8.0

1. Jan 4, 2013
    Easy to learn, but the tutorials dragged a bit. Easy to play, but it's repetitive and boring. Very nice-looking, but it all seems the same after a while. Basic, plain, average - give it a try and see what you think.
  2. Feb 25, 2014
    This game would be awesome, but it has tons of connection issues. For an online game, you would think that you could complete over half of your games. But no, you just get disconnected, or (if you are lucky) only the rest of the players disconnect. This game is a lot of fun and would be at least 8/10 if the connection issues had a light at the end of the tunnel. But this game was releasedThis game would be awesome, but it has tons of connection issues. For an online game, you would think that you could complete over half of your games. But no, you just get disconnected, or (if you are lucky) only the rest of the players disconnect. This game is a lot of fun and would be at least 8/10 if the connection issues had a light at the end of the tunnel. But this game was released over a year ago and all I hear is that they are getting worse. If you buy this, good luck and do not expect to play many full matches. Expand
  3. Dec 5, 2012
    quick games, great gameplay. AND ITS LORD OF THE RINGS!. How can it get any better. I've played Mobas for years, and this one appeals to me in a soft spot that none of the others can. My need for time (short games) and my love for middle earth.
  4. Jan 11, 2013
    When this game works it is very fun. Here are 5 PROS and CONS to this game after putting in many hours and trying various Guardians.

PROS: 1) Quick games. Games rarely last longer than 20-30 minutes. 2) Good variety of Guardians from the LoTR universe with unique abilities. 3) A MOBA that works well with a controller! 4) Loadout system lets you customize your play-style easily. 5)

PROS:
    1) Quick games. Games rarely last longer than 20-30 minutes.
    2) Good variety of Guardians from the LoTR universe with unique abilities.
    3) A MOBA that works well with a controller!
    4) Loadout system lets you customize your play-style easily.
    5) Pretty good balance. No one character feels exceedingly too powerful.

CONS: 1) Lag, forced disconnects, and quitters make the game very difficult and not fun for most games I have played.
    2) Bots do not replace humans players who are disconnected or who quit, making a basically lost game for the team with less players.
    3) Limited community due to poor matchmaking and connectivity issues.
    4) Game + season pass far too expensive for the content and (lack of) developer support provided).
    5) Have called and checked the developer forums and customer service is non-existent.

A game that could be a hidden gem if not plagued by horrible connectivity issues that are driving all but the most die-hard players away. Developer should be ashamed by their lack of support and patches. This game has major issues - STAY AWAY unless a LoTR or MOBA fan!
  5. Jan 25, 2013
    I love this game and they made an amazing transition to console with the moba genre that I was not sure could ever be done. So now your probly wondering why I gave it only a score of 4, well ill tell you. Since this game has been released I have not been able to play a full game. It has nothing but connection problems on the 360 version at least and although they keep promising a fix, eachI love this game and they made an amazing transition to console with the moba genre that I was not sure could ever be done. So now your probly wondering why I gave it only a score of 4, well ill tell you. Since this game has been released I have not been able to play a full game. It has nothing but connection problems on the 360 version at least and although they keep promising a fix, each patch seems just as bad if not worse then before. I would love to say you should get this game but until they fix the ridiculous connection problems, and the slight snowballing that still exists, I just cant get this a better score. They should have dedicated servers and that would fix all their problems. I like to say if they dont have dedicated servers you know their not dedicated developers. They would love to have you believe Im the only one experiencing this but from talking to people in game I am in the majority not the minority and this is literally the only xbox 360 game I have any connections issues with, and I love multiplayer games so I can assure you its the game and not my connection. If they ever fix this issue I will return and update my review but as of now I dont see any fixes in the future and I feel robbed for buying a game and all its dlc ( I pre-ordered the dlc thinking the connection issue was only because it had just been released) and now cant play the game at all because like I said I already now I wont be able to finish a whole one. Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Feb 21, 2013
    Guardians of Middle-Earth is an entertaining tactical action RPG, which borrows its basic gameplay from the tried and tested DotA. [Feb 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2013
    Not only the first real MOBA game for consoles, but also one of the better ones in this sub-genre. There’s not many flaws I can point out in GoMe. If anything, I doubt its longevity – there are only 22 guardians to choose from and capabilities of building a community are much smaller than on PC. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.42]
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jan 29, 2013
    Monolith has managed to introduce a relatively difficult genre to consoles, only to fall at the simplest of hurdles. [Issue#94, p.79]