8.1

1. Apr 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This may be the best grand theft auto game there is it is an fantastic game but there are some flaws within its greatness. For instances the last choice is good but an bit stupid if you are attached to all three characters. Unless you dislike an main protagonist you would chose the one you disliked. Over all it is a good game I would tell you to buy it. Expand
  2. Apr 17, 2014
    [Sorry for my english, I'm french]
    There are already lots of reviews but I'll write mine.
    This game is simply my favorite game of all time ! It is a travel to a world where I would live :)
    This GTA is more than a GTA, every mecanics are perfect, play this game is a pure pleasure, the story is bewitching, the 3 characters bring to the game a brilliant way to play, the graphics are
    amazing and the map too...
    There are so many things to do about this masterpiece...
    I have already written lots of review about this game for my country, France, so I'm tired of tell everytime the same things but this "game" is AMAZING, that's a fact !
  3. Apr 16, 2014
    Awesome graphics,awesome game play,awesome story,everything in this game is awesome.The mechanic of use 3 characters in the same time works pretty well.The multiplayer is one of the best online modes I ever seen.Better than San Andreas,better than GTA lV,the best GTA of all time(until now,of course)
  4. Apr 16, 2014
    A very fair GTA game I suppose, but it suffers pretty roughly from boring car diversity, pretty meh characters and lots of missed opportunities.

Boring car diversity: Well you got a zillion different vehicles and especially cars, who almost all drive the same. THE EXACT SAME, save a few tweaks. Yes of course some are faster and some are not, but it seems that the complaint about GTA
    IV's superior driving physics being "boohoohoo too difficult" really got the Rockstar marketing in a tizzy because we get here dumbed down, almost simplistic car controls that indeed allow for good driving, but also kill any and all car diversity because for the sake of simplicity they all drive pretty much the same!
    That means that finding a Banshee, Infernus(or equivalent) doesn't have nearly the value that it had in older games. You just take any random fast car and you're good, no need to learn them all, they all drive the same! This is a perfect example of a lost opportunity too, because I bet the designers at Rockstar spent hell of a time making all these nice, beautiful, and well-crafted cars(not being ironic here), just so we could kill any random driver from any car that looks expensive, steal it, and never even care what the car's name or driving value was.

Characters, Michael, Trevor and Franklin.
    Now I like the three of them enough. I just realise that they're kinda showing how Rockstar couldn't make one good character with a complex personality, so they split the protagonist in three, each representing one side. This doesn't feel completely like that, it's more a blurry feeling than anything, but it does feel like that a bit.
    Michael is probably the most protagonist of them all, since he's the only one with a real noteworthy arc. He's a retired criminal who got filthy rich and lives a boring life with a family he can't hold together. Pretty cool, and he is memorable and charismatic enough, but that's it. No really great wit, he whines a lot(actually a ton of people in this game whines a lot), he's almost never fun or enjoyable, he may be charismatic but that's all it is. Sometimes he has badass moments but they're the exception. Still my favorite of the three.
    Trevor: Just insane. In good and bad. Yes he can be fun. Yes he can be really annoying with having a head like a coconut. But mostly, he's just insane. Which is fine and dandy but doesn't make one a character. More than that, he doesn't have any sort of story or arc. He's the same at the end of the game as he is at the start.
    Franklin: Mr Pushover. He whines all the time, always gets stuck in stupidly bad situations by his best friend Lamar or by someone else, and he seems to always, no matter what, thoughtlessly, roll with it. Doesn't care to anger an entire crime syndicate, he just does the job even if he has no personal reason to. His personality ranges from "I'm tired of all the **** I go through" to "ok let's do this super dangerous thing I have no real personal reason to do". He'd come off as outright stupid if his main motivation wasn't wanting to get rich to impress the girl he loves. Franklin still is alright, but just having a guy that wants to get money and goes into any dangerous job for it, is way too easy a character. However to really explain him I have to talk about the side characters.

For Franklin, the side character is Lamar. Lamar is a stupid assh*le who keeps doing the dumbest things, then gets saved by Franklin, then spits on Franklin for doing things better than him and getting richer, always complaining that F is a "lucky guy" even though F worked his way up and keeps getting in **** to save Lamar...
    For Trevor, all the side characters are idiots or weaklings, and I guess this is where a lot of the comic relief is supposed to come from, but...no. None of them are that funny and they get old or annoying really fast.
    For Michael you've got his family. Washed-out fat lowlife for a son, slutty attention whore for the daughter, cheating and agressive wife. Of course in the end you're supposed to patch up Michael with his family and I could go with it, but the fact is that I want to kill the son and possibly all of them more than I want to patch them up.
    Needless to say, considering that every arc from every character is related at least a bit to their side characters, almost every story/arc pretty much loses all interest extremely quickly. I should also point out that the writing is sub-par to the rest of the series.

And for missed opportunities: You have heist mission-making capabilities and almost no heists to make. You have tons of sidequests, none of them using the basic gameplay and they're all gimmicky and kinda useless. You have three protagonists, but can only play one at a time and hope the AI does its job rest of the time. You have this huge city and tons of it are useless, the "too much room because Realism but nothing fun to do in it" problem we've had since the Gamecube era.

I could go on but I made my point already.
  5. Apr 15, 2014
    YAHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WERK IT **** YOU FABULOUS WHORE. I **** LOVE THIS GAME ITS SO MUCH FUN TO RUN OVER WHORES ALL DAY. It's a fun game. You should play it.
  6. Apr 14, 2014
    it was the worst gta ever the game play sucked so hard and multiplier was just terrible i think rockstar
    could of done way better. like i play it a little turn it off go back to it and my game is always corrupt. i had
    to go to my cousin's just to beat the game
  7. Apr 13, 2014
    One main problem of GTA IV was how grey it was. So what does Rockstar North do? Bakes a nice pie, and SLAMS it into the face of LIberty City. HD graphics, seamless online play, drivable vechicles, and a great story. Once you've beaten the game, CHEAT. It's worth it, trust me. If that gets, boring, play online. I love this game, you should too. If you don't...
    GO **** YOURSELF.
  8. Apr 10, 2014
    Almoust a masterpiece. Pros: -It overloads the graphics of the old consoles almost -Very good storyline (very good means for example the alternate options at the end) -The open world is one of the best open worlds ive seen ever in gaming (World Design, Online Mode, Exploration) -Good online mode -The radio stations are legendary Cons: -Framerate is often under 30 (Explosions)
    -Pop-ups
    -a little bit stupid AI

Sorry for translation errors.
  9. Apr 5, 2014
    Great story. Great gameplay. Great game. The individual stories of the three main characters include satires of popular shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and more. Gameplay and mechanics are pretty polished. Graphics are great, especially since it runs on 8 year old hardware. Do not hesitate to buy.
  10. Apr 5, 2014
    A superb creation of incomparable detail and awe that is filled to the brim with interesting content and hilarious satire of American culture. The story focuses on three anti-heroes who pull off a series of explosive heists. The single-player took me about 50 hours to complete, including a few of the shenanigans and side-activities I participated in. I have put almost 150 hours into the online portion of the game that is, while flawed, an extremely fun variety of missions, races and deathmatches of the highest caliber. Grand Theft Auto V fulfills the empty promises Grand Theft Auto IV put forward back in 2008 and I think it's safe to say that the game is possibly the best open world game ever crafted. Bravo Rockstar. Expand
  11. Apr 4, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, along with Grand Theft Auto Online, is a great package. The single player is engrossing and epic. The multiplayer will keep you busy for hours. The attention to detail is unbelievable. All must play this game.
  12. Apr 2, 2014
    Im a huge grand theft auto fan but this is a huge disappointment in every way, they just spent all the money on the ads?!! how crazy is that?? Overall its not very good and doesn't live up to the hype...
  13. Mar 28, 2014
    The most influencial gameplay that i've ever played! With three-time anti hero, Los Santos had never been better, with the Gangsters, Bank Robber, and the psychopath guy which was three-time awesome. The system was really awesome with the core mechanic and 10 times kicking than Grand Theft Auto IV!
  14. Mar 25, 2014
    A fantastic game and definitely one of their best for both offline and online playing.

Well worth its full retail price

Its a whooping 12 out of 10 by me :D
  15. Mar 24, 2014
    Probably the most disappointing GTA title I've ever played. When you make a game in San Andreas and tell us "hey guys this is the largest map in GTA history!" we would expect San Andreas to be there on it's entirety, with San Fierro, Las Venturas, everything there was on the old Playstation 2 classic and more, not just a crappy island with Los Santos plus a lot of useless countryside to the north. With this title the series has become more casual than ever, you're even able to control your car mid-air and the vehicle controls have changed quite a lot (for worse): they turn faster, riding feels a lot easier than in previous titles and it's hard to actually lose control of your car even when it's pretty messed up. Wanna buy a badass safehouse for your favorite character? Too bad, you can't. Even though there are several houses to buy on GTA Online, you can't buy them in Story mode because screw logic. GTA Online is not a big deal too, there's a limit of 20 players per server so you won't be seeing the all-out war we expected, and finding custom game matches (race, deathmatch, etc) is frustrating, as you rarely find a lobby with more than 2 or 3 players, even after waiting a long period of time for people to enter. GTA IV had full races anytime, it's matchmaking system was so much better and simple than this **** I would (maybe) advise on getting this game anyway, it's still fun, of course, but not what we expected. Rockstar can't make up for the disappointment of the casual gameplay and the incomplete San Andreas even with a horde of DLCs. Expand
  16. Mar 24, 2014
    The evolution of living breathing virtual worlds is incredible. Even if you don't care about the story and all you want to do is absorb the atmosphere, drive around and go sightseeing, then still this game is worth your time. Free roaming in GTA 5 is like going on a virtual vacation.
  17. Mar 24, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a beautiful game. I was amazingly hyped for this game since I first saw the logo a few years back, even though I didn't know if it was legit or not. At first, I was a bit skeptic about the idea that we'll be able to play with three different characters. And now I can't see myself playing GTA V with only one character. The voice actors for Michael, Franklin and Trevor are great. Even though the majority of the conversations contains a lot of shouting. I love it. My favourite character is without a doubt, Michael. He reminds me of one of the greatest characters ever written, Tony Soprano. I'm not going to dig into that, you have to experience that by yourself. And if you don't know who Tony Soprano is, well, you should. I can't think of any negative thing to say about the main story/single player. It truly is amazing. The mechanics in the game is extremely satisfying. The way that all three characters act during a gunfight is really good. It feels so alive!

Now on to the online mode. Rockstar did a great job hyping the online mode. Oh, how disappointed I was. I knew that the servers were to crash on the release date, that's not it. But the amount of content that was available was just ridiculous. The promised us heists and jobs with variety. The jobs are pretty much all the same. Go there, kill them, get that, bring it back. And I'm still waiting for the heists. Don't get me wrong, there are still some parts of the online mode that I like. The racing for example is great, and driving up Mt. Chiliad with a car that most likely wouldn't be able to get up there in the first place and then drive off the ledge and watch it fly down and bounce around in the woods is hilarious, every time.

Grand Theft Auto V is a great game. You got to play it. It's worth every penny. I would give it a 10 if it weren't for the lack of content in the online mode.

Buy the game, play it, enjoy it, I bet you will.
  18. Mar 19, 2014
    Perfect, perfect,perfect....one of the best game ever made of all time...awesome story,graphics,voice actors,gameplay,missions,characters,MULTIPLAYER...EVERYTHING....just one thing pissed me off in this game...there is no gang wars or steal stash (just like tlad and tbogt did)...execpt that...it's an amazing game..you cant missed...
  19. Mar 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If COD Ghosts wasn't overrated then this most certainly is. Grand Theft Auto 5 is the most expensive game ever made, with the total budget coming to $256,000,000. That's not to say its good. It just means a lot of effort has been put into it. The campaign has a few exiting and memorable missions. But most have only slight impact to the rest of the game. The new heist missions are the new feature to the franchise. When I completed the campaign, I looked back and thought "Hang on, the first and last heist missions actually got me money and the rest took most of my profit away for no reason." They may have had a reason, but I just skipped most of the cut scene's because some of them are just so boring. The game offers three characters to choose from during the campaign. Franklin is the one you start off with and will probably play as for most of the entire game. He has better driving skills and has the most useful special ability. He also just goes along with the flow and does what anyone tells him to do. Michael is a rich drinking family man who has had a bad past and now just wants a quiet life. He complains too much about how money hasn't gotten him true happiness in his life, but is still pretty keen do do the heists. I try and stay away from the family missions because Michael's family are the most annoying people you will ever see in this game. His son is an anti social idiot. His daughter is a loud mouthed attention seeker. Too me she looked like an definition of Britney Spears. His wife screaming women with no personality and is only there game needs her. Lastly is Trevor who is a filthy, drug dealing psychoand. Personally I chose to kill him at the end because I got sick of him shouting out gibberish to passing civilians. Thats not to say the game is all bad. The controls are good and the abilities on nicely mapped to the controller. When you switch to a character, they are always doing something different from when you left off which is nice. The map is undoubtedly bigger, but most of those areas I.E. the mountains you will never go or want to go. I actually skipped the optional family missions for Michael because I just did not care about what happened. Overall I think GTA 5 is an over hyped game that should only really be played if you want to see the franchise improve a little more. Expand
  20. Mar 15, 2014
    The world of grand theft auto 5 is immense in detail with every part of the huge map as detailed as the next whether it's the busy city streets or a lonely country road. The narrative of grand theft auto 5 revolves around three main characters Michael,Franklin and Trevor. All of these characters are very well voice acted with an espicially stand-out performance from Steven Ogg (Trevor). Everything in grand theft auto 5 feels like a combination of everything great from Rockstar's earlier games Max Payne 3's shooting, Red dead redemption's animals and nature and midnight clubs driving mechanics and a story that unlike GTA IV dosent take itself to seriously. This game does not deserve the bad user score and should keep Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers playing for a long time. Expand
  21. Mar 13, 2014
    In GTA4 Rockstar created a living city, with 5 they've created a living, breathing, pulsating world led by three contrasting main characters whose very personalities and story arcs allow the player to vary their style from sensible story following to rampant carnage without ruining the intended experience of the overall storyline. With all the hype this needed to be Rockstars crowning achievement to date, and the Pixar of video game studios does not disappoint. Expand
  22. Mar 10, 2014
    This was one of my favorite games of 2013 and the first gta game that I played and I'm glad that i decided to play this series it had a really interesting and mature story and the open world was fun to explore and run around in. (Be warned this a very mature game and is not for kids!!)
  23. Mar 8, 2014
    What in also wondered why they didn't have babies in the gta you see pregnant people or babies anywhere I just wish it was more like the sims 3 but you can go actually into the stores .i know I might sound crazy but I wish it was just more real we're you can be a celebrity and go into miscellaneous stores buy things gated communities paparazzi following you making it more like celebrities and real life just going into restaurants paying the restaurants valet parking and god plz answer this y is there just a girl a pretty girl customize it where it loos exactly like you I know your probably thinking just get the sims but I do already have it I just thought gta would be more were you can walk in to buildings get a reality show call your friends to go go dinner Expand
  24. Mar 8, 2014
    A superfluous experience; visually impressive, but ultimately a bland experience. The three main characters only have a single motive: ill-gotten wealth. They may've intentionally substituted plot for an enjoyable experience, but both aspects fall flat. There isn't much fun to bad had that hasn't already been doable in the previous instalments. Multiplayer is also a bore; a hodgepodge of boring activities that replace searchable lobbies for each game-type, a poor money system, and a lame selection of games to choose from after a match ends. The game's story is worth experience once, but that's about it, really. Hardly an improvement over it's predecessor. It still suffers from he Sandbox Paradox; You can do anything you want to do, so long as it is within the permitted bounds of the game; you can choose how to plan a bank robbery, but only with the listed options provided. Expand
  25. Mar 7, 2014
    Would probably be a good game, but good god, Console controls are just terrible. Driving in any decent car is just impossible and forget trying to shoot anything. Here's hoping they sim launch PC someday, but probably wont because they fear the evil Pirate.
  26. Mar 5, 2014
    screw gta 4 this one is better . and i love it but gta 4 is 99% great i love the gta 5 the characters in gta 5 are great . and a whole new level of awsome .
  27. Mar 5, 2014
    The newest R*games title brings us freedom and a brand new world to be explored. I'll not lie, I was so anxious, I couldn't wait for this game. I thought that it would be the greatest game of all time. I was not disappointed at all. The game is excellent, the story is cool, the graphics are so much well made and the gameplay is one of the bests. But sure it has it problems. And they aren't a bit. So many bugs, glitches, especially in the online mode made me almost stopping playing this game. I'm sure that every game has problems, but GTA 5 has too much. That's is the problem of making a very well constructed game to our current and delayed generation. The requirements are high for a 2005 console. Hope they launch the PC, PS4 and XOne versions to we really see GTA without being shy. Expand
  28. Mar 3, 2014
    Seemed very linear compared to previous games in the series. Only one or two missions to be completed at a time and not very interesting stories outside of the main plot.
  29. Mar 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V.. Compared to IV Is easily the most overhyped game I've seen in a while. The things it does better firstly, is obviously the graphics, they are beautiful and reflective and pushes these ageing consoles to their max. But some textures on clothes were really muddy looking. And that's it... Now the things it fails on. Story: unlike able protagonists, all three of them, didn't really feel like authentic people more of a exaggeration of stereotypes. The story is the same Rockstar trend. Work for someone, get betrayed, get revenge. So it feels uninspired.

Gameplay: what has changed? It's still your third person cover shooter, requires no skill what's so ever all you have to do is run to a good cover spot, peek out, and do a head shot. Wow, and what's the point of all these weapons? It's easy as **** anyways. Not like there is different styles to play through with.
    "Silencers" rigggght about that, well that never worked.
    I like the driving, but wish they improved the crash physics, this isn't NFS I want, it would be far more immersive if they had the sense of urgency to not crash in high speed chases, but hey if your going 200 mph and hit another car? Just a scratch, cars most have one strong body shell huh.

Content: well yes it has a fair bit of hours packed into this game, but it's unrewarding, seriously I'm gonna collect all this for TEN DOLLARS?? Lol, that was a waste of time, a lot of the side missions are collectibles, like it's not really my favourite thing in the first place, but al least far cry 3 gave you XP, this is they give you money. The economy in this games is pointless, buy all these landmarks and do Repititive missions for and not be able to go into the club you own?

To keep it shorter, I'm a single player gamer and this is the most uninspired, waste of time. If you want an amazing single player game? This is not it.
  30. Mar 1, 2014
    Amazing game, I think it was the best game of 2013, but what I liked was a bit of physical and also removed the internet café. But the scenery, vehicles, animals and missions that struck me were great, with good design, and you see that Rockstar Games worked hard to create this smash hit game.
  31. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    It's a good game but kinda iffy gta game. As a game itself, it's pretty cool. Lots to do, lots to see, very open world. But at the same time, a lot of that world is empty and leaves you wanting for more. I'm giving it a 9 because even though it could have been better with its story telling I still had a lot of fun playing it and there's so much to do you will feel like you got your money's worth. I'm still waiting for it in PC however, to really take advantage of those great graphics I know are being held back by console systems. Expand
  32. Feb 24, 2014
    Tbh.... I was disappointed with this game. I haven't even finished it yet, and I have had it since release day. as I played this game, I didn't feel any sense of progression at all. There also doesn't seem to be any clear villain or goal to work towards. On the other hand, sucker punching someone from behind is damn satisfying so it is quite a good stress reliever, but that doesn't save it from the boring plot and bland characters. Expand
  33. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, this game really appealed to my anarchistic side! There's so much to love about this game, the weapons, the cars, the heists, the characters, the story. It's all fantastic. The game had a very rocky multiplayer launch, but when that eventually settled down that aspect was excellent as well.

I highly recommend this game, it has a penis in it and the occasional obese woman.
  34. Feb 20, 2014
    Best Game Everrrrrr!!! The games story wasn't the best but it was just so fun and just the humongous size of the map was very impressive. The graphics were also very good and it had some funny parts in it that just make you laugh. I have never liked the auto aim and i didn't like it here but it was fine since I was still able to get passed all the levels.
  35. Feb 18, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, what a game. The car physics are better (Not necessarily more realistic) and even the rag-doll's are better along with the graphics. But that's all to be expected, Grand Theft Auto V brought one of the best story's ever to the franchise. This is a lot different than the usual "New kid on the block" up bringing's of the main character. Instead they went for a refreshing take, Your introduced to multiple main character's. At first when I heard this I though it was a bad Idea, but after playing I realize it's a fantastic mechanic to have. That and the three completely different backgrounds they have really let play's try and find a match for them. but don't even get me started on the usual kick-ass and take names game play, The game doesn't suffer any downs when it comes to combat. Bloody messes, cops, and a lot of destroy cars sums up my experience. It's amazing to just go out and explore the world Rock Star created for you to. he many of Easter eggs and other activity's you can do it limitless. One praise I love to give this game it that its a huge example of a franchise that can make many different game and still impress us every time (unlike other large franchises). So this does deserve 9/10 from me, it's not a perfect game but the closest Grand Theft Auto has gotten. Keep the hits coming Rock Star. Expand
  36. Feb 18, 2014
    I always really disliked the GTA franchise, however, I gave GTA V a shot and I have not regretted it. With a very well executed storyline, gameplay (offline and online), and so much more, GTA V is without a doubt a pure masterpiece of a video game
  37. Feb 17, 2014
    Grand theft Auto 5 is the latest instant hit from rock star. Following the adventures of 3 protagonists and their quest for money, well not really. Franklin and Trevor are after money, Micheal simply wants the FBI to leave him alone so he can live in peace with his family. Needless to say the games main plot is really only about Micheal while Trevor and Franklin are just along for the ride. Though I will not fail to mention that the story would not be anywhere near as good without them. It is no secret who the actual main character is. To the point of making the 3 character thing nothing more than a gimmick.
    Which is all it is. Which is unfortunate because aside from the countless additional mini games and sillier missions. Is the only difference between this and GTA 4.
    The combat is still atrocious and repetitive, aside from the better level design. And the vehicles still control more-or-less the same. It would be a waste of time to even talk about it further.

The only positive improvement is the increased world map. Which was the main draw of this game for me. So ultimately the game still ends up in the green, the world is enormous with a lot of variety things to find and places to explore. The story is around the same level of quality as 4's was. It really isn't any better and it really isn't any worse, my biggest complaint has already been addressed. Besides that the dialogue and characters are all very well rounded and written.

The only real downside is the plane missions. Which only rarely happen. But when they do they are one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had. Taking off is easy, and you are quickly thrust headlong into the sky. Since there is nothing in the air, the game either does 2 things to give you some obstacle. Require you to stay low to the ground, or just through random gusts of wind at you and force you to readjust.
    Then you have to land... This is the hardest part of the game by far, and most plane missions require that you do it. Failing will set you back a long ways and force you to fly all the way through again. Even though it is normal checkpoint length it feels at least twice as long due to how boring and tedious the actual flying is.
    But again, this only happens rarely and is easily forgivable. It is just difficult to have to play through and not complain about a little bit.

Ultimately the verdict is that this is basically the same game as GTA 4, and offers very little new. Buy it if your interested. if not, don't bother you already know what you are getting.
  38. Feb 11, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V successfully takes us back into the new viewpoints of San Andreas,meanwhile digging deeper into its concepts and determination of the darker side of the American Dream. It may not capture the dark manners that the stories of Niko Bellic and John Marston pushed, but it also blown our minds by expanding a cool non-linear narrative structure for its three leads (Trevor is honestly the greatest, but also, the most violent of them all) and combining them with amazing mechanics, totally superb activities, improved driving and gunplay (go play Midnight Club or Red Dead Redemption), and
    the mind-blowing sights of a sun-soaked metropolis struggling to survive by being occupied by TV and pleasure, but messed by wiseguys and self-help gurus. If the sequel is about the darker side of the American Dream, then GTA V explains it more by explaining the cruel reality of the American Dream by further explaining that it does make cruel fun of what is most important: sex, violence, drugs, mayhem, corruption, misogyny, torture, psychopathic, and the pursuit of the mighty American dollar bill. By all of that, Grand Theft Auto V is still everything we all want to expect: beautiful, brutal, sexy, high, disturbing,
    and somehow highly expanded, partially due to activities, improvements, and the wealth of fortune.
  39. Feb 11, 2014
    Before I start the review i just think its funny how many PC people come over and leave terrible scores. Anyway GTA 5 is on of the best game I have ever played. I love all three of the characters and the story is great. Lots of people are saying that the story is long but I think its the perfect length. The only reason I Didn't give it a 10 is because I think there should have been more animals and I was replaying a mission and when I came back all the stangers and freaks werent there. Great game you should go pick it up right now. Expand
  40. Feb 10, 2014
    I myself at first had great fun with this title, yet the fun very much wears thin after an extremely short amount of time. You see, the game has so much, and believe me a lot of it is very appreciable and is fun, yet so so much of it is painfully sub-par. Allow me to make an example, in one mission playing as Trevor (who buy the way is a psychopath who should have far better things to do with his time, such as blowing up international airports and banging women) in which I had to blend into a work environment in order to plan a robbery, and this involved using a crane to stack crates. FOR HALF AN HOUR. THIS MONEY GRABBING, 9.5 ACTION AWESOME BADASS TITLE HAS ME STACKING CRATES AND A DOCK FOR HALF AND HOUR. GOD! I hope future titles in the Grand Theft Auto series have far less grindy nonsense than this overblown bore. Expand
  41. Feb 4, 2014
    The game, when it came out was great, but the "good" part was very short lived, as R* started patching it, and the game is unplayable as it stands. Single Player is so buggy that you have to resort to loading whole game from Xbox/PS3 home menu in order for the whole console not to hang. Gameplay bugs, missions which can't be finished, achievements which are not granted, money which is not given, cars disappearing, after spending time and money upgrading them, are all annoying but wouldn't be such a pain if it wasn't for the loading freeze. And money making in GTAV is a total grinder. Yes, you can steal anything, but you can't keep it, as the game doesn't save what's stolen.
    AI is 100% accurate, the amount of police and agents, and number of helis after you, when you reach 5 stars, is enormous and never ending. You kill them all, and new wave of the same size appears, before you can run away. Physics seem to work on you mostly, but rest of the world is onl'y 50% simulated, therefore police will not only outrun you on 90 degree turns, motorways, and any streets (even heavy with traffic), then stop in a split second, coming out of the car with guns already shooting at you, and kill you very very quickly, if you only happen to slip or fall. And, they kill first, then ask questions.
    Developer support is the non-existent now. R* stopped listening to fans, and reports of problems. They just keep breaking the game further and further. No testing was done whatsoever, since the game release. Every single patch broke the game more and more in Single Player, only to patch small bugs in MP, which is bugged beyond belief. I can only spend a bit of time on weekends to play it so I didn't finish the game on SP yet, but it's no reason to break SP without care for those who are still playing it. It's zero point from me, as the game is currently unplayable at all.
  42. Feb 3, 2014
    Arguably the best game of this generation, GTA V is basically everything you could ever ask for. Offline, the story is going to keep your occupied for days and online, you're going to be occupied for weeks! Pimp up your car to win races, complete jobs with friends and play the odd team death match and you're not going to want to put your controller down. Even when you aren't completing objectives, there's still fun in driving busses off the tops of skyscrapers, racing down mountains on dirt bikes and throwing C4 at your friends over and over again. Expand
  43. Feb 1, 2014
    Very disappointing. The missions are not as exciting as previous games in the series, and this was meant to be the best in the series. The graphics are good, but graphics don't make a game. The story is bad, the cutscenes are too varied in length and GTA Online is the only good bit other than the graphics. Plus the 360 version has a lot of glitches.
  44. Jan 29, 2014
    Multiplayer is a lot of fun, several missions in the game are tons of fun, especially the heist missions, and the city of Los Santos is great to roam around. However, I wished the story and characters were fleshed out a bit more.
  45. Jan 27, 2014
    I personally love Grand Theft Auto 5. Though I have never really seen or played the story mode myself the online is fantastic. You can mess around as much as you want, make your own maps, and just have a fantastic time.
  46. Jan 25, 2014
    I found this game to be amazing, it had a beautiful environment, amazing characters, great dialogue and was over all a blast to play. You will never get bored of this game because of how much stuff there is to do with it.You have your regular GTA stuff, as in the single player campaign, going on rampages and doing absolutely ridiculous things, and that is not to mention GTA Online, which adds so much more to the game. Even though it has all this amazing stuff about it, like every game it has it's flaws, one thing that I didn't personally like was the driving controls and how they felt, but that is yet again personal preference, some people will like it and others won't. Over all I think GTA V has passed GTA IV in many ways and is worth the buy in all cases. With it's amazing game play, great story-line, and perfect dialogue, it deserves a 9/10, maybe even higher once the PC version comes out and we get some mods on it. Expand
  47. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is a "complete" one. It has everything a gamer wants. The story can easily be compared to good crime cinema movies and the characters -especially Trevor Philips- will be remembered for ages! Visually is a "candy to the eye" and pushes XBOX 360 and PS3 to their limits. It's a definite 10 for me.
  48. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is just amazing. It may have violent things in it, nudity, blood, gore, and all that, but its only a game. Stop being so butt hurt about it, its not a real person doing this, its just a game for people to have fun on, and enjoy themselves. There's so much fun stuff to do, including the online mode, which is just amazing, so is single player, It is so fun, and if you are angry, take it out on this game by doing the violent things in it, if you just want to have fun, so, get it. Plus, kids should be able to play this game, its not like they will do that in real life! Expand
  49. Jan 23, 2014
    This is one of those few games that you absolutely must own. The story is great, the graphics are AMAZING, the gameplay is wonderful, and GTA Online is the funnest I have ever had with multiplayer. Worth the $60 or your regional equivalent.
  50. Jan 23, 2014
    Rightly or wrongly GTA IV has come in for a fair amount of criticism over the last of couple of years. It is clear from the outset that Rockstar have looked to address the majority of the issues raised with regards to the previous entry in the series and, for the most part, they have been successful at doing so. One big change is that, with three separate characters to control, the developers have decided to take things much less seriously. Very few missions now involve simply driving to a location, shooting the bad guys, and then driving back for example. New ideas and concepts are introduced constantly throughout the game providing greater variety of missions, some of which are truly outlandish and great fun to play. The driving and shooting mechanics, which have never been the series strongest assets, have also seen a significant overhaul making for a vast improvement in the minute to minute gameplay.

If I was to nitpick I would have two small areas that I found slightly disappointing. The first is the music as, despite a selection of around 15 radio stations to choose, from I found very few songs that I wanted to listen to. I accept this will of course be down to personal preference but a bit more variety wouldn’t have gone amiss. My second criticism would be the fact that the story is completely linear. I wasn’t expecting the freedom of choice afforded by games like Mass Effect but it would have been nice to have some say in a few of the decisions being made by my characters (other than the A or B option given when tackling heists of course). In the end though these nitpicks, and the fact that its not overly different to its predecessors, can’t detract from what is certainly a top notch single player experience.

As for the online mode, well for me at least, it doesn’t really deliver on its promise. Exploring the city with friends and competing in races and deathmatches, as well as working together to tackle a number of co-op missions, provides a far more substantial experience than many games but it is often just more frustrating than fun. Setting aside the significant early problems the there are just too many issues to have to deal with. Whether it be people continually spawn killing you for no reason (safe mode doesn’t work as you can still be killed when in a vehicle or when someone runs you over), being unable to join friends missions or online hackers giving themselves millions of dollars and/or making themselves invincible I quickly found I simply couldn’t be bothered with it.

This of course doesn’t detract from the main game, and it could be a good few years until we see anything as ambitious or with such scope on the next gen consoles. Save your money and buy GTA V instead, you won’t regret it.
  51. Jan 22, 2014
    (Entry 2)
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is the second best game of 2013 in my list of favorites do to the massive open world full of mystery and wonder to find as you play as three law braking criminals that come together and pull of bank robbery's and other criminal actions such as grand theft,murder,store robbery's and much more and if this doesn't make you love the game there are other things you
    can do like play tennis go to strip clubs and get drunk off your ass just in one game to when was the last game you've seen that will let you brake in to a military base hijack a jet and then kill every one in the city and parachute in front of you house and then sit down and watch tv tell me come on tell me that's right you can't because you never played a game like this so go now and buy it. Expand
  52. Jan 21, 2014
    Best game I have played!

Ratings:

Graphics: 9/10

Storyline: 7/10

Gameplay: 10/10

Characters: 10/10

Instead of buying a next gen console and replacing it, go ahead and buy this for the next year or two!
  53. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. love the game until the last update that took all my money away that I got legally for online and on story mode dropped my the three guys for me down to one dollar Expand
  54. Jan 18, 2014
    Everything and more!
    Rockstar always goes the extra mile and they've proved it in there new installment GTA V.
    10/10 in every area could be game of the decade.
  55. Jan 18, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a behemoth to worship. It's story, it's characters, it's pure originality makes one of the best videogames ever made. Sure there was a huge mess up with GTA Online, but Rockstar was not prepared for the obvious appreciation of the game. I do agree the game should have been focused on a little longer, but at the same time i'm glad I have it in my hands and can play it with my friends. It will be played for years to come just like GTA IV and I can't wait. 9/10 Excellent. Expand
  56. Jan 17, 2014
    I like the story mode of this game, pretty fun. Trevor was definitely one of the more memorable characters. The online game play was pretty dull. Got bored with it after about a week of gaming. Entertaining but have played much better games.
  57. Jan 16, 2014
    Undoubtedly the best GTA game thus far. The freedom this game gives the player is unmatched and it looks better than GTA4. The characters are entertaining The aiming is shoddy, but this is GTA... The aiming and combat is hardly an emphasis. This game is all about freedom and chaos. Within the first 30 hours of playing this game, I'd have given it a solid 10. There really are no games quite like it. Playing online with a car full of friends, reeking havoc, buying apartments, and customizing cars, was thoroughly fun for a while. I recommend this game to anyone looking for a casual yet chaotic gaming experience that they can enjoy with their friends. It is not the best thing since sliced bread, however this is very fun for a while. Expand
  58. Jan 13, 2014
    GTA 5 is an incredibly well written satire on many subjects including the the American dream and modern Advertising. This is especially found in the commentary on the radio stations, particularly Talk Radio. The satire is brilliant and hilarious, and is with out a doubt my favourite thing about GTA 5. The 3 Characters are very well acted, especially Trevor , but the other two are great as well. Games fun as hell too. I find most people that don't like it, don't get the satire in the game or satire in general. Expand
  59. Jan 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA V Review
    Evan Smith

Millions of gamers around the world lined up outside of stores on September 17th to obtain their brand new copy of Grand Theft Auto five. After years of work, game designers at Rock star Games have put together a masterpiece that as blown away players and fans. The setting takes place mainly in the lively city of Los Santos, San Andreas. Designers molded this metropolis after the well-known city of Los Angeles. Made to be one of the biggest free roaming game landscapes of all time, the land stretches beyond the city into a more desert landscape. Not only is the game space enormous, crisp new graphics bring a new feel to the game. Pinpoint graphic design allows the player to experience the beauty of a true fiery desert sunset right at home. Explosions look exceptionally sharp, and views of the lit up city from a distance bring an ultimately real feel to the gaming experience.
    The story line for GTA 5 follows three separate characters that all have their eye on two things, the rush of crime and the desire for cash. Through out the campaign, the gamer is able to switch to any of these characters at almost anytime. The first character the gamer meets is Franklin, a young man that lives in south Los Santos. This part of the city takes on a more ghetto and crime ridden scene. Franklin works a steady job as a repo man with his bad influence of a friend Lamar. Together they also take on small illegal jobs in order to make some extra cash. Soon enough, Franklin runs into a man named Michel. In the start of the game, Michel is retired from his old job as a professional thief. Living a depressing life in the rich part of the city named Rock Ford hills with his family that constantly bugs him. He spends most days drinking on his back patio by the pool or watching old time movies. When Michel meets Franklin he finds him steeling away his car for a repo job. Understanding of the actions of a thief, Michel takes small time criminal Franklin and shows him the way of a big score job. After their first big cash intake, Michel found his criminal rush again and Franklin learned how to make major coin.
    Michel’s old best friend and partner in crime Trevor believed Michel to be dead after a heist went terribly wrong. His crazy personality brings a lot of humor to the game and makes the story line more exciting. After seeing reports of the big score Michel and Franklin just hit, Trevor can tell it was Michel’s work and goes to Los Santos with revenge in mind. When they first see each other it is awkward at first, but soon enough they fall back into their old partner ship and begin taking on several well thought out heists along with Franklin.
    The game play was redesigned from GTA 4. Taking on heists with the team of three requires the character switch ability. Using this new feature provides a view of the story line from three separate perspectives that keeps players interested with different story lines that slowly intertwine through out the game. This brilliant addition brings a different feel to the game campaign. Instead of taking on jobs solo in the previous game, gamers now are responsible for a team of three. Also, the new weapon switching system provided in the game provides the game play with fast flow and swift gear changes. What used to take forever to find the weapon of choice now takes less than a second.
    My personal favorite new feature added to this game was the ability to suit up cars in any chop shop. With many different choices, customizable options seem to be limitless. Not only can players make cars look sharp but they can also install some of the most powerful engines, top of the line breaks, turbo, and more. Driving in this game is breath taking. With a major change from Liberty City, wheels on cars no longer feel like jelly. Flawless control behind the wheel allows the player to take their driving skill to a new level. During the game players will take on fast street races that could make them a little richer.
    With so much to do in this game from skydiving, to snorkeling, to flying an F16 fighter jet, options are vast. Players can even invest in the stock market to make millions fast. If one is really desperate, they can rob gas stations and liquor stores at the price of being chased by the LSPD. Police in this game compared to the last are extremely ruthless and will search for the player everywhere. Rock Star decided to stick with the star alert system for the police. This simple system has brought an original feeling to each GTA created through out the years. I am glad they decided to keep their traditions that have made the game what it is today.
    The story line evolves perfectly and kept me asking for more constantly. This revolutionary game has set the standards for modern gaming. Its seemingly limitless agenda and vast world can keep the gamer involved for weeks or maybe even months for casual gamers. I Give this game a perfect 10
  60. Jan 13, 2014
    GTA IV, while the drama surrounding the gangster Niko Bellic was dark, serious, and had potential, it was ultimately crushed by boring, repetitive gameplay, all of which is fixed in GTA 5. Los Santos, a parody of Los Angeles, is the main attraction of the game, a world with a huge scale to explore, with lots of stuff to do, like watching movies (even though there´s only three movies), drinking, shopping, hunting (although it´s not as useful as Red Dead Redemption´s hunting) competing with other people in triathlons and racing, playing darts, tennis, golf, owning properties, buying cars, guns, upgrades, and, of course, a fair amount of side quests (Strangers and Freaks), as well as Random Encounters. Oh, and killing innocents. This was a massive improvement from GTA IV, and a technical achievement by Rockstar to make such a disgusting world feel alive. However, what´s not improved is the story. The biggest flaw from the writers of this story is relying too much on Trevor, as if that psychopath was the star of the game: he´s not. Michael was stealing the show from the beginning, and while he´s sometimes a bit of a douche, I felt that he could be redeemed from his past behaviour, unlike Trevor, who I disliked playing as him during the main missions or in Free Roam. As for Franklin, there´s barely any character development for him! He´s a gangster living in a bad neighborhood with jackass friends and a crazy aunt, and... that´s pretty much it. Sections of his life can be revealed if you hang out with him, but I wished Rockstar fleshed him out in the main story. Now, the main missions are lots of fun, with a ton of dialogue exchange, and switching to the three characters made the gunplay feel unique, and there´s a lot of variation in the missions, but because that, it was hard to take the story seriously like GTA IV was. Despite it´s flaws, Michael was entertaining all the way, and this game was tons of fun, although I don´t think it deserves Game of the Year. That belongs to The Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite. Overall, a solid game. Expand
  61. Jan 12, 2014
    This is my pro/con review of GTA V: Pros: - Really funny script - Really fun gameplay - D@*m fun story - Long playtime - Controls are fantastic (Except for rare occasions where the gunplay sucks.) - Graphics that are almost next gen level, on current gen. Cons: - But unfortunately i was disappointed in the amount of side activities that you can do. (Imo GTA IV had more side activities.)
    - There's only 3 or 4 heists you can do. (although the ones you do are really fun.)
    - GTA Online is a disappointment, don't get me wrong, it is fun too. Just nowhere near as much fun as i thought it was going to be.
    - I thought the soundtrack mostly sucked (It has mostly rap, and i hate rap. The soundtrack they made for the game though is really good.)

Overall I really loved this game, but it was a slight disappointment. I put over 40 hours into it, but some of those hours were spent being bored, because you don't really have much to do, at the end of the day I really recommend it, but if you were expecting it to have lots of stuff to do, be prepared to get slightly disappointed.
  62. Jan 11, 2014
    Don't get me wrong, this is a great game. Is it the hail almighty best fuc**** game ever? No.
    There's a lot of repetition within missions, and 2 of the 3 characters are very, VERY cliche. I ended up face palming many of the writer's lines.
    I would wait until the price goes to around 30-40$.
  63. Jan 11, 2014
    I was never a gta fan until this game, once I started playing I kept playing. I really enjoyed the story mode an the multiplayer definitely deserves game of the year and I hope for future dlc. YOU ROCK ROCKSTAR!!!!!
  64. Jan 11, 2014
    This game is fantastic!
    I mean, I've never played other GTA series before and I decided to play GTA 5 because my boyfriend told me it's amazing.
    So I bought it and tried to play it and it was the best decision I've ever made in my life.
    Just like assassin's creed 2, GTA 5 changed my life.
    The atmosphere is so lively so realistic, and I felt like I was actually inside that world

amazing plot, character ( Michael is so cute) and everything u could ever imagine from the BEST VIDEO GAME
    I don't know how I could describe it in a better way, kinda speechless, just buy it now if u still haven't played it yet and I can assure u that you'll never regret it
    AMAZING!
  65. Jan 9, 2014
    This is Rockstar doing what they do best but I feel they didn't push the boundaries as much as they have in the past. They have such a good record with innovation and fun that expectations were very high and I don't believe they were met, I mean where is the jet pack? The online service does give Rockstar the opportunity to add things and this could help the game stand the test of time and also really let the players loose with new toys, like a jet pack! Overall I believe this game misses out on a 10 because, for me, there was a real lack of colourful characters to do missions for and I don't believe the story campaign was as long as previous instalments, saying that, the improvements they have made since gta4 make the game just as fun as any other gta and is well worth owning. Expand
  66. Jan 7, 2014
    This is the best game I have ever played, the story is great, and hilarious, and the side missions are just great, for example strangers and freaks. But it's not only the missions and the side missions, the map is huge so it's awesome just cruising in a muscle all around los santos. This game should get a WAY better score then it does.
  67. Jan 6, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is great game. The story is good, the characters are well built, the possibilities are enormous, but the main thing that keep remind me that this is one of the best gaming experience is the incredible world in which we play. The map is big, the different areas are breath taking and the world is so alive. That is what makes Grand Theft Auto 5 unique.
  68. Jan 6, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a gaming achievement on such a scale it occurs rarely. Most everything about this game was well done and enjoyable, there were only some small and unsubstantial gripes I have. To start, the story writing is worlds ahead from what it was ten years ago in good ol' San Andreas. The story is not as dramatic or engaging as it was in GTA IV but it is still well written and entertaining, and there are some parts that made me feel genuine emotion, something that never really happened in GTA IV. The dialogue is all great, the three main characters are voiced superbly, along with the supporting characters and even minor characters and regular civilians. The cherry on top is the lip-synching, it is wonderfully done all around. Next, the gameworld is something spectacular, it is absolutely huge, every time you buy a new rockstar game and are amazed at the game world, you won't be disappointed this time. The city itself is massive, and well done, though i have to say that West coast U.S cities are not as good a setting as the more crowded and older east coast cities are. The rural areas stretch on and on there is so much to explore and see, but honestly you'll see most of it going 90 MPH on a dirt bike. There are also a nice couple of country towns and activities as well. The graphics of the game are better that the predecessor but are a little disappointing, though I think it is because of the ancient hardware it was released on. There is so much extra content besides the awesome story missions, you have stranger missions, you have sky diving and races and much much more. The story is slightly shorter but the missions are less repetitive and more imaginative than in GTA IV. Almost all gameplay elements have been greatly improved and are much better now. There Isn't must bad to say about this game but it has it's flaws so i think it deserves a 9 out of 10. Expand
  69. Jan 6, 2014
    This game is one of the most coolest and best games I ever played it contains the same fun and extra fun from vice city. It has limitless fun and epic action and stunt scenes and the character development is highly appreciable. It has so much of fun, action and epic adventure. Defiantly worth of buying it.
  70. Jan 5, 2014
    Look, I'm a fan. I'm also a parent. A very lax one, sometimes to my kids' detriment as was the case with this game. I bought this for my teenaged+ kids for Christmas, and I don't think I could have made a bigger mistake.

The game itself is flawless. Smooth. Realism. Great looking. Great gameplay.

The content is unforgivably offensive, to the point that a liberal like me- who
    leaps to the defense of the industry and rails against ratings and censorship online- I think I made a huge mistake as a parent. The good news? My kids came to me, because I get a little uptight with them when we buy a full priced new game and they either don't play it or blast through the main story on easy in a week, they came to me and told me they were too uncomfortable with the content to play it anymore. They did. I took a look at what was on by big ol' high def television, and all I can say is that it would have deserved a "XXX" rating in any other media genre. Disgusting.

Profane. Racist. Violent in an anti-social and stomach-churning way. And some of the content is flat out pornography. Not even good pornography. The content reflects a version of "reality" that made each and every one of us ill, and now this game is going to Game Stop as a trade-in ASAP.

Everyone seems to be in a big hurry to praise this game (and as usual you wonder how many reviewers actually played the WHOLE game, how many are mindless zombie fans, and how many are being paid for positive reviews), but Rockstar has gone way, way too far this time. Far enough that I'm flaming this game. Far enough that I'm going to become a supporter of game content censorship. Good work, guys. You turned me into a conservative on this matter. Far enough that I will not buy another Rockstar title ever again (I'm a PC gamer, anyway so no loss there for me. I'm sick of Rockstar's console developer suck-up anyway.)

When the conservative folk want to censor an industry everyone complains. Everyone, including me. We definitely don't need game developers giving ammunition to the many folk that would love to see the whole thing go away. But, like I said, now I'm a supporter of censorship thanks to this one. Of course, the censorship will go too far one day also- but this industry will have no one to blame but themselves (actually, blame Rockstar.)

This is a vile, repugnant, profane game wrapped in brilliant programming and technology. Shame on Rockstar games. Shame on them for following up Red Dead Redemption with this pile of garbage. Parents, trust me-from a liberal parent- keep this one out of your kids' hands.
  71. Jan 4, 2014
    Anyone who bought the game for GTA: O should reflect upon their lives.

The plot is full of tropes but the performances given by the entire cast are rock solid. GTA V is encrusted with crude dialogue and ultra violent scenarios. Everyone knows what the GTA formula consists of. This time around, it's Los Santos which steals the show. The attention to detailed is unparallelled. GTA V has
    rendered every other open world game, including it's own installments, obsolete. It is peerless. Expand
  72. Jan 3, 2014
    Masterpiece. Only word to describe the game.

The graphics are beautiful, gameplay is completly playable, characters have emotions, a character, a behaviour. This giant open world map makes the game even more better. Wide selection of vehicles, weapons, races... The game has one problem. The Online has connection issues. But, regardless, game of the year.
  73. Jan 2, 2014
    can be a good game, just cheats a lot against me in most missions. swears a lot and consists of a lot of funny comments, just lets itself down with the cheating.
  74. Jan 1, 2014
    Well to start off GTA V is a great game, there is no argument. Although I do feel uneasy about it sometimes. GTA V's single player has been completely revamped to include 3 different protagonist which I dislike. The single player was not as hard hitting or well written like the other GTA's. I feel like the 3 protagonist took away from a usually great, lengthily, and well written single player. I't just doesn't come to par with the other games like Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV. I'm a sucker for a good written single player experience but rockstar didn't deliver this time. I felt very disconnected from the characters unable to create any relationship during all the switching. Very short experience for both the 3 characters and I was very upset that I didn't get to spend more time with all of them. GTA V's gameplay is top notch and the best yet, but needless to say the single player is what impacts me and frankly It didn't rub off on me like GTA IV. I will still play but I constantly try to make myself like the game but I just can't. I have to say what nobody would but for me at least, GTA IV and San Andreas were better. Expand
  75. Jan 1, 2014
    GTA V is a game where you can do whatever you want and that makes this game so enjoyable.
    Not only the big world and the big action scenes are outstanding. Also the characters of GTA V are outstanding. Franklin is a person that usually does repo jobs and he lives in the ghetto's. Franklin is the most comparable with CJ from GTA: San Andreas. Michael is more a business guy, who acts like a
    the maffia. He's the leader of the crew. Michael is most comparable with Toni Cipriani from GTA: Liberty city stories. Trevor however is a new type of character and in most people's views the best character of GTA V. Trevor is a psychopath. His mind isn't stable and he rages about the smallest things. The best point about the characters is that they fit each other and Rockstar wasn't afraid to take some risk by asking some moral questions about trust and loyalty though-out the game. Trevor and Michael aren't pretty often on the same page what results in a big argument and that gives us some hilarity. Franklin always tries to bring the peace back, but that doesn't always happen. However the story is great and there is plenty of things to do in GTA V as well as in GTA online. Expand
  76. Dec 31, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V pushes the boundaries of what a game can do, especially on such dated hardware. The game is beautiful, the map is huge, and the world is fun to traverse. Tons of different activities ensure many hours of playtime, and none of these activities ever fail to be boring.
  77. Dec 31, 2013
    A great game, I really had fun with it and after 80 hours of playing it, I want more, I hope there is going to be a free DLC or so because I feel like the story wasn't that long and that a lot of places aren't open (Casino,...).
  78. Dec 30, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. It is Rockstar's crown jewel and the best of the Grand Theft Auto games in my opinion. I highly recommend this game but I don't recommend it for young kids.
  79. Dec 30, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is one of the best games ever made from the Amazing story to the wide array of things to do that will keep you busy for hours. This game is worth every cent and dollar and will not disappoint at alln
  80. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the best games of this generation the game is just so so sexy fresh.. It was a breath taking experience a very immersiveexperience in the city of Los santos if you don't buy this game...your missing out. Can't believe there is negative votes here 100% fan boys of other games..
  81. Dec 28, 2013
    Simply awe inspiring...........................................................................................................................................................................................................
  82. Dec 28, 2013
    Legit I'm lost for words this I probably one of the best games you will ever play the graphics sometimes are stunningly beautiful, the A.I is good the gameplay is amazing tons of fun and I'm telling you this game in the future is going to be legendary, even though the the online mode is a bit clunky but if you haven't got this game then THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE AND BUY IT NOW!!! Expand
  83. Dec 27, 2013
    Tons of single player gameplay and beautiful visuals, some of the best GTA missions I have played, and a story that was well done. The problem with this game is the online portion. Repetitive missions, exploiters and hackers have already invaded the game so there's no point in grinding jobs anymore, and the bad sport system. Don't get me wrong, GTA online is a fun experience with friends in freemode, but missions have overpowering A.I, races have slipstream, an deathmatches offer little reward and no one to play with. This does little to bring down a single player experience that offers plenty of replay value. Expand
  84. Dec 26, 2013
    Gta 5 is hand down one of the best games ever made! Grand Theft Auto V will not fail to disappoint you
    The city of Los Santos is beautiful no question about it.
    Everything from 2008's Grand Theft Auto IV has been improved for Grand Theft Auto V in Gta 5 rockstar has done one of the greatest, thing in gaming history not just add 1 character but adding 3!
    Michael Franklin and Trevor all 3
    have their own personalities Michael is a professional bank robber who retired in Los Santos want to know why? Go buy the game to see. Franklin a guy who is trying, to separate from the hood.
    And then Trevor a crazy,Hilarious psycho all you need to know without getting into spoilers.
    each character has a special ability.
    Michael has slow motion shooting
    Franklin has Slow motion driving
    and Trevor has rampage
    the last time i gave perfect score to a game was 5 years ago with Grand Theft Auto IV
  85. Dec 25, 2013
    I'd say GTA V is the most over-rated game of 2013. Yeah, the map is big, graphics are good for a GTA game, lots of thing to do, excellent (not) online and so on. But it's a GTA guys. It feels like one, and does the same mistakes every GTA does (and even more of new ones). It's a good GTA game. That's it. Falls short.
  86. Dec 24, 2013
    A great comeback for the series after what I believed to be a largely disappointing 4th installment, alot of improvements made and I had a blast from start to finish.

I didn't find alot of replay value in it however and after I completed the story found no reason to go back.
  87. Dec 23, 2013
    A lot of fun! So much to do, so many places to explore this game is worth they money. It's a little bit disappointing that Rockstar made this game PS3 and Xbox 360 in mind consoles that are at the end of their life. Had they made the graphics and all PS4 in mind this would be a full 10/10 game! Still, I'll be getting this for my PC later when it comes out. Solid action game.
  88. Dec 22, 2013
    Familiar with the GTA series? Then you sort of know what to expect quite frankly; this installment of the popular series doesn't exactly put anything astronomically new on the table. Generally it's a fun game, strengths and weaknesses that have been seen in prior productions, but what really bums me out and lowers the score quite a bit is the online portion. The game's called Grand Theft Auto for christ's sake, with guns and drugs and stolen cars and prostitutes galore, and yet it's become saddled with this "Bad Sport" system. In a nutshell, this pain in the ass addition punishes players for behavior seen as misconduct i.e. blowing up cars/running into people/etc.) by throwing them into a lobby separate from the main server, where gameplay is limited. It's like some slap on the wrist to try and hinder the 9 year olds and frustrate the hell out of older players with its redundancy. Worst part of it is that you don't even have to be the one initiating the 'trouble' for example, I've found myself wearing the Dunce cap when other online players run into my car (and ultimately blowing up their own cars) on purpose which somehow in turn pins the blame on my player and sends him hurtling into the void which is the Bad Sport lobby. Perhaps a more fundamental problem to it all is the damn cloud server. My character's been deleted several times thanks to the game failing to connect properly. All of my gripes are of course irrelevant to gamers who have no interest in the online portion of the game have at it, the rest of it works more or less alright. I know, it's just a game, but jeez louise; I dunno if it was worth the money considering how much time has been spent in frustration over this particular title. Expand
  89. Dec 22, 2013
    There are a lot of fake votes with really bad scores for this game. Truth be told, this game is a crowning achievement in the medium. Few games feature as much detail, as much varied gameplay, and as much polish as does GTA V. The missions finally feel fresh and new. Gone are pointless and repetitive missions that plagued the previous games. Gone is the terrible checkpoint system (or lack thereof). What you get with your purchase is around 25 hours of single player story and many more with the online mutliplayer. This game is a masterpiece. Is it perfect? Of course not. No game is. However, anyone that tells you that this game is bad, is either kidding themselves, or has an agenda. Expand
  90. Dec 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome please let kids have this game. Gta is a big fun sandbox but it is just like real life but in a game. I really injoyed this game THANKS ROCKSTAR games if yon denned ediuhcbedcjhbrejhdbiduihrfbjfohrhfiohrbfjrfbrijhfbrhubruffhbrfirbfhhirfbrihjfuichbrefhdhfhhrrhrhegggggggghkwqlherofighnrcrfihrgbfiburhgfireucycfgreunsdnhjwkoxfhecdijchfggfejjdgtm,xmjejgbbenxhsbshdnsgsfxhdjshxh Expand
  91. Dec 20, 2013
    The economy for GTA Online is disgustingly broken. This one fact overshadows the main story, and everything else. If I spend $60 on a game, I should not be shamelessly encouraged to dish out more for virtual cash. But that's what they do unfortunately... The prices for garages, apartments and cars are extremely outrageous. Well, unless you want a scummy-ass garage or apartment, you'll be paying an upwards of 400,000 in-game money. You also pay like a 50 to 200 in-game money hospital bill everytime you die, which is extremely annoying and pretty much forces you to buy the money packs if you want an enjoyable experience. The players online will show you no mercy, and I have been pointlessly gunned down for scraps of cash many times. There's passive mode which stops you from being shot or beat to death on foot, but it's literally useless because people can still run you over or kill you in your vehicle. The players that are dumb enough to pay real money for virtual money, will have tanks, helicopters, planes, you name it... They all exploit the power of the vehicles too, mercilessly gunning less privileged players down. This one player was even crying on the microphone because these idiots kept killing him and took all his money... That's really sad, but I guess that's the kind of image Rockstar wants to portray. It disgusts me and I will most likely never purchase a Rockstar product again.

Bottom line: Micro-transactions don't belong in $60 games. Anyone who supports the idea of them being in retail games is a power-hungry douchebag.
  92. Dec 19, 2013
    Absolutely the first GTA since San Andreas that I can't find a fault in, just awesome game and only complaint is the radio isn't quite as good as I thought it would be. Characters are well thought out but I do miss the Celebrity Cameos but I'll forgive that, worth the wait!!!!
  93. Dec 18, 2013
    To start with the good the single player campaign is amazingly well written and varied. The characters are great, and you really get connected to them as you play. Online is also often a lot of fun (when it works.)

The bad: To buy all the properties in campaign you need something like 300 times the amount of money you'd accumulate during a normal game if you hadn't spent a dime on
    anything else.

The worst: Online is completely broken. Rockstar is trying to make an IAP-based online game so they continually reduce payouts for the majority of activities. On top of this, they also refuse to balance out the tank, which every cheater immediately bought, and which is the only weapon (outside of the sniper rifle) to have hitscan shells, on top of being able to literally outrun any RPG or grenade launcher round shot at it even within a range for 30-50 feet!

Even worse: The matchmaking simply doesn't work, you will spend possibly as much time in an evening trying to get into a game and staring at loading screens over and over and over, then you will actually playing the game unless you play for many many hours at a stretch and never leave a lobby once you find one. Forget getting together with your friends entirely.
  94. Dec 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played GTA 5 and I also can not give it a perfect score. For graphics it is amazing and I'd give it a perfect score and there is a lot of things you can do and see. The reason I can not say this is the best game or give it a perfect score as the reasoning follows. The story is weak and at times, pointless and sent on wild goose chases for no reason and no pay off other than shooting and driving fast. The stock market really has no reason to be up unless its being used briefly in the story. Why have things for sale for 30 million or 150 million when there is really no way to make any money to that magnitude If your not playing the story or the side missions, it just becomes boring. In some ways the game was done sloppy as minor things were over looked. For example what is the purpose to have silencers on weapons when it makes no difference on reactions with cops It seems that their were some really good ideas to create this game, but for some reason ideas were not completed. Another example, why is it you can buy parachutes but not scuba gear and you probably use scuba gear as much or more than parachutes Perhaps having the ability to create heists and enter more buildings and make money that is equal to the expenses When the game has things costing up to 150million and on a good day the most you can make robbing a armored car is 5k that gets boring real quick Why does it speak about how fast a car can go but you can't see your MPH That kinda makes car information pointless ..
    Again, it seems really good ideas were thought to create this game but not completed .

- IF- awesome graphics was the only thing I look for in a game, then I would say this is a perfect game.
    After owning this game 14 days and completing the story, I'm burned out and looking to sell the game.
    I'm huge fan of free roaming games, but this not Red Dead Redemption or Sky Rim by far and disappointed
  95. Dec 17, 2013
    Please note THIS IS A EXPEREMENT to see how people react to the review; nothing im saying is actually true becouse of the 150 character minimum. here is my fake review: "this is the crappyest game i have EVER played, bad ai, all you do i rob banks and kill people
  96. Dec 17, 2013
    This game is so much fun. The characters are fantastic, the world will blow your mind and the Online may not be as good as the single-player, but is still really fun. BUY IT, NOW.
  97. Dec 17, 2013
    VERY LINEAR missions and progression. Just a huge theme park to drive arround, it's fun, but when you're forced to torture a guy with multiple tools, I just turned off the console and never played it again.
  98. Dec 16, 2013
    I'm not a hardcore gamer. To tell the truth, I barely play games (besides Legend of Zelda ones). But GTA V is a game which I decided to spend my time and money on and man... It was worth it.
    It's not a flawless game, it have some fails, freedom is kinda restricted (you cannot use your weapons at the stripclubs), it had some tedious missions and some bugs (mainly on online mode), but it
    have an awesome plot, well developed and cativating characters and lots of humor. And obviously, awesome graphics and soundtrack.

So let's go to what interest us:

Controls: 10/10 Easy to master and effective.
    Graphics: 10/10
    Sound: 9/10 (it has awesome radios and sometimes epic scores start to play while you make missions ore something, but I still think that some soundtrack to be played while on foot, or something, would be awesome, like if you were listening to music with your iFruit)
    Gameplay: 7/10. Seriously, many missions seems like "filing" and the world could be much more opened and free. Sometimes I think what would happen if they sacrificed some of the graphics to make a biggest or deepest world. It's kinda frustating to have a smaller overworld than GTA San Andreas and less freedom than I have on it. However, the 3 character scheme, some missions and online features made the score grow up a little.
    Story: 10/10

Overall: 9/10. An awesome game, with awesome graphics, awesome ideas and an awesome story that fails in some missions and lacks on innovation.
  99. Dec 16, 2013
    GTA V is a great game but like most titles it had its flaws, first off this is the first GTA game i have enjoyed the story mode through to the end, yes its not perfect but its still a lot of fun. A lot of the gameplay mechanics have also been improved with the aiming and cover pulled straight from Max Payne 3 expect responsive and well controlled gun fights through out. The 3 player mechanic is a good feature but didn't find my self swapping in missions unless forced to and each characters (except trevors) ability were fun to use in the open world, the open world itself is really well designed especially los Santos but yet around 20-25% of the map felt useless and under used especially in the missions. Most of the missions were enjoyable and the heists were outstanding but for a game that focuses on them,there were not many in the game. Online is still a mess with everything focusing on money (which is tough to earn) and the terrible economy system implemented with it makes it become a mess not to mention the terrible online mission design that just makes every session more and more boring.
    overall it is a fantastic game that is worth buying despite its issues, ignore some of the 10 scores as they are over selling how good this game is, the Metacritic user score (8.1 at time of review) is where it belongs.
  100. Dec 16, 2013
    i'll start with the good in this game before i get to the bad.
    The driving mechanic is very polished and well refined in this game. it doesn't feel like a chore to drive to the next mission...Yep, that's all i can commend it for. The campaign makes you feel dirty after playing it, the characters have no redeemable qualities whatsoever. Most of the side missions follow this formula, drive
    to far off location, talk to character, drive to another location, make a sexual joke, kill someone/steal something, finish mission. The soundtrack had me begging for it to stop after i head about the 500th Dr.dre song seven hours into the game. the shooting mechanic works, but is far from perfect. WHY THE HELL DID THEY MAP THE RELOAD BUTTON TO THE TOGGLE CINEMATIC VIEW BUTTON WHILE DRIVING??? The story was largely dismissible, with your characters (especially trevor) looking like sex addicts by the end of the game. i do like the map size, but most of the map is useless. the AI are retarded and might as well be committing DUI 100% of the time. i'm serious, i consistently get rammed by people who don't stop at stop signs or turn left on red. All in all i'd much rather play almost any other game besides this. Expand

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.