Halo 4 Xbox 360

7.0

1. Apr 4, 2014
    343 Industries has done a fantastic job with this latest chapter in the series. This is my favorite video game series, and it is the series that got me into video gaming, so hearing that a new developer would be replacing Bungie worried me. Thankfully 343 made a game that is just as good as the majority of the Bungie made Halo games.

The campaign manages to feel familiar and fresh all

The campaign manages to feel familiar and fresh all that the same time thanks to the way is holds onto the classic Halo gameplay while simultaneously adding it's own unique features. With new weapons to experiment with and new enemies to fight, there's always something exciting around the next corner. To make things better it is all backed up by some of the best looking graphics to ever grace the 360. The only complaint I have with the campaign is in regards to the story. Just like in Halo 3 the story dives off into the most confusing and under-explained sci-fi mumbo jumbo out there. That being said the campaign does manage to have some emotionality thanks to the complex look at the relationship between Cortana and Master Chief. So while the story does disappoint, the gameplay succeeds here making one awesome campaign.

As far as the multiplayer goes I find it to be the most fun in the series yet. Everything is excellently balanced, the new features are excellent, the game modes are fantastic, and the maps are incredibly well done. The maps are only made better and more diverse thanks to the returning Forge mode. Honestly I am loving the multiplayer more than ever. It's tighter and it no longer feels like you are burning through a huge amount of ammo just to drop a foe. I think this is the best multiplayer the series has seen and it will keep you busy for countless hours. I really can't find a flaw with it.

As far as cooperative gameplay goes the series Firefight mode has been replaced with the new "Spartan Ops" mode. This mode is a noticeable improvement of what the series has previously offered in terms of cooperative gameplay and is an absolute blast to play with friends or even by yourself. However this mode does come with one pretty big flaw: there's no way to play this mode offline either cooperatively or solo. This actually prevented me from being able to play it locally in couch co-op form and is a pretty big oversight on 343's part. That being said it's not a deal breaker and doesn't ruin the fun that can be had with this mode. It's just a disappointing non-inclusion, especially when you remember that Bungie's Firefight mode allowed for offline play.

Overall this is a fantastic game and in a lot of ways one of the best games in the series. With a fantastic campaign, the series best multiplayer, and countless hours worth of content this is one of the best FPS games on the market and one of the best games on the 360. Halo fans no longer need to worry about whether or not 343 can handle the series, because they have proved they can even if they did include some minor flaws. I give it a score of 9.9/10-Near-Perfect.
  2. Jan 20, 2013
    Overall, I really enjoyed Halo 4. While I did not enjoy as much as Halo 3 it was still a great game. It had its problems but it was a lot of fun. The single player was finally good. The multiplayer was fun and Spartan Ops adds legs to the game. While there are things I would have liked the game there is a lot of good stuff in here. Halo 4 is the best Halo since Halo 3 and hopefully 343 canOverall, I really enjoyed Halo 4. While I did not enjoy as much as Halo 3 it was still a great game. It had its problems but it was a lot of fun. The single player was finally good. The multiplayer was fun and Spartan Ops adds legs to the game. While there are things I would have liked the game there is a lot of good stuff in here. Halo 4 is the best Halo since Halo 3 and hopefully 343 can keep it up with Halo 5 & 6. Expand
  3. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 presents the most polished and engaging Halo to date. 343 took Halo's core and added vulnerability. Master Chief has never been so humanized, and it makes for fantastic cut scenes. Not only is the story the best of the series, but the boring Covenant aren't the main enemy anymore. The new Promethean Knight is every bit as vicious as the Elite, but varies in its combat methods.Halo 4 presents the most polished and engaging Halo to date. 343 took Halo's core and added vulnerability. Master Chief has never been so humanized, and it makes for fantastic cut scenes. Not only is the story the best of the series, but the boring Covenant aren't the main enemy anymore. The new Promethean Knight is every bit as vicious as the Elite, but varies in its combat methods. Many times I was surprised by how I was wailed on by these very formidable opponents. I can go on and on about how great this game is. But to sum it all up, I've been playing Halo since the beginning. Every game has been fun and worthwhile, but none of the games invoked the emotion and investment Halo 4 has out of me. Add a splendidly varied campaign in terms of encounters and vehicle play to the mix, more than even Reach. I loved the story, and it's only getting better with the promised 5th & 6th games. Composer Neil Davidge also brought the score of Halo to a new high. The sounds and music of Halo 4 are phenomenal. Best game of the series. 343 have set their own bar, and to surpass it would be to make perhaps the greatest game ever. Expand
  4. Mar 24, 2016
    This is best Xbox 360 execlusive . This is amazing game . Amazyng storyline , very very good gameplay and this game one of best of 2012 . Halo 4 better than Halo reach . This is best Halo game with Halo 2 in my opinion . Halo 4 one of bestselling Xbox 360 game .
  5. Nov 7, 2012
    The critics seemed to fall head over heels over this game; the fact of the matter is that it is a GOOD game, but not a GREAT one. I feel that it is a 'safe' sequel, one that doesn't deviate from anybody's expectations. Here lies the problem, FPS has evolved exponentially in the last couple of years. Sure, HALO 4 has the best graphics since UNCHARTED 3, but heck, it's no different fromThe critics seemed to fall head over heels over this game; the fact of the matter is that it is a GOOD game, but not a GREAT one. I feel that it is a 'safe' sequel, one that doesn't deviate from anybody's expectations. Here lies the problem, FPS has evolved exponentially in the last couple of years. Sure, HALO 4 has the best graphics since UNCHARTED 3, but heck, it's no different from COD with its scripted events, and fast paced gun play. If you want innovation, try DISHONORED instead. Still a good buy though; but don't expect anything more. Expand
  6. Jul 4, 2016
    I was very surprised in how much I would love this game. The single player steals the show as it shows a story not about master chief, but cortanas. The stronger bond that develops between the two is something the original trilogy did, but not as much. The story itself though works in everyway, except you have to know a few things from the expanded lore. The multiplayer is pretty good. TheI was very surprised in how much I would love this game. The single player steals the show as it shows a story not about master chief, but cortanas. The stronger bond that develops between the two is something the original trilogy did, but not as much. The story itself though works in everyway, except you have to know a few things from the expanded lore. The multiplayer is pretty good. The reason why people didn't like it because it had a few cod perks in it, which is a bit annoying, but something I got over of. And the new Spartan ops mode is fun to play with freinds, but it loses replayibility after you beat the story. Overall, halo 4 is honestly my favourite game in the series. Expand
  7. Jan 20, 2013
    An extremely good game with superb level design. Its storytelling and gameplay are also great with improved gunplay and movement mechanics. However, it doesn't match the original trilogy's quality. It's not as long and doesn't have nearly the same lasting impact those games left behind. You'll also miss the original trilogy's musical score because although this game's is good it's notAn extremely good game with superb level design. Its storytelling and gameplay are also great with improved gunplay and movement mechanics. However, it doesn't match the original trilogy's quality. It's not as long and doesn't have nearly the same lasting impact those games left behind. You'll also miss the original trilogy's musical score because although this game's is good it's not nearly as masterful. It also doesn't have as much epic grandeur as those games even if it has more than most others. The bottom line: An excellent game living in the shadows of its predecessors. Expand
  8. Nov 9, 2012
    *Stands up and claps* As a fan of Halo from the very first game back in 2001 for the original Xbox the formula was becoming tired, the levels bland and the action becoming recycled. After Bungie leave the Halo franchise behind 343 Industries has picked up the IP and made a masterpiece.
    Set 4 years after the finale of Halo 3, Cortana wakes Chief after the Dawn is attacked by a Covenant fleet for them then to crash land on a Forerunner planet named Requiem. After Chief accidentally awakens a Forerunner warrior, The Didact, it becomes a race against time to save Earth, get off Requiem and save the dying Cortana. A touching, well written and amazingly pieced together story with mind blowing graphical standard for a 7 year old console.
    The replacement of Firefight with Spartan Ops was a good swap with what will total to a free weekly download side campaign alongside the standard Multiplayer, Forge and Theatre makes Halo 4 a package well worth the pricetag with many months, maybe even years of re-playability in one £40 package.
  9. Jun 30, 2014
    Halo 4 is a game that Halo fans, like myself, have waited years to play. The campaign's story is compelling as it initiates a new era for the Master Chief. The multiplayer is great also, but some may not like a lot of the changes. All and all, this is a true Halo experience.
  10. Jan 19, 2013
    I was hoping this would be my GOTY 2012 but just a few games were a little better. Okay this may not be the best Halo, but 343 you have didn't let this game crash and burn, you are pushing the series to the next generation of Halos. Campaigns really good but is not as gripping as other Halo campaigns and got a bit too serious on the story. But its their first Halo so they will learn likeI was hoping this would be my GOTY 2012 but just a few games were a little better. Okay this may not be the best Halo, but 343 you have didn't let this game crash and burn, you are pushing the series to the next generation of Halos. Campaigns really good but is not as gripping as other Halo campaigns and got a bit too serious on the story. But its their first Halo so they will learn like Bungie did. Multiplayer is a bit of a copy of CoD, but probally the biggest pushes to the multiplayer since Halo 2 and love custom loadouts idea. Spartan Ops is a great new feature and a nice change to firefight. Overall Campaign really good but 2 issus stop it from becoming like Halo campaign good. Multiplayer is amazing step to the multiplayer for a very exiting future for Halo. Spartan Ops is great change to Firefight. Halo may not be GOTY for me but its in my top 3 games this year. Halo 4 9.0/10 Collapse
  11. Dec 4, 2012
    Game of the Year...This Halo is by far the best of the series. Stunning graphics, a great story, the usual amazing Halo Multiplayer, and Spartan Ops is a good addition. If you have an Xbox, you MUST buy this game! An instant classic. My choice for best game of 2012.
  12. Jan 31, 2014
    Best Xbox game I have ever played! The war games are feroucious and compettitive! the backgroumd design for the levels are amazing....................
  13. Sep 10, 2014
    I certainly enjoyed the game overall but not as much as i would of liked, great story as per usual and graphics were fantastic. just lacked that special feel of previous games such as Halo 2 and Combat evolved. 8/10
  14. Mar 25, 2013
    Halo 4 brings back the ultimate Halo game experience with awesomeness and intensity. Halo fans will be pleased.
  15. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 is by all accounts an exceptional game. 343 Industries first internally developed Halo game impresses on pretty much every front. From high quality production values, to a buttery smooth framerate 99.999% of the time, to the best graphics the series has ever seen, to a more interesting story between Chief and Cortana, etc. Halo 4 is Halo at its best.

Firstly, Halo 4 plays like a

Firstly, Halo 4 plays like a dream. Similar to previous Halo's, gun combat is very satisfying, but now it's more visceral and impactful than ever before. If anyone says this is Call of Duty, that's hogwash. Other than the inclusion of sprinting, this very much feels like Halo, just improved and more polished than ever. The action is much more buttery smooth than Reach was, which makes playing a complete pleasure.

Secondly, the graphics are a massive upgrade from previous Halo's. Previous Halo's lacked quite a bit when it came to character models and animations, but Halo 4 has some of the best looking character models and animations in all of gaming. It's shocking just how much of a leap these two things are from the Halo's that came before it. Going from Halo 3 to Halo 4 shows almost a full generational leap in things like lighting, character models, and animations. In addition, Halo 4 runs in native 720p resolution, which is a first for the Halo franchise, as Halo 3, ODST, and Reach all ran at upscaled 720p. To get that full native 720p resolution, Halo 4 is locked at 30 frames-per-second, and it's a wise choice. Unlike Reach, which had a framerate that varied wildly at times, Halo 4 is pretty much consistent and performs beautifully, even when under pressure from a lot of on-screen action. 343 Industries should be commended for such a technological feat as their first project. It's very impressive.

Thirdly, the story's actually incredibly compelling. While some things aren't always crystal clear, it's mostly smooth and cohesive the majority of the time. The relationship between Master Chief and Cortana will hook you from the beginning of the game and until you reach the credits at the finale. Halo 4 is a tightly knit production that offers excellence in story, visual quality, and sound quality. It's truly a masterful game from a first time studio.

As someone who has enjoyed the other Halo games this generation, I didn't fall in love with them, so it's shocking to me that Halo 4 has hit the nail on the head in pretty much everything it set out to do. Halo 4 is the best Halo since Halo: Combat Evolved. 343 Industries has made their mark on the industry, so I truly can't wait to see what they do next.
  16. Jan 1, 2013
    What do you expect from a Halo game? If you expect a rock solid Sci-fi shooter then your in for a treat. Halo 4 is one of the best shooters of the year, hands down. Overall, if you don't want a lengthy review, it excels in everything it does. Sound feels realistic and adds to the atmosphere. Guns sound like they should. Its something you don't expect, to be wowed by a games sound, but itsWhat do you expect from a Halo game? If you expect a rock solid Sci-fi shooter then your in for a treat. Halo 4 is one of the best shooters of the year, hands down. Overall, if you don't want a lengthy review, it excels in everything it does. Sound feels realistic and adds to the atmosphere. Guns sound like they should. Its something you don't expect, to be wowed by a games sound, but its something that really stands out and adds to the impact you feel when you fire a gun. Visually its stunning. The graphics are vibrant and often make you feel like you have to stop and appreciate the landscape in front of you. It especially shows when you look at the games guns. When you pick up the games guns they flick into life, bending and clicking into place on their own. Its amazing. The noise and style of these guns sends me back to my times playing Star Wars Battlefront, which certainly isn't a bad thing. The multiplayer is excellent. Matchs are perfectly paced due to the size of the maps and guns you possess. Much better than the unfair chaos of CoD. Co-op(i'll get to the story in a second) is so very, very fun. Plenty of laughs to be had here. But I had one problem with this though. We started from the beginning. Master chief is woken by Cortana. He gets out the cryo sleep and has a chat with her. "Jameson", as I was called, woke up just after chief and opens up his pod. WHO IS HE(/them if more than one)? They aren't ever talked to by chief or Cortana. I would have like it if 343 put the effort in to give this/these sidekicks a back story. I mean, in the cut-scenes where do they go? Is "Jameson" a forgotten hero? I remember you "Jameson". The story is a bit too much like Portal for my liking. Baring in mind that Portal is one of my favorite games. Cortana has over done her stay as a computer and is slowly turning crazy. Making things harder for you on your than they should be. But the story is still good, none the less. What you do in the story however occasionally lacks the innovation of the other Halo's held. It follows your generic FPS fashion in 2/3 of what you'll be doing. You know the drill? Walk down a corridor, in Halos case a very wide corridor, and shoot the baddies. But due to everything I previously said, it doesn't get as repetitive as I have previously seen. So overall is a consistent package which is definitely worth your buck. Expand
  17. Feb 22, 2013
    Copy/Paste to all Halo reviews after all these years: I didn't have a 360 for a few years (played 3 and ODST). In the meantime I played all sorts of fps- COD, BF, Killzone (which is awesome), Resistance, and every single other one. And coming back to Halo when I rebought a 360 was like the greatest homecoming ever. Unlike those other games, every Halo battle is like a chess match waitingCopy/Paste to all Halo reviews after all these years: I didn't have a 360 for a few years (played 3 and ODST). In the meantime I played all sorts of fps- COD, BF, Killzone (which is awesome), Resistance, and every single other one. And coming back to Halo when I rebought a 360 was like the greatest homecoming ever. Unlike those other games, every Halo battle is like a chess match waiting to happen. And once you truly know every enemy and every weapon, you fall into a sweet spot of gaming that is possibly the best of all action games ever made. It's just the best. Great now I have to copy and paste this 4 more times. Expand
  18. Dec 4, 2012
    It's a great game but nothing like the previous excluding Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST. the graphics kill in this game. It's go **** beautiful to look at. I really like this game and want to love it but there's not the same feeling as with the other 4
  19. Jan 23, 2015
    In my opinion, this is the best Halo game out of Halo 1,2, and 3. It has a strong story, very good voice acting, and spectacular graphics. The ending of the campaign will hit you hard, I guarantee it. The only thing this game lacks is the firefight mode, which is a really fun aspect of a Halo game. 9/10 (Awesome)
  20. ERB
    Aug 2, 2013
    A game that is incredibly outstanding and exciting.Killing aliens and more more is very fun.I don't get it why it has a mixed review in the users.This should be high review,It is an excellent game.I am telling you guys go buy this or download this now and try playing It.It will be worth your time.
  21. May 5, 2014
    I love this game! This is by far the best Halo in the series!!! Multiplayer is well balanced and plays incredibly. I love the Halo story and this was a great part of it. The graphics were AMAZING for the 360!!!! and Spartan Ops is pretty cool too!
  22. Dec 9, 2014
    I think that after Bungie had left Halo alone to pursue bigger and worse things, DESTINY. 343 should have left Chief's story alone as it's done and created a new character to follow. What I expected them to do was screw it up but they didn't. Halo 4 is a really good game that isn't quite as good as Halo 1 but is about on the same level as 2.

Verdict: A great game that I expected not to

Verdict:
    A great game that I expected not to like but I did... a lot
  23. Dec 7, 2012
    I liked Halo 1, didn't care for Halo 2 and Halo 3 was okay. It's actually really refreshing to see a shooter other than Call of Duty. The game is leagues ahead of any CoD game, and what I don't understand is that the overall "Professional" scores of this game is on par with Black Ops 2??? That doesn't make any sense considering CoD has been the same since MW2. Halo 4 is in somewhat theI liked Halo 1, didn't care for Halo 2 and Halo 3 was okay. It's actually really refreshing to see a shooter other than Call of Duty. The game is leagues ahead of any CoD game, and what I don't understand is that the overall "Professional" scores of this game is on par with Black Ops 2??? That doesn't make any sense considering CoD has been the same since MW2. Halo 4 is in somewhat the same as Halo 3 was but also a lot different. I liked how they gave MC more character development which was lacking in the previous titles. The game looks great, the sounds are awesome, the multiplayer is even better than the previous games, even though it's always been pretty good anyways. If you give this game a low score but give any Call of Duty game a good score then there's something wrong with you. Even Halo 1 still has more things you can do with than any CoD game. I own a PS3 and a 360 and I usually play my PS3 more, but I have to give this game my recommendation, it's probably the only shooter that is different than the others and is one of the best to date IMO. Keep in mind that this franchaise is what made the original Xbox and without this franchaise we might not even have the Xbox 360 today :) Expand
  24. May 25, 2013
    This is definitely the Halo game I was waiting for! I was disappointed with Halo 3, but found some enjoyment in the prequels: Halo Reach, Halo Wars, and Halo 3 ODST. However, Halo 4 will never be better than Halo 2!
  25. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Graphics are updated compared to Reach but they are still not on par with other best looking console titles. 9.
    Sound: Nice Halo soundtrack, voice acting was good, no complains. 10.
    Sound: Nice Halo soundtrack, voice acting was good, no complains. 10.
    Gameplay: It feels more accessible, the controls seem to have changed similar to Cod. Although it’s still the Halo flavor, and the online is still competitive and better than other FPS shooters. The game adds newer promethean weapons which I had a blast with; it’s a really polished Halo title, and probably the best yet. Biggest disappointment, no boss battles! Also, the gameplay is mainly fun in co-op, solo would need more of a mix up. 8.5.
    Story: The story is much more interesting than any of the previous Halo’s but that’s not saying much. Master Chief is back, new planet, new species, new main boss enemy, but disappointing ending. 8.0.
    Lasting Appeal: The game is worth the purchase, campaign, Spartan ops, and a competitive multiplayer much better than Call of Duty Black Ops 2. 10.
    Overall Score: 9.1 out of 10.
  26. Nov 24, 2012
    Personally I thought Halo would die with Bungie, after a not-so-good remake of the first game by the hand of 343 I doubted the potential that this game would have, but I am happy to say, I was completely wrong. The first thing that stands out when you play Halo 4 are the visuals, this is by far the best looking game for the 360, it can even compete with PC graphics to a certain point sincePersonally I thought Halo would die with Bungie, after a not-so-good remake of the first game by the hand of 343 I doubted the potential that this game would have, but I am happy to say, I was completely wrong. The first thing that stands out when you play Halo 4 are the visuals, this is by far the best looking game for the 360, it can even compete with PC graphics to a certain point since the level of detail is amazing. The first thing I covered was the campaign, it was entertaining with a story now focused on Cortana and the forrunner awakening instead of Chief and the Halo rings. Prometheans stand out as the new enemies with some new challenges and badass weapons. Overall the campaign was great but it was a little short with only eight missions. However the next part makes up for it. Multiplayer is the star of this franchise since Halo 2, and it does not disappoint. There are various multiplayer modes, both old and new, which have excellent, faster, and more aggressive combat. Load-outs can now be created and selected and there are now powerful weapon drops, or ordinances, that are rewarded with kill streaks. One new vehicle has been added called the Mantis, which is a mech that is balanced enough to be badass yet destroyable. There are some great maps present such as the remake of Halo 3's Valhalla called Ragnarok, which is amazing. Also, there are now more than a single map for forge, and since most of the big team maps are massive there are good spots to be creative. The other multiplayer mode apart from the competitive modes is Spartan Ops. This mode is basically co-op missions with a unique story and with new episodes being released with time, the only problem I have with spartan ops is that with a few players I've had a great delay, making the game unplayable. Again, forge is better than ever, with some awesome maps, great new tools, and new options promoting creativity. This game has so much that I assure it will be completely worth whatever price it is where you live, 343 has done an amazing job and created one of my game of the year candidates. Expand
  27. Jan 8, 2014
    A really good shooter. A good story, memorable characters, a really good soundtrack, some of the best visuals on the 360 and an extremely fun and addicting multi-player experience. While not an innovative title and adds nothing we never saw in the previous Halo titles, it's still a fun game to play through and if you invite your friends over, prepare to spend hours in this game.
  28. Mar 18, 2013
    Campaign was long and hard, but it was good and awesome how it finished. Legendary mode got 10x harder since Bungie on Halo Reach. Multilayer is fun, and they keep adding new game modes so players wont get bored. File Sharing was a issue but 4 or so months later they fixed and made sure it worked.. and now it does both on the game and website. The Halo way point app hasn't been updated yetCampaign was long and hard, but it was good and awesome how it finished. Legendary mode got 10x harder since Bungie on Halo Reach. Multilayer is fun, and they keep adding new game modes so players wont get bored. File Sharing was a issue but 4 or so months later they fixed and made sure it worked.. and now it does both on the game and website. The Halo way point app hasn't been updated yet to track stats in which it is sad but thats another thing. Overall its a good game, and we can now see that 343 is not just a Microsoft company but the future for Halo Series to come. Expand
  29. Mar 2, 2013
    Halo has always been one of my favorite game series always fun and exciting. If you are a Halo fan you have probably already pre-ordered the game or have already bought it great GAME JUST AS usual Halo's.
  30. Apr 16, 2013
    Let me first start by saying that I have never been a Halo fan having only played Halo 1 on the PC and not being very impressed with it. I also finished Halo 3 ODST on the Xbox and wasn't particularly impressed with that either.. Until now I haven't seen anything from the Halo universe that was particularly impressive. I haven't played the multiplayer yet so this review is on theLet me first start by saying that I have never been a Halo fan having only played Halo 1 on the PC and not being very impressed with it. I also finished Halo 3 ODST on the Xbox and wasn't particularly impressed with that either.. Until now I haven't seen anything from the Halo universe that was particularly impressive. I haven't played the multiplayer yet so this review is on the campaign. The storyline was intriguing and well adapted. Actually one of the best single player storylines I have played in quite a few years. The controls were a bit awkward at first, straying from the typical FPS control scheme but after some play they are manageable. The graphics and dynamic environments were simply beautiful. Overall the game provided an epic story with great game mechanics. I don't know if this studio has produced other titles in the Halo world but they knocked this one out of the park. Expand
  31. Apr 9, 2013
    Awesome Game which must be played.
    Good: Graphics are amazing, controls are different but good,great multiplayer modes, split-screen is great, variety of modes, new enemies are interesting, the story can be understood without reading the books, tons of customization, Bad A Steep Learning Curve if you're new to Halo, Campaign is sometimes a bit too chaotic
    10/10 Just Buy It Seriously
  32. Aug 11, 2013
    343 did a great job taking the mantle away from Bungie. The game looks great with a good story. The action is pretty good but not the best. No more dual weapon usage which was kind of a drag. The game is about 8 hours on hard and can easily be beaten on normal over a weekend. The stand out in this game is the quality of overall sound effects. The music sound great and the guns are343 did a great job taking the mantle away from Bungie. The game looks great with a good story. The action is pretty good but not the best. No more dual weapon usage which was kind of a drag. The game is about 8 hours on hard and can easily be beaten on normal over a weekend. The stand out in this game is the quality of overall sound effects. The music sound great and the guns are "punchy". But I use a amp/dac paired with Beyerdynamics. But overall a good game worth a rental but not a buy. Expand
  33. Jun 5, 2013
    might not be as good as it's predecessor but it doesn't fall to far from the tree, although wish it had off been a few hours longer, the games soundtrack gameplay graphics are all spectacular, I did find the story a bit dry but I was just glad to revisit the halo universe again and play as the chief
  34. May 27, 2013
    I was fully satisfied when I finally played this Game. I'm not gonna lie, I was completely 'Halo-ed' out after Halo 3 and Reach and I was just losing interest in Halo, with plans to get a PS4!

Halo 4 is the game that not only regained my faith in the series, but also made choose to buy an XBOX One instead of a PS4. That's an accomplishment that 343 Industries should pat themselves on the back for. Looking forward to Halo 5!
  35. Nov 9, 2012
    Halo 4 represents a bold step forward for the franchise that feels both fresh and familiar. Boasting Halo's trademark multiplayer, a gripping campaign, an experimental co-op mode and the usual gubbins, Halo 4 like all the other Halos that have come and gone, represents incredible value for money.
  36. Nov 8, 2012
    Terrific graphics, sound - standard AAA game fair there, story was compelling a rare case of a games story that made me want to keep playing to see it unfold. The problems are many here but they're par for the course for AAA fps games these days, linear level design, tiny multiplayer maps (thank you consoles, your pathetic hardware continues to hamstring us) and while compelling at the endTerrific graphics, sound - standard AAA game fair there, story was compelling a rare case of a games story that made me want to keep playing to see it unfold. The problems are many here but they're par for the course for AAA fps games these days, linear level design, tiny multiplayer maps (thank you consoles, your pathetic hardware continues to hamstring us) and while compelling at the end I came away realizing that it was the characters I cared about and to try to avoid spoiling specifics here that's going to be a huge problem going forward. The ending left me dissapointed and a bit confused as all the build up around Master chief and whether he is in fact "broken" (emotionally/socially) and if so whether that's why he's so effective is left un-resolved. the plot is paper thin your enemies also lack any real motivation but that's par for the course for the series let alone the genre...so to wrap up why have I given this a higher score then it sounds like it deserves? Because it's better then it's predecessors in every way, but it's still the same old AAA fps. And I'm feeling sympathetic reading people complaining about the games ease while admitting to playing on normal or easy and all the jaded crap about paid reviewers. It's worth the box price for what it is, but also for what it might become there's a chance for a real story in an awesome world here, admittedly not with master chief after the events of the game... Expand
  37. Nov 9, 2012
    Thanks to no stop nerd complaining the user review for yet another large release is ruined. I know for so many people a catty internet complaint fest is a one way ticket to fame it makes the score pointless. In this case the game is great, go buy it. Don't know why people do the lame buy/rent it when most rental places are long gone. If you are one of those I don't like halo just getThanks to no stop nerd complaining the user review for yet another large release is ruined. I know for so many people a catty internet complaint fest is a one way ticket to fame it makes the score pointless. In this case the game is great, go buy it. Don't know why people do the lame buy/rent it when most rental places are long gone. If you are one of those I don't like halo just get over yourself and play a cool game. Expand
  38. Nov 7, 2012
    The Halo series returns with a lot of new and a lot of old. Be prepared for sandbox firefight shenanigans all over again. Newbies are filled in one the experience straight up luckily, but only loosely because this is a brand new trilogy. The Master Chief returns along with his AI companion Cortana in their most thought out adventure yet. The duo first crash land into a Forerunner planet,The Halo series returns with a lot of new and a lot of old. Be prepared for sandbox firefight shenanigans all over again. Newbies are filled in one the experience straight up luckily, but only loosely because this is a brand new trilogy. The Master Chief returns along with his AI companion Cortana in their most thought out adventure yet. The duo first crash land into a Forerunner planet, Requiem after the Chief is woken up from Cryo but Cortana is descending into rampancy, a process where AI Expand
  39. Dec 14, 2014
    graphics 10/10 abousity outstating controls perfect like every other halo game online i dont play online that much but the biggest flaw is the removal of the gamemode firefight it would have been perfect with the new enemies
  40. Feb 24, 2016
    esse jogo foi o melhor jogo fps que já joguei até hoje. o jogo tem tudo de bom: ótima história, boa jogabilidade, ótima trilha sonora, bons gráficos e um ótimo multiplayer. esse jogo da pra salvar com os amigos, poucos jogos da pra fazer isso, e esse é um dos poucos jogos de fps que da pra fazer isso. esse é o mestre dos jogos fps.
  41. Nov 6, 2012
    well, looks like all CoD and BF3 fanboys have joined at a bigger threat than Call of Duty and Battlefield will never be able to defeat. Halo 4 goes back to basics and takes a new route, it's good. Worth buying
  42. Nov 21, 2012
    I think I must have overhyped myself because I didn't feel stunned by the visuals when I first popped it in. Yes, they looks great but I think I had seen to many screen shots that I really expected to be blown away but when I popped it in it was what I had already seen. Having read the two Forerunner trilogy books prior to playing this I was excited to see how the forerunner, given thereI think I must have overhyped myself because I didn't feel stunned by the visuals when I first popped it in. Yes, they looks great but I think I had seen to many screen shots that I really expected to be blown away but when I popped it in it was what I had already seen. Having read the two Forerunner trilogy books prior to playing this I was excited to see how the forerunner, given there history with the human race, would be poised in this game. For those of you have read both and then played the game you were certainly understand when I say that the game does a fantastic job of lightly tying into the books and then making major pieces of the game way better. Bottom line, the campaign was great and music made it epic, and it no way let me down which was a bit of a concern the month before launch. The online was quite a shock. It didn't feel like Halo, borrowed a lot from Call of Duty but it still felt true to its nature. It took some getting used to but now I love it. The various changes they made felt forced at first but once I though about it I felt like they fit better in the Halo universe than anything else I could imagine them doing and another online like 3 or reach was not an option so it was a good compromise. I dabbled in the first episode of Spartan Ops and I like that it was a fairly smooth experience and other than the occasionally crappy teammate who just killed everyone else, it was actually a lot of fun. Halo is definitely in my top 3 this year and with the amount I keep going back to it I expect it will continue to move up. As I know some people are Halo-adverse I can't say I would recommend it to everyone, but if you are the kind of person that has ever had the slightest interest in Halo, this is an awesome point to jump in. Expand
  43. Feb 16, 2015
    The most under-appreciated game in the franchise.....why??????

Pros: Halo 4 is without a doubt the best looking game on the Xbox 360. The lighting is beautiful, the art direction is astounding and the tone created by the graphics perfectly matches the setting, single or multiplayer. In the campaign, the cutscenes are absolutely mind blowing to watch, as the motion capture and
    The most under-appreciated game in the franchise.....why??????

Pros:
    Halo 4 is without a doubt the best looking game on the Xbox 360. The lighting is beautiful, the art direction is astounding and the tone created by the graphics perfectly matches the setting, single or multiplayer. In the campaign, the cutscenes are absolutely mind blowing to watch, as the motion capture and animations are spot on.
    The campaign is without a doubt the best in the series. There is a strong bond between Chief and Cortana that you don't see as clearly in the previous games. After playing (most of) Halo: CE and Halo 3 (Not Halo 2 as I do not have an original Xbox or Xbox One), I was slightly underwhelmed by the campaign modes as they just consisted of general gameplay and didn't expand the story. I felt like 343 industries got it right with Halo 4.
    The sound design is awesome. I complimented CE Anniversary for having excellent sound design and it is just as good here. The weapons sound killer and the soundtrack is to die for.
    Multiplayer has always been good in the Halo series, and like most things in Halo 4, the multiplayer is a huge evolution. While retaining classic game modes such as slayer, the multiplayer is expanded on with improved features. It is closer to Call of Duty rather than Halo, but it is still a lot of fun.
    There is a new mode called "Spartan Ops", which is an episodic co-operative or solo mode in which you take on 5 relatively short missions for each episodes which take place after the main campaign and while they are short, there are 10 episodes (5 + 5 as a free DLC pack).

Overall, I think this is the strongest Halo game in the series and is truly underrated by fans. A stunning masterpiece.

44. Nov 11, 2012
    Simply put, it's outstanding. The campaign is an emotional roller-coaster ride that firmly embraces the deep and rich lore of the Halo universe, Multiplayer makes the right adjustments to keep up with the Joneses but more than maintains that classic halo feel, Forge is better than ever, and the new addition, Spartan Ops, is an absolute blast to play with friends! Tons of game and contentSimply put, it's outstanding. The campaign is an emotional roller-coaster ride that firmly embraces the deep and rich lore of the Halo universe, Multiplayer makes the right adjustments to keep up with the Joneses but more than maintains that classic halo feel, Forge is better than ever, and the new addition, Spartan Ops, is an absolute blast to play with friends! Tons of game and content here, and it is all firmly planted in classic Halo style. Sound design is absolutely fantastic, with a stirring score (although no where near Marty's mastery at Bungie) incredible gun sounds, and bar to none the best virtual performances I have ever witnessed in a shooter. The graphics are stellar, and the mechanics feel perfect. There are a couple moments during the campaign where the AI has a brain fart, or some weird graphical issue pops up, but aside from that this is an incredibly well polished presentation and package. Please don't listen to the trolls, Halo 4 is fantastic and the series is in good hands. Expand
  45. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Halo 4 is a masterstroke everyone can and should celebrate, and its two guaranteed sequels instantly make the next-generation Xbox a must-own system, with Halo 5 its most anticipated title. Halo has been rebuilt. It has been redefined. And it has been reinvigorated. The Xbox's original king has returned to his rightful place on the throne. Expand
  46. Nov 15, 2012
    Well what can I say. Halo 4 has come along and absolutely blown me away. It's truly amazing. Graphically the best game I've seen on any console and emotionally gorgeous.. Touching
    . Sure people are trying to bring it,down all over the internet, but there are just as many if not more telling you how amazing it is. I've played every halo game since ce. and played halo 3 almost every day since ltd release in 2007. In my opinion halo reach was the worst. and halo 4 brings it back to the classic halo feel. Sound effects are beautiful. 20k games of halo 3 and I loved every one. Halo 4 is gonna be the same. Ignore the trolling critics on here as well! Halo 4 has best black ops 2. Sorry trolls. Even your trolling can't bring this game down. Haha cyan
  47. Nov 7, 2012
    This game was nothing short of amazing. Musical score, graphics, weapons, story, characters, voice acting, facial animations, sound design, level and map design, enemy AI, vehicles...oh God EVERYTHING in this game is BEYOND excellent!! I had a fantastic time playing through the campaign...which is a VERY emotional story! I was left awed by the realistic CGI, and the theatrical quality ofThis game was nothing short of amazing. Musical score, graphics, weapons, story, characters, voice acting, facial animations, sound design, level and map design, enemy AI, vehicles...oh God EVERYTHING in this game is BEYOND excellent!! I had a fantastic time playing through the campaign...which is a VERY emotional story! I was left awed by the realistic CGI, and the theatrical quality of the scenes and dialogue. Halo 4 is the BEST installment in the series, and is by far the BEST console exclusive this year...if not for the past few years!! No game can compare to this game. Not even close. I'm STOKED for Halo 5!! If you don't own an Xbox 360....now is the time to get one :p Expand
  48. Nov 6, 2012
    I'm not sure what game some people are playing but it doesn't seem like it's Halo 4. Somebody said they can aim with the left bumper, I still have to click the right stick. And comparing this with MW3 is like comparing Cristiano Ronaldo with Bob McDonald from our Sunday league team. The single player is classic Halo with a few extras thrown in and much better graphics. The MP is excellentI'm not sure what game some people are playing but it doesn't seem like it's Halo 4. Somebody said they can aim with the left bumper, I still have to click the right stick. And comparing this with MW3 is like comparing Cristiano Ronaldo with Bob McDonald from our Sunday league team. The single player is classic Halo with a few extras thrown in and much better graphics. The MP is excellent and 343 have added loadouts and weapon drops but they fit the Halo profile perfectly and add a bit extra to the game. I love the 6 or so hours I've played so far and I think it's going to sit in my drive for a few months to come. Expand
  49. Nov 8, 2012
    Don't listen to the people that are giving this amazing game a bad score, this game is easily 10/10, outstanding story, visually the best looking game on the Xbox 360, and fun addicting online multiplayer. To the people that are giving this game 0-4, their just CoD fanboys that are thrashing this game. Buy this game!!!
  50. Nov 28, 2012
    Overall great game and i love the weapons although the campagin is short who gives a damn the multiplayer matters the most in games today its more like a 8.5
  51. Oct 20, 2015
    2nd best Halo to me behind 3. The gameplay as well as the campaign was very good. I would put this on the same level as 3 but the online community features in this game are lacking. Halo 3 was memorable because of forge and being able to easily share and download maps or game types, which was nonexistent in this.
  52. Nov 21, 2015
    O Halo mais 'mahomenos' da série depois do Halo 5? Talvez. Halo 4 possui excelentes gráficos, senão, os gráficos mais bonitos que já vi. A jogabilidade se mantém no estilo dos Halo's anteriores. O multiplayer do jogo é excelente, recomendo a todos jogar. A trilha sonora se mantém no nível extremo da saga Halo, ÉPICA. O ponte negativo e Halo 4 é a história, focando naquele 'romance' doO Halo mais 'mahomenos' da série depois do Halo 5? Talvez. Halo 4 possui excelentes gráficos, senão, os gráficos mais bonitos que já vi. A jogabilidade se mantém no estilo dos Halo's anteriores. O multiplayer do jogo é excelente, recomendo a todos jogar. A trilha sonora se mantém no nível extremo da saga Halo, ÉPICA. O ponte negativo e Halo 4 é a história, focando naquele 'romance' do Master Chief com a Cortana.

História: 8/10
    Gráficos: 10/10
    Jogabilidade: 10/10
    Desempenho: 10/10
    Trilha sonora: 10/10
  53. Jan 2, 2013
    After having played many great games in 2012, Halo 4 would be my pick for Game of the Year. By far the greatest Halo game. Good story, great presentation and pacing. Gameplay and weapons the best of any Halo game yet. This renders Halo 3 about unplayable and makes Halo Reach look dated, and that's just the stellar Campaign mode. Really just started playing multiplayer shooters lastAfter having played many great games in 2012, Halo 4 would be my pick for Game of the Year. By far the greatest Halo game. Good story, great presentation and pacing. Gameplay and weapons the best of any Halo game yet. This renders Halo 3 about unplayable and makes Halo Reach look dated, and that's just the stellar Campaign mode. Really just started playing multiplayer shooters last year BF3, Transformers FOC and I really enjoy Halo 4 Multiplayer.. Multiplayer is not as deep as BF3, but man it is awesome fun. Don't know what these low reviewers think they should have done better, probably prefer zombie or kiddie games, but I feel this is the must have Xbox game of 2012! Expand
  54. Mar 18, 2015
    Halo 4 is an absolute glorious addition to the franchise. The main reason a lot of people get Halo is for the online. The multiplayer mode is excellent that has the combat more fast paced and exhilarating than previous Halo's. I just can't put my finger on it, but the game just feels a little Call of Duty-esque, just very little, but it is a true Halo game. One nice addition to multiplayerHalo 4 is an absolute glorious addition to the franchise. The main reason a lot of people get Halo is for the online. The multiplayer mode is excellent that has the combat more fast paced and exhilarating than previous Halo's. I just can't put my finger on it, but the game just feels a little Call of Duty-esque, just very little, but it is a true Halo game. One nice addition to multiplayer is the ability to make custom classes with different abilities and weapons with many possibilities. I also love that you can customize how your character looks in multiplayer, so each player will look unique. The game not only plays great, but looks and sounds fantastic. For 2012, the graphics are absolutely incredible with dynamic lighting, textures, and has a nice glossy look. The game score is composed by a different composer from previous Halo's, and the style of the music is definitely different. Past Halo's were very prominent with heavy percussion and simple orchestrations and synthesizers here and there. On the score, the music sounds a lot more in your face with lots of orchestrations and can sometimes feel a little over the top and overproduced but all in all, it's a very good score. Now to the campaign. The campaign adds new enemies, the Forerunners, which gives you a breathe of fresh air from always combating the Covenant. Each missions is awesome to play and fairly lengthy. The story really shines with the Master Chief and Cortana. I won't give to much away, but the developers really expanded with their connection and have a lot more personal dialogue between the two. Their chemistry in this game is superb and beautiful, and I've never seen any other two characters in video games or movies that has even come close to matching. You know a game is amazing when the story makes you cry, especially when it's the only game to make you do that. I won't spoil anything, but the game ending is so heartfelt and cordial that left me in tears and may leave you in tears. Halo 4 is a game that everybody should play. Expand
  55. Nov 12, 2012
    Excellent addition to the halo series, Halo 4 boasts great graphics, awesome looking cut scenes, voice acting, and classic Halo gameplay. If your a fan on halo you will not be let down. The Prometheans are fairly cool and their wepons are pretty sweet too. As far as the story goes it was pretty good, but not once did i feel like i had a grip on what was going on, its never super clear onExcellent addition to the halo series, Halo 4 boasts great graphics, awesome looking cut scenes, voice acting, and classic Halo gameplay. If your a fan on halo you will not be let down. The Prometheans are fairly cool and their wepons are pretty sweet too. As far as the story goes it was pretty good, but not once did i feel like i had a grip on what was going on, its never super clear on what is happening or why your in a specific location and so on. Multiplayer is what youd expect from halo, great. Overall Halo 4 is an awesome game that any fan should go out and buy. Expand
  56. Nov 7, 2012
    Incredible game. It's a shame such an obvious smear campaign is marring a great game's review. The value of this game is amazing. The story is more involved and the cinematics are Hollywood quality. 343 do please keep up the phenomenal work.
  57. Dec 11, 2012
    I hate halo! but this one is a lot of fun for online play. I normally can't stand generic FPS shooters but let's be honest: where are you going to find the best online play? Halo pretty much...
  58. Nov 13, 2012
    343 out Bungie'd Bungie!
    343 out Bungie'd Bungie!
    Let's make this short and sweet. If you like Halo you are gonna get it anyway either because you love the series or wanna see if it was butchered. Yeah that did not happen. Instead you got production values through the roof, new enemy types in the Promethians that are worthy of the series, a large selection of weapons that are a blast to use, the best multiplayer maps since Halo 2, changes to the multiplayer that was needed but did not take from what Halo is about, more varriety than any shooter to date, unlimited replay with Spartan Ops, A.I. that is at the top of the class, and last but not least, my GOTY so far.
    343 knocked it out of the park. And those graphics and the music and gun sounds........This may just be the new production values king on any console. It looks and sounds that good.
    If I have any complaints the lighting is a little overdone, and there is not much in the way of big team battles in multiplayer. Also only a few maps are used for each type of game mode's unless you create it yourself. But those are small complaints to be honest.
    I do not give 10's out often. But this game is amazing.
  59. May 9, 2014
    A breath of fresh air. Like REACH was to its predecessors. Simply the best looking and playing game i have experienced since probably Final Fantasy 7 on PS1. Better looking than Crysis 3. It will put a grin on your face. Elating/ emotional
  60. Nov 27, 2012
    OK, to be honest I've never been a Halo fan. These titles are the most generic FPS you can play. However, for the MP value alone, they are worth it. Like COD, you can ALWAYS find a good MP scene online. You will ALWAYS find an arsenal of weapons and maps that will keep you addicted to your online gaming fix like nothing else. Outstanding online gameplay.
  61. Jan 7, 2014
    It's pretty clear that 343 put a great deal of effort into the game. The production values are extremely high, and it's one of the best-looking games on the market even after the release of the Xbox One and PS4. The sound is mostly great as well. The gameplay is almost identical to past Halo games, which is a good thing, but you may be a little tired of it by now if you'd played all theIt's pretty clear that 343 put a great deal of effort into the game. The production values are extremely high, and it's one of the best-looking games on the market even after the release of the Xbox One and PS4. The sound is mostly great as well. The gameplay is almost identical to past Halo games, which is a good thing, but you may be a little tired of it by now if you'd played all the other games in the series. I'm only taking off a couple points for the rehashed gameplay and a couple weird moments in co-op, like trying to get through the scripted vehicle sections and having your character randomly explode because the other player died. Overall it's still one of the best shooters you can get for a console. Expand
  62. Aug 2, 2013
    Halo 1-3 & Halo Wars were amazing games, this one also qualifies to be some of the best in the series, but from what I can tell, more additions to the halo franchise is just microsofts way to milk it. Halo 4 was good, but not nearly as good as 1-3
  63. Dec 12, 2012
    the first time you play the game, all you can say is: awesome. Not only the addicted shooting and action throughout the game, but also the very memorable story, and plus, the almost-unbeatable outstanding visual. You cannot help but falling in the famous multiplayer of the game. Without a doubt this game is the killer application, a genuine signature game of XBOX 360. If you intend to buythe first time you play the game, all you can say is: awesome. Not only the addicted shooting and action throughout the game, but also the very memorable story, and plus, the almost-unbeatable outstanding visual. You cannot help but falling in the famous multiplayer of the game. Without a doubt this game is the killer application, a genuine signature game of XBOX 360. If you intend to buy a XBOX just for playing Halo 4, it's a good reason Expand
  64. Jan 5, 2013
    Woah, just woah. I was expecting a pretty good campaign but no where near as good as it was. The story was amazing. Graphics are amazing, especially the scenery. There is nothing wrong with it all. For me, multiplayer was a slight step down from Reach. It's still great fun, if not better in areas. However, one thing I really was looking forward too that I didn't get was Firefight, whichWoah, just woah. I was expecting a pretty good campaign but no where near as good as it was. The story was amazing. Graphics are amazing, especially the scenery. There is nothing wrong with it all. For me, multiplayer was a slight step down from Reach. It's still great fun, if not better in areas. However, one thing I really was looking forward too that I didn't get was Firefight, which was one of my favourite game modes which I would love to have seen brought into Halo 4. Other then that, 343 Industries have done a great job taking over where Bungie left. Expand
  65. Nov 13, 2012
    I didn't expect to like this game so much. I love it how all of the trolls on here who are not really Halo fans have given the game 474 negative reviews. Good job guys, you had no sway over sales of the game. Regardless, I am having a lot of fun with this one. Reach and ODST were lame compared. The multiplayer in this title is as frenetic as Halo 3 with the fun gametypes of Halo 2. If youI didn't expect to like this game so much. I love it how all of the trolls on here who are not really Halo fans have given the game 474 negative reviews. Good job guys, you had no sway over sales of the game. Regardless, I am having a lot of fun with this one. Reach and ODST were lame compared. The multiplayer in this title is as frenetic as Halo 3 with the fun gametypes of Halo 2. If you are a Halo fan, pick this up. Expand
  66. Nov 7, 2012
    Amazing they made it look this good on the xbox 360, where a lot of games are starting to look somewhat dated. Halo 4 looks really really good. Even see the trolls rating this 0 are stating that the game looks really good. I thought they game would introduce a new gun or two, but they brought in a whole new group of guns that all differentiate pretty well. When you start getting themAmazing they made it look this good on the xbox 360, where a lot of games are starting to look somewhat dated. Halo 4 looks really really good. Even see the trolls rating this 0 are stating that the game looks really good. I thought they game would introduce a new gun or two, but they brought in a whole new group of guns that all differentiate pretty well. When you start getting them from the forerunners you get a variety of weapons so you kind of have to figure em out. I haven't really been impressed with a Halo game since Halo 2, but this game really does the genre justice. It's almost like they rescued the franchise from Bungie who was turning into George Lucas with Star Wars. i'm not biggest stickler on graphics but after all is said and done, you walk away amazed at how they made a console game look so good. Expand
  67. Jan 16, 2013
    I cant fault the game for its presentation; this is probably the best the 360 can ever look, and add in a soundtrack where I went looking for the tracks on youtube. The sound effects are done brilliantly, where firing an assault rifle for the first time gives you eargasms, and the environments are varied and gorgeous.

The game falls down a bit in the gameplay. Its added in modern

The game falls down a bit in the gameplay. Its added in modern annoyances that will deter veterans, but will have newer players looking to see if its for them. Sprint, new abilities, and choosing custom loadouts are a way to catch up with the Military shooters, but it loses the earlier games feeling of being on the same playing field at the start, and picking up powerups and weapons as you go. Having custom loadouts inherently changes players status on the battlefield, and as such loses that competitive edge from Halo 2 and 3. The lack of ranked playlists is the nail in the coffin for competitive types, but social still has its good clean halo fun.

The campaign is deeper from a character narrative, but seems like it has less scope than Halo 3. It has new enemies to fight, and new weapons to fight them with to keep it from feeling ancient. The main problem is its overly linear feel, but aside from that its still a solid story for the fans.

343 have done a great job with keeping Halo as a AAA shooter, and despite the complaints I have with the game, it does not mean I hate it. I like the halo feel, while questionning the new direction, and hope the next game they develop improves upon the linear nature of single player, and change the multiplayer somewhat.
  68. Jan 29, 2013
    Before I played Halo 4, I was a big Call of Duty fan. I fell like ever since Modern Warfare 2, the series has been going down ever since. I couldn't stand Black Ops 2 anymore and I decided to try something different. I can honestly say Halo 4 is the first Halo game I have ever played, and the best FPS I have ever played. The story was remarkable, the guns were great, the sound was great,Before I played Halo 4, I was a big Call of Duty fan. I fell like ever since Modern Warfare 2, the series has been going down ever since. I couldn't stand Black Ops 2 anymore and I decided to try something different. I can honestly say Halo 4 is the first Halo game I have ever played, and the best FPS I have ever played. The story was remarkable, the guns were great, the sound was great, everything to me was great. 343 Industries did a great job of creating their first Halo game. If I have to nit pick certain stuff, Spartan Ops to me is kinda boring and really has no replay value compared to the campaign. Another criticism I would have is since Halo's multiplayer has taken a Call of Duty approach, I expected there to be more maps to choose from. I usually find myself playing the same maps over and over again like exile. Last is the music, don't get me wrong I love the music in Halo 4, but I found it a little disappointing that they didn't input some of the original music in the game. Nevertheless, Halo 4 is great! I really recommend this game anyone! Expand
  69. Mar 17, 2014
    With astounding graphics, immersive campaign, addicting multiplayer, and a surprisingly fun spartan ops mode, halo 4 is a fantastic entry to the halo franchise, and arguably one of the best halo games ever.
  70. Nov 12, 2012
    This game is not bad at all. No it does not revolutionize gaming but for a 60 dollar price point you will not be disappointed. Graphics are one of the best on this aging console and the music and sound is spectacular. The campaign is a bit on the short side but the multiplater really shines and you will be playing it for hours on end especially if you have a good group of friends to play with.
  71. Nov 12, 2012
    Let me just say this up front, Halo 4 is not a perfect 10 but neither is it a bad game either. While the game does have some flaws (AI noticeably dumber, new weapons are pretty meh, doesn't do anything really new) it still hits all the notes you would expect from a Halo game and it does them competently. The visuals are absolutely amazing especially on an aging console, and while not asLet me just say this up front, Halo 4 is not a perfect 10 but neither is it a bad game either. While the game does have some flaws (AI noticeably dumber, new weapons are pretty meh, doesn't do anything really new) it still hits all the notes you would expect from a Halo game and it does them competently. The visuals are absolutely amazing especially on an aging console, and while not as iconic or bombastic as something from Marty O'Donnell the new music here fits well and doesn't distract from the action. Four player co-op for the campaign and new Spartan Ops episodes are still a blast, and getting a party together for some MP action is great way to spend an evening.

It doesn't do anything to break the mold or take any chances, but there is something to be said for not fixing what isn't broken either. Halo 4 isn't going to change your mind if you weren't a fan already. But for fans or those on the fence then I would certainly recommend at least giving a try. For a new studio trying to fill some pretty big shoes 343 certainly could have done a whole lot worse :3
  72. Nov 25, 2012
    I hate Halo. I've hated Halo for a long time. For me, Halo represents the beginning of mainstream gaming. As more and more people line up for their Halo or CoD releases, a piece of orginiality dies within the gaming industry, which is now dominated by megacorps out to make as much money as possible. (nothing wrong with trying to make money, but they don't seem to care about the qualityI hate Halo. I've hated Halo for a long time. For me, Halo represents the beginning of mainstream gaming. As more and more people line up for their Halo or CoD releases, a piece of orginiality dies within the gaming industry, which is now dominated by megacorps out to make as much money as possible. (nothing wrong with trying to make money, but they don't seem to care about the quality of the game.)

I could never attatched to Master Cheif, and I didnt' care about the overarching story. Just hated it. Didn't even play ODST or Reach. Halo 4 gets released, and I'm given a copy by a friend. For a laugh, I load it up, thinking I'll hate it like I hated all the others. 7 hours later I put down the controller having finished the campaign. I may have to go back and give the other games in the series a chance, because Halo 4 has blown me away! Graphically it is gorgeous, the sound design is probably the best of the year. The gameplay is quick and intuitive, but the story.... oh man the story is what has guaranteed a purchase of Halo 5 for me. 343 Studios should be commended for taking a faceless soldier lacking any basic personality, and using sublte (yes subtle in a Halo game) story telling, allowing the player to actually connect to Master Cheif and Cortana. It was brilliant... probably the best story in a game this year, barring maybe The Last Story. Multiplayer is great fun, and Spartan Ops are also great. Don't listen to Halo haters. I know... I used to be one.
  73. Apr 25, 2013
    I am not a really big fan of the halo series, but I feel that 343 industries has taken the game to a new level, since I really believe the series needed to take a step forward. I feel that the single player could have been put more effort into, but other than that, the multiplayer is great, and it is the one aspect that kept me from giving it a mixed score.

I suggest that people should

I suggest that people should wait a little bit until the prices decrease a little bit, so lots of people can have the same amount of fun for a low cost.
  74. Apr 14, 2015
    i did expect more but it was well delivered, with an awesome campaign and fun muiltiplayer, but they took out some things that i wish where in it like some unsc air vehicles, BUT YOU GET TO DRIVE A PELICAN which is really cool making fans happy
  75. Nov 19, 2012
    Halo 4 is the best Halo game in the whole entire series,I
    Halo 4 is the best Halo game in the whole entire series,I
    I wasn't completely sure how 343 studios would make this game,and I must admit I had my doubts.but after finally breaking down and going out to buy the limited edition halo 4 console,I must say it was worth ever penny.Halo 4 is a ground breaking marvel in the fps genre.and 343 studios did an amazing job with halo 4.the graphics are some of the best yet on the xbox 360 (I wasn't sure if I was seeing animated charecters or live real people on cutscenes)everything was sooo realistic and even the sound track and gun fire explosions sound FANTASTIC.343 in my opinion beat Bungie's halo hands down.great job 343 I won't doubt you again in the halo franchise.TAKE THAT CALL OF DUTY, YOU'VE BEEN SERVED.
  76. Nov 6, 2012
    Epic new story arc started... and wow to Cortana & MC's banter in this Halo.. the best yet.

Campaign was awesome, and haven't played much multiplayer yet, but from what I can tell, it's pretty bleeding good. My only complaint would be the matchmaking (no 'Best Connection' filter) but I like how there's more emphasis on skill matching anyway, all good!
  77. Nov 15, 2012
    It' been a while since I actually played a video game that got me stuck to my seat. Halo 4 has everything that a game needs to work. Outstanding graphics and cinematic, a fitting soundtrack and a solid story with strong emotion as a bonus. Sure, the story is short at around 7 - 8 hours of playtime on the hardest setting but what the game offers in game play and story definitely makes upIt' been a while since I actually played a video game that got me stuck to my seat. Halo 4 has everything that a game needs to work. Outstanding graphics and cinematic, a fitting soundtrack and a solid story with strong emotion as a bonus. Sure, the story is short at around 7 - 8 hours of playtime on the hardest setting but what the game offers in game play and story definitely makes up for this. 343 industries are certainly a worthy successor to the great Bungie and I am certainly excited about what is to come from this company.
    I do however feel that this game does focus way too strongly on the online multiplayer feature but today, that's a given with any game of this genre. I would have liked the story to be longer but for what we are given, it is definitely a worthy sequel.
  78. Nov 10, 2012
    Deep emerging campaign, gorgeous looking. Brilliantly continues the Halo story.

Multiplayer is great too. Won't get this out the disc tray for a while.
  79. Jan 15, 2013
    This is a very good game, great multiplayer and great sound design and graphics. The only complaint I have about it is the length of the campaign, it's not as long as the other Halo games and you could finish it in a couple of days. Multiplayer should keep you busy for a long time though, and spartan ops is a good new mode that was added. Spartan ops is like a new mini campaign, theThis is a very good game, great multiplayer and great sound design and graphics. The only complaint I have about it is the length of the campaign, it's not as long as the other Halo games and you could finish it in a couple of days. Multiplayer should keep you busy for a long time though, and spartan ops is a good new mode that was added. Spartan ops is like a new mini campaign, the missions aren't long but they aren't meant to be long so I like it. Any Xbox player should pick this up. Expand
  80. Jun 18, 2013
    Halo 4 is living proof that the Halo series made so famous by Bungie is in good hands with 343. 343 also went on to prove that it's possible to change a game series for the better as opposed to Call of Duty and the Ezio story of Assassin's Creed.

81. Nov 7, 2012
    Visually it is honestly up there with the best FPS games of this console generation. Game play is a big step up from previous entries with the variety of load out options you can have and also the combat itself is impressive. The sound of the game is probably the best of any Halo game. The guns sound and feel more realistic, the vehicles too. And whoever did the soundtrack for this gameVisually it is honestly up there with the best FPS games of this console generation. Game play is a big step up from previous entries with the variety of load out options you can have and also the combat itself is impressive. The sound of the game is probably the best of any Halo game. The guns sound and feel more realistic, the vehicles too. And whoever did the soundtrack for this game (pretty sure it wasn't old Marty McDonnell) did a great job.

For those users giving it anything below a 6 or 7 take the game for what it is. This is Halo, this isn't Call of Duty or Battlefield like so many of you have been posting so rate it for being a halo game not a COD or Battlefield clone.

For anyone complaining it's not Dishonored or Assassin's Creed III .... this isn't that type of game so they aren't comparable. This is an FPS so enough of those comparisons that's childish and pathetic that you would try to compare the two. Be a bit smarter about it. Also if you complain about the length ..... what FPS has ever had a lengthy campaign like Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed? None.

If you want an FPS and enjoy Halo you should love this, and if you want a different type of stealthy / third person game go buy Assassin's Creed III it really is an amazing game in and of itself. I'm tired of people trashing this game and giving it 0's. There 's a reason HALO is a giant franchise that almost any developer would chomp at the bit to work with, because they are solid games and this one is no exception. Halo 4 is the best entry to date and take the story for what it is ... a sci-fi story that you either like or hate and personally I find the continual story (minus the cluster of Halo 2) quite entertaining. A solid game overall and well worth the money.
  82. Nov 24, 2012
    Halo 4 is an outstanding game and is a direct sequel to Halo 4 and is the first Halo game in the new Reclaimer saga and is the first original Halo game made by 343 industries and is backed up behind the recent Halo live action web series Forward Unto Dawn. Plot: after Halo 3, Master Chief has remained in cryogenic sleep upon the vessel known as Forward Unto Dawn, and has requested toHalo 4 is an outstanding game and is a direct sequel to Halo 4 and is the first Halo game in the new Reclaimer saga and is the first original Halo game made by 343 industries and is backed up behind the recent Halo live action web series Forward Unto Dawn. Plot: after Halo 3, Master Chief has remained in cryogenic sleep upon the vessel known as Forward Unto Dawn, and has requested to Cortana to be re-awakened when needed. Cortana realizes that their vessel is under attack by the Covenant who have broken their truce with the humans. When she awakens chief she warns him that they are orbited an ancient Forerunner planet, Requiem. The planet's Gravity Well intiates and brings the Covenant and as well as Chief, Cortana, and The Dawn into a collision course with the planet. On Requiem, Cortana reveals she is rampant and should be dead and will eventually think herself to death. They attempt to re-establish communications with the Infinity, a massive vessel that is home to the new spartan 4 program led by Commander Del Rio. In an attempt to clear communications lines they accidently free the ancient forerunner, Diadect, who is hell bent on eliminating humanity, and whose power manipulates the Covenant and the Prometheans into becoming his army. Comparison to Halo 3: Chief sports a new look in his mark 7 armor and is a bigger and better badass then he already was. Also their is more insight into Chief's legacy, Cortana's emotions, and the Spartan program itself. the Battle Rifle returns as well as the Covenant Carbine, the option to duel wield does not return. Comparison to Halo Reach: graphics are crispier, goes back to classic Halo 3 HUD, sprint is a default part of the experience as it is now not an armor ability, the DMR returns, and the infection game mode has evolved into the more gripping Flood game mode, Firefight mode does not return. New elements for the Halo experience: A new enemy known as the Prometheans are an interesting species that weild guns that shoot light and build right into your hands. Also the oppurtunity to pilot a Pelican is now here. Multiplayer: All multiplayer matches take place on the Infinity as training simulations for the Spartan 4s. Also Spartan Ops gives you 5 new missions for 10 weeks after Halo 4's original release as long as you have an Xbox Live Gold account which you get 2 weeks free for purchasing Halo 4. This game uses create a load out customization options which make for a customized experience as well as ordanance which gives the player random killstreaks in the form of a choice of weapon, grenade, or amor ability. My opinion: Halo 4 is a must play game that will be remembered as the most revolutionary Halo title since the original Combat Evolved itself. It reminds me of Call of Duty in terms of its easy to jump into play style, and its more interactive campaign, and killstreak like create a class like system. Even the Spartan Ops remind the player of Special Ops from Modern Warfare. I would reccomend this to anyone who wants to begin gaming or to anyone who owns an Xbox 360, even so I would find a way to try out this great game. Expand
  83. Jun 19, 2013
    I enjoyed my time with Halo 4. The campaign was good but way too short, and i really enjoyed spartan ops with my coop partner. I would recommend it to people but me personally I am a bit tired of FPS games. It's a lot of better than Cod.
  84. Nov 18, 2012
    I'd give the game a 9.5 The gameplay is a proper evolution of Halo gameplay while keeping the core features that make the game definitely feel like Halo, just refined and improved. Compared to most other FPS single player campaigns, Halo 4s is very good. The story is just ok, but I had more fun in SP than most games all gen due entirely to Halo unique gameplay and enemy AI. To add someI'd give the game a 9.5 The gameplay is a proper evolution of Halo gameplay while keeping the core features that make the game definitely feel like Halo, just refined and improved. Compared to most other FPS single player campaigns, Halo 4s is very good. The story is just ok, but I had more fun in SP than most games all gen due entirely to Halo unique gameplay and enemy AI. To add some much neede depth to the SP story it's best to watch all the PR and spends a day reading the HaloWiki. The improved graphics (which are excellent for old consoles) come at a minor cost to environment size and perhaps a tiny hit to AI. The MP is a series best for me....so far. I've had the game since launch and seem to have spent 75% on my MP time on one map, due to the voting system and the map options the game offers. There is a problem with matches and stats not being added to your record which is VERY frustrating. I enjoy spartan-ops more than the firefight and the story element adds to the enjoyment despite being fairly shallow but something is better than nothing. Also, the lack of matchmaking for old spartan ops episodes is a major let down. Overall, the game offers so many hours of fun and interesting game types that it deserves to be among the best games in the gen. 343 actually surpasses Bungie in many ways, and only falters occasionally. 343 has proven to me that they are among the top devs, Halo 4 do a lot and does the majority of it very very well. Expand
  85. Nov 11, 2012
    This is still halo. Though it is missing a lot of little things from previous games, which hinders the experience some. CAMPAIGN- the game is beautiful, however, the campaign feels just like the campaign you've played for the last ten years. Maybe thats a good thing, but for me, it's kind of boring, it always has been. Missing from the story mode is the ability to discover skulls and aThis is still halo. Though it is missing a lot of little things from previous games, which hinders the experience some. CAMPAIGN- the game is beautiful, however, the campaign feels just like the campaign you've played for the last ten years. Maybe thats a good thing, but for me, it's kind of boring, it always has been. Missing from the story mode is the ability to discover skulls and a scoring system to challenge, leaving the whole experience a little bland, or hollow. MULTIPLAYER- a lot of changes to the formula here, some are welcome, some not so much. CONS-The biggest omission is a real ranked multiplayer system. All you do is play for experience and there's little incentive to play proper and actually win. Ranked games encouraged smart play and a better experience for hardcore players. Also, you no longer can call out your "X" to your teammates when you die, because there is none, your icon just goes away. Looking at the scoreboard during the game disables your movement unlike previous games. When jumping into matchmaking playlists, your often thrown into a game in progress, on the team that is shorthanded, which is usually losing as a result. Thats not a fun way to play, and it makes your stats look bad. So again, hardcore players who are into that will not like that. To ensure that you play games from the very start, you must remain in the group after a game. But what if you don't like the group you played with? Oh well....you'll just have to stay, or take your chances jumping into a playlist again. Awful respawns still plague the game, as you respawn right in front of the person who just killed you a second ago. No firefight! PROS- loadouts. They do have a major impact on how the game is played, with some time you get used to it, and you may even love the new flexibility it has to offer. smarter, well prepared players can now choose a loadout to take advantage of nearly any situation, as you can switch your loadout whenever you die. Ordinance drops have been added, giving you powerful weapons and player performance buffs for getting kills, allowing you to help turn the tide in battle. Loadouts and ordinances do change how fundamental the game is, as you can no longer rely completely on snagging the power weapons on the map. It's still a sound strategy, but if you cant ever get the best toys, your not out of the game. I welcome this change of pace. Territories has been revamped into a beefed up tower defense type of game. You gain a territory, and over time it becomes fortified and you also recieve powerful weapon shipments, helping you dictate the outcome. It's an interesting mode, perhaps the only one that is better than it used to be. FORGE-it's still there, and it's alright, but it feels a bit unwieldy. Halo reach, is stillthe ultimate forge mode. OVERALL- I've been mostly negative, but most importantly, as a standalone game, halo 4 would be fantastic. It's still a great game. It's made worse because of the games that came before it. If your avery devoted and hardcore player, this one probably won't fulfill your expectations. For most everyone else, it's still a lot of fun. Expand
  86. lox
    Mar 16, 2014
    Graphically beautiful, fun campaign, fluid controls, great set-pieces and addicting multiplayer, Halo 4 is a welcome entry to the franchise. While it doesn't quite reach the heights of 1 and 2, and the campaign is fairly short, it's still entertaining as hell.
  87. Aug 31, 2015
    I love the halo series and 343 did an amazing job of this game. campaign was great and mulltiplayer was fantasic. its smooth launch on the 360. but if this game came out on pc. it will be more amazing but hey this game its still great!
  88. Nov 13, 2012
    Best Single Player and Multilayer Experience ever. This game deserves Game Of The Year by every means. Great Graphics, Physics, Engine, Controls and Sound. Really engaging story and the Cenamatics are so close to the real game play. I was blown away. Give this game a try before judging. Much better than Halo 3.
  89. Jun 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 343 Industries taking over the Halo scenario, and you get this brilliance that signifies the start of a new Halo trilogy. Halo 4's weapon variety has proved well, the new Suppressor rifle, the awesome Binary Rifle, and my favorite quick-piercing weapon, the SAW! Great lighting, brilliant resolution, aesthetically brilliant battlefields, balanced game play, great adventurous music! A few problems however, were the dumb ally AI's as they don't bother moving at times which meant more Promethean and Covenant stress for me, the Promethean Lancers were just too repetitive, I was getting enraged after they managed to scare the crap out of me so many times when they teleported in front of my damn face, I lost my sniper scope focus while screaming at the Infinity level battlefield!! For me, they are more frightening than the Flood foe and the grotesque Elites that kept going melee on your arse! The skeletal faces of the Prometheans still frightens me after I had finished the campaign..but what Halo 4 also brought was the emotional attachment between John-117 and Cortana, truly touching. I'd love to see Halo 5 being much darker than its predecessor in terms of storyline! Well done 343! Expand
  90. Mar 6, 2013
    Halo 4 is such stellar and the epic chapter of the new Reclaimer trilogy had finally begun! The multiplayer is absolute win. Campaign is still a thrill ride and it gotten soo much better!
  91. Apr 28, 2013
    I expected a lot more. You can't just shine a person that was so hyped with new guns and fancy armor and expect them to smile. The story of Halo 4 was a disappointment with the ending experience, I would of just skipped the campaign and wen't straight to multiplayer where the real fun begins. For a person who has played the other Halos, Halo 4s multiplayer doesn't feel like Halo anymore.I expected a lot more. You can't just shine a person that was so hyped with new guns and fancy armor and expect them to smile. The story of Halo 4 was a disappointment with the ending experience, I would of just skipped the campaign and wen't straight to multiplayer where the real fun begins. For a person who has played the other Halos, Halo 4s multiplayer doesn't feel like Halo anymore. It's not based on skill often, It's based on who gets the bigger weapon the fastest and kills the most people with it. Though some times multiplayer could be a blast in war games with exciting explosions and rapid fire fights, Mostly if you die, It's your fault. Spartan Ops feels like a filler and the moment I tried it it didn't receive to be much fun, I deleted it afterwards because you have to download it when it should be in the CD. I'm not sure about this one, i'm better off playing Halo 3 because FORGE was 10 times better. I can barely get any fun custom games with Halo 4 because the ability to make maps in FORGE can be more stressful than playing Dark Souls. Even though the chief is back. Is Halo Back? Expand
  92. Nov 7, 2012
    This is a wake n' bake review.

If you've forgotten or don't know about how much Halo has actually contributed to the genre, game design or multiplayer/co-op gaming, shame on you. You don't know 'bout video games. Campaign: I played the campaign straight through in Heroic yesterday and can safely say that this is not only a stellar Halo game, it's the best campaign since Halo 2. Just
    This is a wake n' bake review.

Campaign: I played the campaign straight through in Heroic yesterday and can safely say that this is not only a stellar Halo game, it's the best campaign since Halo 2. Just keep in mind it's very much the story from the chief's perspective. Spartan Ops will continue to expand and grow the events, so don't feel short changed story-wise when the credits roll. The only con is there's a limited amount of new enemies (and old for that matter). The ones that are there feel familiar but unpredictable. This is something that will be heavily criticised, but then CoD is just the same 5 guys for years now. Halo 5 needs a heavy class like the brutes. Just no **** flood.

The Rest: 343i have taken Halo and made it feel new. They took millions of fan requests and made it all work. It plays fast. The weapons have purpose. The graphics are crisp. As an amateur dev I can see every last technique in the book at work to make it eat the 360's resources. For the discerning eye it's a masterpiece in engineering for a current console.

I'm going back to play multiplayer now, but after 1 match last night i'm hooked.

I had largely quit Halo after dabbling in Reach, and have been playing CoD mostly for the last 2 years. I think CoD is better than Reach, but Halo 4 is way better than CoD.I'm not a crazy Halo fanboy, but as a lover of AAA games, I've always found it engaging and original.
  93. Dec 24, 2012
    Such an amazing game can't stress that enough, great physics, color, detail, lighting, vehicles, weapons, I could go on and on..........................................................................................................................................................
  94. Nov 8, 2012
    This game is incredible, Im a die hard halo fan and playing through this game was just amazing. The graphics and sound design are impeccable. So many people doubted 343 but they have delivered.
  95. Dec 1, 2012
    Combat - Cleanest and most balanced yet with countless ways to play effectively even online. Whatever gun loadout you choose and power up you can always be effective
    Story - Pulled me back into the Halo universe and gives you A LOT of information and story content in a short time period and if you don't know the lore and have not watched some of the content on Waypoint or the in game terminals than you might get lost pretty easily.
    Enemies - Unique combat in all game types makes it fun and on legendary forces you to be the perfect soldier
    Spartan Ops - Special mention because two reasons the first the cinematic is addicting I find myself anticipating it as much as I would my favourite TV series. However the missions can be generic.
    War games - Very well done good maps overall great new game types but I do miss big team objective.
    Forge - Very well done and can't wait to see what people can create!
  96. Nov 6, 2015
    Halo 4 is a very odd beast in that it has completely divided fans, with some proclaiming it as the best in the series thus far and others lambasting it as one of the most uninspired shooters ever made. And while both sides have valid arguments to be had, I can safely confirm that Halo 4 is neither incredible, nor abysmal - rather, it lies somewhere comfortably in the middle.

The game's

The game's main issue comes from its profound lack of originality. With the exception of ODST, every Halo game thus far has added something new to the formula, and the fourth entry is desperately needing something to call its own. Even the multiplayer seems to be borrowing heavily from similarly-themed FPS's such as Call of Duty.

Yet do these things detract from the fun? Not at all. The graphics are absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, and sound design is top-notch. As for the score, newcomer Neil Davidge unfortunately fails to deliver, but it's hard not to get swept up in the spectacle anyway.

The campaign is great, adding welcome new elements that bring a much needed layer of depth to proceedings. The piffle involving the Prometheans is predictably trite and convoluted, but the newfound humanity brought to both the Master Chief and Cortana is very clever, well-written, and surprisingly heartfelt. As for multiplayer, while the lack of originality is at its worst here, it's still an incredibly fun romp with some interesting new mechanics. Unfortunately maps fail to live up as they are relatively dull (with a few exceptions) and don't really allow for any innovation.

Overall, Halo 4 is an entertaining return for the Master Chief. While several issues still linger, none of them have a significant impact and the end result is a high-octane and occasionally moving journey through Covenant territory. Halo 5 can't come fast enough.
  97. Dec 11, 2012
    Only playing for the campaign, no time for online...
    It's a beautifully presented game. Guns are awesome. Incredible SFX.
    Gameplay is smooth, involving, flow is flawless. Not much thinking involved, no emotion. Pure reaction, exhilaration. Fine by me. The sci-fi world and story is daft, and incomprehensible next to the sleek and involving sic-fi of Binary Domain. As a videogame fan and
    Only playing for the campaign, no time for online...
    It's a beautifully presented game. Guns are awesome. Incredible SFX.
    The sci-fi world and story is daft, and incomprehensible next to the sleek and involving sic-fi of Binary Domain. As a videogame fan and Halo agnostic, I enjoyed this game a lot though.
  98. Nov 6, 2012
    Awesome game, great graphics, game play and so on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  99. Nov 7, 2012
    With 343 Industries taking over for the Halo Series after Bungie's depart, I had my doubts that the next Halo game would not be as good, especially how 343 had barely worked on any game and slowly began to emerge as a company. They proved me wrong. Halo 4 has the best graphics for videogames I've ever seen so far, the multiplayer is so much updated and improved, the storyline for Halo 4 isWith 343 Industries taking over for the Halo Series after Bungie's depart, I had my doubts that the next Halo game would not be as good, especially how 343 had barely worked on any game and slowly began to emerge as a company. They proved me wrong. Halo 4 has the best graphics for videogames I've ever seen so far, the multiplayer is so much updated and improved, the storyline for Halo 4 is intense and competing, making me anticipate more and more on what will happen next. Spartan Ops while not the best substitute for Firefight is a great gamemode to play with friends. Overall, Halo 4 has stunned me with it's amazing graphics, great storyline, improved multiplayer, and somewhat Spartan Ops. Congrats 343 Industries, and good luck with the rest of the new Halo trilogy. Expand
  100. Nov 14, 2012
    Play the game, figure it out.
    This game is worth all the pennies that make up the $60 price tag.
    Polished as hell. Very fluid controls. I'm saying this all about the game when I normally don't like the Halo series much at all since the first one. I bought this game because my friend was getting it as well, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was nothing like Halo Reach
    Play the game, figure it out.
    This game is worth all the pennies that make up the $60 price tag.
    I bought this game because my friend was getting it as well, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was nothing like Halo Reach and is great!
  101. Jan 19, 2013