GRID 2 Xbox 360

5.8

1. Jun 1, 2013
    As a gamer who has always preferred simulators like Gran Turismo, I bought this game because I really enjoyed the first Grid game. It is a lot of fun, as even though it isn't really a simulator, it isn't overly arcady like a Need For Speed game. The graphics are absolutely stunning, really pushing the limits of the current gen (I own the PS3 version). The controls take some getting usedAs a gamer who has always preferred simulators like Gran Turismo, I bought this game because I really enjoyed the first Grid game. It is a lot of fun, as even though it isn't really a simulator, it isn't overly arcady like a Need For Speed game. The graphics are absolutely stunning, really pushing the limits of the current gen (I own the PS3 version). The controls take some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, the turning feels really good. I haven't tried online play yet, but the single-player story has been good enough to keep me occupied. Expand
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    Its a very good game though for me not as good as the Grid One was. I just like more simulation than it's in this part. The grid one gave a choice in multiplayer. This one does not. Anyway, playability is still very good, competition and player development makes it almost imposible to stop playing the effect "just one more race" is definitely there, then you become a new car and have toIts a very good game though for me not as good as the Grid One was. I just like more simulation than it's in this part. The grid one gave a choice in multiplayer. This one does not. Anyway, playability is still very good, competition and player development makes it almost imposible to stop playing the effect "just one more race" is definitely there, then you become a new car and have to test it and so on I played 31 hours in 3 days it really does not happen often that's the best recommendation I think. Easy to play, hard to master. And nobody should be angry that it is not an Gran Tourismo. Graphics 7/10, Sound 8/10, Gameplay 9/10. Arcade 70% Simulation 30% Gameplay ist most important for me but I gave not a nine in score because of the DLC politics. Expand
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    So far, great game if you're looking for something to have fun with. The graphics were, for me at first mediocre, however once I cranked up the sharpness on the TV settings it was visually great, but didn't have the same detail as Forza or GT5. The damage was also pretty decent, however I think some of the car deformities can be a little unrealistic. The lack of a view is a littleSo far, great game if you're looking for something to have fun with. The graphics were, for me at first mediocre, however once I cranked up the sharpness on the TV settings it was visually great, but didn't have the same detail as Forza or GT5. The damage was also pretty decent, however I think some of the car deformities can be a little unrealistic. The lack of a view is a little frustrating as it shows a lack of effort, but I'm not normally a heavy user of it so I'm not too bothered all in all.

The gameplay for me was a lot of fun. Each car has a different way of handling, however there are three main types which the cars are rated by: Grip, balanced and drift. Drift cars are extremely tail happy and the second you hit the brakes, will slide around the corner. Grip is a little more grippy, however not as much as I would have liked as they still have a tendency to start sliding when you hit the brake peddle. I surprisingly liked the handling however, even though I am not usually a fan of the more arcady styled handling.

The sound is fantastic and the story mode has started to pick up speed and get me engaged. Online is brilliant fun and for me the matchmaking has been fairly quick, with no in-game lag. The menu music has been irritating me a little, but that can be turned off so for me it's not a problem.

Overall I have had a brilliant time with this game up to now. The gameplay is fun as far as I'm concerned, but not everyone will be a fan of it. I'd say it's definitely more towards the arcade end of the scale. Although the handling can get a bit too arcady at times with the cars that are supposedly meant to 'grip' and the graphics can look a little blurry in places, it's done the job for me who is not usually fan of the less realistic games. Money well spent!
  4. Jun 1, 2013
    Oh God why! Right, let me start by saying that GRID is my favourite racer of all time so I was pretty excited for GRID 2. However I am underwhelmed and confused whenever I start the game. GRID 2's singleplayer is not bad, but its not GRID. It is an excellent example of the genre but it just feels like a stripped down Forza or Gran Turismo, not a sequel to GRID. The multiplayer is anotherOh God why! Right, let me start by saying that GRID is my favourite racer of all time so I was pretty excited for GRID 2. However I am underwhelmed and confused whenever I start the game. GRID 2's singleplayer is not bad, but its not GRID. It is an excellent example of the genre but it just feels like a stripped down Forza or Gran Turismo, not a sequel to GRID. The multiplayer is another story, broken, boring, laggy and unfinished. Some good improvements were made to the ranking system and car customisation however it is a less polished and more frsutrating version of singleplayer with most of the good tracks missing from it.
    GRID 2 is a disappointment compared to GRID, but it is still an excellent singleplayer game and with some work could be a great multiplayer one too
  5. Jun 3, 2013
    Top game but let down by being too short and by the behaviour of the online gamers.

Handling is unique and different and I like that. It can be a little drifty but it can also be driven smooth as well. Good mix of events. First time I have enjoyed drifting. Touge is a little tough in the quickest cars. Good game that would be better if it was longer and if there were more

Good mix of events. First time I have enjoyed drifting.

Touge is a little tough in the quickest cars.

Good game that would be better if it was longer and if there were more severe drawbacks to those deliberately crashing online. Like losing cars or something like that. Or impounding a car that they need to earn back by driving cleaner for a few races.
  6. May 31, 2013
    The handling takes some time to get used too but once you do that perfect lap no other racing game beats it!! this game is so rewarding knowing that if you win its cause you earned it and if you loose then it was your fault. the graphics are amazing not quite as good as forza 4/horizon but very close. online is where i've had most my fun i can buy cars upgrade them and change decals plusThe handling takes some time to get used too but once you do that perfect lap no other racing game beats it!! this game is so rewarding knowing that if you win its cause you earned it and if you loose then it was your fault. the graphics are amazing not quite as good as forza 4/horizon but very close. online is where i've had most my fun i can buy cars upgrade them and change decals plus the rival system works a lot like autolog from need for speed series, overall i am very happy with this game it takes some getting used to but its worth it. Collapse
  7. May 31, 2013
    Great game. Enjoy the whole setup and story line. Not an authentic simulator, but a fun game with great graphics. If you enjoy racing games, you will want to pick this one up.
  8. Jun 2, 2013
    I am warming to this game a little better than the first Grid, which, to be honest, i was a little hostile to. I thought it was too simple and i was used to the Toca Race Driver approach. Grid to is of course similar but feels a little more nuanced somehow, the handling is actually predictable and tricky, it can be deceptive and if you don't respect it, it can catch you out totallyI am warming to this game a little better than the first Grid, which, to be honest, i was a little hostile to. I thought it was too simple and i was used to the Toca Race Driver approach. Grid to is of course similar but feels a little more nuanced somehow, the handling is actually predictable and tricky, it can be deceptive and if you don't respect it, it can catch you out totally unexpectedly, unlike the latest Dirt game (IMHO), if you screw it up, it's your own fault, no point blaming the game!. I've clicked on "8/10" at the top, but more precisely would rate the game in the high 7's. It's a relief from not being challenged in the single player mode of GT5. Expand
  9. May 28, 2013
    Great driving physics, stunning visuals, no but that's ok a great successor to Grid 1.Cars look amazing.Codemasters have done it again.Waiting for Dirt 4
  10. Jun 22, 2013
    I must admit that grid2 can be hard to love. comparing with the original you would initially dismiss this new title as inferior. the driving skill required in grid2 is different to the original. the new game does not do itself any faviours initially. the style is arcade with racing by drifting. I loved the original game and ifs style of racing. I found grid 2 awkward at first. the driftingI must admit that grid2 can be hard to love. comparing with the original you would initially dismiss this new title as inferior. the driving skill required in grid2 is different to the original. the new game does not do itself any faviours initially. the style is arcade with racing by drifting. I loved the original game and ifs style of racing. I found grid 2 awkward at first. the drifting and the arcade style was not to my liking.
    however once you get used to this style of driving the game gets adrealin running. I am startin to really enjoy the game. the cornering is becoming a real joy to undertake. the quality if replays are excellent and a joy yo watch. it is apparant that certain costs have been reduced. the racing is intense. this game does need to time. the driving skills are to be learnt. the cabin cam has gone. it took time to get used to this. graphicz great. sound great. learning curve good and progressive. ai of driver fair but tough. to ne dispite the arcade style does eventual prove a more than adequate successor to grid. I give the game 8.5. please stick with it. well done codemasters
  11. Jun 25, 2013
    I'm just play the game with my Subsidiary; SpideyMaster661. I play the game with a great replay when you crashed to fail and awesome race track and cool car. It's so disapointed about the handbrakes. Because, i can't drifting in the streets when getting jump by other racer in the hurry situation. Why does this happen?
  12. Aug 15, 2013
    Improved graphics and design, awesome engine sounds, more realistic car handling and driving physics, much improved AI, a variety of racing events, a nice range of cars. Those are the great things about this game. The negatives: winning depends too much on drifting, no view, less racing variety than in the first Grid game. Overall a great game if you love racing games.
  13. May 31, 2013

1. Feb 26, 2014
    GRID 2 is a fine racing game on the track, but it's a questionable package when taken in its entirety.
  2. Jul 11, 2013
    I enjoyed Grid 2, but much like its predecessor, little about the experience was remarkable or noteworthy when compared to other racers. This is hardly a title that you'll need to drop what you're currently enjoying to check out, but it's something that I'd suggest purchasing when it drops in price. It's certainly worth a rental or demo, just to give you a taste of what Grid 2 brings to the table.
  3. Jul 5, 2013
    All in all, Grid 2 is a beautiful game that does a spectacular job on the presentation and delivery for an authentic as you're likely to get racing experience. Enthusiasts will find the experience a little too thin for their lacking, but the mainstream audience will find much here to keep their attention if they are willing to put in that initial investment.