8.1

1. Sep 17, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is Rockstar's definitive open-world masterpiece, a magnum opus and the culmination of everything Rockstar has created to date. Almost entirely flawless, GTA V is the perfect marriage of story and unhindered freedom to explore, with the promise of hidden secrets scattered across the deserts, hills and wilderness of Blaine County. Boasting planes, trains, automobiles,Grand Theft Auto V is Rockstar's definitive open-world masterpiece, a magnum opus and the culmination of everything Rockstar has created to date. Almost entirely flawless, GTA V is the perfect marriage of story and unhindered freedom to explore, with the promise of hidden secrets scattered across the deserts, hills and wilderness of Blaine County. Boasting planes, trains, automobiles, helicopters, motorcycles, bicycles, parachutes, boats, submarines and a multitude of guns, Grand Theft Auto V is all things to all gamers. It's quite simply perfect in every way. Expand
  2. Sep 18, 2013
    what? 8,1 user score? All this trolls and haters can't do nothing with this masterpiece. Best Grand Theft Auto ever, even better than San Andreas, so what are you waiting for?
  3. Sep 17, 2013
    I know there are a ton of positive things to say about this game, but i would like to point out what I feel is its biggest weakness. The look sensitivity is too way slow, even on the highest setting. Any possibly of this game winning over FPS fans seems doubtful in its current state due to this oversight. This disappointing blunder severely needs to be addressed in a future patch. AtI know there are a ton of positive things to say about this game, but i would like to point out what I feel is its biggest weakness. The look sensitivity is too way slow, even on the highest setting. Any possibly of this game winning over FPS fans seems doubtful in its current state due to this oversight. This disappointing blunder severely needs to be addressed in a future patch. At some points the limitations of current-gen gaming already make me hope for an announcement from Rockstar of a PS4 version of the game. That, with the aim sensitivity fixed, would truly be your perfect-10 game. However, this is still one of the best games available on the current-gen systems. 9.75 out of 10. Expand
  4. Sep 20, 2013
    If you remember what the joy of playing San Andreas (and previous GTA games before it) felt like, than you won't be left dissapointed. People who are afraid of it being a GTA IV rehash, no fears, it's not.
  5. Sep 23, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. I really felt the need to add my thoughts as I saw a few so called reviews from folk who are giving it a 0 and that is not at all fair. First off the game looks stunning, I have it on my HDTV and the colours look vibrant and here and there they are on par with next gen. The water is incredible, the ocean feels and behaves just like the real ocean. All in allThis game is a masterpiece. I really felt the need to add my thoughts as I saw a few so called reviews from folk who are giving it a 0 and that is not at all fair. First off the game looks stunning, I have it on my HDTV and the colours look vibrant and here and there they are on par with next gen. The water is incredible, the ocean feels and behaves just like the real ocean. All in all this is one masterpiece of a game that desrves another 10. The characters are fantastic, Trevor is nuts so much fun. With Oceans, mountains, forests, cities. Land Air and Sea vehicles once you unlock all three you can explore where you lilke on whatever you like. As for no online for 2 weeks, who cares, its not a loss its a good idea. I cannot give it a bad score because I can't play co op for 2 weeks! That will come around when ready. Until then I will enjoy the best game on this generation if not of all time. This is one title you'll never see come out as annual releases. Perfect takes time and GTA V is perfect 10/10 Expand
  6. Oct 3, 2013
    GTAV is the best game if all time. Even with the early connectivity issues for the GTA Online, it is an amazing experience, just so easy to get consumed in the Los Santos world. Actually completing missions, or just murdering randoms, then escaping from police, this game is a must buy. Anyone who doesn't like this game is not alive or has never actually played it.
  7. Sep 29, 2013
    The Best Rockstar game ever! Only problems are frame-rate and load times. as well the online isnt up yet but thats better than the game being delayed. anyone who complains about that should have known already and is sour they are uneducated. graphics are outstanding for a game this size. dont know how they managed to fit all those polygons on the 360. anyone who complains about graphicsThe Best Rockstar game ever! Only problems are frame-rate and load times. as well the online isnt up yet but thats better than the game being delayed. anyone who complains about that should have known already and is sour they are uneducated. graphics are outstanding for a game this size. dont know how they managed to fit all those polygons on the 360. anyone who complains about graphics has no clue how CG is generated and should be banned from game reviews. Expand
  8. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played and it will definitely be a while to top this. GTA 4 seems so dark and colorless compared to this installment; the city is vibrant and stunning in its complexity and its detail. The game play is perfectly simple and easy to use yet complex if you really want it to be. There is almost too much to do and is easily a game that hundreds of hours couldOne of the best games I have ever played and it will definitely be a while to top this. GTA 4 seems so dark and colorless compared to this installment; the city is vibrant and stunning in its complexity and its detail. The game play is perfectly simple and easy to use yet complex if you really want it to be. There is almost too much to do and is easily a game that hundreds of hours could be plugged into. GTA Online is still glitchy and being improved upon but is great in continuing the game beyond the lengthy story line. Its classic GTA with a kick in the face. Expand
  9. Sep 20, 2013
    Now on about the 40th main story mission (stolen the last of 5 cars for a dude) plus done a lot of the "freaks" and other content. After buying 4 back in 2008, and giving up on it inside 90 minutes (I still think it's rubbish I have no sympathy for Niko and hated playing as him. In fact I would love to have played someone to shoot him in the face and end the game then and there when youNow on about the 40th main story mission (stolen the last of 5 cars for a dude) plus done a lot of the "freaks" and other content. After buying 4 back in 2008, and giving up on it inside 90 minutes (I still think it's rubbish I have no sympathy for Niko and hated playing as him. In fact I would love to have played someone to shoot him in the face and end the game then and there when you really despise the character you're playing it's hard to play at all) this game is a complete turn around. Some of the missions are just unbelievable, the size and scope is amazing. Yeah the AI for something this size isn't perfect everywhere, but the gameplay mechanics are fabulous. I'm a PC games, and this is only the second action game I've ever bothered with on console (I much prefer mouse and keyboard most of the time) this is up there is not better than Red Dead (which is the other game I played). The story is hilarious mostly a couple of nasty bits, but mostly really funny. You get to like even the psychotic characters a little.
    Remember this is the "taster" the single player game is the entree to what's coming in a few days. People talk about the game that will topple Warcraft as an MMO? This is it.
    No bull when GTA Online comes out based on this play set this theme park... and with all the other items that are going live and planned over the next 12 months for Online this is the game that will finally challenge WoW for online numbers. And yes expect to pay a little for it either in micro transactions or a sub (probably the former).

My only puzzle is why bring it out on 2 consoles that are going to be obsolete 8 weeks later? Really odd choice. Am I going to have to keep my 360 and PS3 out alongside my Xbox1 and PS4 just to play this game (as neither console offers backwards compatibility)

The other thing here is, AAA studios bringing out GFX candy and open world action games for the new consoles have a benchmark to beat. Hell I can see the reviews now "How come this PS4 game has worse GFX and less to do than GTA V which is a last gen game"?

Conversations like that are going to be all over the place after November 2013 for the next 12 months at least. That's how high GTA 5 sets the bar.
  10. Sep 17, 2013
    Amazing game to end this generation. Shouldn't see anything get better than this until next gen hits. 3 character story is stroke of genius. Rockstar set the bar high.
  11. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is wonderful. From story to multi-player, everything feels polished and well thought out.

I have had more fun on this game than I have in years. Welcome back GTA.
  12. Oct 1, 2013
    Seriously? This is a video game. Having said that, GTA 5 ticks every damn box, its intended to be mindless, it's intended to be frustrating, it's sure as hell FUN, and if you are expecting to earn a college degree or reach metaphysical enlightenment during your time in LS, look somewhere else.
  13. Sep 22, 2013
    Just an amazing game. To rate this at anything less than the 10 it deserves is just crazy. I know I will be playing this for hundreds of hours past the single player story (which is great itself). Is this just GTA4 times 10 in HD? Maybe, but that is saying a lot! The truth is that it's much bigger and better in every way. This could very easily be the greatest game of this generationJust an amazing game. To rate this at anything less than the 10 it deserves is just crazy. I know I will be playing this for hundreds of hours past the single player story (which is great itself). Is this just GTA4 times 10 in HD? Maybe, but that is saying a lot! The truth is that it's much bigger and better in every way. This could very easily be the greatest game of this generation of consoles. Expand
  14. Oct 2, 2013
    It's hard to write a review for a game like this. On one hand all I really need to do is. Umm... 10. Problem solved right? But.... I have to fill a word requirement. So all I have to say is: well, okay I don't know. Am I there yet? This is the greatest open world/city ever. It beats skyrim because it contains an actual CITY, not just a beautiful land. Am I there yet?
  15. Oct 6, 2013
    I am only rating this as a response to all the dummies that gave it a 0 or a 1 just to try and bring the score down. Rate stuff accurately you idiots, otherwise this site becomes useless. The game is in the range of 8 to 10 depending on particular elements. A 0 or 1 rating would suggest it is one of the worst games of all time. Really?
  16. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game of the year, everything you would expect from a GTA game and more! Once GTA online comes out in 2 weeks it will only get better! Over 60+ hours of gameplay and an environment just as rich as skyrim
  17. Sep 17, 2013
    5 hours in. Makes GTA 4 feel like an arcade game.Nothing has ever come closer to feeling like real life. Many times I even flinched just getting in an accident or getting punched when pissing someone off. In all ways of saying it, I can't even wrap my head around how Rockstar got the current gen to run a game like this. I will now discontinue sleeping for the next 2 weeks.
  18. Sep 22, 2013
    Let me first start off saying, ignore the crappy one star reviews, which are just fake reviews hating on a game that he or she has never played yet, they're just haters trolling the Amazon and Metacritic user review section..
    Now then, the game is the absolute masterpiece that many suspected it would be with it capitalizing on GTA IV's efforts, bringing back in some parts of San Andreas and effectively blowing it out of the water. The shooting has been refined to the likes of Max Payne (without the slow mo diving of course), shooting results in realistic reactions from enemies and never becomes tiresome due to the medium difficulty and A.I. in the game and awesome physics.
    The level design is spot on with outlandish action including the character switching and special abilities within the missions. But it does have one minor flaw. Sometimes you might get a mission failed for performing an action that the game didn't plan for you to do, hence scripted events. This is a very minor flaw but is noticeable.
    My favorite part of the game is the story itself which feature three very distinct protagonists with different motives. The most outlandish would be Trevor, though he may be hated upon due to an action he performs when you first meet him. For many, he may be extremely fun but he will also be the one that is hardest to relate to the most. He is a psychopath and he knows it and it doesn't stop from being judgemental and letting everyone else know what's wrong with them. He is the character who knows he's trash and he deals with it by doing what he does best. Causing chaos. The intertwining stories are spectacular and is a delightful contrast with its dark violent somewhat upbeat action comedy drama to GTA IV's dark, moody, and violent drama on the depiction of the supposed American dream in the eyes of a disappointed man (though they're both different, both stories are a tie for me in terms of which is best.)
    The game does a great job at making you feel like you are part of the world within GTA 5 with its side missions, radio shows for everyone's taste in music and spectacular scope and visuals in general.
    The game pushes the barrier in violence and makes no excuse for it, as it should be. Though there is a mission that I found in bad taste that rose a lot of controversy. Eventually as I thought more on it, I understood the meaning of that one scene, but in the end, I will still dread coming across that scene in my next playthrough.

If you are a fan of crime dramas, character study and development, satirical comedies, or in playing something that has a story that no other game company has accomplished before, then buy this game and I guarantee once you put a few hours into it, it will be one of your best games of all time, as it is mine. 5/5 and 10/10 for me. Not an exaggeration.
  19. Sep 30, 2013
    Best Grand Theft Auto yet. It really is extraordinarily vast in scope. The voice acting and story are superb. The graphics are incredible given the limited hardware (PC gamer here and I'm impressed). The city and country feel very real and your choices matter. I wasn't expecting to play my Xbox instead of my gaming PC, but here I am. I must warn you though, it's a VERY adult game.

Must

Must buy. 9.5/10 (few graphical glitches and I had a few characters glitch out so I'll remove .5)
  20. Sep 18, 2013
    An absolute triumph and the best open-world game this gen.

Rockstar has always been great creatively. Great stories, dialogue, characters, soundtracks, presentation etc. All that has always been great in GTA and still is in GTA V. But where V differs from past games is in the mechanics. Gone is the slippery driving from GTA IV, or the crappy lock-on combat from the PS2 games.
    An absolute triumph and the best open-world game this gen.

But where V differs from past games is in the mechanics. Gone is the slippery driving from GTA IV, or the crappy lock-on combat from the PS2 games. Everything has been updated and finely tuned. Whether you're driving, fighting or running around on foot. Everything feels fluid and painless.

Toss in the best and most varied set of missions the series has ever seen with three fascinating protagonists and you've got a hell of a send off for these consoles. Bravo Rockstar.
  21. Oct 7, 2013
    If you're the average twenty-something, you've probably become a little jaded and bored of the same old thing every year with sequels. Grand Theft Auto V definitely delivers more of the same, but it also offers way more than I would ever have expected. Immersive is the word that comes to mind. Rockstar have really outdone themselves this time. There's just so many good things to point toIf you're the average twenty-something, you've probably become a little jaded and bored of the same old thing every year with sequels. Grand Theft Auto V definitely delivers more of the same, but it also offers way more than I would ever have expected. Immersive is the word that comes to mind. Rockstar have really outdone themselves this time. There's just so many good things to point to that it's a little overwhelming. The sheer scope of Los Santos alone, from a hillside at night will actually give you chills. The graphics are simultaneously breathtaking and retro, and yes, I mean that even on a console.

This game is dense with quality fun. The satire is fresh, hilarious and in your face around every corner. Rather than go into detail, I'll just say that I highly recommend it to anyone, if only for the experience. Kids, this is San Andreas all over again, and I couldn't be more satisfied. Money well spent!
  22. Sep 26, 2013
    Así que nada es suficiente
    Y que yo soy la que miente
    Y que todo tú me diste
    Que tú siempre me quisiste
    Que tú nunca hiciste nada
    Que soy yo la que te hace sufrir

Y le dices a la gente
    Que me buscas que me quieres
    Que sin mí de amor te mueres
    Y que solo son rumores
    Que fue todo un error
    Que por eso ahora estás así
    Suplicando que te escuche
    Y diciendo que todo cambió
  23. Sep 24, 2013
    I've been playing games for the last 20 years and this is the best one i've played. It's insane that this runs on the xbox360 and not the next generation of consoles.

if this gets re-released on PS4 or the Xbone i'd have no qualms about buying it again.
  24. Oct 23, 2013
    You know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The storyYou know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The story is awesome and the gameplay is so fun. Worth every penny and more. Expand
  25. Sep 18, 2013
    I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that this game is "where GTA 4 should have been", and that it's just a sub-par sequel unfortunately placed at the end of a console generation. People saying that GTA5 included things that GTA4 should have had, but they exluded due to laziness, or marketing strategy... What?

First off, this is thee most expensive video game ever made at $266

First off, this is thee most expensive video game ever made at $266 million, whereas GTA4 was right around $100 million. There's a reason that they couldn't include intricacies like planes, semi-truck trailers, or drivable crashable trains; they spent their budget bring it to next-gen hardware, with which they did a remarkable job considering the circumstances.

As far as my 10/10 score, this game has brought all the things I loved from all previous Rockstar games, including Red Dead Redemption's improved movement mechanics and weapon wheel, Max Payne 3's improved shooting mechanics, Midnight Club LA's vehicular customization and on-road handling, GTA4's introduction to the Euphoria engine, and, well... Rockstar's Table Tennis's tennis mechanic (ok the appreciation of that was a joke, but don't be fooled because those methods were still incorporated).

Arguably, the production cost of this game surpassed the $266 million quote we were given just on the sole merit that everything from this game was pulled from the best of their previous games, meaning that Rockstar's entire history of games has been a research and development process just to deliver their magnum opus; Grand Theft Auto 5.

I own a gaming PC, why? For insane graphics. Am I complaining about the graphics on the 360? No. I, unlike many PC enthusiast wannabes, understand that the visuals that are able to be pumped out on an elderly console generation is... miraculous. Considering the limitations, the aesthetics are beyond amazing, and it was breathtaking when I drove into Los Santos for the first time from the mountains.

There are only two minor complaints that I have, but not enough to ding my score of the game. 1) the mountains surrounding Los Santos appear to be a little less detailed that I would have thought. It's a tiny bit immersion-removing because when you're walking or driving on it, it feels like a polygon with a grass texture, rather than a mountain. 2) The transition time between the playable characters takes roughly 3-4 times longer than advertised on the gameplay trailer. It zooms out quickly, moves over quickly, but then sits there for 5-10 seconds while it loads and populates the area before zooming in.

Overall, I think it is thee most memorable game I will have ever played, and arguably the best game ever made.
  26. Sep 17, 2013
    A staggeringly beautiful, impeccably voice-acted, amazingly fluid and incredibly fun game, GTA V is not just a great Grand Theft Auto game which is a very high complement in itself but possibly the greatest video game ever made. The game-play is faultless and sets the already high bar far above its competition. For five years, we have witnessed rival franchises like Saints Row andA staggeringly beautiful, impeccably voice-acted, amazingly fluid and incredibly fun game, GTA V is not just a great Grand Theft Auto game which is a very high complement in itself but possibly the greatest video game ever made. The game-play is faultless and sets the already high bar far above its competition. For five years, we have witnessed rival franchises like Saints Row and Watchdogs expand dangerously close into GTA's territory, but GTA V completely trumps these relatively uninnovative series and shows the world how the GTA series is not just incredibly fun and an escapist's dream, but also a work of art of the 21st century. 10/10. Expand
  27. Sep 17, 2013
    The journey of the three protagonists and their pursuit of the dollar in the beautiful, sun-drenched state of San Andreas is a breath taking experience. Quite simply put, this is the best video game I have played for the current generation of consoles.

EDIT: It seems as though the user score is being attacked by disgruntled PC fans, or possibly, fans of an equally GOTY deserving

EDIT:

It seems as though the user score is being attacked by disgruntled PC fans, or possibly, fans of an equally GOTY deserving title. For the time being, disregard the user score.
  28. Sep 21, 2013
    I'm not understanding the poor reviews of some of these people on here. Either they are PC gamers, or people just giving the stupidest reasons to give this game a lesser score. One review I read somebody was complaining about the lack of roller coasters in the game and not being able to go shark fishing and docked it 2 points and gave it an 8. Are you f***ing kidding me?

IMO, GTA V is

IMO, GTA V is arguably the best GTA and is one of the best games I've ever played. The world is gorgeous. Looking at the texture of the water while driving a boat or jet ski is just mesmerizing and fun. Or riding a dirt bike up the massive mountain in the game is great to just look at the beautiful scenery of the mountain and the wilderness. Then at the top you look down at the cities and can see buildings 6 miles away. Not to mention the explosions are fascinating to see. The lighting is insane. Walking under a tree you can see the shadow of a leaf on your shoulder almost perfectly like if it was real life. Besides a couple textures that looked a little weak, the game is a graphical beauty!

The switching between 3 protagonist is revolutionary. All 3 have their own contacts, clothes they can buy, hairstyles to buy at barber shops, types of missions, skills, lifestyles, etc. I have nothing in common with Trevor who is a hillbilly trash. But he is too damn funny and interesting and I enjoy playing as him just like Franklin and Michael.

The driving is way more intense and more of a racing feel than the boat like driving in GTA IV. It reminds me of Midnight Club LA in a way. The gunplay is way better than GTA IV too because it brings Red Dead and Max Payne elements together and creates intense firefights. The cover system is VASTLY improved as well and is your best friend in firefights.

There is tons of stuff to do between the three characters like customize cars, buy real estate, racing, pick up nice ladies at strip clubs and streets, meet random strangers, etc, and a big huge San Andreas to explore.

The only drawbacks I can think of are the car collisions, which don't deform the car as much as in GTA IV. And the popping up of the environment at certain points of the game. Some people complain about frame rate but I haven't noticed anything.

To most gamers, this game is like heroin. Very addictive and fun. Well worth the budget and years making it. Hopefully I helped.
  29. Nov 7, 2013
    It is a great game actually the best game in Quality terms that I ever played. The world is that detailed that you would concider it art in a technical sense, not in an intellectual way, though it is a nice satire on nowadays society like the Simpsons for example.
  30. Sep 22, 2013
    God please forgive who didn't give a 10, they only wanted to get attention, one of the greatest games ever made and there's people giving a 0, what's wrong, wtf?
  31. Sep 17, 2013
    This is the game of the decade, and I mean it! There is nothing that is not perfect in this game! Maybe the storyline if you're not familiar with the goofy nature of the series, but I'm making this review for Open-world fans. This game is perfect. Perfect. I have been trying so hard to find something to criticise but I just can't. GTA V is the game you have been waiting for, everyone! GoThis is the game of the decade, and I mean it! There is nothing that is not perfect in this game! Maybe the storyline if you're not familiar with the goofy nature of the series, but I'm making this review for Open-world fans. This game is perfect. Perfect. I have been trying so hard to find something to criticise but I just can't. GTA V is the game you have been waiting for, everyone! Go and buy it if you haven't already.

P.S: It's pathetic to rate a game 0 just because it's available on your gameing platform.
  32. Sep 17, 2013
    Serious butthurt from some PC fanboys here. Why? I'm mainly a PC gamer, but I do have a console and well, I bought this game. It's perfect. It might not be if you care too much about graphics, but I personally don't, and they're amazing for a game this big running on a 7 years old hardware anyway. This game is massive, ambitious, beautiful, funny. Everything. This game is almost perfect.Serious butthurt from some PC fanboys here. Why? I'm mainly a PC gamer, but I do have a console and well, I bought this game. It's perfect. It might not be if you care too much about graphics, but I personally don't, and they're amazing for a game this big running on a 7 years old hardware anyway. This game is massive, ambitious, beautiful, funny. Everything. This game is almost perfect. Buy it ASAP! Expand
  33. Dec 19, 2013
    Absolutely the first GTA since San Andreas that I can't find a fault in, just awesome game and only complaint is the radio isn't quite as good as I thought it would be. Characters are well thought out but I do miss the Celebrity Cameos but I'll forgive that, worth the wait!!!!
  34. Sep 17, 2013
    Amazing game with stunning visuals, story, and gameplay. Definitely Game of the Year material. I knew this game was going to be a masterpiece from the moment I saw the first trailer.
  35. Apr 5, 2014
    A superb creation of incomparable detail and awe that is filled to the brim with interesting content and hilarious satire of American culture. The story focuses on three anti-heroes who pull off a series of explosive heists. The single-player took me about 50 hours to complete, including a few of the shenanigans and side-activities I participated in. I have put almost 150 hours into theA superb creation of incomparable detail and awe that is filled to the brim with interesting content and hilarious satire of American culture. The story focuses on three anti-heroes who pull off a series of explosive heists. The single-player took me about 50 hours to complete, including a few of the shenanigans and side-activities I participated in. I have put almost 150 hours into the online portion of the game that is, while flawed, an extremely fun variety of missions, races and deathmatches of the highest caliber. Grand Theft Auto V fulfills the empty promises Grand Theft Auto IV put forward back in 2008 and I think it's safe to say that the game is possibly the best open world game ever crafted. Bravo Rockstar. Expand
  36. Sep 23, 2013
    I waited a long time for this game to make an appearance, having had it on pre-order since December 2012. Needless to say it was worth every painstaking minute. The game is beautifully detailed and highly entertaining. I do get the feeling that the best is yet to come with the reease o GTA Online but as a single player experience, there is not a better game out there at the moment. So muchI waited a long time for this game to make an appearance, having had it on pre-order since December 2012. Needless to say it was worth every painstaking minute. The game is beautifully detailed and highly entertaining. I do get the feeling that the best is yet to come with the reease o GTA Online but as a single player experience, there is not a better game out there at the moment. So much so, the only critisism I have is that when it rains, the windshield wipers don't That is all. Expand
  37. Sep 18, 2013
    Simply put, GTA V improves upon what has worked in the past and gives us more than enough to keep things fresh. From the polish, to the content, to the detail, to the storyline there's not much this game doesn't have mastered. I could go on and on about the things i do like but i think it's better if i go through what i don't like... nothing. GTA V is a prime example of a company puttingSimply put, GTA V improves upon what has worked in the past and gives us more than enough to keep things fresh. From the polish, to the content, to the detail, to the storyline there's not much this game doesn't have mastered. I could go on and on about the things i do like but i think it's better if i go through what i don't like... nothing. GTA V is a prime example of a company putting time and effort into their game. Just like Bethesda, Rockstar is one of the few video game companies left that takes pride in their product and goes above and beyond expectations. There is no doubt in my mind GTA V is the best game of the Xbox 360 era and most certainly the best GTA to date. Once again Rockstar sets new standards and puts everyone else to shame. Expand
  38. Nov 21, 2013
    Everything Grand Theft Auto was imagined and suppose to be. After being an overrated sandbox game for years Rockstar managed to put out one of the game with the most value and depth out there. Should not disappoint anyone. Racing feels as fun as any racing game out there. Integrated Social Club is a nice touch also.
  39. Sep 17, 2013
    for those who give 0's and 3's, please check yourselves in a mental institute, do something good for mankind!! this game is the new benchmark for open world games, if not the best open world game of this generation and previous too. the only downside for me is, this game is so packed with content and my time to play isnt ilimited, i started to play and looked at the clock, it was 9hfor those who give 0's and 3's, please check yourselves in a mental institute, do something good for mankind!! this game is the new benchmark for open world games, if not the best open world game of this generation and previous too. the only downside for me is, this game is so packed with content and my time to play isnt ilimited, i started to play and looked at the clock, it was 9h later..... and i barely did 6 out of 69 main missions xD i see many PC gamers just being juvenile, well i do own a high-end PC too, ps3 too and obviously 360, but when i hear "pc is huge market" well........ it proves the ignorance..... yes PC is hardware superior, no doubts but as gaming platform it have a very tiny slice, meanwhile you see games selling 3/5m on each console platform, on PC you'll see 200k PC is expensive to build and its very troublesome regarding bugs and glitches....... Expand
  40. Oct 11, 2013
    GTA V is a new king of genre and best game in franchise. Incredibly looking, diverse world, various and funny gameplay, user friendly in a good way, improve in many aspect. Interesting, ordinary and deep 3 characters from different places, with totally different social status and ground. interaction with and between them, dramatic and cool story. If you have something against this gameGTA V is a new king of genre and best game in franchise. Incredibly looking, diverse world, various and funny gameplay, user friendly in a good way, improve in many aspect. Interesting, ordinary and deep 3 characters from different places, with totally different social status and ground. interaction with and between them, dramatic and cool story. If you have something against this game than it`s probably your personal wishes, not objective problems.
    I absolutely accept low ratings because of GTA Online. But only it. If someone gave this game 4-0 rating just for SP, than he sure don`t know much about games and it`s history(especially) and he only play a real gamer. He is not bigger gamer than my grandma. If he/she play games, than it`s worst than when he never play any game. Cause he/she doesn`t have gamer heart.
  41. Oct 6, 2013
    after around 55-60 hours of GTA V i can definitively say this is the most fun i have had with a videogame in a long time. this game is so many games in one and often does it better than many other straight driving, sports and shooting games. with the addition of a huge story, tonnes of cool and interesting characters, great character customisation and so many things to discover, see and doafter around 55-60 hours of GTA V i can definitively say this is the most fun i have had with a videogame in a long time. this game is so many games in one and often does it better than many other straight driving, sports and shooting games. with the addition of a huge story, tonnes of cool and interesting characters, great character customisation and so many things to discover, see and do within the world i can't recommend it highly enough. Expand
  42. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game ever, bar none. I will be playing this for years to come, and there is still gta online to come yet and complete masterpiece in gaming, and the best gta game.
  43. Sep 17, 2013
    I am a seasoned gamer and a middle aged man by now. I have seen and played many games by now.
    I don't really like playing with a controller (I prefer kb+m) or playing on a console.
    For this title I simply don't care. The game is so good, so rich, so full of story that controls, graphics (surprisingly beautiful for an aging PS3) just don't get in the way of full immersion. I challenge
    For this title I simply don't care.
    I challenge anyone to do a better game, I don't hesitate to give it a full 10, just for the sheer amount of content that's in it in day one.
    In the days of DLCs, freeemium, getting such a vast expanse of a game to play with is just pure bliss.
  44. Sep 29, 2013
    This is ot just the GTA game, but THE game i've been waiting for. A massive word that feels so alive and with so much to do. Unlike GTA 4, the world is entertaining to explore and interact with, and the single player story does a great job of pulling you in. As great as the game looks on consoles I do hope they release it on the PC soon so we can have a great modding community and moreThis is ot just the GTA game, but THE game i've been waiting for. A massive word that feels so alive and with so much to do. Unlike GTA 4, the world is entertaining to explore and interact with, and the single player story does a great job of pulling you in. As great as the game looks on consoles I do hope they release it on the PC soon so we can have a great modding community and more freedom with graphic options. Expand
  45. Sep 17, 2013
    Game of the decade in my opinion. It's such an excellent game. I swear anyone who will give it a shot, will be addicted to playing it. Best GTA game and best all around game PERIOD. One only minor issue I had was some weird but funny glitches. (Such as entering michael's residence and seeing his daughter standing on the couch and his wife standing on the counter in the kitchen.) If youGame of the decade in my opinion. It's such an excellent game. I swear anyone who will give it a shot, will be addicted to playing it. Best GTA game and best all around game PERIOD. One only minor issue I had was some weird but funny glitches. (Such as entering michael's residence and seeing his daughter standing on the couch and his wife standing on the counter in the kitchen.) If you plan on purchasing, today is your final day for a week since everywhere I look it's out of stock already. So BUY IT. Expand
  46. Sep 17, 2013
    Why do people like to troll the user scores of every single big game is beyond me! Why the jealousy!!? Anyway.. I'm talking as a fan so excuse me if I seem a bit biased, but believe me, this game is PERFECT! It's the best game I have played since Red Dead Redemption! GTA V is so ambitious it might frustrate you! So many things to do, a huuuuuuuuuge map, a very good and long storyline.Why do people like to troll the user scores of every single big game is beyond me! Why the jealousy!!? Anyway.. I'm talking as a fan so excuse me if I seem a bit biased, but believe me, this game is PERFECT! It's the best game I have played since Red Dead Redemption! GTA V is so ambitious it might frustrate you! So many things to do, a huuuuuuuuuge map, a very good and long storyline. Amazing graphics. Everything is perfect! Expand
  47. Sep 18, 2013
    They game is great! I love the story, the mechanics, the driving mechanics are superb! the graphics are also amazing for being on a 8 year old system.
  48. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is the mutts nuts. Got it last night after queuing for half an hour was worth the wait. Rockstar north have done it again. Scotland should be proud. I loved gta 4 and this looks to be even bigger and better everything has been tweaked. Pisses me of when I see negative user review on here because its not on pc YET! It will be calm down. Just like gta 4 was later on. SoThis game is the mutts nuts. Got it last night after queuing for half an hour was worth the wait. Rockstar north have done it again. Scotland should be proud. I loved gta 4 and this looks to be even bigger and better everything has been tweaked. Pisses me of when I see negative user review on here because its not on pc YET! It will be calm down. Just like gta 4 was later on. So stop being ridiculous. That's like me leaving a revew on witcher 2 because it didnt come onto the 360 at the same time as pc. It's stupid grow up children. This is a great game. Expand
  49. Sep 19, 2013
    Truly a fantastic achievement by Rockstar games. It's a phenomenal experience and anyone who's played any of the previous games should definitely be playing this. I was skeptical since GTA 4 was a disappointment for me so I didn't buy the game at first but I spent a good amount of time reading user reviews and finally decided to buy. This has the feel of San Andreas all the way and theyTruly a fantastic achievement by Rockstar games. It's a phenomenal experience and anyone who's played any of the previous games should definitely be playing this. I was skeptical since GTA 4 was a disappointment for me so I didn't buy the game at first but I spent a good amount of time reading user reviews and finally decided to buy. This has the feel of San Andreas all the way and they have really carried through the successes of Red Dead Redemption into this game by having fun, varied missions which have a cool cinematic feel to them and giving the open world much more weight. I stayed away from the hype surrounding this game but man it really looks like this one delivers on all fronts, if there's any way for you to at least try the game if you haven't already just do it, this one must be experienced. This will undoubtedly be in the top 3 games of this generation of consoles. Going back to play, bye. Expand
  50. Sep 17, 2013
    This is one of the best GTA games in the series. The user score is brought down by a bunch of PC loving cry babies. The graphics are great and the game play is smooth. It is also consistent. One thing I noticed was that the characters talked and moved the same in game play and cut scenes. This game is almost like playing out a movie. It is hard not to be so engaged in the game as a whole.This is one of the best GTA games in the series. The user score is brought down by a bunch of PC loving cry babies. The graphics are great and the game play is smooth. It is also consistent. One thing I noticed was that the characters talked and moved the same in game play and cut scenes. This game is almost like playing out a movie. It is hard not to be so engaged in the game as a whole. Overall, look at what negative user reviews are saying and you will see that they do not have legitimate arguments for their ratings. Expand
  51. Sep 21, 2013
    Its GTA its back and its definitely worth the purchase!
    You will cry you will laugh and you will be shocked through the 30+ hours playing this
    There is so much things to do and i swear you will never be bored playing this If it`s one thing i can think of that`s bad it`s the fist combat but it`s not really a big thing since the game does n`t center around it. Now for the low reviews
    Its GTA its back and its definitely worth the purchase!
    There is so much things to do and i swear you will never be bored playing this
    Now for the low reviews this game has been given by
    Wanderlei
    kjm1986
    KriticalChaos
    flax0174
    javaleno
    You all can kiss my ass and f off with the score you are giving this, this game deserves the praise and hype and is more the worth the admission price!
    The fact you all are giving this such a weak score is cuz you are all most likely a pc elitist and want it on the pc. The score you guys are giving it is more suited for "ride to hell" because that is a piece of sit game.Not this!! So f you all!
    To everyone else i say buy this game it`s just amazing!!
  52. Sep 20, 2013
    If you give this game a score of under 10 you are obviously missing some brain cells with that said. Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the yearIf you give this game a score of under 10 you are obviously missing some brain cells with that said. Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Expand
  53. Sep 17, 2013
    Played this for the last 48 hours with the help of pro-plus, and the size of the world is insane, the humour Is back, the unpredictability is back, the craziness is definitely back, there are parts of the world I am just discovering, the scripts are mad, especially Trevor's, the cars don't feel like they are on ice skates like they did in GTA4, the shooting is smooth, 50sq miles of funPlayed this for the last 48 hours with the help of pro-plus, and the size of the world is insane, the humour Is back, the unpredictability is back, the craziness is definitely back, there are parts of the world I am just discovering, the scripts are mad, especially Trevor's, the cars don't feel like they are on ice skates like they did in GTA4, the shooting is smooth, 50sq miles of fun (7x7) biggest distance in miles is 7.3 miles form the top of the map to the bottom, messure 7.3 miles on your mileomiter, that will give you an idea of how big this world is! Expand
  54. Sep 21, 2013
    When someone or a group of people make their own masterpiece, its apparent what it is. This is Rockstar's masterpiece. The gameplay is the best I have played in my decade of gaming, the story, while not up to the soul crushing saga of Niko Belic, is pretty good. The graphics are spectacular, light bathing the streets, detailed animation, faces that look life like. The three main charactersWhen someone or a group of people make their own masterpiece, its apparent what it is. This is Rockstar's masterpiece. The gameplay is the best I have played in my decade of gaming, the story, while not up to the soul crushing saga of Niko Belic, is pretty good. The graphics are spectacular, light bathing the streets, detailed animation, faces that look life like. The three main characters are great, but of the three its Trevor that stands out. He is disgusting, violent, perverted, sociopath. He is also the best character in the entire game and one of the best ever made. His first appearance in modern times setup the character well. He angers a character, breaks him, comforts him, than immediately stomps him to death. Do yourself a favor and get this game. It doesn't get much better than this. Expand
  55. Sep 17, 2013
    GTA V shows that Rockstar still has plenty gas left in the tank with the GTA franchise. The map is HUGE (I still wish they had Las Venturas from San Andreas. [But I digress...]), the graphics are not the best, but nonetheless they are very good, and all of the main characters (Michael, Franklin, and Trevor) are fun to play as in their own way. Michael gives you the luxury life, FranklinGTA V shows that Rockstar still has plenty gas left in the tank with the GTA franchise. The map is HUGE (I still wish they had Las Venturas from San Andreas. [But I digress...]), the graphics are not the best, but nonetheless they are very good, and all of the main characters (Michael, Franklin, and Trevor) are fun to play as in their own way. Michael gives you the luxury life, Franklin gives you the gangster life, and Trevor gives you the crazy life. Not to mention that the amount of activities are limitless. You will be hooked for months on end. The story absolutely beats the stories of the previous installments, including GTA IV (along with its DLCs) and San Andreas. The story is deep and extremely fun to play. Customization has been improved greatly, with customizable cars, tatoos, and players in GTA Online. Speaking of Online, this game has all of the great modes from GTA IV, along with a much deeper and fun experience in free mode.
    Overall, this game is the best GTA game ever, rockstar's best game ever, Xbox 360s best game ever, one of the best games from this generation, and even one of the best games ever made. I was proud that I had pre-ordered and purchased this game in every way possible. This is, without much doubt, the best game I have ever played...
  56. Sep 17, 2013
    Simply the best game on this generation. Its so much fun to play this game, its never boring and you can do everything! Best GTA ever, best Xbox game ever. You just must have it!
  57. Sep 17, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) is truly the game of the year, perhaps the game of the generation. This game is mindblowing. The story has been written perfectly and is really living. I almost felt like I was in the game. The world is HUGE. I played GTA IV before the release and god damn, this feels so different. It takes me about 10 minutes to go from south to north in Liberty City. The GTA VGrand Theft Auto V (GTA V) is truly the game of the year, perhaps the game of the generation. This game is mindblowing. The story has been written perfectly and is really living. I almost felt like I was in the game. The world is HUGE. I played GTA IV before the release and god damn, this feels so different. It takes me about 10 minutes to go from south to north in Liberty City. The GTA V map is bigger than RDR, GTA IV and GTA SA together. Go figure how long it'll take to go from south to north. The game is pretty stable overall, sometimes you'll notice FPS drops. Seriously, you notice these. It doesn't happen often though, so don't worry. Car driving is improved over GTA IV, cars drive smooth. Character switching is also smooth, sometimes when switching characters you'll notice them doing something else. I once switched to Trevor, and... find that out for yourself. Collapse
  58. Sep 19, 2013
    Greatest game ever in my very honest opinion, every penny profit R* make from this game is well deserved! it has set a new standard in gaming that very few developers could ever achieve! I could spend all day just talking about how great it is, but you have to play it yourself to truly understand the scope! well done Sam, Dan and the rest of the amazing team which made this game what itGreatest game ever in my very honest opinion, every penny profit R* make from this game is well deserved! it has set a new standard in gaming that very few developers could ever achieve! I could spend all day just talking about how great it is, but you have to play it yourself to truly understand the scope! well done Sam, Dan and the rest of the amazing team which made this game what it is. On a side note I've noticed a lot of negative reviews for this game on Metacritic, If you truly believe this game is rubbish and not worth a second of your time then fair enough! but if you are going to post bad reviews based on the fact a PC version has not been announced then maybe you don't deserve a pc version at all! R* have made GTA games like this for ages, what makes people think that they should be self entitled to something just because they play pc? most smart people nowadays own a pc and console. Expand
  59. Sep 17, 2013
    Okay so I've been playing this game for a whole day straight, I never got bored for a millisecond. The vehicle handling has improved like crazy. Unlike GTA IV, that had a glimpse of repeating the same thing in missions (just a glimpse) but this game has 0 out of 10 when it comes to repeating stuff, there's a lot to do (a lot). Missions are exiting, sometimes, in cut scenes I felt like I'mOkay so I've been playing this game for a whole day straight, I never got bored for a millisecond. The vehicle handling has improved like crazy. Unlike GTA IV, that had a glimpse of repeating the same thing in missions (just a glimpse) but this game has 0 out of 10 when it comes to repeating stuff, there's a lot to do (a lot). Missions are exiting, sometimes, in cut scenes I felt like I'm watching a good comic-action-thriller film, it's written incredibly smart. The game looks gorgeous, it's one of those games that will blow your mind, even on old 8 year old consoles. Loading screens are a bit long, but it's really nothing that should really bother you. The game is smooth, runs great, my console worked hard all day because I've been playing this all day, but nothing has changed, the game is still smooth and beautiful. The detail in Los Santos is amazing, it's hard to believe the game is only 16 GBs. The 'three protagonists' idea is works like a charm, and its' very funny sometimes. Character customization, is good, you don't have a lot to choose from when it comes to haircuts and beards (maybe some will be unlocked later in the game) but clothes look good on you, there's no texture problems and the choose is very colorful. And now for the characters: Michael, is a miserable, rich, family man, with a horrible shrink. He is suffering his 'midlife crisis' or 'family hatred'. He has his skill similar to Max Payne's 'bullet time'. (and you can actually make him look like Max Payne) Franklin is a CJ type gangster, his special skill is he can slow time while driving, and handle VERY well. And finally Trevor, he is a psychopath, absolutely crazy, I think the most ridiculous character the open world genre has ever seen. Mercy is not on his vocabulary. His special skill is to go crazy! He can take less damage and deal a lot more damage, while the screen is red, and you can hear him screaming out of joy.

So I think I covered everything I could, this game is just loads of fun, everyone should get it, whether you are a shooter type guy, a driver, or just a looker at the graphics, I give this game a 10/10 with joy, Rockstar has done it again.
  60. Sep 18, 2013
  61. Sep 19, 2013
    Is it "the best game"? Doubt it. Does it have a place on top ten games in gaming history? No. Maybe in top 10 games for this generation. But while we remember the best games of C64 or NES, some old PC gamers remember what they have played on their first XT, XBOX 360 can be quickly forgotten. And I am sure as hell, we will see GTA 6 on XBOX One.

What makes GTA 5 so important then? The

What makes GTA 5 so important then? The fact that when everyone streamlines and dumbs down games we see record sales from a game that does something else, and tries to offer more and more depth. No budget cuts, no "always online" requirement, no tricks to force people to buy. It simply delivers quality and people buy it.

It is a shining example of how things should be done.

But it isn't much more. People say "rehash" and name only the tennis and the 3 characters as new. Well, and you have a brand new story, it is longer than an RPG. The world is more detailed than ever. And whats even better guys. But modern day GTAs are famous as art as well, because how they portray values of the western world. And hey, we have a real american family.

But lets check one big change: How we can choose between different tactics, how it increases replay value. I am sure most of the reviews missed this point as well. Do you like this change? I do. And it shows that each and every GTA has something new. Something new, useful, and valuable. This is why a lot of people can preorder it anytime.
  62. Oct 14, 2013
    Only thing I can say about this masterpiece is: BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE!!!!!! This is one of the greatest experiences you will have in any console EVER, BUY IT NOW!!!!!
  63. Sep 17, 2013
    The definitive GTA release thus far. If you liked the prior GTA titles in the past, you need this game in your PS3 or 360. The flight model and driving physics are rock solid. The story based missions are the best seen in an open world game. R* have really raised the bar. Buy it.
  64. Sep 25, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is perhaps the most revolutionary game ever made. It sets a benchmark for all game developers to aspire to. Not only for GTA's sales but simply how incredible the game actually is. What is so great about Grand Theft Auto is that it unites the gaming industry, whether you like shooters, adventures or racing, there is no doubt that everyone comes together to buy thisGrand Theft Auto 5 is perhaps the most revolutionary game ever made. It sets a benchmark for all game developers to aspire to. Not only for GTA's sales but simply how incredible the game actually is. What is so great about Grand Theft Auto is that it unites the gaming industry, whether you like shooters, adventures or racing, there is no doubt that everyone comes together to buy this game.

I have no need to say what GTA is about because to be honest, you already know, but maybe you want to know if GTA 5 is the best Grand Theft Auto ever. Well the answer is yes. Not only does it offer a great story, it also has three overall outstanding characters that will entertain you throughout the game. In short its a mixture of San Andreas and GTA IV. The game offers you the enjoyment and entertainment of San Andreas and the rich and detailed story of IV.

Of course the game is not flawless, far from it. In my opinion the lime light was given to Michael who is clearly the main protagonist of the three. He has the best script and the best moments which I feel is unfair to the other two. They made Trevor seem like too much of a psycho as well. I have spoke to a lot of people who find him annoying/irritating which is obviously a problem for Rockstar. Only in the later stages did Franklin become the star character for me, while both Michael and Trevor were simply too insane for my liking sometimes, Franklin was the one who kept it together and provided sanity within the trio.

Despite those minor issues of mine, I without a doubt enjoyed every minute of the 33 hours I took me to beat the game. Grand Theft Auto 5 is the probably the 3rd best game I have ever played and is something the gaming industry will look upon in envy.

Grand Theft Auto 5 is simply one of the greatest games ever made.

10/10 Outstanding
  65. Sep 17, 2013
    Amazing Game! It's so fun its unreal and all the things you can do on it is mind boggling best game I've ever played! Must Buy! I never thought it could be this good!
  66. Oct 1, 2013
    Is in the best game ever? I don't know, but you can surely argue it. Its a magical game that is more detailed, has more content, and contains deeper writing than any game available on the market. at first i was slightly disappointed, but nothing can live up to the expectations set for a GTA title. however, this is a marvelous game that shouldn't disappoint anyone. no body who purchasesIs in the best game ever? I don't know, but you can surely argue it. Its a magical game that is more detailed, has more content, and contains deeper writing than any game available on the market. at first i was slightly disappointed, but nothing can live up to the expectations set for a GTA title. however, this is a marvelous game that shouldn't disappoint anyone. no body who purchases this title will be able to keep themselves from finishing the game. if a game was ever worth $60, this is it. Expand
  67. Sep 29, 2013
    8.2 for a user score? i bet majority of those down votes came from PC users who cant play the game on their Elite PC with 1080p maxed out graphics AA 60 fps (throwing out PC jargons) things. seriously this game does not deserve even less than a 7 or 8 or heck even a 9!

My review This has got to be the best of the best of open world games, not even the likes of Skyrim or AC can match.

My review
    This has got to be the best of the best of open world games, not even the likes of Skyrim or AC can match. There is always something fun about GTA like the cops, the cars, the cheats, the guns and GTA V adds more to that with likable cast of 3 main characters a finally interesting story and a lot of action and things to do

+everything
    -some glitches is hard to avoid in open world games but is forgivable

68. May 3, 2014
    Brilliant execution on nearly all points. Lag/chop on XBOX showing the age of the system, unfortunately. But you'll quickly forget about that annoyance as you get lost in the hours and hours of things to do in a beautifully crafted environment. Voice acting is stellar, heists are phenomenal, and we can finally save the game without having to go home to bed. Multiplayer is actually fun andBrilliant execution on nearly all points. Lag/chop on XBOX showing the age of the system, unfortunately. But you'll quickly forget about that annoyance as you get lost in the hours and hours of things to do in a beautifully crafted environment. Voice acting is stellar, heists are phenomenal, and we can finally save the game without having to go home to bed. Multiplayer is actually fun and almost as engaging as the single player. If you can't get behind bad protagonists, you're in the wrong game to begin with (your first clue should have been the title), and if you're complaining about the graphics you need your eyes checked. A++ for Rockstar. Will be playing this for a long time. Expand
  69. Sep 26, 2013
    GTA V is Rockstar's magnum opus, and is undoubtedly the best game of 2013.

Rockstar has redefined the boundaries of the definitive open-world genre, creating a new standard in both size and scale that all other sandbox games will be judged. GTA V's cinematic storytelling and dynamic game mechanics blur the edges between gaming and film, fashioning an inherently unique experience
    GTA V is Rockstar's magnum opus, and is undoubtedly the best game of 2013.

GTA V's cinematic storytelling and dynamic game mechanics blur the edges between gaming and film, fashioning an inherently unique experience filled with action, plot twists, and memorable moments that will keep gamers busy for quite some time.

The virtual world of Los Santos is a sprawling, satirical rendition of Southern California, complete with a smattering of region-based environments--from sunny beaches to forest-filled highlands--that are complete with flora, fauna and of course denizens.

GTA V's triumvirate of characters are all engaging and have their own personality traits and backstories, all of which are layered and weave into the game's story arc as to provide a unique spectacle of cinematic storytelling.

The game centers around heists and robberies, with traditional move-based themes featured in nearly every mission. The objectives and missions themselves are wide and varied, punctuating the main story with a variety of random content to enjoy.

All in all Rockstar has released a masterpiece of epic proportions that has re-shaped the open-world sandbox genre, culminating in an incredible gaming experience that permeates with quality, hilarity and of course explosive action.
  70. Oct 10, 2013
    Its back and better than ever,This addition to the GTA franchise pays pure tribute to Rockstar Norths' passion for great open world games.The ups,and the downs make this game one of the greatest games ever;Balancing user play with a rich and colorful plot line.As for the multiplayer aspect,the game becomes a rounded experience where the game can be played competitively,or explored withIts back and better than ever,This addition to the GTA franchise pays pure tribute to Rockstar Norths' passion for great open world games.The ups,and the downs make this game one of the greatest games ever;Balancing user play with a rich and colorful plot line.As for the multiplayer aspect,the game becomes a rounded experience where the game can be played competitively,or explored with friends.If i were to guarantee a game this year,it would be GTA V. Expand
  71. Sep 20, 2013
    What a piece of art, I have started my adventure with the newest GTA instalment yesterday and absolutely loving it! Rockstar did a wonderful job while creating such detailed, massive world here. This game take the best from the previous GTA games, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3, to combine it into one of the best games that ever hit the shelves.The visual side is superb if you willWhat a piece of art, I have started my adventure with the newest GTA instalment yesterday and absolutely loving it! Rockstar did a wonderful job while creating such detailed, massive world here. This game take the best from the previous GTA games, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3, to combine it into one of the best games that ever hit the shelves.The visual side is superb if you will consider the size of the game, obviously you cannot compare it to titles like Crysis, but still this is a massive open world game. The gameplay rocks, controls are solid and smoothly, there is a great improvement over the previous GTA titles. Some people are complaining that the shooting is not as good as in Max Payne 3, but please, this is an open world game and shooting is one of the many, many things you will do in this game, so you cannot compare the mechanics to AAA shooters, where the major focus is on shooting. Still it is very enjoyable and I cannot complain about the mechanics here. The story will keep you intrested and pushing forward to check what will happen next. I am still looking forward to start playing Trevor, as yesterday within the first 10hrs of gameplay I was mainly free roaming with Franklin, driving, enjoying the views, swimming, bike riding and checking all the things that the game offers at the beginning. One thing ref to issue with "play disc" install on XBOX hard drive I have installed the "instal disc" into my Xbox hard disc, whereas the "play disc" I copied into the HDD 500gb external disc (it is USB 3.0 but will still work OK if formated to FAT32). The games works very smoothly, within the first 10hours I havent faced any graphic/texture problems or bugs impressive job done on 8years old hardware! Great job ROCKSTAR! Thank you! Expand
  72. Sep 22, 2013
    I have never played a game more immersive or ambitious than Grand Theft Auto V. This is easily not only one of the best video games of this generation, but of all time.
  73. Sep 20, 2013
    One of the things that becomes obvious when you actually stop playing a great game is that you just lost some conception of time and awareness of the external world at some level and became fully engrossed. The better the game the greater the level of immersion. GTA V is the most immersive and engrossing game I have ever played on all levels.It reminds me of the hours and hours I spentOne of the things that becomes obvious when you actually stop playing a great game is that you just lost some conception of time and awareness of the external world at some level and became fully engrossed. The better the game the greater the level of immersion. GTA V is the most immersive and engrossing game I have ever played on all levels.It reminds me of the hours and hours I spent just aimlessly driving in Vice City and San Andreas. I can finally do that again while doing so much more in a more fully alive, and beautifully realized world. This is a must buy, must have and a must play. Now if only GTA V would come to PS4 and Xbone...... Expand
  74. Sep 17, 2013
    The game is amazing, I love everything about it! You really can do anything, from golf to skydiving, to biking, to of course the main story which I find to be a lot more entertaining and intriguing then GTA IV. I don't think ive enjoyed a game this much in a long time, if you buy one game this year buy this.
  75. Sep 18, 2013
    First of all, the main reason this game is getting over 100 negative user reviews is probably because of PC "master racers" who are pissed that for once the consoles got this GLORIOUS game before they did (to them, I say get over it; you'll get a half assed PC port soon enough that you can mod the living daylights out of eventually. Shut up and let us enjoy our 360s and PS3s for onceFirst of all, the main reason this game is getting over 100 negative user reviews is probably because of PC "master racers" who are pissed that for once the consoles got this GLORIOUS game before they did (to them, I say get over it; you'll get a half assed PC port soon enough that you can mod the living daylights out of eventually. Shut up and let us enjoy our 360s and PS3s for once without you all over yourselves). That said, this is also one of the few times I'd give a game a perfect score: there is so much to do in this game, there is so much detail in this world and every single object in it (buildings, cars, people, the writing; it just goes on), and I've yet to find a single activity that I haven't enjoyed (aside from a slightly annoying GPS and menu system). Is for mature audiences? Yes. Is used so often in conversation that white people are going to have to retrain themselves for when it's acceptable to use that word? OH yes. Is it also something that demands your respect, and that you can tell Rockstar poured their souls into making it as good as possible? YES. And with GTA Online coming two weeks from the original release (and time of writing), I highly doubt that gamers are going to stop talking about this anytime soon. Expand
  76. May 27, 2014
    after playing watch dogs today i realize that this is a masterpiece, i will play it until it hurts is just awesome, cant wait for a new Rockstar game, they deserve everything they have achieve, so many clones of GTA without any good result, so never betray the original sandbox masters.
  77. Sep 25, 2013
    GTA5 is fabulous, magical and wonderfully exciting. Surely stands as one or if not the best in the franchise that changed the world of gaming. Great game.
  78. Sep 22, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 sets the bar for sand box games. You can do so many things in this game its ridiculous. I played a solid 42 hours of the game and I stopped playing because I had beaten the game and I needed to watch the new Breaking Bad episode but right before 9 o'clock I had beaten it there are 3 different endings. The gameplay was completely solid shooting, driving, and switchingGrand Theft Auto 5 sets the bar for sand box games. You can do so many things in this game its ridiculous. I played a solid 42 hours of the game and I stopped playing because I had beaten the game and I needed to watch the new Breaking Bad episode but right before 9 o'clock I had beaten it there are 3 different endings. The gameplay was completely solid shooting, driving, and switching characters was so seamless and easy. I found myself loving all of the main characters equally. The heists were amazing and I cant wait for GTA online to go do them with my friends. Do yourself a favor and pick up this masterpiece. I have 292 hours on red dead redemption and I think I like GTA5 more and it is 10x better than GTA4. Expand
  79. Sep 18, 2013
    Don't listen to the Doom and Gloomers This is without a doubt a 10/10. Looks gorgeous, love the intertwining storylines to mention a just a few. Get it now
  80. Oct 3, 2013
    This is a prime example of why game developers should not release a game every year. The shear scope and polish on this game is daunting. Some reviewers are complaining of bad graphics but considering the size of the world and the fact that its on hardware from 2006 is nothing short of a miracle. The only real issue I have is making money in single player is slower than it should be. TheThis is a prime example of why game developers should not release a game every year. The shear scope and polish on this game is daunting. Some reviewers are complaining of bad graphics but considering the size of the world and the fact that its on hardware from 2006 is nothing short of a miracle. The only real issue I have is making money in single player is slower than it should be. The multiplayer is going through its hiccups but from what I've played it has tons of promise. Expand
  81. Sep 17, 2013
    One truly must laugh at the sheer volume of collected butthurts this butthurt trap has caught. User trolls galore. There is a guy writing the same review word for word with a few minor changes on seperate accounts just to downrank the games user score. I assure you trolls, this game won't be brought down by the same technique that brought others down. There are far more supporters of thisOne truly must laugh at the sheer volume of collected butthurts this butthurt trap has caught. User trolls galore. There is a guy writing the same review word for word with a few minor changes on seperate accounts just to downrank the games user score. I assure you trolls, this game won't be brought down by the same technique that brought others down. There are far more supporters of this game than there are thumbsucking PC gamers who didn't get the game. Sucks for you guys though LOL. anyway, this game is so far fantastic. So much more bright than gta 4 More variety a better characters, just better. Amazing. Hilarious. Buy it. Expand
  82. Sep 18, 2013
    The best GTA yet. It starts you right off into the action and keeps it going without getting in the way of you exploring the vast world. Would highly recommend for anyone who enjoyed the previous GTAs.
  83. Oct 7, 2013
    Oops. Sorry. I've accidentally post my review on the XBOX 360 version. See my review for the PS3 version. Sorry for the mistake. I haven't been on the site for awhile. My apologies.
  84. Sep 17, 2013
    Everything about this game is top-notch,the graphics,the story,the gameplay.This game is AMAZING,one of the best games ever made and the best GTA game.
  85. Nov 1, 2013
    This is the best Ps3 game that i ever played and i think this game deserves a better user score. Wonderful musics original speechs biggest game map that ever build. Amazing
  86. Sep 23, 2013
    As many a gamer have stopped by to pen thoughts on this game so shall I .
    Simply put GTA V is my game of the year since i am going to avoid cod ghosts. The story-line is epic and the characters are hilarious.The story is very well written If you take time to do side quests you will enjoy the main missions even more and boy are they enthralling.
    Whats not to like thinks to shoot and
    As many a gamer have stopped by to pen thoughts on this game so shall I .
    Whats not to like thinks to shoot and people to blow up... EPIC.
  87. Sep 17, 2013
    One hell of a game. It has a great narrative, tight gameplay and a fantastic soundtrack. It's everything you could want from a Rockstar game and more! Game of the year and quite possibly the game of this generation. (Ignore the jealous PC fanboys and buy this game!)
  88. Sep 26, 2013
    If you haven't played Grand Theft Auto V yet, I don't know what you're waiting for. Rockstar Games have always been known for making the absolute best third person action-adventure games of this generation. In fact, one of my favorite games of all time is Red Dead Redemption. They've always seemed to exceed the boundaries of what everybody expects their games to be like, and that's whatIf you haven't played Grand Theft Auto V yet, I don't know what you're waiting for. Rockstar Games have always been known for making the absolute best third person action-adventure games of this generation. In fact, one of my favorite games of all time is Red Dead Redemption. They've always seemed to exceed the boundaries of what everybody expects their games to be like, and that's what makes them the superior developer of this generation. If you play Grand Theft Auto V, you will know exactly why I feel this way. GTA V is a prime example of Rockstar pushing things to the limit. The game world is massive, bigger than any Rockstar game that has ever been released. (Though, big fans of Just Cause 2 will probably find the world size pretty pathetic.) The world is huge, and it is filled with so many interesting things to see and do. If you thought that GTA IV was a live city, GTA V will feel like a living world. Environmentally, the visuals are absolutely astounding, and some parts of the city will leave most of you breathless. Though when it comes down to characters, if felt like some details were left out. And some characters faces appear very cartoon like. Though it doesn't really matter. Unfortunately, a huge (and beautiful) environment leaves room for error. Believe it or not, there isn't that much error at all. There are some bugs that appear occasionally, but they're not game changers. There are also some occasional texture issues. A lot of people are complaining about frame rate drops, but the only time I noticed this was while driving a submarine.

Enough about the presentation, it's time to talk about the 30+ hour story mode accompanying the game. In my opinion, the story is not as compelling or interesting as the well written story in GTA IV. Though it's compelling enough to make me want to play it more than once, which I'm already half-way through doing. The story is mostly focused around Michael De Santa, a former bank robber who has gone into a WitSec program, and is currently residing in his multi-million dollar home with his family, who is dysfunctional in every way. Michael's money is running low though, so he returns to the life of crime. For the first time in GTA history, the player can now play as more than one character. The second available character to play as is Franklin Clinton, a young gang member who constantly tries to survive in an ignorant street life with his old friend Lamar Davis. The third character is Trevor Phillips, one of Michael's old robber buddies who has gone completely insane. Interestingly enough, the three characters stories all intertwine, and this concept creates a fun campaign. The best part is that at any point (when not on a mission), the player can switch between characters. The ending on the other hand, is another story. To avoid any spoilers, the game let's you create your own ending with a tough decision that Franklin must make in the end. Some of them feel linear and short, and the others feel too good to be true.

Thankfully, the game handles way better than GTA IV. The shooting mechanics are better, the driving is more fluent, and it now features a more realistic flying system when it comes down to helicopters and planes. The cover system has also been improved, instead of a touchy cover system from GTA IV.

I'm going to relate back to what I said earlier, you have no reason to not have played GTA V. Though I wouldn't approve the game for anybody younger than 15 years old, it's a game I believe everyone should play before they move onto next-gen technology. Who needs the Xbox One when you have next-gen tech on a current-gen game? It is certainly one of the best games ever made.
  89. Sep 17, 2013
    Simply brilliant! I got the xbox360 version at a midnight release and played throughout the whole night, even though I'm writing exams today. It's superb gameplay and funny interesting story. 15/10 is more like it!
  90. Sep 22, 2013
    Let's just put it like this; FINALY, GTA: San Andreas got de-throned. About time!!Just can't wait for multiplayer.It's as huge as gta; San Adreas, but so much more beautifull an all the new suff they add, most Epic sandbox game ever.
  91. Sep 19, 2013
    The best GTA game so far. From going underwater to starting a business to endless pedestrian killing, this game never loses fun and is a legend in sandbox gaming.
  92. Oct 16, 2013
    AMAZING... AMAZING story... AMAZING characters...

Steven Ogg (Trevor), Ned Luke (Michael) and Shawn “Solo” Fonteno (Franklin) are outstanding actors!

This "game" is way beyond anything ever made.

DOT
  93. Sep 28, 2013
    Everyone that gave this a negative review obviously have NOT played the game. People are just on this to hate because it is getting the money it deserves. "A billion in three days? What is this COD? I'm gonna go hate on Metacritic because its mainstream which obviously means that its overrated!". GTA V has set a new high for gaming. It features some of the best narrative, gameplay,Everyone that gave this a negative review obviously have NOT played the game. People are just on this to hate because it is getting the money it deserves. "A billion in three days? What is this COD? I'm gonna go hate on Metacritic because its mainstream which obviously means that its overrated!". GTA V has set a new high for gaming. It features some of the best narrative, gameplay, graphics and characters EVER in a video game. I got mad at myself for playing the game to fast, if that doesn't mean anything then you should play the game to see what I mean. You do NOT want this game to end! Its just to good! Michael, Trevor and Franklin are great characters and will be remembered for a long time. The huge beautiful world and millions of things to do make this game even better. And then on top of that there are the heists! I've been a long time gamer and I can say that the heist missions are some of the best levels I have ever played in a game! If I were to only have one game to play for the rest of the life I would be proud to have GTA V. Buy it if you haven't its well worth the hype. Expand
  94. Sep 17, 2013
    hands down best game of the year! better yet this is one of the best games i played in my life. great storyline and exciting gameplay. this tops anything that came out this year so glad i bought it day one! i think a lot of people are going like this game.
  95. Sep 17, 2013
    .........................................WHY ARE YOU GUYS/LADIES reading my review? You should be BUYING THIS GAME and playing it RIGHT NOW! My review is very simple.. the graphics are...REALISTIC AND PHENOMENAL! The story is EPIC, the gameplay is legendary, the missions are fun, and there is just so much innovation in this game. The Microtransactions are not the GREATEST idea in the world.........................................WHY ARE YOU GUYS/LADIES reading my review? You should be BUYING THIS GAME and playing it RIGHT NOW! My review is very simple.. the graphics are...REALISTIC AND PHENOMENAL! The story is EPIC, the gameplay is legendary, the missions are fun, and there is just so much innovation in this game. The Microtransactions are not the GREATEST idea in the world but at least it is not FORCED upon gamers unlike some games (EA). This game is going to force GAME COMPANIES to work a lot harder on their titles because NOW they have some serious competition! So take ALL of your previous GTA games and just sell them, throw them away or store them away becasue GTA V is all you need everyone! SO WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE??? BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!! 10/10!! And WHO HAS THE BALLS.... TO RATE THIS MASTERPIECE LOWER THAN A 10?? Oh and Saints Row IV... BEWARE!! Expand
  96. Sep 17, 2013
    Amazing game! Anyone that says otherwise is clearly lying... Great game, lots to do, you'll never run out of stuff to do.

Definitely getting it again for PS4, can't wait till GTA Online
  97. Sep 17, 2013
    "pc" holes. I've got to say I've been enjoying every single piece of GTA 5 so far. Radios take me back, once I found Groove Street I could guide myself through the entire city and the new mechanics are amazingly improved comparing to GTA IV which in my opinion was really overrated.
  98. Sep 23, 2013
    This game is just pure perfection! It takes everything all the other GTA games did right and, makes em even better and adding even more brilliant stuff t) an already brilliant game
    I love Rockstar Games! The gunplay, think: Max Payne 3, lots of guns super customizable, and alreadt a whole wall dedicated to future DLC
  99. Sep 17, 2013
    I'm writing this review because I feel I have to. Everyone needs to know how fantastic and incredible this game is. The world is big and beautiful, graphics are gorgeous, characters are very likeable (especially Trevor) and the attention to detail is astounding. This is a must play and rockstar's greatest game of all time. It definitely lives up to the hype. There is just so much to sayI'm writing this review because I feel I have to. Everyone needs to know how fantastic and incredible this game is. The world is big and beautiful, graphics are gorgeous, characters are very likeable (especially Trevor) and the attention to detail is astounding. This is a must play and rockstar's greatest game of all time. It definitely lives up to the hype. There is just so much to say about this game but it will take forever to explain how groundbreaking it really is. If you liked 4 you will absolutely love this one. There is so much to see and do in this living world rockstar has created. Only flaws I've seen are a bit of pop in and very few glitches. It is extremely polished and was well worth the wait. It's games like these that set the bar infinitely high for open world games and proves that rockstar is the king of open world games. It's gonna be hard to beat this game out...even next gen games don't stand a chance against the masterpiece that is gta 5. Expand
  100. Jun 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The GTA series is the best sandbox game out there. Not only is the single mode exciting, lively, full of action, but its also GRREEAAATT. Its online is also a very good part and I think its the best section. You get to create your character buy what you want (earning your money) including cars, apartments, and even clothes! I recommending buying this game right away if you dont already have it. Expand
  101. Sep 17, 2013

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.