5.6

1. May 31, 2013
    The handling takes some time to get used too but once you do that perfect lap no other racing game beats it!! this game is so rewarding knowing that if you win its cause you earned it and if you loose then it was your fault. the graphics are amazing not quite as good as forza 4/horizon but very close. online is where i've had most my fun i can buy cars upgrade them and change decals plus the rival system works a lot like autolog from need for speed series, overall i am very happy with this game it takes some getting used to but its worth it. Expand
  2. May 31, 2013
    Great game. Enjoy the whole setup and story line. Not an authentic simulator, but a fun game with great graphics. If you enjoy racing games, you will want to pick this one up.
  3. May 28, 2013
    Great driving physics, stunning visuals, no but that's ok a great successor to Grid 1.Cars look amazing.Codemasters have done it again.Waiting for Dirt 4
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    So far, great game if you're looking for something to have fun with. The graphics were, for me at first mediocre, however once I cranked up the sharpness on the TV settings it was visually great, but didn't have the same detail as Forza or GT5. The damage was also pretty decent, however I think some of the car deformities can be a little unrealistic. The lack of a view is a little frustrating as it shows a lack of effort, but I'm not normally a heavy user of it so I'm not too bothered all in all.

The gameplay for me was a lot of fun. Each car has a different way of handling, however there are three main types which the cars are rated by: Grip, balanced and drift. Drift cars are extremely tail happy and the second you hit the brakes, will slide around the corner. Grip is a little more grippy, however not as much as I would have liked as they still have a tendency to start sliding when you hit the brake peddle. I surprisingly liked the handling however, even though I am not usually a fan of the more arcady styled handling.

The sound is fantastic and the story mode has started to pick up speed and get me engaged. Online is brilliant fun and for me the matchmaking has been fairly quick, with no in-game lag. The menu music has been irritating me a little, but that can be turned off so for me it's not a problem.

Overall I have had a brilliant time with this game up to now. The gameplay is fun as far as I'm concerned, but not everyone will be a fan of it. I'd say it's definitely more towards the arcade end of the scale. Although the handling can get a bit too arcady at times with the cars that are supposedly meant to 'grip' and the graphics can look a little blurry in places, it's done the job for me who is not usually fan of the less realistic games. Money well spent!

1. Feb 26, 2014
    GRID 2 is a fine racing game on the track, but it's a questionable package when taken in its entirety.
  2. Jul 11, 2013
    I enjoyed Grid 2, but much like its predecessor, little about the experience was remarkable or noteworthy when compared to other racers. This is hardly a title that you'll need to drop what you're currently enjoying to check out, but it's something that I'd suggest purchasing when it drops in price. It's certainly worth a rental or demo, just to give you a taste of what Grid 2 brings to the table.
  3. Jul 5, 2013
    All in all, Grid 2 is a beautiful game that does a spectacular job on the presentation and delivery for an authentic as you're likely to get racing experience. Enthusiasts will find the experience a little too thin for their lacking, but the mainstream audience will find much here to keep their attention if they are willing to put in that initial investment.