6.9

1. Nov 13, 2012
    There is no doubt that 343 Industries handled one the most famous FPS game of the history almost impeccably as soon as you play the first campaign missions. At the core it's still the same old great Halo we've been playing for years, yet at times, the game can deliver that same freshness the first one delivered as you're thrown in a completely new world against a whole new enemy even moreThere is no doubt that 343 Industries handled one the most famous FPS game of the history almost impeccably as soon as you play the first campaign missions. At the core it's still the same old great Halo we've been playing for years, yet at times, the game can deliver that same freshness the first one delivered as you're thrown in a completely new world against a whole new enemy even more threatening than the Covenant. The sound is still one of the finest you'd find, only this time, the same can be said in regard to the graphics. How beautiful this game looks! The gameplay, in spite of the default sprint, has changed very little and been kept as good as the past games. Last but not least, the multiplayer; well, in a nutshell: EXTREMELY addictive. Beware. Unfortunately, many Halo fans' favorite playlists were not shipped with the game, but it is nothing a patch can't fix. Fan of Halo? MUST buy. Not a fan? Why not join us now? It's a new trilogy, and 343i has proved itself to be more than capable of carrying on the legacy of the series. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    i can't say anymore than this is an amazing game. the Campaign is STELLAR and i cant say anything else because of spoilers and finally halo has really great graphics the first time i go out of darkness of requiem into sunlight it was the same feeling of being on halo for the first time.

Multiplayer is SO FUN and even though its diffrent its still halo :)
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    First off I am a long time halo fan and I actually wasn't going to buy it after hearing some interviews with the designers. Reviews started pouring in and it got me excited enough to pick it up. Long story short, if your a halo fan or a fan of sci fi you will probably like this.

The music while not as epic or memorable as Marty o Donnels scores still easily surpass almost all other games. It is a welcome change of tone for me and feels like it could be right at home in a mass effect game, also a big fan of the mass effect music. If you have ever seen the movie Sunshine, 28 days later, or snatch which the soundtracks for those were all done by a guy named John Murphy. It feels like his style mixed with some mass effect. Which again are great because im a big fan of all this. So enough about the music, I loved it.

The gameplay is what you'd exspect from halo and if you are a fan of the others than you will feel right at home with this one.

The storyline is great minus 2 chapters which didn't serve any purpose but as filler. There's 2 chase scenes and they both are very glitchy but they are over quickly and don't ruin the experience.

I did have a problem unlocking a avatar award but after I cleared my cache and tied again it popped the second time. Not a big deal but when I am useto bungies extremely high quality little touches like that make it apparent that bungie had nothing to do with this. Great game, not the best but better than most.

Ohh and no swat in matchmaking? WTF?
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    The Best. from being a very avid player of the series. i'm glad they incorporated a lot from the books. a good example would be the relationship between the didact and librarian. It seems that 343i has been doing research on the story. the best part would be the graphics overall since Halo has never seen the daylight of true 1080p Resolution . OVERALL It Is AMAZING. Bungie. the legendaryThe Best. from being a very avid player of the series. i'm glad they incorporated a lot from the books. a good example would be the relationship between the didact and librarian. It seems that 343i has been doing research on the story. the best part would be the graphics overall since Halo has never seen the daylight of true 1080p Resolution . OVERALL It Is AMAZING. Bungie. the legendary corporation that made Halo handed over there baby to another company no one has ever heard of and improved it beyond reason. Must get? Yes. and it's a must try for any. good investment Expand
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    Wow. I'm surprised. I was not expecting it to be this good. When 343 took over I can't lie I was little curious on if they were the right people to take it over, and if it is even worth continuing the Halo series without Bungie. But after Halo 4 I'm sold and completely convinced. For starters the story was amazing. Going more personal with Master Chief and Cortana was very clever, sinceWow. I'm surprised. I was not expecting it to be this good. When 343 took over I can't lie I was little curious on if they were the right people to take it over, and if it is even worth continuing the Halo series without Bungie. But after Halo 4 I'm sold and completely convinced. For starters the story was amazing. Going more personal with Master Chief and Cortana was very clever, since it's not something I thought about before about them two having this relationship. Plus the voice acting was very, very good. The most shocking I think though is the sound and graphics. I mean wow. They blew me away. Those departments really nailed it. I truly thought the first cut scene was live action for a good minute. And the guns now sound powerful as if you are really firing that gun. Now the multiplayer. Still fun as always. I'm glad they added some of the nowaday modern shooter features that have been popular like loadouts, and sprinting as not just an armor ability. I think 343 used the features to the perfect extent. They made it so it did not feel too much like other shooters and still as the Halo we love. Obviously there is a lot of hate for the loadouts and sprint comparing it to COD, but I don't think 343 had much of choice. It's what people has come to except nowadays in shooters, and it's the first time Halo is really changing their multiplayer format and hey, I welcome the change. And if I were to compare it to anything, I would compare it to the Battlefield series more, especially when playing big team battle. Overall the games amazing, and it's a must play. Of course it's not perfect, but with 2 more games left, they are sure to hit that mark. Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    As a long-time Halo fan, I was admittedly a bit weary that 343 wouldn't be able to handle the Halo franchise. I thought it would be like Halo Wars; big-budget, and well-polished, but just overall lacking in real quality; 343 just didn't have the experience to get it right, especially on their first try.

Well I'll be damned, they did it. Is it a perfect game? No. But Halo 4 is a labor of love, and every corner of this game has been loving crafted by some people who obviously wouldn't give up what they're doing for anything else in the world.

Graphically, right out of the box, this game blows away anything else that has ever appeared on the Xbox 360. Bungie made leaps and bounds with an amazing graphical engine for Halo's latest installment, but Reach never really had any BEAUTIFUL moments that really took advantage of just what they could do, and Halo 4 really steps up to the plate, combining a brilliant graphics engine with just amazing art direction. There's never a dull environment.

And as a long-time fan of Marty O'Donnell (heck, I practically worship the guy), I would have to say that by-and-large, Neil Davidge does a pretty damn good job of filling some large shoes for this game's soundtrack. Though he has perhaps fewer pieces that stand out as truly enjoyable stand-alone ones, with a large number simply being atmospheric pieces, and many of his melodies aren't quite as inspired as Marty's, his sound production skills are in a league of his own, with even the most basic pieces made enjoyable by some amazing layering of multiple melodies and rhythms.

And speaking of sound, this game is almost as much of a step forward as it is graphically. Every gun is an absolute treat to shoot, reload, and bash people's (and ancient dormant alien defense AI's) faces in with. Explosions are beefy, vehicles sound great, and combat is as visceral and intense as ever.

The written story, however, is likely one of the weaker parts of the game. While it gets the job done, by setting up some amazing gameplay moments and with cutscenes that are brought to life by facial animation easily on par with LA Noire and some fantastic voice acting, especially by Jen Taylor and Steve Downes's interactions, it can be somewhat sketchy and hard to follow at a few points, especially if you haven't read any of the books leading up to this game. But the underlying motif of Chief's (and Cortana's) humanity is a touching, thought-provoking, and emotional one.

What it all comes down to, however, is the gameplay, and man, did 343 really put some thought into it. As somebody who wanted to love Reach so badly but just never really clicked with it, Halo 4 puts some oil on the gears and gets them turning again. The campaign is chock-full of some amazing moments (the Mammoth ride had me drooling the entire time) and while it can have some repetitive moments inside of the Forerunner structures, it's overall well-paced and plenty of fun. The covenant are their usual selves but feel more responsive and coherent. If you start dropping grunts, elites will duck in and out to draw your fire. Kill high-ranking leaders, and enemies will flee and regroup to take you down.

And then there's the Prometheans. While there are only three enemy types (the pack-minded crawlers, the floating support-oriented watchers, and the commanding Knights), they all work off of each other to outwit and destroy you. Lone Crawlers will draw you into ambushes where they overwhelm and snipe you, Watchers will put barriers over enemies you are attacking, throw grenades back, and resurrect its fallen comrades, and Knights will do everything they can to obliterate you, teleporting in to slash at you when their heavy armaments don't do the trick. The enemy AI is fantastic, and creates diverse and interesting dynamic encounters where a single enemy can make a world of a difference on higher difficulties.

And multiplayer is a whole new fare. I was more than skeptical about loadouts, but among every weapon, everything feels balanced. This is nothing like Call of Duty, where you have 30 guns that do the same thing, with everybody racing to unlock the overpowered one that requires you to play a ridiculous amount of time to reach. Here, you have a small amount of distinct but equal weapons, and have to play a minimal amount of time to unlock them. Perks are also a neat addition, taking as little time to unlock as the minimal but neat difference they make. I never lost a gunfight because somebody else could carry an extra clip into the battlefield, and anybody complaining about them wrecking the game has obviously not bothered giving them a chance.

Overall, Halo 4 is a shining example of a game. 343 has blown away every single expectation for this game, and there's plenty of content to appreciate, from its somewhat short but oh-so-sweet Campaign, to its Multiplayer rich with too many features to list to weekly, episodic, and FREE spartan ops missions.

Buy Halo 4.
  7. Nov 13, 2012
    Halo 4 is a great game. It's my favorite Halo campaign and its multiplayer is much than Reach's online. The graphics and sound are spectacular and very innovative. This game pushes the Xbox 360 to its graphical limit and it show very well. This game is most certainly worth your money especially if you're a fan of the other halo games. And for all you reach haters like myself, no armor lock :)
  8. Nov 14, 2012
    The Halo franchise is in good hands. 343 industries did what many thought it could not be done, make a Halo game that surpasses in many areas what Bungie created with Combat Evolved. The art style is amazing, pushing a 7 year old machine to produce incredible vistas that are accompanied by an amazing sound design. As great as it sounds I really think they played it too safe. Some differentThe Halo franchise is in good hands. 343 industries did what many thought it could not be done, make a Halo game that surpasses in many areas what Bungie created with Combat Evolved. The art style is amazing, pushing a 7 year old machine to produce incredible vistas that are accompanied by an amazing sound design. As great as it sounds I really think they played it too safe. Some different gameplay scenarios that did not involve pushing a button or shooting everything in sight would have been welcomed. Still, a great campaign, the addictive as ever multiplayer and the spartan ops cooperative missions make this a must play for anyone. Expand
  9. Nov 14, 2012
    The graphics are amazing, I'm surprised they could have such beautiful graphics on a 7 year-old console.The campaign wasn't too long, it was a decent length, but it was truly beautiful with an amazing story. Spartan ops is neat but suffers from major lag when played online. The multiplayer adds in some ways additions to make it like COD, but it is kind of a good thing. They've made changesThe graphics are amazing, I'm surprised they could have such beautiful graphics on a 7 year-old console.The campaign wasn't too long, it was a decent length, but it was truly beautiful with an amazing story. Spartan ops is neat but suffers from major lag when played online. The multiplayer adds in some ways additions to make it like COD, but it is kind of a good thing. They've made changes to keep Halo fresh and the game is Extremely fun. Expand
  10. Nov 14, 2012
    Hands down the game of the year. Phenomenal graphics, fun and easy to grasp gameplay and sharp new visual design, yet it is absolutely Halo.

Hail to the Chief
  11. Nov 15, 2012
    343 has managed to bring back the huge scale and epic feeling of Halo 2. They have also managed to make some modern multilayer tweaks to pander to gamers who need innovation and change with new games to make them worth buying. Halo 3 didn't have enough new elements, while Reach had too many and was unbalanced. Here they have managed to strike a good balance between old and new, with how343 has managed to bring back the huge scale and epic feeling of Halo 2. They have also managed to make some modern multilayer tweaks to pander to gamers who need innovation and change with new games to make them worth buying. Halo 3 didn't have enough new elements, while Reach had too many and was unbalanced. Here they have managed to strike a good balance between old and new, with how the game feels and the added running, abilities etc. Some would say they are making it like Call of Duty but I would say they are showing a little humility and just taking the best (and most obvious) elements from other popular and successful modern shooters and building on their core gameplay with them. It's still hard to say why I have a 'Halo 2' vibe from this, but I do.

I'm halfway through the campaign and I'm only level 24 on multi player, but I can already tell I will continue to play for months to come. Fighting the covenant still feels largely the same with the mediocre a.i and same vehicles, but the new Promethean race feels fresh. They are challenging to fight and not mindless like the flood. Multiplayer maps feel instantly better than Reach. They are well designed. They're don't seem to be a lot of them, but Haven among others already feel like instant classics with awesome site lines to explore. This takes cues from all Halo games and builds on them. It's exciting that this is the first game in a new trilogy. When they start doing something really innovative with the match making and have MMO elements included like trading, interplanetary travel etc. I will give it a ten. Nine for now. The real chief is back.
  12. Nov 30, 2012
    Honestly one of the best Halo games yet. The only things i don't really like is that the Prometheans are crazy powerful and the DMR is also CRAZY POWERFUL
  13. Nov 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Halo 4 is a good game in my opinion, although many do not seem very good, but to me, this is one of the best in the series. The story is very compelling from start to finish, with an introduction you see Dr. Catherine Halsey talking about the Spartans. It then shows that reactive Cortana Master Chief to see who made ​​contact, was the Covenant that apparently were at war with humans again. Then they arrived to Requiem, known the Didact, the antagonist of the game. In the end, he dies, and what surprised most is the death of Cortana, very tragic. The game has excellent graphics, good gameplay, good multiplayer. In conclusion, a great game. Expand
  14. Nov 17, 2012
    Halo 4 is an enjoyable experience everyone should take part in.

Campaign. 8 missions of good times. Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it's definitely worth playing all the way through. More action scenes from the Chief's POV make it seem like you're doing it. Only complaint is Chief talks more in this installment. Multiplayer. Insane. The maps are balanced and quite
    Halo 4 is an enjoyable experience everyone should take part in.

Multiplayer. Insane. The maps are balanced and quite enjoyable. You can now have loadouts, meaning you can choose to start with an automatic or precision rifle from UNSC, Covenant, or Forerunner. Different armor abilities and perks make multiple possibilities so you can play Halo the way you want to.

Spartan Ops. Short, little missions you can play solo or with a friend. Only complaint is it's too easy as you have infinite lives, even on solo legendary. Luckily, 343 Industries is releasing new episodes which each contain 5 more missions.

Customization is better here than in Reach. You can change helmets, torso, shoulders, forearms, legs, and visor. Completing different challenges nets you a different variant of most of the armor so you can choose your favorite design. 343 Industries, you did an amazing job with Halo 4 and I'll be patiently waiting for the next installment.
  15. Nov 19, 2012
    This game in my opinion is the best in the series. Keep in mind I thought Reach was a downgrade from Halo 2 and 3. There are huge improvements with weapons, graphics, sounds, story line in campaign, and level set up. 10/10 no doubt.
  16. Nov 20, 2012
    Halo your doing it right. What a fantastic game!!! The best graphics in a console FPS period. Killzone 2 looked just as amazing, just lacked COLOR. A story mode that finaly lives up to Halo: CE!!! Don't think about it just BUY IT. The thing I love about Halo is you pay for what you get unlike COD. Halo always changes and isn't the same game every year. Halo does share a lot ofHalo your doing it right. What a fantastic game!!! The best graphics in a console FPS period. Killzone 2 looked just as amazing, just lacked COLOR. A story mode that finaly lives up to Halo: CE!!! Don't think about it just BUY IT. The thing I love about Halo is you pay for what you get unlike COD. Halo always changes and isn't the same game every year. Halo does share a lot of elements with COD now. But it still feels like Halo thank god. Expand
  17. Nov 20, 2012
    OK, this is my honest review on the game and I believe it is great! Anyone that believes that they copied Call of Duty outright hasn't played the game. Sure, some features were in CoD first, but some features in CoD were taken from Halo. This is what games do, take ideas from other games and improve on them, which Halo has done. Halo 4 is faster paced than the previous games, with instantOK, this is my honest review on the game and I believe it is great! Anyone that believes that they copied Call of Duty outright hasn't played the game. Sure, some features were in CoD first, but some features in CoD were taken from Halo. This is what games do, take ideas from other games and improve on them, which Halo has done. Halo 4 is faster paced than the previous games, with instant respawns in some features, and contains custom loadouts. These loadouts are not in any way truly affected by rank. First of all, it takes 1 War Games Match to go from SR1 to SR2 (SR is the ranking system). At SR2, you can purchase either the DMR or the BR, the two best loadout weapons. If you want a Carbine or Lightrifle for PERSONAL preference, then you have to wait a bit. I prefer the Lightrifle because of its dual functionality, but it isnt BETTER to say the least. All the weapons have their range. Of course a DMR will beat an Assault rifle from a distance. But Assault Rifles will destroy DMR at close range. YOU need to get into position to get the kills, so stop complaining about OP weapons. And there are no "Prestiges" like someone else said, and Amour Abilities are not OP either. Neither are Tactical or Support upgrades. They make small changes for PERSONAL preference. So all in all, Halo 4 has a balanced multi-player.
    The campaign is short but very good. The levels are fun and exciting. So if you have 60$, buy this game NOW!
  18. Nov 20, 2012
    This game is excellent. Singleplayer: The story is lacklustre (but has real potential for sequels) and those flying things are a pain in this ass. Those two minor gripes aside, I loved the new campaign! Spartan Ops: It's revolutionary. It keeps the story going, offers great co-op content, and is a fun alternative to previous Firefight modes. Multiplayer: I love it. It seems like theThis game is excellent. Singleplayer: The story is lacklustre (but has real potential for sequels) and those flying things are a pain in this ass. Those two minor gripes aside, I loved the new campaign! Spartan Ops: It's revolutionary. It keeps the story going, offers great co-op content, and is a fun alternative to previous Firefight modes. Multiplayer: I love it. It seems like the majority of problems people have with it stem from the game being different than Halo 2. Since I never played much Halo 2, this isn't a problem for me! It brings modern standards to Halo, and keep it fun and exciting. However, I wish there wasn't so much overlap between different guns. I rarely find myself switching from the DMR to any other weapon. Expand
  19. Nov 21, 2012
    this game is amazing? no, it can't be defined with words how great this is... a masterpiece, mindblowing, 10 of 10 , a classic that your childs will have to play. I am from old scholl gaming, and this is so amazing like mario, zelda and lara croft! it's even better than that
  20. Nov 24, 2012
    Best graphics, best single player campaign, best weapons, best multiplayer. A masterpiece, 343i demonstrated the love for the series, bringing the best Halo yet to the Xbox console. Thank you
  21. Dec 16, 2012
    this game present the best graphics in Xbox 360, the campaign is short but is very amazing, takes the good things the previous Halo is the best halo since Halo CE. This game is essential in any collection of a user of XBox 360
  22. Dec 18, 2012
    Overall 343 did an amazing job at Halo 4.
    Now over a month after release and after I have spent several dozen of hours I can quite well say that I really like this game. The campaign is a little short but still provides a great and enjoyable experience. Haven
  23. Jan 4, 2013
    I've been a fan of HALO since the very first game (Still own every copy of it). HALO was the very first game i played on my old XBOX. And I fell in love with the game. And I've always looked forward to the next HALO game (except REACH, that game was meh)

I'm a huge fan of everything HALO, and I have to say I am NOT disappointed with HALO 4. It is everything I hoped for and more. The sounds/audio is amazing. And the voice acting is superb. Graphics are great for a Console Game. The plot/story is just how I imagined it would be after hours of speculation after Halo 3. And the forerunners look just great.

They did change the sound of several weapons and in my honest opinion. A lot of the sound even better now, and more ear-gasm-ing sounding. You know, they sound epic.

Level design is good, I love the environments and I found myself spending a lot of time looking around at different things. Love the attention to detail.

343 has done a great job, and I admit I was scared they would butcher the series. But they have not. They have give HALO new life, and I hope they will give me many more hours of fun to come.

Spartan Ops is a great addition to the game, I found it to be fun to play, especially with friends.

I did play a little of the Mutliplayer Aspect in HALO 3 and HALO REACH but I never got into it that much. I enjoyed it but it wasn't for me I suppose. But for those worried HALO 4's multiplayer is going to be vastly different. Fear not, it still feels like the good old HALO multiplayer. and it's even more fun now! I love it!

This is the first time I've really been playing HALO's multiplayer aspect and loving it A LOT. I never hated it, I liked it in the past. But it just didn't click for me that much. It does now. It feels just like I guess HALO 3 and REACH. But better, different. But in a good way. (No, it's not simplified. I still get my ass kicked as always) But I don't know. It feels like there's less BS with connections and such now. It runs more smoothly. I did spend a good couple of 100 hours playing REACH Multiplayer sure, I did enjoy it but it wasn't my thing for a while. I found it hard to get into. I suppose now that I know how it works, it was easier for me to get into HALO 4's multiplayer.

Either way, if you're a true HALO fan, you are going to love the campaign and the multiplayer.
  24. Jan 1, 2013
    Amazing game i mean cortanas pretty much naked and the gameplay is at its peak graphics are at its peak real flood and bigger maps more destructive combat.
  25. Jan 6, 2013
    Amazing game! The graphics upgrade that 343 has done on this game is simply outstanding. The new campaign was entertaining and I really enjoyed it. The new Spartan Ops feature is great (New missions with cut scenes done in seasons). At first I was disappointed 343 removed Firefight, but have enjoyed Spartan Ops much more now anyway. The multiplayer is as tight as ever and tons of newAmazing game! The graphics upgrade that 343 has done on this game is simply outstanding. The new campaign was entertaining and I really enjoyed it. The new Spartan Ops feature is great (New missions with cut scenes done in seasons). At first I was disappointed 343 removed Firefight, but have enjoyed Spartan Ops much more now anyway. The multiplayer is as tight as ever and tons of new weapons and abilities and to the package. This game has broken all my expectations and is my favorite Halo game ever. Expand
  26. Mar 26, 2013
    Wow. That's how you would sum up Halo 4 in one word. Great story, addicting multiplayer,and great ending. Probably the only complaint would be the DMR being over powered. But if playing everything else in the game you won't care. Please if you're a halo fan stop reading this review and buy this game. You won't be disappointed.
  27. Apr 22, 2013
    Halo 4 is definately the best exclusive game on the xbox 360 and thats no easy feat. the single player campaign is pretty good, i dont hink as good as halo 2 or 3 but a good start to a new trillogy staring the one and only master chief. the graphics in the game are quite amazing with lighting that is the true showcase for the game. halo has finnaly come out on top with the graphics areHalo 4 is definately the best exclusive game on the xbox 360 and thats no easy feat. the single player campaign is pretty good, i dont hink as good as halo 2 or 3 but a good start to a new trillogy staring the one and only master chief. the graphics in the game are quite amazing with lighting that is the true showcase for the game. halo has finnaly come out on top with the graphics are concerned compaired to cod of battlefield. the controls have been tweeked yet again from halo reach where u can now run by default which is very nice and overall i think the contols are quite tight. they did replace the firefight game mode with a new mode called spartan ops which is a nice addition as it has a story in it that goes beyond the campaign as well as letting you use your own spartan. but what really shines is the multiplayer which as been the case for as long as halo has been around. the new perk and armor abilities really spice it up and make the game stand on its own as far as fps games go. the maps both on the cd and dlc are amazing as well with some sure classics in the group such as haven and complex. if you are a halo fan, fps fan, multiplayer fan, or just want a good game this is where it is at. i have over 5 days put into the multiplayer alone. dont think about it just buy it. nuff said. Expand
  28. Apr 23, 2013
    The ending. Enough said. Halo 4 was saved by the incredibly emotional ending. MP is usual Halo so no real problems there. The game is overall probably the weakest Halo game in terms of varied gameplay, however the ending is so strong that it makes it quite memorable.
  29. May 11, 2013
    Possibly one of the best games i have ever played!
    Should be much higher than 6.9
    Enjoyable and rewarding combat
    great story
    Great Multiplayer and modes
    What is not to love!
  30. Aug 2, 2013
    Halo 4 was an easy GOTY 2012. It lived beyond its expectations by bringing a spectacular campaign and a briallantly envigerated multiplayer. The multiplayer features great maps, far superior to the color pallet in Halo Reach, the design exceded as well in these maps. Halo has given custumizeble abilities
    but manages to inovate beyond cod in this but STILL manages to keep the game balanced and fun. Forge is great but in my opinion not quite in the glory of Reach. Still the matchmaking exceeds byond any halo except Halo 3 (I dont own an origonal xbox, but have played and loved the first 2 halos.).
    The campaign also brings the best pacing shown in the halo series. The new enemies are great, possibly better than the covenant, but the falcon, revents, drones, and skirmishers (halo reach) are sorely missed But you do take the control of a pelican. My only issue with the campaign was its end, as it brought simple gameplay. Even so the cinematics and story were moving, making me forgive as the very end still delivered. Spartan Ops, another feature of the game, doesnt live up to be as good as firefight, but as there are 50 missions and I will tell many are good. They are not all good, but there is something for everyone. In my opinion, spartan ops is like a jumbe of missions given as a bonus and 343 tells you "here you go, 50 missions, have fun." And you do as spartan ops is great fun with some friends and the generous spawn system allows it to be easy to complete (but not easy in the sense of not dying as the combat's difficulty is on par with the campaign.) In all, Halo 4 comes to be one of the best Halos as a great addition to the franchise and stands as a breath of life into the franchise, bringing
    innovations that shows that Halo is still the king. 10 out of 10/ 9.5 out of 10.
  31. Jul 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the multiplayer, but i want more game modes to the multiplayer and custom game. The campaign is okay but it would be better if it were 1 more difficulty, like super-legendary so it could be harder to play the campaign, but all the other halos only have those other like halo 4 too. The maps is awesome, and the weapons are awesome... It's a nine from me! Awesome Game Expand
  32. Aug 16, 2013
    Best graphics I have ever seen in a game, fun and thrilling campaign, and the new aspects of multiplayer add a lot of new mechanics and ways to play it.
  33. Nov 19, 2013
    Adorei esse jogo. Perfeito na minha opinião. Graficos muito bons e história aprofundada. Nunca imaginei que Halo cresceria tanto. Um jogo indispensável para os amanter da serie e do console Xbox
  34. Nov 21, 2013
    when I first got this game home, I was breathless on its graphics and story, halo 4 is a step up from reach, up to the end of 2013 I still play halo 4 multiplayer this game is meant to last you years, the only problem is I wished it was a longer game, but over all its perfect in my opinion.
  35. Nov 30, 2013
    Definitely lives up to the standard of this franchise. The campaign is intriguing, interesting and engaging as ever; they even correctly referenced the ending of Halo 3 in the beginning of Halo 4. The plot is kind of slow in the beginning, but easily picks up in a little over half an hour, and new weapons and abilities are sprinkled throughout. The ending [NO spoiler] is very reminiscentDefinitely lives up to the standard of this franchise. The campaign is intriguing, interesting and engaging as ever; they even correctly referenced the ending of Halo 3 in the beginning of Halo 4. The plot is kind of slow in the beginning, but easily picks up in a little over half an hour, and new weapons and abilities are sprinkled throughout. The ending [NO spoiler] is very reminiscent of a Bioshock game, and sets the game up for an epic sequel.

The graphics are probably one of the best features of this game. Visually stunning, 343 has improved the game engine drastically, with better shadows, lighting, lens flares, anti-aliasing, textures, and many other great things. Whether you melee an enemy or fire a rocket at a moving car, you can feel the kick from the weapon and hear a satisfying crack as you break a hole in your enemy's skull, all without audio spam.

The soundtrack is superb, as should be expected for a Halo game. In order to fully understand why, you have to listen to it yourself. Epic, expanding, and fitting for the mood of Halo, you won't be disappointed by the audio in this game.

Finally, the multiplayer has been improved and refined in many ways. While the maps may be a little lackluster, weapon loadouts and 343's own take on perks will keep the game fresh and exhilarating, and an HD remake of the classic Halo 3 map Valhalla will trigger your nostalgia.

Overall, a visually well-crafted game with few cons and many pros that will leave you satisfied with the series, game, and what is to come.
  36. Jan 13, 2014
    Greatest Halo game!
    High quality feeling and audio, at 1080p it's graphics rival those of next gen!
    Though I miss the original Halo music, the new music is memorable and emotional..
  37. Sep 12, 2014
    This game is really well put-together, with a great story continuing from the previous games and great multi-player to wo with as well. The only reason people would down vote this game is they have their nose up Bungie's rear. I hope that 343 Industries will continue to take Halo to new heights and all of Bungie's future endeavors will fail time and time again. But enough of that, thisThis game is really well put-together, with a great story continuing from the previous games and great multi-player to wo with as well. The only reason people would down vote this game is they have their nose up Bungie's rear. I hope that 343 Industries will continue to take Halo to new heights and all of Bungie's future endeavors will fail time and time again. But enough of that, this is a great game for new players and old veterans of the Halo series like myself. Expand
  38. Nov 8, 2014
    The multiplayer is fine and that is all i could ask for but the campaign is breath taking the best game i have ever played. The emotion of the game is outstanding. how anyone could dislike this game even in the slightest is unfathomable.
  39. Nov 10, 2012
    I cant believe why people don't like this game. Most of the time i read reviews about how its crap because of load-outs and kill-cam. these people are just stupid. COD is now halos biggest rival so it was a smart move by 343 to add the load-outs and kill-cam. It was to combat COD. Anyway back to Halo. The graphics are fantastic and the campaign is short and sweet. One of the main reasonsI cant believe why people don't like this game. Most of the time i read reviews about how its crap because of load-outs and kill-cam. these people are just stupid. COD is now halos biggest rival so it was a smart move by 343 to add the load-outs and kill-cam. It was to combat COD. Anyway back to Halo. The graphics are fantastic and the campaign is short and sweet. One of the main reasons why i love this game is the multiplayer. As i said before about the load-outs and kill cam, yes it does take that form call of duty but it still keeps its halo roots. Honestly this game for me feels more like a halo game than reach did. Don't get me wrong, i thought reach was awesome but it just didn't have that true halo feel that halo 3 did. Halo 4 recaptured that raw gaming and halo experience for me. this game is absolutely amazing and 343 has pulled it off. A great Halo game. Expand
  40. Dec 13, 2012
    This game is by no means the best, but this score of 7 is just ridiculous. Considering it as 343i's first Halo game, it's pretty damn amazing. The graphics are one of the best on console, no argument. The music, while lacking in some areas compared to O'Donnell's compositions, is, frankly, amazing, and the campaign is very good--especially the revelation that Master Chief has an emotionalThis game is by no means the best, but this score of 7 is just ridiculous. Considering it as 343i's first Halo game, it's pretty damn amazing. The graphics are one of the best on console, no argument. The music, while lacking in some areas compared to O'Donnell's compositions, is, frankly, amazing, and the campaign is very good--especially the revelation that Master Chief has an emotional side as well. The multiplayer is fast-paced and more COD-like, for better or for worse is you to decide. Spartan Ops is fun as hell, especially as it provides a campaign-like co-op. Expand
  41. Nov 13, 2012
    Best Halo to date. The lighting is amazing, Animation looks incredible. New characters, new weapons, new everything. 343 has done the best job they could do given the circumstances. Can't wait to see where they go with the franchise next.
  42. Nov 8, 2012
    This is honestly the best game i have played this year. The graphics have maximized the xbox's potential. 343i has redone multi-player so that it takes the addictive part of COD but still feels like halo. There are no words to describe the sheer awesomeness of the campaign.
  43. Dec 15, 2012
    Halo 4 by 343 Studios is an attempt to win a race that began with a little outfit named Bungie. If nothing else, this title stands as the last solid breath of the XBOX 360- a final burst of energy from a console on its last leg. Morbid as that may seem, the result is a milestone for both the 360 and the Halo franchise as a whole. It doesn
  44. Nov 13, 2012
    Halo has been and will always be a game of brilliant visual and excellent story writing. Often times it holds itself more like a movie than a game. Halo 4 by itself told a new story that, while following the story of the previous games, felt like a new idea. Halo is a game of nostalgia, but this sequel was mostly new ideas and scrapping a lot of the old (possibly overplayed) ones, soHalo has been and will always be a game of brilliant visual and excellent story writing. Often times it holds itself more like a movie than a game. Halo 4 by itself told a new story that, while following the story of the previous games, felt like a new idea. Halo is a game of nostalgia, but this sequel was mostly new ideas and scrapping a lot of the old (possibly overplayed) ones, so people who think Halo Combat Evolved was the best and halo reach was the worst first person Halo game, you're gonna find that this game plays like reach more than CE. They took away most of the things they had in Halo 1 and put in a whole new set of guns and enemies. They kept most of the human and covenant weapons, but in comparison to the new forerunner guns, they seem a little weak, despite the fact that they made basically every gun in the game seem more powerful and accurate. The new enemies are more difficult to kill for a veteran halo player because they fight differently than previous halo enemies. One thing that many people may like is that there are no flood in this game, in fact they don't even mention the flood, or most of the events of previous games at all. But you are back to fighting the covenant, who got a bit of a makeover, but still fight the same and have almost the same guns. This installment of halo did leave me with a few questions, like "where did the master chief get a slightly new suit?" and "isn't there an easier way to do this that doesn't involve me nearly getting killed and us messing around with ancient alien artifacts?" but that is just mild flaws in the storytelling that only slightly take you out of the story. The biggest note with Halo 4 is that in 11 years, nothing has changed as it comes to gameplay. The newer games add slight alterations like suit mods, run features, weapon changes and enemy swaps, but honestly I am still using the same strategy as halo 1. The fact of the matter is you can take that as you want it, for me I like the small changes to gameplay big changes to story but for some people they can play the halo they have and be just as happy. In my opinion I think this game is fantastic and if it didn't have to be compared to the other halo games then it would get more credit. The features they kept were nice, the ones they took out made sense, and the story was new, I don't look for anything else in a halo game. One other thing is that the infinity multiplayer has a strong call of duty 4 influence to it, but it still feels like halo. And they replaced firefight with spartan ops (firefight with a storyline kinda thing) and it plays fine. I give it a 10 because it's worth it's cost and more, and is all over really good. Expand
  45. Nov 7, 2012
    This is the best Halo since 2. Making an argument for best in the series. It is stunning in every single way. The graphics must be pushing the limits of the 360 because it would appear that they squeezed every last drop out of this dated console. Kudos to 343.
  46. Nov 6, 2012
    I've been a halo player since the original one. Played the heck out of halo 2 and 3. Reach came out and just was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer in this came has come back to life. So far the maps are looking amazing. The feel for the game is back. The battle rifle is back to it's awesome self. Kasparov5 said " Do yourself a favor and buy games truly deserving of your hard earnedI've been a halo player since the original one. Played the heck out of halo 2 and 3. Reach came out and just was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer in this came has come back to life. So far the maps are looking amazing. The feel for the game is back. The battle rifle is back to it's awesome self. Kasparov5 said " Do yourself a favor and buy games truly deserving of your hard earned cash like Dishonored, Hotline Miami, Hitman Absolution." I have dishonored truly an awesome game but once you beat it, you're done; You will not lose that interest with Halo 4. Highly recommend. Well done 343 Industries. Expand
  47. Nov 13, 2012
    Excellend start to the new Halo trilogy. 343i did more than expected for their first fully developed Halo game. Graphics look fantastic, the story is enthralling, and the multiplayer is fun. What more could you ask for? This is a must buy for any fan of the Halo franchise.
  48. Nov 7, 2012
    Simply the best of its kind! If you don't have an 360 yet now its the time to get one. Amazing story. Amazing graphics. Multiplayer like no other game does!
  49. Nov 10, 2012
    Halo 4 is very good. I have been a fan of the series since Halo 2 for the X-box and have seen it go through quite a few iterations. If you are a hardcore Halo 3 fan, then this game might seem tantamount to sacrilege. Let me just say: This is not halo 3, I'm sorry they ruined your game, now stop giving 0 star reviews and throwing off the curve. I also advise you to read no further and justHalo 4 is very good. I have been a fan of the series since Halo 2 for the X-box and have seen it go through quite a few iterations. If you are a hardcore Halo 3 fan, then this game might seem tantamount to sacrilege. Let me just say: This is not halo 3, I'm sorry they ruined your game, now stop giving 0 star reviews and throwing off the curve. I also advise you to read no further and just go back to playing Halo 3 with the rest of the 400 people in south America who still hold it dear. For the rest of us who don't mind (or at least are aware of the fact) that games change as time moves forwards, Here you go. I compare this game to Halo: Reach which I loved and consider it a benchmark for the series, this game is different, much more oriented for a faster paced (hate to say it) call of duty indoctrinated audience.
    Sprint is a standard feature ( unlike reach where it was one option out of several abilities ) Guns are unlocked as the player progresses through ranks. Points are awarded per rank, which the player in turn uses to "buy" guns, armor additions, perks and upgrades. This system is not too dissimilar to call of duty admittedly, but that doesn't take away from the satisfaction of saving up points for a special unlock. It is rewarding and gives the player something to work towards. Honestly, I am having a blast playing this game. The visuals are stunning, the new player models are slick and the skins have been tweaked to represent a newer generation of Spartans. The single player is fun and engaging, and of course the brutal legendary difficulty setting is quite fierce to say the least. The multiplayer experience is deep with all the usual game types halo fans are accustomed to, and a deep co-op story which runs parallel to the main campaign and releases new 5 chapter episodes every week or so. This feature not only gives you new content o explore, but can further progress the story and lore in episodic installments. 343 took on a huge task when they took the reigns to the Halo franchise. I think they did it splendidly. Don't be a hater, give Halo 4 a try.
  50. Jan 16, 2013
    As always, Halo never fails to impress me. The hype was well-deserved. Visually, its hands-down the best on consoles for 2012. Its audio is superb, with fitting elements to fit the campaign and its original score may not be the old Halo OST, but in the direction it is going, its safe to say that its a great direction. The scores are utterly epic. As for the campaign, the storyline andAs always, Halo never fails to impress me. The hype was well-deserved. Visually, its hands-down the best on consoles for 2012. Its audio is superb, with fitting elements to fit the campaign and its original score may not be the old Halo OST, but in the direction it is going, its safe to say that its a great direction. The scores are utterly epic. As for the campaign, the storyline and voice acting is the best so far in the Halo series. The campaign may be short, but the storyline and gameplay makes up for this shortcoming. The relationship between Master Chief and Cortana shown in the campaign has never been moving in a video game. The sounds, are incredible. Whenever you fire a weapon, it sounds like it has more power than in the previous games, it has more "oomph!". Honestly, Metacritic should have given this epic game at least a 90, and the user ratings are utterly blasphemous. Overall, this game, should be your #1 game to get if you are into FPS, and for 2012. However, you may be confused as to what is going on if you do not refresh your knowledge of Halo lore, like the events that lead up to the events of Halo 4. As for multiplayer however, improvements could be made, but otherwise its fun as hell. Spartan Ops is an episodic story with multiplayer in mind. I have to say that the first 5 episodes did not meet my expectation, as the episodes we play has a lack of connection with the stories told in the CG scenes, but from what i hear, episode 6-10 have been improved, and I expect a good show from 343. To everybody reading this review, Halo 4 is a must get. If it does not land on your shelf, then you have just missed out on the legacy of gaming. You will regret it. 343, I salute you. Improve upon whatever you have done, and you shall come out with a proper AAA title once more. Congratulations, 343! Expand
  51. Nov 6, 2012
    Campaign only: I was worried it was going to go too far away from the others but I was pleasantly surprised. The cut scenes are amazing graphic wise. The first few minutes blew me away with the detailing in the facial expressions. The weapons were great, several old ones coming back. There were new weapons as well. Some of the game play is repetitive from earlier games, but I personallyCampaign only: I was worried it was going to go too far away from the others but I was pleasantly surprised. The cut scenes are amazing graphic wise. The first few minutes blew me away with the detailing in the facial expressions. The weapons were great, several old ones coming back. There were new weapons as well. Some of the game play is repetitive from earlier games, but I personally enjoyed the few familiar feeling parts. It made it feel like a part of Halo to me. The storyline was fantastic and emotionally stimulating. The soundtracks were moving and exciting. I loved it. I've played Halo since the beginning of the entire series and I thought they did a wonderful job making it feel new and familiar. Definitely worth my time and money. Expand
  52. Nov 6, 2012
    I'm a long term fan of the Halo series and this new edition certainly lives up to my personal standards but not only does it live up to them, it surpasses them in every way. The graphics are amazing, though like in all games this novelty wears off rather quickly, regardless they are stunning. The story is where the games gets me, it's well composed, the conflicts are interesting and if youI'm a long term fan of the Halo series and this new edition certainly lives up to my personal standards but not only does it live up to them, it surpasses them in every way. The graphics are amazing, though like in all games this novelty wears off rather quickly, regardless they are stunning. The story is where the games gets me, it's well composed, the conflicts are interesting and if you are enduring halo fan like me, it hits close to home. I don't think i have felt this emotional during a game since red dead. I thought that they could have spent a bit more time developing master chief though. On a more technical aspect the sounds are fantastic and the music fits very and creates an awesome atmosphere. Overall the game delivers on nearly all of it's promises and i think 343 are well on their way to filling those massive shoes that were left behind. Expand
  53. Nov 6, 2012
    At first I was suspicious of the many changes the Halo franchise has undergone in the hands of 343 Industries. However it seems like those worries were unneeded as this game is brilliant! Yes, the campaign is very enjoyable and has overall a great story integrated. Matchmaking has been improved since reach too, only missing the visible in-game ranking system halo 3 and halo 2 possessedAt first I was suspicious of the many changes the Halo franchise has undergone in the hands of 343 Industries. However it seems like those worries were unneeded as this game is brilliant! Yes, the campaign is very enjoyable and has overall a great story integrated. Matchmaking has been improved since reach too, only missing the visible in-game ranking system halo 3 and halo 2 possessed which is a pity for the competitive community, but I enjoyed Matchmaking (Or war games as it's called now) so far. Another neat new feature is Spartan Ops, A sort of coop campaign in which every a new episode releases to play. The new graphics are stunning and the new sounds are blowing me away. Definitely my favorite game of 2012! Expand
  54. Nov 13, 2012
    Amazing, just flat out Amazing. Halo has become a series every gamer should take apart of. The visuals are down right spectacular. The campaign is amazing, and very well rounded. 343 has taken a large step in a good direction.
  55. Nov 7, 2012
    The game does nothing "new". But as per most Halo games, everything it does do, it does really well. I have had a blast on multiplayer, - however the lack of "co-op campaign" play lists (IE campaign with randoms) and a lack of firefight mode is a shame. Map size in multiplayer is excellent, especially when you consider the size of some of the levels in the recent COD games. This does notThe game does nothing "new". But as per most Halo games, everything it does do, it does really well. I have had a blast on multiplayer, - however the lack of "co-op campaign" play lists (IE campaign with randoms) and a lack of firefight mode is a shame. Map size in multiplayer is excellent, especially when you consider the size of some of the levels in the recent COD games. This does not feel like shooting fish in a barrel.

Graphics are lovely (for current generation console level). Sound is very nice and the story seems to be moving allong nicely. (i have not played it all the way yet).
  56. Nov 6, 2012
    Es el Halo definitivo, no hagáis caso a los majaras estos, no entiendo esta manía por Halo, llega a estancarse y es lo mismo, hay quejas, cambia muchas cosas y mantiene su esencia aunque con leves cambios, os quejáis, de verdad, me dáis pena, es el mejor Halo porque es el que más gente ha atraído, sus gráficos son increíbles, suEs el Halo definitivo, no hagáis caso a los majaras estos, no entiendo esta manía por Halo, llega a estancarse y es lo mismo, hay quejas, cambia muchas cosas y mantiene su esencia aunque con leves cambios, os quejáis, de verdad, me dáis pena, es el mejor Halo porque es el que más gente ha atraído, sus gráficos son increíbles, su historia es muy interesante, y su multijugador es una mezcla muy interesante entre Halo y Call of Duty,
    GOOD FOR 343, THEY MADE THE BEST HALO OF THE HISTORY
  57. Nov 6, 2012
    The best game of my life . Perfect in alla aspects . Awesome graphic band story
    This game must be the Goty and for me the Game of this generation of console.
    Thank you Microsoft , i love you All 383 industries
  58. Nov 6, 2012
    lmao of course, trolls cant accept that halo 4 has 5.0 and they come back to bring it down to 4.9. Typical. This is the first time halo 4's reviews go down since right after the release, so its easy to tell. Just stop
  59. Nov 6, 2012
    Thank you 343. Halo 4 delivers an experience that Halo fans will love, and newcomers will find themselves enthralled in. The great graphics, engaging gameplay, and great story leave one wanting more.(Spartan Ops). Halo has returned to its rightful place at kingofthexbox.
  60. Nov 6, 2012
    This the must have game for the Xbox 360. Solid Campaign (Story is solid and everywhere and I follow the books and other media), The gameplay mechanics are tight as ever, the game is STUNNING, voice acting is AAA, Multiplayer competitiveness is at it's peak, spartan-ops looks very promising.

This is the game that people buy the Xbox 360 for. And this is why Halo is and will be the killer and biggest growing franchise of the gaming world.
  61. Nov 6, 2012
    Man the people who have given this game a below 8 rating are straight out of their minds. This is the biggest game ever made. The AAA among AAA.

This game looks amazing, feels amazing, plays amazing. Anybody who says otherwise has not played a decent shooter or modern game. At first I had my doubts but 343 Industries has done a beautiful job helming the franchise in the direction of

At first I had my doubts but 343 Industries has done a beautiful job helming the franchise in the direction of Halo 4. I trust them entirely with future outings of any other Halo game. Multiplayer is the go-to Xbox live online experience (War Games AND Spartan-ops) Campaign fits perfectly in the Halo lore and leaves with a good cliffhanger for future games and media, and Forge (ability to create from scratch custom maps however you like) satisfies all the mine craft fans who like to build stuff out of thin air.

Best Game out to date PERIOD [Includes PS3 (which I own all the biggest games: Uncharted 2,3; Killzone, God of War, etc.), PC (Which I play Diablo 3 and StarCraft among many others) and Wii (Zelda and That I have for when family comes over) and obviously Xbox 360]

Halo 4 represents the pinnacle (so far) of gaming across all platforms and systems.
  62. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is gorgeous with stunning visuals for a 360 game.
    The KI is very well done and acts at the higher difficulties challenging.
    The multiplayer is fun and rewarding, skill is required. Spartan-ops makes the game even bigger and makes the it feel like a complete package. Even if the game is not flawless, one has to admit that the game is worth beyond the price. Do yourself a
    This game is gorgeous with stunning visuals for a 360 game.
    The KI is very well done and acts at the higher difficulties challenging.
    The multiplayer is fun and rewarding, skill is required.
    Do yourself a favor and pick it up.
  63. Nov 6, 2012
    This must be the best game ever, the graphics are mindblowing, the campaign experience that i had was simply amazing! The relationship between master chief and cortana really comes to life in this halo and ypu get to dig deeper into each character, i do hope that the standars will be kept throughout the trilogy coming. Multiplayer is boss like always and spartan ops turned out to be aThis must be the best game ever, the graphics are mindblowing, the campaign experience that i had was simply amazing! The relationship between master chief and cortana really comes to life in this halo and ypu get to dig deeper into each character, i do hope that the standars will be kept throughout the trilogy coming. Multiplayer is boss like always and spartan ops turned out to be a blast! I've already had tons of fun with this game and i will continue with that for sooo long. A must but, and most likely game of the year 2012! Go chief and go cortana! Expand
  64. Nov 6, 2012
    Signed up to post this review, as I feel the user reviews here are not a true representation of the worth of this game.

The multiplayer is nothing short of a return to form - fast paced, competitive, adrenaline fuelled fun. A far cry from the painfully slow and boring gunplay of Reach, and easily as good as [if not better than] Halo 3. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this game's multiplayer is quite easily the best in the series since the golden era of Halo 2. The only thing that stopped me from giving it a ten is the fact that sprint as a default for all players has rended the game somewhat more chaotic. It has also had a negative effect on the maps, which are now designed to complement sprint, being generally much bigger. This could be a barrier to the titles true competitve worth, especially in the tourny scene. In summation, I am overjoyed to finally be playing some high quality halo multiplayer again, after the proverbial brainfart that was Reach.
  65. Nov 6, 2012
    The most complete and perfect game that already played scenarios with gorgeous graphics, scenarios and very large with lots of variety, making the space with the plane gave a taste of playing with star wars was living on the skin of Lucas scair walker, a fantastic story, well this generation and the best game that anyone can see, this complication is being revised this without havingThe most complete and perfect game that already played scenarios with gorgeous graphics, scenarios and very large with lots of variety, making the space with the plane gave a taste of playing with star wars was living on the skin of Lucas scair walker, a fantastic story, well this generation and the best game that anyone can see, this complication is being revised this without having played the whole game, I only ask that people loved to make the revised finish the game first Expand
  66. Nov 6, 2012
    The game is great, the campaign and graphics are pushing the limit of the console and the multiplayer has lots of options so you can play classic halo or infinity slayer. 343 really tried to introduce new blood to the series and yet keep the things that made it great.
  67. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 comes to definitely be the GOTY 2012, great graphics, great gameplay and lots of fun and a multiplayer mode that borders on perfection, not to mention the campaign mode is excellent and featuring the return of Master Chief.
  68. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 is the offspring of 10 years of 30 second fun every 30 seconds. That's what Halo has always been a bout. AI that is so good that it makes the game interesting and fun with every encounter. Rather than linear corridors and amusement ride scripted events, Halo 4 gives you wide open levels and the ability to attack as you see fit.

Without giving away and spoilers: The story is well

Without giving away and spoilers: The story is well acted and well written as well as well paced and satisfying. The game play is perfectly balanced and fun. The graphics are the best you will see on any console. It looks so good you'll think it's CGI until you see the CGI cut-scenes that you'll think are live action. No other game on Xbox 360 or even PS3 has the level of detail and sophisticated art direction as Halo 4. This is the game that people will talk about in the years to come when discussing the best graphics of this generation. The sound and music is so good it's hard to explain. Buy the soundtrack, it's that good.

If you have an Xbox 360 you must buy Halo 4. If you don't have an Xbox 360, then buy one so you can play Halo 4 and the other Halo games. Don't deny yourself the best that gaming has to offer.
  69. Nov 7, 2012
    Ranking system, new playlits and theater coming soon in the new Tu's so i would withhold my review until they come.
  70. Nov 6, 2012
    I don't know where these third rate reviews are coming from.
    From personal experience and through much conversing with the community, I've found Halo 4 to be a success.
    The game has improved in many different ways. Story Art design Lighting Game physics Audio Amount of content given to the player (I honestly think some of these review are negative for the sake of being
    I don't know where these third rate reviews are coming from.

The game has improved in many different ways.
    Story
    Art design
    Lighting
    Game physics
    Audio
    Amount of content given to the player

(I honestly think some of these review are negative for the sake of being negative.)

To be objective, there are a few issues with phasing in some of the campaign levels, but that would be the limit of my critique. The game has made improvements in every aspect of its formula. It may not be innovation that everyone is looking for but a game shouldn't have to change from a FPS to a FPRPG like borderlands for instance (beautiful game btw) to be considered great. My suggestion is play the game for yourself, even if you have to rent it first. Then make your decision.
  71. Nov 6, 2012
    OK HALO 4 is a new step for the franchise. First of the campaign, its emotional and intense. Cortana plays a very important part in the story which is great because it isnt all focused on the chief. Gameplay still feels alot like halo even though they added sprint and changed the button layouts (which you can change it the way you prefer). Guns feel more powerful and sound very powerful,OK HALO 4 is a new step for the franchise. First of the campaign, its emotional and intense. Cortana plays a very important part in the story which is great because it isnt all focused on the chief. Gameplay still feels alot like halo even though they added sprint and changed the button layouts (which you can change it the way you prefer). Guns feel more powerful and sound very powerful, the graphics are probably the best ive seen on xbox so far. my least favorite favorite thing about the game is the soundtrack its good but it isnt the same without Marty O' Donnell. Multiplayer is fast and really hectic which is awesome! they switch it up this time by adding unlocks and ranking system. I can understand why 343 would add such things it gives the game a new flow. The matches are well balanced. im glad they bought the chief back. Expand
  72. Nov 6, 2012
    Quick Review: Graphics: 10/10 Absolutely gorgeous. Cut scenes are better than Wars. Story: 9.5 Greg Bear definitely had a large part in this. Gameplay: 9.5 Slightly repetitive but it kept me interested throughout. Multiplayer: 9.5 Very, very fun, much better than Reach. Dialogue: 10 Brilliant Writing. Soundtrack: 9.5 Average is above 9.5, so it rounds up to 10.
  73. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is nothing short but amazing. one of the best halo games, but still, not quite as amazing as the third one... but probably the second best evar
  74. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 far surpassed my expectations, and can safety be considered the most advanced story line of any first person shooter. The depth and emotion put into Halo 4 is remarkable. It is a great evolution on an old console, and contains some of the best 360 graphics I have seen. I would recommend that the player reads the Halo Novels to bring the full beauty of the plot out in the open, butHalo 4 far surpassed my expectations, and can safety be considered the most advanced story line of any first person shooter. The depth and emotion put into Halo 4 is remarkable. It is a great evolution on an old console, and contains some of the best 360 graphics I have seen. I would recommend that the player reads the Halo Novels to bring the full beauty of the plot out in the open, but it is still a great story without. The mechanics are different, but still hold true to their roots. The running is very rugged at times, bring a real feel. All in all I would assume this to be the game of the year. 343 delivered an excellent story, and soundtrack. Expand
  75. Nov 6, 2012
    Easily one of the best Halos made to date. While the controls and general game-play feel very much like the other installments, both the campaign and multiplayer aspects of Halo 4 take a gentle turn away from typified Halo styling. The single player story is more detailed and in-depth with a greater focus on immersion and making the player feel like the main character. The musical scoreEasily one of the best Halos made to date. While the controls and general game-play feel very much like the other installments, both the campaign and multiplayer aspects of Halo 4 take a gentle turn away from typified Halo styling. The single player story is more detailed and in-depth with a greater focus on immersion and making the player feel like the main character. The musical score is fantastic and the pacing of the story keeps the player engaged. The feel of the game, however, is slightly different from other Halos. The beautiful graphics definitely are the prettiest thing on the 360 to date although the forerunner terrain and characters definitely take a lot of inspiration from the Metroid franchise. The multiplayer spartan customization also heavily follows the CoD formula. But much more than other Halos, 343 placed a great emphasis on character development. Chief and Cortana (and their relationship) stays are the forefront of the story. But these are not necessarily bad things. All of those aspects come together to create the most unique halo experience since the original. Quite frankly, this game is a splendid example of the shooter genre. Will it match titles such as Half-Life and Bioshock in single player mode or originality? Probably not. But Halo 4 makes a great attempt and from all angles still delivers a top-notch game in a crowded field. Will this game be worth your money? Yes. Does it deserve all the hype? 343 definitely made a great attempt at doing so. Is it going to please all Halo fans? No, it does have it's own unique feel that will steer some fans away. Halo 4 borrows some art and multiplayer design from other games. In the end, however, the overall package is a great buy and definitely one of the best titles to come out this holiday season, is not this year. If Halo fans were waiting for a fresh start on the Halo universe, their day has come. Expand
  76. Nov 6, 2012
    I'm completely stunned that this game is getting suck poor user reviews. I just finished the campaign, and I looked back on my entire Halo experience, thinking about how lucky I have been to play this series. Halo 4 is amazing. The multiplayer is fun. you've got tons of Spartan Ops to look forward to, the graphics are stunning, the music is passionate, and the overall story is aI'm completely stunned that this game is getting suck poor user reviews. I just finished the campaign, and I looked back on my entire Halo experience, thinking about how lucky I have been to play this series. Halo 4 is amazing. The multiplayer is fun. you've got tons of Spartan Ops to look forward to, the graphics are stunning, the music is passionate, and the overall story is a heartbreaking tale of a man and his AI. 343, well done. Expand
  77. Nov 6, 2012
    FIRST off, you can obviously tell that jealous trolls who dont own an xbox have given intentional low scores to bring down the overall meta score. But for anyone truly interested in checking this game out,take it from me, ive been playing halo since it first came out (mainly a campaign player) and am glad to say this rocks. It is STILL a fps,so inspite of what the naysayers may complainFIRST off, you can obviously tell that jealous trolls who dont own an xbox have given intentional low scores to bring down the overall meta score. But for anyone truly interested in checking this game out,take it from me, ive been playing halo since it first came out (mainly a campaign player) and am glad to say this rocks. It is STILL a fps,so inspite of what the naysayers may complain about (not enough ironsights, same gameplay, etc) this is halo for the new generation. Yes, the campaign may be a tad on the short side, but not cod short if u know what i mean. If you are sick and tired off shooters then this game may not not change you, but to write this game off with 0's etc, maybe you guys are not enjoying games anymore and its time to find a new hobby. Expand
  78. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is fantastic. Please do not listen to the trolls giving it low scores, they come here every launch and downvote for the 'LULZ'. If you thought that Halo Reach was too slow you're gonna be so happy with this. Game plays faster than any previous halo - but not too fast - and strikes the balance between fun, quick gameplay and Call of Duty's "If someone saw you first you die, noThis game is fantastic. Please do not listen to the trolls giving it low scores, they come here every launch and downvote for the 'LULZ'. If you thought that Halo Reach was too slow you're gonna be so happy with this. Game plays faster than any previous halo - but not too fast - and strikes the balance between fun, quick gameplay and Call of Duty's "If someone saw you first you die, no matter how skillful you are" type stuff.

Multiplayer is fantastic.
  79. Nov 7, 2012
    This game is amazing. Simply amazing. A fantastic piece of art and something 343 should be proud of. We'll start with graphics. They are simply amazing. The most beautiful graphics on Xbox, maybe even on console. The single player has a very nice story. The story is detailed and complex. It is emotional at times especially for old fans. One common complaint is "the single player is tooThis game is amazing. Simply amazing. A fantastic piece of art and something 343 should be proud of. We'll start with graphics. They are simply amazing. The most beautiful graphics on Xbox, maybe even on console. The single player has a very nice story. The story is detailed and complex. It is emotional at times especially for old fans. One common complaint is "the single player is too short....". Well, it does only have eight missions, but they are relatively long. And remember Spartan Ops. That links with the main story and gives the campaign 5+ more hours. So when you include that, it's actually a long single player experience. Longer than a lot of other games. So what are the haters solidly complaining about? Nothing. The soundtrack. Marty is gone, Neil is in. I won't compare them out of respect, but don't worry, Neil does a great job. It feels like Halo music, yet it has a new something to it. It's wonderful and gets you into the game really well. Then there's the whole multiplayer aspect. I love to play Flood (Living Dead in Reach), and 343 have intensified that very well. It's creepy, and you get really into it. It's an amazing game mode. The other ones are great to b2b is still amazing and the maps are brilliant. The mantis works well, if not a little overpowered and the vehicles have been refurbished. Forge mode has a tonne of new features and it's now very easy to build structures. But then comes the most important question. Does it feel like Halo? The answer? An astounding yes. It goes right back to Halo 1 and in my books it's the best Halo yet. The mystery of it all is very similar to Halo's. The feel when you land on Requiem is very similar to the feel you got when you first landed on the first ring. Lot's of curiosity. Why are so many people hating? Call Of Duty. A lot of the negative reviews you'll see here are from COD fanboys who constantly harass Halo anything on the internet. It's amazing how drawn they are to Halo vids on youtube. I can guarantee that lot's of the people with voted negative have never played Halo 4 and never will. A lot of the rest have never played a Halo until this, meaning they have no emotional link with Chief and Cortana, which ruins the campaign for them. Bottom line is, get it if your a Halo fan. Just get it. It's worth it. If you haven't played Halo yet then I advise you play the others first to get the most out of it. Halo 1, 2 and 3 are all fantastic games. Buy them and buy Halo 4. You won't regret it. And for you saying there is not enough change - new guns, new class of guns, new vehicles, new characters, new enemies, new world, new graphics, new sprint button, new completely redone multiplayer, new armour abilities, new soundtrack, new Spartan customization options, new Spartan armour options, new game mode, new multiplayer playlists, new forge options, new ui, new HUD and goodness knows how many other new features I'm yet to discover. To say this is the same as Halo Reach is to say a chair is the same as a tree. Sure, the chair came from the tree and is made from the same material, but they are completely redone and remade into something better and more useful. COD hasn't changed in the slightest sense since MW1. This makes drastic changes. For the better. Expand
  80. Nov 6, 2012
    easily way better than halo reach. Id even put it up there with halo 3. outstanding graphics, new weapons and ordnance drops!! the gameplay is a lot more fast paced and the Battle rifle makes a return!
  81. Nov 6, 2012
    This is the greatest halo ever. I havent been this excited since halo 2. Graphics are hugely improved. Campaign is probally easily the best . Multiplayer is the heart and soul of halo and games like Cod, so how is it. Golden, even though im not a big fan with the armor abalities but i like the sprinting that makes it fast paced. There is no armor lock which everyone absolutelyThis is the greatest halo ever. I havent been this excited since halo 2. Graphics are hugely improved. Campaign is probally easily the best . Multiplayer is the heart and soul of halo and games like Cod, so how is it. Golden, even though im not a big fan with the armor abalities but i like the sprinting that makes it fast paced. There is no armor lock which everyone absolutely hated,including me. There so manny weapns then the usual couple. Also dont trust this bull crap zero rating reviews this game has only been out for a day and this idiots probally dont even have the game or even though anything. Dont trust the 4.9 user score. Its a bunch of no life idiots who dont even have this game. Anyway if you love halo defently get this if your not sure rent or something and try it out. 10/10 for halo lovers. 9.6/10 for newbies. Expand
  82. Nov 6, 2012
    The game is amazing! The best in the series. 343 Industries made all the right changes. There are a lot of COD players her that don't even have the game and are just bashing it.
  83. Nov 6, 2012
    If you played Halo Reach, you knew how the changes in the game hurt the overall prestige of the game. Bungie went out of the Halo 2/Halo 3 comfort zone and produced a game many people did not like including myself. Halo 4 has gone a direction that I like with the multiplayer not being like Reach, but feeling on par with Halo 2 to Halo 3 again. The AA are not overpowered and balance eachIf you played Halo Reach, you knew how the changes in the game hurt the overall prestige of the game. Bungie went out of the Halo 2/Halo 3 comfort zone and produced a game many people did not like including myself. Halo 4 has gone a direction that I like with the multiplayer not being like Reach, but feeling on par with Halo 2 to Halo 3 again. The AA are not overpowered and balance each other. The game is beautiful visually. The campaign is good, better than Reach's and I like the emotional story involved, though we all wish it was longer, Spartan Ops is the add-on extending the campaign experience. Seriously, people giving this game a 1 or a 2 are truly not playing Halo like they should. This game is a must buy for Halo fans and people who like Halo 2 and Halo 3. Expand
  84. Nov 6, 2012
    Fantastic game. It's not Halo 2, but nothing will be! The second best of the series. Great job 343, I was not expecting it to be so balanced and action paced.
  85. Nov 6, 2012
    All I have to say is that this game is amazing and it is alot better then I thought it would be. The campaign/story, graphics, sound FX, music and multiplayer are all great and well done. At first it took some time to get used to with the new story and all, but once you start playing through and actually focus more on the story instead of just playing through it, it is really deep. It alsoAll I have to say is that this game is amazing and it is alot better then I thought it would be. The campaign/story, graphics, sound FX, music and multiplayer are all great and well done. At first it took some time to get used to with the new story and all, but once you start playing through and actually focus more on the story instead of just playing through it, it is really deep. It also gets even deeper if you unlock the terminals for Halo waypoint. Multiplayer is blast! I loved Halo Reach but I was slightly disappointed in Halo Reaches multiplayer. Though Halo Reaches multiplayer was going the right direction, I just felt that it just didn't nail it. But IMHO, I believe Halo 4 nailed it, at least way closer the Halo Reach did. All I can say is, this game looks and feels like Halo. One last thing. Don't be discouraged about a lot of the negative ratings. Most of them are PS3 and COD fan boys who just want to see this game fail. Also a lot of them are just trolling just to get attention or they think its absolutely funny. How do I know, because I know a several of them lol! Expand
  86. Nov 6, 2012
    This game plays and looks fantastic. Im also suprised how well this game runs on the xbox 360 while still maintaining stunning visuals. The gameplay is great and story is also great. Cheif and cortana really have a more emotional connection in this game which really sucks you into the emotion and makes you care what happens

Halo never gets old. Never gets boring. Halo is the only FPS I

Halo never gets old. Never gets boring. Halo is the only FPS I still enjoy.
  87. Nov 6, 2012
    To put it simply, this game is a masterpiece. 343 industries did an amazing job in the four years it took them to create this game from scratch. I would recommend Halo 4 to anyone who loves a rich, immersive, emotional story accompanied with amazing, jaw-dropping visuals.. If you do not have an xbox, I would highly recommend you go out and buy one, for this game is a must own in my opinion.
  88. Nov 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished the Campaign on Legendary. I thought it was fantastic, a truly great Halo game. However, there were things that I think could have been done better;
    1. No QTE's. That's it. Plain and simple. I would have rather the Didact died in a cutscene then a QTE.

2. Length. I think the Campaign would have benefited from having levels that were the same length, but about 12-15 instead of 8. Or simply have 8 levels, but make then longer.
    I think that the length of the campaign is also synonymous with story/plot. Don't get my wrong, I liked it very much and thought it was great, but lacking at some points. I believe if the campaign was longer, it would have allowed for a more intricate and better story/plot writing. BUT as I said, it was still solid.

3. There were a fair amount of vehicles, and they were good. But I think that there should have been a Hornet or Falcon. I freaking loved the Falcon in Reach, it would've been cool to see it come back. My top three MP improvements;
    1. KILLCAMS. They're stupid and completely unneeded.

2. More distinct armor. I don't mind the armor too much, some I like very much, but what I mean by this is armor that you can recognize from across the battlefield. I loved nailing that guy who has been pissing me off for half the match in Reach, and KNOWING it was him because of his armor. The armor in Halo 4 isn't terrible but a lot of it is very similar. I can only think of two things I don't like about the Halo 4 multiplayer. So there you have it. This is an outstanding game, and an even better Halo game. I have been playing for days, have started my second playthrough on Legendary and I'm loving every minute of it. 343i have put their heart and soul into this game, and it completely shows. All my criticisms are over shadowed by the everything else that is is so brilliantly done. P.S. for anyone reading this (hopefully a few of the sites Admins/Mods) I want to state my opinion on the "User Review" section. A lot of the user reviews, especially with this game are complete BS. They're full of CoD kiddies and PS3 fanboys who come here to give it a bad review, simply because it is Halo. One such guy giving it a 0/10 score and admitting that the game does NOT deserve a 0, but he gave it that score because he simply does not like Halo. Another such "reviewer" stating that he doesn't like the game because it doesn't have good graphics and isn't as good as Uncharted. I'm telling you now, the User Review feature on this sight is broken, corrupt and full of people who don't know how to write a review (I'm not saying I do) and people giving it a bad score simply because it is Halo.
  89. Nov 6, 2012
    This game was worth every penny. The greatest graphics i have seen, and a very fun campaign. My only complaint with the campaign was that the story was a little unclear, and it was sometimes not very apparent what the purpose of the current mission was. I think a lot of detailed content that was taken from books were over a lot of the players heads in game. The level design was very funThis game was worth every penny. The greatest graphics i have seen, and a very fun campaign. My only complaint with the campaign was that the story was a little unclear, and it was sometimes not very apparent what the purpose of the current mission was. I think a lot of detailed content that was taken from books were over a lot of the players heads in game. The level design was very fun and interesting, but it didnt have the EPIC feel that CE and 3 had. As for the multiplayer, I think they tried too much to take from COD. im sure 343 looked at the list of the biggest money makers and tried to move in that direction. Things that were unnecessary would be kill cams, gun camos and even maybe sprint. Im still on the fence. But, its not even 12 hours from the release.. so it is still too soon to really say. also, quickly, the stickies do basically nothing, are too small and never seem to hit the target. same for frags. and for the love of god, the SAW needs to be nerfed A$AP Expand
  90. Nov 6, 2012
    I don't understand why this game is getting bad reviews. Maybe they just all **** suck at this game. I'm playing this **** just fine I don't see anything wrong with it, besides the fact that I don't have my Mark VI armor yet even though I beat legendary solo campaign.
  91. Nov 6, 2012
    Beautiful scenery, great additions to the weapons, HUD, Multi-player, story line, even the menu layout is beautiful. master chief keeps his worldly renowned master chiefness. the new story is intriguing and fresh. Multi-player takes a bit to get used to but its well worth it.. i give the game a 9 and not a 10 only because there is no SWAT which they BETTER! fix and because i do not likeBeautiful scenery, great additions to the weapons, HUD, Multi-player, story line, even the menu layout is beautiful. master chief keeps his worldly renowned master chiefness. the new story is intriguing and fresh. Multi-player takes a bit to get used to but its well worth it.. i give the game a 9 and not a 10 only because there is no SWAT which they BETTER! fix and because i do not like how the controller is setup, if they could have at least made a extra choice for the layout where RB is sprint B is melee and L-Click is STILL crouch i would have no complaints other than that amazing game. Well done 343. Expand
  92. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 is amazing!!!! Best graphics, sound, gameplay, action, and multiplayer in the series. The campaign is amazing and pulls you into the game. New worlds and beautiful environments make you want to play more! Forge, war games, campaign, and spartan ops allow hours and hours of fresh experiences and endless gameplay ! Congratulations to 343 Industries!
  93. Nov 6, 2012
    GOTY material, 343 really did a great job with Halo 4. This installment is amazing, the visuals, the story, the sounds, and gameplay, I found myself just sitting in the menu listening to the theme song, staring out at beautifully crafted structures, and running out of ammo frequently, aswell as forget theres a meal on the table because of this. *The Campaign is great with cut-scenes thatGOTY material, 343 really did a great job with Halo 4. This installment is amazing, the visuals, the story, the sounds, and gameplay, I found myself just sitting in the menu listening to the theme song, staring out at beautifully crafted structures, and running out of ammo frequently, aswell as forget theres a meal on the table because of this. *The Campaign is great with cut-scenes that will leave you wondering if they were live-action. I loved the focus on Master Chief's and Cortana's relationship, and yes it does get emotional at times and i dont think theres anything wrong with that. Overall single player is 8/10 in my book.

*Multiplayer, Halo 4's multiplayer is simply amazing. It keeps it old school but adds new elements to spice it up like, sprint being cemented into the game, instead on scoping out you now flinch when shot, instant respawns which increases the intensity of the game and it is greatly noticeable, and many other new aspects. Sometimes old is better than new so when i heard that Halo 4 would be bringing back a 1-50 rank post-launch i got even more excited as it brought back great memories of H2, if they in fact release this soon it would bring back what halo fans desire the most. I can honestly say that Halo 4 is the best FPS multiplayer i have ever played and experienced, beating MW3, BF3, BO, H3, Reach and MoH. This is where Halo shines, arena-style multiplayer at its best...13/10. I'll be playing Halo 4 until the foreseeable future...well depends how good BO2 is but I cant see myself putting Halo 4 down either way.
  94. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo four has amazing graphics, a great campaign mode, and the new multiplayer modes are fantastic, 343 industries did a fantastic job on this game 10/10 Game of the Year worthy.

The graphics look like CGI and the CGI looks like real life.
  95. Nov 7, 2012
    This game is great! I was a little worried about the direction in which multiplayer was going because it reminded me a bit of other non Halo shooters that were very unbalanced. However after playing the game for a good deal of time I Iearned to love the multiplayer. 343 did a great job balancing something which would seems like it could be so easily poorly developed. I would recommendThis game is great! I was a little worried about the direction in which multiplayer was going because it reminded me a bit of other non Halo shooters that were very unbalanced. However after playing the game for a good deal of time I Iearned to love the multiplayer. 343 did a great job balancing something which would seems like it could be so easily poorly developed. I would recommend this game to most Halo fans(except those not willing to accept any innovation in the series). I've been playing Halo since 2002 and I must say that I havn't had so much fun playing Halo since Halo 2! Expand
  96. Nov 7, 2012
    Taking the story of Halo in a bold and new direction, 343 Industries finally emerges from Bungie's shadow with its first true creation - a love letter addressed to both the most steadfest of Halo fans and casual gamers alike

It is easy to see that when Microsoft were on the lookout for a new team to take the helm for the Halo franchise, they were looking for not only the most talented developers, but Halo fans themselves, who were determined to take the series under their wing and make it their own.

The campaign is a less of a giant action packed space opera, and more of a personalised story about the relationship between our main heroes - The Master Chief, and Cortana. 343 takes a more emotional route this campaign around, while its taking you on a rollercoaster ride through a huge range of locales, whilst following the traditional Halo campaign level structure. I'm not going to spoil anything, but I will say that the ending is incredibly ballsy of 343 to pull off, and I guarantee its going to be a bittersweet moment for anyone who played and enjoyed the original trilogy.

Hardcore Halo fans will rejoice at the new multiplayer, which has returned the gunplay to its roots, while simultaneously introducing many new features in order to change the game up a little bit, and keeping it modernised and up-to-date with its competitors. I haven't had this much fun playing multiplayer since Halo 2, and after the somewhat disappointing Halo 3, and the terrible Halo: Reach, playing this game gives me hope that Halo can once again dominate the Xbox Live leaderboards.

If you are any sort of Halo fan, this game is an instant must-buy.

YOU SHALL NOT BE DISAPPOINT
  97. Nov 7, 2012
    The game is still a masterpiece !!!! Visually maybe the best game for an old gen console like Xbox 360 ( not unlike the new Xbox Next, but..still alive and kicking ) . High quality sounds, excellent A.I, jawdropping lightning effects, a lot of haters to kill , awesome storytelling if compared to kilozone and resiflop. Congrats to "new Bungie" aka 343 Industries !!!!
  98. Nov 7, 2012
    Idk what everyone is complaining and lying about. Best halo by far in the series. Everything from multiplayer to campaign is perfect. Graphics A+ as well as design.
  99. Nov 7, 2012
    I have been playing Halo for years and have always enjoyed all aspects of Halo; story, multiplayer, forge, firefight, everything. Bungie may not be the one making Halo games anymore, but the franchise is in good hands. This game really feels like a Halo game but its visuals, weapons, and vehicles are all updated, especially with regards to sound. The story was enjoyable, although it isI have been playing Halo for years and have always enjoyed all aspects of Halo; story, multiplayer, forge, firefight, everything. Bungie may not be the one making Halo games anymore, but the franchise is in good hands. This game really feels like a Halo game but its visuals, weapons, and vehicles are all updated, especially with regards to sound. The story was enjoyable, although it is best to read the books and watch Forward Unto Dawn first. If you don't have the patience, reading a synopsis online will make it much easier to understand. I've always played campaign on Heroic to start out and had no trouble with Halo 4, although I did play smartly, so take that with a grain of salt. Not the longest campaign ever, but I'm really excited for more Spartan Ops and I can't wait to dig in more to multiplayer. Expand
  100. Nov 7, 2012
    It's a game, and i enjoyed it from beginning to end. I missed the music by O'donnell though. But this is more than compensated for the amazing graphics and challenging gameplay. Loved it
  101. Nov 7, 2012
    I have been playing halo since Combat Evolved came out for the original Xbox. I have seen the evolution of the series and all I can say is I am truly impressed. 343 industries took the mantle and most definitely ran with it. In my opinion Halo 4 is without a doubt one of the best in the series. The campaign has you at the edge of your seat the ENTIRE time as you move from level to level.I have been playing halo since Combat Evolved came out for the original Xbox. I have seen the evolution of the series and all I can say is I am truly impressed. 343 industries took the mantle and most definitely ran with it. In my opinion Halo 4 is without a doubt one of the best in the series. The campaign has you at the edge of your seat the ENTIRE time as you move from level to level. Spartan ops is hella fun to play with your friends and it's a cool little side story following in the eyes of a Spartan-IV in Crimson squad. Finally the multiplayer is second to none. Best in the series! I have to admit it takes a few games to get the hang of it, and I would say there's a slight learning curve to learn the new "feel" of it, but now I am having a lot of fun with it and it keeps me coming back. Don't listen to all these trollers on here (which is a damn shame btw), but rather pick up the game, rent it, do what ever you do, and form an opinion out of it for yourself. Halo 4 is a masterpiece, and I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. I am personally giving Halo 4 a 10 out of 10 because it deserves it. Job WELL done 343! You have MY support. Collapse

1. Dec 17, 2012