8.1

1. Sep 17, 2013
    This game deserves a better user score. I hope nobody takes it serious, because there are a lot of butthurt fakevotes.
    Well to the game. This is the GTA you've always been waiting for! Yes it's true. You loved San Andreas because of gameplay? You loved Vice City because of music and atmosphere? GTA 3's innovation? GTA IV's story? Well I'll explain.

This GTA brings it all together. The
    playing of three characters at once goes really smooth, it feels just how it should be, shooting and driving is really fun, it's kinda a mix between the realistic driving in GTA IV, arcade driving in Midnight Club, and shooting from Max Payne 3, and this is perfect!
    The missions are fun again, many people thought GTA IV had too similar missions, and I thought so too, but now you'll never get bored I assure you! The story is really well written, won't write more about that cause there is a lot to spoiler.
    The world is really massive, the countryside isn't boring at all, and seriously, who wasn't missing that after GTA IV? I don't know how R* did this, but even the graphics improved, while the game is bigger over all.
    You can do so much stuff in Los Santos and it's countryside, it's unbelievable that it is just one game! I played for at least 20 hours now, and I have so much more to see and explore, just crazy!

Well what else can I say? Buy it Play it yourself and agree! It's a really good game
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    I'm writing this review because I feel I have to. Everyone needs to know how fantastic and incredible this game is. The world is big and beautiful, graphics are gorgeous, characters are very likeable (especially Trevor) and the attention to detail is astounding. This is a must play and rockstar's greatest game of all time. It definitely lives up to the hype. There is just so much to say about this game but it will take forever to explain how groundbreaking it really is. If you liked 4 you will absolutely love this one. There is so much to see and do in this living world rockstar has created. Only flaws I've seen are a bit of pop in and very few glitches. It is extremely polished and was well worth the wait. It's games like these that set the bar infinitely high for open world games and proves that rockstar is the king of open world games. It's gonna be hard to beat this game out...even next gen games don't stand a chance against the masterpiece that is gta 5. Expand
  3. Sep 17, 2013
    The journey of the three protagonists and their pursuit of the dollar in the beautiful, sun-drenched state of San Andreas is a breath taking experience. Quite simply put, this is the best video game I have played for the current generation of consoles.

EDIT:

It seems as though the user score is being attacked by disgruntled PC fans, or possibly, fans of an equally GOTY deserving
    title. For the time being, disregard the user score. Expand
  4. Sep 17, 2013
    One hell of a game. It has a great narrative, tight gameplay and a fantastic soundtrack. It's everything you could want from a Rockstar game and more! Game of the year and quite possibly the game of this generation. (Ignore the jealous PC fanboys and buy this game!)
  5. Sep 17, 2013
    Simply the best game on this generation. Its so much fun to play this game, its never boring and you can do everything! Best GTA ever, best Xbox game ever. You just must have it!
  6. Sep 17, 2013
    Clearly the best GTA game i have ever played. The world's large, massive and amazing. So many features to explore. The Online features makes the game even more amazing. Rockstar Games's best release ever. I appreciate all their hardwork in making a superb game like this Thank you Rockstar Games.
  7. Sep 17, 2013
    No need for long reviews guys, it's simply the BEST GAME EVER MADE (but since i need 150 characters i have to write this to fulfill the requirement asdasd)
  8. Sep 17, 2013
    Driving feels more like it did in Need For Speed games,fewer car accidents.
    The world is massive! If one word could sum up the game I think it would be 'detail'. Every aspect of the game is as detailed as possible and it is easily the best game ever made respective of the technological possibility in 2013.
  9. Sep 17, 2013
    So it seems that haters/PC users are attacking the user score. I'll keep this one short.

Over the past four straight hours of playing Grand Theft Auto V I've found that there is nothing to criticize. Believe me when I say that absolutely nothing. Bringing the world of San Andreas into the soon-to-be obsolete video game generation sets Rockstar to a new path: a path that will catapult
    them to the top of the "video game industry food chain". That's all I can say. This game unanimously deserved Game of the Year 2013. Expand
  10. Sep 17, 2013
    Best GTA ever no doubt you can do anything you want customize cars,weapons,buy house and garage. And the map is huge its GTA:SA,GTA IV,RDR combined.

GOTY and GOTG
  11. Sep 17, 2013
    Phenomenal. That is the best way to describe this game. Grand Theft Auto V pushes and exceeds the very boundaries of gaming. It is a remarkable achievement in storytelling, world design, audio and visuals, and most importantly, pure gameplay. It is immense fun. Every game mechanic is tightly interwoven and heavily polished; and yet they're good enough to stand on their own. What makes this game truly special is the scope, size, and ambition of the entire thing. It's simply huge. It improves on the already great aspects of other Grand Theft Auto games that preceded it. It is everything that one could hope for in an open world game, and more. I am not exaggerating when I say that it is easily the best game of this generation, or even of all time. 10/10. Expand
  12. Sep 17, 2013
    Best gta game ever made massive, detailed map and lots of entertaining stuff to do. Those who cry about graphics think again its open world you see it, you can go there. It is still looking 2x as good as gta iv. And also it is running on 7 year old hardware.
  13. Sep 17, 2013
    I just felt the need to come on here after playing for a few hours and say that the game is absolutely freaking fantastic. You can basically do anything you want. See somewhere you want to go? Go do it. See a store you want to rob? Go heist it. See someone getting robbed? Well, that decision is up to you- vigilante or innocent bystander? The sheer amount of choice GTA V gives you is enough to warrant a fantastic score. The game is absolutely amazing and is a must-have. Expand
  14. Sep 17, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is Rockstar's definitive open-world masterpiece, a magnum opus and the culmination of everything Rockstar has created to date. Almost entirely flawless, GTA V is the perfect marriage of story and unhindered freedom to explore, with the promise of hidden secrets scattered across the deserts, hills and wilderness of Blaine County. Boasting planes, trains, automobiles, helicopters, motorcycles, bicycles, parachutes, boats, submarines and a multitude of guns, Grand Theft Auto V is all things to all gamers. It's quite simply perfect in every way. Expand
  15. Sep 17, 2013
    Most of the time i'm gaming on the PC, because i love te play FPS, strategy and MMORPG games.
    But to be honest, this game is really good and i am lucky that i have a X360 to play it!
    One good reason to play more on the console or even buy one for this game, its very worth the money and your time!
  16. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game ever, bar none. I will be playing this for years to come, and there is still gta online to come yet and complete masterpiece in gaming, and the best gta game.
  17. Sep 17, 2013
    I know there are a ton of positive things to say about this game, but i would like to point out what I feel is its biggest weakness. The look sensitivity is too way slow, even on the highest setting. Any possibly of this game winning over FPS fans seems doubtful in its current state due to this oversight. This disappointing blunder severely needs to be addressed in a future patch. At some points the limitations of current-gen gaming already make me hope for an announcement from Rockstar of a PS4 version of the game. That, with the aim sensitivity fixed, would truly be your perfect-10 game. However, this is still one of the best games available on the current-gen systems. 9.75 out of 10. Expand
  18. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game ever without a doubt, just play the game and see for yourself, there is nothing more to say.
    Anybody who hates on this game has absolutely no taste in good games or is a hating PC gamer, just ignore these bad reviews
  19. Sep 17, 2013
    Amazing Game! It's so fun its unreal and all the things you can do on it is mind boggling best game I've ever played! Must Buy! I never thought it could be this good!
  20. Sep 17, 2013
    haters gonna hate

best game of this generation.

there's nothing similar to GTA V in the industry, they are on another level, you can see that they care like no other publisher
  21. Sep 17, 2013
    I game full of life. I've never been so distracted in a game before. The game exceeds what I was expecting from the graphics, pushing the hardware to it's limits. I was surprised at how colourful the game was at first, a huge step up from the dark, cold city of GTA IV. The map is huge... I mean huge! Not just in size, but detail as well!
    The game is amazing in all aspects, from the highly
    detailed, comical cutscenes, to the in-depth car customisations.

Once again Rockstar has set a new standard for gaming.

Pros:
    -Amazing Graphics
    -Small details
    -Improved physics, car damage and control, guns.
    -Open world fun.
    -Perfected features such as character switching, changing weapons, abilities and more.
    -Humour, from the tv shows, to radio stations, or random citizens of los santos. They all make you smile and searching for more humourous content.

Cons:
    -Texture/item pop-in which is minimal, and easily ignored. Sadly this is down to the hardware. Can't wait to see what they're capable of in the next-gen/PC (possible) versions of GTA V or any future ones.
  22. Sep 17, 2013
    What an absolutely incredible game.

I luckily received the game early to review it for a smaller gaming journalism website and I legitimately feel that this is the best game i've played in these eight years of the seventh console generation, perhaps even of all time. I hope I don't lose any manpoints but I am happy to tell you that at a certain point of the game (avoiding spoilers) I
    shed a tear. This isn't just a video game, it's artwork.

Regardless of the consoles it has been released for, this game isn't just a 'taste' of next-gen... it IS next-gen.

23. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game of the year, everything you would expect from a GTA game and more! Once GTA online comes out in 2 weeks it will only get better! Over 60+ hours of gameplay and an environment just as rich as skyrim
  24. Sep 17, 2013
    5 hours in. Makes GTA 4 feel like an arcade game.Nothing has ever come closer to feeling like real life. Many times I even flinched just getting in an accident or getting punched when pissing someone off. In all ways of saying it, I can't even wrap my head around how Rockstar got the current gen to run a game like this. I will now discontinue sleeping for the next 2 weeks.
  25. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is the mutts nuts. Got it last night after queuing for half an hour was worth the wait. Rockstar north have done it again. Scotland should be proud. I loved gta 4 and this looks to be even bigger and better everything has been tweaked. Pisses me of when I see negative user review on here because its not on pc YET! It will be calm down. Just like gta 4 was later on. So stop being ridiculous. That's like me leaving a revew on witcher 2 because it didnt come onto the 360 at the same time as pc. It's stupid grow up children. This is a great game. Expand
  26. Sep 17, 2013
    People are undoubtedly going to hate on this game, but it's most certainly a game that must be played to be believed. It's vast. I've only been playing a couple hours, but I already know i'll be up for a few more at least. Don't listen to the hater's the game is well worth checking out!
  27. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is the best game i ever played! Everything in this game is just (near) perfect!!
    The graphics, the artwork, the soundtrack, the gameplay, the characters, just about everything you can imagine. But why are you reading this, go play GTA V now!!!
  28. Sep 17, 2013
    The game is amazing, I love everything about it! You really can do anything, from golf to skydiving, to biking, to of course the main story which I find to be a lot more entertaining and intriguing then GTA IV. I don't think ive enjoyed a game this much in a long time, if you buy one game this year buy this.
  29. Sep 17, 2013
    Sharp, intelligent and humorous, GTA V is more than just the best game for current-gen platforms, it's a social commentary on contemporary America. The combination of masterful gameplay with constant knocks and blows at American culture is a serendipitous swansong to Rockstar's most successful franchise, one in which I've been coming back to time and time again. Limitlessly enjoyable and stupendously thrilling, GTA V has been the last bow of grace from the PS3 AND XBOX 360, expertly demonstrating what capable and successful machines they both are. Spectacularly beautiful, bitingly funny and heart-pumping gameplay are all you'll find in this zenith of a game. Expand
  30. Sep 17, 2013
    Unbelievable! the map is enormous, there are tons of new, fun things to do, and so far I am very impressed by the storyline. Rockstar hit another one out of the park with this game.

P.S. the radio is awesome. there are something like 1000 tracks and as always the talk shows are hilarious.
  31. Sep 17, 2013
    The game is amazing in all aspects, from the highly
    detailed, comical cutscenes, to the in-depth car customisations.

Once again Rockstar has set a new standard for gaming.

Pros:
    -Amazing Graphics
    -Small details
    -Improved physics, car damage and control, guns.
    -Open world fun.

Cons:

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.