7.0

1. Nov 7, 2012
    The games stunning visuals and amazing sound effects along with the compelling story really does bring back that amazing feeling that playing as the Chief in Halo 3 had. The game continues the story wonderfully and creates a stronger bond between Cortana and Chief than ever before. Halo is back, and it's better than ever!
  2. Nov 7, 2012
    Incredible game. It's a shame such an obvious smear campaign is marring a great game's review. The value of this game is amazing. The story is more involved and the cinematics are Hollywood quality. 343 do please keep up the phenomenal work.
  3. Nov 7, 2012
    343 industries has taken all the best of the Bungie installments (especially Reach), built one of the finest console engines from scratch, recorded perfect audio, re-balanced every weapon, spliced multiplayer with a little of COD4, and has put Master Chief in new, different situations. This new dedicated studio has only enriched this franchise's pedigree after leaving its mother developer.
  4. Nov 7, 2012
    While the story started dull and kinda fast i kept playing and then... I understood that this was one of the best halo games yet IMO.
    It has addicting multiplayer matchmaking, good storyline (also kinda fast)
    it's graphics are top-notch.
    Halo has surprised me yet again!
  5. Nov 7, 2012
    halo 4....... were to begin. well lets start with the obvious the graphics and sound are definatley the best on xbox 360 so far. it all just looks so smooth and crisp. and the sound of the weapons is a lot more meaty and hard hitting. also the musical score is fantastic. now too gameplay. oh boy was i smiling like the cheshire cat as soon as halo 4 started up and master chief came out ofhalo 4....... were to begin. well lets start with the obvious the graphics and sound are definatley the best on xbox 360 so far. it all just looks so smooth and crisp. and the sound of the weapons is a lot more meaty and hard hitting. also the musical score is fantastic. now too gameplay. oh boy was i smiling like the cheshire cat as soon as halo 4 started up and master chief came out of his cryosleep thingy. then bam straight into the action, killing elites and grunts and climbing exploding walls. very thrilling stuff. . im not going to spoil the story 4 u readers, but i will say it is very gripping and i found myself wanting to play more and more. now to the meat and veg imo. the multiplayer, and i can say 343i does not dissapoint. so damn addictive its like crack. and it plays alot better than halo 3 or reach ever did. nice tight controls make the expieriance just so much fun. please dont listen to anyone bashing this game they must have been high on meth or pcp. a must own for halo fans and fps fans in general. NOW GO GET SOME SPARTANS!!!!!! Expand
  6. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 is a game changer, and every games developer in the world should fear it for having raised the bar so very, very high.

The campaign was a little short with just 8 missions, but they're all hard to fault. My only gripe otherwise is that the objectives did get a bit samey, but this didn't matter because the fights certainly didn't. The AI is fantastic and the art direction is immersive, Halo 4 has ridiculous replay value. To add to that of course there's Spartan Ops, which taken on its own from what 343i have promised makes the game easily worth the price tag. In fact overall the storyline will be incredibly long.

The graphics as everyone (credible) has said are in a league of their own for console gaming; especially compared to other 360 titles. This is great simply because you can appreciate the backdrops and environments of Requiem in even more glory - and some other probably-even-more-cool places too. The other technical aspect to the game, the sound, is equally brilliant. The sound effects are second to none and the music score as you might expect is great.

Being a Halo game you can't ignore the multiplayer. As a serious Halo player since CE, and XBL user since H2 days, I know the games well and can give a reasonably informed comparison. In short, I love it. One could gripe that a couple of things feel taken from CoD, such as loadouts and instant respawn, and of course the death cam, but this still feels like Halo. It's pretty much the multiplayer Bungie would have tried to go for as a sequel to H3 if they'd been bothered, but of course by that point they weren't and us fans were left with the festering heap of garbage that was Reach multiplayer - until it was slightly redeemed by a title update done by 343i, no less. Anyway the multiplayer is great and accounts for every type of player - those who like to have fun and those who like to compete. The matchmaking system itself is crazily intuitive and beautifully polished, it just feels...finished.

I don't really have a bad thing to say about this game yet. It well and truly deserves to go down as the best FPS on the Xbox 360, if not 'new generation' consoles. What I don't like to see is a bunch of people bashing it cos they don't like sci-fi, or bought a PS3 instead of an Xbox. That's not right and it's putting the review system off. Ignore the user score, as you can see everyone who actually owns this game has said how amazing it is and rated highly. Somehow there's almost 400 negative reviews, but every single one of them appears to be from someone who doesn't own Halo 4 - boy will they eat their words when they play it.
  7. Nov 7, 2012
    This is exactly what the series needed, huge improvements in all areas especially online.
    This is a breath of fresh life for the series that I hope continues.
  8. Nov 7, 2012
    I wanna say I am abit disgusted with a few revies I have read. If you all admit this game has amazing graphics, good sound and a short, decent story, than how are you giving 1 or 0 reviews. this is a one to ten scale. for that reason, even though i really belive this game dererves a 8 or nine, I am giving it a ten to help counteract ur whiny fan boy bull **** 343 put alot of effort intoI wanna say I am abit disgusted with a few revies I have read. If you all admit this game has amazing graphics, good sound and a short, decent story, than how are you giving 1 or 0 reviews. this is a one to ten scale. for that reason, even though i really belive this game dererves a 8 or nine, I am giving it a ten to help counteract ur whiny fan boy bull **** 343 put alot of effort into this game. It looks, sounds and in general is awsome. Yes, I agree the campaign is way to short and I wish they didnt make the mutiplayer alot like cod. But otherwise this is a stellar first ame by 343 and I commend their efforts to bring me what I have dreamed of since I was a kid. The chance to fight the forerunners to see who truly rocks the galaxy. So thanks 343. I hoe that you continue to improve for sure, but I still loved this game. Expand
  9. Nov 7, 2012
    The Halo series returns with a lot of new and a lot of old. Be prepared for sandbox firefight shenanigans all over again. Newbies are filled in one the experience straight up luckily, but only loosely because this is a brand new trilogy. The Master Chief returns along with his AI companion Cortana in their most thought out adventure yet. The duo first crash land into a Forerunner planet,The Halo series returns with a lot of new and a lot of old. Be prepared for sandbox firefight shenanigans all over again. Newbies are filled in one the experience straight up luckily, but only loosely because this is a brand new trilogy. The Master Chief returns along with his AI companion Cortana in their most thought out adventure yet. The duo first crash land into a Forerunner planet, Requiem after the Chief is woken up from Cryo but Cortana is descending into rampancy, a process where AI Expand
  10. Nov 7, 2012
    awesome game. great graphics, smooth and fast gunplay, amazing sound effects, good story, and addictive multiplayer. what more is there to say? people will always complain about something in games. but let me assure you that there is nothing wrong with Halo 4. if you like firt-person shooters with a little bit of challenge, you'll like this game
  11. Nov 7, 2012
    This game was nothing short of amazing. Musical score, graphics, weapons, story, characters, voice acting, facial animations, sound design, level and map design, enemy AI, vehicles...oh God EVERYTHING in this game is BEYOND excellent!! I had a fantastic time playing through the campaign...which is a VERY emotional story! I was left awed by the realistic CGI, and the theatrical quality ofThis game was nothing short of amazing. Musical score, graphics, weapons, story, characters, voice acting, facial animations, sound design, level and map design, enemy AI, vehicles...oh God EVERYTHING in this game is BEYOND excellent!! I had a fantastic time playing through the campaign...which is a VERY emotional story! I was left awed by the realistic CGI, and the theatrical quality of the scenes and dialogue. Halo 4 is the BEST installment in the series, and is by far the BEST console exclusive this year...if not for the past few years!! No game can compare to this game. Not even close. I'm STOKED for Halo 5!! If you don't own an Xbox 360....now is the time to get one :p Expand
  12. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 presents the most polished and engaging Halo to date. 343 took Halo's core and added vulnerability. Master Chief has never been so humanized, and it makes for fantastic cut scenes. Not only is the story the best of the series, but the boring Covenant aren't the main enemy anymore. The new Promethean Knight is every bit as vicious as the Elite, but varies in its combat methods.Halo 4 presents the most polished and engaging Halo to date. 343 took Halo's core and added vulnerability. Master Chief has never been so humanized, and it makes for fantastic cut scenes. Not only is the story the best of the series, but the boring Covenant aren't the main enemy anymore. The new Promethean Knight is every bit as vicious as the Elite, but varies in its combat methods. Many times I was surprised by how I was wailed on by these very formidable opponents. I can go on and on about how great this game is. But to sum it all up, I've been playing Halo since the beginning. Every game has been fun and worthwhile, but none of the games invoked the emotion and investment Halo 4 has out of me. Add a splendidly varied campaign in terms of encounters and vehicle play to the mix, more than even Reach. I loved the story, and it's only getting better with the promised 5th & 6th games. Composer Neil Davidge also brought the score of Halo to a new high. The sounds and music of Halo 4 are phenomenal. Best game of the series. 343 have set their own bar, and to surpass it would be to make perhaps the greatest game ever. Expand
  13. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 is by all accounts an exceptional game. 343 Industries first internally developed Halo game impresses on pretty much every front. From high quality production values, to a buttery smooth framerate 99.999% of the time, to the best graphics the series has ever seen, to a more interesting story between Chief and Cortana, etc. Halo 4 is Halo at its best.

Firstly, Halo 4 plays like a

Firstly, Halo 4 plays like a dream. Similar to previous Halo's, gun combat is very satisfying, but now it's more visceral and impactful than ever before. If anyone says this is Call of Duty, that's hogwash. Other than the inclusion of sprinting, this very much feels like Halo, just improved and more polished than ever. The action is much more buttery smooth than Reach was, which makes playing a complete pleasure.

Secondly, the graphics are a massive upgrade from previous Halo's. Previous Halo's lacked quite a bit when it came to character models and animations, but Halo 4 has some of the best looking character models and animations in all of gaming. It's shocking just how much of a leap these two things are from the Halo's that came before it. Going from Halo 3 to Halo 4 shows almost a full generational leap in things like lighting, character models, and animations. In addition, Halo 4 runs in native 720p resolution, which is a first for the Halo franchise, as Halo 3, ODST, and Reach all ran at upscaled 720p. To get that full native 720p resolution, Halo 4 is locked at 30 frames-per-second, and it's a wise choice. Unlike Reach, which had a framerate that varied wildly at times, Halo 4 is pretty much consistent and performs beautifully, even when under pressure from a lot of on-screen action. 343 Industries should be commended for such a technological feat as their first project. It's very impressive.

Thirdly, the story's actually incredibly compelling. While some things aren't always crystal clear, it's mostly smooth and cohesive the majority of the time. The relationship between Master Chief and Cortana will hook you from the beginning of the game and until you reach the credits at the finale. Halo 4 is a tightly knit production that offers excellence in story, visual quality, and sound quality. It's truly a masterful game from a first time studio.

As someone who has enjoyed the other Halo games this generation, I didn't fall in love with them, so it's shocking to me that Halo 4 has hit the nail on the head in pretty much everything it set out to do. Halo 4 is the best Halo since Halo: Combat Evolved. 343 Industries has made their mark on the industry, so I truly can't wait to see what they do next.
  14. Nov 7, 2012
    This game is great. 343 have brought back halo in an exciting fashion. There is just hours and hours to play in this game with a great campaign. Definitely worth the buy for halo fans.
  15. Nov 7, 2012
    Brilliant new step in the Halo series. I was skeptical being a Bungie fan and enjoying Halo since the first title. But 343i has defiantly done superbly in propelling Halo forward in a NEW direction. HALO 4 IS NEW as halo 2 was from combat evolved and 3 was from 2, and again Reach from 3. Halo 4 for steps forward and in my brothers and my opinion stays true to how halo should be.

PROS:

PROS: Brilliant campaign story and gameplay (I have played every campaign with much appreciation. RIP Sgt. Johnson)
    Faster paced Multiplayer still retains core halo feel (plenty of room for team work)
    Player customisation does not unbalance gameplay
    Great sound detail
    Improved map editing
    Theatre remains
    Careful effective multiplayer (but people will always complain) CONS:
    No FireFight (I really liked it)
    Dislike the sound of warthog and scorpion tank

BOTTOM LINE

It's not Halo "again" it's a "NEW" Halo and its FUN which is what games are for.
    REMEMBER IT IS A GAME and just chill out if it fails to meet your reason for existence.
  16. Nov 8, 2012
    This game is incredible, Im a die hard halo fan and playing through this game was just amazing. The graphics and sound design are impeccable. So many people doubted 343 but they have delivered.
  17. Nov 8, 2012
    The game is incredible in every way, has an impeccable soundtrack, spectacular graphics and an extremely addictive multiplayer.

Halo 4 can overcome even the supreme REACH HALF LIFE 2, for fans of HALO, is a must for game lovers of FPS, and still gets the crown along with the classics QUAKE, HALF LIFE 2 and DOOM.
  18. Nov 8, 2012
    Awesome game, and I've loved the Halo Franchise since Halo CE. It's similar to Call of Duty and Battlefield three, their fan's have joined a better game than Call of Duty and Battlefield. The multi-player platforms are great and campaign is fairly entertaining. I love all the new things they added to the multi-player experience! It's excellent. Definitely worth buying Halo 4.
  19. Nov 8, 2012
    nice job 343 industries! you just made halo better and halo 4 will be game of the year!:)
  20. Nov 8, 2012
    The game definately gets a 10 here. A major improvement from reach. I hated that invinvible shield thing in reach so glad they took that out. Graphics and the gameplay are awesome. The promethian guns are definate killers. Like the way you can create your own loadout online so u dont have to keep finding guns. Played like one mission in campaign but i love it. The best Halo game so farThe game definately gets a 10 here. A major improvement from reach. I hated that invinvible shield thing in reach so glad they took that out. Graphics and the gameplay are awesome. The promethian guns are definate killers. Like the way you can create your own loadout online so u dont have to keep finding guns. Played like one mission in campaign but i love it. The best Halo game so far IMO. A 5.6 user score? Wutever yall r smokin can i get some of dat? Expand
  21. Nov 8, 2012
    This is honestly the best game i have played this year. The graphics have maximized the xbox's potential. 343i has redone multi-player so that it takes the addictive part of COD but still feels like halo. There are no words to describe the sheer awesomeness of the campaign.
  22. Nov 8, 2012
    Simply put, this game Call of Duty in a Halo costume. Not a terrible thing, but I was expecting more of a Halo 3 type game then a Halo Reach type game. Halo 4 continues to grow on me though.
  23. Nov 8, 2012
    Best looking, best sounding and most epic Halo yet. 343 have taken it on and expanded for the better. The whole package has a high production value It is simply the best looking FPS of this generation and, in my opinion, the most enjoyable too.
  24. Nov 8, 2012
    First of all dont listen to the moron CoD cry babies complaining giving it a 0/10. Some people says "im giving it a 0 because people give it a 10" thats got to be the worst reason i have ever heard. No game deserves a 0 unless its unplayable. Even as pathetic and rehashed as CoD is it doesnt deserve a 0/10 maybe 5/10 but not 0.

Now on to Halo 4...Have only played MP because my cd drive

Now on to Halo 4...Have only played MP because my cd drive is messed up and cant play the cinematics so it wont load but MP has been amazing so far. Anyone saying its just Halo with CoD stuff slapped on is a joke. The ordinance drops are nothing like overpowered killstreaks in CoD. You get three choices NOT 1 and no matter what you choose it has some strategic value thats not OP. Sometimes its better to choose a speedboost or overshield instead of the SAW or some rocket launcher. The fact that they make it so you choose based on whats going on makes it awesome and very different. CoD is the same thing over and over, 5 kills predator missle, die, 5 kills predator missle. Anyone can get kills easy with killstreaks and lets not even talk about how easy it is once you get to mow down people in the heli.

The guns are awesome, yes theres still the BR and some of the same old weapons but they brought a good amount of new ones and all have a purpose and all seem like they are worth using. Yes sometimes it would be stupid not to choose a BR or DMR but i love to switch it up. Loadouts might be CoDish but then again they are not the first nor are they the only game to have loadouts so that is really irrelevant. IMO they had to move in this direction because it was getting stale how it was before only using one or two guns most of the time plus a power weapon and now you can make a few load outs so you are not stuck using just the DMR or BR all game. It makes people use different setups and thats the best part. Some people will still abuse this system and just use the BR or DMR but I feel confident using different weapons and still being able to compete.

The Armor abilities/tactitcal/support packages are awesome as well. Once again people will say omg this is just like CoD, while it is similar it was also a good edition and is also different from CoD. The armor abilities are very useful and they are balanced, havent used one yet that doesnt feel useful. The thruster pack is much better than i thought if you learn how to use it. Tactical/support options are great as well and feel USEFUL, in CoD you get a million different ones no one can keep track of and it makes it feel useless. In Halo theres only a few and they all serve a purpose to how to play. Keeping it a lower number is much better than having a bunch.

They need some better playlists but I know they are going to update it in a month or so. I love SWAT and TEAM snipers. Also the Maps are very different but very awesome and they look amazing. Infinity slayer is so much fun to play, I dont know if I can go back to normal slayer now.

Cant wait to play the campaign ill update when I do...
  25. Nov 8, 2012
    This is my first review here. I signed up just to write this review. I want to start by saying it's really sad and unbiased to watch how many reviewer have given a 0 to this game. It just shows how hateful they are about this game. But again look at my score and you can say I'm overreacting. I'm from a country called Costa Rica and for us is hard to watch the entire world get this kind ofThis is my first review here. I signed up just to write this review. I want to start by saying it's really sad and unbiased to watch how many reviewer have given a 0 to this game. It just shows how hateful they are about this game. But again look at my score and you can say I'm overreacting. I'm from a country called Costa Rica and for us is hard to watch the entire world get this kind of games the same day they get out. After avoiding every single spoiler on the internet, I got my hands on Halo 4. I love this series for me there's no other tittle with so much story in and out the game. I've read the novels and I own a lot of stuff of Halo. Yes I'm a big fan. But not a blind one, I know when something is good and when it's not. In this case knowing that most of the team in charge of creating halo 4 already worked for bungie, I thought halo 4 would be a great game. And guess what, I was wright. Repeating what people have been saying about the game, it has amazing visuals, environment music and awesome multiplayer. The turn of events in this game were well thought and the ending was sad/emotional/great. There's a million possibilities where 343 can take this game from now on. But let's get to the point, should you buy this game or not? IMHO i think you should! You won't regret it you will have a lot of fun with it. Well worth the money. Ah ... and good luck to haters, because as the saying says: "haters gonna hate". Expand
  26. Nov 8, 2012
    Like a few others, I signed up to create this review for such an amazing game.I don't understand the hate against the game, but we all have our opinions. I think that this game is one of the best fps games that has been produced this year. It has good framerate for a game that looks amazing for an Xbox game, it allows old weapons that we haven't seen since Halo 3 AND other weapons, has anLike a few others, I signed up to create this review for such an amazing game.I don't understand the hate against the game, but we all have our opinions. I think that this game is one of the best fps games that has been produced this year. It has good framerate for a game that looks amazing for an Xbox game, it allows old weapons that we haven't seen since Halo 3 AND other weapons, has an episodic co-op experience that 343i will add to weekly like Red Dead Redemption's mission pack, introduces the Prometheans (A new enemy), somehow perfectly brings back the Covenant and the UNSC to tie in with the story, and the multiplayer is just so unique compared to the other ones. Halo hasn't "stolen" anything from other games, it simply innovates from the mistakes of other games by allowing a perk system that isn't too overpowered like CoD. Also, Halo 4 adds a lot more for the huge Halo storyline fans (like myself) who actually like to look at the story behind the entire Halo universe. I don't really know why anyone would give it anything below a 6, but we all have our own ways of looking at things. I hope this review will attract anyone that looks through the game reviews, because this is the truth. Halo 4 is a marvelous game that contends with other games for GoTY. Expand
  27. Nov 8, 2012
    Don't listen to the people that are giving this amazing game a bad score, this game is easily 10/10, outstanding story, visually the best looking game on the Xbox 360, and fun addicting online multiplayer. To the people that are giving this game 0-4, their just CoD fanboys that are thrashing this game. Buy this game!!!
  28. MrR
    Nov 9, 2012
    Wow. I am blown away by Halo 4. The campaign is brilliant, an amazing continuation of the series. I worried about how 343 would handle this game, as Halo 2 and 3 by Bungie were my go-to games for years when I was younger. But I have no more worries for the future of this series. Halo 4 is the multiplayer fps I have been waiting for. While there seem to be a few backtracks, almostWow. I am blown away by Halo 4. The campaign is brilliant, an amazing continuation of the series. I worried about how 343 would handle this game, as Halo 2 and 3 by Bungie were my go-to games for years when I was younger. But I have no more worries for the future of this series. Halo 4 is the multiplayer fps I have been waiting for. While there seem to be a few backtracks, almost everything has advanced and been polished to a tee. Gameplay is smooth and feels natural, but still has all the creativity and fun expected from a Halo game. The visuals and sounds are phenomenal, though I miss Marty's epic tunes. Forge has been perfected and will provide re playability for years to come. All in all, I am blown away by Halo 4. I haven't been playing console FPS's very much for the last few years, but I am having trouble putting this one down. Well done 343i.

There are a few things I miss from earlier Halo games that have been removed or changed, but all in all this is a huge step forward and Halo 4 blows other Xbox FPS's out of the water. 10/10
  29. Nov 9, 2012
    This is a phenomenal game. I write this review on behalf of me, as an adult and others I know. the graphics are smooth and gorgeous, great art and landscapes. Clever AI, multiplayer dynamic is good, well rounded. supporting media is amazing and really enhances the whole experience. a must buy. don't play campaign on normal or a setting that is too easy - it detracts from the struggle of the story.
  30. Nov 9, 2012
    If you enjoyed using the DMR in Reach you'll absolutely love the multiplayer gameplay in this. Also, I love the new magnum, and with custom loadouts you get to spawn with all your favourite weapons.
  31. Nov 9, 2012
    This game is amazing. I dont get why most the reviews here are negative. But if you are a true halo fan you will love this game. The story line is short but good. The muiltiplayer is as fun as ever. And spartan ops is a good disrtraction.
  32. Nov 9, 2012
    I just don't buy half of the user ratings being negative. Especially after playing the game. Metacritic is an absolute joke for letting trolls affect the scores of everything on this site. Amazing graphics, tight gameplay, non-stop action, good Halo universe story, and a great job done by 343. Don't listen to the negative folks I guarantee you most of them don't even own the game they justI just don't buy half of the user ratings being negative. Especially after playing the game. Metacritic is an absolute joke for letting trolls affect the scores of everything on this site. Amazing graphics, tight gameplay, non-stop action, good Halo universe story, and a great job done by 343. Don't listen to the negative folks I guarantee you most of them don't even own the game they just have nothing better to do in this life but tear down what they never purchase. They are idiots. Collapse
  33. Nov 9, 2012
    This is great Halo game for those truly willing to enjoy the experience! Great graphics, great typical halo gameplay and a great storyline combine into this fantastic Halo game. The game is quite mysterious and gave me the same feeling from time to time as when I had when I first landed on a Halo ring, back in the days of Halo: CE. And it leaves enough mystery to make me eager for Halo 5This is great Halo game for those truly willing to enjoy the experience! Great graphics, great typical halo gameplay and a great storyline combine into this fantastic Halo game. The game is quite mysterious and gave me the same feeling from time to time as when I had when I first landed on a Halo ring, back in the days of Halo: CE. And it leaves enough mystery to make me eager for Halo 5 already without ending in a real cliffhanger. Some people true to the Halo Lore might be disappointed because Halo 4 is not fully true to it. But I don't really care as I've always seen the Halo games as the main (and true) storyline and all the rest as spin offs. And yes, I'm saying this while being a Halo fan for more than 10 years. I don't care if you agree or not.

There will always be haters but for me this is the best Halo game after the original Halo: Combat Evolved. What a blast! I enjoyed the campaign from the beginning to the (intense) end. I gotta admit I didn't play online that much yet but from what I've seen it will be enough to keep me busy for months, perhaps even years. I'm assured now... 343 industries takes care of my favorite franchise ever with much care and love. And I'm glad I'll be able to play new great Halo games in the years to come. The Chief is back in town!
  34. RTG
    Nov 9, 2012
    The king of Xbox Live FPS's is back, and the best since Halo 2. Halo 4 keeps the same formula, and something fresh. Sweet graphics, with great sound design. Great job 343, well deserved.
  35. Nov 9, 2012
    Thanks to no stop nerd complaining the user review for yet another large release is ruined. I know for so many people a catty internet complaint fest is a one way ticket to fame it makes the score pointless. In this case the game is great, go buy it. Don't know why people do the lame buy/rent it when most rental places are long gone. If you are one of those I don't like halo just getThanks to no stop nerd complaining the user review for yet another large release is ruined. I know for so many people a catty internet complaint fest is a one way ticket to fame it makes the score pointless. In this case the game is great, go buy it. Don't know why people do the lame buy/rent it when most rental places are long gone. If you are one of those I don't like halo just get over yourself and play a cool game. Expand
  36. Nov 9, 2012
    now I do not want to go into to much detail (wanna get back to playing) but what I will say is that Halo 4 is a great new step in the franchise, it has crisp clean graphics, amazing game play, a host of different weapons, and so much multiplayer content that you will be busy for the next year. If you are on the edge of buying this, if you like a great singleplayer with a new timenow I do not want to go into to much detail (wanna get back to playing) but what I will say is that Halo 4 is a great new step in the franchise, it has crisp clean graphics, amazing game play, a host of different weapons, and so much multiplayer content that you will be busy for the next year. If you are on the edge of buying this, if you like a great singleplayer with a new time destroying multiplayer go buy it you will not regret it. Expand
  37. Nov 9, 2012
    This game is flat out amazing!! Well everybody has there own opinion, i cannot see why it is getting a 5.7 from user reviews. The graphics are amazing especially for it being on very old hardware, game play is so smooth, the MP is addicting as hell, voice acting flawless!! THE SOUND!!! every weapon has been re-done!! Amazing! There are a few issues with servers and such but im sure thatThis game is flat out amazing!! Well everybody has there own opinion, i cannot see why it is getting a 5.7 from user reviews. The graphics are amazing especially for it being on very old hardware, game play is so smooth, the MP is addicting as hell, voice acting flawless!! THE SOUND!!! every weapon has been re-done!! Amazing! There are a few issues with servers and such but im sure that will be all sorted out. If you like FPS and MP and a great story get this game! Expand
  38. Nov 9, 2012
    Outstanding campaign and its story. Art design, music, character development... all top notch. Multiplayer is a blast as well. 343 really took the torch and expanded the universe impressively.
  39. Nov 9, 2012
    Why people giving this game a 0 or 1???? GTFO cod or ps3 fanboys, this game is the best. 343 industries has made a good job and expanded that great Halo universe.
  40. Nov 9, 2012
    Halo 4 has the best graphics imaginable on the 360 (which is a terrible system itself, so you get the idea Halo 4 has amazing graphics). The AR, DMR, warthog, etc audio has been updated and they sound beast. It has a open-world feel to, incredibly fun gameplay, good story, much improved multiplayer and much improved forge.
  41. Nov 9, 2012
    This game is absolutely stunning. Trust me and the millions of others who feel the same way, you want this game. Halo 4 is obviously the 2012 game of the year...by far.
  42. Nov 9, 2012
    Great game that gets way to many biased reviews here, I'v played all of the games in the series and was genuinely impressed with 343's continuation of the series. Fun gameplay, exciting campaign, and all around good and enjoyable game.
  43. Nov 9, 2012
    Halo 4 is incredible and allows great gamers to be great again in the highly competitive multiplayer. You can once again exploit the maps nooks and crannies and gain full advantage with skill alone against droves of people. The guns hit hard, multiplayer is incredibly fun, and the campaign delivers a whole new set of enemies. Why switch up game play and dynamics that are already leaps andHalo 4 is incredible and allows great gamers to be great again in the highly competitive multiplayer. You can once again exploit the maps nooks and crannies and gain full advantage with skill alone against droves of people. The guns hit hard, multiplayer is incredibly fun, and the campaign delivers a whole new set of enemies. Why switch up game play and dynamics that are already leaps and bounds above all other 1st person shooter's? Excluding Gears of War, all 1st person shooters have been trying to catch up to Halo 1 and no one has come close even 10 years later. Expand
  44. Nov 9, 2012
    *Stands up and claps* As a fan of Halo from the very first game back in 2001 for the original Xbox the formula was becoming tired, the levels bland and the action becoming recycled. After Bungie leave the Halo franchise behind 343 Industries has picked up the IP and made a masterpiece.
    Set 4 years after the finale of Halo 3, Cortana wakes Chief after the Dawn is attacked by a Covenant fleet for them then to crash land on a Forerunner planet named Requiem. After Chief accidentally awakens a Forerunner warrior, The Didact, it becomes a race against time to save Earth, get off Requiem and save the dying Cortana. A touching, well written and amazingly pieced together story with mind blowing graphical standard for a 7 year old console.
    The replacement of Firefight with Spartan Ops was a good swap with what will total to a free weekly download side campaign alongside the standard Multiplayer, Forge and Theatre makes Halo 4 a package well worth the pricetag with many months, maybe even years of re-playability in one £40 package.
  45. Nov 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished the Campaign on Legendary. I thought it was fantastic, a truly great Halo game. However, there were things that I think could have been done better;
    1. No QTE's. That's it. Plain and simple. I would have rather the Didact died in a cutscene then a QTE.

2. Length. I think the Campaign would have benefited from having levels that were the same length, but about 12-15 instead of 8. Or simply have 8 levels, but make then longer.
    I think that the length of the campaign is also synonymous with story/plot. Don't get my wrong, I liked it very much and thought it was great, but lacking at some points. I believe if the campaign was longer, it would have allowed for a more intricate and better story/plot writing. BUT as I said, it was still solid.

3. There were a fair amount of vehicles, and they were good. But I think that there should have been a Hornet or Falcon. I freaking loved the Falcon in Reach, it would've been cool to see it come back. My top three MP improvements;
    1. KILLCAMS. They're stupid and completely unneeded.

2. More distinct armor. I don't mind the armor too much, some I like very much, but what I mean by this is armor that you can recognize from across the battlefield. I loved nailing that guy who has been pissing me off for half the match in Reach, and KNOWING it was him because of his armor. The armor in Halo 4 isn't terrible but a lot of it is very similar. I can only think of two things I don't like about the Halo 4 multiplayer. So there you have it. This is an outstanding game, and an even better Halo game. I have been playing for days, have started my second playthrough on Legendary and I'm loving every minute of it. 343i have put their heart and soul into this game, and it completely shows. All my criticisms are over shadowed by the everything else that is is so brilliantly done. P.S. for anyone reading this (hopefully a few of the sites Admins/Mods) I want to state my opinion on the "User Review" section. A lot of the user reviews, especially with this game are complete BS. They're full of CoD kiddies and PS3 fanboys who come here to give it a bad review, simply because it is Halo. One such guy giving it a 0/10 score and admitting that the game does NOT deserve a 0, but he gave it that score because he simply does not like Halo. Another such "reviewer" stating that he doesn't like the game because it doesn't have good graphics and isn't as good as Uncharted. I'm telling you now, the User Review feature on this sight is broken, corrupt and full of people who don't know how to write a review (I'm not saying I do) and people giving it a bad score simply because it is Halo.
  46. Nov 10, 2012
    Deep emerging campaign, gorgeous looking. Brilliantly continues the Halo story.

Multiplayer is great too. Won't get this out the disc tray for a while.
  47. Nov 10, 2012
    I cant believe why people don't like this game. Most of the time i read reviews about how its crap because of load-outs and kill-cam. these people are just stupid. COD is now halos biggest rival so it was a smart move by 343 to add the load-outs and kill-cam. It was to combat COD. Anyway back to Halo. The graphics are fantastic and the campaign is short and sweet. One of the main reasonsI cant believe why people don't like this game. Most of the time i read reviews about how its crap because of load-outs and kill-cam. these people are just stupid. COD is now halos biggest rival so it was a smart move by 343 to add the load-outs and kill-cam. It was to combat COD. Anyway back to Halo. The graphics are fantastic and the campaign is short and sweet. One of the main reasons why i love this game is the multiplayer. As i said before about the load-outs and kill cam, yes it does take that form call of duty but it still keeps its halo roots. Honestly this game for me feels more like a halo game than reach did. Don't get me wrong, i thought reach was awesome but it just didn't have that true halo feel that halo 3 did. Halo 4 recaptured that raw gaming and halo experience for me. this game is absolutely amazing and 343 has pulled it off. A great Halo game. Expand
  48. Nov 10, 2012
    Halo 4 is the first fps to come out in a while that isn't a disappointment. Even though the campaign is only 6 hours long, the entire time is full of adrenaline pumping action. The story is about as good as you expect from the halo games, if you really want to know about the lore read the books. There are multiple "paths" within levels that make the game feel not as linear as CoD orHalo 4 is the first fps to come out in a while that isn't a disappointment. Even though the campaign is only 6 hours long, the entire time is full of adrenaline pumping action. The story is about as good as you expect from the halo games, if you really want to know about the lore read the books. There are multiple "paths" within levels that make the game feel not as linear as CoD or Halo: Reach. These paths all end up in the same location, but the way they are presented doesn't make it feel like you're walking down a hallway. The guns all sound and feel very unique and very awesome. There's a huge difference in the way the BR feels compared to the Carbine for example. The way they handle, sound and feel in the way of controller rumble is great.

The multiplayer is the best since Halo 3. There is a good balance between the main primary weapons and they all have their use. The DMR and BR are both viable options with the DMR having a bit of an edge at very long distances, but if you are skilled enough with the BR it really doesn't matter. The way the weapons drop on the map rather than spawn on a timer in the same location makes the game a lot less reliant on power weapons and more about skill. Personal ordinance drops (point streaks from CoD) give you a VERY slight edge for a good amount of effort. The most powerful drop is a power boost which makes you 3-shot if all shots are in the head or 4 shot otherwise, instead of 5-shot. But when you die, that's it. It's gone. The streaks are nothing like CoD since the entirety of multiplayer of CoD relies on point streaks, whereas the Halo 4 streaks give a slight edge that you lose as soon as you die. Spawning before your timer is over can be troublesome in that if you get a lucky enough spawn, you can run over to the person whom killed you and finish them off. Although, this scenario has only happened one time on the smallest map in my 180 games. More often than not, spawning early so that you can sprint back into the battle just ends up with you dieing again. The multiplayer is nothing like Reach. Yes, there are armour abilities. No, they aren't OP. There's no invincibility (Armour lock) and the AA's just allow you to escape death for another second before you're struck down. There are small perks that are like collecting frag grenades from fallen players or getting ordinance drops slightly quicker (the equivalent of a kill). These perks generally don't make a difference on gameplay as long as you don't suck horribly.

People complaining about the multiplayer being imbalanced must just not be very good at it. Although it has taken some features from CoD, like the killcam, it does NOT play like CoD. You can't just sprint forward and spray your gun at someone hoping to get a kill. Halo 4 feels like a combination between Halo 3 and Halo 2, with a sprinkle of Reach in the way of sprint/AA. If you liked Reach, but not other Halo games, you might not enjoy this one. A good example is the sniper. There is no aim assist. If you are slightly off your target, you are slightly off your target. You miss. It's not like Reach, close enough isn't close enough.

If you liked Halo 3, you need this game. If you liked Reach but not Halo 3, you might not like this game. The Halo series feels like Halo again.
  49. Nov 10, 2012
    343i performed much better than I had expected, the campaign was stunning. There is a lot of jumping around in the campaign, true, but if you take the time to follow it you'll find it is much more immersive than previous halo campaigns, while still retaining the feel of Bungie's original. I do not know what people are complaining about. 11/10, would have been 10 if the story hadn't been343i performed much better than I had expected, the campaign was stunning. There is a lot of jumping around in the campaign, true, but if you take the time to follow it you'll find it is much more immersive than previous halo campaigns, while still retaining the feel of Bungie's original. I do not know what people are complaining about. 11/10, would have been 10 if the story hadn't been worlds ahead of where it was before. Expand
  50. Nov 10, 2012
    Before playing Halo 4, I took a few moments and thought back to what made the original Halo: Combat Evolved such a great, lasting experience for me. The truth of the matter, for me, is that it always came down to the campaign, over the multiplayer. I've continually played halo with friends and online for years and years, but it's the fictional universe itself that kept me most interested,Before playing Halo 4, I took a few moments and thought back to what made the original Halo: Combat Evolved such a great, lasting experience for me. The truth of the matter, for me, is that it always came down to the campaign, over the multiplayer. I've continually played halo with friends and online for years and years, but it's the fictional universe itself that kept me most interested, and so that is what I've always held as my main standard for the quality of the game. So what was Halo CE to me? Without really doing it justice, in a few words: The grand scale of things, shown in so many ways: the wonderful background art, the ability to explore the map terrains and approach combat in an open way. The slightly cartoonish, but beautiful color pallette. The gorgeous soundtrack that knew exactly when to be intense, when to be meandering, when to be passionate and when to be dark. The memborable, extremely fun set of enemies to fight. The awesome vehicle combat. The mystery and eventual horror behind the Halo ring. And the interesting dynamic between one badass space marine and his quirky, sassy AI. I've since finished the campaign and played numerous gametypes on Live (which I thorougly enjoyed). I've talked about it with friends. And I've read many reviews. Despite all of the negativity I'm seeing online, I'm proud to say that Halo 4 has been the best game experience I've had since the original Halo, as it somehow manages to recapture all of those qualities that I mentioned above, adjusted for the modern console. The game is not entirely perfect, mostly imo because the soundtrack is slightly off at different points, and the cutscenes get slightly melodramatic (although for the most part, they are entirely appropriate), but overall by far it is the Halo game I've been waiting for years to play. One thing that I am particularly happy with, and have been waiting since the original game for, is the inclusion of elements from the extended universe. They manage to seamessly intregrate characters and facts from both the written and live action universe throughout the game. I'm happy to say that I'll probably be playing online and replaying the campaign right up to the release of Halo 5. Good job 343! :) Expand
  51. Nov 10, 2012
    Its so nuts how short sighted, ignorant and trendy gamers are. This game is fantastic. Despite other peoples opinions on how 343 "doesnt understand" what makes Halo multiplayer and story so good (even though Frank O'Connor and a bunch of other former bungie employees and co-creators moved to 343i and are helming the new Halos) this game fulfills all my hopes of what Bungie should have doneIts so nuts how short sighted, ignorant and trendy gamers are. This game is fantastic. Despite other peoples opinions on how 343 "doesnt understand" what makes Halo multiplayer and story so good (even though Frank O'Connor and a bunch of other former bungie employees and co-creators moved to 343i and are helming the new Halos) this game fulfills all my hopes of what Bungie should have done with the Master Chief and Cortana in terms of characterization and narrative as well as adding much needed new characters into the fold like Lasky(from the kilo five trilogy), the didact and librarian (from the Forerunner trilogy) and sarah palmer. In terms of multiplayer the hit the mark by adding perks but still retaining the balance the series had before. Also i find it funny how people assume that CoD was the beginning of shooters when really it borrowed from predecessors like Halo, Day of Defeat, Counterstrike and Battlefield. Im in no way holding that against any of the respective franchises because that would just be as ignorant and short sighted as most of the reviewers claiming plagerism and ripping of call of duty but i bring it up because almost everything in gaming, as in other art forms, has been done before and will inspire other games so the naive people with the sense of entitlement that every game released should be inovative and redifine the genre should otherwise, it deserves a 0 despite Halo having great production values, compeling story, fun competitive multiplayer and gorgeous graphics should probably stop playing games in general because your they are in for a rough life. Expand
  52. Nov 10, 2012
    This is a GREAT game. It has everything that makes halo so good and honestly, who doesn't want that? From the music, to the story, to the great action. With everything improved, it somehow becomes even better. With multiple options like the spectacular and surprising campaign, spartan-ops, forge, and the new and improved multilayer. Better than I thought it would be. It's good to have youThis is a GREAT game. It has everything that makes halo so good and honestly, who doesn't want that? From the music, to the story, to the great action. With everything improved, it somehow becomes even better. With multiple options like the spectacular and surprising campaign, spartan-ops, forge, and the new and improved multilayer. Better than I thought it would be. It's good to have you back Master Chief. Expand
  53. Nov 10, 2012
    From the beginning of Halo 4 you are treated to outstanding visuals and some great FPS action, but as you play the game and move deeper into the story you are taken on a emotional journey through the course of the game. There are moments in this game that will make you pause and do a double take on what just happened. On top of all of this the brilliant soundtrack adds and enriches theFrom the beginning of Halo 4 you are treated to outstanding visuals and some great FPS action, but as you play the game and move deeper into the story you are taken on a emotional journey through the course of the game. There are moments in this game that will make you pause and do a double take on what just happened. On top of all of this the brilliant soundtrack adds and enriches the game complimenting what is happening at the time perfectly, I found my self at times just stopping and listening to the soundtrack itself. The Campaigns story has been well though our and is highly intuitive evolving with the plot while still feeling like Halo. Overall the campaign has been evolved and changed but only for the better. The multiplayer for this game adds a new level of competition in the adversary modes with dynamic maps and new features that have been introduced that always make it enjoyable to come back to. On the other side of the multiplayer the spartan ops feature that has replaced the firefight mode brings a new co-operatice story mode that will be featuring multiple chapters to be released over the coming weeks that have there own story that takes place after the main campmain, from what we have been able to play at the moment, it adds another level of enjoyment that can be enjoyed with friends and online with other players. Overall this game has shown that first person shooters are capable of having a story line and plot comparable to that of an RPG game, as well as having outstanding visuals and a musical score fitting of a movie as well as having the capability to have a challenging multiplayer aspect. This game has done the Halo series proud breathing new life to the series and ensuring fans that 343 industries will do the series proud. Expand
  54. Nov 10, 2012
    I'm very impressed by this game. I had high expectations, and this game exceeded them. I loved the new and more personal take on the storytelling. I was extremely impressed by it technically. The graphics and the audio design are fantastic. For a non-Bungie studio to arrive and deliver such a polished experience is so very surprising and I whole heartedly welcome it. After the campaignI'm very impressed by this game. I had high expectations, and this game exceeded them. I loved the new and more personal take on the storytelling. I was extremely impressed by it technically. The graphics and the audio design are fantastic. For a non-Bungie studio to arrive and deliver such a polished experience is so very surprising and I whole heartedly welcome it. After the campaign ends, 343 leaves us Halo fans a little thank you note. Classy! :-) I'm in for Halo 5 & 6 for sure. It was clear that some Bungie Alumni were on board. Spartan Ops is inventive and will keep me coming back. The multiplayer is balanced and "feels" like Halo. The new touches (perks, customization, loadouts, etc..) are welcomed! Adds fun and keeps the series up to date. I can't recommend this enough! Buy Halo 4, have a blast! :-) Expand
  55. Nov 10, 2012
    Halo 4 is not just the best Halo since Halo 2, it is THE best Halo yet. After the spectacular Halo 2 I was not disappointed per say by 3, but underwhelmed. Halo 4 however has delivered in every way possible, it has done everything it has promised and more. The writing is fresh and better than in any previous Halo game, the game play is similar, but with enough new elements to keep itHalo 4 is not just the best Halo since Halo 2, it is THE best Halo yet. After the spectacular Halo 2 I was not disappointed per say by 3, but underwhelmed. Halo 4 however has delivered in every way possible, it has done everything it has promised and more. The writing is fresh and better than in any previous Halo game, the game play is similar, but with enough new elements to keep it interesting and fun and the story itself is just mind blowing, especially for Halo fans out there, though I'm sure people experiencing halo for the first time will enjoy it too. I could care less about the graphics, some of the best games in history have had terrible graphics by today's standards, but this game has nearly perfect graphics as well. Everything about this game is as close to perfection as possible and I can tell it has been polished to an absolute shine. If you are already a Halo fan then you will absolutely love this game, if you are not already and perhaps didn't like the previous ones, try this one out, it could easily sway you I'm sure. Oh and all of this is just based on the campaign, I haven't even touched on the multiplayer yet; a game has to be able to stand on it's campaign alone first, then it's multiplayer, if it has it. Multiplayer is a bonus, but in this case even the multiplayer is near perfection. GET THIS GAME, I promise you won't regret it. Expand
  56. Nov 11, 2012
    Halo was the game where you could just look around, and be blown away by the scenery. . . or where you could sit in the game's ambiance and be taken away by the game's amazing soundtrack. . . or where you could have fun in vehicles or in a combat system that flowed naturally. Halo: CE was art. I must say that Halo 2, Halo 3, and even Halo: Reach never lived up to that. I played them all,Halo was the game where you could just look around, and be blown away by the scenery. . . or where you could sit in the game's ambiance and be taken away by the game's amazing soundtrack. . . or where you could have fun in vehicles or in a combat system that flowed naturally. Halo: CE was art. I must say that Halo 2, Halo 3, and even Halo: Reach never lived up to that. I played them all, of course, had a steady 2.5-1.5 KDR through all Halo games, and my friends used to host LANs for Halo 1 and 2. I've also played many hours of CoD and that doesn't keep me from loving this scifi masterpiece. Halo CE was campy, but as Master Chief got more absurd (The profits and the elites were the campiest), the story became campier, and the "wonderful" things became dull and overused. The music, that once had been smoothly mysterious and alien, became over-familiar and bombastic. It was always "Here comes chief to save the day". It lost that gritty, desperate feel that you had in CE. When I played Halo 4, I was ready for disappointment. But I was so wrong. Halo 4 has recaptured the spirit of Halo CE. The music has gone in a completely new direction, away from the tired themes and into a new more mysterious and strange score that will keep your senses tingling the whole way through. The enemies of Halo 4 aren't cute teddy bears who speak frumpy English anymore. They're scary and mysterious again. Thank GOD. I'm glad to have an enemy that I want to fight. 343, through face-capture and AMAZING cut-scenes put an emotional, human element into Halo, that never really made it over from Nylund's books. The cut scenes that accompany the new Spartan Ops (5-10 minute extremely well-animated short movies) are excellent. There are problems and changes, however. Loves
    -Musical Change
    -Game designed to put you in awe, just like in CE. -Enemy redesigned to be more threatening, and less cute/cuddly. -Cut scene graphics and face-capture
    -Spartan Ops is a superior replacement to firefight. -Levels are paced PERFECTLY. Cut scenes, vehicle levels, and enemy dynamics change the moment the last formula starts to get old. -Tons of well-designed, beautiful, multiplayer maps. -Emotional Depth. Emotionally charged story. There are a few moments that really struck a deep chord and made me forget I was just playing a game. -Sense of desperation and urgency put purpose back into the game. Hates
    -Some Sound effects are less than ideal. The warthog sounds like a chainsaw. It sucks. -Multiplayer loadouts have made the game a rifle game. Gone are the days of bouncing around with SMGs or the Assualt rifle, jumping among your enemies, tossing grenades, and throwing melees. Now, if you leave cover for 5 seconds, you'll get your head blown off. Have fun shooting from behind pillars, guys. -Poor enemy AI. -Certain moments are a little overdrawn. "Don't make a girl a promise"? I winced. -Boss battle is a bit too much like a CoD boss battle. True Halo and Scifi fans. . . buy Halo 4, and enjoy.
  57. Nov 11, 2012
    Best, Game, Ever! 343 really nailed it! Amazing graphics and sound, the single player is solid and engaging on legendary, and the multiplayer is the best in the halo series. I'll be playing it for years.
  58. Nov 11, 2012
    Great game improves on every aspect of previous game the graphics, dialogue, mechanics etc. New enemies are fun to fight. However, I am not the fondest of the new flood mode with the overpowered zombies but there is so much more overall 9.5
  59. Nov 11, 2012
    Don't listen to the little crybabies. This game is absolutely AMAZING. 343 has done what Bungie never managed to do! Awesome graphics mixed with perfect audio and FINALLY the BEST acting ever seen in a Halo game. Just WOW. For the first time I found myself emotionally invested in a Halo title. To be frank though, I am not done with the title. I am on mission 6 on Legendary difficulty. ItDon't listen to the little crybabies. This game is absolutely AMAZING. 343 has done what Bungie never managed to do! Awesome graphics mixed with perfect audio and FINALLY the BEST acting ever seen in a Halo game. Just WOW. For the first time I found myself emotionally invested in a Halo title. To be frank though, I am not done with the title. I am on mission 6 on Legendary difficulty. It has proven challenging and fun to overcome hard fights so far. Every encounter has a way to be dealt with and level design is flawless.

The online revamp is a welcomed change. And I don't see how it was made easier for noobs to be good as I read in some other reviews. If you have skills, then you will win and no noob is going to come close to you. Just some sore loser's excuse. YES It took me a few games to adapt to the changes they made to the game since it plays a bit differently from other Halo titles BUT it was all worth it and I think ANYONE who likes shooters/sci-fi/action/Drama/online play/competitive play/Halo should get this game and come join us online!!! Amazing accomplishment.
  60. Nov 11, 2012
    This is a amazing game, I've been playing it practically non-stop since I got it on the 6th of November. It saddens me that there are so many trolls that probably haven't even played the game reviewing it. A 0/10 is for unplayable, broken games. Halo 4 is definitely not unplayable and it is a truly fun experience. 343i have done a fantastic job on this game and I am already looking forwardThis is a amazing game, I've been playing it practically non-stop since I got it on the 6th of November. It saddens me that there are so many trolls that probably haven't even played the game reviewing it. A 0/10 is for unplayable, broken games. Halo 4 is definitely not unplayable and it is a truly fun experience. 343i have done a fantastic job on this game and I am already looking forward to Halo 5/6 in the reclaimer trilogy. I highly recommend you get this game if you are thinking about it. The campaign was a little bit short but it was fun nevertheless (I did play it through on normal difficulty so if you were trying on heroic or legendary it would be a lot longer, also if you searched for the easter eggs and terminals) lasting about 6 hours in total. The multiplayer is brilliant, the teams are matched and the scores are always close, I've yet to be in a game in which one side dominates the other. Overall a great game. Expand
  61. Nov 11, 2012
    I have had a blast with Halo 4 sofar. After beating the campaign and playing multiplayer extensively I can safely say that this is the best Halo since 3. My favorite new additions to the game would be the abundance of weapons (love the binary rifle), the style of the Promethean architecture and weapons, the diversity of the different enemy types, the diversity of the environments whichI have had a blast with Halo 4 sofar. After beating the campaign and playing multiplayer extensively I can safely say that this is the best Halo since 3. My favorite new additions to the game would be the abundance of weapons (love the binary rifle), the style of the Promethean architecture and weapons, the diversity of the different enemy types, the diversity of the environments which both the campaign and multiplayer traverse, the final level of the campaign (can you say 'A New Hope'), the mantis, and then the ordinance drops for multiplayer. My biggest con with the game is the lack of ammo in the muliplayer environments- this is something I think they need to fix pronto, ordinance drops are great but this do sent excuse a total lack of static ammunition in the level... In response to the major criticism that has been leveled against the game (too much like COD), I would point out that the implemented gameplay elements spoken of (ordinance drops/load outs) are all done in a very haloesque manner that fits within the overall themes and feel of the original games game. You will not pick up this game and think it feels like COD, it simply dosent- unless you have preconceived notions that its going to, then it might.....lol. BTW this game gets a 10 from me beacuse this sites user review system is so messed up that trolls can just come in here and spam post a hundred different (0) reviews in ten seconds. In a fair system I would give this game bewteen an 8.5 and a 9- just like its critic score (which is the only score you should consider valid on this site....). Expand
  62. Nov 11, 2012
    This is the best halo game to date great story, graphics, charters, weapons, sound, and enemies I don't care what any body says. people who give this game a bad rate is a ps3 fanboy or a cod fanboy
  63. Nov 11, 2012
    Halo 4 is a masterpiece, even if it's quite a tear-jerker, by quite I mean a massively emotional sea of unending sadness and tears... Halo 4 brought the "magic" of Halo back to life. Good job 343!
  64. Nov 11, 2012
    The game is absolutely outstanding!!!! Visually maybe the best game in consoles. High quality sounds, it feels like you are in the real battlefield, excellent gameplay, jawdropping lightning effects, unbelievable music, awesome story. The campaign was amazing. The emotional connection between Chief and Cortana was a central highlight of the plot. The villain was something Halo needed, andThe game is absolutely outstanding!!!! Visually maybe the best game in consoles. High quality sounds, it feels like you are in the real battlefield, excellent gameplay, jawdropping lightning effects, unbelievable music, awesome story. The campaign was amazing. The emotional connection between Chief and Cortana was a central highlight of the plot. The villain was something Halo needed, and he is a worthy adversary for John. Everything from sound design, graphics, gameplay, map design, was amazing! There were so many details, and the lighting was fantastic, I was blown away! The multiplayer is addicting as everWhat else do you need? Expand
  65. Nov 11, 2012
    Alright, here I go.

Halo 4 is incredible. I have absolutely NO idea why the heck its getting these reviews, and honestly, it's making me a little mad, but here's my two cents. The campaign is intense and has opened a new door to the halo storyline. The ending made me cry, and I was amazed by what great storytellers 343 are. 10/10, totally. Sure, I was left hanging a little, but halo
    Alright, here I go.

The campaign is intense and has opened a new door to the halo storyline. The ending made me cry, and I was amazed by what great storytellers 343 are. 10/10, totally. Sure, I was left hanging a little, but halo 5 will fix that right up. The only con is that I was EXPECTING it to be longer, but 8-9 hours is alright.

The multiplayer is incredibly balanced and has great maps. Haven has all the CQB I love and exile is like blood gulch and sidewinder had a baby. I also cannot tell you how close the matches I have had are. I love that the grenades are nerfed and everything is more like halo 3, and the armor abilities are perfect and none are OP. If people don't like them, just play a different playlist. Problem solved.

Spartan ops is fun, but lacks replay value, but aside from that, it makes me happy to see it as an extension of the campaign, making the campaign longer. I think I'll stick to multiplayer though.

I can't wait to make machinimas, laugh with friends and blow people up. Thank you, 343, for showing how amazing you guys are. Cant wait for halo 5.
  66. Nov 11, 2012
    Halo 4 is probably the best game of 2012. With a totally enhanced gameplay and beautiful graphics, Master Chief returns to the world of gaming at its best.

- Visual: 10.0
      - Gameplay: 9.8
      - History: 10.0
      - Audio: 9.8
      - Fun: 10.0

- Final Rating: 10.0
  67. Nov 11, 2012
    This is the best game I've ever played on the XBox 360. It has an incredible story that all Halo veterans should experience from start to finish. It's dark, emotional, and beautiful. A true masterpiece in gaming. On top of this, Halo 4 is as complete a package as you can buy. Whether you are fighting through the forerunner planet in the campaign, working with friends through the co-opThis is the best game I've ever played on the XBox 360. It has an incredible story that all Halo veterans should experience from start to finish. It's dark, emotional, and beautiful. A true masterpiece in gaming. On top of this, Halo 4 is as complete a package as you can buy. Whether you are fighting through the forerunner planet in the campaign, working with friends through the co-op missions in Spartan Ops, or proving your worth in War Games (the halo Multiplayer suite), there is always something for you to do. Not to mention this easily has some of the best visuals I've seen on a console game. From incredible lighting to a completely re-vamped sound design, this game doesn't know the word "ugly". Go buy this game. If you don't have an Xbox, save up, and then buy it and this game. Now! That's an order soldier! Expand
  68. Nov 11, 2012
    I have played all of the Halo's and really like them, So going into this one I was pretty nervous cause this was 343 and not Bungie. Campaign: The Campaign in this game is pretty short but at that it is a awesome one. Story was great. Chief having to deal with Cortana's Rampancy and the main enemy is pretty good. Shows Chiefs and Cortana's connection more than in any of the previousI have played all of the Halo's and really like them, So going into this one I was pretty nervous cause this was 343 and not Bungie. Campaign: The Campaign in this game is pretty short but at that it is a awesome one. Story was great. Chief having to deal with Cortana's Rampancy and the main enemy is pretty good. Shows Chiefs and Cortana's connection more than in any of the previous Halo's. Solid Campaign. The Multiplayer while very good has taken too many things from Call Of Duty. Like sprinting, Loadouts, Ordnance Drops (Care Package like things), Currency, Instant Spawn, there is more than that but lets move on. Those are pretty much my only gripes about the Multiplayer and I am hoping that they will remove some of this in Halo 5. Spartan Ops is a pretty good addition to the game, Fun and will keep pulling you back for weeks. This game may be the best graphical looking game on the Xbox 360. Sound is good and they have re done almost all sounds. Soundtrack: While the soundtrack is completely new it fits in with the game perfectly so no problems with that. I will give it a 9.5 if I could. Expand
  69. Nov 11, 2012
    One word truly awesome game. I mean a clear refresh from the old good Halo days. games need to innovate not stay like it was five years back. thats what 343 did and they did it superbly. those who are scoring low I think didnt even bother to judge the whole package. come on its Halo and it needs to innovative. this game has all what was missing in a games like this. yes there are fewOne word truly awesome game. I mean a clear refresh from the old good Halo days. games need to innovate not stay like it was five years back. thats what 343 did and they did it superbly. those who are scoring low I think didnt even bother to judge the whole package. come on its Halo and it needs to innovative. this game has all what was missing in a games like this. yes there are few lackings but as a whole package its superb. Expand
  70. Nov 12, 2012
    This review is a multiplayer only review.. I could care less about the campaign. I only play Halo games for the multiplayer and this is one of the best multiplayers I have played... I'm still trying to decide whether this game or Halo 3 is my favorite Halo multiplayer.. It's a tough decision.. but I'm definitely giving a 10 to make up for the COD trolls on here. This game is a greatThis review is a multiplayer only review.. I could care less about the campaign. I only play Halo games for the multiplayer and this is one of the best multiplayers I have played... I'm still trying to decide whether this game or Halo 3 is my favorite Halo multiplayer.. It's a tough decision.. but I'm definitely giving a 10 to make up for the COD trolls on here. This game is a great game.... get it if you like any Halo game ever.. and ignore the negative reviews from people wanting to one shot everybody in COD because they don't have enough skill to play Halo. Expand
  71. Nov 12, 2012
    Finally Halo is back! Only FPS that actually involves skill. You can shoot me first but if you are not better I will win the battle 9 out of 10 times.
  72. Nov 12, 2012
    Halo is back in my opinion. Nothing beats or can compare to the very first Halo which is what I have been chasing fro years now like a drug. I actually enjoyed the campaign and did not skip the cut scenes like every other game in the last few years. I felt invested, I felt it mattered to know what was going on and what my next objective would be. The Spartan Ops definitely addsHalo is back in my opinion. Nothing beats or can compare to the very first Halo which is what I have been chasing fro years now like a drug. I actually enjoyed the campaign and did not skip the cut scenes like every other game in the last few years. I felt invested, I felt it mattered to know what was going on and what my next objective would be. The Spartan Ops definitely adds longevity to this game when you are done with the campaign and you can level up and customize as well. The multiplayer has changed or evolved and is a welcome change for me. Overall this game was a surprise hit for me. I purchased the game off of the Microsoft store with $25 credit. $35 and very well spent, just wow! The new weapons, the new enemies, the new locations, new vehicles. I do feel like I am always finding a new weapon or a way to use it. Must play. Expand
  73. Nov 12, 2012
    Halo 4 is probably one of the most innovative games that has been made for a long time. Unfortunately the rise of call of duty fans giving this bad reviews have gone up, so dont listen to the 0's. They dont know what a good game is if they play call of duty. This halo has changed a lot since the last, and the multiplayer is new and addictive, goes back to halo 3 when i used to play nonHalo 4 is probably one of the most innovative games that has been made for a long time. Unfortunately the rise of call of duty fans giving this bad reviews have gone up, so dont listen to the 0's. They dont know what a good game is if they play call of duty. This halo has changed a lot since the last, and the multiplayer is new and addictive, goes back to halo 3 when i used to play non stop for hours. It brings friends together again to play as a group, having a laugh, something games have lost for a long time. But halo 4 brings it back to the good old days. And the campaign is probably one of the most action packed, new, and somehow emotional in a halo game to date. Definitely buy: 10/10. Expand
  74. Nov 12, 2012
    I have invested about 40 hours into this game so far. Let me be clear in stating that Halo 4 is a sum of its' parts. Halo is not just the campaign or the MP. It's all of it together (campaign, music, voice acting, cut scenes, MP, spartan ops, ranking, unlocking, etc.) and it's an experience, not a game. I have been an avid halo fan for the last 12 years of my life and can say withI have invested about 40 hours into this game so far. Let me be clear in stating that Halo 4 is a sum of its' parts. Halo is not just the campaign or the MP. It's all of it together (campaign, music, voice acting, cut scenes, MP, spartan ops, ranking, unlocking, etc.) and it's an experience, not a game. I have been an avid halo fan for the last 12 years of my life and can say with certainty that, in my opinion, Halo 4 is the best Halo yet. I have noticed that many reviewers are comparing the game to bungie's halos and something occurred to me. Many players may be waiting for the next Bungie game, not the next Halo game. For those are waiting for the next Bungie game you're not going to get it. What you're going to get is the next element of Halo. Let's start with the good. Halo 4 as everyone has said is gorgeous...the graphics will put even the most sophisticated games out there to shame. Some cut scenes are pre-rendered which adds just that much more realism to the series. If you've ever played the other games you'll notice that 343 has stepped out of a Halo comfort zone and tested the waters with an all new, more serious approach to the game in terms of character animations, voice acting, and dialogue. Secondly, Halo 4 feels like halo...let me repeat that for all the CoD fans...HALO 4 FEELS LIKE HALO!!!Halo 3 had given me some of the most memorable moments in my gaming career. It was my favorite game of all time. When Halo: Reach came out, Bungie had started experimenting but doing it in all the wrong ways. To many, including myself, Reach felt foreign. It felt different and most importantly it didn't feel like Halo. Halo 4 takes all of the things that Reach did right and mixed it with Halo 3 while casting aside all of Reach's short comings. (No spoilers, don't worry) In campaign Halo 4 goes back to its roots and gives us options on how to tackle engagements. What I mean by this is that when you turn the corner and find yourself in a big valley with a pulsating forerunner structure and hordes of baddies you can bum rush them with all of your Spartan might, hop behind the wheel of a near by vehicle (which are no longer made of DMR vulnerable paper machet) or covert-ops your way up to the nearest elite or knight and go into an stunning performance of grace and death with a combat knife....or brutally ripping arms off. But I digress. Choices are what has made the game so much fun to play for players in the past and it's back with a vengeance in Halo 4 which is something that was sorely missed in all the tight quarter engagements in Reach. The next great thing about this game is the Chief probably has more lines in this game than the last 3 games combined. The relationship between the Chief and Cortana is nothing short of spectacular! Finally the fans who have dedicated hours of their lives to reading the books have finally been able to see that expanded universe of Chief's personality mixed with the quirks that are Cortana. Mixed with her increasing rampancy it gives us loyal zombie fans something more than the previous campaigns ever did.Multiplayer is back baby! And it's better than ever! Halo 4 has taken all of the good things from every game and put it into the multiplayer experience. It learned from the mistakes that came from Halo 3 and Reach and pulled together to create a multiplayer experience that is fun and adds to Halo 4's list of ever growing Pro's. Movement is back to where it was, no more decreased strafing speed like Reach. You're back to usual spartan strength as well so grenades aren't mini nukes landing at your feet. Loadouts are relatively newer as you have to unlock certain items for use but don't worry you unlock the important weapons after the first couple of games. And the magic of Halo is that all the weapons are balanced. (minus the power weapons) meaning that even though you start with an AR and magnum you still have just as good a chance as anyone else for victory. Reticle Bloom is severely decreased to a point of almost non existence so skilled players are no longer taken down by lucky spammings of the trigger. Vehicle friendly maps are now more abundant than ever and feel fun to play! Briefly, Spartan Ops is a great replacement for the monotonous firefighting. Now you have purpose and a goal instead of mindless shooting. Spartan Ops takes place 6 months after the events of Halo 4 and is a whole new story in its own right. As mentioned before the whole game in itself is an experience. It's not just one thing over another and if you truly want to enjoy a game you should consider all it has to offer. Not beating the campaign in one sitting then taking it back.Small cons: Ammo isn't abundant in campaign, constantly switching to promethean and covy weapons.No saved films feature for campaign or s-ops yet.
    and the campaign ending leaves nothing to the imagination or eludes to what Halo 5 could be about. 343 outstanding job! Halo is in good hands.
  75. Nov 12, 2012
    The negative comments are so silly. I went out and bought a xbox 360 primarily just to play this game and it was definitely worth it. The campaign storyline is great and I felt connected with the characters. The addition of all these new weapons was really nice. The game is challenging if you play it on heroic or legendary mode but very rewarding. I honestly can't complain about much, if IThe negative comments are so silly. I went out and bought a xbox 360 primarily just to play this game and it was definitely worth it. The campaign storyline is great and I felt connected with the characters. The addition of all these new weapons was really nice. The game is challenging if you play it on heroic or legendary mode but very rewarding. I honestly can't complain about much, if I had to i'd say the campaign was short. 6 hours, 3 minutes, and 30 seconds for me on heroic mode and I died a lot! Still, the campaign was solid. I like the addition of spartan ops but I hope 343 adds some more interesting levels for it soon. If you have an xbox 360 there should be no questions of whether or not to buy this game! Expand
  76. Nov 12, 2012
    Fantastic, absolutly fantastic. A little short or the campaign side but it ozzes so much replayility it makes up for it. The worse part of this game is that it makes the wait for Halo 5 that much harder.
  77. Nov 12, 2012
    Everything in this game was absolutely spectacular. Multiplayer is better than ever and campaign is just as interesting as previous installments. The only think that I can complain with is the menus that leave a bit to be desired, but you get use to them very quickly,
  78. Nov 12, 2012
    My first Halo game was Halo 3: ODST. I first played I when a friend came over and showed it to me. I was astounded. I had heard Halo was good, but not this good. Since then I've played Wars, Reach, and the Anniversary Edition. I have to say the best out of those three was Reach. With its stellar campaign and it's chaotic multiplayer, I thought Halo 4 would have a hard time beating it. IMy first Halo game was Halo 3: ODST. I first played I when a friend came over and showed it to me. I was astounded. I had heard Halo was good, but not this good. Since then I've played Wars, Reach, and the Anniversary Edition. I have to say the best out of those three was Reach. With its stellar campaign and it's chaotic multiplayer, I thought Halo 4 would have a hard time beating it. I was wrong, very, very wrong. Halo 4 exceeds all expectations and shatters my idea of a good game. It combines the most emotional story of the Halo series, the best graphics that have been seen to this very day, and exciting new changes to multiplayer, to create the best Halo game that I have ever played, heck the best game I've played to date, which Borderlands 2 had the honor of being before. You hear this a lot, but Halo 4 is really Cortana's story. You see, after 7 years an AI becomes rampant. It's been 8. When an AI becomes Rampant, it literally thinks itself to death. So you can imagine how Cortana feels. Your main mission, throughout the story is to get Cortana to Dr. Halsey so she can be fixed. This goes hand-in-hand with defeating the Didact and getting Infinity off of Requeim. The Promethean enemies are so much fun to fight. I wonder how I stood fighting these Covenant after fighting the Prometheans. The new enemies are tactically smart, and aren't anything like the Covenant. For spoiler related reasons, I will move onto the robust, new multiplayer. Multiplayer is less vehicle based, and more gun based since the guns are now so much more badass. Each gun has brand new sounds, and some of them look different, too. I love the new sound of the Assault Rifle. Now with all these new Promethean weapons, that are extremely powerful and fun to use, I never use vehicles, and this is coming from a person who loved to drive vehicles. Instead of choosing large, expansive maps, like I would in Reach, I choose small, close up maps. I hated the guns and loved the vehicles, Halo 4 flipped that around, and it's a very good thing. Now there are Loadouts, which include Primary, and Secondary Weapons, Grenades, and Abilities. Their are plenty new weapons, both Promethean and UNSC to make the formula feel newer. Now there are more Abilities than ever before. The Run ability has been disabled, instead you can run by simply pressing on the joystick. The Armor Lock is gone, too. In fact, the only ones that they still have is Jetpack, invisibility, and the ability in which you make a duplicate. The new multiplayer is a refreshing new turn for the franchise. This game looks stunning. It feels stunning. Everything about this game is stunning. From its emotional story, to it's groundbreaking multiplayer, Halo 4 is what I dreamt what Halo should be. Looking back at ODST again, I feel like, what was great, is now archaic. 343i has accomplished something no other company could, even Bungie. Expand
  79. Nov 12, 2012
    Best campaign since Halo: Combat Evolved and best multiplayer experience since Halo 2. The graphics are amazing, the story is really good and there a ton of awesome moments worthy of the first Halo. My hopes were low for the multiplayer after the disaster that is Halo: Reach, but Halo 4 multiplayer is more than awesome, it really feels like Halo 2, the gameplay is fast and action packed,Best campaign since Halo: Combat Evolved and best multiplayer experience since Halo 2. The graphics are amazing, the story is really good and there a ton of awesome moments worthy of the first Halo. My hopes were low for the multiplayer after the disaster that is Halo: Reach, but Halo 4 multiplayer is more than awesome, it really feels like Halo 2, the gameplay is fast and action packed, the maps are awesome and flawless. People who say the game have been CODified, its not entirely false, but what make halo, halo and cod, cod ? its definitely not the small perks here and here. The ordinances push players to rush and not to camp like killstreaks are in Call of duty, perks are a small bonus and are nowhere near mandatory. The scoring system is well made and really reflect players skills. What else can I say ? Expand
  80. Nov 12, 2012
    Best Halo campaign I've played in a long time. Greatest graphics in the series and the most emotional story line I've seen since the Gears of War series. The music, while not Marty's, definitely fits the Halo universe. 343i definitely did this franchise some good!! Love the multiplayer too, new and a step up from Reach's unbalanced mess.
  81. Nov 13, 2012
    It's more of the same, but why is that a bad thing?? Halo 4 is large a bowl of ice cream. Absolutely delicious. I want more! I can't wait to see what they'll add for halo 5!
  82. Nov 13, 2012
    Halo 4 has taken a new direction in regards of storytelling, and in my opinion it makes the best single player so far since we not only get MC and Cortana back but they have become something more than just a puppet we control. The campaign has some epic set pieces with beautiful graphics and music. Spartan Ops make for a valid replacement for Firefight though could need a scoring system.Halo 4 has taken a new direction in regards of storytelling, and in my opinion it makes the best single player so far since we not only get MC and Cortana back but they have become something more than just a puppet we control. The campaign has some epic set pieces with beautiful graphics and music. Spartan Ops make for a valid replacement for Firefight though could need a scoring system. Multiplayer has changed a lot though, some will like it and some might not. Personally I'm having a blast and probably will be the first in queue for Halo 5. Expand
  83. Nov 13, 2012
    I love this game to death! Sadly, I wish COD did not get so boring to me. Happily, Halo did not become boring to me. The story is an A+, the online A+, the S.O. is an A+. Only thing that is bad, the fact that I wish I have more time to play. :)
  84. Nov 13, 2012
    343 out Bungie'd Bungie!
    343 out Bungie'd Bungie!
    Let's make this short and sweet. If you like Halo you are gonna get it anyway either because you love the series or wanna see if it was butchered. Yeah that did not happen. Instead you got production values through the roof, new enemy types in the Promethians that are worthy of the series, a large selection of weapons that are a blast to use, the best multiplayer maps since Halo 2, changes to the multiplayer that was needed but did not take from what Halo is about, more varriety than any shooter to date, unlimited replay with Spartan Ops, A.I. that is at the top of the class, and last but not least, my GOTY so far.
    343 knocked it out of the park. And those graphics and the music and gun sounds........This may just be the new production values king on any console. It looks and sounds that good.
    If I have any complaints the lighting is a little overdone, and there is not much in the way of big team battles in multiplayer. Also only a few maps are used for each type of game mode's unless you create it yourself. But those are small complaints to be honest.
    I do not give 10's out often. But this game is amazing.
  85. Nov 13, 2012
    Halo is, at its core, a game of immense drama, thrill and excitement. Halo 4 does little to disappoint in the way of returning to its roots while also adding new experiences and features. The campaign is an emotional roller coaster ensuring that fans new to the lore outside the games are able to follow the changing directions that certainly knod their head towards the dedicated fanbaseHalo is, at its core, a game of immense drama, thrill and excitement. Halo 4 does little to disappoint in the way of returning to its roots while also adding new experiences and features. The campaign is an emotional roller coaster ensuring that fans new to the lore outside the games are able to follow the changing directions that certainly knod their head towards the dedicated fanbase that love the vast backstory of the Halo Universe. The story is further compelled by amazing musical scores that really shine towards the climax and adds an incredible atmosphere to the newly discovered Forerunner planet, Requiem. Needless to say, the graphics and design of the game is seemingly flawless. With absolutely no loss of frame rate, the game looks and feels more beautiful than anything else currently on the Xbox360. The vibrant colour scheme chosen for Halo 4 certainly doesn't detract from the multiplayer scene, as the brand new rendered lighting system enhances the appearance of user-created maps in Forge. Changes to the multiplayer formula haven't been without concern to many fans afraid that a change in formula means a change in the game they know and love. But rest assured that the newly revised multiplayer loadout system and perk upgrades have been carefully implemented to retain the classic Halo gameplay. Once you have finished Halo 4's campaign, you will have your chance to experience more of the stunning Halo universe through Spartan OPs, a new feature replacing the Firefight modes of Halo: Reach and Halo 3: ODST. Once a week for ten weeks an episode featuring five separate chapters of Spartan OPs gameplay will be released along with an expansion of the Halo 4 story. 343 Industries went above and beyond in their efforts to ensure that both the campaign and the multiplayer modes were simply stunning, bridging the gap between the two through short but incredibly detailed CGI cut-scenes. This is a game done for the fans with the door open for more to join, with new features and refined old ones, there is little to not love about this game. Expand
  86. Nov 13, 2012
    Im going to make this short and sweet .Im a 28 year old gamer,I've had every system, I have a life outside of games. I'm a singer for a alternative band,I get plenty women and I've got an 10 year old who idolizes me. This is the best halo yet.From graphics to gameplay, from story to multi player. I had doubts about 343 but from the moment I started campaign, my faith was renewed. IIm going to make this short and sweet .Im a 28 year old gamer,I've had every system, I have a life outside of games. I'm a singer for a alternative band,I get plenty women and I've got an 10 year old who idolizes me. This is the best halo yet.From graphics to gameplay, from story to multi player. I had doubts about 343 but from the moment I started campaign, my faith was renewed. I finished it on legendary last night. And I'm currently a level 13 on live.. I finish in the top 2 every match.go buy this game. Peace Expand
  87. Nov 13, 2012
    Amazing, just flat out Amazing. Halo has become a series every gamer should take apart of. The visuals are down right spectacular. The campaign is amazing, and very well rounded. 343 has taken a large step in a good direction.
  88. Nov 13, 2012
    Best Single Player and Multilayer Experience ever. This game deserves Game Of The Year by every means. Great Graphics, Physics, Engine, Controls and Sound. Really engaging story and the Cenamatics are so close to the real game play. I was blown away. Give this game a try before judging. Much better than Halo 3.
  89. Nov 13, 2012
    i can't say anymore than this is an amazing game. the Campaign is STELLAR and i cant say anything else because of spoilers and finally halo has really great graphics the first time i go out of darkness of requiem into sunlight it was the same feeling of being on halo for the first time.

Multiplayer is SO FUN and even though its diffrent its still halo :)
  90. Nov 13, 2012
    I didn't expect to like this game so much. I love it how all of the trolls on here who are not really Halo fans have given the game 474 negative reviews. Good job guys, you had no sway over sales of the game. Regardless, I am having a lot of fun with this one. Reach and ODST were lame compared. The multiplayer in this title is as frenetic as Halo 3 with the fun gametypes of Halo 2. If youI didn't expect to like this game so much. I love it how all of the trolls on here who are not really Halo fans have given the game 474 negative reviews. Good job guys, you had no sway over sales of the game. Regardless, I am having a lot of fun with this one. Reach and ODST were lame compared. The multiplayer in this title is as frenetic as Halo 3 with the fun gametypes of Halo 2. If you are a Halo fan, pick this up. Expand
  91. Nov 13, 2012
    Great visuals, great single player campaign, great multiplayer modes.. The only negative i can think of is the final boss fight but this is my favorite Halo game to date.
  92. Nov 13, 2012
    Best Halo to date. The lighting is amazing, Animation looks incredible. New characters, new weapons, new everything. 343 has done the best job they could do given the circumstances. Can't wait to see where they go with the franchise next.
  93. Nov 13, 2012
    The Best. from being a very avid player of the series. i'm glad they incorporated a lot from the books. a good example would be the relationship between the didact and librarian. It seems that 343i has been doing research on the story. the best part would be the graphics overall since Halo has never seen the daylight of true 1080p Resolution . OVERALL It Is AMAZING. Bungie. the legendaryThe Best. from being a very avid player of the series. i'm glad they incorporated a lot from the books. a good example would be the relationship between the didact and librarian. It seems that 343i has been doing research on the story. the best part would be the graphics overall since Halo has never seen the daylight of true 1080p Resolution . OVERALL It Is AMAZING. Bungie. the legendary corporation that made Halo handed over there baby to another company no one has ever heard of and improved it beyond reason. Must get? Yes. and it's a must try for any. good investment Expand
  94. Nov 13, 2012
    Halo 4 isn't Halo... it's something new, and as hard as it is to say, it's something better. 343 brought Halo into the current generation of modern shooters without copping out and making a CoD clone. Halo 4 is still, at it's core, a pure shooters, without much digression due to loadouts, perks and so on. While all those things now exist in Halo 4, they have very little affect on theHalo 4 isn't Halo... it's something new, and as hard as it is to say, it's something better. 343 brought Halo into the current generation of modern shooters without copping out and making a CoD clone. Halo 4 is still, at it's core, a pure shooters, without much digression due to loadouts, perks and so on. While all those things now exist in Halo 4, they have very little affect on the gameplay and all the little mechanics, functions and systems developed by players throughout the years, the systems and algorithms to winning matches, still exist and prevail over loadout specification in Halo 4. Every fan of Halo and gaming in general can and should appreciate this game. But that is matchmaking alone. The narrative and gameplay in the campaign and spartan Ops has been completely rebooted for this generation. Players always know the story and what is going on, without having it hammered into their skull with a gravity hammer. The art direction, dialogue and overall scheme of things are a great work of art and the way the story goes between campaign and Spartan Ops have completely opened up the universe for infinite possibilities within the universe. This game is the second coming of Master Chief and of Halo as a whole. long live 343. Expand
  95. Nov 13, 2012
    This is a fantastic game. However, it is a step in an entirely new direction. The campaign is awesome, the setting, characters, and story is great. Graphics are fantastic. Weapons and vehicles sound great and feel powerful. You get to know the Chief and Cortana better, since they actually have a personality in this game. The cutscenes look amazing. 343 has really captured that feel of aThis is a fantastic game. However, it is a step in an entirely new direction. The campaign is awesome, the setting, characters, and story is great. Graphics are fantastic. Weapons and vehicles sound great and feel powerful. You get to know the Chief and Cortana better, since they actually have a personality in this game. The cutscenes look amazing. 343 has really captured that feel of a new alien world, just like Bungie did with Halo 1. Campaign is a bit short though, it ran me about 7 hours on Heroic. Neon lights EVERYWHERE.

The multiplayer is great, it is a completely new experience but it still plays like classic Halo. Surprisingly, the perks and abilities are all perfectly balanced. They are each useful in certain situations, but if you rely on them too much you will be at a disadvantage.

I've seen a lot of people comparing it with COD because of the loadouts. First of all, COD did not invent the system of loadouts; Battlefield, Team Fortress 2, Red faction: Guerrilla, and many other games have classes/loadouts/perks. Just because the two games have something in common does not mean that one copied the other. Loadouts and perks are becoming a standard part of FPS's, and Halo included them so that it could keep up with the pack. Personally, I think that they are a fantastic addition. If I wanted a game that played just like Halo 1, I would go play Halo 1. There is nothing wrong with revolutionizing a franchise, and 343 has done it well. I don't like everyone being on equal footing at the start of the match, it's boring to me. Each person you come against is unpredictable because you don't know what armor ability they have equipped, and I find that really fun. You have to constantly adjust your tactics in order to keep the upper hand. Halo used to be about rushing to power weapons and camping them all game, something that I absolutely hated. Halo 4 takes the focus off of power weapons, and focuses more on player skill.

A lot of people (myself included) were worried about the Mantis being overpowered, but after having used it for a few hours in MP I can tell you it isn't. If you bring it out into the middle of a firefight, you will die very quickly, unless your team is covering you.

Spartan Ops is a great addition. You get a new 'episode' of 5 missions every week, which will run you about an hour of gameplay on Legendary. They've only had 2 episodes but they're great so far.

I kind of miss Firefight, but not that much.

I personally believe that 343 has out-Bungied Bungie. This a fantastic game, but it is not like the previous Halo's. It is an entirely new trilogy from an entirely new company. If you can adapt to the franchise's new direction then you will have a blast. If you cannot, then I'm sorry for your loss.
  96. Nov 13, 2012
    Friends I used to play Halo with but have shunned recent releases are coming out to play again. This game feels like a huge evolutionary step in all of the right places and established a new era for the Halo universe.
  97. Nov 13, 2012
    Halo 4 is a great game. It's my favorite Halo campaign and its multiplayer is much than Reach's online. The graphics and sound are spectacular and very innovative. This game pushes the Xbox 360 to its graphical limit and it show very well. This game is most certainly worth your money especially if you're a fan of the other halo games. And for all you reach haters like myself, no armor lock :)
  98. Nov 13, 2012
    Absolutely amazing game with amazing graphics. With two hours of multi-player and one of campaign this game is amazing. I have not witnessed, or heard of, any lag while online. While the story is fairly hard to follow, the vistas in the game are very much 343, white, floating and imposing. Back grounds remind me very much of Halo Wars. 343 have really really dodged extinction with thisAbsolutely amazing game with amazing graphics. With two hours of multi-player and one of campaign this game is amazing. I have not witnessed, or heard of, any lag while online. While the story is fairly hard to follow, the vistas in the game are very much 343, white, floating and imposing. Back grounds remind me very much of Halo Wars. 343 have really really dodged extinction with this game, I myself falling prone to the "343, its gonna suck" feel. Halo wars was fairly good, but not up to the Halo pedigree. Every model and texture is new, and some weapons and armour look very different compared to traditional halo armours. The unlocking system is much better than Reach, having to spend credits earned from leveling up on weapons and bonuses rather the wasting them on aesthetic. The leveled armour unlock system works much better than Reach's armour system. Expand
  99. Nov 13, 2012
    Excellend start to the new Halo trilogy. 343i did more than expected for their first fully developed Halo game. Graphics look fantastic, the story is enthralling, and the multiplayer is fun. What more could you ask for? This is a must buy for any fan of the Halo franchise.
  100. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. TROLLS ARE BRINGING THE AVERAGE OF THIS GAME DOWN.

They need to cut that out, because this is an amazing game. In fact, I think its the best Halo since Halo 2. 343 went all out for this game and it should not be overlooked because a bunch of haters are trying to bring something popular down.

Graphics. 10/10 -- Lightyears ahead of any other Halo game and some of the best I've seen on the 360. The only games on a console I would put above Halo 4 in terms of graphics would be Uncharted 3 and Gear of War 3

Gameplay -- 10/10 -- A solid as it gets. Very smooth never had any trouble. The weapons, the aim, everything just feels right and natural. I do miss the grenade swap from Halo 3 though. I prefer switching grenades with the LB button rather then the d-pad. But that's a small gripe

Sound - Epic soundtrack, amazing score and the sound effects are top notch. I love the gun sounds, they sound a lot better than previous halos. 9/10

Campaign - 9/10 In terms of action, the campaign was great. However I preferred the first half of the game more. I felt the second half was too focused on indoor environments. I really loved the natural environments in the beginning. I think it made the graphics shine and it had a cool feel to it. Story -- 7/10 The story is nothing special. I played the earlier Halos a long time ago and I was a little confused at times. The Cortona/Master Chief relationship missed the mark as well. But, Halo was never a game I played for its story. Multiplayer - 10/10 -- Amazing multiplayer. My favorite of any Halo. Truly a masterpiece

Overall - 10/10 ( its not an average.. but that my lasting appeal)

Multiplayer -