8.1

1. Sep 18, 2013
    Simply the best game on this generation. Its so much fun to play this game, it never gets boring and you can do everything and anything! Best GTA ever, and probably the best game ever. You just must have it! There’s no better time than this to use the word masterwork: Rockstar did a colossal job creating a huge, visually stunning world chiseled in its finest details, populated by brilliantSimply the best game on this generation. Its so much fun to play this game, it never gets boring and you can do everything and anything! Best GTA ever, and probably the best game ever. You just must have it! There’s no better time than this to use the word masterwork: Rockstar did a colossal job creating a huge, visually stunning world chiseled in its finest details, populated by brilliant characters and with highly spectacular and varied gameplay. the city is spectaular and massive it would take solid days to explore, i just cant stress enough how amazing this game is, five years well spent i say! Expand
  2. Sep 18, 2013
    First of all, the main reason this game is getting over 100 negative user reviews is probably because of PC "master racers" who are pissed that for once the consoles got this GLORIOUS game before they did (to them, I say get over it; you'll get a half assed PC port soon enough that you can mod the living daylights out of eventually. Shut up and let us enjoy our 360s and PS3s for onceFirst of all, the main reason this game is getting over 100 negative user reviews is probably because of PC "master racers" who are pissed that for once the consoles got this GLORIOUS game before they did (to them, I say get over it; you'll get a half assed PC port soon enough that you can mod the living daylights out of eventually. Shut up and let us enjoy our 360s and PS3s for once without you all over yourselves). That said, this is also one of the few times I'd give a game a perfect score: there is so much to do in this game, there is so much detail in this world and every single object in it (buildings, cars, people, the writing; it just goes on), and I've yet to find a single activity that I haven't enjoyed (aside from a slightly annoying GPS and menu system). Is for mature audiences? Yes. Is used so often in conversation that white people are going to have to retrain themselves for when it's acceptable to use that word? OH yes. Is it also something that demands your respect, and that you can tell Rockstar poured their souls into making it as good as possible? YES. And with GTA Online coming two weeks from the original release (and time of writing), I highly doubt that gamers are going to stop talking about this anytime soon. Expand
  3. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is so freaking good. Its pathetic of some people to rate this game low because it's not on pc yet, basically they havent played it. I will get this game on pc if it makes its way onto it however it is not a reason to rate it low.
  4. Sep 18, 2013
    Absolutely amazing gameplay, story is great and gameplay in Los Santos last forever it seems and this is all in just single player, I can't wait for the online portion to come out. Great Game Rockstar!!! Worth every penny!!
  5. Sep 18, 2013
    After playing this game for 10 minutes i couldnt help but fondle my nuts. Me and ma boi Jow also known as hottdawg hit up da streetz itz da 1 tym. If you like Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance, you will love this game. Fantastic local couch play with 1-4 players. Its nice to find another game in this genre combining the local co-op again. So much loot and monsters to kill; its never ending fun
  6. Sep 19, 2013
    This is a 10 rating to balance out the idiotic 0 star reviews from jealous PC users. Go win some hats in TF2 and piss off with your unfair reviews. Game gets a 10 obviously, best game of the year.
  7. Sep 18, 2013
    Best game i ever played in my entire life! story is really amazing gameplay is straight out amazing there's not is enough words that can describe on how amazing this game really is. i give it a 10/10 Best Game Of The Decade
  8. Sep 18, 2013
    One of the greatest games I've played in my life. The massive scale of the world along with the story make for a ridiculous amount of things to do. How can people say that they added nothing new? The three character story is something I haven't seen before and makes for a dynamic story. the improved shooting and driving makes the game feel so much better than gta4.
  9. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is absolutely phenomenal. If you thought GTA IV was an amazing game, you'll think GTA V is an absolute masterpiece. The GTA world in this game is huge and never ending. I swear you could drive for hours and hours at a time and still have plenty of areas to explore. I have played GTA V for about 20 hours total and I have yet to even scratch the surface of this game.
  10. Sep 17, 2013
    If you're worried that this might be another over-hyped release of a sub-par product, coasting on the success of its big-name predecessors as is all too common these days you can rest easy: if you like any of the previous GTAs, you will love this. It has everything it should and more, taking the best elements of the core mechanics and plot from GTA 4 and re-adding (and improving further)If you're worried that this might be another over-hyped release of a sub-par product, coasting on the success of its big-name predecessors as is all too common these days you can rest easy: if you like any of the previous GTAs, you will love this. It has everything it should and more, taking the best elements of the core mechanics and plot from GTA 4 and re-adding (and improving further) the vast array of peripheral activities and huge non-linear world to get lost in.

And if you're new to the series, this is a great game in its own right. At it's core, it's just really fun to play, whether you're driving around the countryside aimlessly or getting sucked into one of the many, varied plot strands.

All of the mechanics and graphics have been polished to death. I actually can't imagine a game looking better on the Xbox, and the physics feel like a hyper-fun version of reality, which is exactly as it should be. It's super-accessible with just the right dash of realism to keep it grounded.

There are too many features and improvements to describe in full here, but in a nutshell:

- Really fun core mechanics.
    - Gorgeous, huge, painstakingly crafted world to explore
    - Absorbing plots and varied missions
    - Ridiculous number of sub-games, tasks and activities, woven seamlessly into the core game
    - Genuinely funny, satirical undertone to everything

At time of posting this has a user score of 8.0, which is criminally low for a game which is about as good as I can imagine there being on the Xbox. Wanting a PC release because you know this is a good game is not a reason to give this 0/10 in the Xbox section, dummy.
  11. Sep 18, 2013
    The journey of the three protagonists and their pursuit of the dollar in the beautiful, sun-drenched state of San Andreas is a breath taking experience. Quite simply put, this is the best video game I have played for the current generation of consoles.
  12. Sep 18, 2013
    I have to say this game is amazing so far. Im about 8 missions into the game and the dialogue has had me laughing at every conversation. The map is outstanding as well. With so much to explore im definitely not going to be doing homework for a while. I would like to address the complaints about the fps rate and the textures
    People we are playing on 7 year old hardware. Amazingly enough
    People we are playing on 7 year old hardware. Amazingly enough the game isnt freezing on me with the outstanding graphics.
    Another thing is people complaining about it not being corely for the pc. Theres obviously a reason and its MONEY! Its basically a no brainer to core it for xbox and playstation. I dont blame them. I have a monster pc and i would personally rather play this on the xbox then pc. (my opinion)

Overall this game is outstanding and i cant wait for the sleepless nights and skipped classes.
  13. Sep 18, 2013
    Anyone that is giving this game a poor score is a complete deluded hipster, this game is an absolute masterpiece and i've only been playing it for one day!! It looks amazing, it's so funny, some of the videos had me in stitches especially lamar. The cars drive properly and everywhere you go there is something going on it feels like a real world. Hats off to rockstar for not sellingAnyone that is giving this game a poor score is a complete deluded hipster, this game is an absolute masterpiece and i've only been playing it for one day!! It looks amazing, it's so funny, some of the videos had me in stitches especially lamar. The cars drive properly and everywhere you go there is something going on it feels like a real world. Hats off to rockstar for not selling themselves out with false promises becuase this delivers on every aspect. Expand
  14. Sep 19, 2013
    I would like to make a few things clear about this game, If you see anyone on here that says "THE GRAPHICS ARE TERRIBLE" or "THE LOAD TIMES OMG" are just lying or have a ps3. Im not bashing the ps3 but there has been a confirmed texture glitch on ps3.

Ive only had to load a few times the whole time ive played the game once when I installed the game and once when you load your saves, there is NO LOAD TIMES BETWEEN, BEFORE OR AFTER CUTSCENES and who ever says that is lying about it. There are load times between character switching but the switching was faster than loading a mutiplayer map on an FPS.

The city is bigger than liberty city it feels even bigger than the Orignal Los santos we say in gta san. If someone is telling you that the city is "small" and "not as big as the other cities" is lying to you. I know this because the first time I saw the map I thought the city looked small myself when I got there I clearly saw I was wrong. Ive been playing for 10 hours now and I still havent seen all the city or even touched the wilderness areas.
    There isnt much to say about the graphics, there are a lot more effects and sun flares, the game looks better, the cars look better, everything just looks better.

There are some bad things though...I did have a major frame rate drop while I was playing, It happened once but It was HORRIABLE, I dropped down to what felt like less than 10 frames for no reason what so ever. also if you look at the shadows too closely you can clearly see choppy and distorted shadows.

Gameplay; The game play in this game feels....ok I guess, it isnt max payne which a lot of us were hoping for but it does get the job done, driving feels great.....shooting on the other hand just doesnt feel like it has the beefy impacts as gtaiv or max payne or even red dead have, but this doesnt effect scores since that is just a cosmetic effect. Another problem I have about the game play is the specials each character gets; Micheal can slow down time while shooting max payne style, frank can slow down time while driving which also allows him to handle better and trevor can deal more damage while taking less., but the thing is Micheals just doesnt work or feel good it slows down time but it also slows you so much it doesnt even matter. Trevors is just hard to notice. But frank on the other hand feels good yet overpowered because of one thing, Frank can slow down time while in a car which means if hes doing drive bys he gets THE SAME EFFECT AS MICHEAL JUST IN A CAR! so basically frank gets two benefits while the others only get one.

This game is not for everyone, If you dont like open worlds which have dense cities and open country sides you will not like this game, this game is a lot of driving and a lot of story which your average fps fan would not care for. Me personally I love the game, I love its openness I love the look and its just nice to see a new gta game, It also *SLIGHT SPOILER* has some pretty wacky moments that compare with saints row. but the thing is you have to know where to go to see these and you have to be willing to explore and find stuff your self and not be afraid of what might happen.

A break down and final word: Graphics are nothing to worry about, Top notch graphics and only one major frame drop so far, which is great compared to other games this gen.
    Gameplay is fun but no real learning curve.
    Im giving it a 10/10 just because the things I mentioned are not game breaking what so ever,...

Oh and one last thing, people complaining about draw distance and the roads need to remember that the city is based off of LA, A city which does have 6 lane super highways and smog so dense you cant see the horizen. and heres a little tip.... The game DOESNT have poor draw distance, its literally the smog just like in real LA. this smog doesnt show up at night or in the country side, so anyone who is saying the game has draw distance clearly has never been to LA or seen real pictures besides the ones we see on TV of a clear clean LA. LA IS SMOGGY and the game shows it like that.
  15. Sep 17, 2013
    First review and first time being on the site. It is really amazing how many immature babies are on here "reviewing" the game. No wonder PC players get a bad wrap when you have a small amount of ppl who act like complete kindergartners. I always hear how they are happy to be playing on PC because they don't have to deal with lil kids playing COD and screaming on the mics but wow you guysFirst review and first time being on the site. It is really amazing how many immature babies are on here "reviewing" the game. No wonder PC players get a bad wrap when you have a small amount of ppl who act like complete kindergartners. I always hear how they are happy to be playing on PC because they don't have to deal with lil kids playing COD and screaming on the mics but wow you guys seem to act like the same lil kids. Giving the game a 0 because its not on PC yet lmao, how sad.

Game deserves all the praise it gets. Easily the best GTA game Rockstar has made, they have improved in every way from GTA 4. The gunplay, the melee combat, the driving, THE WORLD. From jump you automatically see how much more beautiful and different Los Santos is from Liberty City. Still have so much more to play,.

I'm giving it a 10/10 and we still have GTA Online in a few weeks. Could easily go up to 11.
  16. Sep 18, 2013
    It is certainly the MOTHER OF ALL GAMES. The game of the century, that's until GTA 6 comes out but this is definitely the BEST game on earth.The graphics are amazing and the feel of the game play especially when driving is fantastic. There is so much detail about every small little thing! Rockstar have been making amazing games and this a BLOCKBUSTER.
  17. Sep 17, 2013
    This is by far the best of all the GTAs. driving is smoother more responsive, shooting is somewhat improved the reticle could've been thought out a little more. I think the map should of been transparent and blown up in the top middle of the screen when driving, so you can focus on your driving. Awesome game.
  18. Sep 17, 2013
    Not sure why this has a low userscore, must be SR or old GTA trolls but this game is THE best open world game out there.

Its like SA on massive roids, so much more than a hd remake. 10/10 One small note is that gta online isnt out yet so its a shame we have to wait 2 weeks for that but its going to be awesome i am sure. PS3 version is flawless not one bug and runs 30fps+ 720p

Its like SA on massive roids, so much more than a hd remake.

PS3 version is flawless not one bug and runs 30fps+ 720p native which is VERY good for a gta game on any platform
  19. Sep 17, 2013
    I had to make an account just for this game and its underrated user score. This game is a perfect 10, one of the best games I've played in my life and infinitely better than Gta IV that i never could smother up the interest too finish. Game world is full of small details that bring the world to life, the characters are lively, believable and very well built. Trevor is one of the mostI had to make an account just for this game and its underrated user score. This game is a perfect 10, one of the best games I've played in my life and infinitely better than Gta IV that i never could smother up the interest too finish. Game world is full of small details that bring the world to life, the characters are lively, believable and very well built. Trevor is one of the most memorable characters in the history of gaming, Humor does not fall flat. Game play elements are excellent and no mission has bored me. But the DETAILS. That's what is key. I watched a whole episode of Fame or Shame in-game. Thats how deep GTA V sucked me in Expand
  20. Sep 17, 2013
    .........................................WHY ARE YOU GUYS/LADIES reading my review? You should be BUYING THIS GAME and playing it RIGHT NOW! My review is very simple.. the graphics are...REALISTIC AND PHENOMENAL! The story is EPIC, the gameplay is legendary, the missions are fun, and there is just so much innovation in this game. The Microtransactions are not the GREATEST idea in the world.........................................WHY ARE YOU GUYS/LADIES reading my review? You should be BUYING THIS GAME and playing it RIGHT NOW! My review is very simple.. the graphics are...REALISTIC AND PHENOMENAL! The story is EPIC, the gameplay is legendary, the missions are fun, and there is just so much innovation in this game. The Microtransactions are not the GREATEST idea in the world but at least it is not FORCED upon gamers unlike some games (EA). This game is going to force GAME COMPANIES to work a lot harder on their titles because NOW they have some serious competition! So take ALL of your previous GTA games and just sell them, throw them away or store them away becasue GTA V is all you need everyone! SO WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE??? BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!! 10/10!! And WHO HAS THE BALLS.... TO RATE THIS MASTERPIECE LOWER THAN A 10?? Oh and Saints Row IV... BEWARE!! Expand
  21. Sep 17, 2013
    Amazing game! Anyone that says otherwise is clearly lying... Great game, lots to do, you'll never run out of stuff to do.

Definitely getting it again for PS4, can't wait till GTA Online
  22. Sep 17, 2013
    "pc" holes. I've got to say I've been enjoying every single piece of GTA 5 so far. Radios take me back, once I found Groove Street I could guide myself through the entire city and the new mechanics are amazingly improved comparing to GTA IV which in my opinion was really overrated.
  23. Sep 17, 2013
    Rockstar has done it again. I will definitely be buying all the DLC and playing this amazing game for months to come. I'm not sure why there are so many low reviews but I guess haters gotta hate
  24. Sep 17, 2013
    Rockstar never fails to amaze it's fans. The game is massive with a beautiful world to discover, pushing current gen consoles to their limit. The story is action packed and not to mention you get to play as 3 characters. Great game!
  25. Sep 17, 2013
    Is the GTA most comprehensive of all and the best yet, a video game made ​​to dismiss this generation of consoles, the best game of this generation, a masterpiece.
  26. Sep 18, 2013
    Wow best game ever
    Rockstar Game's best release ever It has a great narrative, tight gameplay and a fantastic soundtrack. It's everything you could want from a Rockstar game and more! Game of the year and quite possibly the game of this generation
  27. Sep 17, 2013
    The best game ever created, the city is perfect, it's as if the game continued even with the console off, I venture to say that this is the best game ever made, congratulations ROCKSTAR GAMES

GOTY 2013
  28. Sep 19, 2013
    This game is just AMAZING! amazing storyline, Great missions, alot of things to do, it's muuuuch more better than GTA IV and even better than San Andreas, This game is what I was expecting and I'm sure this will be the game of the year
  29. Sep 18, 2013
    what? 8,1 user score? All this trolls and haters can't do nothing with this masterpiece. Best Grand Theft Auto ever, even better than San Andreas, so what are you waiting for?
  30. Sep 17, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game in every way. The fact that the game runs so smoothly on decade-old consoles is insane. Amazing graphics, great gameplay, improved driving, tons more to do compared to GTA IV.

Everything is simply better.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.