are a nice addition, but the star of this section are the heists. For people who are unaware with this definition, it's basically a robbery on extreme levels. And they are worked out really great and also allow you to choose different options to complete the missions in a different way. The final mission, which I do not want to spoil, is an awesome satisfaction, depending on the choice you are getting. But the missions aren't the only thing story related. There is a new series of sidequests called ''Strangers and Freaks'' and my favourite of all, the Rampages for Trevor. They are downright hilarious. The easiest way to explain them is that there are people who piss Trevor off in any way, and he goes on a total rampage. There are also random events, which show up every now on then (depending on the time and place you are), Hobbies and pastimes which are Races and Sports such as tennis, and let's not forget about the collectibles. All of those are needed for 100% completion of the game. Now to get on with the gameplay. The gameplay didn't change too much except for a great replacement for crouching, the cover system. Easy to use for hiding behind something like a wall or container, and then totally destroy your opponent. The cars physics are less slippery than the physics of GTA IV, which I really hated. We even gained access to new vehicles like a submarine. The radio, which has been a gimmick ever since the beginning of the GTA franchise, still stands out with great music we still hear on the radio and can't get enough of. It's also nice to hear news on the radio of things you have done in this crazy world. It's also easy to switch between characters, and the place they are in can be different each time. For example, Michael can be at his house, while Trevor is throwing someone off a bridge. The graphics are absolutely beautiful for a seventh-generation console. And did I mention how huge the world is? Unfortunately, it looks nothing like the original San Andreas but that's not a complaint for me. Also, the game has some references to older games, Grove Street being a good example.

I don't think that I have covered everything within this game, but it's about time I come to a final verdict. Grand Theft Auto V has gained a lot of popularity and it's not hard to see why. This game stands out from most games of the current generation, and also got the milestone of fastest selling video game. It is pretty unusual for me to give games the grade of perfection, but this game absolutely deserves it.
  38. Oct 3, 2013
    I have never played the previous GTA games but I have heard so many things about it. This game has to one of the best games I have played this year!!! My only problem I have with this game are some of the character models (especially the ladies) Their hair is like it's glued to the head or something.
  39. Oct 3, 2013
    This game is one of the best games i've ever played. The gameplay is absolutly fantastic, and this comes from someone who's not a big fan of the gameplay of other Rockstar titles. The graphics are stunning! M
    I have never seen so good graphics and performance on my Xbox before. The voiceacting is top notch, the characters are extremly funny and realistic and the story is great! The only
    flaw i've encountered in this game is that it is a little unforgiving sometimes when it comes to failing missions, for example one time in the story you were supposed to hijack a military truck. In the top left corner of the screen it says "the hardware must be destroyed". Most people would grab an explosive weapon about now and try destroying the truck, because the game says so. But when you do that, you fail the mission and the screen reads "the mlitary truck was destroyed". Another annoying thing is the lack of times where you are unable to switch characters inside a mission. The game is also pretty hard, so if you're not a very experienced gamer, expect to fail a few times.

But theese flaws are all just minor flaws, overall the game is amazingly good, and thats why im giving it the highest rating possible. I would have given it an even higher score if i could! A must buy!
  40. Oct 3, 2013
    Ok, so I have been waiting 9 years to go back to Los Santos and when I heard this game was coming out I knew it was going to be incredible. From the first trailer that gave me goosebumps till now, it has been a great time. My thoughts on the game though, it is great. It seems Rockstar put everything into this game and yes, while the story isn't as deep as Read Dead or GTA IV, it is very funny thanks to the dialogue. All the characters feel unique and I have one critique about the story that bugged me in my 30 hour play through. Michael and Trevor randomly get into arguments only to be friends again and go back into another argument. It ruined a lot of consistency problems and kinda bugged me. But, the rest of the game is a shining jewel. There is so much to do, from pimping your ride to hunting and even golf. The mini activities feel natural and fluid, it dosen't feel tacked on at all. Best thing though is the driving, it feels vastly improved over any GTA. All vehicles feel very different from one another and each vehicle has an advantage on different terrain. Cops are way more brutal in this game than any GTA, people do complain about no military coming after you, but you really do not need them because the cops will destroy you head on. It feels realistic and you can also hide in alleys or out of their line of sight. The graphics are stunning, from the bright sandy Vespucci Beach to the heights of Mt. Chiliad it looks almost next gen. Another cool feature is the way money plays, you can buy tattoos, haircuts, and properties with the money you got(illegally). It has way more things to purchase than
    GTA IV. The most hyped feature of GTA V was GTA Online. It was understandable why it took me four hours to get on, I hate it when people get angry at Rockstar because it would not work day one for many people. I guess I was lucky and there is a lot of things to do. The most satisfying thing to do is getting a bunch of friends on your "world" drive around and do whatever you want. One minute I was robbing a store, the next I was picked by a friend in a helicopter to escape the cops. There is also your traditional deathmatch, races, and brand new jobs. But, the shining star is free roam. Feel like robbing a gas station, well now you can yell at the cashier to go faster and he will respond. The heist are not available at this time, so I cannot review them. You can customize your character in a rather new way with the hereditary trait system that really feels unique. You can also buy cars and apartments and they cost a lot of money so you better save. I will say this though, out of all the crappy games we got out of this console generation, Rockstar sends the Xbox 360 and PS3 off with a bang. If you want to unleash your inner psychopath or just play it for pure fun, GTA V is the game where anything in the criminal world is possible. It can be compared to Ocarina of Time as one of the greatest games ever released. 10/10
  41. Oct 3, 2013
    So much to love about it, plenty of little features that make this game awe-worthy. The graphics are fantastic, though a little bit of anti-aliasing wouldn't have been nice, it is quite understandable why this wasn't something that will have easily been done. The story is solid and I really enjoyed being able to switch between the 3 characters on demand. My only wish is that Las Venturas was one of the areas, would have loved to do some casino heists All in all, although this game isn't perfect, it's pretty damn close and I will most certainly be playing it plenty more in the near future and especially when GTA Online is fixed. Expand
  42. Oct 3, 2013
    If instead of the ten commandments, god gave our people a game it would be GTA V, this game is incredible, and to all who say otherwise, I might usually call it a difference of opinion, but with GTA V, you're just wrong. (yes i am quoting Nerd Cubed)
  43. Oct 4, 2013
    Jealous people who give lowest score just stop gaming, because you don't know it. 10/10 and one of the best games ever made. After what I experienced playing GTA V I have never expected it to be this awesome and I am a hardcore fan of games and especially Grand Theft Auto series. Rockstar just blow my mind for a 50th time.
  44. Oct 4, 2013
    Exelente, mejoraron en casi todos los aspectos, excepto en 3; no me gusta el manejo de las motos, preferia la de GTA IV, otro aspecto que no mejoraron, cuando lanzas una granada desde un auto, sale disparada como si el jugador tuviese la fuerza de hulk, sin mencionar que las explociones de GTA IV eran mucho mas reales que las de GTA V, y el ultimo pero a mi parecer uno de los peores aspectos, cuando se tumba un coche, en GTA IV era muy real, simplemente te bajabas y buscabas otro, pero aqui en GTA V, solo moviendo las ruedas delanteras, el auto se empieza a balancear, hasta lograr su reencarrilamiento,
    La verdad de este juego me esperaba mas realismo, algo que indudablemente, Rockstar no pudo lograr
  45. Oct 5, 2013
    Simply put this is the best GTA by far. So many options games and activities. Rockstar adding the social club compatibility is super as well. Sure it's violent but this is only a video game. People who don't expect violence from this franchise are clearly looking in the wrong place. The addition of checkpoints in missions is especially welcome. I purchased a second TV so I can play the game and do other things as well! Expand
  46. Oct 6, 2013
    Best GTA ever.
    World is awesome, not empty filled with missions random events and sometimes funny moments
    Story is so good and funny characters are so deep voice acting is incredible and probably best open world sandbox ever made
  47. Oct 7, 2013
    Gobsmacked by the number of 0 point reviews on here, so obvious that many of these people aren't interested in reviewing the game objectively, and instead have an alternative agenda in mind. GTA 5 is an extraordinary achievement. It is huge, beautiful to look at, the driving is fantastic, characters brilliant, dialogue funny and smart. I will be playing this one for months to come!
  48. Oct 8, 2013
    Whilst not perfect, Rockstar's GTA V makes up for its shortcomings with a highly detailed and immersive world for players to explore, and a great addition with the inclusion of GTA Online (Although GTA Online has had quite a shaky start). The story is generally well written but not without its flaws. However, this is definitely a game you should pick up if given the chance.
  49. Oct 8, 2013
    I was looking forward to this game from the moment they announced it! I can honestly say its one of the best if not the best game I've ever played. Well worth the dollar, cannot wait to see it run on PC as it definitely struggles at times on console, graphical rendering and fps performance are sometimes really choppy.

All in all, it's a sick game and everyone should play it.
  50. Oct 17, 2013
    i may not own this game...yet. but i have seen reviews and a let's play and it looks very good.if you love sandbox games or this is your first time i'd definitely go out there and get this game.
  51. Oct 10, 2013
    One of the truly great games of this generation. Endlessly repayable and fun throughout. Great characters, the best GTA story so far, and without a doubt the best car handling and shooting mechanics in a GTA game yet. While there have been problems with pop-in, it can be forgiven because of the size and scope of a game like this being squeezed onto 8 year old consoles. A must play for any true gamer. Expand
  52. Feb 11, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V successfully takes us back into the new viewpoints of San Andreas,meanwhile digging deeper into its concepts and determination of the darker side of the American Dream. It may not capture the dark manners that the stories of Niko Bellic and John Marston pushed, but it also blown our minds by expanding a cool non-linear narrative structure for its three leads (Trevor is honestly the greatest, but also, the most violent of them all) and combining them with amazing mechanics, totally superb activities, improved driving and gunplay (go play Midnight Club or Red Dead Redemption), and
    the mind-blowing sights of a sun-soaked metropolis struggling to survive by being occupied by TV and pleasure, but messed by wiseguys and self-help gurus. If the sequel is about the darker side of the American Dream, then GTA V explains it more by explaining the cruel reality of the American Dream by further explaining that it does make cruel fun of what is most important: sex, violence, drugs, mayhem, corruption, misogyny, torture, psychopathic, and the pursuit of the mighty American dollar bill. By all of that, Grand Theft Auto V is still everything we all want to expect: beautiful, brutal, sexy, high, disturbing,
    and somehow highly expanded, partially due to activities, improvements, and the wealth of fortune.
  53. Oct 12, 2013
    Note: I put this review in the wrong spot, I played this game for ps3, But I don't think there is any difference in the game between platforms,
    REVIEW: The single player version of this game is the best I have ever played, nothing comes close to the amount of fun I have playing this game. The online game still has some hiccups but the single player makes up for it, Id give this game 20
    out of 10 if I could Expand
  54. Oct 12, 2013
    There are only 2 kinds of people that dislike GTA V: Those who have too much pride in themselves to give any game a good score, and those kids who doesnt' own the game but read the former's opinions. Let me tell you something guys, as an average gamer, i rercommend that YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME,IGNORE THE HATERS, IT'S A MASTERPIECE. From the vast areas of mountains and plains to the huge and busy city of Los Santos, there is always a bunch load of details, and the innovating story line is an instant classic. As long as you appreciate what GTA V brings you, you will never get bored in this nicely done sequel of GTA IV, by the hands of our talented developers from Rockstar. Seriously guys, BUY IT, PLAY IT, LOVE IT! Expand
  55. Oct 12, 2013
    Campaign A decent cake with a bunch of sprinkles etc. After a while the story (cake) starts to "taste" boring and you no longer want more until those fun or silly (sprinkles, etc.) missions and moments come along, only to be devoured quickly by a hungry player.
    Mulitplayer At first, it is enjoyable for about a few hours, then it gets extremely dull and repetitive. Fortunately, or
    unfortunately, a couple of features have not been released yet, so I don't know if the multiplayer will be that T-shirt you wore for five minutes, then afterwards was discarded.
    The only way mulitplayer can be fun around this time is for you and some mates, friends or whatever to muck about like pigs in the mud.
  56. Oct 12, 2013
    great great....this game is awesome..i played on on my xbox 360..its so much fun character switcing is so good .....grand theft auto5 is best and great grand theft auto game yet.............
  57. Oct 12, 2013
    Best game of 2013! love the 3 main characters a lot and the online is a great bonus! picked this game up on launch and it was well worth it! can't wait to see what else Rockstar has in store!
  58. Oct 13, 2013
    All i can say is wow this game has certainly lived up to the hype that was displayed by rockstar. It took me 2-3 days to complete the game and every single bit of it was marvellous i have yet to be encounter a dull moment in this beautiful interpretation of California Every little bit to the foam from the sparkling luscious water to the Great wide open spaces of Mount chilliad (gta 5's biggest mountain) this game is just stunning the only 2 things that are stopping me from giving this game a 10 is the lack of anti aliasing every once and a while you will notice the absence of it, but i am sure will be taken care if it gets out on pc the second the thing is the online Do not get me wrong the online is utterly awesome it is just abit buggy at the moment which i am sure rockstar will take care of in future updates/patches it is an expanding world which much to do just not living to expectations at the moment But over all The best free roam game i have ever played and it certainly a contender for the best game i have ever played Expand
  59. Oct 13, 2013
    the game has awesome new features, cars, planes and the online part. The game is so cool it has made 4 million on the 1st day. you can do anything in the game. I hate just 1 part which is the cops and the ending.
  60. Oct 13, 2013
    I really enjoy playing Grand Theft Auto 5. For those people checking the reviews for this game before you buy it I suggest stop wasting time and go get it! This game is probably the best game of the century and I mean it. There is so much in the game that it is hard to explain it all. I give this game a 9 out of 10 because it still need those little things that can make it so much better but they’re nothing too big that you really notice unless you really look. The multiplayer mode is way better than Grand Theft Auto 4 only because now you can buy your own house and garage and customize all guns and cars when you have the money of course. One thing that I dislike about the game is the unrealistic car accidents that can happen. For an example if you were to hit a light post that your car would die and you need the cops and a towing truck and to deal with all that mess and that this leads that the game is not very realistic. One thing I love about it is the different areas like the city, busy as always, or the woods, nice and calm, and then the ocean where you can go out and dive. Expand
  61. Oct 13, 2013
    A truly great game. Rockstar has yet again created a world that feels real and continues to amaze me even after hours of time spent in it. The story is brilliant. Focusing around three main characters. Michael is a ex bank robber who has retired and now lives a life he hates in Los Santos. Trevor is a drug dealing psycho who is as unpredictable as he is dangerous and last of all theirs Franklin who has grown up in Los Santos and is trying to escape his gang life. These three people unite for reasons best experienced yourself. The story is told extremely well and all three characters are likeable. The game is packed with things to do from completing the story,meeting with strangers and freaks to races and skydiving. The gameplay is great. Driving is extremely fun with great radio to enjoy whilst doing it and fighting is fun and easy but can be made harder. Overall i feel that Rockstar has made another truly terrific entry into the Grand Theft Auto series as well as into all the gaming world. The game is well deserving of ten out of ten and is also one of the best games i have played in years Expand
  62. Oct 14, 2013
    this game is a masterpiece, i give it a 10 out of 10. The dialogue and gameplay really set this game apart from other open world games. Its graphics may not be the best but for a map this size, they are definitely easy on the eyes and high above average. The characters arent amazing but are nice and well thought out. The story is relatively strong and the freedom is off the charts in this game. So many new features have been added to this game and is a huge improvement to the GTA series. Overall there are few flaws in the game such as the shooting mechanics and creating your character for gta online (which is a mess) but it is far from enough to hold back this masterpiece from its fame. Expand
  63. Oct 17, 2013
    Grand theft auto 5 is an outstanding game there's so much to donuts amazing best xbox 360 and it's just great you must own it now I recommend you to go and buy this game.
  64. Oct 16, 2013
    I really love this game. It has an good story line and I really like the 3 character idea. Online also adds a great aspect into your game. When you finished campaign you just go head first into online mode and you have something to do for the next few years. The car tuning system works great and the idea of insuring your car is very handy. When you're playing online and you are level 10 you'll unlock bounty's which add another great aspect to the online gameplay. You can just become a bounty hunter and earn your money that way. And last but not least the weather is great, Especially the way rain influences your grip. Only negative point Steering is a bit weird. Expand
  65. Oct 20, 2013
    this is pretty much the best game I've ever played in my entire life, gta v can be better than any game in the series or any game ever released,definetely the best game on this generation.
  66. Oct 16, 2013
    This game is amazing and it is so much fun. I love the characters and how realistic it all is. My one complaint is that it is almost impossible to land a plane and it is really frustrating.
  67. Oct 18, 2013
    Let's just get one thing straight. Is this the best gta and open world game ever. Yes. But It dos not deserve a 10/10. And here's why. It's extremely biased and sexist. And of course graphics are terrible sometimes. But since it's on console, I can forgive it. And of course minor glitches and bugs especially with the physics engine. But overall. It's a great game worthy of hours of your time.
  68. Oct 18, 2013
    PROS:
    story
    graphics
    weapons
    controls
    huge world
    heists
    CONS:
    molotov are rare
    it takes too long to escape cops
    unrealistic vehicle damage

much more pros i dont have the patience to type
  69. Oct 18, 2013
    an amazing sandbox
    but its has a lot of recycle elements of rockstar games
    its too realistic but who cares?
    its better than grand theft auto iv but its not as good
    as san andreas or vice city
    rockstar rules!!!
  70. Oct 18, 2013
    To give this game an 8 or below is just stupid. This game is one of the funnest GTA's I have ever played. It has the best gameplay, best story, and the best graphics by a long shot. It looks like GTA IV on mega steroids. Now the online is fixed. To give this game a zero over online is mentally retarded. The story is much better than the online too. Overall this is a 10.
  71. Oct 19, 2013
    Fantastic storyline and really fun gameplay. I get bored easily with most driving-based games, but this one had me hooked right away. The learning curve is not steep at all for those of us who are less than stella with gaming, and I found the world, the music, and the characters a tremendously good time, and very well written. Consistent fun with minimal frustration... Until you go online
  72. Oct 19, 2013
    I honestly think calling it the 'final party' of this generation isn't true, this game is the project X of this generation. From the very start to the satisfaction of getting that 100% achievement this game keeps on giving even after that 100%, the plot was excellent, graphics astonishing and, most importantly the gameplay was outstanding.
    So where should I start, well the huge scale of
    the map would be a good place to start, as soon as you check the map most of the area is undiscovered and is covered in a blur, in a very Far Cry 3 style.
    We then move on to the main part of the game, the missions, right from the beginning the way that the characters interact with each other is astounding, but one of the most different things in comparison to the the other Grand Theft Autos are the cut scenes, right from the beginning I genuinely looked forward to see the next conversation between Michael and Trevor, or anyone else for that matter.
    So if I haven't convinced you to buy this game or at least try it, I don't know what will.
    Thanks for reading- Rexian
  73. Oct 19, 2013
    This game has unbelievable graphics and is honestly the best gta game of all time in terms of graphics, plot and replay value. The voice acting is incredible and the characters are actually believable
  74. Oct 20, 2013
    Every thing about this game is great, everything is possible and makes there no point in buying any other games for the next decade. Nothing is perfect, and, in truth it deserves a 9.7
  75. Oct 20, 2013
    If I could recommend you a true generation defining game I would tell you about GTAV. This game often brings me the nostalgia of San Andreas. The 3 main characters bring innovation to a series which is going anything from gone 10/10 Masterpiece
  76. Oct 22, 2013
    I admit it, i've been on the Hype-train long before the release of GTA V. When i finally got the game, a few weeks ago and popped it in, i was amazed at how smooth such a good looking, huge game runs on my old 360. I actually went into the game thinking "i don't really care about the story, i'm just gonna go exploring all the time" but i found the story did such a great job of immersing me into the world, i couldn't stop myself from doing one mission after another. Of course i got some exploring done at first but after a few hours i've seen what there is to see, playing alone that is anwyay. Gameplay and story -wise GTA V is probably one of the best games ever made, even though (to me) it doesn't have the same lasting appeal as San Andreas or even Vice City had back in the day. There is just too much in the game that has been done already. The driving, shooting and the fighting mechanics are okay but not as good as for example Sleeping Dogs. The exploration is fun but nowhere near as impressive and great as Just Cause 2. All in all i find the game to have delievered on the expectations but it didn't surpass them by as much as. say, San Andreas did (for me that is anyways). I know tho that you can't really compare the two as there are almost ten years between them and it's much harder to impress people with a game nowadays. Expand
  77. Oct 21, 2013
    The detail of the world is amazing.Awesome voice acting,a lot of activities other than just violence.Such as tennis,golf,diving,parachuting,off-roading and hell there's more! The adventure of the three "heroes" is just beautiful.
  78. Oct 21, 2013
    All I can say is that its a great game with refreshing and excising gameplay. The shooting aspects are clean, smooth and straight forward. nothing really complicated. The driving is out of this world, and much better than many driving games I've played, the vast amount of vehicles, coupled with the astoundingly large amount of customization makes for a great time. And if you some how managed to grow bored with the single player you can smoothly hop on in to GTA:Online, which offers a variety of activities to do, including racing, fighting, parachuting, robbing stores, buying and customizing cars, and even purchasing a player apartment. if you have skipped to the end of the review then i;ll say this. Buy It. its one of those games which you can sit down and play for many many hours. Expand
  79. Oct 21, 2013
    They obviously removed a load of content over the past year. And I think that in trying to improve the pacing, they may have went a little too far. But the story, as nihilistic as it is, and as male-centered as it is (what GTA isn't?) can be seen as Rockstar's ultimate commentary on its own genre. Because it's fun to be a total scumbag, and it's fun to enter a world that belongs to ME. That killing random pedestrians and other such activities, that we normally perceive as wrong, become fun in a virtual world...that's a really provocative phenomena, and GTA V really explores that, and it's innovative.

I hate the characters because they're terrible human beings, but I can't deny the release I get from entering their consciousness.
  80. Oct 23, 2013
    Excellent stuff, the new features are all they promised to be. Switching characters is quick and fun, the driving is fixed despite what some may think and the story is the best in the series yet, the only complaints are minor niggles and the online portion which given time will no doubt improve.
  81. Oct 26, 2013
    i think this game is the best game of 2013
    dont pay attention to negative votes they are pc gamers!!! and they cant play this game!!!
    i have bought x box just for this game
  82. Oct 25, 2013
    Good Game, smooth and new refreshing characters, in true Rockstar fashion all stereotypes are exaggerated to comical effect. Driving is improved from GTA IV and shooting is much better too.

On line is now fixed so multi-player is great with friends or to cause solo carnage.

The must own game this year.
  83. Oct 26, 2013
    I have been waiting for GTA V since San Andreas, it is very cool and it had a really good score as it deserves. The map is pretty cool and very huge. I did get kind of bored when I had finished the campaign, it just didn't seem like there was much else to do. GTA online part of it is fun to play with your friends, you can buy some pretty cool houses and what-not. I've only had a couple experiences where textures of certain object won't load right away, which is kind of annoying. But it's a good buy and worth it. Expand
  84. Oct 28, 2013
    From the grungy thug-ridden streets of inner Los Santos to the overwhelmingly beautiful and vast landscapes and mountain ranges of Blaine County, Rockstar have not only managed to capture and place the world on a pedestel, but they have also managed to fill it with diversity, violence, wildlife and an entire population of people, each with their own stories. Some are bouncers in the hottest clubs in LS, some are bartenders in crummy bars the Senora Desert, some are drunken rednecks soaking up the sun by the Alamo Sea, and some are just completely normal pedestrians. GTA V is truly a pioneering game when it comes to variety; not only can players murder NPCs, they can also socialise with them, help them out by catching the cheeky buggers who stole from their stores, and even collect some odd jobs to complete for them. Along with all of this, players can also play sports and take part in activities such as golf, darts, tennis and armwrestling. Everything in the game is entertaining... it all feels fun, perceptive and alive. Visit the theatre or strip club, or just lounge around at home watching TV. Steal a plane from the airport and explore the massive world, or go diving deep down into the Pacific Ocean, or just simply bask in the vibrance of the world and everything within it.

Unlike previous Grand Theft Auto games, you can do more with your money than just buy weapons... you can do anything from getting a new haircut to getting some new ink, or buying fancy coats and suits and even investing in real estate or buying stocks to turn over a nice fat profit. Web-surfing on the game is so much more useful than it was in Grand Theft Auto IV; in this latest installment, you can purchase cars, boats and even airplanes for your private hangar.

To accompany all of this, there is also a magnificent storyline to it; each individual protagonist has their unique own back-story and personality, and each story mission feels fun and engaging, and most are very, very violent, which will appeal to most. The planning of the heists requires a smart mind, and the choices you make during the planning have a serious impact on the amount of cash you get away with. The game leaves a lot of the work down to the player; the money you have by the end of the story depends completely on how the player has used strategy throughout the game and how they have carefully organised everything.
    The all-new combat in the game is much more interactive than the ones in previous releases. Melee has been greatly improved in GTA V; a new and more high-end combat system has been implemented. It is more advanced than games in the past, and the new moves and blocks, as well as the new animations, make the game feel just that bit more exciting.

The game makes heavy use of skills; each character has nine different skills to master, each level making the character more "complete". Some of these skills include stamina, which controls how long and fast you can run, strength, which controls how hard you hit and how much damage you take, and driving, which, as you level it up, gives you to the ability to control your vehicle more fluently.

The game also has its few flaws, though; some things initially thought to be in the game are not, including the ability to purchase houses, a fully functional hunting system and more. Although these things disappointed some, it is massively made up for with the amazing wildlife and environment,
    the diversity and beauty of the map, and the variety in NPCs, random events and side missions. Every single minute detail in the game has made it go that extra mile, and Rockstar have truly done an amazing job with it.

The game is, to most, a masterpiece; so many different aspects of life as a criminal have been added in a virtual world too beautiful for words, and it is quite frankly mind-boggling to me just thinking how on earth they managed to fit such detail in one game. I can say with absolute confidence that, to me, this is
    the best game I have ever played.
    Thank you for reading my review.
  85. Apr 10, 2014
    Almoust a masterpiece. Pros: -It overloads the graphics of the old consoles almost -Very good storyline (very good means for example the alternate options at the end) -The open world is one of the best open worlds ive seen ever in gaming (World Design, Online Mode, Exploration) -Good online mode -The radio stations are legendary Cons: -Framerate is often under 30 (Explosions)
    -Pop-ups
    -a little bit stupid AI

Sorry for translation errors.
  86. Dec 2, 2013
    Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER Best GAME EVER
  87. Nov 1, 2013
    Freemode to start with gives you so much to do such as fun activities like tennis. Story takes many, many hours to complete. Plus if you add on the numerous side missions, it'll take you even longer. The lengthy amount of time it takes to complete just adds to the enjoyment of driving around, shooting up something, finding easter eggs and/or completing achievements. The map is very big and is bigger than any previous gta map and has a varied environment with a city and a countryside. Gta Online is very good as well and is similar to single player but there are more customisable options and you can play alongside random people, friends, a crew, etc. I would have given this a 9 because of glitches and bugs to single player and online with some making the game unplayable, but they seem to have sorted them out now with a series of updates. Also anyone who played the online through the problems in October will get $500k split in 2 settlements sometime soon after the next update of me writing this review. Expand
  88. Nov 1, 2013
    The game is a must buy. There are barely any glitches and it runs smoothly. The characters are amazingly interesting and their story arcs are some of the most interesting in gaming. The gameplay itself is highly refined,and there is so much freedom in the huge open world. The missions are very fun and never repetitive. It is hard to explain quite what about it makes it so special,so if you want to find out I strongly recommend this game. I didn't go into details about the game because everyone knows what GTA is like, but this one is the best of them all. Expand
  89. Nov 11, 2013
    Anybody who rates this game below a 7 is an idiot, don't listen to them they're probably CoD fanboys. I really can't add anything that isn't already in the reviews.
  90. Nov 4, 2013
    Almost perfect single player, great multi player (even despite the well-documented issues). Will probably be the best game out for 5 years until the next GTA comes out.
  91. Nov 5, 2013
    Great Game.

The Dialogue is pristine. and the humor is generally more funnier than the last game. The Driving Mechanics from San Andreas is back that we all know and love. and this game is just a good time for hours on end. This game is a must-have and a good excuse to keep the seventh generation console.
  92. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've waited 5 years for this and apart from few glitches and short-ish length of SP story compared to GTA IV it is 10/10. This game brings me back to Saint Row 2 and San Andreas, with a wide array of weapons, vehicles and wacky ways to kill yourself and your enemies. I spent 3 hours alone jumping on trains, riding dirt bikes off of Mt. Chilliad and flying 747s. This game is a perfect weekend or a perfect day off or anytime you have free time to play it. Expand
  93. Nov 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One should be insane to give this AWESOME game low scores. It just replaces real world when you're getting bored with it. The game that will remain the best for a very long time... Till the next chapter is released. Expand
  94. Nov 6, 2013
    Best game that has been released! Makes a lot of fun and everything is beautifully done. The story gives a lot of fun and gives you a lot of time of fun. Highly recommend to all, it is really worth to play again recommend;)
  95. Nov 8, 2013
    GTA 5 goes where no other grand theft auto game has gone. The online feels sort of like an MMO and all the things you can do with your friends is just limitless. The single player is good; not as good as GTA 4, but multiplayer is where its at. Rockstar is doing everything in its power to fix any issues with online service and for that I give Grand Theft Auto a 10/10. This game can easily be the game of the decade. Expand
  96. Nov 10, 2013
    Single player run through was one of the best experiences I have had in gaming. The switching between the three characters and was amazingly done. The multiplayer became stale after awhile though. But most games do. I still have to give it a 10 out of 10.
  97. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V, I was semi looking forward to it, I was looking forward to Saints row 4 so much more. Sadly that was a disappointment, so after that I was hopeful that the Big one Grand Theft Auto 5 would bring "it" to the table. Oh, and they brought "it" and so much more. I believe that Gta 5 is the BEST game of 2013 I have not played a game so much since Skyrim, I only have three gripes about the game so I might as well get them out of the way now.

Slightly Annoying things about GTA 5:
    1. The Advertizing for the game. Loved it/Hated it.
    2. The online System glitches (I got de-ranked 10 levels and lost about $40,000 near the start)
    3. Xbox Loading times.

Now, as for the first one; I saw Street adds for the game Everywhere, Nuf said. I loved that they did not give us much if not any info about the game if we did not go looking for it.

2nd, It an issue that happened to me personally and I got a little ticked off by it so that is why that is there.

Last but Not least, LOADING SCREEN!!! I have not idea if it was like this for anyone else but the loading screen when you first load the game, Is at times about 7 to 15 minutes long for me. Now, I am a patient person, but anything over 3-4 minutes is irritating, and I dealt with nearly 1250 hours of Skyrim on Xbox so I know my loading screens.

Anyway, Besides those few things I LOVED the game:
    Story: 10/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Controlability: 9/10 Some driving and character issues
    Characters: 11/10 Amazing/funny Characters in the game
    Voice actors: 15/10 Trevor, Nuf said

Time spent in the game so far: 85 Hours Single-Player, 15 Hours Multi-Player
  98. Nov 8, 2013
    Rockstar and Grand Theft Auto have always brought something new to the table when it comes to video games and yet again they haven't disappointed here. Grand Theft Auto 5's Los Santos is beautiful, compared to GTA 4's Liberty City, Los Santos is full of colour and is astonishingly beautiful to look at night and day. The map just doesn't stop there, you can leave the city past the Vinewood Sign and venture through Los Santos County and Blaine County. The detail put into the country side is again amazing, you will see animals running wild, hikers climbing Mount Chilliad and surrounding hills and even other characters racing dirt bikes and quads throughout the land. It really does feel like a real life world which helps immerse you into the game.

Grand Theft Auto is also known for having great protagonists and in GTA 5's case their isn't one but three protagonist's each with their own messed up stories. First up is Michael, a 50 year old retired bank robber who's Hollywood lifestyle doesn't fulfil him. During the prologue mission Michael was shot and struck a deal with the FIB to change his identify and let him walk free. His best friend Trevor, our second protagonist whom's also on the prologue mission who ran away and was never caught is simply, a crazy maniac. He is every GTA gamer who plays to cause a rampage and kill everything in their sights. He currently hides out in Blaine County in his hill billy trailer causing mayhem and havoc where ever he goes, whether it be killing rival drug dealers or blowing up their homes. Lastly is Franklin, a gang banger who wants out of the gang lifestyle and strike it rich without selling dope or re-possessing cars for Simeon. Each character has their own special ability which suits their lifestyle, Michael can slow down time with his Max Payne Bullet Time like ability, Trevor can deal double damage and take a lot lot less damage whereas Franklin the driver can slow time whilst driving to help you manoeuvre your way through traffic.

The story of GTAV is short but sweet, you'll bring down houses, rob banks, steal military equipment and ehm... mop floors. Exciting for the most part. The story brings our three would be heroes together as they are all chasing something different but want the same thing. Michael wants his old lifestyle back, Trevor just wants to cause mayhem and get his business running whilst Franklin is in it for the money but as we know things never go as they're supposed to. After the first heist the FIB get in contact with Michael as he's broke his rules for staying quite and the group is thrown into the corrupt game of politics of the FIB and IAA. The story will fall into others like Devin Weston, a billionaire who gets criminals to do his dirty work and who better than our three man group?

If that wasn't convinced you to go buy it then hopefully this will; the game is filled with guns, cars, clothes, tattoo's, hair cuts and more! You can customise the characters and their guns and cars they own. Bringing back the car customization from GTA: SA and extending it further you can change the car's colour, add spoilers, tint the windows and make the tyres bulletproof. For weapons, you can add silencers, scopes, grips, torches and change their colour. There are now more clothes in GTAV compared to GTAIV every character with their own set of clothes. Characters can also buy businesses like a Cab Company so they no longer need to pay for cab rides and buy a heli pad to store the helicopters they buy or steal, there are also plane hangers and boat docks to store planes and boats at. If you run short on cash you can risk your money on the stock market where you can earn big or lose it all.

Even with all that there is still a lot to do in GTA 5, whether it be street racing, learning to fly or dropping/collecting weapons. There are many of hours in activites to do, as said there are street races all over the city or you can learn to fly at the airport or even just race planes through donut checkpoints. When buying business's some will come with extra missions ranging from being a taxi man or collecting weapons by car and delivering them by plane there is so much to do in Los Santos.

Rockstar have learned a lot with Red Dead, Max Payne and Midnight Club taking many elements from them games putting it into GTA. The shooting has vastly improved from GTAIV's clunky cover shooting to a fast fluid gun fight where cover can be made from most of the environment. The driving is less realistic from GTA IV but feels a lot better, car damage has been lowered and you can still use your car after it flips. Driving is fast and you don't skid out after braking every time.

GTAV brings us hours of fun with many good points and little bad points about the game. It deserves the 9/10 it earned and with DLC I can't wait for more heists, cars and guns

Good Points
    Three Protagonists

Bad Points:
    Short Story
  99. Nov 8, 2013
    Overall a very well polished game, filled with content, variety and replayability. Almost every element of the game is perfect, and it only really has a couple of flaws such as the lack of more interiors, safehouses in SP and some other minor nitpicky things that are basically worth nothing when you compare it to the sheer amount of things that the game has and does well. 10/10 for me.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.