Halo 4 Xbox 360

7.0

1. Nov 6, 2012
    I wasn't really sure about how good Halo 4 was going to be a t first. To be honest, I expected it to flop. But after completing the campaign on Normal, and experiencing the multiplayer for a couple of hours, I have to admit that this is one of the best Halos ever made. It may not have the longest Halo campaign, but it has one of the most emotional ones. The bits of dialogue between MasterI wasn't really sure about how good Halo 4 was going to be a t first. To be honest, I expected it to flop. But after completing the campaign on Normal, and experiencing the multiplayer for a couple of hours, I have to admit that this is one of the best Halos ever made. It may not have the longest Halo campaign, but it has one of the most emotional ones. The bits of dialogue between Master Chief and Cortana are brillaint, from the script writing to the voice acting. There's a whole bunch of new, awesome weapons which all feel and sound really great. The multiplayer feels more fast paced than the previous titles and that only does it justice. I've really enjoyed my Halo 4 experience so far and I hope that Halo 5 turns out to be just as good, if not better. Expand
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    Here we go, I'm gonna try and be as honest as I can about this. I am a Halo fan through and through. I have been playing since Halo CE. I've bought every Halo game there ever was (except Halo Wars). I was playing Halo 2 with friends at LAN parties with 4+ xboxes for hours on end. I have also been playing COD pretty extensively since COD 4 (Modern Warfare). I was tenth prestige in the firstHere we go, I'm gonna try and be as honest as I can about this. I am a Halo fan through and through. I have been playing since Halo CE. I've bought every Halo game there ever was (except Halo Wars). I was playing Halo 2 with friends at LAN parties with 4+ xboxes for hours on end. I have also been playing COD pretty extensively since COD 4 (Modern Warfare). I was tenth prestige in the first modern warfare and 7th prestige in the 2nd. Just giving my credentials in order to show that I have a pretty well formed opinion about Halo 4. Let's be honest, Halo 4 is Halo at it's core with a hefty amount of COD mechanics thrown in. Things brought to Halo 4 directly from COD: instant respawn, custom weapon loadouts, an experience and currency system wherein items are unlocked with XP, but have to be purchased with currency (taken from black ops), dynamic player joining (and no penalty for quitting), sprint as an inherent ability, "ordnance" (strike) packages (even two of them just like COD). Default controls for Halo 4 are the exact same as COD (left thumbstick click has been crouch for every single Halo except this one). The spinning UNSC banner hologram you see during loading screens is a direct copy of the loading screen in the modern warfare titles. This isn't conspiracy bullsh*t, it's blatant parallels between the games. Anyone who has played both Halo and COD will say that Halo 4 is a combination of the two, most likely to draw in players from both crowds in order to maximize profits for Microsoft. Finally (spoiler alert here) the final "boss" (bahahaha) is a supremely dissatisfying quicktime event, much like the endings of pretty much all of the call of duty games.

My problem with this? NO INNOVATION WHATSOEVER. Copied game mechanics, that's it, nothing more. So we get a compromised version of Halo, which used to be a competitive even playing field, but is now a cushy "everyone can have fun, even if you suck" title. I regret to say that I'm probably going to return (sell back to Gamestop for 1/10 the price) Halo 4, as I have no motivation to progress in it's multiplayer system, because I feel like I've played the same system 20 times over with the Call of Duty franchise.
  3. Nov 6, 2012
    The campaign seems to be a mixed bag. On one end the enemy AI is great and the difficulty is just right. On the other end there are weird QTE esque Call of Duty like segments that are slow and take me out of the game. This back-and-forth between these elements persists throughout the relatively short campaign.
    Multiplayer, like the campaign, is a mixed bag. New modes are fun, new armors
    Multiplayer, like the campaign, is a mixed bag. New modes are fun, new armors look very cool, new weapons are great, but it's all undermined by the HORRIBLE weapon spawning system. I won't even describe it but it's so **** compared to how it was in the other game.
    Visually the game looks good, not great but it's definitely nice looking.
    The music and sound effects are great as always in Halo.
  4. Nov 6, 2012
    Genearlly an average game, it does have pretty graphics and an okay story, but in the end I was dissapointed with most of the games aspects, I wasn't a fan of the story or of the multiplayer and I found that the game was lacking in some areas during the campagin, but despite these problems of course fans are going to like it, but if you're not a fan, don't buy it, a waste of time and money.
  5. Nov 6, 2012
    Hard to decide whether i'm disappointed or not with this. Great music, the menu music just blows me away. Decent storyline, nice to see the Chief speaking a lot more, but the gameplay is just the same ol' stuff. Multiplayer is where it all goes horribly wrong. People have always compared other modern fps games with call of duty and for once they would be right to do so. The multiplayerHard to decide whether i'm disappointed or not with this. Great music, the menu music just blows me away. Decent storyline, nice to see the Chief speaking a lot more, but the gameplay is just the same ol' stuff. Multiplayer is where it all goes horribly wrong. People have always compared other modern fps games with call of duty and for once they would be right to do so. The multiplayer many of us have come to know and love has been warped almost to the point of being unrecognisable. Killcams, sprint (not just a perk), customisable loadouts. This may all sound like a great advancement, and some of it arguably is (players joining in a session is a welcome bonus!) but many of the changes really do ruin the flow of gameplay and most importantly ruin everything that Bungie worked so hard on refining. I would seriously reccommend caution if you're thinking about buying this. Expand
  6. Nov 6, 2012
    You already played this.

After over ten years of halo games Halo 4 is exactly the same formula :-/ Pretty graphics, decent sounds,cool new enemies (finally). But I am very disapointed that the series hasn't envolved. Come on 343 what modern shooter doesn't zoom with all guns to aim! It needs to be faster! Also the slomo jumping got to go! Average game thanks to its dated nature
    You already played this.

After over ten years of halo games Halo 4 is exactly the same formula :-/
    Pretty graphics, decent sounds,cool new enemies (finally).
    But I am very disapointed that the series hasn't envolved.
    Come on 343 what modern shooter doesn't zoom with all guns to aim!
    It needs to be faster! Also the slomo jumping got to go!
    Average game thanks to its dated nature smh...
    Will be trading her in tomorrow.
  7. Nov 6, 2012
    The kills suck. Repetitive death animations, incredibly unsatisfying shooting. Loud noises, and pretty lights galore, but just generally not as sweet as say a game like Max Payne 3. Euphoria and Ragdoll Physics FTW! screw motion capture.!!!
  8. Aug 19, 2013
    The story is quite good, it has stellar sound and looks, character development has increased tenfold over it's predecessors, and can be challenging due to decently smart AI. A little on the short side though.

The multiplayer is somewhat derivative and hectic by Halo standards, but stellar by any other measure. (No pun intended) Verdict: Much better than Halo Reach, but this title

Verdict: Much better than Halo Reach, but this title doesn't live up match the glory days of Halo 3.
  9. Oct 24, 2013
    This game will be mostly known for a few things. First, it was the first halo game made without bungie. Second, it is considered one of the worst and one of the best by many kind. In my opinion, I hated the matchmaking. They did everything right, I truly felt as if im on the battlefield. The only problem was that it did not draw me in. Whether it was the ranking system that made noThis game will be mostly known for a few things. First, it was the first halo game made without bungie. Second, it is considered one of the worst and one of the best by many kind. In my opinion, I hated the matchmaking. They did everything right, I truly felt as if im on the battlefield. The only problem was that it did not draw me in. Whether it was the ranking system that made no sense, or just how it felt to "complicated" (everyone having their own loadouts) it truly didn't appeal to me. The campaign, on the other hand, was what I was looking forward to. The graphics are amazing and I truly enjoyed it. I just didn't like where the storyline went, and it is hard to explain why. It is a truly great game though, but in my mind, I cannot see that fully. Expand
  10. Jun 24, 2014
    I've only recently become a fan of the Halo franchise (thanks to Red vs Blue), mostly due to the fact that I'm not a big fan of FPS games in general for one reason: I do not enjoy online multiplayer. Co-op is better than competitive, but I still dislike it. One of the major reasons I played WoW for a few years was because I knew people I could play with personally, and I could solo theI've only recently become a fan of the Halo franchise (thanks to Red vs Blue), mostly due to the fact that I'm not a big fan of FPS games in general for one reason: I do not enjoy online multiplayer. Co-op is better than competitive, but I still dislike it. One of the major reasons I played WoW for a few years was because I knew people I could play with personally, and I could solo the game front to back if they weren't around. The loss of Firefight-mode with nothing to replace it that I'm willing to play and don't have to pay more money for is a fatal one, and turns a game that would otherwise be something I'd keep for a long time into one I'll be trading in. Sure, the graphics are nicer, the story is great and it was a total blast to play, I just can't really play it more, as much as I'd like to. I'm just an old fart that likes to play alone, and you just can't do that with this game without playing the campaign over and over. Expand
  11. Jul 5, 2014
    As an enormous fan of the original Halo, it's difficult to express my disappointment with how this series has been humped into mediocrity. The game-play itself is alright, nothing astounding, and the graphics are really quite impressive. My issues come from the story. I could have come up with a more compelling story with better dialogue, and that's not talking myself up as much as it'sAs an enormous fan of the original Halo, it's difficult to express my disappointment with how this series has been humped into mediocrity. The game-play itself is alright, nothing astounding, and the graphics are really quite impressive. My issues come from the story. I could have come up with a more compelling story with better dialogue, and that's not talking myself up as much as it's putting 343 Studios down. The Didact is a miserable villain, and his goons are bland / annoying along with their weapons. Bah I say. Expand
  12. Apr 27, 2015
    Halo 4's brilliant campaign, polished multiplayer and the new spartan ops makes this a good value purchase, even if it lacks a bit of innovation that Halo 3 was.
  13. Jan 1, 2013
    Firstly, can I recommend that you ignore the silly reviewers giving this game 10's and 0's? Halo 4 is deserving of neither score. Like every Halo game to date, Halo 4 is a satisfying (if familiar) FPS that makes no attempt to reinvent the genre. This time around, there is a much stronger emotional edge to the story than we have seen previously in the series with Cortana's relationship withFirstly, can I recommend that you ignore the silly reviewers giving this game 10's and 0's? Halo 4 is deserving of neither score. Like every Halo game to date, Halo 4 is a satisfying (if familiar) FPS that makes no attempt to reinvent the genre. This time around, there is a much stronger emotional edge to the story than we have seen previously in the series with Cortana's relationship with the Chief being central to the plot. The gameplay has not changed, the new enemies are slightly frustrating to fight and the multiplayer is the standard Halo experience. So in other words, 343 have not "tried to fix what isn't broken". Keep that in mind when picking this game up and you will not be disappointed. Expand
  14. Dec 2, 2012
    Distinct sense of "Meh" - the Halo storylines have become weaker and weaker since the original. The single-player campaign is of course graphically gorgeous, but boring and unmotivated as all heck. The enemy AI is seriously dumb; the one redeeming quality is the ability to play coop.
  15. Feb 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Halo 4 is a commendable effort by 343 in terms of ideas, and it has set an, albeit shaky, foundation for what is to come. However, ideas alone and saying "it's true to Halo" isn't enough anymore. Nothing stands out in a memorable way.
    The perks of Halo 4 are miniscule in contrast to it's detriments. Visually, the game looks impressive. It could be said to be the greatest looking game on the 360 to date, thanks to the lighting and art design. The sound design is also not that bad, although it lacks the punch that Reach had. The game tries to have a more compelling story, which is a commendable approach. The multiplayer is quite robust, featuring a number of playlists, and unlike Reach, it is four player split-screen online for most modes. Bringing friends is recommended. Locally, you can do some fun things, but it is not nearly as flexible as previous installments. Load-outs are actually welcome, and while the perk system is uninteresting, it does not interfere with balance all that much, surprisingly. The weapon balance is still problematic, as longer range weapons are too versatile, such as the DMR. Spartan-Op is an atrocious mode that lacks any re-playability. Honestly just play Reach if you want a co-op mode. It's only grace are the CGI scenes, which are not something you play.
    On the whole, Halo 4 is underwhelming, and shows the blatant incompetence of 343. In all honesty, the only things that work out for Halo 4 is that it has set a foundation. A foundation that, if put to it's fullest potential, could be something masterful. In it's current state, it is prone to collapse. From what has been given here, sadly, it is a mind-numbing, half-baked effort. The core of the problem is not that the game is broken, but that nothing is executed well. The set pieces are very forgettable, tacked on, and lack any atmosphere, coupled with a forgettable sound track. They are ridiculously linear and narrow, and that is a shame considering the graphical potential of the game. Unlike in Halo: CE Halo: Reach, you do not see those vast set-pieces, those fights in the sky, or anything like that. The only real interesting set-piece is shown at the beginning of the game. The missions lack any good variety. There are no stealth missions, rescue missions, or missions that soak in atmosphere. In fact, if 343 wanted to make an immersive campaign, the environments need to reflect the situation/story, not just levels. To add to this, the campaign is relatively short, which does not add to replay value in any way. 343 believes that the story should not get in the way of the shooting. Ironically, this philosophy works against them, as there is no reason to trek from point A to point B, to shoot C. To add insult to injury, the enemies are not fun to fight. There is less enemy variety, featuring only four Covenant enemies, and the Prometheans essentially replace the Flood. They are also a joke. They are not intimidating or challenging, and knights feel like giant elites that can teleport. The watchers are interesting, though. Halo, also, has never been good on tragic storytelling, and it's safe to say that this game has a story which will leave you chuckling or rolling your eyes. The story isn't just bad, it's putrid awful. I commend 343 for trying to be emotional, but there is nothing here. No inner conflict between the other characters, no tragedy, no irony, no elements which make a sad story compelling. Coupled with a short campaign, none of these elements, if they were to be included, are developed. Driving Cortana insane should have been a twist, not the focus, and it is not a bad idea. However the execution is forced and some of the dialogue is cringeworthily bad. For a "sad" story to be compelling, the audience needs to feel conflicted. The choices of the hero must be the "right thing", only to backfire and harm everyone. That is called consequence. There is none of that, minus an alien ship crashing here or there. Cortana just and screams, and fuzzes up. Also, it feels very super-hero esque, which is an unnecessary and comedic touch. The cutscenes, of course, look marvelous, but that's it. No substance, just style. 343 played it way too safe. The campaign is genuinely bad. Bland story, bland gameplay, bland ideas.
    The multiplayer is the only grace, but that is not saying much. It is much like every other modern shooter in that it has a progression system. There is not much to say. It is fun, and the scoring system is welcomed, but the map design is repetitive, as they all have structures in the middle and open fields elsewhere. Aside from the Specializations, which are neat, there is nothing interesting here. Ordnance is not necessary due to random ordnance spawn. Poor weapon balance. There are too many power weapons at any given time. Halo 4 only caters to hardcore fans at this point. Dang character limit.
  16. Jul 28, 2013
    I am a big 'Halo' fan, some people have even called me a fan-boy! In anticipation of the release of 'Halo 4' I pre-ordered a my copy of the limited edition of 'Halo 4.'

Expectations: When I first received my copy of 'Halo 4' I went in with high expectations, but this would prove a massive problem as I went in with the expectations of a 'Halo' game. Scores: Graphics: 9/10 Campaign:

Expectations:

Scores:
    Graphics: 9/10
    Campaign: 6/10
    Soundtrack: 8/10
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Multiplayer: 2/10
    Final Score: 6.4/10

Final Verdict: This game is good by the standards of a generic FPS, but 'Halo' is not just some other generic FPS it's full of epic moments in the game's campaign and full of the most enjoyable multiplayer, which still needs a good calibre of skill to do well in multiplayer. This is just some the points where 'Halo 4' falls flat sure it's graphics are great but that doesn't make a good game, the multiplayer is despicable by standards set by previous 'Halo' games. Also the soundtrack in this game may be good, but ypu will never be able to beat the original trilogy's signature soundtrack as you race into fight a scarab. Gameplay is decent but lacks that "Halo feel" the default sprinting detracts from the whole experience, the campaign also fell a bit flat after the first 2 missions.
  17. Nov 20, 2012
    Pros: Amazing Graphics Cons: Boring gameplay, Ridiculous Story The original Halo series was enjoyable to play. This feels like a chore. It is a beautiful to look at chore, but nonetheless, a chore. No joy in any aspect of it. The story feels as if it is weighed down by its own predetermined need to be easily accessible. I really can't believe the positive reviews on this?
  18. Nov 14, 2012
    I am a big Halo fan i have bought and enjoyed all of them that all had good story's and gameplay. When i got Halo 4 i was glad to see the series back to its roots with talk of the forerunners and the halo's, the campaign took me around 6-7 hours on Normal difficulty and it was really good it was a halo game as they where before though the ending is anti-climactic. You will go to manyI am a big Halo fan i have bought and enjoyed all of them that all had good story's and gameplay. When i got Halo 4 i was glad to see the series back to its roots with talk of the forerunners and the halo's, the campaign took me around 6-7 hours on Normal difficulty and it was really good it was a halo game as they where before though the ending is anti-climactic. You will go to many different locations and fight some new enemy's with new weapons, even some older guns return with upgrades, The game look grate the sound it good so if your a graphics makes the game person you will be pleased. After finishing the campaign i when online and that's where my problem came into it. Unlike previous Halo games this time they made a big change, gone are the on map weapon you needed find, this time its a class baced multiplayer. once you get to a certain level you make a class slimier to another hit FPS that comes out this time of the year. it takes a lot of its elements form the OTHER FPS and makes it feel not halo, the maps are good but with the unevenness of the classes i feel like its a drag to unlock all the weapons that the game should have at the beginning. but with that aside the co-op campaign is really good i had tons of fun playing them and with more on the way it keeps the fun for a while. So with the good story and co-op it makes the game wort a buy for a fan or just a rent for others who are interested, as i said i am a big halo fan but this installment didn't grip me much, its a good go for the new developers (343 Industry's) but ill like to see what that do for there next installment. Expand
  19. May 28, 2013
    I remember playing Reach with my friends all the time on the XBox, it was like i was glued to the screen. I must have put at least 100 hours into that game and it never got boring. Halo 4 on the other hand, whilst not a bad game per say, had me turning off my console after only a few hours of gameplay and not coming back to it for weeks. Disappointing.
  20. Jun 19, 2013
    Halo has always been one of my favorite series. I played Halo 2 when I was 4 years old, and as a 14-year old I'm completely emerged into the lore and action of the games, books, and soon to be show. Halo 3 was my all time favorite as I would spend whole days just enjoying custom games or multiplayer. Then Halo: Reach came along. While not as good as its predecessor, it provided aHalo has always been one of my favorite series. I played Halo 2 when I was 4 years old, and as a 14-year old I'm completely emerged into the lore and action of the games, books, and soon to be show. Halo 3 was my all time favorite as I would spend whole days just enjoying custom games or multiplayer. Then Halo: Reach came along. While not as good as its predecessor, it provided a compelling forge experience and brought along my favorite Halo game mode, Invasion. Then came Halo 4. Halo 4 provides a decent game experience, but does not rock the charts like 3 and Reach.

The campaign was weak, definetly the weakest part of the game. It lacked level design, a soundtrack, and story at that. I would give the campaign a solid 4.

Multiplayer was decent. The maps were OK. The weapons and ordnance ideas were actually pretty cool, but the lack of playlists is saddening. Overall, I ended up going back to Reach after a while (it had more players, what about that?) Multiplayer 6.

The graphics were outstanding and made a beautiful, rich, and enhanced game. 10

Lastly, Spartan Ops took up most of my time. I frankly enjoyed these small levels way more than the campaign. They were fun and had the whole "just kill things" mist with a side of objective. However, the lack of maps made for repetitive gameplay. Misc. 8

OVERALL (not based on averages), Halo 4 is good with a 6, but 3 or Reach is better.
  21. Aug 31, 2013
    The graphics looks beautiful, It is the best looking game on the Xbox 360. Thought I would mention that first.

However, I wasn't all that pleased with Halo 4, I've been a long time halo fan since Halo: CE. What made the games great was the cut scenes, the soundtrack, the characters and some of the most memorable levels but sadly I just felt Halo 4 did not offer any of that. I am aware 343 is basically made up of former employee's of Bungie but it just did not feel like a Halo game just because of the things I mentioned. I just felt rather bored of playing through campaign, Nothing got me jumping out of seat when something happened.

For the multiplayer, I dislike it. Mainly because I feel that 343 had an obsession of trying to compete with Call of Duty and trying to bring in a new audience. I for one dislike perks, kill-streak awards and still get awarded even if you're terrible at the game. I just wish that it had the same classic halo style multiplayer that we all love such as Halo 2 or 3 where it was fun but yet challenging at the same time!

Overall, It's not a bad game but it's not that good, Just average. Old school Halo fans will most likely feel disappointed with it
  22. Mar 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. (Minimal spoilers)

I honestly can't give this game more than a 6 for the simple reason that throughout the entire playthrough, I couldn't help but feel bored and disinterested in the characters, the plot, the chief and Cortana, or the action. Please note, this is a review of the single-player campaign only.

I've always loved the Halo series, in its prime the game was an incredible showing of what shooters could be. A combination of fun, semi-open field exploration with vehicles of all sizes, battling against untold odds. Halo Reach was a decent addition to a great series, adding important backstory to the Chief's grand adventure. Halo 4, on the other hand, adds little to the mythos of the chief, trying instead to forge a 2-dimensional relationship between the him and the AI Cortana.

The gameplay felt tedius at times, where I'd often think to myself 'oh great, yet another section of the game that I don't want to complete', and I'd force myself through it because I'm that kind of gamer. That is, hopeful, wishing for this game to pick up the pace and throw some interesting combat at me. Instead, it was rehash after rehash, with repetitive enemy battles throughout. They basically introduce the principle enemies at you near the beginning of the game, and they recycle the same ones over and over and over again.

As for the story, I still don't know what the hell happened. I'm no slouch when it comes to picking up on complex philosophical implications, but this story was way over my head. Who was the principle enemy? Why do I care? What's his motive for destroying humanity if humanity poses little to no threat to the galaxy? Why does human technology integrate so easily into theirs? This is basically how it goes: Chief wakes up from slumber, **** going down, somehow through the expanse of space he meets up with a human ship, they run into a giant mechanical planet thing, chief **** **** up, casualties of war happen, the chief blows a nuke and doesn't die, humanity wins and the chief loses.

The one part of the game that kept me engaged was the visuals. I have to hand it to 343, they made a handsome looking game. The fidelity was sharp and the colors bright and vibrant. The enemies were well designed and the worlds felt real. While running through space stations you felt like you were there. The sound design was also top notch, with an excellent musical track to carry through the otherwise sleepy and predictable storyline.

I bought it used for $15 on amazon. Personally the game didn't resonate with me, but it was worth what I'd paid for it. I don't think I would recommend this game to my friends, so I wouldn't recommend it to you. If you don't mind the lack of a story and gameplay that has regressed from its prior glory in order to play as the chief again, go for it. If you care about progress in gaming, leave this one on the rack.
  23. Mar 28, 2013
    Halo 4 is just another Halo out there, not much has changed from any of the others apart from updated graphics. I’m quite disappointed with 343 industries they need to step up and make it better game play. Not just updating the graphics then throwing it out there into the market, they need to make something original to draw us back into playing Halo. Don’t get me wrong I think that Halo 4Halo 4 is just another Halo out there, not much has changed from any of the others apart from updated graphics. I’m quite disappointed with 343 industries they need to step up and make it better game play. Not just updating the graphics then throwing it out there into the market, they need to make something original to draw us back into playing Halo. Don’t get me wrong I think that Halo 4 is okay to play but it is certainly nothing special in the gaming industry. I rember playing the old classic Halo and not alot has changed looking back to it. Halo 4 would be for people in their teenage lives such as people at college and universities. I would like it if 343 industries would make more new content into the game which will bring over the serious gamers from Call of duty and other well known games. So that more people will play it and so that I could have a challenge on there! I would rate the game of around 6.5 out of 10. Expand
  24. Feb 3, 2013
    tldr: single player good. Multiplayer bad. I really wanted to like this game, I love the story but the multiplayer is awful. The spartan ops an extenuation that lets your spartan be a part of the greater Halo story is great! However, the true multiplayer or pvp is just awful. The maps are too small and are horribly unbalanced. Bungie did a much better job with multiplayer, whereas 343tldr: single player good. Multiplayer bad. I really wanted to like this game, I love the story but the multiplayer is awful. The spartan ops an extenuation that lets your spartan be a part of the greater Halo story is great! However, the true multiplayer or pvp is just awful. The maps are too small and are horribly unbalanced. Bungie did a much better job with multiplayer, whereas 343 did better with the overall story. Expand
  25. Jan 5, 2013
    343 has done a fine job with this title,adding a great deal of polish,but little more.It's still just Halo.Nothing more,nothing less.At least it's not a yearly title yet.
  26. Nov 11, 2012
    PROS:
    - Good graphics in general. Old armor and weapon designs have been revamped, some nice environment set pieces.
    - The Halo gameplay we know and love is back, with a few tweaks here and there. - Multiplayer is fun, with some nice updates to familiar modes. - Good sound effects. - Some very impressive cutscenes. CONS: -The gameplay is Halo by the numbers. Not much in the way of
    PROS:
    - The Halo gameplay we know and love is back, with a few tweaks here and there.
    - Multiplayer is fun, with some nice updates to familiar modes.
    - Good sound effects.
    - Some very impressive cutscenes.

CONS:
    -The gameplay is Halo by the numbers. Not much in the way of innovation or brand new features, just the same old package wrapped in a shinier skin.
    - Bland missions, mostly consisting of Chief running back and forth doing various menial tasks. Not much in the way of pacing.
    - Art direction is typical sci-fi flair, nothing we haven't seen before. The forerunner planet didn't strike any awe or sense of exploration in me, which was disappointing.
    - There is alot of unexplained backstory. The game throws you right into it. Which is fine for Halo diehards, but completely unforgiving to newcomers.
    - There's an admirable attempt to humanize Master Chief and make him a more serious character. Nice try, but the character is little more than a walking tank that shoots aliens. Always has been, always will be. They pretty much wrote him into a corner by throwing a helmet over his face. - The character of Cortana annoys me to no end. The generic "sexy" voice that grated on me in the previous games is now front and center. She simply won't shut up. If you're going to use her so prominently, ditch this voice actress and hire someone whose voice has a little more character and imperfection.
    - Forgettable musical score. It's amazing how much O'Donnell's work added to the old games, and his presence is sorely missed here.

SUMMARY:
    A by the books Halo wrapped in a shinier package. This series is in dire need of evolution or it will become another Call of Duty.
  27. Nov 7, 2012
    I'm a fan of the halo series loved it to bits, however i feel that halo 4 is trying to be like cod there is nothing wrong with this but i loved halo because it was something different, something fun and engaging when you wanted to get away from cod. Visually its amazing, however its not as immersive as the other games in the halo series. I find the game play stale. there is a lack of mapsI'm a fan of the halo series loved it to bits, however i feel that halo 4 is trying to be like cod there is nothing wrong with this but i loved halo because it was something different, something fun and engaging when you wanted to get away from cod. Visually its amazing, however its not as immersive as the other games in the halo series. I find the game play stale. there is a lack of maps and game variety that the other games had the same maps get played over and over. For all these reasons i give halo 4 a 6.8 / 10. Expand
  28. Mar 23, 2014
    -1 for non-existent custom game matches
    -1 for a lack of detail to the Forge mode
    -1 for a horrible Flood design and limitations to the Flood mode (Flood can't use weapons)
    -1 for obvious attempt to copy CoD

It's not bad.. but it just seem like the Developers did not put their heart AND soul into their game..
  29. Aug 5, 2013
    Halo 4, to start off with, looks amazing. It has, by far, some of the greatest graphics of all time, breaking the boundaries of human likeness. Even the in-game graphics look spectacular, feeling like cutscenes that never end. The gameplay is also really good; I really enjoyed the new helmet perspective that, like the graphics, really developed the atmosphere and world around me. TheHalo 4, to start off with, looks amazing. It has, by far, some of the greatest graphics of all time, breaking the boundaries of human likeness. Even the in-game graphics look spectacular, feeling like cutscenes that never end. The gameplay is also really good; I really enjoyed the new helmet perspective that, like the graphics, really developed the atmosphere and world around me. The weapons weren't too overpowered, no-one had too much of an advantage and the multiplayer was a really fun experience, however, these were the only good prospects. Halo 4's campaign was just boring, basically just playing out as cutscene, rush of monsters, cutscene, rush of monsters. Because of this the story just wasn't engaging, and I spent most of my time killing the same things over and over again. The multiplayer mode was really unfair thanks to the new random-spawning, with people spawning right in the centre of an enemy base. Overall, Halo 4 was really disappointing thanks to the hype brought up by Microsoft, and it didn't live up to the expectations Halo 3 and Halo Reach brought to the table. The graphics and gameplay are the only things that rescued this game from an under-5 score and I really hope the next Halo game does a lot better. Expand
  30. Sep 9, 2013
    I have been a long time Halo fan and when I heard this was announced I was very eager to play it. Since it was made by a different developer, I was very skeptical. When I first played it I noticed a few things. The new sounds were excellent especially the weapons. The visuals were great as well. The downside is it did not feel right. Especially in the last mission where it puts you on aI have been a long time Halo fan and when I heard this was announced I was very eager to play it. Since it was made by a different developer, I was very skeptical. When I first played it I noticed a few things. The new sounds were excellent especially the weapons. The visuals were great as well. The downside is it did not feel right. Especially in the last mission where it puts you on a rail system like in an arcade-shooter. The story just fell a little short. The multiplier is fun, but the story needed more attention. The menu though! Awful could not stand it. Expand
  31. Nov 9, 2012