6.9

1. Nov 7, 2012
    The game does nothing "new". But as per most Halo games, everything it does do, it does really well. I have had a blast on multiplayer, - however the lack of "co-op campaign" play lists (IE campaign with randoms) and a lack of firefight mode is a shame. Map size in multiplayer is excellent, especially when you consider the size of some of the levels in the recent COD games. This does not feel like shooting fish in a barrel.

Graphics are lovely (for current generation console level). Sound is very nice and the story seems to be moving allong nicely. (i have not played it all the way yet).
  2. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 Multiplayer mixes the best elements of Call of Duty Modern Warfare with the best elements of Halo. These elements like loadout customization joinable online matches, and kill cams are just plain great. I got home from work popped the game in installed the multiplayer and then was able to hop right into a game with my brothers who were already playing a match. Granted someone had to leave before i could join, but they did and I replaced them without having to sit there waiting for their match to be over because the teams were uneven. Weapons are generally more powerful allowing for more frequent deaths but that takes little away from the "Halo" experience it still takes a fair amount of skill to shoot someone in the face several times. Once I got used to the slightly modified (for sprinting) controls I was back in my element and the Halo universe has never looked or sounded better. Since all the weapons are more powerful even my Assault rifle loving friends were having a great time. Like all other halo games we had zero problems connecting and little lag in any of our numerous matches. Expand
  3. Nov 6, 2012
    This is the greatest halo ever. I havent been this excited since halo 2. Graphics are hugely improved. Campaign is probally easily the best . Multiplayer is the heart and soul of halo and games like Cod, so how is it. Golden, even though im not a big fan with the armor abalities but i like the sprinting that makes it fast paced. There is no armor lock which everyone absolutely hated,including me. There so manny weapns then the usual couple. Also dont trust this bull crap zero rating reviews this game has only been out for a day and this idiots probally dont even have the game or even though anything. Dont trust the 4.9 user score. Its a bunch of no life idiots who dont even have this game. Anyway if you love halo defently get this if your not sure rent or something and try it out. 10/10 for halo lovers. 9.6/10 for newbies. Expand
  4. Nov 6, 2012
    All I have to say is that this game is amazing and it is alot better then I thought it would be. The campaign/story, graphics, sound FX, music and multiplayer are all great and well done. At first it took some time to get used to with the new story and all, but once you start playing through and actually focus more on the story instead of just playing through it, it is really deep. It also gets even deeper if you unlock the terminals for Halo waypoint. Multiplayer is blast! I loved Halo Reach but I was slightly disappointed in Halo Reaches multiplayer. Though Halo Reaches multiplayer was going the right direction, I just felt that it just didn't nail it. But IMHO, I believe Halo 4 nailed it, at least way closer the Halo Reach did. All I can say is, this game looks and feels like Halo. One last thing. Don't be discouraged about a lot of the negative ratings. Most of them are PS3 and COD fan boys who just want to see this game fail. Also a lot of them are just trolling just to get attention or they think its absolutely funny. How do I know, because I know a several of them lol! Expand
  5. Nov 6, 2012
    To put it simply, this game is a masterpiece. 343 industries did an amazing job in the four years it took them to create this game from scratch. I would recommend Halo 4 to anyone who loves a rich, immersive, emotional story accompanied with amazing, jaw-dropping visuals.. If you do not have an xbox, I would highly recommend you go out and buy one, for this game is a must own in my opinion.
  6. Nov 6, 2012
    This game was worth every penny. The greatest graphics i have seen, and a very fun campaign. My only complaint with the campaign was that the story was a little unclear, and it was sometimes not very apparent what the purpose of the current mission was. I think a lot of detailed content that was taken from books were over a lot of the players heads in game. The level design was very fun and interesting, but it didnt have the EPIC feel that CE and 3 had. As for the multiplayer, I think they tried too much to take from COD. im sure 343 looked at the list of the biggest money makers and tried to move in that direction. Things that were unnecessary would be kill cams, gun camos and even maybe sprint. Im still on the fence. But, its not even 12 hours from the release.. so it is still too soon to really say. also, quickly, the stickies do basically nothing, are too small and never seem to hit the target. same for frags. and for the love of god, the SAW needs to be nerfed A$AP Expand
  7. Nov 6, 2012
    I don't understand why this game is getting bad reviews. Maybe they just all **** suck at this game. I'm playing this **** just fine I don't see anything wrong with it, besides the fact that I don't have my Mark VI armor yet even though I beat legendary solo campaign.
  8. Nov 6, 2012
    Beautiful scenery, great additions to the weapons, HUD, Multi-player, story line, even the menu layout is beautiful. master chief keeps his worldly renowned master chiefness. the new story is intriguing and fresh. Multi-player takes a bit to get used to but its well worth it.. i give the game a 9 and not a 10 only because there is no SWAT which they BETTER! fix and because i do not like how the controller is setup, if they could have at least made a extra choice for the layout where RB is sprint B is melee and L-Click is STILL crouch i would have no complaints other than that amazing game. Well done 343. Expand
  9. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 is amazing!!!! Best graphics, sound, gameplay, action, and multiplayer in the series. The campaign is amazing and pulls you into the game. New worlds and beautiful environments make you want to play more! Forge, war games, campaign, and spartan ops allow hours and hours of fresh experiences and endless gameplay ! Congratulations to 343 Industries!
  10. Nov 6, 2012
    GOTY material, 343 really did a great job with Halo 4. This installment is amazing, the visuals, the story, the sounds, and gameplay, I found myself just sitting in the menu listening to the theme song, staring out at beautifully crafted structures, and running out of ammo frequently, aswell as forget theres a meal on the table because of this. *The Campaign is great with cut-scenes that will leave you wondering if they were live-action. I loved the focus on Master Chief's and Cortana's relationship, and yes it does get emotional at times and i dont think theres anything wrong with that. Overall single player is 8/10 in my book.

*Multiplayer, Halo 4's multiplayer is simply amazing. It keeps it old school but adds new elements to spice it up like, sprint being cemented into the game, instead on scoping out you now flinch when shot, instant respawns which increases the intensity of the game and it is greatly noticeable, and many other new aspects. Sometimes old is better than new so when i heard that Halo 4 would be bringing back a 1-50 rank post-launch i got even more excited as it brought back great memories of H2, if they in fact release this soon it would bring back what halo fans desire the most. I can honestly say that Halo 4 is the best FPS multiplayer i have ever played and experienced, beating MW3, BF3, BO, H3, Reach and MoH. This is where Halo shines, arena-style multiplayer at its best...13/10. I'll be playing Halo 4 until the foreseeable future...well depends how good BO2 is but I cant see myself putting Halo 4 down either way.
  11. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo four has amazing graphics, a great campaign mode, and the new multiplayer modes are fantastic, 343 industries did a fantastic job on this game 10/10 Game of the Year worthy.

The graphics look like CGI and the CGI looks like real life.
  12. Nov 7, 2012
    This game is great! I was a little worried about the direction in which multiplayer was going because it reminded me a bit of other non Halo shooters that were very unbalanced. However after playing the game for a good deal of time I Iearned to love the multiplayer. 343 did a great job balancing something which would seems like it could be so easily poorly developed. I would recommend this game to most Halo fans(except those not willing to accept any innovation in the series). I've been playing Halo since 2002 and I must say that I havn't had so much fun playing Halo since Halo 2! Expand
  13. Nov 7, 2012
    Quite simply one of the best experiences I've ever had with a game. Halo 4's Graphics are mind-boggingly good. It actually made me Wonder how they did it! Sound is also stellar - With Rich, strong sound effects (With the exception of the Warthog, which sounds like a lawnmower).
    But what really takes this ten notches above any Halo game is the voice acting, script and cut-scene integration
    into the game. 343 Industries - you rock! Can't wait for Halo 5! :D Expand
  14. Nov 7, 2012
    The game is still a masterpiece !!!! Visually maybe the best game for an old gen console like Xbox 360 ( not unlike the new Xbox Next, but..still alive and kicking ) . High quality sounds, excellent A.I, jawdropping lightning effects, a lot of haters to kill , awesome storytelling if compared to kilozone and resiflop. Congrats to "new Bungie" aka 343 Industries !!!!
  15. Nov 7, 2012
    Idk what everyone is complaining and lying about. Best halo by far in the series. Everything from multiplayer to campaign is perfect. Graphics A+ as well as design.
  16. Nov 7, 2012
    I have been playing Halo for years and have always enjoyed all aspects of Halo; story, multiplayer, forge, firefight, everything. Bungie may not be the one making Halo games anymore, but the franchise is in good hands. This game really feels like a Halo game but its visuals, weapons, and vehicles are all updated, especially with regards to sound. The story was enjoyable, although it is best to read the books and watch Forward Unto Dawn first. If you don't have the patience, reading a synopsis online will make it much easier to understand. I've always played campaign on Heroic to start out and had no trouble with Halo 4, although I did play smartly, so take that with a grain of salt. Not the longest campaign ever, but I'm really excited for more Spartan Ops and I can't wait to dig in more to multiplayer. Expand
  17. Nov 7, 2012
    It's a game, and i enjoyed it from beginning to end. I missed the music by O'donnell though. But this is more than compensated for the amazing graphics and challenging gameplay. Loved it
  18. Nov 7, 2012
    in my opinion this is the best halo game ever made, i wondering why the players have given so bad score for this epic games, and i have a conclusion, most part of this guys are haters or they just didnt like the changes of the multiplayer because made the game more similar with COD series.
    finally, the game have awesome graphics, the best plot, and a very good multiplayer.
  19. Nov 7, 2012
    Quite possibly one of the best FPS I have played on 360 for a while now. It honestly disgusts me how many people complain about this game because they're COD or PS3 fanboys or they just want Halo to be as repetitive as COD, but I am glad that Halo is evolving. Also, at least 343 tried new things with Halo 4 instead of just trying to recreate a traditional Bungie Halo experience. With Halo: CE, 343 merely had to revamp the graphics. From the moment they announced Halo 4 at E3 2011, it was abundantly clear that it was going to be a brand new take on an epic series; therefore, anybody who got Halo 4 expecting it to be almost exactly like Halo: CE, 2 & 3 should have known that they'd be disappointed. I am extremely satisfied with Halo 4 and cannot wait to see what 343 will deliver with Halo 5 & 6. Long live Master Chief! Expand
  20. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 is a stunning game. I dont need to go into much detail because I'm sure you already know all about it. A lot of trolls on this site and thats a real shame. This gem shouldnt be missed by anyone and I just hope people arent put off by the current user score. 5.5? No f'ing way. This is in every way a true Halo game and deserving of as much praise as all the previous entries in the series have received. A must buy for any fps fan. Go get it... Expand
  21. Nov 7, 2012
    i bought this game played campagn i loved it i tried the multyplayer i loved it . it was great . a little hard but fun .i played it with my cousin . he loved it
  22. Nov 7, 2012
    Stop trolling this awesome game you 13 year old tweenie twilight loving little queers. Just because you can't understand a story and suck at multiplayer doesn't mean the game is bad. Tell you what take the game back to gamestop and trade it towards black ops 2 so your parents don't have to buy you another full price game.
  23. Nov 7, 2012
    I have been playing halo since Combat Evolved came out for the original Xbox. I have seen the evolution of the series and all I can say is I am truly impressed. 343 industries took the mantle and most definitely ran with it. In my opinion Halo 4 is without a doubt one of the best in the series. The campaign has you at the edge of your seat the ENTIRE time as you move from level to level. Spartan ops is hella fun to play with your friends and it's a cool little side story following in the eyes of a Spartan-IV in Crimson squad. Finally the multiplayer is second to none. Best in the series! I have to admit it takes a few games to get the hang of it, and I would say there's a slight learning curve to learn the new "feel" of it, but now I am having a lot of fun with it and it keeps me coming back. Don't listen to all these trollers on here (which is a damn shame btw), but rather pick up the game, rent it, do what ever you do, and form an opinion out of it for yourself. Halo 4 is a masterpiece, and I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. I am personally giving Halo 4 a 10 out of 10 because it deserves it. Job WELL done 343! You have MY support. Expand
  24. Nov 7, 2012
    amazing. The best HALO ever made. I wonder wgy people are complaing for inovation. The game is beatiful, the art is superb, the gameplay is great as always and the graphics are amazing!
  25. Nov 7, 2012
    I had very high expectations for this game and those expectations successfully met. This is the best FPS I have played in years! I very much recommend this game to everyone.
  26. Nov 7, 2012
    This is literally the best Halo game ever created. it has been updated in every way. It has none of the weaknesses of previous title, but retains all the strengths of the previous iterations. The gameplay is still the same formula, but has been added to with perks, streak rewards, instant replay cams and better balance by making each perk/armor ability/tactical ability badass. This game will be well received for sure and will be in mlg for many years to come. 343 finally got the Halo formula down for this current generation of gamers. Don't get me wrong. If you are not twitchy and are not capable of using both analog sticks quickly and cohesively, then none of the Halo's are for you. If your more of a camper and need a hardcore mode with tons of aim assist, then you should stay on Modern Warfare 3...........but if you like arena shooters and you love more of a pure twitchy gun play that leads to awesome firefights, then you will be in heaven. I usually do not post on metacritic, but seeing how people gave this game negative feedback while it is a quintessential perfect game caused me to have to set up this account just to let people know how trully great this game really is. If you liked any previous Halo games, then you will love this game. If you dislike all previous Halo games then you will not like this Halo game. All in all the graphics, sound, and gameplay are the best I have ever played. I have been gaming for 30 years straight so do not take my review lightly. Any person that hates this game is just a hater period. All real gamers will really appreciate every little nuance that went in to this game. 343 really has done a special thing with this franchise. I hope they keep on improving the formula with every new Halo because I am in love with Halo 4. =) Expand
  27. Nov 7, 2012
    343 Industries, I thought you would ruin the magic of the halo series but you DIDN'T! Halo has easily been my favourite series in games of all time, i'm usually very rough on games but I was blown away by the awesome effects, the prometheans (new enemies), gun sound effects, STORYYY!!! and a lot more. I hope you bring this magic to Halo 5 and 6. THANK YOU 343!!!
  28. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 is a special game. It's an evolution in story, gameplay, and art for sure, but it's also the first time a major entry in the Halo series that wasn't mad by it's original creators: Bungie.

343 Industries goes above and beyond in the 4th installment of the acclaimed Halo series. They took a game that millions of people hold close to their hearts and breathed new life into it.

--Story--
    Halo 4's story picks up 4 years after Halo 3 left off with Chief and Cortana floating aimlessly though space. To avoid any spoilers I'll simply say that Halo 4 is the most emotional entry in the series and I found myself crying at the end.

--Gameplay--
    The classic Halo gameplay has been reiterated on and improved big time. With a slew of new sandbox weapons and vehicles this makes for the most diverse Halo game ever. The new pace set by the improved controls and mechanics makes this one of the most thrilling first person shooters ever.

--Sound & Music--
    The sound design in Halo 4 is absolutely beautiful. All the weapons sound punchy and when you hear Master Chief walk his armor clings and clangs. Paired with a beautiful new soundtrack that feels like a natural evolution of the music it completely immerses you in the experience.

--Graphics--
    Halo 4 is easily the best looking game on the Xbox 360. Not just the hi resolution textures an incredible lighting system, but the overall art direction makes this one of the most beautiful games on any platform ever.

--Multiplayer--
    The multiplayer in Halo 4 (now called War Games) is an exciting fast pace experience that pools together the best features of all the games in the series and builds upon them to make one of the best multiplayer shooters seen this generation. The game feels akin to the Halo 2/3 era of the series while embracing a new class and progression system that let's you play how you want to without having a big impact on the balance of the game (something Halo is known for). Halo 4 also has overhauled versions of classic gametypes like Oddball and CTF. These evolutions of the gametypes make them refreshing to play and encourages strong teamwork. This may be the best halo multiplayer to date, but that remains to be seen.

--Bottom Line--
    Halo 4 is a beautiful game that is a must for every Halo fan. As for everyone else, it provides one of the biggest and most expansive story and multiplayer evolutions of this generation. This looks to be one of the best games ever released on the Xbox 360, and anyone who makes the decision not to pick it up will be missing out.
  29. Nov 7, 2012
    This is right up there with all of the Halo's. Not perfect but for what 343 was given to work with (10 year old tech) these guys clearly pushed the limits and at the same time stayed true to the franchise. Multiplayer, Spartan Ops, Waypoint all kick ass. The campaign was the only thing lacking a little in my mind. The art is just sick. The environments, characters everything. They killed it. Not to mentioned all the extra bits like FUD etc. Got me really excited about Halo for the first time since the OG. Thank you 343 and better yet Microsoft for not messing this up like so many thought you would! Can't wait to play more Spartan Ops! Expand
  30. Nov 7, 2012
    I think 343 nailed it perfectly. If it deviated from the halo franchise any further and they tried to push more innovation it may have upset fans. Likewise, If it was any less it would not have been a competitive title. With that said, I think this is a good basis to start. I have high expectations for the rest of this series. At heart I am a PC gamer but I always look for reason to power up my consoles and this game reminded me why I got an xbox in the first place. Anyways just look the score distribution... either you'll love it or hate it... not many people were in between Expand

1. Dec 17, 2012